Fuck Epic Games Store and fuck Steam...

Fuck Epic Games Store and fuck Steam, GOG is obviously the best digital distribution platform because appeasing the consumers over the devs always take the highest priority

Attached: 844bac20026bcb6faf3d308fe9ad38365b3df6d1b5c4b74d0db309b426c997c5.jpg (1600x740, 218K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html
gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its hard to argue that GOG isn't the best platform as it is DRM free. If GOG had the same catalogue as Steam I have no doubt that it would outperform Steam.
The Epic Store is however by FAR the worst option of the three as it is at its core anti consumer. Bribing devs for exclusivity, therefore depriving users the choice of storefront is disgusting console-tier behaviour.

Attached: 1487277647852.jpg (720x960, 90K)

if vtmb2 isn't a trainwreck, going to get it from gog for sure

is a good old game s

Well Steam isn't paying devs to not release on GOG.

this, will get CP77 on there

i don't know why you fucks care about the devs. if they are good devs who made a good game, then they deserve the sales and money.
GOG is nice, but where are the majority of the games? that's its only problem

Based and GOGpilled

Attached: 1552331662135.png (1280x1280, 204K)

I’m planning on using gog for cyberpunk and if they don’t fuck up Bloodlines 2 I’ll get it there as well.

but giving money to poland?

unless you are lithuanian or russian there is no reason for you NOT to give money to poland

poland and czechia make some of my favorite games
t. loves sims

>cuckplatform

Attached: 335639.png (633x874, 64K)

Worst feel is buying a game on steam and then finding out it was on gog as well. How do i avoid that lads?

>over the devs
The biggest irony has got to be that Epic sn't even that good for devs, they're above all sucking it up to the publishers. Which is not the same thing as being dev friendly at all.

Please, everyone. Stop writing "bribing devs" or "supporting devs" etc..
The DEVS see SHIT. It's the fucking Publishers who see the money, no one fucking else.

signed,
a random dev for real

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck

this, faggots

Your fortune: Outlook good

Steam游戏

sadly GOG is pretty unpopular and will go under soon

Your fortune: Good Luck

literally impossible😂

isnt it the devs fault for not negotiating better payroll with the publisher?

hahahaHAHAHAHAHA HA HACoin Flip: Tails

We're talking about 20-something people living in the bay area, nothing can possibly be THEIR fault.

totemo baka♨️

>no workshop
>no multiplayer on most games
>games never get updated

yeah no thanks not buying another game off this shit service ever again.

Attached: 1553171995544.jpg (784x911, 53K)

Tim Sweeny is actually not alive anymore.
All organised by ""them"".
Hence no verified Account.

>I want paid mods and no quality control whatsoever and the idea of going to NexusMods is abhorrent to my retard brain

>Being a shit-eating retard that actually enjoys multiplayer trash

>I'm too stupid to realize that games frequently get updated and I refuse to use the optional Galaxy client if I want auto-updating games

www.cheapshark.com/browse
Type in the name of the game and you get the cheapest price (does not show key reselling sites though)

Attached: 1539747481252.jpg (952x809, 611K)

Not playing MP is a sign of being a little bitch.

>I have no logical response to all these points unless I misrepresent them or ignore them

and that's why GOG is circling the toilet. 7.8k of profit in 2018 lul

Attached: fluffy dog of questioning.png (900x707, 215K)

You don't go to GOG to play multiplayer games, you go there to buy single player retro, indie, or roleplaying games and occasionally triple-a if the option was available

Death to Valve
Death to Epic
Death to GoG
Piracy is the only acceptable type of digital distribution. Paid digital distribution is a cancer on gaming.
I started pirating because of Steam, GoG is no better. I am literally forced to pirate because PC is digital only and I'm not willing to pay for digital distribution.
No physical, no buy. Download code in a box doesn't count
>j-just cuck out and give money to GoG then burn it to a disc
That is a back up, and I already do that with the games I pirate but I don't pretend it is the same as an actual physical copy, no need for me to give money to a rent seeker like GoG.
Anyone that pays for digital distribution is a casual, not a real PC gamer, and is the cancer that killed PC gaming and gaming as a whole.
Perfect time to start demanding DRM free physical releases on PC but everyone is too busy praising le gaben or marcin

Attached: the only acceptable answer2.png (991x356, 19K)

Why does Steam and GoG get a pass for taking away choice by getting rid of physical copies on PC and giving digital distribution a monopoly on PC? The only legal way to play new games on PC is to give a glorified donation to a console wannabe platform like Steam, GoG, or Epic.
You don't care about choice, you are just worried about your download licenses. If you lose the ability to download from their server then you lose what you gave them a glorified donation for.
Just pirate.
Based

Charging for a download license is inherently anti consumer

>worshipping plastic
Offline installers are factually superior to physical by every metric.

micro(SD) cards are nowadays cheap as shit, and enough for most games. So the arguments that blueray/whatever is too expensive/too small is also not valid anymore.
So i'm full on your side, and also absolutely only buy physical.
In that sense, mainly:

Death to all publishers who are going digital only!

>what you get with physical
Installer on disc
Option to backup by yourself

>what you get on gog
Installer on your HDD
Option to backup by yourself
Another backup on gog's server

You have a logic problem here.
The "installer on disc" is only BECAUSE of steam/whatever digital store.

Wow are you saying I only get it because I bought it? Shocker.

Physical isn't going to come back. Especially for PC. Let it go.

Sorry it's true GoG drones

tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html

gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

GOG is a giant pirate fastfood. I always try to pirate gog versions and im happy every time a title goes out cause it means it will be playable on release without cracking.
I buy on them old games tho since steam lacks the support or simply doesnt have them.

gog has all the games that matter.
Refund on steam? Or wait for them to give you a copy on gog for free from linking your steam account.
>no workshop
The mods for the games are already out there man. Why would someone go through the effort of putting a 20 year old mod up on a workshop when it's just as easy to download it yourself?
>no multiplayer on most games
Multiplayer works fine out of the box, or over virtual IP for every game I've played.
>games never get updated
There's unofficial patches for some games, but most of the bugs have been worked out of the games over the past decades, why do you want an update for a 20 year old game that does nothing?
Where's your source of that figure? I find it dubious they would remain open with such a low profit potential.
There's a fair number of games where you simply can't get a physical copy of them anymore. More that you can, but modern systems don't have the hardware to read, even more that it's a pain to make work.
Spending a buck or two to have a 20 year old game working in 1 click on a modern computer is good value in my opinion.

Attached: Good Old Games.jpg (2694x850, 659K)

I’ve been supporting GOG a lot these days

which begs the question, why do you people constantly bash everybody who uses steam.. you know, for playing new games?

Everyone knows this, there's just no fucking games compared to steam and it has no meme games like fortnite. It sucks but what can you even do?

Attached: sad kirb.png (180x180, 60K)

Steam doesn't get a pass, and they get railed as such.
GoG actually gives you a choice. You can take the game and put it on physical media if you so desire, and it will wind up costing you less than it would buying physical media outright because corporations mark things way higher than they need to be because of shelf space; the actual physical media is cheap as hell.

There's also a good reason why data donuts are going away. They're obsolete despite the fact we haven't found a real replacement for them besides storing their contents locally.

>don't pretend it is the same as an actual physical copy
it is LITERALLY the same as a physical copy you mongoloid
the only thing you're missing is paying daddy megacorp more money to package the CD and mark up the price 80x while loading it with DRM
holy shit

>but what if their servers go down!
The fuck is this argument? Backup your shit, dumbass. If you lose a DVD does fucking gamestop owe you another one?

Dude, it's a standard practice in Poland. It barely made any profit but it made fuckton of revenue. That's because they inflate operating costs to make revenue small and thus pay less in taxes. Literally all companies in Poland do that.

Games are going digital because producing physical boxes and copies of the game is heck’n Expensive to the publishers. GOG might not be raking in dough but it IS making money still. So as long as it isn’t a drain and CD Projekt Red is planning on releasing their own games, GOG will help reduce the cost of getting their games to the consumer.
Not really any reason to shut it down.

physical is cancer and antithical to how computer programs actually operate
digital distribution for digital products
don't bother giving me a (You) I know you're that deranged physicalfag