Shit tier achievements

>Complete the game without being knocked down or dying on hard difficulty

Attached: 136915881110492.gif (100x100, 11K)

>achievement require friends

Attached: 1550040319782.png (285x300, 179K)

Half the HOI4 achievments:
>Pray that our retarded peace deals will not screw you over or otherwise you will have to invade the entired world
>Unless you play in the faction of the UK and US every single ally will be utterly retarded and just eat up your supply while contributing nothing to the fight
>Have fun building up a fleet and thousands of naval bombers for years only to invade some dumb islands because your allies decided to split their fleet and lose it in the first 10 days of the war
>When you are about to defeat the last major country some irellevant shithole at the end of the world will become a major so you have to invade them as well
>Win the war after hours of grinding and depseration so that your "allies" can steal that one province form you in the peace deal you you can fight the whole world again

>giving a fuck about achievements

zoomer impulse is to obey

Attached: your hat.jpg (720x720, 57K)

Rolled 5 (1d6)

>Being a scrub

>"welcome!" started the game
>"the first of many" killed something
>"there are many like it but this one is mine" upgraded a gun
>"the bigger they are....." defeated (not really) the first boss

I like the ones that are basically a checklist to make sure I didn't miss any optional stuff or the ones that are a test of skill.
If the achievement is like "now complete the game again on this new difficulty" then it can go fuck itself. I have way too many games in my backlog and too little time, already.

>play Mahjong
fucking Yakuza

>Seraphic Gatekeeper - Defeat the ultimate foe waiting for you at the end of the ultimate challenge
>1 G(amerscore)

>sonic all stars racing transformed
>930/1000 forever because didnt do the time trial glitch before it was patched, and dont have friends to do 4 player splitscreen with

Attached: 1431428913191.jpg (640x488, 83K)

>Multiplayer tied achievements
One thing is the concept being implemented in a completely wrong way... and then that shit.

>Saving a thumbnail

Attached: 1552297246940.png (1375x807, 1.09M)

- Win 10 ranked matches in a row in fighters
- Multiplayers chievos
- Way harder for nothing chievos, like mein leben in wolfenstein 2

THIS
Mahjong is the only reason i don't have any yakuza platinum beside the yakuza 6 one ( but it was way too easy and not satisfying)

Is this star ocean?
Looks like a tri ace thing.

Maybe infinite undiscovery.

>not turning of all achievements notifications
>ever looking at trophies
>caring about two lines of text written by some no name who probably isn't even a part of the developmental team

Such a good game

Attached: 1552115483503.jpg (500x426, 10K)

>Beating game on hardest difficulty achievement doesn't give you the achievements for beating the game on lower difficulties

I really want to but I stopped playing years ago and I don't have the power to restart and relearn everything
Infinite Undiscovery

>achievement unlocked: pre-ordered the game

>Multiplayer achievements simply because there will be a point where the game reaches EoL.
This is not even going into the whole situation of it ruining online because everyone is aiming for them and some of them are so ridiculously dumb you'll never get them without boosting (Halo is notorious for this like the Mongoose splatter in FFA Lone Wolf)
>Co-op achievements where you need to beat something on a certain difficulty or do something at the same time, especially if it's online and lag is involved.
Good luck finding not only the time to do this but someone equal to your skill level.
>Achievements with more than two people in general.
>Beat every single difficulty and they're not retroactive.
>Any one on Microsoft's side that doesn't end in a 5 or a 0.
Thankfully companies learned to stop being idiots but holy crap is it pure evil when you look at some old lists. Marathon and Bullet Witch are examples that pop into mind instantly. I think The Orange Box did it as well.
>Anything that's missable at all, especially collectibles.

Attached: 1525008593770.jpg (720x701, 40K)

>ninja gaiden 2 achievements
>catherine achievements

Attached: 1449042172644.png (1023x619, 156K)

DMC5 does this and it's awful. I don't want to do Human.

>kill 10 more hobbes than cocky negro

Attached: whisper.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Just buy 4 controller like every nolifer. It is cheap now. As for the time trials, I did it without any glitches, pure suffering, but the game is just too good.

Now someone finish Boom Boom Rocket for me because it is imfuckingpossible.

Attached: the horror.png (863x174, 24K)

Naw man i cant do it...i got 1000/1000 for the first sonic racing game and it was fun. I did a few of the time trials in transformed but know i couldnt do them all. If it was just the regular tracks i would go for it, but no way in hell i want to do it twice with mirror mode

Catherine achievements aren’t hard. Ninja Gaiden 2 are retarded though

Sometimes I wish the devs were forced to actually do their achievements.
>1000 banana crates
>bullshit broken difficulties in broken games
>unobtainable achievements BY DEFAULT

>Those devs that don't even have the common courtesy to patch their broken achievements and just let the game stay with an unbeatable list.

>Multiplayer achievements
The logic behind the harder ones is usually the logic behind all the hard ones: they are not meant for everyone. If you are really good in the game you get it if not then move on. Naturally if you are an achievement hunter you boost it anyway. Just saying.
>Co-Op
I like those in general IF I have someone to do with but bullshit like Guitar Hero 3 is over the line.
>Anything Missable
Long ones are usually ruin games. "Collect everything in the game" is extremely common. If there is no free roam after the story or no free roam at all then you have to play with a guide from the start. Who will restart a 100+ hours game for collectibles?
I'm preparing for Dead Rising 4 right now which is a huge grindfest and collectablethon and I already know about one thing I have to do asap or the 100% will be unobtainable about a 100 hours later. Thank You fucking devs I have to play with a dozen checklist.

Really enjoyed Catherine, even with the never ever patched (EU) bug. I think that game has a learning good curve (with guides lololol).

NG2 is pure suffering. Too bad I can't finish the DLCs and missed out the online glitch (fastest 360 patch ever)

You don't have to do both. Either the normal or the mirror, you can even mix it up.

>Be first on the global leaderboard

Are you...fucking...serious?! So thats just 20 tracks and ive done a few already. I see light...its possible! Thank you breh! If i could power through that ill get 2 other controllers and race all 4 by myself on ocean view or that jsr map

>Ubi releases Raving Rabbids on Wii
>the extra mode is bugged because rabbids (devs) can't do math and you can't get enough points to unlock the last tiers
>Ubi releases RR on X360 as well
>achievement to complete all the extra modes to 100% (which is bullshit by default)
>don't fix the points bug so 3 achievement is unobtainable by default
>players ask Ubi to patch it
>Official answer "not worth it"
And this is how you know it even the devs can't complete their bullshit game.

>die in a very dumb way
>achievement unlocked: die of [dumb shit]

Attached: 1524771545522.jpg (1015x852, 356K)

What online glitch? A trick that helps with the dlcs is pulling up the weapon switch menu, then press a/b together. you will load back in with nothing in your hand (so you cant attack) but you will be invincble. Only time i had to use this was the mission with the greater fiend boss rush and genshin in the watery bridge. Come to think of it, you might be able to guillotine throw still

>final achievement of the game
>neither the name of the achievement or its description tell you how to unlock it, it's just a generic "you're the best" line
>even after getting 100% collectibles it doesn't unlock
>looking it up only brings up speculation threads on how to get it, no actual answers
Fucking Katamari Reroll

>pirate games
>don't have to autistically do achievements
Laughing at you faggots.But whenever there are achievements on games I bought I feel obligated to do them all, sometimes it's suffering

>multiplayer achievements
yeah, fuck you dev.

Name ONE (1) game that does this.

What is half of the Darkest Dungeon achievements

>have to buy Sony's special snowflake webcam to platinum Burnout Paradise

what the absolute fuck

>they are not meant for everyone.
I get it, but at the same time they have ridiculous requirements if you do want to attempt them and usually the only solution is to get so incredibly lucky it's almost unfathomable or just outright requires boosting or an entire team's worth of cooperation. Assassin's Creed Brotherhood for example has some ones no player would legitimately get without everyone on the opposing team helping him. It's stuff like
>In one game of Invasion which lasts like two or three minutes on each side you have to call out three opponents for your friend and then they have to successfully stun them, then when you switch you do the same but they have to kill them.
>Have to get 15 separate accolades in one game which is less than a handful of minutes and of these accolades it's essentially poisoning someone and hoping someone doesn't kill them, killing people in various states of being seen, stunning them, stunning multiple people in a row, killing someone in a crowd, using almost every ability, etc.
Halo 3 requires you to play a perfect game on one very specific map and get above 30 kills (Meaning no dying), and another requirement was to Spartan Laser someone in a FFA Lone Wolf match as two people were riding in a Warthog (Never happens).

Then there's the ones where the multiplayer was tacked on and the list is full of grind. Tomb Raider 2013 is a perfect example where you have to get to level 60 and to get 2 levels with someone boosting you takes 20 minutes. That means just to hit level 60 is 10 hours of nonstop boosting. Uncharted 4 also has the Survival Mode trophies that require you to not only grind yourself out to max level on multiplayer (Or it might have just been in Survival mode) but you also have to find four people to beat every single level on Crushing, and every way to make it easier for players gets patched out as soon as Naughty Dog got wind of it.

Yes, just stick to the originals to be sure. I suggest reading achievement guides trueachievements, truetrophies, xboxachievements playstationtrophies, there are a tons for most games.

I may be wrong but if you have the game on disk you can delete the patch and do it offline with glitches. I did it legit on the original 20 levels. I remember the snow level was one of the hardest. Usually Sonic is the way but on some specific leves you have easier time with other characters. Read guides.

Im no stranger to reading guides trust me. I just never bothered because the description says beat all the ghosts and i thought it literally meant all. It sucks that im rusty at the game now but still...i have all the achievements in all sonic games except free riders cause i never had a kinect. All but transformed

I know the no weapon glitch but I got my ass handed to me on a 100 enemy level so much I gave up. Don't know if I go back to it because I'm absolutely trash in the weapon specific challenges anyway, and there is no glitch for that.

The online glitch worked for a few days after the dlc was first released. They patched it crazy fast (probably because Team Ninja had a good relationship with MS), usually the process takes 2 weeks at least. I played mostly offline back then so I missed the news.

So the online glitch was basically this: the NG dlc supported a replay feature, you could download and watch replays of other players from the top of the leaderboard. These replays were in game, so much it even loaded the other players ingame profile under your gamertag briefly. So when you watched a replay and the game checked the ingame profile in the end it noticed all the tracked achievements are completed. Of course you needed someone who completed all the achievements, but all the top leaderboard tags did it. You could unlock 230G out of 250 by just watching a single replay if I remember correctly.

Xenoblade X: fall into a hole and die 100 times

There is only one hole in the entire game

The spartan laser one was obtainable with any vehicles. There was a specific level you had really high chance to get it. I remember it because I was really into H3 like most people back then and got everything legit but the fucking overkill. I was sooo close to it many times. The most memorable
>play snowbound
>get the sword
>out in the open on top of one of the U shaped building
>guy rushes me
>cut him down
>another guy rushes me just as I turn
>cut him down
>another guy rushes me from the back
>cut him down
>fourth guy out of nowhere
>miss the swing
>ded
>FFFFsjdlfdhfjhdskh

Those weapon challenges really arent that hard. They seemed daunting to me but not one took me more than 4 tries. You start to get a good feel for the most powerful combo. Anyway, wow that glitch is really something else. What really makes it crazy is how fast the patching process was, like they absolutely wanted the achievements to be earned legit because they made that shit hard for a reason. I know i wouldve exploited that and save myself the insanity. At least the DLC is still up and it was patched though instead of gone forever. Because i bought and did this in 2016 to finally get the 1250/1250.

>someone got paid a decent wage to sit and come up with stupid "witty" names for all the achievements

Oh heres another one

>210/250 for marble blast ultra forever because there was 3 dlcs (1 was free, thats the extra 10 points) and now they are all gone, and everyone in the lobby needs to have the dlc to load the map

JUST

Attached: 1433268247669.jpg (456x320, 31K)

Through the years I always noticed if devs had some disadvantage from a bug it was usually patched relatively quickly, but if the players suffered then nobody cared.

Overwatch had a few glitches with seasonal events but after the first one was up relatively long (almost a whole week because it was holiday I guess) the next ones were made with server side patching in mind. They could patch it mid game without any need of restarting anything.
>fucking junkeinstein hardest difficulty
>cheese symmetra wave with wall glitch
>die
>next game it won't work anymore
>bullshit borderline unobtainable achievements for certain characters
>lol never fix it

I don't know which is worse
>remove game/dlc/mp servers one day without telling beforehand
>remove game/dlc/mp servers, telling it beforehand but not enough time to complete it

Was it? My bad then, I just remember Warthogs because they would be the ones people would try to take over the most and had the longest time to kick someone out of it. I had to boost pretty much all the Lone Wolf stuff because I'm awful at FFA modes and I will never end up getting some of those DLC map ones.

>Scott Pilgrim Knives DLC came out right before it got delisted.
>If you didn't get the DLC from Gamestop/Best Buy within the year or two after then it was impossible to get it.
>Didn't even know the DLC came out until years after the codes had all been sold/expired.

Attached: 1282631671791.jpg (551x527, 65K)

>beat the game in X amount of time
nothing pisses me off more than speeding through a game.

Definitely the first. At least with the second, the achievement autists can gather on their sites and quickly make an attempt

>achievements that are nothing but a long, tedious, grind.

Looking at you Compile Heart. Most of your non Neptuina games has one achievement that is "kill 10,000 monsters".

For example, Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force had that. After doing EVERYTHING ELSE (which includes beating the game 3 times), I only had 4k enemies left.

Other long grind achievements I hated were getting Fishing and Survival skills to level 10 in FFXV because you couldn't tell skill level progress unless you camped, he finishing game was boring, and it took like 2 hours of straight walking around to get survival from level 9 to level 10.

>use [dead online feature no longer supported]

Warthogs were a deathtraps in most Halos, so not many people used them other than quick transportation sometimes. It was actually a double kill with laser. It was easier to shoot ghosts with a laser because people regularly bumped and tried to board/splatter each other. So the perfect map was High Ground. Plenty of ghosts on the open area and a laser on top of the highest tower with only one entry point. You could get a close range weapon nearby, then camp the laser. When you saw an opportunity of people grouping up you charged the laser and waited. If you heard someone coming you switched and shoot him. It took a long time but I really liked the game so didn't matter.

Attached: High_Ground_Sniper-Gate_View.jpg (1536x1152, 388K)

I remember there was an achievement in some NBA game where a 1000 players had to be online at the same time. Through some incredible group effort people did it when the game was completely dead, just before the server shutdown.

Yep, Omega Quintet had the 10K kills trophy too, and it was my last trophy needed for the platinum by a long shot.

I don't know why I got that in Omega Quintet but didn't get the FFF:ADF one