Outward

Outward

Anyone on this shit? Sunk an hour or two into it and ill probably come back to it. Combats like dark souls, nice hitboxes. The survival aspect isnt intrusive and its not really hand holdy.

Attached: images(4).jpg (743x413, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DPl-YMq2WTM
metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/outward/user-reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I will but my current computer is literally too shit to play it.

>Combats like dark souls
I dont believe you

Attached: 1554125401186.png (550x563, 151K)

been playing it with a friend enjoying it so far, thinking about trying guns out to see if they are any good. Any anons mess around with them yet?

post characters

Attached: 20190401210426_1.jpg (1920x1080, 686K)

How is the local multiplayer with splitscreen?
I was thinking of playing this with a friend with no intention to play solo

>Combats like dark souls
What about it is like dark souls?
Is it as good as dark souls?

So is it an actual RPG, or is it just hack and slash with some gear perks? Because If I can go on an adventure and level up, count me in.

this has always looked like an extreme ideas guy tier game to me, like a lot of it would be underbaked, underwhelming or just have poor ideas with tedium.

it's you typically lock-on + dodge roll style gameplay
no level ups, learn new active and passive skills from trainers throughout the world

Not yet but i was interested. But i'd like to know how's magic? can i be a pure archmage caster wrecking shit with massive spells and whatnot?

where can I play it?

>survival
So here's the real question, Do I have to eat and drink to stay alive? If so fucking dropped because I hate that sort of survival bullshit. It's tedious and not fun.

Iv'e wanted to talk about it for a few days but april fools has taken over. I'm loving it so far except i keep getting my ass kicked everywhere, the dodge seems useless and there's like no iframes, it kind of feels like i mixture of let it die, dark souls and divinity OS. I don't know how to play without a shield.
been playing with my brother nonstop on ps4 splitscreen and it's amazing. But he's one of those "it's just a game bro" guys so it's frustrating to play an RPG with him.

you eat to heal, if you don't it's a stat debuff i think, haven't die to starving yet so idk

Mildly interested. How does it look and run on a PS4?

yes but resources are plentiful and you only need to eat/drink once or twice a day so it isn't that annoying

It's an RPG if you reconsider the fact that exp had been relegated to currency. Just think of money as the the way to level up which pretty much is exactly the case and it's a DnD style RPG.

How the fuck do I start the Cierzo raid quest?

Need help figuring out what trainers to go for. Making a mage.

I took the shaman and have two breakthrough points left - and am indecisive about whether to go for spellblade, sage, or philosopher. Sage unlocks rune magic which sounds vital to ant mage gameplay. Philosopher unlocks mana regen and the sigil of ice for ice based magicks. But philosopher also trains the use of chakram. While the rune magic requires a lexicon to be powerful and useful. You can't equip both because they are both offhands. Meaning I either gimp my rune magic for an internalized lexicon, waste my unlocked chakram skills, or swap one with the spellblade. Significantly reducing my repertoire of spells in the process.

It' runs like shite, you can't change the aspect ratio and it has more glitches than all of todds games combined but it's comfy.

AHEM
Fuck the heat, fuck the desert and FUCK Levant

Attached: Outward 2019-04-02 05-09-22-60.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

Game's have had lock on and dodge for years user.

>breakthrough
newfag here, what the fuck is this? I'm too poor to learn skills at the moment-

No Man's Sky sure has changed since release

I think it's more like let it die or conan exiles, it's janky but slightly better than both.

>eat a cactus fruit
>drop a cool boon
>wear master trader set
RUNNING FOR DAYS IN THIS HEAT LIKE IT AIN'T SHIT

Talk to the gate guy

Is this yet another shill thread for this trash? We had a thread two days ago where people complained that Outward is a clanky piece of shit.

When do i move onto berg or shreks swamp? I spent like 20-30 ingame days exploring the first area but i'm still not getting enough money to get the good stuff but i need better equipment.

Attached: manticore.webm (800x450, 1.8M)

Worth a pirate.

I'm aware, but that is the only reason why I think people could consider it "souls-like" combat

Is it just me or do you die all the damn time in this game?

It is a clanky piece of shit. But it's kinda fun so I don't regret pirating it

Yeah, but you barely ever have to drink or eat and you can find both water and food literally everywhere. Honestly, the survival mechanics in this game are extremely shallow.

Posting your most /fa/ set. Also does any other region has a season change like the first area?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 979K)

>game has mechanic
>it's poorly done but directly tied to the rest of the game
That's an even bigger drop for me. Survival shit isn't fun as it is, but poorly done shit is even worse.

Wow, it's like different people have different tastes and opinions!
When did this shilling meme take over the whole fucking board, it's awful

You can lean basic skills from all trainers, but for advanced skills you need to spend a "breakthrough" point. You have only three of these. Once you spend the breakthrough point on a trainer you get a powerful, and usually passive, effect and the ability to learn a trainer's advanced skills.

This, it's worth maybe $20 at the current state. The core of the game is great, but the important details are missing and it's very rough around the edges. It's a lot of fun even as it is

Attached: dino.webm (1024x576, 2.12M)

Can i get a quick rundown on the main gimmicks of this game.

Attached: 18.jpg (853x1200, 242K)

Why do you absolute fucking faggots never complain about shills in the actual shill threads like Sekiro and DMC? Oh right, because YOU are the shill and just don't wanna see actual vidya discussion. Fuck off you corporate cocksock.

>but i'm still not getting enough money to get the good stuff but i need better equipment.

Really? Make sure you collect and sell everything you can. Do stuff like buy linen from merchants, craft it into elemental rags, and sell it back as a profit.

Has anyone pirated this and got the multi to work? Me and a friend tried to and we can host lobbies and find each other, but as soon as we hit the loading screen we get a CTD with no error.
Only thing like it I've seen before is trying to play it without installing the crack, and then game just closes at the start.
Also hearing though a lot of people who own the game are having similar problems too, and there's no answers to anything. Just "they are investigating".

Also fuck the stutter, I'm generally ok but my friend has an identical build and he's suffering.

anyone got a quick rundown on the factions? No clue who Id even want to join

It's an adventure sim where you need to take care of food/water/disease/weather. All the survival mechanics actually make it more fun surprisingly instead of being a chore to do. Need to be a bit autistic to properly enjoy, power scaling depends on your skill and gear since there's no experience and even when you're rich and geared out you need to prepare for some fights

Attached: wendigo.webm (1024x576, 2.97M)

is this like risen/gothic/elex?

Been playing for 11 hours, or 21 in game days

Game is great, playing solo makes it ten times more difficult though, anyways here my character, I still havent left the first area on this one, also sitting on about 800s

Is exploration good? World looks rather bland and empty. Is the lore decent at least?

forgot the picture lmao

Attached: outward.jpg (1786x1004, 658K)

That's a disappointment I assumed people meant it had all the features and things the made darksouls combat so good.

>one friend got game
>always busy so rarely co-op
Wish it was possible to join random peoples games with permission.

I'm still real early game, but magic looks like it will be fun/annoying depending on preferences. I only have two spells, a useless one, and one that lays a glyph down to make the useless spell not so useless. The set-up spell requires an item, so there are limited uses per outing, unless you find or make more. Also, you have to trade max hp and stamina for mana, and your mana is basically perma halved unless you use consumables after every sleep.
On the plus side, it's fucking satisfying melting people. Heavy armor bandits that take my melee bro 40+ hits to kill die in glyph 3-4 fireballs.

>every time i continue my game on coop or just by myself i end up missing items
Is this a mechanic or is the game just this game breakingly buggy?

Very little lore, world is mostly bland. Still fun for some fucking reason

anyone for this?

Weird
well its only 4 gigs so whatever
Is fashion a thing or am i bound to always take the best armor with the most def

Im not that far in yet, but feels like you want armor for certain stats. Possibly different armor for different climates

cant remember the names but these are my best understanding on what they stand for

>holy mission - all about self sacrifice and helping others
>desert folk - everyman for himself, survival above all else
>blue chamber- BLOODLINES FAMILY DEBT

You can just cheese everything with traps or magic or just get good at dodging. That way you can wear what you want.

Exploration is fun because you don't know what to expect from random dungeons you go into. Dungeons are pretty good and varied but overworld is pretty bland.

Sometimes it happens you already cleared a dungeon that a future main quest takes place in, then you have to run all the way there, talk to an npcs to finish it and then run all the way back. This is my main problem with the game, locking these dungeons would be shitty but a few times I already cleared the areas so I spent a big chunk of time just running from A to B then to A again.

Attached: melee-disc.webm (1024x576, 2.94M)

Imagine if someone wanted to make old school RPGs like Gothic but then decided after making all the base components for skills scrapped it and said there would be no personal progression markers and just left the base mechanics in.
Then gave it Dark Souls combat, made it worse for difficulty.

sounds meh

The backpack you find in that bandit camp is the biggest one right? What's the next best one below it? The big one is so fucking ugly.

No people are comparing it to souls combat because it has rolling/blocking with stamina management. Also most mobs will absolutely fucking destroy you when you fuck up.
It doesn't feel anything like souls combat, but people will claim it's similar because it has the same base concepts.

It shares a few similarities, but no, it's not really like PB games.

It better be risen 1 levels of fun frens

i see. so nothing like dragon's dogma for example
do you have obscure questlines or plots that decay overtime? I've heard the game saves itself very often to prevent savescumming. Is there a lot of shit around that you can permanently lose? Can you taker your time and fuck around?

Game's pretty shit. It's literally the definition of jank, the combat is extremely abusable and not fun, and exploration is pointless because the extremely strict weight/slot limits means you can't actually carry any real loot.

And even if you could carry loot, there's no reason to since there is no interesting unique items anywhere.

And there's no storyline.

So far I can only tell you about Holy Mission.
The god gives you a skill to temp enchant your weapon with lightning. This was very useful because I considered going spellblade but with this spell I don't have to waste a breakthrough points.

So far I also got Purified: Decay resistance +20 and for the second you can choose between two. I got Divine Assistance: Stamina and Mana cost of actions reduced by 10%

From what I've seen there are 3 main factions and perhaps a 4th.

1. Heroic City, a meritocracy of sorts that is striving for the progress of humanity
2. Blue chamber, tribal and pushes for the good of the many over the good of the individual. They are the body overseeing the town you stat in.
3. Holy Mission, group that worships a mage cum god named Elatt.The god watches over humanity and protects them from something called the scourge.

Differentfag here, related to this, I heard coop doesn't save the joiner's progress, only the host.
Is this true?

Attached: 1509261180080.gif (500x365, 165K)

I don't believe you

Attached: High qaulity .png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

Yes.

Yeah there are actually a few quest that you can fail and there's no way to roll back. Very first quest asks you for 150silver in 5 days or you lose your house. If you lose the house you can buy it back for 300 silver though, this quest isn't that hard to do but because dying passes time you can get an unlucky stream and fuck it up.

There's a timed quest that is kind of obscure. As you pass the city you're told someone is planning to attack your home city. If you don't act in time and finish this quest then the city is burned to the ground.

Also when I was in an INN some patrons were talking about a murder. You're supposed to go in the desert and find some guy, but I slept for 3 days to start another quest and failed this one. The impact is that the desert city prices skyrocket for around 40%. This isn't much of a problem if you're filthy rich but even then you can really feel the prices

there's some major shit going on apparently, especially on consoles, when you coop. Saw some streamers explaining if you join and something happen to your host, like if he crashes for example, you will permanently lose all your shit and your bags.

I still have a fucking GTX 660 and even I can play it on Medium/High settings. You'd need a real huge piece of shit to be unable to play this game.

Combat is not like dark souls you shit eating liar, also the game is barebones with zones that are too large with barely anything in them

>i see. so nothing like dragon's dogma for example
Unfortunately no. It might be fun at higher tiers, but with the few resources you have in early game it's painful to lose 1/5 of your max HP and then needing to spend a 20 silver rock for your shit to do anything.
I think it's a good balance option though, if I could spit that fire at will, nothing would be able to stop me

>i played for 1 hour and died to a hyena
You can buy a better bag or wear merchant clothes to increase carry size, there's plenty of unique items you find in dungeons and there's a main storyline that's different for each faction.

>As you pass the city you're told someone is planning to attack your home city. If you don't act in time and finish this quest then the city is burned to the ground.
What's the reward for defending the village? It's gotta be something real good, cause Cierzo is a shithole and I actively want to fuck it over.

>If you don't act in time and finish this quest then the city is burned to the ground
>The impact is that the desert city prices skyrocket for around 40%
Sounds pretty cool. Maybe one of those games where the real fun consists in yoloing the first run, completely blind

I honestly forgot user, I think you get some weapon and maybe a few jewel items you can sell. Also the stag helmet guy gives you a key to storage of mayor's office, but there's shit loot inside(or it's just random). It's nice to have a hub and storage to go back to if you're in the are but Cierzo is kind of irrelevant compared to the other cities and too out of the way

Just finished that quest actually. It's a decent helmet, unless you are a mage, and a couple of potions.
Fuck 'em.

>completely blind
Yeah I actually suggest not looking up anything, makes the game so much better. Thankfully the wikis are pretty barebones so far so you can't even look up armour stats and need to dish out money to get it crafted if you wanna see if it's any good

Literally none of that is true though

>Get bird mask
>never remove bird mask
what did the game mean by this

Well guess they'll die. What happens to my storage tho? Do the things in it get destroyed?

basically this

did they fix youtube? as of yesterday every video about this games posted on yt got immediately taken down due to copyright infringment. Some weird shit with the soundtrack its triggering the website.

Not having guides online makes it even funnier

Us the setting interesting or unique?

No idea, I saved the idiots expecting something good. I don't know why you'd care though, with no merchants it's almost completely worthless to base out of there anyway. Just move your shit to the big boy towns.

Well yeah I was planning to, but it'd take a while. Don't want the event to happen and lose my shit. Guess I'll move my stuff soon. How much do the houses in the other towns cost tho? I'm pretty poor right now.

Interested in the storate thing as well. Is there a way to make more staches?

Low settings on a placeholder is not worth it. Besides I'm not sinking any more money into this first gen i7.

think you need to dedicate to a faction first to be able to buy a house

6/10

Damn. I still don't know who I wanna join. Haven't even visited two of the factions yet.

That I don't know either, I just know you can thanks to these threads. I barely got to the forest town then had to turn around to rescue the first one. Renting an inn room provides no storage, and that is 25 silvers.
I'm gonna assume it's 300-500 for a permanent house, but I could be shooting low. If you plan on letting the town burn I wouldn't advance the plot until you have a couple of gold bars to back you up.

Yeah, drop a backpack in every town and store all your shit in there. Things in town don't respawn

>people aren't talking about overrated AAA trash
Shut the fuck up

Its not poorly done, its just not too demanding. I sometimes run out of water while dungeoning for long (usually sleep to heal when healing items run out, and so my thirst accumulates). But even then I can deal with the thirst debuff.

this man can handle being thirsty, give him a fucking medal, 10/10 realistic depiction of survival mechanics

Its rough on the edges, but comfy for me since I love exploring interesting places and getting punished for even the slightest fuck up.

Faggot whiner. Go play your dumbed down games.

You should have gotten the flamethrower magic, cheap as it only takes a torch, and OP until you have enough mats to always use better magic.

What do you even want? You want your character to immediately die of thirst and hunger if he doesn't drink 10 liters of water and 50 steaks every day?
You get debuffs if you fail to keep your shit in line, and they can get pretty fucking nasty if you let them, but it's easy to avoid that unless you get careless. Seems like a fine system to me.

it is

>Its not poorly done, its just not too demanding.
It not being demanding is it being done poorly user. It doesn't have any real impact and is more tedious than an actual mechanic they should have really made it more difficult to find fresh water and food.

>You are hot

Attached: Untitled.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

Anyone know the recipe for the food that increases your stam regen and gives you +15% speed?

>It doesn't have any real impact and is more tedious
Playing games is tedious. Find another hobby.

>Too hot during the day, too cold during the night.
Whats a man to do? I usually sleep until a hour day passes to night, so i get toasty, and then in the night it takes longer to freeze, and I can always make a fire if needed.

Best part about coming to outward threads is enjoying the arguments, I enjoy seeing them more than I enjoy playing the game.

Attached: 1553550922700.png (718x526, 78K)

>cheery tune starts playing
This game is really fucking weird, it's cartoonish and cheerful and then it goes dark with shit like this, human experiments, pus monsters, those nasty insects that wear human flesh and mutilated bodies in the wendigo cave

>Playing games is tedious
Maybe if you play shit games with half baked systems it is, thankfully good games exist though.

Why does it attract so many casuals who then start turning up their nose at it?

ok ive seen fuck all about this game but dismemberment and monsters im in
is there actually CONTENT though or will if me and a friend get it will we be able to monsterhunter it

It's annoying how they have modeled faces and beards in the game that aren't available for the player character.

It's probably because of the visuals of the game remind them of fable and because "survival" means bang a rock against the tree and shit out fire out of nowhere for most people.
After hyenas the ghosts are the best casual filters in this game

Game seems neat but reading people opinions of it it sounds like it needs some additional content and patches, so I might pick it up in a sale later. Sounds like the kind of RPG Ive alwaus wanted to play but it falls short of the mark.

As far as jank indie open world games go, how does this compare to Kenshi?

Texture mods when?

>Why does it attract so many casuals who then start turning up their nose at it?
Survival games + Rpg games have been popular for years, RPG games have always been popular but skyrim solidified their status to the point bethesda is still releasing skyrim and skyrims on the switch like almosts a decade after it came out. Survival games had a big massive boon through games like day z and rust and ect.
Outward was basically marketed as a mainstream game it's not surprise it's got mainstream players, came out on ps4, xbone and pc, Yeah basically what this guy said, just look at the cover it really makes you think fable unironically.

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSu-xihkxhnhFV-GgKJgSqdY7J0gsXi8SRQ4maaFWEleIXyeWI5Qg.jpg (197x256, 14K)

guns are shit use bows or magic

kenshi is better

>hey anons look at these buzzwords people generally use to complain abou6 rpgs haha isnt my-i mean this game cool

I wish outward would be banned from this board already. Constant fucking shilling

yeah i definitely wouldn't suggest buying the game for the full $40

As I said, it only becomes a problem in dungeons, especially if its one that you cant backtrack in. For me it makes it more fun, as you cant just heal yourself by sleeping if you run out of items in a dungeon.

Igg bois?

Gatorade > H2o

Attached: images.jpg (512x287, 20K)

It's a completely different kind of game, I love Kenshi and I like his game though

>42 posters this thread 130+ in the past two threads
Will you fuck off already sperg

What is that scary cave with a magic sphere and two electrified pillars on the Chersonese near the shipwreck? I'm scared to approach in fear of being electrocuted to death
Also yesterday got surprise wrecked by some faggot clad in some blue armors with a huge fucking maul and armored hyena literally in the middle of the night, what the fuck
Also also anyone still delusioned about food not rotting in the stash, it does rots in the stash too, albeit slower

you should buy outward user, then write down reasons why you hate it and why it's a bad video game.

Rubbed my face all over one of the pillars, and it did nothing. should be fine, but I'd expect it to have those lightning shooting shellfish things in the cave portion.

there must be one dude being triggered by Outworld for some reason. I mean there are, what? 2 threads per day? tops. I guess spamming the board with 8327456672 threads per second about smash, classic and souls is somewhat noble instead

Too bad Skyrim hasn't got one survival element in it. And Bethesda isn't going to add them anytime soon despite Hammerfell having a large desert in the next game.

This is what I think on it, after having played a shitton of video games in general:
>Very good sense of exploration and adventure
>Very good survival stuff, not too demanding but still gotta keep an eye on it
>Meh combat, only two buttons for attacks and one for dodgeroll then a shitton of skills. Enemies are on the spectrum most of the time.
>Battles themselves are usually unfair and don't reward over much, you're better off running or cheesing in early game which makes it especially boring to play.
>Game start forces you to do a hard task or collect 150 silver coins to then give them away. Really slows down your ability to get good gear in initial playthroughs and extends the hobo phase.
>Crafting is relatively simple, the biggest chore is collecting the materials, though you can find most of them in one scavenging run if you know where to look.
>Good weapon variety
>Good inventory management
>Good graphics
>Very good sound design and music
>Decent lore

>I'm scared to approach in fear of being electrocuted to death
the sphere wont electrocute you
the monsters inside might though

Aight. Start in the base folder where the exe is. Open steam_api.ini with a text editor. Find "UserName = Player". Erase player and think of a sick name like Bustuh. Then save quit and open the exe. Process of elimination and its not that hard.

Attached: Jobclown.png (64x64, 712)

I'm pretty sure Deep Silver decided on that cover. They always insert their casual touches to games whether it's Piranha Bytes or whoever.

Picked the fuck up, holy shit. Why did no one tell me this game was actually good?❤️

Do enemies respawn? I've been exploring chernonese for like a week now and all I see are corpses

*unzips dick*

Attached: Outward 2019-04-02 21-03-59-68.png (1920x1080, 2.58M)

It is though. Fuck you cunt.

that's what modded skyrim is for

Anyone else having trouble downloading the new patch on PS4?

Not in winter. Wait for spring.

Yeah, everything respawns but with a different timers. Seems nodes and items respawn much more often then enemies
I've already cleared trog caves like three times over

it was a very good marketing move, just imagine if the cover had been something like this instead. you'd definitely have less casuals but also less sales.

Attached: F7E53803C366E821E08646185CCE24D342AF52A1.jpg (1000x1000, 221K)

anyone else really enjoy the progression system? Really triggers zoomers that you can't level up and it's more currency based than anything despite you needing the right gear and traps and potions for dungeons. This entire game is zoomer repellent,

Its a survival game with co-op and soulslike difficulty/combat.
Its like a zoomer buzzword greatest hits collection

Op here. I dont browse v very often, i made the thread on a whim to read some legit opinions. We know where you live.

Attached: images(3).jpg (259x194, 8K)

So, does no-one play at 4k or ultrawide? It's not even demanding.

I literally just finished that dungeon. Got 500 silver worth of loot from that place, got a spellblade skill that inscreases all my stats, i know you can only pick a few but i'm going for spellblade because sword and board seems really good for single player. Does anyone know where you can get a spell to give yourself a fire boon? That's all i need to finish the tree.

>soulslike
whenever i see the word soulslike and the game hasn't been made by from software i usually take it as, they tried to do dark souls combat but it's not going to be as good.

I play on ps4 for comfy couch coop and the game visually and fps wise is shit. SHIIIIIT. It's still great though.

>The survival aspect isnt intrusive and its not really hand holdy.
why bother adding a survival aspect if it isn't going to be intrusive? you should be thinking about how to survive all the time not just "oh i better go drink some water now lmao ez here's some"

>Game start forces you to do a hard task or collect 150 silver coins to then give them away.

You can avoid it entirely with the village favour scroll or something. You gotta run to the right once you get out of the main town to the beach and give a bandage to the dude behind the shell, he got fucked up by a pistol shrimp. He will give you the item and you take it to the bitch at the town hall.

Anyone knows how good the mage backpack is? Wondering how much mana I'm gonna need to dump by considering the mana % reduction I'll get with a mage warrior.

Might take the backpack and the rogue skill to do some shenanigany shenanigans.

If you're def gonna use a shield I recommend taking Mercenary path too because it has great passives and a shield skill or two. Also warrior monk is amazing if you're melee

does it have a world with characters like gothic?
or is it your usual survival shit again?

Because the game isn't about survival, it's about adventure. Survival mechanic is used when you get your shit kicked in and thrown in some random corner of the map without any water and food in the middle of the winter, because it makes your adventure fun. When it's winter you need to take off that plate armour and put on some fur if you wanna run around comfortably.

It's there to get you out of the comfort zone not to be some major inconvenience you need to take care of at a set amount of time

it can't be compared to gothic in terms of world and character, the world is bigger than gothic but feels smaller because of how sparse everything is.
>or is it your usual survival shit again?
kinda? it's not really a survival game it has survival mechanics but they're not really important or hard to manage with the exception of temperature.

does it have story and characters or not?

not compared to gothic

minimal

I see thanks.

lost interest, not exactly excited for an empty shell
thanks

Brehs where should I look to pirate this? I usually don't pirate but this game seems really interesting, though not for that price

Attached: 1542814112567.jpg (234x228, 44K)

ignore those retards it's got 3 factions that's at least 3 playthroughs, that's at least 80 hours gameplay

>game is interesting
>pirate

>game is not interesting
>buy

The direction of the industry in a nutshell.

I bought Conan Exiles at launch because it looked "interesting" and it was a fucking turd. Not my fault demos don't exist anymore

>Don't want to join the Blue Fucks because I'm doing a melee build and these guys' headquarters are surrounded by mage tutors and mage vendors so they're obviously the mage group.
>Don't want to join the Holy Mission because they talk about being granted magic powers by the gods and the one perk I've seen from their path is a mana use reduction. Again, not playing a mage.
>Guess I'll join the city faction
>Trudge out there, it's the farthest and hardest to reach faction from your starting town
>Get there, talk to the person in charge
>"Hmmm yeah I'll let you join, but only if you can prove that you're a mage."
What the fuck is this shit??? The game even teased that gaining mana means sacrificing max health permanently. Why treat it like it's a big decision with tradeoffs and then insist you do it for every possible story path anyway??

This game sounds like it's shit.

I know I'm going to love this game because I even liked Gothic 3 for its "adventure." I'm pretty sure this one is better.

Where did you get that armor? And how do you get a katana?

where do i find decay spells to use with possessed and if i rush straight to the desert city am i gonna get ass fucked? still using stuff i picked up in the first area

Attached: Outward_2019-04-02_21-41-01.jpg (1920x1080, 287K)

it's not worth the price

Pirate bay

How do you get that swag?

Whats the deal with fighting in this game? Do you put your backpack down every fight and dodgeroll the shit out of it? How do you not die instantly, especially against several enemies at once

You can still pay 200 silver to skip the mana bullshit. I did the mana path anyway. Get minimum mana and the spark spell to light up campfire instead of using flints

What's the purpose of the butterfly swarms? They seem to be related to magic.

Yea the game heavily relies on magic, you don't really want to do a melee build because it's shit compared to magic, but join any faction and just go to the different cities and talk to the trainers, the faction you join. doesn't really mean shit in terms of classes you can pick

Attached: 1554202597141.png (1280x720, 433K)

Safe spots. If you camp there, you won't get ambushed.

>Whats the deal with fighting in this game?
It's shit
>Do you put your backpack down every fight and dodgeroll the shit out of it?
Yes
>How do you not die instantly
Traps
>especially against several enemies at once
Use magic

Running and spacing works better than rolling for about 70% of attacks. If you use a shield then 90% of the game can be played that way. There are satchels that sacrifice inventory space for unimpeded rolling.

I thought this was an open honeypot now

How long is this game?

Your fortune: Godly Luck

Get an iron great axe, combine it with two predator bones and one linen cloth, get a fang great axe. Causes bleed on hit, does decent damage and is much quicker than other two handed weapons. That'll see you through early game. You don't need to drop your pack for every encounter, just remember to block. Bandits are no big deal, but I tend to drop my shit for some of the nastier monsters.

I'm trying to work towards a mage build, haven't invested any of my skill points yet. I found the Cabal in the first zone and they have summon ghost spells, then there's also the rune trainer in Berg. I'm eyeing both of these, but I haven't been to the Marsh or desert yet and don't have the coin for skills right now anyway. What do you guys recommend?

So, is this Dragon dogma meets Dark souls?

I've been pirating from there since forever every other day and I never had anything happen.

don't you have some weights to lift or something?

It has something from both games but only barely. It's really a unique experience whether you love it or hate it

WHAT?

That's the problem with the game. They try to copy the soulborne formula but it fucking sucks. Your stamina regenerates at a slog rate. The poise/posture system forces you to hit them consistently and guess what, they can't stagger until you get their gauge to 50%. All of this means the heavy or two handed weapons are much better because you destroy their poise fast enough while also have great reach to deal with multiple enemies as well. You can also cheese them with bleed/poison but that's also unfun as fuck. And skills having giant ass cooldown doesn't help either.

fuck i would but it'd just go into my backlog.
how much of a multiplayer game is it?

No

Is there character creation?

Is there some sort of overarching story?

Attached: 1535628540540.gif (208x200, 2.03M)

Straight up. Igg games
Search for your game in the search bar
Close the pop up
Pick your game
Scroll down and choose a download host
Mega and google drive are excelent.

Friends only

Multiplayer is invite only, but it's a good social experience if you have friends. Playing solo is alright too, if you find the game mechanics to be worth slogging through the otherwise barebones world and story.

okay that's good, so I can actually delay playing it without losing anything.

Yes but barely, to both questions.

>Is there character creation?
Yes, but you only pick your characters name and looks, they also look really really ugly.
>Is there some sort of overarching story?
Yea there's 3 factions, and it takes about 20 hours to playthrough one, if the story is good or not that's not something i can comment on haven't played enough of it.

No wonder microtransaction games are replacing everything.

This one won't get a sequel either.

not!Asian face 4 is kind of pretty.

>This one won't get a sequel either.
it doesn't really deserve one.

>start up a new game
>accidentally mash through the opening text
>mistoke it for a loading screen
>whatever lets do this
>wake up on a beach
>go to bed next to this guy
>mashed through another text
>keeps happening
>wake up in a house
>steal everything
>go outside
>people are mad at me
>tell me to cough up 150 silvers
>nothing new here
>try to walk through the gate
>get told to equip shit
>spend my last silver on a proper weapon and waterskin
>head out
>got a chicken to fuck off
>opened a few chests
>met bandits
>whooped their asses
>almost died cause combat feels clunky as shit
>go home
>try again
>two bandits just outside the gate
>get died
>wake up in the streets an hour later
>no money
>no items
>feel softlocked
i found it hard to care and im probably the one to blame

>all these retards with 0 magic skills bind to hotkeys yet they have mana
For what purpose? Why give up stamina (hp doesn't matter), if you're gonna go with a build that only uses magic once in a while? That's what potions and shit are for.

>tfw 4 hours in and didnt even realize you break equipment down

Attached: 1416694957630.gif (319x240, 434K)

Yea I'll give you that, I don't really like any other face though, but i mean it's whatever to me, but people looking for in depth character creators or waifus should look elsewhere is what I meant.

any npc waifus?

Strange mental gymnastics. I've never played a game I didn't want to play.

Which faction's story is the best in your opinion?

Strange mental gymnastics. is you reading that and telling me this
> I've never played a game I didn't want to play.

>20 hours to playthrough one
How much can you get out of just going sandbox and freeplaying? Do you just become really OP and rich within those 20 hours?

But the minimum processor requirement is 1st gen i5. Your i7 should be more than enough. What GPU do you have?

plz npc waifus romance

You think 20 hours isn't enough hoboing?

The chopped up corpses have more detailed character models and prettier faces than the NPCs

I have nothing to add to this thread I just want to get dinosaurs before april fools goes away💔

No waifus, No marriage, The npcs don't look that attractive play a jap game instead, like dragons dogma or dork souls or sword art online hollow fragment

Attached: Outward.png (518x462, 548K)

I get some mad input lag in this game so I just resolved to spam the attack button

downloading it. Will check for viruses though

>No marriage
>he hasn't finished the holy mission faction line

Attached: 988471057611dccf87943c0fa937523c_400x400.jpg (400x400, 20K)

There's a huge buffer between each attack out of combo. That might be what you think is input lag.

You all seriously playing RPGs cause of goddamn romance lines. Just go read a book or play a hentai game.

That didn't really answer my question but I always like a long hobo phase. I get bored quickly when I reach OP status in single player games.

What the fuck is a breakthrough point

Sure. Not sure if cracks still false flag these days though.

Learn to read and don't (you) me again.

That's almost my experience with the game.
>Start new game
>Go through basic shit until angry mob starts harassing me for 150 silver or house is gone
>Spend 30 mins finding shit I need to get out
>Decide to farm chickens and hyenas/wolves/whatever the fuck they are
>Watch these same wolves butcher the hell out of two bandits
>loot their shit
>Sell shit, almost 100 silver
>Go out for one last loot run before calling the first day off
>Get buttraped by two bandits right outside the wall
>Wake up in bandit camp with all the money gone
>Wtf already day 3
>Try to escape the camp, get fucked
>Wake up on the shore again
>Get fucked by some lightning spewing motherfucker
>Wake up in town
>Day 7

You're pretty much hoboing through the entire game

I'm not sure why you are in the discussion if you don't play this.

just you know don't do the main story line, use traps or learn magic and you'll be a habbo forever.

Just a GT 1030 for video output. I don't plan on gaming until I have a new system with 1440p ultrawide.

What antivirus are you using

is this game good on the sony playstation 4?

How good is it if you play it exclusively solo? Is this one of those games than only really work in co op?

You don't get the option to freeplay at the end of the/a main story?

I'm not sure why you are running gymnastics courses in your head or why you think that.

by then you are already a god though, doesn't it go against what you said
> I get bored quickly when I reach OP status in single player games.

>shit, that looks interesting
>open steam
>RPG, Open-World, Co-Op, Survival, Souls-like

Attached: 1541775454103.png (546x535, 180K)

Using commas properly might help you out.

The game is infinitely superior with co-op.

If you are playing it and not liking it, then the argument applied to you.

I thought someone said that the whole game was pretty much hobo phase. So the game is pretty much just ~20 hours till OP status then?

I understood what I said, you however cannot read.

Little chain looking thing on top right when you open up skill trainer's menu. It lets you specialize your skills further, you have 3 out of 8 different specializations

big tiddy holy waifu?

Shame. I was up for something closer to the gothic series

What argument? What the fuck are you prattling on about?

It's comfy. Definitely prime eurojank. Too bad it microstutters like crazy, even after setting everything to potato, and I have a mid-tier rig.

I don't know what you are on about either, and frankly don't care anymore.

Is it worse the STALKER microstutters?

It's apparently harder solo, which is always a plus in my books.

You don't get OP ever. You get powerful and can cleave through 3 bandits easily with your Tsar Greataxe, you can throw a Wendigo around like it's a ragdoll but you still take a good chunk of damage from even the shitty bandits. This is with plate, I guess if you go mage you're even more vulnerable if you get hit

Hey retard a 10 man dev group sure as shit can’t pay for shills

>It not being demanding is it being done poorly user.
>apparently not eating an entire day will debuff you heavily, even in real life
What kind of fucking tub of lard are you?

Well thanks for wasting my time.

>what is a publisher
>who is deep silver

Not him but not getting nutrients in daily is detrimental to human health and would come with side effects.

Which STALKER? In any case it's probably worse because it's more often. It's like instead of loading chunks of areas (like TES games or Minecraft for instance), it's loading a radius around your character so it's constantly loading shit in. That's just an uneducated guess for the reason, but whether or not the microstutters are actually related to loading stuff, I can't tell for certain.
No crashes though.

Do i want to play this with KB+M or a Gamepad?

How is the game with coop and does it function? I saw people saying that progression was lost for people who join games, is that true on PC or only ps4?

>That's just an uneducated guess for the reason
I think that's an accurate guess if the way enemies drop in from the sky is anything to go by.

Gamepad is more comfy, KB+M has better hotkeys.
The games got a lot of bugs, people complain about losing their shit a lot it's being fixed. Consoles have it worse than PC.

If you think anyone in this thread is shilling you're either a fucking moron or you don't even understand what the word means

Im ready to get horribly slaughtered in this bandit camp. Catch you on the flipside

Attached: 20190402144013_1.jpg (1920x1080, 515K)

Three things user.
One I'm not that guy
Two I was pointing out that it's not just 10 guys in some garage and that the games published by deep silver
Three you're fucking retarded

People in sekiro threads actually discuss the game and strategies for bosses. You argument is shit, faggot.

na they fine with the savings from skipping taxes.

Sounds good enough.

Hopefully this doesn't murder my i7 920.

And not eating properly in-game will result in a stat debuff.
>It not being demanding is it being done poorly
The guy makes it sound like he wants something akin to constant starvation, not skipping a day's worth of meals, which was a regular experience before because lolpoverty but I'd hardly describe the effects of which as intense as what the guy seems to want.

Based tax evasion bros

Why do you hate sekiro and dmc user? they're both good games with great action combat? Why does it upset you to see people talking about them and enjoying them?

I never encountered that before, but good to know.

My rig's an i7-4790k with a 1070 which is not new but still does well. It's probably the loading of assets as says.

Every time i continue my game after saving thrice because it keeps happening, i lose literally everything in my backpack. What's the deal?

Skyrim with Frostfall, Wet and Cold, Realistic Needs and Diseases, Climates of Tamriel, Wearable Lanterns, TK's Dodge, Critical Hit Backstab and Parry, and TK's Combat.

One of my skills seems to be permanently stuck in cooldown. Any way to fix this or am I fucked?

it's a known bug, read the reddit or steam for work arounds, i personally put everything in my pocket before closing the game.

Really enjoying it but my biggest gripes so far are
>absolutely tiny hotbar
They basically allow you to mangle 3 classes together yet even rune magic will completely take entire hotbar away. What the fuck? Skills should have it's own hotbar while items and equipment could go on a more limited belt\pockets
>character creator
6 50 years old polish alcoholics is... i mean i don't insist on barbie dolls and top model hunks but i'd like to not need a mask or a bag on the head to not throw up in my mouth when camera turns to show my character

Go to your local countryside and camp, but also fight out gypsies and hobos who are immune to pain from all the drugs they do, if they over power you they will rape you but not kill you.

>not on switch
Miss me with that homosexual shit

Attached: 2884B274-798A-48B1-9728-7BCBF89789AE.png (1183x747, 379K)

Known bug. If you want a workaround, get cheatengine and download the table that lets you access developer mod. There's an item spawner and you can just spawn your stuff.

Also if you run the game in dev mode, you'll find out you actually have multiple saves, so maybe your "other saves" still haven't lost the backpack contents. Check it out.

>i'd like to not need a mask or a bag on the head to not throw up in my mouth when camera turns to show my character

Attached: D3A6eRBUcAA1fXi.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

how to get pet bird

Does this game have good quests? Are there any interesting characters, bits of lore, worldbuilding, etc? Or is it not really about that, mostly just running around going places and not dying if you can?

>absolutely tiny hotbar
I think that's a console fag issue more hotbars would be easy to do with PC but on console I think it's clunky as it is now, FFXIV barely gets away with it and it has gcd of 2.5.
>character creator
Yeah no idea what the fuck went wrong with this one, they developed it in unity so you'd assume they'd just use assets maybe they could only afford ugly assets, I definitely recognise some of these trees.

Ps4 player here patch when?

having to drop backpack before every fight is bad and unfun idea

Attached: 1549781142519.png (512x512, 557K)

>every fight
lmao git gut

Who gettin spooky here?

Attached: spookin.jpg (1920x1080, 713K)

When it's done.™ Just put your stuff in your pocket before quitting next time, like that other user.

>Ps4 player here patch when?
10 man team and it's not the only problem who knows.

Brings some traps with you user

Attached: Outward 2019-03-29 22-53-48-19.png (1920x1080, 3.13M)

>My rig's an i7-4790k with a 1070 which is not new but still does well
> I only have a very good CPU and GPU but the game runs well
NO FUCKING SHIT?
I really hate people like you who don't know if their rig is good or not.

How? This is relevant to my interests.

Yea it's tedious get one of those don't affect dodge roll bags, it's what i did.

You all talked to the roof Pipe in the bandit camp, right? You want that 110 backpack dont you loser

Attached: 1549049091409.png (512x512, 112K)

I dont use an active antivirus. Malwarebytes scan every now and again and common sense.

>lost my house since i didn't realize it's the fifth day already
am i fucked? considering starting over

Rogue breakthrough allows you to dodge freely with backpack equipped

I think you misunderstood my post. My rig is not new, but still performs well. The game still microstutters a lot.

Not him but both those games have 20 threads between each other and some retard consistently comes into odd Outward threads and screams shill while shitposting

Why does it look like a game from 2005?

Because it's acceptable for smaller devs.

Nah, that town sucks and you can get everything but the storage set up in any other building. Use the lack of storage to prevent you from hoarding useless junk.

lol

can i be a cool ass mage in this game?

But not the kind of mage that just walks and shoots fireballs out of his ass but the "old and wise" kind that has incantations for his spells etc.

> mostly just running around going places and not dying if you can
It's pretty much this, with some comfy cooking, potion brewing and dungeon crawling

thanks, i'm only one hour in, good to know there are alternatives

It is though and i like the game faggot

>He didn't just get a tribal favor

Start over. Open the map ans go to that tiny beach to the south of the village. You can also get there quickly by entering the dungeon through the door in the village, you know the one after a long bridge. Bring a bandage with you and save the guy at the beach to get the Favor. Save you 150 silver for better stuff.

Could you give some examples of other games that someone who would enjoy this game would also have enjoyed?

OUT NOW

Literally Skyrim with mods or Oblivion with mods or Morrowind with mods.

If TES is my favourite series but I generally play it without mods and enjoy it for the quests and the lore, is that applicable?

What the fuck is this game? Some Souls clone?

Gothic, Elex, Risen, Kenshi, Dragon's Dogma, Dork Souls, Witcher 1, Unreal World
It's not like any of these games, but it's the first that comes to my mind and also all games that I loved.

If you hate eurojank you're gonna hate this game, if you love it then it's probably the game for you. Price is too steep though so I recommend pirating

warrior potion + gun = 5 shot kill Jade Lich

You can also get Breakthrough skill in Rogue class that has this
>Consume 50% less Stamina when performing dodge rolls. Equipped backpacks no longer negatively affect dodging ability.

because the game was made a decade ago but only released now no aspect of this game is post 2009

don't listen to the retard, it's nothing like tes games

good luck reloading 4 times lmfao

dude just use 5 guns

where do I find the trainer for this?

if darksouls had shit combat and was set in the same world of dragons dogma without the story yes.

fuck im dumb, thanks breh

No the quests and lore have nothing on the TES games in my opinion.

Apparently Levant, the farthet away city

the witcher 1 is such an underrated masterpiece.

This isn't Morrowind-tier lore IMO. Maybe Skyrim. Combat is nowhere near the same, see , but if you've ever played Skyrim with those mods and just walked around and hunted and camped then you'll get the same sense here.

Much stricter carry weight system though.

See: I don't know if you just did sexlab and nothing else, but I literally had a similar comfy out in the wilderness experience as this game playing modded TES, minus some systems.
>Travelling from Whiterun to Winterhold
>Setting up comfy campfires and a tent every night to camp
>Hunting and foraging for food etc.

have you guys seen the hidden puzzles? No I'm not talking about dungeon puzzles. The first puzzle involves the wooden fish statue.

Nice. Trap grammy awarded

Im playing combat wizard, and the gameplay reninds me of gandalf. I can use flamethrower magic and shoot fireballs, but they require mana and mats, so finishing enemies off with my sword is necessary.

Have I missed out on the pet and fireworks skill, or do I have a few hours left?

Its a bit different, but kingdom come hardcore reminds me of this. No quest markers and no player icon in map.

Dayum, now that's potato

You get it by buying the game. Promo ends soon. Sorry. If you bought the game you should already have it. Go to your skills and switch to the cosmetic skills tab (tabs aren't on top of the window but are on the left side).

I don't know if it's pc only or also on console though.

Host has crashed before and I still have my items. Fortunately you can literally pick which save to use.

Where's that?

do i have to accept quest for quest item to spawn? for example would the mushroom shield still be in the burrows even without me starting the quest?

the starting town... Can't reveal much more about it though, as I don't know too much (still investigating).

>all reviews of the game stop at around 30~ hours played
Is there just no end game or is it a one and done game, its actually kindof odd to see a game have playtime that is the same among almost everyone playing it

Where can I find small sapphire to unlock the second door in the burrows? Could't find it there.

I sold the shield before finding the quest, but later on i found another shield in a random junk pile in the dungeon.

the endgame is co-op.

There are two mushroom shields in that dungeon, and also I found another 2 in random loot so probably not.

you can finish the game in about 20 hours. there's 3 factions you're meant to replay the other factions for story or play as a different class, but 30 hours you pretty much know how the gameplays and have done a faction story to its entirety.
it's a random gem

It's random loot but can also get it randomly from mining. Also in my first game one of the merchants sold it, but on the second character he didn't.

Can you disable the cancer motion blur?

So everyone stopped playing? I dont get it. The more I look the more I see that pretty much every review infact is in the 30 hour mark and then the person just stops playing.

frosted tiddy

Attached: Outward 2019-04-02 21-03-40-91.png (1920x1080, 2.7M)

This game looks more like MMO than Dark Souls based on its gathering, fishing, and inventory system. Cant stand MMOs personally

yeah i get that vibe aswell feels like it was meant to be an mmo

Storyline: ?hrs
Actual gametime you’ll put in: infinite hrs

Gat dem, i know it's an indie game but i def did not expect them to dare show nudity, gore, dismemberment and litres of blood all together.

That sounds like a good playtime for one faction questline. Honestly the sidequests in this game are MMO-tier
>Dude get me Crystal Powder
>Dude get me Blue Crystal
>Dude get me 2 Scraps
And so on. No reason to get stuck in one character after you’ve finished the faction questline unless you want to explore. And even then you can start a new character that can inherit a few items from your previous character

nah it doesn't play as an mmo at all, the crafting/gathering is there to give you a slight edge when fighting or to alleviate disease/infection. it's one of those game where consumables are actually useful and preparation necessary

Hate everything about this game mechanics. Why does every developer think we all like to die constantly in a game like Dark Souls. Wish I'd never laid eyes on this game and will never ever buy anything from this developer ever again.

then why are the animations so janky and trigger boxes so lenient? look at how fishing is done...

>it's one of those game where consumables are actually useful and preparation necessary
you mean like an mmo?

which camp tho?

Ehhhh, Ill get it in a sale or something. Thought it was something like Mount and Blade or Kenshi where there is always something to do it you need it, and creating a new character was more than just joining a different faction.

it's got mount and blade like combat

so i saw you grab some bullets early on, that means that there are some kind of guns in the game.
is there a console command for me to get one so i can at least have fun with the game?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH BABY! YEAH!

Attached: 1552413545406.gif (338x170, 66K)

Can you customize your character's sex, face, skin and hair? Or is it randomized or fixed?

>Fun
>Shooting a gun needs you to sheathe weapon
>5s reloading after every shot

The combat seems fine, its more the amount of content to use said combat in that urks me. Its not as free flowing as I thought it was.

It's a gun as in a flintlock or a musket.

Go play some easy simple game bro.

ok nevermind, game doesnt sound fun at all

>carry multiple loaded guns
>swap them out when you fire them
YAAAR HARRR, git gud, ARRR

I more or less think of someone who tries to be a professional reviewer but isn't as articulate as he thinks he is,
so he resorts to just comparing it to another vidya gaem people worldwide know about, even though it explains nothing
about the qualities of the game.

>he thinks a stupid eat and drink bar is intellectual
holy cringe. fuck off survival zoomer.

literally the first bandit camp, scrub

And when they all out of bullet? 1929393s reloading?

Attached: 327DBAB8-C851-4D5F-BD88-8DC5E3AF7F0C.jpg (668x651, 213K)

The game got fucked by a rushed development time and lack of human resources. They cut corners everywhere.

>darksouls
>nice hitboxes.

Attached: Le realization face.webm (640x480, 676K)

Everyone says jank, but i have not seen one ingame example of it.

Sure that one time i didnt run the game ad admin, but other than that nothing.

Also the game doesnt look bad at all, runs great, doesnt stutter and has a lot of visual charm to it.

My only gripe is that i wasnt able to make a good looking female character.

Atleast pirate the game, if anything this is going to be one of your games where you can easily sink 100 hrs+

Had this been released on switch, id have bought it in a heartbeat, nothing could beat a comfy adventure game.

you make a camp fire, pop down a tent, and get comfy as fuck while you reload your guns

You swap to your sword matey, you dont stand with your limp dick in your hand when they are ontop of you. Arrr

>less features means mechanically more complex
Wew.

Should’ve allowed me to dual wield guns then

Attached: E7611B66-0C2E-4C1E-BA3B-71E5496E3F87.jpg (360x349, 78K)

Alright niggers i'm heading to the swamp wish e luck in your hearts don't @ me

>Is it as good as dark souls?
Trick question because souls games are shit

this post was provided to you by the DMC GANG

just hotkey 7 pistols and wear a cutlass

>female character
>pirate the game
>reddit spacing
>nintentoddler
Out.

Already playing a better game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

>the guy with the gliave that looks like a miniature version of Guts’ Dragonslayer.

Guess who used 90 traps to kill and rob that gliave?

good fortunes to you anonymous

Attached: 1553533793056.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

What kinda game is this?

>pirate the game
what's wrong with this
it's not worth 40

It's enough to make a man go bonkers.

This by the way is an amazing game.
There is no hand holding, it is quite difficult as well. But the number 1 reason to get this? FRIGGEN SPLITSCREEN COUCH CO-OP Number 2? No buying items in game with real world cash/ no loot boxes. If anything, get this game to play that, have put 3 hours into the co-op mode and it is just about the most fun I have had in years.
It is funny how a game with dated graphics, and made by a team of 10 people invokes the same enjoyment of exploration that only Breath of the Wild was able to do so well.

Enjoy microtransactions and streaming AAA then.

how'd you figure that

Marsh song is best song.

>he didn't 1cc it already
Pleb.

>SPLITSCREEN COUCH CO-OP
but does it have fullscreen LAN co-op?

I've only managed to get it to go splitscreen

No LAN. You'd need to connect online.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to predict the direction.

Heh, that's not even the worst. The four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Now that's scary.
What, you don't know what that is? Let me show you fella, revel in this terror
>Early Access: Famine
>Survival: Death
>Open World: War
>Crafting: Strife

Why is my lightning shrimp cave flooded this playthrough?

No but you do need a point substantiate your claims. If you buy outward Publishers won't stop doing microtransactions and google won't terminate stradia.
And if you really want to doomsday, all you're doing by overpaying for an unfinished game is saying it's okay to rush games out early.

close enough, all i want is some kind of networked co-op
is it pirateable easily? i'm looking at this like Factorio, i'm not gonna know if it's good until many hours past the refund window

>is it pirateable easily?
Enjoy microtransactions and streaming AAA

piratefag here, coop does sound nice but the game is worth 20 euro at best, gonna wait few months and get it for 10 on a sale

Skidrow has it for 8GB. It's a pretty standard crack.

Why don't you retards read the threads, or just Youtube some gameplay?

man just youtube outward review

>buy 2 copies for $100 CDN, it could be fun!
>by the way it takes like 10 hours to get to the good part
i'm not even a potential sale until the price drops anyway, no harm no foul am i right or am i right

Attached: 1389155551508.png (450x426, 100K)

>the industry runs on its own without any funding
>games get sequels regardless of the sales
Ehh, that's not how it works. And why would I need to provide a CNN news headline to show microtransactions have gotten more popular? It's obvious beyond shadow of a doubt to anybody who isn't being deliberately difficult.

Also, it's not up for even debate that streaming is what they are going for next.
>all you're doing by overpaying for an unfinished game is saying it's okay to rush games out early.
You can only affect that by downvoting the games and causing a huge controversy. Not buying or pirating simply means a dead franchise, a dead company.

general on /vg/ when?

who are you quoting retard, I'm telling you buying outward wont reverse those things

Man i'm torn on getting it, it looks so janky and comfy at the same time

Your post reads like a shill post. Are you just here to advertise the game?

I bought CE for the titties in open beta

just pirate it, play it solo, and run it as administrator, you avoid all the problems

some guy put out a mod on steam that fixes the game.

unironically a big plus in games. Really nice female models in that game, but the actual playing part is such a chore

water is low in the early morning

is there a way to turn off the "sliding" effect on the camera? Its so fucking annoying I do not understand how anyone could think that this is a good design choice

I hear there isn't much in the way of plot/story. What kind of adventure is that?

>combat is obviously the worst aspect of the game
What's with the excessive shilling for this game? is that where all their money went?

I'm quoting literally the post linked to in the post.
>I'm telling you buying outward wont reverse those things
Buying games is the best way to dictate the industry direction. It doesn't run on its own.

never heard of this game but it looks kinda neat
anyone care to give me the shill pill?

Test

Stop posting moron

Most useful spell in this game is a fucking floating ball of light so you can drop your backpack and can still see and once in a while shit out a lightning ball that's only useful for pulling enemies.

Attached: orbz.png (1920x1080, 3.77M)

>avoid all the problems
Funny because it's full of bugs and will get several updates later on.

you aren't quoting the post you linked, please link to the actual post you were quoting.

>shill makes post
>gimme a shill pill
>shill answers shill post
>game good pls buy

stop posting moron...this is productive.

Yeah I am. I'm paraphrasing the arguments which you were giving. You were implying that the industry can run on its own without customers.

What are you on user
This is a shill thread but I've legit never heard of this game and it seems like it might be interesting. I probably won't buy it regardless because I'm too busy with the superior Risk of Rain 2.

Attached: Outward 2019-03-31 23-11-46-97.png (1920x1080, 2M)

>I've legit never heard of this game and it seems like it might be interesting
Anyone who types this should get banned for advertising.

so you aren't quoting me at all, at last the truth comes out. and no i wasn't i even explained to you what i told you after you misunderstood, buying outward won't reverse the trend and buying outward promotes a bad practice if you want to doomsay, it promotes the idea that rushed early access buggy games deserve $40 and i don't agree with that.

>end up shenghied into a fort with merc bandits making me mine for my food
>Just find all the shit they stole from me down the hall to my cell and pay to leave
Is there any reason to go back there apart from learning the backstab skill? Can i go in there and kill them all for good loot?

Absolutely lovely title!

Definitely one of the best adventuring simulator on the market, it is harsh, it is fair, it is pretty and there's lots and lots to do! It always manages to pique my sense of curiosity, there's always something I'm wondering about and something I want to do.

Sure the world isn't extremely over-populated... but I believe that's part of the vision that sparked the creation of this game. Again, this is an adventure simulator... and part of an adventure, is seeking an adventure. In plain fields, in real life, there isn't a point of interest every 50 meters.

They take a few very interesting twist on well known game play elements (see Magic, Alchemy, etc.)

Sure there's a few frustrations here and there, and a few issues here and there, but overall I am so pleased with the title that I believe it deserves a well rounded 10/10.

Oh did I mentioned it has Drop In/Drop Out SPLIT-SCREEN COOP!?

So is sex but that doesn't stop me from doin it alone!

SPLIT SCREEN COOP?!
NO WAY
For only 40 shmeckles I can get all that? It's a must have for anyone that loves adventuring

>so you aren't quoting me at all
In fact I was, because that's where everything you said boils down to. That the industry could work without its customers. Unless you want to tell me an alternative method.
>buying outward won't reverse the trend
Buying Outward guarantees you get more Outward and games like that. It has always been that way. That's how the industry operates.

We wouldn't have as big of a microtransactions craze if people still bought games that didn't require Internet connection. Companies wouldn't be putting out commercials like that if that was the case.

youtube.com/watch?v=DPl-YMq2WTM

just buy an onahole dude, there's like at least 5 guides on other boards about that alone. and just like an onahole would make your solo experience better, a mod that added companions or companions that had their own side stories or were locked by factions would make the solo experience better, but unfortunately one of these solutions exists and one doesn't.

>you said boils down to
so it's not a quote but your own warped interpretation that i've corrected you about several times already. Thanks for confirming this again .

you could go play skyrim
and you're unfairly judging my skillz at touching my own junk

I can't even tell if this is shitposting anymore because I've seen actual marketer retards act like this here.

Let's be honest. If Outward was bug-free, that would be even more of an incentive for the thiefs to torrent the game. Everything they say is always turned around with the ulterior motive to make their torrenting easier and problem-free.

>game is buggy
>fucking devs that's why i pirate

>game is bug-free
>*quietly and happily pirates it*

>game uses denuvo

>game is denuvo-free

>game is on epic store

>game is on steam

Epic user.
Absolutely epic.
Bros how do I prove I'm not a shill without sounding even more like one?

Wow! Awesome user!

Guess I'll just google this shit ffs
Any of you niggers down for some RoR?

Attached: Capture.png (992x494, 523K)

You dont need a strong story for an adventuring sim, if you play the game you’ll know what I mean.

user, everyone on Yea Forums who is not a complete brainlet, paraphrases arguments, and there is nothing wrong with it. It's good to stay a few steps ahead in arguments.

I'm glad you guys chose Yea Forums as your primary advertising platform
I love calling out shills and not buying their games

>empty world
>plenty of frustrations
>10/10
And I thought Polygon was the king of the brainlets

pls respond i don't want to waste my time running back if theres' no point, it's vendal fort.

SeeDESU the only reason I even bothered with this game at all is the camping.

What are you on right now? You are borderline retarded my man.

I mean if you really want to talk about other games, I could play skyrim or the witcher 3 if I wanted a really good solo experience and a huge rpg. The game isn't bad but I think co-op is it's biggest selling point, something witcher 3 can't do and something skyrim can only do with mods.
Hey man it's your experience you don't want to experiment that's cool whatever floats your boat

Up to you, if you can kill them they have decent loot. But you'll have a quest to come back there and kill them later so up to you if you wanna kill them now and then run back to Cierzo to autocomplete the quest and then run all the way to wherever you were

Everyone on Yea Forums uses strawman and logical fallacies to argue yeah that's fine, i'm not however going to read something i never said and then have someone else tell me i said it.

>Need help figuring out what trainers to go for. Making a mage.
>I took the shaman and have two breakthrough points left - and am indecisive about whether to go for spellblade, sage, or philosopher. Sage unlocks rune magic which sounds vital to ant mage gameplay. Philosopher unlocks mana regen and the sigil of ice for ice based magicks. But philosopher also trains the use of chakram. While the rune magic requires a lexicon to be powerful and useful. You can't equip both because they are both offhands. Meaning I either gimp my rune magic for an internalized lexicon, waste my unlocked chakram skills, or swap one with the spellblade. Significantly reducing my repertoire of spells in the process.
If you still wanna use rune magic you could get the break through and get Lexicon-less magic, freeing up your other hand for chakram

I actually just hate what the casuals and pirates have done to the industry. Now Beyond Good & Evil 2 which looked like a promising game at first is a always online multiplayer game.

It's the fucking moron who's yelling shill in every thread pretending to be shill. Apparently suffering from some severe mental illness

He just copy pasted the comment from metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/outward/user-reviews

Well, isn't it fantastic that I'm staying very strictly on-topic? More-so than you actually.

I get what the draw is; it's role playing type of deal, where you imagine your character is something and you build it that way. But that's such an empty experience, especially after you sink 100+hr into it and then realize it. Just think of all that new shit you learned in the game that turns out to be completely worthless and now you can't even imagine going back to playing it because of how much you loathe the empty experience.

Sorry, but there are far too many games being made that are just like that; empty. They focus on a few addicting gameplay aspects to hook the addicts. Maybe you're lucky and the modding community becomes large, giving the game more life. That's really the only saving grace of modern games like this. Mount and Blade was similar in that respect.

you made up an imaginary story on your head and want me to go along with it.
No_

>rpg
>no significant plot or tight environmental storytelling

yeah no

Patch is up on ps4, what is it fixing?

You're fucking paranoid dude, I'm not that other guy you debate with every thread, I just gave a guy who asked for it a shill review of the game. if you think it's shilling then maybe the guys who give outward 10/10 are unironically shills or retarded.

You're fucking dumb. I pirated then bought the games that actually deserved it and had a realistic price range like Kenshi, Battle brothers, Warband, Witcher 3 etc

I love this game but $60 aus?????? Get fucked m8, it's $30 aus at best

>Tfw coming into a town all beat up and getting a comfy night of sleep

Attached: 1236637601003.jpg (250x250, 17K)

Don't kid yourself. All games are empty experiences, bar ones that actually helped you form social connections.

>reads metacritic reviews
>hates fake shills with a passion
Think you just proved you're a shill

mite b cool
Torrent?

>tfw running back to town 1hp with all my glorious loot

Attached: copythat.jpg (223x226, 7K)

>Combats like dark souls

As in you get locked into long animations you can't cancel out of? Thats a yikes for me.

I got mine off a private tracker though I ended up buying it anyway.

You know what? I just bought a Wooting two, an analog keyboard that was crowdfunded. It wouldn't exist if there was no demand for it.

Im' lifting my backpack weight right now as I auto run back and watching the thread devolve into bickering, it's more comfy than camping.

Attached: Ayyyyy.png (507x467, 412K)

Good for you hope you enjoy it and it deserves the price you paid for it.

what and what now? i'd kill for a 110 backpack

Reminder that this skill from this trainer makes the game a complete cakewalk
>bonus points for glitching yourself the 110 bag

Attached: outwards.jpg (1786x1004, 804K)

here. Forgot to add. I got the Reloaded release. That should be on public trackers now, but I don't think it has the update that fixes the bag contents disappearing issue. Not really a problem for me anymore, but if I were pirating I'd wait for another release from them.

Apparently if you conjure Magic Sword it acts as a mainhand Lexicon, problem is, that means you need to put Chakram, Lexicon, and at least two runes on your hotbar
tl;dr is that Rune Magic is fucking shit in the context of a hotbar this tiny and limited. Don't take Rune Magic unless you really understand what you're doing

first bandit camp right east of 1st town, enter straight, walk left, the hut requiring 2 power coils can be glitched by jumping on the roof and talking to the pipe, just hit F once, gate opens, there you go, might not work anymore if there was a patch out

Thanks user, pretty based
I prefer to buy games but I have no idea if I'll enjoy this at all and $40 is a bit of plunge.

>paste first sentence in google
>metacritic pops up first
Low IQ poster

Everything can be an empty experience. People don't socialize the same way they use too. They tend to use very small collections of vocabulary and only discuss a very small and limited set of topics, with an even smaller set of opinions on said topics. All of this happens because their brains are connected to the MSM brain washing that is rampant across all media outlets, and the only way to get away from it is too disconnect and only use internet with all the ad block power you can muster, while also being wary of all media distributors online (opinion based news, echo chambers for opinion based news, etc.).

But what makes an experience "empty" is very much dependent on the individual. If we are being conditioned to except small and limiting experiences as normal from birth, then we are likely to not even notice when that's all we have. And if you do notice? Damn. Depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide. It's not a fun ride.

>Tfw going from a complete peasant to an actually skilled warrior/mage along the course of the game
I wish more devs would use the "you fucking suck and nobody gives a shit about you" approach in their games.

Attached: 1416065441867.jpg (835x773, 86K)

>But that's such an empty experience
>But what makes an experience "empty" is very much dependent on the individual.

Can I be a necromancer in this game?

Attached: WlGoDo1.jpg (538x572, 171K)

It's only 22 USD converted in my third world shithole. Still a big number but at least it's not 40 USD converted.

I think there is a shaman class with summon skills but no reviving dead.

What is castro playing playstation 2 in this image? Is is having fun?

did you have a stroke nigger

>All games are empty experiences
define an empty experience for you

My friend refunded this game and bought the division 2. That game is pretty fun if you skip the cutscenes ignore the story and just kill shit. Darkzone makes up for the game but it has balance issues.

your dick in my pussy

Anyone find any Tsar stones?
I got 2 from the respawning ghost in the graveyard outside of the corrupted tomb and 1 from the Dark Ziggurat.

Outward has a lot of potential, from the interesting death system to the complexity of the status effects, but the entire game is full of some big problems: clunky combat system, out-dated IA and rough (and superficial) gdr elements. Outward has definitely his little audience of early 2000-gdr lovers, and it's a bit charming in some ways, but in the end it's not even average.

>Pirated it a few days ago
>Saved the guy on the beach
>Got into some fights
>Went back to town and saved my house and scrapped together some money to buy a backpack an ditched the satchel
>Wander around outside town opening chests
>Wander by the big mountain planning on visiting some locations around it
>Got into some more fights
>Really didn't like the combat at all and felt it was a clunky mess
>Uninstalled

I don't understand how people can say the combat is like a Souls.

must suck having a loose pussy maybe that's why you're bitchy all the time

Any news whether the devs will add more stuff?

>I don't understand how people can say the combat is like a Souls.
yeah me neither i feel like people see medieval swords and say, OH WOW IT'S JUST LIKE DARK SOULS I CAN BE A KNIGHT

cringe
extremely based, like!

If all you know is empty experiences, who's to say what is empty to you and what is not? It's like poor people vs rich people. You are born poor and never see what it's really like to be rich, so you don't even know what you're missing. It's the way ruling classes stay ruling classes. The poor become complicit with their lot in life.

it's a group of 10 people and they are still solving item deletion bugs, maybe if they find time they can drag some more mobs from the unity asset store. I honestly think they plan to do dlc at some point however.

you can summon souls from corpses and skeletons for 5 minutes

>that game is an empty experience! don't bother!
>But what makes an experience "empty" is very much dependent on the individual.
I'm making it a bit clearer for you to understand. Get some self awareness and some consistency.

outward is an empty experience
morrowind is a full experience

>thankfully good games exist though.
But I'm already tired of TETRIS.

shill this game to me before the thread dies

What's a good mana pool for a rune mage? I was thinking of starting at 80.