What's the Yea Forumseredict?

What's the Yea Forumseredict?

Attached: xenonauts-2-0117-03.jpg (1600x901, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5qja2WfG_28
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah idk

Your fortune: Bad Luck

Is it out?

Did they make the air combat less obnoxious?

Will it ever come out?

No but he beta has been released for backers.

>early access

Is It out?
I want to gove it a try

haven't checked for a while, but is psi available for humans this time or are they still not able to use it?

Xenonauts, more like Xeno deez nuts

what does this have to offer that X-Com doesn't?

> say no (to) these nuts

Attached: 1507295720921.png (800x729, 48K)

Well, the original was sub-par.
The sequel seems to be taking the worst parts of FiraXCOM onboard.

Graphics and slighty better interface

Dice will be the metascore

>some M16 platform wimpy shit rifle
>not a G3 or FAL
It's shit

release date was pushed back several months. so I am worried

I find it amazing that MarioXRabbids ended up being the only x-com clone that is actually good.

G3 is a shit gun both in performance and aesthetics.
FAL has the better aesthetics so I agree about that.
But M16 >>>>>>>>>>>> G3

Does beta combine combat with management part?
Judging the game just on combat is pointless , because it needs o be harmonized with overworld.
Only x-com clone with good enough combat to be standalone was Silent Storm.

I'm digging the current aesthetics, the lighting is way better than the first alphas. Kinda looks like 90s isometric games, but it's actual 3D

Attached: x2.jpg (1920x1080, 497K)

Someone needs to mod in Firaxis XCOM soundtracks to this asap when its released. The soundtrack is just practically nonexistent when in nu-XCOM its the thing that carries the majority of the experience.

I suddenly thought about Silent Storm last night. I need to have another run, it's so good.

>Let's make a XCOM inspired game
>But let's use NuCOM features
Fuck Xenonauts 2.

Attached: 1541977746999.jpg (640x720, 152K)

The skill tree system is shit
The constant looting and inventory juggling is shit

It is sad that PCs at the time couldn't handle actual vehicles and bigger maps.
That is why SS ramps up enemy level by adding all this alien shit.
They could give PTRS to snipers tho, instead of making them useless at end game.
I wanted the game to be more comfy infantry skirmishes to the end.

How is airgame?

>graphics
huh?

I actually would want to keep the skill tree but ditch the stat growth, since it made my soldiers gods at shooting and detection but made my engineer useless at opening locks unless I powergamed hard for hours.
My only problem with skill tree was making proper posture for shooting pointless.

nuCOM is superior though so not a bad idea to take some inspiration from there?

Attached: 1497292801168.png (1600x900, 1.37M)

Actually the geoscape it's implemented, but the UI need somre improvement and QoL additions. It's kinda barebones at this point.

Xenonauts OST is just for atmosphere. Should be easy to mod, though.
>youtube.com/watch?v=5qja2WfG_28
>6:18

Turn based. It's awful at this time, I can't see how they can improve it

Attached: x3.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

Ha ha, nice joke.
Imagine how much glue you would need to sniff to get this opinion.

nuCOM is only superior in that it is scrub-accessible.

It has a worse tactical game, an absolute garbage strategic game.

Because I want a motherfucking planetary invasion simulator, there are superior TBS compared to NuCOM, and rookies are living weapons, any one who says otherwise is a dirty alien invader.

Attached: 1544424428559.png (363x327, 262K)

8/10 I actually enjoyed the retro futuristic setting of the 1960s + alien technology. One of the better XCOM clones I have played. The last mission is underwhelming and the game becomes repetitive by end game, but I still enjoyed it greatly.

How many bases you can build in X2 ?

>repetitive by end game
Isn't that problem with every x-com clone?
nuXCOM fixed this by just being short.
Apocalypse fixed this by giving you access to "Easy use Ayy-Away", allowing you to finish your alien inspections lighting fast.

Fuck X2.

Attached: 1544426053352.jpg (520x600, 97K)

Yup, they really want to chase the FiraXCOM trend.

One main base, one deployment chopper (ever), interceptor bases, ant-farm base, and limited ability to respond to missions forcing the player to ignore some of them.

Your base is kinda like nuCOM, btw. You still need to build aircrafts around the world in order to fight OVNIs, though

Attached: IMG_20180708_000856.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

>repetitive by end game
Could easily be improved by adding unique late game weapons, and having more aliens, Xenonauts weapons and armors are boring, there is no supernatural abilities to research, and there is no Flying power armor.

Attached: 1542220952338.gif (268x185, 1.43M)

I would understand this as a way to reduce micromanagment, since the only use for additional bases in x-com original were chink sweatshops combined with extra interceptor bases.
It is still stupid to give you access to only one transport, even if you are apparently going rouge.

Strategic layer of oldCOM is not nearly as complex as you seem to think. Its onedimensional as fuck with lots to micromanage but very little meaningful decisions to make. Streamlining it to have less but more impactful decisions is the correct way to go.
And nuCOM tactical gameplay is substantially more faster paced, more involved and with more decision making thanks to perks.
The only thing I'll grant is that in nuCOM soldiers dont get killed and its crippling if they do which is quite annoying. That is the only thing that oldCOM is superior at. That, and simulating projectiles.
Also action points > time units.

Possibly, though they were simply *a* strategy. The thing with FiraXCOM is that they desperately want to dictate how the player plays.
So, they file away any alterantive playstyle options. Which reduces complexity and micromanagement, yes.

>XENONAUTS 2 : Strategic Planetary Defence Simulator
>Planetary Defence Simulator
Thankfully I didn't waste money on this shit.

Attached: 1534174955860.png (215x235, 37K)

>2 action points to move&shoot like nuXcom
Way too little.

>56 action points to micromanage your every tiptoe
Autism.

>6-10 action points like Fallout or DivOS
Just right.

Absolutely chad opinion.

Attached: 1533364170343.jpg (1200x866, 346K)

It's okay if you don't get it.
Just don't join us at grown up table.

What nu-XCOM features are you referring to? It has timed units which is what matters, along with a bunch of other stuff like multiple types of reaction shots, crouching, an actual inventory, etc.

Yeah man oldCOM has soooooooooo many alternative strategies!
I mean maybe this time I wont have a main base and a handful of small sidecompounds that just manufacture laser cannons all day with a squad of soldiers for the occasional mission! Kinda like, maybe instead of shooting enemy I dont shoot enemy? Its a strategy as well!

There's exactly one optimal way to play oldCOMs and the micromanaging brings fucking nothing to the table.

Phoenix Point is the middle ground. It uses time units but they are hidden behind the nuCOM interface. Freedom of action and fast paced, I can't ask for more.

Attached: IMG_20180330_165011.jpg (1438x960, 124K)

Too bad about the whole epic games debacle

Just pirate it or wait an extra year for bugfixing and extra content.

Because nuCOM is a different type of game, oldCOM was a sim, every effect was on the long term, everything was a tool, soldiers, bases, equipment, no one was unique special snowflake capable of taking on the entire alien fleet with their magical super power from the precursors aliens, was a war campaign.
>No HoI3 with an alien invasion

>Sim game have autistic mechanics
The shock.

>choosing to be a bulletlet during alien invasion

Attached: 1529007255909.png (451x370, 212K)

>sniper with no cover
oi

>Vertical Base
>No base building
>Single deployment unit
>Turn based Geospace

Attached: 1533129999526.png (442x509, 172K)

Throwing hard objects at baddies is the first skill every tool-using species learns, and for a good reason.
In warfare, there's just no beating ballistics.

And nuCOM is a boardgame.

Looks like a rehash of the older one but with better graphics.

I guess I'd buy it.

they could handle it. silent storm has a very unique problem which is the way they decided to store and write the maps. the memory management is very very bad and ontop of that the save system is retarded.
every time you save the game it takes 1.5gb of hard drive space.

More bullets with less recoil > less bullets with more recoil

it has drop pods
thats all you have to say to know how bad this game is.

>In warfare, there's just no beating ballistics.
unless you have sci-fi technology and get to throw super heated plasma at long range.

I think he meant energy weapons, not melee
energy > bullets

you realize you could play the game without cheating or exploiting the ai to a broken extent right
>exactly one way to play
lol ok retard

Drop pods? Like ODST or 40k style drop pods? That sounds rad as fuck user.

I liked X1 isometric sprites over this unity tier 3D.

Attached: xenonauts-screenshots-batch-5-11.jpg (1366x768, 287K)

no I mean the enemy is stagnant until you discover their location and then they get a free move

Oh yeah, that was pretty bad, but didn't people mod it out?

Playing openxcom I don't know what is more irritating: drop pods or sudden oneshots out of darkness.

>no I mean the enemy is stagnant until you discover their location and then they get a free move
Are you fucking serious? Why take the single worst aspect of Firaxis' xcom and put that in your game?

This is a complete dealbreaker.

Fuck janies

Because the Devs are trend chasing.
Which is bad enough when a AAA studio does it, but it is hilariously bad when an indie studio with a single game that is already a subpar clone of another game as their only claim to fame does it.

>sudden oneshots out of darkness.
That's part of the appeal and what make original XCOM such a tense game.

That's why you move into cover when you can.

>sudden oneshots out of darkness
Flares motherfucker.

And don't forget to carpet bomb all buildings.

I should check my SS save folder, but that sounds awful. Now we are at it, is there some community patch or mod for SS?

No. There is Long War Rebalance, wich fucks around with the pod system but it turns the game into a nightmare

>never heard of xcom until xcom eu
>xcom was the shit
>find xenonauts and try that
>no idea what the fuck was going on
>uninstall.exe
>xcom 2 was a prettier but worse xcom eu
How is xenonauts 2?

Attached: 1553628593789.jpg (800x600, 72K)

They want money, people like have money, so they need to make the game easier and prettier to make money.

what the flying fuck is going on. what else have they butchered?

>humans vs aliens
Are there any games like this that's human vs human?

What would be really nice is the ability to call in a limited number of airstrikes if you have an interceptor circling the location when your troops land.

And like all trend chasing, there is a solid chance that they'll end up with far less money by alienating their existing customer base in favor of one that won't actually buy or hear about their trend-chasing game.

kinda sorta Jagged Alliance

Jagged Alliance 2.

Never could get into it myself personally, but others speak highly of it.

Anyone played this?

Attached: 20190323191056_1.jpg (460x215, 41K)

There is a reason for devs making aliens instead of humans: enemy design. With aliens you can go wild and make things like chryssalids. With humans you just give them different weapons.
And answering your question: Silent Storm, I guess.

>alienating their existing customer base
Which consists of what, a dozen people?
Xenonauts 1 had quite a lot of publicity and even then got trash reception by the masses due to its clunky mechanics and presentation. Streamlining it to be closer to nuCOMs is a sensible maneuver in every sense. Not to even mention that out of the dozen or so people even fewer are truly going to get "alienated" by the streamlining they have done.

Attached: 1452442611861.jpg (882x905, 116K)

theres county play to the oneshots out of darkness. or atleast an ability to seriously have the bet in your favor.
enemy cluster getting free moves to god knows where isn't just annoying its near impossible to predict and mitigate.
the real crime in nuxcom though was just that enemies didn't fucking MOVE at all unless you played on the hardest difficulty. fucking static locations just waiting for you to walk into them was awful

Anyone else been watching Beaglerush's new xcom2 campaign? I kinda like all the mods he has setup like having certain skills based on what weapon you have equipped.

silent storm as mentioned earlier is a really really good rendition of these games.
its nonsense dimension ww2 simulator.

Yeah its pretty kino so far. Has he said if he will release the modpack when he's finished? It fixes the supersoldier aspect and one turn alphastriking of XCOM2 exactly in the ways I like.

Attached: a man robbed of his strats.jpg (1372x1536, 842K)

Anything but 2 is dogshit.

how was he betrayed?

Xcom enemy within had EXALT dudes with tactical radio sounds

i miss ironman impossible bros

Attached: 1550793849191.jpg (933x747, 233K)

Timers

yikes

Who doesnt? I even miss the Live and Impossible series which at least had some editing.

Attached: 1453755576872.jpg (376x285, 14K)

I think he should still rebalance the lost though. When you resort to cheese tactics by blocking ladders so that the 30+ lost litertally can't do anything something needs to be reworked.

Why did he stop making videos anyway?

Watching his ironman impossible videos was entertaining.

Too lazy and got later on got burnt out even from doing the unedited stuff.

Attached: 1497397926659.jpg (600x749, 112K)

Beaglerush and timers.
I got tricked by Solomon because I thought the Beaglerush strategy was still in the game when I bought it on release.

i fly today, will i have a good trip

Idk maybe he just wanted to take a break. His recent videos have been pretty entertaining but there's no editing to them, just basically reuploads of his stream. Though because of that he usually uploads everyday so there's always something new to watch.

I MISS /XCG/ BROS

Attached: 1453699611925.png (494x348, 360K)

How did it die?

By lack of XCOM content to keep new people coming in?