Playing Bloodborne for the first time

So i'm going to be playing these hardcore souls like games Nioh, Darksouls eries, The Surge, Lords of the Fallen etc. I'm starting with bloodborne, what can i expect?

Attached: images.jpg (189x267, 13K)

Fun

Lots of slashing and lots of dodging.

A very shitty framerate.

Avoid Lords of the Fallen, it's dog shit

This.
Too bad Bloodborne is exclusive to this shitty console.

Really? How so? It's at the end of my list so i can miss it.

is the surge any good?

Dodge into the attacks, you have some invincibility frames during dodges. When you get hit you get HP back for doing damage
For bosses usually moving from left to behind of them will help you avoid taking damage with some exceptions
Use your blood stone shards on a select few chosen weapons
Find out what kind of build you want, there's STR, Quality, Skill, Bloodtinge. I recommend going for STR or quality for your first run. When you're really good do a 99 arcane(magic) build, it's so much fun.

Don't start with Bloodborne or every other souls game will feel like shit in comparison

Don't bother with shovelware like Surge, Lords of Fallen and Nioh.

Combat is just bad I found. To be fair I didn't play it a lot because I just hated it so quickly, but it just wasn't my kind of game

It's alright, I liked it and the map is pretty good but it doesn't finish nicely

I'm fighting Smough and Ornstein right now. I can hardly get near them. Should I wear light or heavy armor? Is a +5 weapon strong enough? My stats are focused on strength, vitality, and endurance

>Is a +5 weapon strong enough?
No

Best soul game overall.

Fun. You might encounter difficulty spikes, but that's how it is with these games. Also, don't even bother with shovelware like Lords of the Fallen, Surge, or Immortal Unchained. Nioh is a great souls-like, but Soulsborne have their own thing going on for them. Just play through BB, then DeS or DaS1. After that, you can do the sequels.

Attached: IMG_0541.jpg (632x548, 24K)

lolno

Babby's first Souls, character building is shit and got gutted hard, less replay value, extremely short, need I go on?

...oh and don't forget to play the DLCs for each Soulsborne game. That's where their strongest point is at.

Your first souls was dks2, right user?

lol yes

It's got a better PvE, 2nd best level design, weapon vaibility, mobility (doesn't feel like a clunky mess), etc.

Fun, annoyance and beauty (if you're into things like Junji Ito and Kentaro Miura.)

Normally when you die it's pretty easy to tell what you did wrong. Don't be afraid to experiment with different weapons and play styles. It's a fun challenge if you don't hype yourself up too much. Just jump into it user.

I'd say don't bother with any of those except Nioh.

+5 is kind of low (and probably biggest decider of how much damage you deal), what weapon exactly are you using?
Also try to keep them separated and/or Smough behind a pillar so he cant charge. Focusing Ornstein first was easier me. Above all don't get greedy. If you aren't very seasoned the fight is mostly an endurance fight where you slowly whittle them down. There won't be openings long enough for extended combos before you're familiar with the fight.

stop making threads about this fucking game, it's four years old and I'm still so fucking mad that I'll never be able to play it

Attached: 1485384037587.png (657x527, 29K)

Why cant you play it?

just play it on ps now

Just buy a used base PS4. That's all you need. They're like a couple hundred, less than that even.