How do you feel about Ashen?

How do you feel about Ashen?

Attached: Ashen-13.png?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1.png (1920x1080, 765K)

The thumbnail made it look like a fucking massive buffalo or something.

>still no Steam release
>not on Switch
>not on PS4
How the fuck would anyone here know? We can talk about it when the timed exclusiveness on pc is over or when it's ported to one of the consoles that aren't Xbox.

I was curious until the guy shilling it on Yea Forums shat on Nioh and claimed that Ashen was the only Souls game worth playing besides Demon's Souls.
Taking a dump on other games to make yours look good is a big red flag on my book.

Just pirate it.

Isn't this an Epic Store exclusive? That's a yikes from me nigga

It was one of the first games to pull a Metro Exodus.

I pirated it, played for two days and got bored.

Probably would have given it a go if it wasn't an Epic store exclusive.

Probably the worst soulslike in existence. Worst moveset and utility variety, awful feel of the combat, lack of any interesting mechanics whatsoever.
It's worse than LotF and The Surge.

>Game isn't on Steam
Then it isn't on PC.
Easy rule to live by, Yea Forums!

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 123K)

Ashen felt more like BotW than a soulslike game.

BotW had a mechanical freedom incomparable to Ashen.

>pirate
>beat first boss
>uninstall
>forget game's existence until this thread

Attached: 1528731358253.gif (250x271, 991K)

Very Soulsbornian.

No doubt. I were talking more in terms of visual design and general flow of the game.

I feel like it tried too hard to copy other games and doesn't offer much originality. The spear system is ok but they're kinda useless in combat anyway. Some dungeons are way to fucking long and difficult. Demon's Souls did long levels right by having a bunch of shortcuts around the level. Ashen has no such thing.

I don't like the artstyle. Atleast it's not shilled as hard as that 2D beetle garbage game

It reminds me of how much of a failure absolver was and I don't like being reminded of that.

Attached: 4ac.jpg (621x621, 89K)

Haven't played it. Is it any good?

Worst soulslike to date. The journey partner meetup shtick falls flat immediately and the visuals put off any remaining immersion it had

Just makes me wish Code Vein was out already.
Or had any new information

>Epic

Attached: delete_this.jpg (638x459, 37K)

Game would have been great if they spent more time making their own game and less time aping Souls.

It's a great game. Clearly a copy of Souls, but it does enough different (especially level design) to make it stand out. Biggest flaw is lack of weapons/armor/movesets/enemies etc. but that's expected from an indie studio. Solid 20-30hr game

It was pretty mediocre and slow, and only made me want to go back and do another run of DS3

codex version is great