Are PCs being held back?

Are PCs being held back?

Attached: 1537419864944.webm (1168x576, 2.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_HL4ZpNHg0E
youtube.com/watch?v=SZXQoPBhERs
youtu.be/SZXQoPBhERs?t=295
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sneed

What 360 game is that?

Cyberpunk.

Considering that the average PC graphics card is a 1050ti/1060, no.

Prey 2 alpha footage

Yes because making games that can only run with people who have a 2080ti or greater wouldn't be profitable at all.

It's Star Citizen.

youtube.com/watch?v=_HL4ZpNHg0E

Runs on an RX 580 + Ryzen 2600, 30 FPS in cities and 60 FPS in the open world but hey, a lot better than only running on a 2080ti.
But no, consoles are holding back games because of the CPU limitations, not GPU limitations.

Attached: 1537414915717.webm (960x540, 2.55M)

Absolutely, MGSV had its production time quadrupled because it had to work on multiple consoles. Many games get significant downgrades so it can run on consoles, PC gets jank.

Games having a focus of 6-8 hours of content, preplanned DLC becoming the norm, and games being designed with controllers in mind are all being fueled by consoles which are just remodeled prebuilts with artificially exclusive content made entirely to maximize profit and minimize cost even at the cost of quality and satisfaction.

so what's the catch? I'm watching some vids and it already looks better than 2077 once you get down there
is it all devoid of interactivity?

No. MGSV got held back because autistic Kojima spent all that time hiring celebs and waifus and making a shit movie.

the only thing being held back is humanity

The catch is that the game generally runs poorly and isn't as much of a complete "game" as 2077.

Attached: 0.webm (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Dammit, I thought that was new footage of the FFVII remake for a minute.

NPCs are just props apart from quest givers, I guess. No different than most games though, exceptionally retarded NPCs as they haven't finished their animation systems due to make it far more complex than it needs to b.
You can buy things from shops and do missions and you have a hab that you respawn in with a few objects you can pick up. The cities themselves are static if that's what you mean, you won't be blowing up buildings or anything.
The catch is that it'll take another 5 years to develop but there'll be a singleplayer spin off in the next 2 years released with none of the MMO bs.

There's only one celeb in the entire game

Attached: 9931.webm (1280x720, 2.53M)

fuck scam citizen

It also has one of the better character creation I've seen in a video game, within the realm of realism anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=SZXQoPBhERs
And this is only V2 of the character creation tech, with much more heads to sample from coming and skin types.

yes,see battlefield 3 for example which is way better on pc than on console

Squadron 42 huh, sounds kino thanks user

Attached: 03a.webm (720x404, 2.87M)

Attached: 1544055466326.jpg (2160x3456, 1.51M)

>It also has one of the better character creation I've seen in a video game
every recent korean mmo has that

I hope this thing goes free2play soon

1. Korean MMOs have sliders that stretch the model itself, this blends up to 3 scanned faces to get your desired result.
2. Korean MMOs do not allow you to actually change your character's crown.
3. Korean MMOs do not actually let you change your character's skin, just tweak its colour. CC is buggy so it takes a while to load in a new skin but see below.
youtu.be/SZXQoPBhERs?t=295

riddle me this

why not just give PC their internal versions before they handicap it for consoles?
I mean even console kids know PC is better at this point, it's not like we need to lie and coddle children
Is it really cause Sony and Microsoft cry when it happens?

Was actually a concept being kicked around as a post-launch option, the idea being you can do everything* except hold a pilot's license and have limited interstellar interactions, to fit with the game's lore of two different statuses: Civillian and Citizen. One is tied to their homeworld and neighbours, another is qualified to do whatever they want anywhere in the empire including run a business spanning multiple star systems.
They have the money but we'll have to see how close to burning all their funds by the time they "release" to see. They clearly don't mind throwing out a ton of free play weeks though so it might be redundant.

Sneed's breed and plead

Because they don't create "internal versions" that look what you see during E3 usually, those are extremely limited vertical slices that are duct taped together and the real game is made with console limitations in mind.
Besides that, CPU limitations are the actual issues. You just can't create a game with the scope of Star Citizen with current gen consoles, the CPUs would melt.

don't be fucking retarded it's a same shit with a gimmicky stuff

Attached: 1448114779900.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

Your dumb post made me laugh, hope it's bait.

>1.
so just a different mean to get what you want. people don't give a shit about what technology drives it. it can blend mayo and ketchup and smear it on their facess for alll i care, as long as i get to make the face i want.
>2.
how is that an achievement?
>3.
so basically you can retexture your face. amazing.

>Million dollar from backer
> Thousand ship sell from $20 to Thousand dollar
> $27000 pack that require you to have spent over $1,000 on game content before you can even see the product page
>Never ever get release date