Tomba / Tombi thread

Let's talk about Tomba! Or Tombi for all you eurofags out there.

Best game? Favorite event? Worst event? Which one did you play first?

Things not permitted in this thread:
• any memeing about the caveman gdq fiasco

Attached: tomba-2.0.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tTLPFGSctqQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sDS46o7EdJc
youtube.com/watch?v=-y9uLrvswNg
youtube.com/watch?v=tCrVgP6jp_8
youtube.com/watch?v=hEA2K_6j3dc
youtube.com/watch?v=fWJ3ZehxDDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Didn't the NA version have the shit intro music? The EU one was so superior

youtube.com/watch?v=tTLPFGSctqQ

The spritework in this game is great. It’s a treat for my eyes. This sort of stuff always makes me giddy.

Gameplay wise it’s good, huge world for a 2D game, sad it flopped.

it's a cult classic at this point.
Definitively one of my favourite games ever made.

Attached: Mushroom-forest.png (320x224, 32K)

I had a demo of the first game. A friend gave me a bootleg copy of the second. The areas in the first game were more unique and varied, but the more generic zones in the second (snow, fire, beach, water temple) were all done really well.

Attached: 1478434609406.png (320x224, 106K)

play the full game if you haven't already

Give me one (1) game that is similar or a ripoff of Tomba and I can die happy. Or give me Tomba 3

Klonoa and Klonoa 2.
Tomba is a weird mish mash of platformer, metroidvania, with some RPG elements sprinkled in.

>Or Tombi for all you eurofags out there

I'm from Uropland but it was just Tomba in my country as well. The first time I've saw anyone call it "Tombi" was here.

Attached: 1487257327891.png (350x425, 98K)

This...looks fun

They fucked it up with the second game.

Mainland Europe maybe? I'm a pastafag and it was Tombi over here.

Croatia fag here. My copy was Tombi.

So confirmed, Santa’s little helper is a squirrel

Eastern Europe to be exact, as far as I can tell it was Tomba all around in slavland.

Attached: 1487343747284.png (520x414, 352K)

fuck off nigger

Attached: Quick!_The_Trolley!.png (640x480, 179K)

Loved 2 but never got around to play the first. I wish Sony wasn't shit and Whoopee was alive so they could make 3. Tomba could have been the Mario of Sony.

Then it looks like that naming convention was all over the place for some reason.

gendered languages put an i at the end because Tomba sounds like a girl's name to them

I rented this game so much but I don't think I ever made it past the intro zone. Not that I couldn't get past it, I just don't remember anything past like some big ass tower you climb up that's windy, and then nothing. There was so much shit to do.

Do yourself a favour and play the first one since it's better.

What do fast pants do

just emulate it, doofus.

Never played the second, but the first was a treat even if i didnt understand anything but "PIGS ARE BAD."
Is it easy to emulate?

That's bullshit, it would mean that it should've been Tombi in my language as well and it wasn't.

Emulated it a few years ago. I was glad to see it help up like I hoped it would after all the years.

Attached: Water Temple.jpg (320x180, 14K)

I'd really prefer it if you'd be quiet.

I AM TOMBA THE MIGHTY

They fast.

Attached: 1501848926502.png (540x353, 262K)

I dunno m9 it was Tombi for me

The first game is a lot better, IMO. The second one was pretty awesome at first but it felt lacking in content, especially towards the end. The first Tomba game felt like a totally finished experience but the second one felt rushed as all fuck.

Also, the US localization has some absolutely absurd voice acting. There's literally a part where one of the actors breaks character, adjusts himself, then continues the line as if nothing happened:

youtube.com/watch?v=sDS46o7EdJc

Not to mention in other parts, obviously female characters had obviously male voices. It's almost like the people responsible for doing voice overs had literally 24 hours to do the whole thing no matter how shitty it turned out.

In any case, it's still a pretty neat game but really only worth checking out as an afterthought to the first one. Tomba 1 is a fucking classic. Tomba 2 is questionable at best.

Attached: 119069iBEAA4AB902EA2AEC.gif (400x458, 309K)

Baron is a good boy

cAME to post this

Are there any decent speedruns of this game or its sequels?

Whats chibi been up to?

based

Attached: tumblr_ovkve6hjuF1udhkqho1_500.gif (500x375, 39K)

Already played those sadly.
Fuck, apparently Oney's game will be inspired by Tomba so maybe it'll scratch that itch.

Theres one i can think of

Just talk about the memes already. Nobody actually likes this game

This disc back in '98 introduced me to tomba, played the demo so many times. I couldn't find the full retail game in my area at the time, but eventually I bought it from a friend.

Attached: PSX-Inter-Sampler-7-SCUS-94258.jpg (1311x416, 191K)

try Pandemonium 2. It's alright.

funny how pigs are like always the bad guys in video games

Such as?

>Nobody actually likes this game
I would really prefer if you shut the fuck up.

Attached: FixedIllegalCapeghostfrog-size_restricted.gif (500x282, 769K)

Thats not the meme. Get the meme right you memer

>nobody actually likes this game

Confirmed pleb. Play it and tell me it isn't a fucking amazing game.

The first one, not the second one. The second one kinda sucks.

fuck off moron.

Still not right. Please, follow the meme syllabus.

If that's the real reason it's a stupid one, Tomba doesn't look like a real name and so doesn't seem particularly gendered. I mean, otherwise you wouldn't have so many people thinking that Zelda was the protagonist over here...

I am more of a fan of the second one, but because I grew up with that one.
Did you knew the original Japanese soundtrack was changed? and honestly I'm glad about that, because the Japanese soundtrack is not as good.

Attached: Bring_the_Big_Sack!.png (640x480, 226K)

Zelda is a girl's name

Is the first one not worth playing?

Was this the one that came with an Einhander demo? Either way I remember playing the shit out of these demos.

Attached: rfskKoC.jpg (289x292, 25K)

Absolute love them, atmosphere in places like the windy area are just top notch. The last evil pig will forever be burned into my head, shame the second games final boss wasn't as good (despite the amazing build up).

How many jumping jacks can you do bros?

I didn't play it so I don't know.

It's called Legend of Zelda and dumb kids think therefore the main character must be called Zelda. It's more that Zelda is an uncommon name. I'm pretty sure they got the name from Zelda Fitzgerald, and she was big in the 20s, so you'd never hear it otherwise and associate it with women.

The conversation music in the NA version is annoying as fuck after only a few minutes of playing though

Water Evilpig had big tits

Attached: 2014-03-25_14-43-02.png (320x240, 87K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-y9uLrvswNg
It was a great spin on "going back everywhere to see where you've been"

I WOULD REALLY PREFER IF YOU WOULD BE QUIET HAHAHAH HOW CRINGE WAS THAT??

I AM TOMBA THE MIGHTY

He never says that

Anybody have a rundown of evil pigs in games?

That's because is a girl, at least in the original Japanese game:
youtube.com/watch?v=tCrVgP6jp_8
I don't know why they have her an old man voice in the dub.

RIP Crabs

Fast pants

The US voice acting was pants on the head retarded. I've heard some bad voice acting in vidya before, but Tomba! 2's VA's were unforgivably lazy.

Meme

This English VA is the absolute worst. On the otherhand the music seems way more fitting.

Attached: tomba2_screen012.jpg (320x269, 27K)

Forgot link.
youtube.com/watch?v=hEA2K_6j3dc

Join the Tomba Club you motherfuckers

Attached: uh.gif (160x192, 5K)

Do they have asiago cheese bagels?

It's a nice thought to think other anons will also be replaying or playing this for the first time while I am.

>finally get access to wifi
>put Tomba and others on lakka
>get the Bios's
>unable to load file.jpg

It just werks they said.

>mfw

Attached: 1440272856844.gif (267x200, 729K)

Yes

Attached: tmbg.gif (512x512, 15K)

Ironically enough, the italian dub, which is probably the worst one, still has her as a female.

Played both. Atmosphere for the first one was top-fucking-notch.
>ending up in the starting zone towards the end of the game and realizing you looped the whole island.

Older sis had the first game she would play on my ps1, we always got up to the bird on the mountain and never figured out what to do after that. Never had a guide or was able to find that stuff online, was pretty young at the time.

I remember that game
I liked it a lot as a kid but I could never 100% it because there were no internet guides at that time and some of the last ending parts were really hard to do

Was the infinite upwards staircase on tombi 1 or 2

I wish my memory card hadn’t corrupted before I got the last golden item. I know you get pants for finding them all but I don’t know what they do.

god fucking damn it I've wasted so many fucking hours on that fucking trolley I swear to fucking god I hated that thing

Subbed to the youtube channel a couple months ago. I hope whoever's behind the model viewer makes it publically available like that Spyro World Viewer. God bless everyone putting in the effort to this day.

youtube.com/watch?v=fWJ3ZehxDDw

Attached: 1549150288805.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

My favorite thing about the game is how it's constantly presenting you little mysteries to return to later. The _year old chest system, the doors with weird mystery keys, the puzzles with weapons for solutions, etc. You're constantly finding things that make you curious about their solution then a few hours later finding the item you know solves it, then you excitedly run back and finally find out what's inside.
It's great.

Attached: 1529732512090.gif (200x200, 9K)