Why is the Kingdom Heart plot so complicated? How the hell do they expect their target audience (young kids) to follow?

Why is the Kingdom Heart plot so complicated? How the hell do they expect their target audience (young kids) to follow?

Attached: Ariel.jpg (882x784, 54K)

>The Kingdom Hearts plot is such a mess how do they expect ANYONE to follow it?
I gave up on the series around the second game because my Disney based JRPG was a complete shitshow.

I read her shirt in the tune of My Favorite Things, and now I can't remember how the song is supposed to go.

The bigger question is how the fuck do they expect people to start at 3?

Like, Disney forced them to use Pixar worlds only so new fans would be interested but how is that even possible?

KH has one of the most clusterfuck plots of all time.

It's because their target audience is literally PRESS X DO THE THING HIT THE BADDIE SEE PRETTY COLORS.
Toddler tier.
It's the reason why Osaka Team makes a terrible combat system and nobody cares.
It's the reason why the core KH2FM team is long gone and people play KH3 and think "it's fine, same mash shit".

Because KH was only coincidentally good for 1 game.
It was good by mistake, just once.
The rest of this entire series is just this diharrea of glitter, sugar and emo shotas that the fans will gobble up no matter how shit and clueless Osaka team is.

And, even if you don't give a shit about KH, rest assured that this is going to (and already is) also having a strong influence on how Square is handling their Final Fantasy titles gameplay and plot wise.

it not complicated. it is just bad written. like really bad written. it should be used as an exemple on how to not write a story. nomura invents shit on the fly and clearly doesn't care about coherence

Who fucking cares about gay-ass kingdom hearts just post Ariel

Ariel does things to my crotch.

Don't mind me, just here to fix the thread.

Attached: Thread fixer.png (583x303, 282K)

>their target audience (young kids)
That hasn’t been the target audience since the first game.

It's not, you just have to not skip the games like a casual.

>her shirt
say what you will about Disney, this is pretty funny

Kingdom Hearts' story does not become complicated until DDD.

Kids skip cutscenes.

It's not complicated it's just convoluted. I personally blame BBS for that.

It isn't complicated, it is pointlessly overwritten. There is a difference. Being complicated means there is depth. Overwritten means neckbeards on the internet will argue that it has depth.

Cute feet.

I liked it better when it didn't have Organization 13.

>Why is the Kingdom Heart plot so complicated?
It got norted.

figuratively fuck disney
figuratively fuck square enix
literally fuck ariel

I started liking it after Organization 13 appeared.

why is areil on the casting couch? is she about to get BLACKED?

cringedom gay isnt complicated, it's incoherent and surface level deep. maybe 1nm deep. For every mention of DARKNESS and LIGHT they never actually explore philosophies with it. Even in BBS which is Star Wars: Gay Japanese Edition, Ultimate Light God Square blames his ultra conservatism on darkness.

Literally the only people who say that KH is complicated are people who either never played it or people who never played past the first 2 games.
Anyone who played through the entire series can tell you that the plot is just dumb.

It's not complicated, is stupid, is somehow you manage to play the games on release order ( NOT chronologically) back in the day (which mean owned at least five consoles) you realize they just add stupid shit each game, is not hard to follow, but trying to start from any point BUT KH one, or skiping any entry means you will get lost in all the stupid shit the added in between.

Case in point, trying to explain who the fuck in Xehanorth is a nightmare, but if you start from one with Xenams, then you get Anxem in two, with an explanation of what most of his deal is on Chain of Memories, which already sounds stupid to even type, but again, from anyone who followed the release order, is just add the stupid shit over what you already knew, so by the time you get to BBS, even if it's alredy seems like a nightmare to explain (and it is), you get what it's going on. The biggest problem is that people TRIES to explain the story on chronological order, which is a mistake, just start from the story of one, and add the stupid shit as it goes, just like in the games. Also, I barely have played two of 3 of this games, a no, I haven't played 2, so I am not a fan, I just has to endure a lot of fans explained this nonesense to me until it made sense, and it makes sense once I realize the basic problem, is not complicated, is just stupid.

Speak English, Ivan.

The KH2FM either literally IS the guys who made KH3, or it's the guys who made FFXV. Take your pick, either way the myth is getting exposed

>these are the soup brained retards that call KH "complicated"

fuck me.

Attached: A7155603-1E6C-44D6-9F5D-3D6018E0EF54.png (279x237, 3K)

why is this working on me?

The fact that so much shit happened between 2 and 3 just makes me wonder why they bothered calling it Kingdom Hearts 3 in the first place

What are your thoughts on the ____

>Why is the Kingdom Heart plot so complicated
To get people to chase after this series through at least five different systems. That's it.
>but it's all on the PS4 now
Ten years ago it wasn't.

Attached: 1537206102739.jpg (132x41, 3K)

You sorta have a point when it comes to Chain of Memories, but BBS was absolutely supposed to be a PS2 title.
But something something i don't remember happened and they were forced to redirect it to the PSP.
I think that's when things started getting really confusing, that was the turning point.

Attached: kh25_bbs_system_img_08.jpg (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Because Sora is the main protag.

PS3 title*

What? No, it was supposed to be on PS2.
Where did you hear PS3?

Attached: I have been waiting for feet.png (830x527, 335K)

Why is there no smell option? Fix that image right now bro.

It's not complicated. You literally just have to pay attention and play/watch the games. Most people confused about KH's story blatantly missed games or ignored plot points they didn't like.

Attached: SoraCharlie.jpg (1200x803, 197K)

Old man bad
Old man splits himself into 2 to do bad things
Old man gets beaten twice
Old man comes back together and brings his bad friends with him
Old man dies
Cloaked man bad

>blatantly missed games
Gee, you think?
You goddamn brainlet.

Yeah, that's why I said it.
I genuinely don't understand the point of this post.

If you actually have a hard time following KH's plot you might be a legit brainlet.

Oh, I remember something about neither PS2 or PSP having the technology for capes or whatever and Nomura wanted to push it to PS3 for that, guess it was just a rumor. While we're on the subject of BBS what the hell was up with Olympus? None of the writing made sense and reeked of "split world" DDD bullshit.

Nomura DID invision all the characters in the game having capes, yes.
But obviously that wasn't the reason why it didn't come out on PS2, they would've just compromised like they did for the PSP version.
Mostly it was Sony fuckery instead.

>following KH's plot you might be a legit brainlet.
even as a fan of KH i can say the story is hard to follow cause its really overwritten people arent wrong when they say its hard to follow so much pointless shit is added to the plot it makes the series uninteresting, instead of expanding on a few ideas to make a story Nomura added a bunch of pointless shit and the story is all over the place. its not hard to follow but its way too complicated

>even as a fan of KH i can say the story is hard to follow
>its not hard to follow
?!?!

autism

>>its not hard to follow
i shouldve put as a fan idk maybe cause i played the games when i was a kid i was able to follow the plot easier, but I feel most KH fans can agree a lot of pointless shit was added to the story line that makes the story complicated

god I wish I could smell those feet

>That, right there, is the darkness. Can we talk about the darkness, please, Goofy? I've been dying to talk about the darkness with you all day, OK? "Ansem," this name keeps coming up over and over again. Every day Ansem's heartless is getting sent back to me. Ansem! Ansem! I look in the dark corridor, and this whole place is Ansem! So I say to myself, "I gotta light this guy! I gotta go up to his dimension and put this light in the guy's goddamn hands!" So I go up to Ansem's dimension and what do I find out, Goofy? What do I find out?
>THERE IS NO ANSEM, THE MAN DOES NOT EXIST

Because its not marketed to kids exclusively. Its aimed toward young to mid teens that are living in the edgy zone of life.