Is it dying? Is it dead? Does anybody care about it?

Is it dying? Is it dead? Does anybody care about it?

Attached: ranger.jpg (1280x720, 165K)

I care, still play pretty often.
kinda ded

It's thriving for a game of a niche genre.

Attached: 15541364569120.jpg (1280x720, 376K)

What do youqant to hear? Game is very niche and will never be popular
Bethesda probably considers it to be hige loss
Its ok for what it is
Needa more duel maps though

It got a weird release.

AFPS isn't supposed to be niche

Maybe 15 years ago. Now it's all about battle royales.

ok list off your games you currently play and see if quake champions can fit in there
>for honor
>division
>siege
>sfv
>warthunder
>MHW
>PoE
>killing floor 2 and northgard for when times just passing
i literally have all the time in the world and i dont have enough time to play quake

and i have a 60hz monitor and have played with 144 so i know how much better the experience is and i just lament the fact

>tfw saving for a car/can buy a car but want a computer and monitor so i can vidya to my potential

Attached: 1552139249538.jpg (576x1024, 94K)

Framerate is not a panacea, it will only help with aim, but gamesense is very important too. Rapha for example is not the best aimer, but best player at this moment.

having over twice as many frames improves my aim a fucking billion
like idk you know how some people say they cant discern a difference, i notice it a dickload and shit helps me a lot

i need a keyboard that doesnt disconnect and an actual mousepad too

but tahts neither here nor there

how does that prove it's thriving

truly a gentleman and scholar
everyone here is retarded but me and you

Nobody would make a big prize for a competition in a dead game.

But we can see the number of players

In 2019?
Just this existing is a miracle.

You need just one player for a duel.

I know
I am playing this game every day and really enjoying it
However i have no idea how they are supposed to make the money they are spending on this game

Maybe it's a money-laundry scheme.

arena first person shooters are fucking dead because they haven't been able to innovate past Q3A/CPMA
literally all attempts at arena shooters aside from QC have been Q3A/CPMA clones (with the rare UT clone), which new players aren't interested in because of a lack of tutorials and a playerbase while getting their shit kicked in by veterans, while veterans have no reason to play a 9.5/10 clone of their 10/10 game but with an even deader playerbase

imagine if all fighting games were just nothing more but clones of street fighter 3, that's the situation with arena shooters
calling arena shooters a 'genre' can only be said in the same tone of voice you use when calling Pluto a planet

Did it even come out?

Technically not

No. Yes. No

Watch like EA's E3 shit. Most of those games were huge failures. How do they make money?

Are the performance issues fixed yet?
Had stable 60 fps and the struttering made it feel like 10 fps.
It was unbearable.

Attached: a4QpPoZ_460s.jpg (460x567, 52K)

Why do skill based shooters have such a hard time with each passing year? Say what you will about games like Halo but even classic Halo isn't being played by the normies like it once was. With every passing year the normalfag taste in shooters just increasingly gets shittier. Now its games like Fortnite. I shudder to think what will come next. Shooters just continue to get more casual and with their skill gaps removed.

>Is it dying? Is it dead?
someone tell him

Attached: 1523552253729.jpg (525x516, 73K)

i can't force myself to even try playing new multiplayer fps games (apart from QC/UT4)
shitty zombie games and meme royales are the worst things that happened to the fps genre

Hate to say it but even COD games used to be better than the shit getting shoveled out now. Later COD games even shoving crap in like loot boxes I mean goddamn. This genre just keeps getting worse by the day with seemingly no end in sight.

they are throwing away 200 thousand dollars for absolutely no reason
200 thousand dollars on quake live
wtf
200k they could have or could currently use for marketing for quake champions or paying for wages for the developer team
that dumb kid clawz is just gonna be 200k richer

It's always going to stutter unless you have a good pc, it's just a stupidly cpu intensive engine that struggles to put 8 players on the screen.
And arena fps have been dying since CS but it still makes me wonder where this game would have gone if it didn't have a shit engine, a couple years of two steps forward one step back patching and brilliant syncerror ideas like trying to pass off bots as real players weighing it down.

Your street fighter example makes no sense. ArenaFPS is a sub genre of FPS. Just as Street fighter is in a sub genre of fighting games that’s separate from tag fighter and anime fighters. Claiming a sub genre is dead because it hasn’t evolve to not be its sub genre is bizarre. They’re more likely dead because military fPS are much more accessible and became popular during a huge boom in the population playing multiplayer games. This new market has different expectations for a shooter.

let me rephrase that then, if "arena shooters" means "CPMA/UT clone" then it's not worth bothering to fit in this gay subgenre if there's so little room for innovation anyways with so little to be gained from adhering to its arbitrary constraints
just make your own shit that isn't a blatant Quake clone to satisfy everyone's 1v1 FPS dueling urges, and if exposed enough people will flock to it from their 10-man Quake IRC channels anyways

Smash Ultimate
DMC5
Seige
MHW
Emulating old games and romhacks to play on my phone.
/fit/
Tabletop with friends from high school once a week.

I don't have any time for Quake anymore, hell, I don't even have time for R6 and MHW to be honest.

AFPS were literally always a niche.
People just have nostalgic google to firmly strapped to their head when it comes to them, most player base was just playing mods not actual game

>muh semantics

spot the retardo

I'm so tired of you morons and your noob/veteran argument against arena games. This was never a problem when games had community servers because there were always tons of noob friendly or casual servers. The real problem is greedy corporate shits who want to lock down all content so they can dole it out for cash through loot boxes, so mods and community servers are not permitted.

based

also bethesda completely backed the original nudoom crap even before it exploded and basically picked it instead of quake

>This new market has different expectations for a shooter.
the market will just play the next big thing, bethesda just isn't pulling their weight

enjoy your nocommunity, the result of your epic heroism to stand up

That is literally the most retarded argument of semantics I have ever read in this cesspool.
AFPS died because they were literally the same game with not changes in their formula apart from "you can move mid air" .
Street Fighter changed 4 times in it's formula in the 90's and that's why it is the face of fighting games.

nothing wrong with battle royale as a game mode, the real issue there is that the absolute best thing we've gotten out of it is pubg, which has only recently gotten good and was pretty garbage for most of the time it's been playable.

>clawz winning anything when rapha is there

Attached: 1553897107273.jpg (699x828, 51K)

noobs aren't attracted to Reskinned Quake (such as Reflex, Warsow, and the soon to be D.O.A. Diabotical) whose only additions are slightly different weapons and small movement techniques, because these type of games aren't very well known for having a healthy playerbase so there's little point in trying to learn a multiplayer-only game nobody else will play in a year, and because there's nothing that makes those games stand out (for both old and new)

say what you want about the champions in Quake Champions, but at least it gave people a reason to give it more than a second glance to see what it brought to the table
if it was just Quake Live 2.0 it would be even deader than it is now

What did he mean by this?

Attached: qc2018.jpg (836x767, 94K)

Deader than dirt. Apparently the March update royally fucked up performance... again. The spaghetti code Saber used is undeniably unsalvageable at this point.

This. Even then the formula of "Grab the red shirt and blue ball at the proper time" is a boring 1. Show an average Joe a Quake Live duel or even FFA and then show him some Melee tourney-fags and tell me with a straight face which 1 you think he'll end up playing

dont know&dont care
they made it for the cukwatch audience so the cukwatch audience can have it

bo1 meme tournament lmao
pgl and dhw are the only duel tournaments that matter

Nobody from cukwatch play it.

ded

damn maybe thats why the game is dead

It's dead because most quake "players" are larpers.

>if you don't like my broken piece of shit game youre the problem
doesn't work taht way

It was stillborn.
It is dead.
Yes.

nah he's a true hardcore quaker, he's just never played and will never play any arena fps in his life, like these two
thanks for stopping by and sharing your important opinion

>hardcore
>important opinion
fuck off discord tranny

you don't have to leave your brain at the door here, this isn't your high school

ok napoleon complex poster i am pretending that i am hearing you

>Bethesda gains control of a series
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand RIP

You are welcome, sarcastic tool.
I have played quake 2 twenty years ago. I am playing quake 3 since it was released and I am good. Not Cypher and Rapha tier but I can shit on anyone on Yea Forums anytime. You would need to train for at least a few years to have a chance to win a duel against me in some maps. You will never ever have the ability to win against me on q3dm17.

>longest yard
top kek

don't really like it but if they would release their hybrid engine SDK for mappers i would gladly come back but none of this going to happen, i still play wolf ET daily

Can you beat Xaero on nightmare? If so, how?
He just aimbotting me with railgun before I can even notice him from that distance.

>announced center stage at E3
>backed by publisher titan bethesda
>developed by gaming legends id software
>saber interactive helping develop the game
>using Quake IP
>$2.1 million memesport prize money so far
>even people that paid $30 to play have abandoned the game
>they can't get people to play even now its f2p
>removed the lootboxes people still don't want to play
>last tech update was in January 2018 (hitbox improvements)
>no replays/demos
>no endless lobbies
>no warmup lobbies
>no community lobbies
>no LAN
>developers clearly left as the only remaining updates are rebalances
>top players all hate the game
It's 100% dead in the water.

>top players all hate the game
Source?

fuk up

Yeah, just let me pull out my list of clips and comments I store from the past streams of past and current players shittalking the game.

Okay, I'll wait.

raffer has done nothing but train for the past year and somehow he got beaten in a duel by fucking sib
i believe in raffer though. hf gb roof

I was being sarcastic you retard. Anyone who follows quake even casually has seen these clips and comments either on streams, youtube, interviews and comments. It's common knowledge at this point.
Even casual players on reddit are showing heavy distain for the game, the playersbase has left. The game is finished.

what's your region and QL handle
i'll duel you right now motherfucker, but miss me with that longest turd shit

>qc died before we could get hunter

Attached: 1549723458982.jpg (158x187, 8K)

Quake had one chance to recently come back, but Halo, at the time, was too big. Idiots probably thought it was a rip off. Now, in the age of Apex, Fortnite, and other wacky arena games, I don't think it has what it takes. Maybe in a few years when every one gets nostalgia for 90s edge again. But Halo will be there this time.

good news, her silhouette is just barely visible in a profile background from the list of awful new avatars and backgrounds from the leaked newest patch
bad news, she's all but deconfirmed as an actual champ

Well Rogan seems to care

Attached: jrequake.jpg (450x405, 88K)

I lived and loved Quake in my formative years, entering adolescence before the start of the new millennium and century, and before FPSs began to make a major formative shift to consoles. People have already talked about how intimidating the skill ceiling to not get yeeted or however the fuck Gen Z talks.

But you know, at the end of the day, sometimes you just gotta accept there are reasons Quake and other fast-paced arena shooters trying to be successors struggle for relevance, while Counter-Strike has stayed comfortably dominant for years, and console communities gravitate from the slow, floaty Halo to the rapid, ADHD Call of Duty to battle royales, and no amount of dressing it up and injecting endorphins with lootboxes and shit is gonna fix that.

Attached: beneath the stains of time the feelings disappear.png (1308x791, 1013K)

I still care, but this is the first time in 6 months the game's been in a good enough state that I even want to play and the playerbase is fucking gone now.
Syncerror still drawing breath is an absolute war crime against me.

Attached: 1553137472735.png (420x420, 415K)

no

Attached: epic.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

All they need to do is to fix the game and let toasters play it.

don't know what the fuck you're playing on but I've never had that issue

Beating Xearo on nightmare is not that hard if you control rail.
Machinegun and shotgun are most important for returning control of the rail. You can't let him take ammo or survive the jump to rail platform. Pushing him with machinegun is hard but not as hard as timing a rocket perfectly.

Counting down timers is not as hard and as important if a skill in the quake skillet as you believe it to be.
I love q3dm17 because it is the hardest map for faggots similar to you two.