files.catbox.moe/qzspuo.webm
clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
youtube.com/watch?v=Q3kk7J58L4w
twitch.tv/videos/404927808
youtube.com/watch?v=tso8u4OJLuI
youtube.com/watch?v=rp0jAGtXDYc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

-d

Attached: Shinobi_Hunter_Eshin_of_Misen.0.jpg (1200x800, 208K)

A REMINDER THAT BLOODBORNE IS THE HARDEST GAME THIS GENERATION NOT JAPAN SOULS

Why do people say Lady Butterfly is hard when O'Rin is 10 times harder?

Just hit him as often as you can and spam dodge when the red symbol appears.

Holy fuck, stop playing games with bam ham combat

>press B

wow, so hard

learn mikiri counter and press circle when they charge forward
every spear user becomes a free kill

Get Mikiri Counter
Then later get Ichimonji.

Just stab him in the back, run away into the bushes, and then do it again after he stops chasing you.
I don't get why this game even has stealth. Enemies reset health when you lose aggro and you have a billion defensive options.

He will reset if you try that.

So you have 1 less life bar to deal with it if you are a nancy boy, i think you can even get 2 life bars out of true monk even.

This happens in every souls game

Because those people quit before they reach o'rin

game is just bad
proof here
files.catbox.moe/qzspuo.webm

Not having easy mode is literally discriminating the disabled!

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02-14-26-05-329_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 257K)

If you keep losing to this you might as well drop the game.
He´s barely harder than a usual soldier.

>O'Rin
>hard
Just deflect and jump over her sweep attack . Don't even bother attacking.

Like almost every boss in this game O'Rin is only hard until you "get it." She's basically Ashina Elite 2.0, in that you don't even bother trying to damage her, you just bait flurry attacks and spam deflect, usually followed by a jumpkick counter. She kills her own posture meter.

Attached: hurryup.png (569x705, 451K)

This guy is literally one of the easiest sub bosses in the game.

Pretty sure that strategy wouldn't keep the core vision of the game for the developers, which is what you want when thinking about easy modes and difficulty levels.

Infinite res in Sekiro would basically make you disregard the posture system and allow you to just spam attacks with no defense or strategy and eventually win, especially on bosses like Ape and owl who let you damage their HP more

Attached: 1554137243295.jpg (500x338, 97K)

Sekiro is discriminatory in the sense that it requires two hands and a working brain to play, just like 95% of games. Why Sekiro is ableist but Super Mario isn't is beyond me.

>Literally crying
Holy moly.

Reminder that it doesn't make it good

Attached: 1536972993276.jpg (272x385, 26K)

i love those bass drops

LITERALLY LITERALLY LITERALLY

Guy made a pretty cool beat with his controller

Sekiro: Pussies Cry Twice

I've seen a girl who had no idea what she was doing just spam attack and occasionally block, and beat Shinobu Hunter without using mikiri. How can people be this bad?

>clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
is this a satire or parody or ironic it's notreal right?

>clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
>anime all over his profile
>bad at games
checks out

I watched that whole stream and this wasn't even the first time he did that. Every single time he got hit he was like "I FUCKING LITERALLY HIT DODGE WTF THE GAME IS BROKEN" He was fucking sperging out for hours. Can't wait for more.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 2.18.04 AM.png (1264x488, 97K)

>only plays weebs

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02-17-21-09-137_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 710K)

Why do these people stream vidya gaymes ? He is playing this like a hack and slay and he reads none of the text boxes. This is DSP tier.

>ACK ACK ACK
>How was I supposed to know that ? *snort*
>This game is bullshit!
>I was blocking! ACK ACK ACK

>adding easy mode would in no way take away from your own hardcore experience
you cannot argue this

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1200x630, 317K)

It's a guessing game for non-gooks. Is it a sweep, a stab or a grab attack? No way to tell if you don't speak gook and without just learning patterns from experience.

She has playthroughs of several FromSoft games on her YouTube channel where she cheeses every part she can, and spergs out like that and blames the game pretty much every time she gets hit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q3kk7J58L4w

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 2.23.39 AM.png (1262x718, 188K)

Part of my experience is watching others suffer.

Or you could just look at the animation, you retard.

Orin wasnt that bad the fucking monk was worse

>she
>her

Attached: 1553906882548.png (525x525, 372K)

>She

Attached: 1448804967455.gif (164x300, 2.14M)

It's just the kanji for danger and you are supposed to learn the enemy's moveset. It's actually pretty easy on this boss.
Hint: The guy with the giant spear might us that spear to poke you. Do you remember the first skill you unlock that tells you that you can counter spear attacks ? No ? Ok, just throw your controller dude, totally the game's fault :^)

The animation in OP could be interpreted as a delayed thrusting attack that you can counter. The only way to truly know without experience is if you can understand the moon runes that flash on the screen and tell you outright.

It's the same kanji for everything

Adding easy mode would undermine the whole point of the game.
You literally cannot argue this.

Except the moon run doesn't change regardless of whether it's a thrust or a sweep, idiot.

How many switches do you guys think she will destroy?

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 2.21.28 AM.png (1268x452, 108K)

He can poke you, OR he can grab you and kill you in one hit. Did you play the game?

Attached: Untitled.png (926x65, 12K)

Yes and he is no problem at all. Once you learn to Mikiri he becomes trivial.

This guy is utter fuckikng bullshit, you literally can't tell what he is gonna do
The best thing you can do is clear the area, stealth > backstab and then lure him to the stairs and cheese him by dodging around him
Honestly everything in the first 2 hours is so poorly designed it hurts (the game gets significantly better after that)

>bhuum bhumm bhumm bhuum bhumm

That's complete horseshit.
Knowing that there is no easy way to beat this game dramatically increases the satisfaction I feel when I finally manage it.
Shitters are just salty about being looked down upon for being shitters.

>weeaboo autist who makes anime his entire persona
>shit at video games
>gets so mad at a miniboss that he breaks his controller and starts crying
this is why people make fun of anime posters

Attached: 1515913659556.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

Not the point, dumb dumb. His grab attack can be interpreted as something you can counter, which you can't. Upon dashing into his attack to counter, he'll just stop you in your tracks regardless of i-frame and kill you.

One thing that' really nice about O'Rin is that if you die and resurrect, you can just scram and escape to the idol with ease and try again at full strength at no loss.

That said, O'Rin is pretty weak to hit and run tactics. Her posture isn't the strongest so if you're good enough at the game you can just deflect break her relatively quickly, but even if you don't have the confidence for that you can just run circles around her and get charge stabs onto her after her attacks until she goes down.

>tranny
>mentally unstable

Checks out

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-02-17-30-15-386_com.android.chrome.png (1080x1920, 367K)

Another tip one of his thrust attacks has a huge wind up. Just counter that one and break his posture. If there is no danger kanji without wind up you can reduce his vitality. Why do you wanna Mikiri if you can't read his movement ? Are you dumb ?

Is this potentially the second coming of Christopher Weston Chandler?

What fucking happened? What is people's aversion to the slightest difficulty? Don't people enjoy the rush you get when you beat something you struggled with before, the sense of actual improvement? It's amazing to me that there is someone out there who wants everything to be easy like that, the solution to every difficulty is just to step back and see what you did wrong, sometimes it just takes you needing a break to think about it.

Attached: 1536723720984m.jpg (1024x553, 50K)

So it's a tranny too?

She

Part of what makes beating a difficult game rewarding is the knowledge that you did something not everyone can do necessarily.
You might call this selfish, but i find it far more selfish to demand that literally no game in existence should be able to provide this kind of feeling when the vast majority of games already caters to literally braindead people.
It's okay for niche games to exist, Souls games, while being fairly popular, are very obviously not trying to appeal to everyone and that is perfectly valid.

>spaces before question mark
>calling anyone dumb
And again, that can be interpreted as a thrust attack with different timing. Dash into the attack to Mikiri counter and you just die. Bad game design, especially when you're punished for dying at that point in the game, with no real way to cure Dragonrot.

Why is every tranny who plays games either a speedrun autist/pro or a brainlet like this who smashes things over not understanding basic mechanics?

Participation award culture. Nothing ever should be a challenge.

Nothing happened, it's always been like that. There's a reason gaming was considered a niche hobby for weirdos back when games were almost all difficult, and the broader appeal has directly coincided with games getting easier.
Your typical normie never wants to struggle, they want a participation award so they can pin a hobby on their identity because to them it's just a fashion statement, like an anime avatar and blue hair.

You do know there's a specific counter that you can use to bait him into thrusts and break his guard for free right? Anyway the dumbest fucking part before that encounter is the stupid shield faggots. You gotta use the stupid fucking axe to break their shields, otherwise it takes forever to actually kill them cause they just stand around like idiots never doing anything. But apparently I'm a fucking brainlet and I haven't found the axe yet, so every fucking time I gotta go and take 10 fucking minutes baiting those assholes into charging or something to slash them behind their backs. What a piece of shit designed enemy, only wastes your time unless you use the game's stupid fucking gimmick.

>Game's fun

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 2.35.20 AM.png (1258x392, 98K)

This. The monk keeps wrecking me because I keep falling for the unblockable attacks that crush through my block but don't show the unblockable icon.

No it cannot. It's always a thrust attack. You just need to use a strategy for the boss or alternatively git gud scrub

You can cheese out O'rin.
Put the graves between you and her and spam mortal blade, which damages through block.

You can also get a backstab on her by standing behind her and throwing something at her (like a ceramic shard)

*triple dabs on Fromtards*

Attached: triple-dab.webm (1280x720, 428K)

>once you realize that you're not working to actually reduce your opponent's HP to zero, but to max out posture bar.
This. Bosses literally kill themselves.

Lady Butterfly is potentially your first boss

How can people not realize this after the horse dude. Posture breaking him is so fucking easy and cuts the fight really short.

It's bizarre. I'm usually incredibly shitty with these games and when I got to Lady Butterfly early on I was thinking I made a bad purchase because I thought I would never beat that boss. Then I did and the game has been an incredible rush for the 35 hours I've been playing so far. It's at the right amount of difficulty to me that I think anybody can get through given some practice. I don't know what it so difficult with saying "This game is not for me", all these people can't admit this and they shit on a perfectly good game.

good luck posture breaking owl2 without chipping away at his life bar first

Not really, the tells for thrusts or sweeps are pretty consistent even if the animations are different for each enemy. If the weapon is high and facing you, it's a thrust. If the weapon is low and to the side, it's a sweep. The only struggle is being able to react to a boss like Sword Saint who doesn't telegraph his moves as much as others, so you have less frames of startup animation to deal with

Like Orin, Monk can be cheesed hard.
As it is a phantom, snapseeds work.
Further more, spamming phantom kunai from range also damages through block with zero risk to yourself.

Combine both of these and it's health get put to the point where I has a difficult time trying to recover posture.

This.
I ran into her first and struggled because I hadn't really grasped the flow of the game yet. Everything after has been easier, simply because I play better.

twitch.tv/videos/404927808

Gave a 40 minute lecture today in an effort to get people to stop saying "git gud"

Just use Mikiri Counter you fucking retard

How much of a fucking brainlet can you be? I learned that when that symbol flashes on screen it mean it's a special kind of weapon attack because I jumped to evade it and then consequently jumped on top of the enemy's weapon again for a free hit. I also quickly learned those attacks are NOT meant to be parried. Then I immediately learned about the counter and put two and two together and figured "Oh so I can counter those special red attacks for FREE damage"

>And those who get it are crying bitch tears when something doesn't adhere to this rule
Are you mad that I didn't mention Monkey Dick 2 as well, you autist?

I've use anime stuff instead of 3dpd shit all the time too, but unlike I am actually good at games and beat Sekiro no problem.

Lady Butt and Horsefucker really helped me getting good. Posture breaking is fucking great

O'rin is LITERALLY just deflect and jump, the movie.

She's a joke if you completely ignore her vit, because she's so aggressive and has ass posture.

Sekiro is a game about exploiting player panic and the unblockable icon only reinforces that

If you remain 100% calm and have already been paying attention to their animations without stopping you already know what attack is coming before the icon even pops up on screen

the icon exists to either fuck up your brain by sending it into panic mode where you try to autopilot or if your will is steel youll use the proper type of counter for the animation you already see winding up

mikiri counter and jump kick are both easier both in the moment and in the overall posture battle than trying to deal with the unblockables by dodging

Nobody is good at anything at first, the experience and struggle is what makes you improve, you're forced to adapt if you wish to continue, that's why I don't get people asking for the easy way out, you gain nothing from it. I guess it's also the reason why Fighting games aren't so popular anymore, but it's one of those things I really love because it's just like I explained before.

kek
He realized he's become a laughing stock and is trying to damage control.
>I didn't expect the controller breaking to be clipped
Yeah idiot, you're fucking streaming publicly, people can see you.
Making videos like this will just make him look worse.

>I shouldn't pass as a woman, you should just accept women can look like a 40yo balding man with a beard
>I shouldn't lose weight, you should just accept that blocked arteries, obesity and dying early is healthy
Entitlement, the funny thing is how long it took me to make the connection, early in 2014 when the "entitlement" meme happened, they were literally just projecting, the same reason why time and again the "male feminists" turn out to be convicted rapists.

He's just the most extreme example. There are plenty of bosses that regen their posture too quickly at full vit.

the funny part is that people without arms who put in the effort have been vastly better at multiple games than any games journalist on the planet

there was literally a blind person competing at mortal kombat 9 at one point but then again that has been quietly swept under the rug a bit after some nigga won by exploiting that blindness on a meta level

>[The controller] was a couple years old, and a lot of the buttons were failing, which is why I think I had some of my trouble ... I think it was partially the controller being on its way out, cause it was multiple years old. It had seen a lot of use.

There's Brolylegs who is a great street fighter player who also plays with his mouth, and I know a Blind player too who goes to my locals, he's pretty good and plays by ear.

That's because journos can beat Super Mario, which is an easy game anyway. If Mario was hard, they would surely complain about that too. They only cry ableism, because they refuse to accumulate skill and rather think that every game should cater to them.
Not to mention that they're complete jokes and only a fool would take anything seriously said by a journo.

>spam mortal blade
You can actually use mortal blade outside of immortal executions?

Attached: cat confused.png (382x417, 325K)

Well yeah that's the intended mechanic for big enemies. The bigger they are the more their gameplay changes to big attacks, more time with their defenses down (less deflecting) and thus the need to go after their hp first. It's there to keep things fresh on your toes

>when i linked this video in the general it had 20-30views
>25k

Attached: unknown_75.png (643x633, 371K)

There's a mortal blade skill, check for it when you get the chance.

Not even going to bother commenting on his skills of execution, but I can't help but question his general gaming awareness.
I mean he does asses that dodging in that fashion doesn't work very well, but if he does realize that then why does he keep trying to?

This isn't Dark Souls. Your dodge does not have iframes like that of the Souls games. If the way you're dodging does not work, at the very least try something else instead of trying to master something that is clearly not very effective.

>not just mikiri counter
you have to go back to souls

It's a combat art that costs spirit emblems.

You can still use it after you're out of emblems but it loses much of its damage/range

Oh my god, and then he goes on to blame it on his dad beating him when he was a kid twelve and a half minutes in.

Journalists and a big portion of "gaymers" dont actually like games, they want interactable hollywood summer blockbusters

Nobody with the mindset of "how do i see the next cutscene and then never play this game again" is going to appreciate the way that from games play to the strengths of the medium rather than running away from them

if sekiro was a book the main character would struggle against the odds, in a game that is passed onto the player and if anything it can reveal character on a meta level and make the experience stronger than merely reading or watching a character go through trials

t. writer

thats exactly how he was playing, people simply dont want to talk about it in the community too much because his opponent mirror matched him so that he couldnt use the characters sounds as clues anymore

Mortal Draw, the combat skill you unlock when you get the mortal blade. My bad. Good range and damages through block.

Admits to being a NEET (and of course blames other factors than himself) at 14:45. Is anyone else fascinated by this guy?

>Is anyone else fascinated by this guy?
No, because we're not autistic faggots orbitting internet trannies.

Worst part is you can see he is a JRPG weabo reflex kiddie.

Attached: Capture.jpg (1041x543, 103K)

Does this dipshit think the simple mechanics & lack of depth would be good and satisfying without the difficulty?

Hey, speak for yourself. I miss the golden age of CWC

Killed him on my third try after learning the timing for thrust counters and the moves he does which are like a grand total of 3. git gud retard

That mini boss was easy, it's other that give me a hard time.

almost easier than DeS not counting cursed chalice shit
>pcope

Half the point is that it's relatively common now. CWC was interesting because there was no trainwreck like it, these days however, You don't have to look hard to come across on of these retards.

Thats bullshit. The game should have set rules and you use all of them to beat it. If you have to restrict yourself to only a fraction of what the game has to offer in order for the game to feel challenging the it's crap game design. With the same logic, you can take any game and be like, just play with your eyes closed, that will make it hard.

To play devil's advocate, some people just want to have fun and enjoy games user. Some people dont like getting stuck in one boss that is wasting their time

Attached: 1544459173947.jpg (612x574, 66K)

>Just fuck having any sort of coincidences and learning from your mistakes, my dude.

Good to see Klepek's opinions are still worthless as all fuck though.

But to that, I say is the challenge of any game not a big portion of the fun? There are plenty of casual type games you can play for that feeling you describe.

Attached: 1465324345654.jpg (600x598, 71K)

Sure, but those people shouldn’t look at a game that’s pretty much being advertised as difficult as their catalyst for what they consider “fun”. The fun of these games isn’t that they’re immediately accessible and inviting, it’s the fact that at one point, your skill is carrying you through a game you have time and time again convinced yourself is truly impossible. The high I get off of defeating some bosses is immeasurable, and people are just being stubborn and dismissive if they are complaining

Oh... I have ignored skills and prosthetic upgrades for so long.
I'm at Owl now and I'm still at second tier stuff in unlocks.

Attached: riki3.jpg (288x233, 24K)

kinda agree with this, but everyone should know what theyre getting into with every game, especially one as niche as this. i dont think the majority vast majority of the souls crowd ever played those games enjoyed the sheer challenge of it, rather than to say to themselves that they beat it. sekiro just happened to expose those people with the removal of summons, overleveling, etc. it unironically filtered shitters desu.

>"entitlement" meme
It annoys me how it's used incorrectly too.
Entitlement is bestowed upon you by someone or something. Self-entitlement is what you bestow upon yourself.
Usually when people say "entitled", they mean "self-entitled".

Attached: das2.jpg (640x495, 77K)

>out of healing and at 5% health for last minute of boss fight and then win
what an amazing feeling

How do people rage silently like this and just straight up start destroying their stuff? I've seen a lot of these in rage compilations.

When I rage I shout and curse a lot and maybe slam the table at most.

Attached: 1446184523160.jpg (883x341, 250K)

Jesus fuck how can you be this salty

Attached: 1552805981326.png (880x962, 613K)

Kinda weird, because I was a summon whore pew pew main on DS, but still having fun here. I don't know why people can't just try something different.

>what is thrust counter
I know the timing is off and it's not the spearfag but same shit, that the enemy does a thrust means free damage to their posture

Attached: sekiro 2019.04.02 - 04.06.26.01.webm (1366x768, 2.94M)

Difficulty modes need to be eradicated or at the very least easy modes should be hidden away in the settings as "handicap options" with warning dialog saying this isn't the intended way.

Attached: donald.jpg (223x226, 14K)

I remember when DeS made its way to the west and people found out that dying lowers your health. The amount of whining was almost as bad as with Sekiro

>dying to spearfags
OH NO NO NO

Attached: laughed_so_hard_milk_came_out_of_my_eye.jpg (390x470, 115K)

I hear this a lot, matter a fact the phrase "I feel like a God" describing that moment when you get the boss and can beat them easy. But some people dont feel that way, some people just feel relieve that they can finally progress through the game and not get stuck with the same boss

>As it is a phantom, snapseeds work.
Wait what? Really?
That said I had a really easy time with the monk. Not saying that I am particularly great at the game or anything but the Monk is comparably slow other bosses, and stays vulnerable for an usually long time after most of its attacks.
So I just hit her after her big attacks and backed off.

yeah and they have plenty of other games to play if they like
i don't always play challenging games i like to partake in the viva pinata and super mario games from time to time

They didn't actually learn and either lucked out or cheesed the fight.
You need to be on top of things to feel like a god.

>everyone saying this game is super hard
>mfw playing this after S ranking DMD DMC5
I feel like a lot of you spam the dodge instead of jumping out of the way.

Attached: 1546663450592.jpg (375x375, 39K)

>jumping out of the way.
you're supposed to deflect 99.99% of all attacks

>jumping
How far in are you ?

theres a reason why its why of the first abilities in the game you can buy

Personally I can't really help but wonder what people asking for an easy mode are even after.
I mean people never asked for a Tetris easy mode or whatever, so why should Sekiro have one?
What does an easy mode offer? I mean progress is worth nothing on its own, it's the gameplay on the path that's what's matter.

then you'd have people who beat Sekiro on easy trying to join in on discussion with everyone else even though they got through on babby mode

Jumping works majority of the time. Sorry you were too brainlet to figure it out

yeah and you're making the game 10x longer because you're doing 0 posture damage by jumping whereas when you deflect it does posture damage

I actually don't understand how anyone had any trouble with O'rin. You just deflect all her attacks and she dies in like 1 minute. Beat her in 1 try

No it doesn't. Dodging correctly is much more efficient and allows you to counterattack right away. All attack with lunges fuck you over if you jump. You may take that skill that allows mid air deflections but then you might as well just deflect on the ground. Sweep attacks are also pretty easy to dodge.

They're escapists who want to be the cool shinobi without any of the effort, storyfags who bought the wrong game or just journalists.
I can't imagine how a person can lack so much pride they'd demand an easy mode. It's like putting training wheels on your bicycle as a full-grown adult.

adding an easy mode would remove the prestige from beating the game

It's like putting training wheels on your bicycle as a full-grown adult.
i didn't have a father to teach me how to ride a bike would it be bad if i had training wheels on to get good at it?

i was taking a shit ton of posture damage despite parrying
and i suck at reading enemies with fluid animations like o'rin and monk

Training wheels are for people who haven't yet developed motor skills, a sense of balance and critical thinking - children or women.
As an adult male you should learn how to ride a bicycle without training wheels.

>hits sounds like time stop effects

Attached: 1554022532822.jpg (1280x720, 264K)

The training wheels of Sekiro is Hanbei the Undying.

You can never get posture broken unless you miss a deflect

Followed. I look forward to his next stream

guess i ain't learning to ride a bike anytime soon i don't wanna fall off the bike and hurt myself

Attached: 1551829483801.gif (500x230, 941K)

>i don't want to fail
Good luck with ever succeeding in life.

shit really? i kept backing out to recover posture

i said fall not fail doofus
but correct i don't want to fail it's not a nice feeling to fail

Yeah, your posture only breaks on a block, not a deflect

Nigger just poison her lmao this dude.

Yes, I read correctly. Falling is failing.

Also, your posture recovers faster while guarding if you didn't know. Tons of ppl missed that info

Weak lonely man is drawn to anime, he can't compete in the hierarchical dominance structure so he becomes feminized and makes himself into his own girlfriend. Sad!

falling is falling
failing is failing

>spam parry the game
>hard
lmao

nigga if u fall of the bike then you have failed at riding the bike.

Attitudes like yours is why we have some many shitty trace on photo painting artists these days too afraid to take off the training wheels and realize they are actually fucking shit.

I honestly worry for anyone who finds O'rin hard. It means you somehow made it through 3/4 of the game without actually grasping the mechanics.

Attached: 1502963373399.jpg (960x720, 105K)

Lmao, the axe is before them faggot

that's a mature reaction

Attached: HIS_T14.png (333x480, 30K)

>It means you somehow made it through 3/4 of the game without actually grasping the mechanics
But that's impressive.

what if i wanted to fall off the bike
then it ain't failing you idiot

>Tons of ppl missed that info
I didn't learn it myself until like halfway into my playthrough.
I don't know if it was ever stated elsewhere, but I simply never got that loading screen that detailed it.

Also, I think it's not all that weird that a lot of people missed it. I mean guarding does increase your posture recovery quite drastically, but putting guard up (the first frames that can parry I suppose but still) does the opposite and freezes your recovery.
So if you are walking and have your posture recover, put your guard up and notice that it stops the recovery, unless you keep guarding it can be really easy to imagine that guarding has the same effect on recovery as running or attacking has. Especially considering the Souls games and its stamina management if you ever played a Souls game before.

It actually took me a while to get used to this because of Souls, where you regenerate energy faster while not blocking.

>There are actually people out there who still don't know how to Mikiri

Attached: Mikiri.webm (960x540, 2.95M)

Well then you had a different goal than riding the bike in the first place? I said falling of the bike is a fail if you are attempting to ride the bike.

Brainlet

yeah but i don't want to ride the bike so i'm not failing or afraid to fail because i don't want to ride a bike
retard

Difficulty depends on your playstyle. If you like to rush things vs. if you can take things patiently and what risks you take... It also affects how you remember things. FTL missiles are and will always feel like a priority threat, even if they aren't.

>This boss and Ogre are at the top of some people's hardest bosses list

Attached: 234132.jpg (351x257, 20K)

They read mikiri description that says it's risky. Therefore they never do it and they never learn it.

Attached: shadows die twice.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

Impressively stupid

sour grapes etc.

nothing sour about not wanting to ride a bike there buddy i'm a sweet grape desu

Is that just a glitch or something? Happened to me too. Sick mikiri tho

>you somehow made it through 3/4
I didn't struggle with O'Rin, but I did O'Rin and the Monk like right after Gyoubu almost.
By the time the story wanted me to return to the area I had already since long completed it.

Yeah it's a glitch. Couldn't damage him or bring up his posture with regular attacks. Only with deflects, mikiri and deathblows could you kill him.

>get true monk down to to sliver of health on last phase on my second try
>already died once on that phase
>she pukes on me and I die of terror right before the deathblow prompt activates
I think that was the worst feeling death I've had in this game.

That feeling when I wanted to upgrade Mikiri, but didn't want to learn the stealth roll.

>monk
>she

Read the lore, fag

Not him, but it's true.

Because Lady Butterfly is the first real casual filter the game throws at you

Read the memory description, brainlet.

Every non-arena boss can be cheesed with ledges.

I cheesed O'rin by standing on these tomb stones and spamming Ichimonji, since it had a low attack box. She slowly walks the side of the ledge to get up, then you jump down to lure her back down again.

Attached: O'Rin cheese.png (1425x759, 1.32M)

Why they call "her" a monk then?

She even sounds like the fat preacher ladies from das3

based

Imagine being so bad you need to cheese one of the easiest minibosses

I've beaten Owl and I'm at corrupted monk 2. Is the game a boss rush afterwhile? It's one of my only complain. The game feels very much like a boss rush and areas in between boss or mini boss are too small. Too bad because the level design is S tier.

the description also calls her a priestess and she sounds like a woman.
Fromsoft sure has a preoccupation with big scary fat women.

What does the bell demon actually do? Increased health? Increased damage?

Attached: 8d6.jpg (200x226, 9K)

junko face makes it 10 times better

>I can take a joke, i know that i'm not good, i am an adult.
>spend 40 minutes of defending himself
hahaha what a loser

What if monk is actually a transgender?
Hence "corrupted".

Those are the only 2 bosses that are clumped together, minus multiphase boss fights that should count as 1 fight.

How the fuck does ANYBODY find O'Rin hard? She was one of the easiest mini-bosses in the game. It's just a few consecutive deflects and that's it.

If you read the description it only make your game harder but with more loot.

honestly much more appropriate for sekiro than it ever was for dark souls

Yeah, I know that, but harder in what way?

All enemies in the game are trash and boring as fuck. You only wanna stealth kill them all to get to the boss fights which have the real mechanics instead of being dumb braindead NPCs that you oneshot. Why would you wanna spend more time in the rest of the game? Also just IMO the level design is trash. The aesthetics are really nice but the design itself feels god awful, though at least it's not as bad as in Nioh

Deepest lore

Increase damage for sure. Health I don't know.

People try to attack her, but she's incorporeal half the time.

I don't understand how you can get that far into the game and still worry about a boss' health and not the posture bar.

Are you nuts ? The interconnected levels and secret areas are numerous and very well design. Everything is coherently done and make the whole game a believable place.

I only think you take more damage.

It's well worth it though. Almost feels like there's a constant mibu possession balloon active.

but it would not allow people unable to finish the game to finish it

you cannot argue this

Attached: 1540329926887.png (243x333, 184K)

Well there was the guy below Owl. It was a mini boss but still. And there was chained ogre 2 in the same level. Ashina castle just feel like a boss rush.

Can't counter a grab attack, famalam. It's not an issue with any other enemy type since it's obvious when they're trying to grab you, except for maybe the Snake-Eyes minibosses with that stupid scythe rifle.

I've had it on ever since I got it, and the game doesn't feel that much harder. I have a fuck ton of mats tho.

>she

blocking is not fun in this game

im just salty. i cant beat the boss at the top of the tower. my posture always breaks when he does his flurry attack. and the tracking on the arrows is not fun either

They really should've given you mekiri counter from the start

And another one in the snake shrine too. And the headless underwater

>I don't understand how you can get that far into the game and still worry about a boss' health and not the posture bar.
It's really bizarre, hell they even tucked the health bar into the corner and stuck the posture bar front and center to really drive it home.

Gotta learn the timing and deflect everything. Your posture doesn't break if you deflect.

Blocking is only useful for reducing your posture bar when the enemy is away from you. Always try to parry since it fucks everyone.

just mikiri dodge lmao, he was easy as fuck and im bad at the game

Dodge backwards twice and charge Ichimonjo so that it hits before he gets hyper armor. His flurry attack creates a good opening and a finisher if you can deflect it.

Try to work on getting your deflection timing down and if you're still struggling on his first healthbar try kiting and hit and run tactics.

It's almost at the start.
I figure they left it for later so it wouldn't feel like they're dumping all the mechanics at you from the start for you to inevitably forget.
You learn new stuff incrementally.

I've never bothered with headless. Which one is the easiest and is it doable without confetti ? Don't want to farm divine confetti for hours.

how big is the window for deflecting. im trying to tap it in rhythm but i keep getting dull blocks.

If you don't feel like parrying, you can dodge to the left for the Ashina Elite and his fancy anime attack will miss you every time.

There is nothing wrong with letting others experience a game how they want. Its only your inflated "gamer" ego and perceived "gamer cred" that has any issue with letting more in on the fun.

I think it's literally imposible without confetti. I did no damage with my r1's once it ran out.

You do need confetti, but you can buy it later in the game. They don't rly give anything that useful, but its a fun challenge. The underwater ones are easier, but it's a pretty different fight than the land ones.

Attached: 1552381628373.jpg (720x720, 42K)

k

>distorted controller smashing noises

i dont like the music, the whistle is grating and stressful.

You do minimal damage and you can't block their shit without getting terrorized after the second swing. Doable if you dodge + attack then back off so you can do it all over again. Having the confetti helps a lot.

it's not about cred or ego, tonnes of people who self admittedly suck can get through sekiro. It's about sharing an experience and overcoming obstacles which is the design philosophy that is pivotal to all these games. Adding an easy mode would fly in the face of what makes these games a unique experience.

They don't give prayer beads ?

O'rin is piss easy by that point in the game you already know how to deflect and shit but butterfly is early on where you may not have grasp the gameplay yet.

Nope

Some drop good loot. Or am I mistaking them for the spooky orb guys?

They give you an item that gives you the sugar buffs. Costs 3 spirit emblems to use but only lasts about 15 seconds.

A game can be more properly balanced if the team focuses only on one difficulty.

>DOESN'T EVEN USE THE NOOBBLOWS
BASED

Attached: 1549748222943.jpg (1024x993, 101K)

Well ok, I wonr bother with them then.

FUCK OWL and his shitty one shot firecracker combo

I really wish there was a way to refight some of the bosses without starting a new game. The boss fights are so fucking fun

>i don't even give a fuck
>*starts crying*

LMAO

I fought her before Lady Butterfly because I was too retarded to see the buddha statue.

Just dodge right lmao

wow action games need you to be reactive and proactive?

From's enemy pathfinding is funny to cheese. The ninjas are especially bad. I killed the one in the memory by making it run off the cliff and the one in the well by jumping up and down the jumping tutorial ledge.

>zoomer's first souls
>hard
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O'RIN IS VERY VERY WEAK TO SABIMARU JUST SO YOU KNOW

I'm stuck Yea Forums, I dont know where to go. After I beat lighting man at the top of the tower I went to multiple places to reach a dead end. I did gun tower, I did the mountain and I'm at the Mibu village and I can't beat that water bitch or the spear monk.
Also Emma won't take my gord seeds.

Never played any of those types of games but since I'm a weeb I like the japan astethic. Would Nioh be a good start for games like that? I hear it easier.

Did you not talk to Kuro?

Give her enough sake and she will glady accept your seed

This is more about journalists not being able to beat the game to meet their article deadlines than actual game balance

I did, he told me to fuck off and find lighting man. I don't know where the fuck he is.

>reminder that only brainlets find bloodborne hard and it's because your only defensive tool is spamming dodge like monga

>No snap seeds
>No grapple
Based!

He told you to follow the smokes that Isshin's boys use as signals.
Smokes you see immediately after you leap out of the window he showed you.

Just mikiri their charged kick and throw a shuriken when they jump. There, ninjas are easy now.

Did you talk to Emma, Kuro then Emma again? Kuro should tell you about the mortal blade, the bottomless hole and some other stuff.

Reasonably big, actually. Knowing how many hits a certain enemy combo has and if they delay one of them mid-combo usually helps, but it's not too hard to master if you stop mashing randomly and hoping things work out.

I thought the smokes were leading to the monkey forest.

>forward thrust attack can be countered
>grab is a forward thrust with a slight wind-up time that can't be countered
>only enemy type in the game with little distinction between grab and attack that can be deflected or countered

>I thought the smokes were leading to the monkey forest.

Attached: 1375841921793.gif (300x300, 566K)

Pretty cool to be honest.
For real though. It's cool when developers expand the controller options or whatever in order to help players with handicaps, but to make an easymode is just condescending.

Where do you talk to Kuro? I'm running around disoriented in different places and I probably missed a ton of areas.

He said to find Isshin, not lightning man

>slight wind-up time
You're so full of shit. The only enemy that doesn't have a distinctive grab are the centipede monks but after seeing it once you know it.

Wait what? who is Isshin?

Sekiro's early game is fucking busted. You get two-shot all game long, but in the early game you don't have potions and deathblows don't heal you, so the first 2 or 3 hours are the hardest portion of the game by far. If they hadn't balanced the early game like ass we wouldn't have so many people whining like this, so it's a shame. Simply giving the player 5 potions to start with would have fixed it.

Attached: 1446382711895.gif (260x291, 2.6M)

The leader of Ashina, he was in the opening cinematic

>deflect a few attacks
>she does the sweep attack
>use the monk jump kick skill
>deals a shitload of posture damage, you can two-shot her with this

I also tried it against corrupted monk and it was the same, god bless buddha

Attached: 1519640909741.gif (267x200, 1.59M)

The game is teaching you not to get hit, dummy.

Attached: 1515831425438.jpg (1200x900, 351K)

Pay attention, brainlet

>dualshock disconnected
Heh.

>files.catbox.moe/qzspuo.webm
>new world order starts playing

The Okami minibosses are way worse than the centipede monks. Even when you see the grab coming, you often get caught anyway because of how wide the effective radius is. You can jump backwards attempting to avoid it and still get pulled in.

help me count the casual filters in sekiro:
1st tier - gaming journalist
>chained ogre
>hirata spear guy
2nd tier - e-girl, top donators
>lady butterfly
>flaming bull
3rd tier - gamer
>genny cheero
>bobby's dad

I thought Lightingman was called Isshin.

lmaoing

>god bless buddha

Attached: 1554012743680.jpg (500x498, 48K)

Judging from this thread, O'rin apparently

I suggest you keep a journal of what NPC's tell you since you obviously lack short term memory.

Nope. They lead to a small tower connected to the main castle. You can also get there from the Dojo bonfire. Just go down the stairs and kill the 2 guys in blue then attack a fake wall. It leads to some stairs and 3 bird dudes. After that you can climb the tower.

Lightningman is Genichiro Ashina, Isshin Ashina's grandson

How the fuck is orin worse than lady butterfly lmao
I don't understand, in this game people seem to have trouble with piss easy bosses and minibosses, like was fucking easy, just mikiri bro. Also I took down corrupted monk at the 3rd try, I was disappointed I thought he was hard af.

O'rin is so very optional though and really easy holy shit

its because they are soulsfaggots
o'rin punishes dodge spammer faggots hard

I keep losing my journal.
Thank you
Ah I see.

how does it play with keyboard and mouse? shit as usual because jappos can't into keyboard and mouse?

Attached: 1551740025904.png (738x669, 235K)

She's definitely one of the hardest minibosses. She will murder your posture with her long combos and is one of the few that actively punishes your healing gourd sips almost instantly.

FUCK MONKEYS

Fuck no, she was one of the easiest. If you just deflect everything, you won't get posture broken, and her attacks are all relatively easy to read. Also, her posture is rly low, so she dies quickly

Attached: qYB7p_cCuf4.png (1080x810, 466K)

>one of the hardest minibosses
really? i took maybe 5 tries against her just to learn her moveset properly.
you stay on defence and deflect her hits until you can counter, just like with every enemy in the game.

For me she was one of the easiest because she has very clear combos and it's obvious when it's safe to attack.
Same with Butterfly.

Corrupted Monk doesnt have any attacks like that. I try to parry everything, and only Guardian Ape's flying bodyslam jump-attack-combo finisher and Demon of Hatred's flying elbow smash would still pancake even when I blocked / parried them. Maybe chained ogre's body slam as well (but you can parry his drop kick)

I died about 15 times to o'rin, because i fought her like a regular enemy.

Then when i realized it was just parry parry parry jump hit block repeat i did it without getting damaged a single time

So, o'rin is the easiest if you understand how she is supposed to be fought, if your a brainlet like me you just get dunked on until you realize the actual tactic

I thought I was a soulsfag too, but then I saw all my friends and internet whining about "muscle memory", meanwhile I got used to parry very fast, which is an infinitely better mechanic than spamming dodge by the way.
I never realized how much soulsfags were posers who aren't actually good at games, just used to souls games and spamming B

Attached: 1374494712359.jpg (450x450, 28K)

She was so easy that I didn't even think to take a clip of me beating her. Took 1 try

>and is one of the few that actively punishes your healing gourd sips almost instantly.
Really?
If you just run away from O'Rin she'll attempt to attack you but miss, and then you can drink before she resumes.

>that one white monkey with two swords at the end of poison swamp
I think I died more to him than I did to Guardian Ape.

Attached: 1469189796867(1).jpg (346x294, 27K)

Are you fucking serious, dude? That's the tutorial level.

I'm starting to think maybe I was actually hugging the boss too closely and the attack landing counted as me being hit from behind or something.

>I died about 15 times to o'rin
Not fully I hope.
I mean when you die once you can just run back to the idol pretty easily.
Also I beat O'Rin without blocking or parrying so it's not like there is only one way to fight.

If you aren't a complete and utter turbo brainlet, you'd immediately realize that you can't attack her because she goes ghost, and that you just need to focus on deflecting everything. She is trivial after that

Wait until you meet someone who didn't dodge and looked up "farming" areas like the forrest NPC dudes in DS1 and spent hours getting to level 80 before even touching blighttown. Fucker was also decked in Stone Armor.

>Corrupted Monk doesnt have any attacks like that.
Aren't the thrusts unblockable if you don't parry them?
I also think one of the boss's sweeps is unblockable.

> I beat O'Rin without blocking or parrying
how the fuck does that work?

There's two of them at least.

>I died about 15 times to o'rin, because i fought her like a regular enemy.
You can kind of do that, but you need Sabimaru and the Tanto, she's still mostly built for a more passive style either way, so it's hard to get aggressive with her, unless you have a lot of confetti to waste.

Charged shurikens break his posture fast

Dude sounds like he's on the verge of tears.

You can deflect trusts but not parry them, sweeps are unblockables iirc.

>ogre
>never even have to block
>just sidestep with endless stamina and drain one health bar in less than 20 seconds

>spearfag
>remove one bar with stealth
>mikiri counter a regular thrust and get a free health damage hit in to slow posture regen, then repeat

>lady butteryfly
>nothing of any real difficulty here, don't even need the snap seeds
>just run to the farthest pillar when she converts the illusions to projectiles
>only thing to watch out for is the super obvious aerial grab attack

>flaming bull
>don't bother dodging and just sprint around it clockwise and get a full combo in when it attacks the air since the AI is so retarded
>firecrackers let you stun and kill the boss before running out of uses

>genichiro
>you can deflect every single attack with ease, and swipe attacks and thrusts are telegraphed for basically a free kill
>third phase is even easier since you can just jump and STEAL HIS THUNDER for a free stun and a long ass combo

>armored fag
>run past him to where he was hiding and bait him to destroy the fence
>drain his posture in literally 10 seconds and push him off the bridge

The people who struggle with any of these encounters have learning disabilities. I'm 30 and slower than I used to be, yet I breezed through all but the Sword Saint form of Isshin, which I still took down easily after a few tries.

>weabs confirmed raging controller smashing autists who are bad at video games

Top fucking kek

Attached: 1553608434305.png (1750x1750, 1.1M)

I was talking about unblockable attacks that are not "perilous", meaning they don't cause the red kanji icon.

I didn't use prosthetics since it would be some shamefull shit if I can't defeat a monkey with just my sword. I did use the mortal blade giant slashes on the monkey gang though.

>remove one bar with stealth
You are in no position to be giving advice

Attached: disdain-for-plebs-how-could-this-happen-tome-1-1-1-1-32481405.png (500x576, 385K)

There are no such thing

>giant ass field of tall grass leading directly up to the shinobi hunter
>let's not take advantage of that

Very honorable, I respect it

Imagine being so bad you can't beat all the minibosses in a fair fight

>people had trouble with o'rin
does she have weird attacks or something?
i did her first try because she didn't do anything special, it's literally all katana slashes
does she have a special move that it's hard to defend and she didn't do it on me?

not baiting, but keep in mind that i'm a completionist, maybe i was just overgeared compared to most people

You don't need to worry about the butterfly lady's aerial grab since you can shoot her down if she decides jumping is ever a good idea.

What are the chances it will commit sudoku? kek

Attached: 1551130368989.gif (607x609, 821K)

I'm having a harder time with mini bosses over actual bosses. Also Lady Butterfly seemed hard at first but then I realized you could stun lock her with a successful nightjar hit, normal attack, nightjar, normal attack etc etc

The game isn't getting easier.
Games place challenges in front of the player to test them so that they can go forward assuming that the player can deal with these challenges.
If the game can't do this then the learning curve is fucked.

That's why a hard mode works, it makes the assumption that the player has already beat the game or will try like a madman to compensate for the bump in difficulty that would otherwise ruin the game's learning curve.

But an easy mode ruins the games difficulty curve completely because the player is constantly avoiding confrontation with the need to learn the games mechanics and get better at it until they reach a point where the game tries to build on mechanics that the player didn't learn and then the game just can't ever build up its mechanical complexity under that assumption.

Fundamentally the only people that actually want this shit are games journalists who have to play games to be able to write about them and have been constantly found to weasel their way out of doing so.

honor and fairness is for dead people

Using the intended game mechanics isn't being bad, autist. Bad is using hit and run stealth tactics over and over to get through the game.

>hurr durr wasting time
then dont play the game

Honor and fairness are for skilled players and dead scrubs

>I didn't use prosthetics for Miyamonkey Musashi becasue it's shamefur dispray
>But an immortal killing sword of fuck you death beams is fine

Attached: 1469139159807.jpg (632x629, 94K)

Whatever helps you sleep at night, stealthlet

FUCK
YOU

Attached: Sekiro™_ Shadows Die Twice_20190327171007.png (1920x1080, 2.01M)

What games should do it have tutorial pop-ups that don't go away unless you do what's written on there (press the button combination or something). No more braindeads spamming X and ignoring whatever the hell the game was trying to teach you.

How did you fight the monk?

t. honorable shinobi

commit seppuku

I was fighting the 2-sword monkey 1-on-1. I sneaked up on the monkey general election and opened with two giant slashes then mopped-up the rest. The secret is the middle way. You don't stealth cheese everything but you don't ignore the fact that you can jumpstab some douche and then fight his friend.

>tranny
40%
>plus laughing stock of the internet
around 60%

you are fucking retarded
that's the worst way to do tutorials because then you're forced to do all the basic shit that you already know how to do
>hurr jump 5 times to proceed
>dodge attack 10 times to move to the next tutorial
>press R1 50 times to hit the puppet

Is mist noble supposed to be such a pushover? By the time I finished parrying his first attacks he was already ready to get deathblow'd.

Ok

This
One of my friends was like "I'm not here to read I'm here to hit" then 10 minutes later "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DODGE SWEEP ATTACK REEEEEEE GAME IS BROKEN"
There's even the immortal trainer at the spawn ffs, there's literally no reason to not learn the game mechanics

Attached: 1527105508582.jpg (846x819, 403K)

>Taking your health back by hitting ennemies
>R1 spam
>rollrollrollroll

>Hard💔

It's a literal named mook.

Just do it once lmao what fucking game makes you repeat shit 50 times for a tutorial fuck out of here

>journos and casuals not even passing the tutorial
Devilish
Most bosses in this game do that tho

Attached: 1526322388880.png (768x900, 740K)

>he doesn't know

yeah and the game should have an easy mode too
kill yourself

there's no reason to ruin the game for everyone just because a few people are too dumb to play it properly

>she

Took me 60 hours to get all endings, played with the demon bell in my last NG+3 playthrough and it wasn't really that difficult, your posture gets broken really fast, it regens slowly and most bosses kill you in 2 hits but it's very managable, overall great game

I managed to beat the game and I only felt dread when coming to a new boss and frustration when actually dealing with said boss. Rinse and repeat, I don't think I ever felt any rush of accomplishement this whole game.

i cant believe Yea Forums is defending forced tutorials and easy mode now
what the fuck happened to this place

>"ha this is much more appropriate for dark souls than it is for demon souls"
>"ha this is much more appropriate for dark souls 2 than it is for dark souls"
>"ha this is much more appropriate for dark soul 3 than it is for dark souls 2"

I ran in like an 8 pattern of sorts, running at all times baiting attacks. Whenever O'Rin attacked I ran towards her and did a charged thrust.
And if she ever got too close to me, as in pushing me too close to one of the walls, I just circled away to the other side and continued the 8 pattern, baiting for more attacks.

I just continued this until I beat her. I did use Sabimaru though and poisoned her once, which made it go a bit faster but it was never really necessary.
I got hit once though, which was a shame.

No need to get so mad, it's not because some games tell you to jump 50 times that sekiro should do it like that too. Just once or twice like with the trainer is enough

>easy miniboss
>ragequit
pathetic

dude smashed his controller so fucking hard each strike created a dimensional tear

Attached: 1512906121350.jpg (768x576, 52K)

This guy slays me.

Attached: 20190326214318_1.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

Wait. Which headless is that?

Just double deflect. He dies in like 30 seconds once you get the timing down

Double deflect, nigga

How the hell do I beat Headless? I'm stumped here, fellas

Attached: 1553724194791.png (645x729, 105K)

Looks like the bell demon one

just deflect him

>corrupted monk will never crush your head between her huge thighs
why live bros

Attached: 1419435128709.png (700x475, 382K)

I ended up just dodging to the side because at the time deflecting was like black magic to me.

Attached: 20190326215653_1.jpg (1920x1080, 279K)

The one in the underwater cave in the Sunken Valley

Sekiro already has an easy mode. It's called not ringing the demon bell and keeping Kuros charm.

Attached: 92f797865c808ccdf13fb2bf648378c3.gif (727x810, 3.92M)

If you can't get the deflect timing on his animu faster-than-light slash, just dodge to the left. He will always miss you and you can get some hits. You can learn to do that move later on.

How the fuck do you even get to that point in the game and not get good at deflecting? Well, you're gonna learn, because the boss of that area is a real trial by fire.

sprint in circles around him. after a while you can find a pattern where you can bait out his iai strike without being hit. use this opening to apply poison. go back to circles while health ticks down. repeat.

get the purple umbrella upgrade. literally don't attempt him without that.

>died 6 times to Genichiro
>died 3 times to poop ape
>died 4 times to Lady Butterfly
>died 40+ times to Juuzou
Anyone else know that feel?

Lacks the obligatory guy saying how the entire game's super easy in the end

i beat her first try, i didn't even know she was a boss, she's very easy to read
NG+ gave me a bit of predicament because of posture chip even if you deflect but i still got her first try
both times i didn't even pop a confetti

How is the purple umbrella useful against him? Just to block the projectiles?

>O'rin
Just constantly jump at her and spam mortal blade sword art lol

youtube.com/watch?v=rp0jAGtXDYc

Double tap block when the sword glint appears.

I know mate, i got past that days ago and am now about to fight the corrupted monk.

For whetever reason the guardian ape and guardian ape 2: The apening were both relatively easy for me.

How the fuck did you manage that? There's even his bro the Glutton chilling with monkeys in the Sunken Valley or wherever you fight the Guardian Ape.

>just cheese her lol

Attached: disdain-for-plebs-how-could-this-happen-tome-1-1-1-1-32481405.png (500x576, 337K)

Juuzou and his clones were probably hardest boss for me.
I think I died less to sword saint and demon of hatred than them.

Purple umbrella blocks virtually all terror build up.

With project force it gives you a big ass slash that has confetti properties. It's more useful for Shichiman Warriors though cause absorbing his purple attacks causes it to smoke more and more, giving it more damage when it's letting off a ton of smoke.

It blocks terror shit. You can fight him using confetti for similar results.

>hmm I wonder why my first attempt was the best
>could it be i'm fucking tilted
>no it's the game's fault

Attached: 1554072520946.jpg (424x600, 65K)

Almost had that Battlefield 4 Bass.

So does deflecting normally tho. You only take terror damage if you block

>kill ingeniously
>HURR that means be a retard and not use all the tools provided right? muh honors

Kind of like I fought O'Rin honestly. Except it was way easier.
I first tried to deflect and attack since it seemed like it would be pretty rack up the posture damage this way considering the large, sweeping strikes and overhead strikes that you can see a good moment before they hit. I got the posture damage pretty damn high, almost to the breaking point, but then I got hit a couple of times and each time and the Monk recovered the posture really fast and it was all undone. Not to mention how the Monk kind of hit like a truck so it really hurt to get hit too.

So since I knew that vitality damage affects posture recovery I figured I better go for vitality damage, and since I had just fought O'Rin not long before I decided to just try the same thing again.
The Monk is slower than Orin.
The Monk stays vulnerable for longer after attacking than Orin.
The boss room you fight the Monk in is larger and leaves more room for running around.

So I did the exact same thing as detailed in and it was so effective that I didn't even return to the initial deflect and attack strategy that I started with.

>health resets when you lose aggro i was pretty pissed when i found this out, it trivializes having stealth at all.

I bet you summoned in Souls too, fag

Oh come on mate, you can halve most enemies health by stealth attacking them, what more do you want?

>letting others experience a game how they want
Let's lower the ring so everyone can dunk!
-lets. When will they learn?

didn't you learn anything? You can't have not gotten better at the game as you went through if you finished it. If from games make you feel that way maybe stay away lol

why wouldn't I?

i have no idea the context of the video but i have noticed that the game does occasionally eat inputs. this is why input queuing sucks.

Attached: 07c70df98fcbbc6dcdb26a7b13969144.jpg (419x444, 28K)

is this game worth buying if im still suffering from souls fatigue, is it different enough

how does it trivialize stealth
you can get one free death blow on mini bosses
you can insta kill normal enemies

if their health didnt reset, you could just run away and get another deathblow and never have to fight any miniboss properly

you can already cheese groups by running away and going back to deathblow them one by one

?

Happens to me all the time in soulsborne
>first try, almost kill the boss without even knowing patterns
>proceed to do 40 tries without even passing the half of first HP bar
>then reach the point where I can parry and dodge everything and shit on the boss
is this tilt or is it overanalysing patterns? i can't decide

dodging and blocking is out rapid parrying is in

I obviously got better, I got to the end and then beat tutorial Genichiro without taking a hit. I just didn't have fun

Adding an easy mode would lead to many people switching to it the first time they felt stuck or frustrated. The point is to give you no options but to persevere. This is a life lesson many people today need to learn, as too often do we look for an easy way out and remain weak. You don't get better at anything by switching to easy the first time something is more than you can handle. You practice.

>fighting properly

The red-eyed version of the elite is even worse. Even one of the Ashina Cross slashes hitting you shaves like 80% of your health off with 9/10 prayer bead necklaces. Easy as fuck when you get the timing down, though.

does it satisfy the same itch as mgr?

symbol means "danger" bruh

>is it different enough
I wouldn't want to speak for others, and while there are similarities it honestly feels more like a Tenchu game to me. Only with a far expanded combat system, that still isn't like that of the Souls games.

I don't really know what itch that is but no it's not as over the top like that.

I managed to cheese him in like 20 seconds, I would upload a webm, but the filesize is too big and I'm too dumb to fix it

ive been really wanting a game that has the same defensive system as mgr because parrying feels so good, is parrying your de facto response to attacks

Hi Nintendojitsu, you forgot to falseflag and shitpost RE2MAKE and DMC5 today. No need to thank me for the reminder, we're fellow Nintendo fans who hate all multiplats, after all.

Attached: 1540009996041.jpg (716x609, 111K)

>when your life is so pathetic the only validation you ever get is from video game fantasy swordfighting

parrying in sekiro is much easier than mgr

most forgiving parry of any soulsborne

This, desu. O'Rin kicked my ass until I looked up a guide saying that attacking her aggressively was the wrong way to do it.

I'm glad they made a boss like this, desu. I've spent most of the game trying to attack bosses as much as possible without focusing on honing my defense.

yes. but there are some attacks that require a different response, indicated with a red danger symbol. sweeps, thrusts and grabs.

Oh, well then yes. There are a lot of bosses that reward you heavily for perfect parries. There's still dodging but it is much less useful of an option than in Souls games.

how the hell do you have parries easier than mgr, though it still seems interesting. is there any fights with fast paced parries like monsoon

>not even trying to adjust the voice
A fucking trannytrender

if you give up when a literal toy gets too hard, i cant imagine you have the discipline to accomplish anything worthwhile in real life. sit down and shut up.

>when you're hit you're stunned for like 3 seconds
I mean he's not wrong. Except you can tech the stun with a roll or deflect super early.

Attached: Mibu Balloon of Tears.png (739x545, 528K)

if your worthwhile accomplishments are being good at a literal toy then you're the one with the issues mate

get over yourself it's just a game

>Corrupted Monk doesnt have any attacks like that.
she has two attacks that deal damage through block and knock you down unless you deflect them, they aren't sweeps or thrusts.

one of them she does right after deflecting you.

Most everything can be parried except "perilous" attacks which you can jump over or step on their shit. Grabs can't be parried. Parrying is essential to breaking enemy posture and murdering them.

getting mad at video games and demanding to be spoonfed easy mode is a symptom of bigger life issues and general work ethic. get off your high horse.

>She
wat

Not everyone is a nolife incel who can play 24 hours a day

My parents taught me good work ethic. I don't hate work, I hate myself.

this video is a good introduction on how to spot a sekiro brainlet
>doesnt use mikiri counter on thrust, probably bought whirlwind slash first instead
>continues mashing R1 after getting parried by boss
>doesn't deflect or guard normally against thrust attack
>instead chooses to dodge backwards
>when he's thrusting
>and not to the side where you at least might have a slight chance not get ass blasted by spear
>breaks controller and bursts into tears
this gives me immense joy

Attached: shit boy i die.jpg (171x294, 8K)

Oh ok. Thanks

You also dont need to complete a game in one sitting

I wonder how many YouTubers will ragequit at the last boss. It took me around 5 hours to beat him.

You can already do this, it's called a trainer.

It's pretty big man, you can be sloppy and still hit it consistently.

Not really. Once you've seen one desperate dipshit you've basically seen them all.

I hope he keeps making videos of him smashing his equipment and then trying to rationalize his reasons for doing so. Listening to people like this try to justify their childish outbursts is absolutely hilarious.

What Prestige? It's a fucking Videogame, there's no Prestige in beating a Singleplayer Videogame, you accomplished nothing of value.

I never brag about FROM games because it usually takes me at least 5 attempts to beat a boss but I literally just ran through this guy and dominated him and I'm genuinely surprised that this is apparently a roadblock for some people.

This, desu. I realized this when I kept on getting wrecked by the Guardian Ape's grabs.

The game is all about learning how to assess a dangerous situation rather than panicking as soon as it happens.

Attached: taneo_IC.jpg (337x416, 44K)

So like, if people are too bad/frustrated to beat the game, why don't they just refund it and watch a playthrough on youtube/twitch?
These people are almost always just in it for the story/lore anyway

Attached: 1437630106287.jpg (640x360, 30K)

>cheese him
too bad it didn't work with women too, huh?

Idiot. That’ll be Juzo.

the first few hours are pretty fucking brutal but the games difficulty falls off a cliff after vicar amelia, and im saying this as someone whos only experience with the series is BB

>The guy whose guards you can stealth kill, half his healthbar through stealth and then kite him to fight one blue coated fucker who keeps Juzo busy so you can bust his ass

You call this a casual filter?

Yeah but there's lots of factors that take the fun out of a game for me, you know what I do when a game has those elements? I don't play it. Why's difficulty the only thing that needs to change, why can't I demand that they change any aspect of any game that I don't like regardless of the creator's vision?

>They read

Your point is already wrong.

>easy mode
They should unironically add a genuine hard mode that's unrelated to the bell. It'd add more value and replay value to old players, while also ironically enough giving the game an easy mode which would be the current normal mode.

happens to me all the time too

I think, on the first try, I just want to have fun, with max reflex and courage.
Then, I want to "learn" and overanalyse as you say. Like "I can't win on this try, so at least I can learn something".
Finally, I get bored of that, just want to have fun and kill the fucker without rez ^_^

guess where he's going to treat his butthurt

Attached: weenie hut.jpg (768x569, 62K)

Say close to her, deflect and jump her red attack

NG+ already has Kuro's Charm

Who brags about sperging out like this?

Attached: 1552574080757.gif (720x720, 1.2M)

Source of pic

Corrupted monk is easy as fuck. His tells are long as hell and he does the sweep 90% of the time for the kanji attack, with the 10% of the time of stabby stab being obvious. Monk 2.0 is even easier since his posture is lower and does stabby stab even less.

DESU this looks boring to play.

The ape body slam can be deflected. I did it all the time because I didn't want to risk the dodge with his hitbox.

Mikiri counter is absolutely based

Attached: seven spear.webm (960x540, 2.91M)

She is hyper aggressive and is invulnerable for most of the time when not attacking.
Its best to just deflect everything she does and jump when she sweeps, then after a flurry of attacks end, keep holding guard before the next wave of attacks to regain posture.

She is easy if you can get the timing on deflecting her attacks.

just let the guy with the gun kill himself in the poison swamp

Most people unironically didn't make it past butterfly / genchiro

Am I retarded or is this wrong? I've deflected, gotten the CLANG and sparks, but still lost a little bit of posture.

>that library
incredible

people who say "add an easy mode" have never made a game lol
everything in the game is balanced around the set difficulty. it's a massive waste of time to add multiple extra considerations when it's been proven that literal quadriplegics can finish the game just fucking fine.
>but there are no extra considerations!!
this is the mark of someone who is okay with releasing an inferior artistic product. this is the mark of the casual. you should reject those with this mark.

>forced to restart the game to replay bosses
This is shi-
>tfw you notice you can actually defeat them even without using any skill you had grinded for the first time
You really only need mikiri counter

Attached: 1544233304347.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

I literally had him mikiri himself to death
all he did was the perilous thrust and he just got punished over and over again

>his

Attached: ss+(2019-03-31+at+02.48.07).png (1068x554, 322K)

Weebs are retarded, more news at 11 kek.
>DR
>Senran Kagura
Of course someone who plays that game can't play a literal rhythm game. Just press dodge when he thursts to get the counter.💯

Attached: ghn.png (332x332, 176K)

Does anyone have advice for headless? I feel like I just get terrored immediately and while divine confettti does work on them, I am pretty far in the game and I hardly have any of them. That and the shibi shibi warrior (i dont remember the name, but its the guy that throws orbs at you) are the mini bosses that are giving me the most trouble so far.

That’s called cheesing, retard. Try 1 vs 1 him and you’ll know his moveset is one if the most annoying in game

>doesnt use mikiri counter on thrust, probably bought whirlwind slash first instead
>tfw did exactly this

Look for the flash, double deflect

Attached: ashina elite.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

The game is insanely cool when you're playing perfect.
For estate revisited there's that annoying shinobi that summons dogs but after a few tries I managed to slap his shit hard by deflecting every attack, head bouncing every sweep, and mikuri countering every stab. Each kill he had like 3/4 health left. Felt so nice.

Spics are even more retarded

it actually is, you have to learn all the attacks otherwise, you won't be able to kill those guys.

I know it's a girl but I default to male for asexual looking monsters

Attached: 1526297448045.jpg (768x1024, 151K)

>she
Why do weebs turn into trannies like 80% of the time? Moeshit turns people gay KEK

Attached: .jpg (646x687, 69K)

> go down and activate fushigiri ninjutsu on shield mob
> run to dog retard
> mash R1
> easy 1 bar
> outskill his 2nd bar
> couldn’t even call the dogs
That’s how you do it. And I was drunk af

This dude had like 3 or 4 different timings on his trusts, and you mess up once, you lose 90% of your health. I lost count of how many times he kicked my ass.

Yikes seethe more normalfag, he's just an ironic weeb, just like you. True weebs mastered Ninja Gaiden and Sekiro is nothing by comparison.

t.gay tranny resetnigger

He also has a sweep, and his thrusts follow up with overhead or under strikes as well.

You just gotta look out, user.

Spam confetti
Spam purification when terror is getting high
Spam R1 / RB
Don't even both deflecting just jump over / away from his attacks

If you try fighting headless the traditional way you will die. They basically never block your attacks ever because you're meant to dab on them with confetti. It's why all 3 of them are optional encounters.

You still lose posture on a deflect, but if the bar is maxed out, you won't break

>3

Attached: 1525728890954.jpg (592x814, 104K)

>Owl mikiri counters your shit if you try ever try to do a trust attack on him

Feels shit to be on the receiving end.

Coping weeb trannies. I'd even take being nigger than being a moeweeb.🐸

dude just jump on her head first.

Oh good, I thought I was just really bad on all my deflects. I noticed when I really missed some, I'd block, take a large posture hit and kind of stumble backwards so I hoped that was what normally happens if I just blocked.

That's what always gets me about that one dude Lily Orchard.
He's got an insanely deep as fuck voice but he's a tranny so his avatar is a girl and he expects to be referred to as one.