Should games have a "Games Journalist" mode?

Should games have a "Games Journalist" mode?

Attached: Cuphead-Journalist.jpg (640x360, 28K)

Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist Journalist

Most publishers already provide review guides (step by step instructions) to game "journalists".

kek

yes, it should turn your computer into a bomb

serious question. how come so many "game journalists" are retarded? how come so many of them know nothing about games? why not just hire some nerd who actually gives a shit about video games, even if the text itself isnt as well written because the guy doesnt have a journalism degree (fucking lol) at least its done by a person with background knowledge and passion.

Apparently a lot of games journalists are just failed real journalists

This.

Yeah and it blows the game up right in front of their faces.

If it takes a journalist that long to get past the fucking tutorial, then he doesnt need to be playing games. You kinda need to be knowledgeable about them.

Attached: journalists.jpg (960x819, 157K)

Because most of them don't actually play video games except the ones they're reviewing, and they usually just want to go through them as quick as possible so they put them on the easiest difficulty and fly through them, because it's just a job. This is why games like Dark Souls get hyped up as the hardest games ever, because there's no braindead easy mode for journalists.

Because nerds aren’t the core consumers of video games anymore. Game journalism outlets are businesses out to make a profit, they don’t give a shit about the game or what nerds think of it, they give a shit about getting clicks and retweets.

>wanting to write for (((New York Times)))

Attached: ballmer.webm (360x270, 1.07M)

Worked for Mario Odyssey

Sums up what I’ve been saying for years. They hate vidya and they hate the people who play vidya with a deep and unending passion.

NYT is dogshit but they would pay a hell of a lot better than fucking polygon or IGN

im not really big into vidya but if u pay me i will actually try it and give it wht it deserves lol

>why not just hire some nerd
cause he will write about the game not tell you if the devs are racists or brave trannies and will focus on performance not levels of toxicity in current gaming communities

Are we talking about THE Dean Takahashi?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-25 13-32-33.png (621x641, 216K)

"Games Journalist" mode is just payola

nobody reads the websites and magazines anymore. it's a dead profession. you can find those exact nerds you're talking about everywhere now reviewing things for free and actually knowing what they're talking about.
game journalists are bitter people who know they've fucked up their careers and they're aboard a sinking ship. they never cared about videogames, they thought it'd be easy to be a game journalist but it turns out films require 90 minutes of your time, games require a minimum of 8 hours and your own input to make it happen. they don't enjoy playing, they just want to get their homework done. that's why journalists bitch about difficulty modes. that's why journalists praise walking sims and 'cinematic' games. they'll praise anything that makes their job easier.

Let's be honest, this was the greatest piece of advertisement they could have asked for.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about any old Dean Takahashi.

I'm talking about this guy, the one on the right. See here, where he is BTFO by a 5-year old.

Try and think about this seriously. The guy on the right has been writing professionally about video games for four times longer than the kid on the left has been alive.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-03-25 17-53-46.png (864x610, 284K)

>choose game journalist mode
>game redirects to a private youtube video of the dev doing a playtrough