Watching gaming shit on youtube

>watching gaming shit on youtube
>randomly out of nowhere, a longplay for space channel 5 pops up in the next video bar
>its an hour long but looks interesting, why not
>watch the whole thing and tear up in joy because of the S-O-U-L

What a great fucking game. I wish there was more games like this made today. Is space channel 5 part 2 just as good and worth buying? Why is part 2 available for 360/ps3 but part 1 isn't?

Attached: spacechannel5cover[1].jpg (1600x1434, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OGhvKLUPVA0
youtu.be/F-zCdvUAJ30
youtube.com/watch?v=XvQ3QJs7mlw
youtube.com/watch?v=F3GZDq8RSdw
youtube.com/watch?v=boD8kGJjLnU
thegamer.com/space-channel-5-ulala-original-voice-actor-search-help/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shameless bump. If just one other person could experience the S-O-U-L, then i can die happily tonight

LEFT CHU RIGHT CHU

Yeah Part 2 is great too.

isn't sc5 like, pretty universally loved around here? pretty sure it is m8, it's good shit

1 is stuck on Dreamcast thanks to the old fuck and chuck they did with source code back in the day.

Don't shoot the president! Playing in reverse!

Up up right right down down down down left left CHU!

THANK YOU, ULALA

I can die now with one less regret...bless you guys and your knowledge of this niche stuff. Is the 360 port of part 2 fine? I havent had my ps3 hooked up in ages and im just staring at the store page right now, for a very tempting $5

Attached: 1550221198654.jpg (354x286, 15K)

>tfw I had to cheese this by playing with the controller upside down

>Report 5
youtu.be/OGhvKLUPVA0

Attached: 1539669184855.gif (190x294, 102K)

share the video

Why didn't you just play it?

Closest I could find going off the OP.
youtu.be/F-zCdvUAJ30

youtube.com/watch?v=XvQ3QJs7mlw

I teared up at 7:45, 45:50, 28: and a few others that i cant remember. Absolutely unrivaled soul and FUN that you just dont really feel these days

But i am. I bought part 2 on xbox live and am having a blast (although its definitely harder than it seems fug)

there's a ps2 version you big gay

You can find it brand new on ebay for like $15. It also got a PS2 port which should be around the same price and includes both games.

Why did rhythm games die out?

I love Space Channel 5! The Coco Tapioca theme actually slaps

they just turned into rock band. Now that pretty much every action game has QTEs or even QTE based combat like bamham every game is a rhythm game.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=F3GZDq8RSdw

I saw that, i dont have an old tv though. I tried to play persona 4 on my ps2 on an hdtv a few years ago and it was very blurry and ugly, same with other games i tried. Sadly its not an option for me. Sadly i wish both games were bundled together and put up digitally on xbl/psn/switch so everyone can enjoy it

Rhythm games moved back to arcades.

You could probably find an old CRT for cheap at a thrift store or something.

Now play it you fag AND skies of arcadia.

I bought two very nice CRT's for 10 bucks each. You can get a Phillips Magnavox for cheap, and they are actually great for gaming.

For those posting about CRTs, I play SPC1 and 2 on my LCD tv just fine but the response time is sub 1 frame.

It's too bad this game doesn't have a calibrator like Project Diva games do.

I cant friends im sorry. I have little space and no interest in clogging it up with an old fat tv, but speaking of tvs...

>whats wrong with using tv to brainwash the masses? isnt that what tvs for?

KINO

Love these games so fucking much. And Ulala is my goddamn wife. Even bought pic related
Port is absolutely fine. (Also a very tough game to get all trophies/achievements for) If anything it looks slightly better. Get it.
It's a shame that only Part 2 is available for download. It is better than Part 1 in just about every way, but still.

Attached: Good-Smile-Company-Figma-Ulala-Exciting-Orange-ver-Figure-1.jpg (900x900, 456K)

I love this game, but I got stuck at the end of Stage 4 where it's game over if you can't pull a certain move off in one try. I always had troubles with segments like that.

Also, a reminder that Space Channel 5 VR is going to be a thing. It looks tech demo-tier, but it's nice that SC5 getting some kind of recognition after all these years in something that isn't Sega All-Stars.

Attached: project_x_zone___ulala_animation_by_guyarmando-davv6xh.gif (357x456, 50K)

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=boD8kGJjLnU

>that voice

aaaaa......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT HAVE THEY DONE NOOOOOOOOOOO

they couldn't find the original VA, they even asked for help in finding her

it's better with the in game noises, still good though

That...is so sad :( Shes alive but cant be contacted?

Attached: 1417992819791.png (292x292, 140K)

tried emulating it recently and I can't get even past the first scene, seems I have zero sense of rhythme

Part 2 is even better.

thegamer.com/space-channel-5-ulala-original-voice-actor-search-help/

:(

SC5 was never forgotten. Ulala has been whored out for cameos non-stop. Hell, SC5 VR only got a budget because it literally was developed as a tech demo. The development of the full game was an afterthought and presumably only happened because Grounding was able pitch it to Sega as already being half-complete, so why not throw a few more dollars at it?
It releasing for such a niche platform is bad news. It's not going to sell well, and the series will go back into hibernation.

Attached: 2019-04-02_8-12-29.jpg (1058x340, 188K)