store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

based

what's this site called?
i keep forgetting it

spyware.neocities.org/

Attached: file.png (256x256, 158K)

All such platforms and launcher are.
The point it that its unnacceptable to let them multiply.

How does it know its spyware though?

Attached: ftfy.jpg (827x341, 43K)

Yea Forums literally spies on us in tandem with google

>neocities

Attached: 1cae26e41ad2488dd881858deeb6ccac.png (181x200, 42K)

>use 4chin
>complain about spyware

Attached: 1551343499106.jpg (195x258, 6K)

>use internet
>complain about spywareCoin Flip: Tails

relax valvecuck, he is just baiting you

spyware.neocities.org literally makes all of their articles based off of ASSUMPTIONS and UNCONFIRMED THEORIES. alex jones of the tech world, fuck off with your jew garbage

>i-i-its all speculation
youtube.com/watch?v=XjxT7Vj-aok

Attached: 1549892508382.jpg (810x688, 217K)

t. tencent discord hypesquad shill

>guys this software is spyware
>yeah, but that other software is alsso spyware, so that makes it okay

Attached: 1214509030148.png (345x345, 245K)

Did you just miss all the retards in this thread that actually believe Steam isnt spyware?

what of them?

Your point is invalid. Nobody is saying spyware is okay, people are just pointing out to the retards sucking the cock of Steam that its just as much of a data mining operation as everything else.

If you arent mentally challenged and you know this already, the posts arent for you.

>Nobody is saying spyware is okay
except all the retards pushing for epic store/steam

Based

If you've got a FOSS alternative to everything that doesnt chug complete dicks id love to hear it, but we're just dealing with what we've got. Fighting over what spyware client you use or claiming that one is spyware and one isnt is fucking dumb.

>Steam is spyware so its fine that Epic is too
You already give your info to the Americans, why not the Communists too?

>Tencent doesnt even own a majority of Epic
>Chinese government lol
Dota Auto Chess provides more information to the chinese government than Epic does

unfortunately i don't, i just use steam, since i'd rather use a client that isn't anti-consumer as much as epic. which is a shame, since i'm very interested in unreal engine and can't use it without installing their spyware.

>Another user high off his intellectual high horse believes he's smarter than everyone else and acts as such while contributing nothing to the thread and continuing his faggotry by baiting and acting superior
Another day on the chan

>since i'd rather use a client that isn't anti-consumer as much as epic
Epic has let you refund games from day 1 and doesnt have that retarded "2 hours only :)" stipulation

Attached: 21421.png (832x989, 94K)

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (800x742, 100K)

doesn't affect me, since i rarely even buy games, and then buy them on sales where they're patched to hell and/or researched so i know what i'm getting into.

Epic isnt anti-consumer then, because i wasnt about to buy trash like Borderlands or Metro and the exclusivity doesnt affect me.

*hits pipe*

What the fuck did geocities even mean man? It's like geo means earth, ground so it's like ground cities, but we already assume a city is on the ground, so specifying that it isn't an air or sea city seems pointless, and what does any of this have to do with web hosting anywa-
>Owner: Yahoo! Japan
oh that's why

Attached: 1542170990700.jpg (619x332, 51K)

Please Tim, just stop it. You can't save your hide anymore.

Attached: No, not the insects, no bugmen here sir.png (776x498, 60K)

Unless someone owns 41% of Epic Tencent with 40% while not necessarily holding a majority share basically do by virtue of holding a large as fuck chunk of the company

40% means they have at the very least 4/10 board seats, which means they cannot get anything done that the other investors/board members want.

That's not how it works in a corporation, it's not a democracy.

And all tencent will do is buy the board members vote
It happens all the time in buisness when stuff like this happens
You dont need a majority to run a company just money to buy votes

LELKEK

tencent can shut off their lights so that's that

if that's what you think then sure, whatever. it's your life, not mine.

>a company that literally owns the chinese games market
>"no, these guys have no say because they're not the majority"
bitch, your math teach had no power because there were 20 of you and only one of her? power dynamic motherfucker, do you understand it?

% share of a company translates to seats on the board of directors, how on earth would a company with a reported 40% ownership overpower the other 60? Does a 40% ownership of a company grant you more than 50% of voting power?
Sure, they can buy votes. That still means Tencent, without shady dealings, only has 40% of the voting power. As big as Tencent is, i doubt they're going to dump an assload of money into buying votes from people that invested in Epic (probably before Fortnite) to get them to do shady shit and possibly tank the company and the potential future price that their ownership would be worth
Not with 40% though
I hope you see the hypocrisy in your logic
What they own outside of Epic means nothing to the other people that own parts of Epic.

>What they own outside of Epic means nothing to the other people that own parts of Epic.
but Tim owns >50% you retard, other people don't even matter

yes with 40%

Attached: 1551815748784.png (624x642, 378K)

>how on earth would a company with a reported 40% ownership overpower the other 60?

>"do this thing we want"
>"no, we dissagree and we have the majority"
>"if you don't we'll close the doors on this market"
>"okay then"

you'd have to be 12 year old to not understand that. it's like asking how blackmail works.

>reason why steam is spyware.
>it collects your address, phone number, credit card and hardware indentification
>it self updates and it requires internet connection
AMAZING ARTICLE

There are, at the very least, 11 partial owners of Epic. The only reported % is Tencents 40. Disney, Endeavor, Tim himself and 7 venture capital firms own the rest.
You're free to try and explain how they'd do that with only 40%
>if you don't we'll close the doors on this market
Feel free to elaborate, but it feels like you're trying to say they're going to "block" Epic from China, which they have no control over.

Chinas "Online Ethics Review Committee" banned Fortnite last year, which is Epics only money maker outside of UE4 royalties.

See

Hey Sonycock. Still posting this huh?

SO YOU MEAN THAT VALVE KNOWS WHO I REPORT
WHAT?????
WHAT ACHIEVEMENTS I HAVE NO WAYY
HOW MUCH LATENCY I HAVE RELATIVE TO THEIR SERVERS?
WTF
WHAT I HAVE IN MY INVENTORY?: NO WAY
FUCKING SPYWARE CONFIRMED
MY FUCKING 2 WEEK CHAT LOGS??????
NOOOOOOOOOO
kill yourself you fucking faggot dear god.

Theres a whole bunch more than that, you can see that they admit to selling it to third parties here
store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/

>Feel free to elaborate, but it feels like you're trying to say they're going to "block" Epic from China, which they have no control over.
yeah, that's exactly what i'm saying and that's exactly what they can do, and that's exactly what happens in these companies with "miniority" shareholders. if you think tencent doesn't have strong influence on epic just because they don't have majority, you're being extremely naive.

t. gabe

>a whole bunch more than that
>"selling it" to third parties aka
5.1 Valve and its subsidiaries may share your Personal Data with each other and use it to the degree necessary to achieve the purposes listed in section 2. above. In the event of a reorganization, sale or merger we may transfer Personal Data to the relevant third party subject to applicable laws.

5.2 We may also share your Personal Data with our third party providers that provide customer support services in connection with goods, Content and Services distributed via Steam. Your Personal Data will be used in accordance with this Privacy Policy and only as far as this is necessary for performing customer support services.
all of the shit that it collects was already addressed in the other 2 fucking links, why do you pretend that this shit increases the amount of shit that it collects?

Again, as big as Tencent is, you're overestimating their power.
People love the post the image of "if you dont get brought out by tencent, they're just going to make a clone of the shit you make lmao" but even if they do get brought out (eg Riot, PUBG Corp) that does that not stop them from making clones that take nearly none of the players away from the legitimate game.
Tencent cant pick and choose what China plays, or else Perfect World wouldnt be a thing and Fortnite wouldnt be banned in China.