Imagine thinking this garbage looks good because it has "soul"

Imagine thinking this garbage looks good because it has "soul"

Attached: super-mario-64.jpg (1200x800, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_nhDtDBmZLQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

imagine liking this post because it has "soul"

Imagine being upset at one of the greatest and most important video games in history just because you're a child.

Imagine being so underage that you compare older games solely based on their graphics to 2019 Games, Mario 64 looks amazing for a Early age 3D game & still has flawless level design, fun gameplay & god tier music. Modern games wish they were as timeless as this masterpiece

I'm not denying it's an important video game for vidya history (even if it did rip off Argonaut's Croc), I'm saying it looks like shit

I'm a PS1 babby, but SM64 is one of the best vidya ever made.
Graphics don't matter at all.

Attached: tomba-810x608.jpg (810x608, 79K)

>Mario 64 looks amazing for a Early age 3D game
No it doesn't, it looks like a trashfire compared to most PS1 games

It looks better than any Non Cell Shaded game from 2000-2007 except Portal, Galaxy & Remake

I don't think people admire this game for the graphics anymore, just the other shit/importance

Imagine being pissy about not being born to witness the best time.

Ah so your a snoygger larping as a boomer, kill yourself. True Sony fans love 90s & Early 2000s Nintendo

It' s a 20+ year old N64 game. What did you expect?

IMAGINE being this delusional, the game looks like poorly thrown together programmer art, no vision, no unified style, basically a glorified gameplay demo

Attached: 1554062582387.jpg (960x1080, 441K)

I was though, I just wasn't a drooling zoomer baby like most who praise it to high heavens out of nostalgia, the game always looked like shit

Braid came out in 2008, also Mario 64 looks Infinitely better then shit like Skyrim, Fallout, Dark Souls & GTA 4 without mods

>Braid came out in 2008
Based brainlet, the point of the image is to show what programmer art looks like, and that Mario 64 shares the same values as the unfinished version, art and assets that look like no-effort placeholders, stock images, no defining style etc

Imagine caring about looks instead of having fun with the best game ever made.

>best game ever made.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's not even the best game in it's own franchise.

>caring about looks
isn't that literally the entire point of the soul vs soulless meme

Quake game out the same year and looks way better. It's also a way better game in general

Attached: niggur.jpg (219x241, 13K)

I don't see anything wrong with, nothing in the pic confuses me about what I can or can't do about the gameplay. Play so many modern games in this genre there's hundreds of invisible walls everywhere, with tonnes of post-processing effects fucking with your vision. In other words, it's not hard to look at like most games are nowadays.

Nigga this game is older than most posters
Of course it’s not gonna be 4K 144 fps

It looks like shit compared to its contemporaries

Attached: 1466328476176.png (720x504, 580K)

And I didn't say I care about that.

Can't accept the facts, huh?

Imagine actually thinking that PS1's godawful 3D looked better than the N64's.

That came out 2 years later and used that consoles limitations as it's strength, not at all it's contemporary. The industry moved fast back then, Tomb Raider 1 came out the same year as mario64 and was shit on in 1998 for it's visuals and tank controls. Also Spyro looks better because of the talent behind it like John Fiorito and Craig Stitt, and Al hastings creating the engine that have LODs on ps1 without making the thing crash.

Delete this post you're ruining my thread

I like it because I like low poly, Mario's model is small giving it a cute appeal and it's colorful/vibrant unlike a certain remake.

Attached: penguin crunch.gif (500x596, 16K)

Mario 64 - 1996
Croc - 1997

U wot mate?

>Croc: Legend of the Gobbos began development as an early concept for a 3D platform game in which the player controlled the character Yoshi from Nintendo's Super Mario series.[5] The game, titled Yoshi Racing, was a hybrid of several mechanics from the two video games Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart.[6] Coming off of the heels of a successful relationship with Nintendo as a result of their development of the Super FX expansion chip used in several Super Nintendo Entertainment System games such as Star Fox and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Argonaut Games created a prototype of the game, cited by company founder Jez San as "essentially the world's first 3D platform game," and pitched it to Nintendo. The company was initially enthusiastic about the game, according to San, with Super Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto expressing particular fascination with the project.[6] Despite this enthusiastic response, Nintendo ultimately rejected Argonaut for unspecified reasons, ending the relationship between the two companies that had begun with the development of Star Fox, and prompting Argonaut to find another publisher to finance and publish the game.[5] According to Jez San, the prototype of Yoshi Racing that Argonaut had initially pitched to Nintendo was a large influence towards the creation and development of Super Mario 64.[5]

I stand corrected

>hybrid of several mechanics from the two video games Super Mario World and Super Mario Kart
What does Mario 64 have that could be seen as a Mario Kart hybrid?

This game sounds cool! I'll check it out, thanks

We'll never know

Great bait. This game has such a good color pallet, style, music, level design.. If you were alive then- It made every other game look like dogshit

Silence Zoomer

Attached: IMG_20180903_202830.jpg (480x360, 16K)

yeah I never thought 'd see the day when people would unironically make such claims

Is this the guy that only first saw SM64 at E3 1996 and thought it was a direct ripoff of Croc? If so, he's a retard since Nintendo publicly showed SM64 even earlier in 1995 at their Shoshinkai show, and SM64 was stated to have started development in 1994. That makes it so unlikely that SM64 ripped off Croc.

I won't deny Nintendo having a sketchy history with Argonaut because there really were some greasy handlings (especially relating to Star Fox), but this in specific case this is just a result of UKucks perpetuating their victim mentality against Nintendo.

It does, though. PS1's 3d games literally do look superior 90% of the time. N64 games looked like shit and the vaseline filter didn't help either

I've never seen anyone praising SM64 for the graphics.🎠

Attached: pees1.png (1129x638, 948K)

They both look good.

I guess PS4 graphics are shit too because Life of Black Tiger exists

Keep dreaming.

>game from 1998 looks better than game from 1996

wow what a shocker

It doesn't help that UK boomers have spread so much exaggeration and misinformation, especially Guru Larry with that fuckawful video about Miyamoto. I've got a laundry list of grievances about Shiggy myself, but fatfuck's video was mostly comprised of ridiculous UK-centric victim mentality delusions instead of covering actual concrete times Miyamoto was a shithead.

bob-omb battlefield...home...

it looks good on a tv

emulators sucks desu and only brainlets use them

lmao no pshit game look better than any N64 launch title

Croc was originally conceived as a 3D Yoshi game, and when Nintendo turned down the idea, Argonaut just took what work they had done and re-tooled it into their own new character.

....but yeah it didn't rip off SM64, it came out over a year later, lol

But the real interesting thing to point out is that if you listen to Bob-Omb Battlefield, it sounds like it's saying "dick" over and over really fast.

That much is undeniable. But people trying to stretch it further to say that SM64 directly ripped Croc off is insane. The only links you can make are that they're 3D mascot platformers and that there was a Mario link with Yoshi being the original idea for Croc.

I am too young to have played this and even I have to call you out on your shit. Graphics in 1996 couldn't be as good as in 2019 because the technology was less good. That was the best that graphics could get at the time.

I remember that video. It was literally filled with rumors that was debunked years ago, like the rumor that he hated DK country. Instead of you know how anal he is with how devs portrayed his characters and especially in the rpg games.

>shits on a 20+ year old game
>one of the most important games in history
>revolutionized countless aspects of 3D world composition
>is frequently mentioned by today's game creators as major influence
0/10

I remember that Dylan fucking Cuthbert came out on Twitter to call out Larry's account of Nintendo's dealings with Star Fox as exaggerated. And Cuthbert really wasn't the biggest fan of how Nintendo did treat Argonaut, so you know Larry's info was pure shit if Cuthbert was still smacking it down.

Have you ever played a PS1 game??

>Mario 64 looks Infinitely better then shit like Skyrim, Fallout, Dark Souls & GTA 4 without mods
Fucked your entire post up right here. Don't get so carried away next time.

The one legitimate thing Larry brought up briefly but pushed aside was the Star Fox Adventures debacle (where Miyamoto wanted Rare's original IP game Dinosaur Planet to be retooled to include Star Fox). That was a real example of Miyamoto being a dick to a UK developer, not just WAH ENGLAND IS LITERALLY OPPRESSED BY NINTENDO whining.

Attached: 24675864.jpg (1024x777, 100K)

you mean on a crt tv? right? otherwise your post makes no sense.
and technically you can use emulators on crt

>how anal he is with how devs portrayed his characters and especially in the rpg games.
is this true?

Does Yea Forums even like video games?

it also looks better in the original resolution than shitty 1200x800 don't you think?
of course not, you are a retard

For Sticker Star he insisted on characters and enemies being only from core Mario games (so basically SMW and NSMB only). This also made Toads the overwhelmingly dominant race of NPCs, with no regular collectives of normally enemy races being NPCs.

For DKC Returns, he was the one that shot down the idea of K. Rool and the Kremlings returning (IIRC it was actually kind of a fight to even get Diddy in). This might come off normally as a desire for a breath of fresh air, but Miyamoto clearly harbors a resentment for aspects of his IPs that he didn't create or oversee. 2004's Jungle Beat was also meant to be a sort of reboot of DK out of the Rare-made universe, and you can see this with how absolutely nothing came back from the Rare games besides DK's general design and the collectable Bananas.

who would want to play last gen and non sony exclusives

>See filename
>Get excited
>Click image
>Realize what it's referring to
Disappointment🙁

BUP

Attached: 5AC231AD-124C-4D46-87B6-A1C72C74011A.png (1048x907, 413K)

oh yes the hud sprites are very important

Are you implying that Cloud running across a heavily pixelated JPG looks better than an entirely immersive 3d world?

He was reported to have gotten furious over Koizumi putting in the Rosalina storybook in Super Mario Galaxy 1. That's why he got shitty and stripped out almost all semblance of a story in Galaxy 2.

2007 seems to be a year that made Miyamoto snap and want to clamp down whenever possible on his IPs. Galaxy 1 and Super Paper Mario released that same year, and are clearly games that frustrated him with the creative licenses they took.

>it's okay if Nintendo does it

Looks fine to me. What's wrong with it?

Nintendo kids are LITERALLY delusional

>entire playing area seen in the screenshot has 20 triangles
>meanwhile contemporary PS1 games like Spyro had complex believable geometry

>shitty fog in the distance on already small levels
>Spyro pioneers LOD and has huge beautiful levels as a result

>disgusting filtered textures and HUD
>Spyro essentially has pixel art for textures

>trees, fences, HUD etc are sprites
>Spyro has fully 3D environments along with a 3D HUD

>literally one texture tile for grass, cliff, rock, with painfully obvious repetition
>Spyro has variation in texture tiles and more textures in general

>arbitrary level design that follows zero internal rules and has no theme
>Spyro levels make sense as in-universe locations in addition to being gameplay areas

>inconsistent art design where every asset looks like it was made by different people for different purposes
>Spyro has an unified and consistent fantasy theme reflected in every facet of the game

>garish ugly colors combined with the ugly level design make the level a pain to look at
>every frame of every Spyro level looks like a painting with a dreamy pastel palette

Bup

Attached: toads real.png (715x685, 494K)

youtube.com/watch?v=_nhDtDBmZLQ look at this trash FOH