Play Elex

Play Elex

Attached: 9E3932DF-4E44-44E5-9E0A-EC4A308B61D7.jpg (500x713, 148K)

no

Right now?

Does this game have a story or is it just a sandbox to fuck around with?

Wasn't this the trash Gothic rip off but in the future or am I thinking of something else?

Again?

Terrible game

It has a story, side quests, faction exclusive quests, companion quests, etc. The usual package. Most quests can be solved in several ways too, and sometimes you can be locked out of options based on your "morality".

Already did it twice. Eagerly waiting a sequel.

Shit taste

ugly fucking protagonist

Terrible game.

Yes and they basically spent 99% of their effort on designing the hobo part of the game and 1% if designing the post-hobo content.

No Sseth.

Not kawaii uguu enough for you, aniki?

Attached: jax.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

Is it fixed yet? Last i checked it out the combat/leveling/spawns were an absolute mess.

They finished patching it a long time ago. There were minor changes to some weapons, but from what I remember none to the leveling and the spawns, not sure what others you about them.

I did, it's horrible.

>eurojank
no thanks

>eurojank
>and not the good kind like gothic
why don't they just remake gothic and add a bunch of shit? it would honestly would be 100x better than wathever shitty generic shit with shitty combat they make

I'm too busy replaying Gothic 2 right now

Attached: 1451236092436.png (600x600, 33K)

I got nearly a hundred hours out of it last year. Really enjoyed it, top tier exploration and world. Minimal jank at this point. Some balance issues. Late game you kind of become an unstoppable god, but early on is really fun. Everything will slap you, so you have to sprint and jet pack around the map trying to complete quests to level up, before even trying to take on most enemies. Probably gonna replay it and go for a different faction.

I already played it, niglett. Now where the fuck is my sequel?

>Play this semi-interesting but stiff and ultimately kinda bland game

No thanks. I regret that purchase.

Outlaws > Berserker > Cleric scum

literally the opposite you luddite shit

Both wrong. Its
Berserkers (their quest line is literally a game by itself) > Cleric (lmao brainwashing) > Outlaws (single digit IQs)

>Outlaws
>can't restore Baxter to power
Why even bother joining then.

Any tips for new players? Most fund faction or build. Things to buy/level

Ok faggot listen up here.
Most important is you get that hunting skill to level 3 (forgot its name).
Basically having good loot is locked behind it, unlock it and your shitting money left and right.
Then grab Chemistry, you can make potions that increase your attributes / skills with it.
Also in Outlaw-city theres a merchant who sells unlimited amounts of Elex.

Also dont bother fighting in the beginning and just be everybodies cute little bitch boy and do their errands. And play on hardest difficulty or theres no point on playing this hobo sim.

Melee:
Outlaws > Berserkers > Clerics

Ranged:
Clerics > Berserkers >>> Outlaws

Pure mage:
Clerics > Berserkers

Pick a faction early and join them asap for the armor and the faction skill tree. Clerics are the easiest faction to join, you should have no trouble doing it by level 5. Berserkers is not much more difficult, but needs more work. How much more depends on your reputation with them. The more you screw them over, the more you'll have to do. Outlaws needs less work, but it is considerably harder to pull off before level 8-10~ish.

Alchemy is the king of skills, the skill to end all skills. Don't fall for the propaganda, Elex is good for you.

Does flamethrower still stunlock everything or did they patch it?

They patched it. Still good, still the most dangerous weapon on an enemy, but it's no longer god mode.

>Pick a faction early and join them asap for the armor and the faction skill tree.
Dont listen to this retard.
The pre-faction game is actually the majority of the game, if you join a faction early you are skipping most of the game.
Join a faction only if you have nothing else to do anymore.

Joining a faction doesn't lock you out of any quests, there is no downside to joining. The starting armor helps, but it won't stop enemies from mauling you, it doesn't make you too good too fast, and advancement has level requirements (5 for joining, 15 for second, 25 for third). Joining a faction doesn't even progress the main quest. It has literally zero downside, and you get to see some faction reactivity in quests.

>Joining a faction doesn't lock you out of any quests
Incorrect. You will be locked out of other faction quests. The optimal route is to complete available content for each faction prior to joining any of them.

Thank you guys!

Wrong. Even after you join one, you can still do all of the other recruitment quests. The only difference is that now your only reward is the payment, they won't offer membership. You are only locked out of the other faction advancement quests, but that's true no matter when you join.

hideous potato motherfucker

Attached: Jax.jpg (631x355, 48K)

Years of Elex will do that to you.

everything at the start is a skull mob.

I quit cause it was just frustrating.

Incidentally I started playing it a while ago. It feels like yet another PB game and everything is out to buttfuck you, which is a welcome change. Why did it get so much hate at release?

Play on the hardest difficulty and you'll never see a skull. Ez

Nein

Because it's another clunky PB game where everything is out to buttfuclk you. It's just not for everyone.
Also the graphics are pretty dated.

PB's protagonists are beautiful people.
At least Jax is not a manlet like the Risen guy.

Attached: germans.png (796x231, 281K)

Always hated that he's just the guy from Infamous. Cole or whatever

It's poorly balanced garbage that outright lies to you with unintuitive combat on top of having atrocious hitboxes.

He is generic spesh marine. And that works because that's basically what he is.

he ugly

Terrible game, uninstalled 6 times already.

man Nameless Hero is such a great fucking protagonist even though he is pretty damn generic

You don't need to be pretty when you are the highest ranking officer of the most powerful army.

Because his personality in 1-2 was great, so it didn't matter that he looked generic or had no background. It made perfect sense in a prison colony. A bit less later, but whatever.

But I liked that they tried something different with Jax.