Is the GTX 1060 still worth it?

Is the GTX 1060 still worth it?

Attached: GeForce_GTX_1060_KeyVisual_2000px_1467825920.0.png (1200x800, 832K)

No.

/thread

>pc

the 6gb model is still good

nvidia is trash

Buy an xbox

Isn't the 1660 just better for similar prices?

have sex

buy your video cards now before crypto takes off again

the 6gb version is still good for 60fps 1080p gaming

I just bought one with 6GB for 1366x768.

it's under $170 so yeah, it's worth it, literally.

>crypto
>ever coming back
All people who invested are now literally ruined and bankrupted. Why would anybody fall for it AGAIN?

it's still pretty good

My 660 is still worth it

real communism has never been tried

Attached: pepecn.jpg (750x725, 365K)

>he didn't buy all his bitcoin when they were $20 a pop
>he didn't sell his bitcoin for $19k
It's painful, I know.

please

>he doesn't game at 1360x768 to avoid having to buy a new card every semester
Still rocking a 960 over here

>i7-9700k
>GTX 2070 8GB
>16 GB DDR4
>750w PSU for potential upgrades
>z390 mom

Is this good?

no

Attached: gamingrig.png (974x539, 696K)

no 1070 is the way to go

Much better

what does this image mean?

Nop.

Yes, if you want to play visual novels.

amd is arguably worse. absolutely no power efficiency to be found in amd cards so they have insane power draw and turn your room into a heat chamber.

>12 gigabytes of RAM POWER
Always gets me

yes

1660 is like 20% faster at most

RTX is shit

I never questioned him before, but now I think, was he merely pretending?

?

all games are designed to work on the ps4 and then ported over to pc, so a 1050ti is all you will ever need until the ps5 releases, the 1060 is already overkill.

IM GOING TO DO IT
IM BUYING A 2080
SOMEBODY STOP ME

guy bought a really mediocre computer for 1.2k bucks.

like..really REALLY bad.
the fact that the entire rig only takes 400watts should be a dead give-away.

1 bitcoin is still worth more than 4000usd. let that sink in for a minute.

it was bait dude, obvious bait.

I actually work in a computer parts shop and I'm meeting potatoes like this guy on a daily basis. They're 100% real.

Attached: 1495805264966.png (427x427, 307K)

You'd be fucking suprised. There are really dumb people out there with a lot of disposable income. Usually they're gullible as shit.

waste of fucking money

RTX is shit

the setup and price of his hardware makes no sense though.

you have no idea how retarded people actually are when it comes to computer stuff.

to be fair it is something that involves a lot of self research and not something the schools teach you. This is where the laziness and cluelessness kicks in. Rather than do the research themselves people will just take the smiling salesman "word for it" when it comes to rather or not that 1500$ Alienware is the best on the market. They know this too which is why they sometimes specifically market themselves to clueless moms/dads trying to buy for their kids.

your typical person doesnt know that 1 TB harddrive and 16 GBRAM is the absolute bare minimum you should have nowadays or that buying a high power PC wont even work if you dont also have a high power monitor to go along with it.

Attached: 1482629975548.webm (720x1280, 1.74M)

No shit? Of course it doesn't. Do you think that I correct retards that come to my shop convinced that they "totally know things about computers" when they explain what they want to include in their rigs?

As long as it works and I can bill them for it I rarely try to correct them. UNLESS they humble up and actually ask for advice.

make sure its used

:ok:

>Meanwhile, taking a look at power efficiency, it’s interesting to note that for the GTX 1660 Ti NVIDIA has been able to hold the line on power consumption: performance has gone up versus the GTX 1060 6GB, but card power consumption hasn’t. Thanks to this, the GTX 1660 Ti is not just 36% faster, it’s 36% percent more efficient as well.

No, GTX 1660 Ti and GTX 1660 is superior

I don't care about high end anymore, I've been robbed enough with this bullshit. Don't fall for the e-peen meme, tweak your games until you have enough cash for an upgrade. The 1060 and rx580 play current games at high-ultra 1080p and they will last you 2-3 more years.

based

>12 gigs of ram was absolute overkill in 2011
>there was no "intel quadra" cpu
>the gt520 wasnt even an entry level gaming card, it was the gtx 1030 of its time but even worse

there is no way this cost 1500usd. if youre a potatote and asking for a gaming rig you will usually get a gaming rig, even if overpriced as fuck, but the build he posted is surfing, office and movies machine with a weird amount of ram for double the price.

it makes no sense.

but why would you demand a gt520 for a gaming rig? that card was unable to play any games even in 2011. it was a htpc/office card.

if i wanted to sell stupid shit to potato who wants a gamer pc i would go for something expensive, a gt520 makes 0 sense. and if i was a potato back then i wouldnt even have known what a gt520 is so i would have never demanded one in the first place.

Actually you could walk out of my shop with something like that if you encountered my boss behind the counter once in a blue moon, it would be your wallet's funeral. I chukle internally every time someone asks me if he/she "can speak with the manager about a discount".

I swear to god he has to have jewish ancestry. He'd sell you anything and make you think that you've made the best deal of your life. It's painful to watch and I'm pretty heartless myself.

>but why would you demand a gt520 for a gaming rig?

That's not how it works. You encounter a moron being rute to you and pretending that he knows what he's talking about, usually calling GeForce cards "the nvidias" or some shit like that, asking for "the best card you have, my budget is 50$". This is what he gets because it was collecting dust on our shelves and because I'm not paid enough to deal with this shit.

I don't mind buying prebuilt, actually. I've been looking at a prebuilt and researching prices of the individual components inside. The cost difference is only $300. That might sound like a lot, but I'd rather have someone who knows what they're doing put in the liquid CPU cooling system. Also, system warranty as opposed to individual.

the dude supposedly paid 1500usd, not 50, so he was definitely not sold a gt520.

It was just an example. When customer has no idea what the components are you can sell them just about anything with some white lies as long as you put it in a shiny case (bonus points for LEDs)

I know that I'm talking shit here, but usually we tend to treat our customers really well with our prebuilds unless they act like jackasses.