Why in the fuck is it so hard to start a gaming channel in 2019? I feel like ive tried everything...

Why in the fuck is it so hard to start a gaming channel in 2019? I feel like ive tried everything. Has Yea Forums had any luck?

Attached: images.png (225x225, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xHdOo3JVeXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

either beat the big guys at their own game (be an annoying adhd prick who appeals to 10 year olds)
or do something completely different and unique

Over-saturation of the market. What makes you different from the rest?

>be the best or be the first
Truth hurts. Has every game related thing been done already?

the only way to get a successful youtube channel was to create it early, i.e. before 2014.
now youtube is bloated with a near infinite amount of gaming channels, so if you weren't known back then, you're not going to be known now.

Attached: 1551242946729.jpg (234x215, 9K)

>Over-saturation
They said this in 2007, 2010, 2014, 2016 and 2019. The market is always over-saturated. Learn to deal with it

>all these 30 year old boomers retiring early off their youtube channels
Zoomers must be SEETHING

if your internet upspeed permits it, have a go at twitch streaming, pick something niche and stream it often
there are a hundred DOTA, CSGO, R6S, Hearthstone, Magic, etc. streams going at any given time, but you won't find a large amount of people playing Star Wars: Republic Commando

>why is it so hard to start a channel on an over satured topic on an over satured platform

There's literlaly 75,000 people doing exactly what you're doing. Why should I watch you?

Is anime more or less saturated?

fuck off zoomer

1. Don't make a blanket term "gaming channel". Make a channel that specializes in something you are passionate about, like a specific game, or specific type of game, or game mechanic and so on.
2. Make it unique in some way. Making something just "high quality" doesn't mean it will get watched because there's already 10.000 high quality channels out there. Just having a quirky personality isn't enough either.

Don't try to become king of the mountain, you will only ever become one of the millions of pebbles on that mountain. Instead try to become king over your specific ant-hill. And then if you get a sizable audience and still feel like it, start moving into more generic territory.

Also, don't expect to EVER make any money. Only ever do it as a hobby, but still be committed to that hobby like it's your job and spend hours on it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Those channels that upload videos with strictly gameplay must have it have it really easy. Makes me wish I had a capture card way back before playthroughs were a big thing.

Attached: 1539660571500.png (588x351, 323K)

buy views to jumpstart yourself into the algorithm.
Also if you're on an account that's old/has videos already you're fucking yourself, stop it, make a new account.

Consistency, trend following, 10 minute videos. those are the 3 tenets. At least 4 videos a month, ideally more, but you CANNOT miss. You miss, you're thrown off the algorithm and it will take months of consistent uploading to recover.

twitch is a lot easier, the affiliate program makes it so you can reach some level of success with as few as 5 average concurrent viewers. youtube meanwhile you need significantly more.

I've just hit 100 subs, and 230 concurrent viewers on twitch, but I started on youtube, where I have 35k subs. My videos only ever hit 3000-4000 views, so I stopped bothering and moved to twitch. A hundred or so people moved over to twitch and started watching me, I got affiliate pretty much immediately, partner took me until 150 viewers concurrent average. As I have 100 subs (and 100 sub points) I make $250 a month from that alone. ads get me under $15 a month, or did when I ran them, I don't run them anymore so the only money I get is like 2 or 3 dollars from pre-roll that I cannot control. cheers/donations add another $200-300 all together, so i'm frequently pulling $500+ every 45 days from the well.

Basically youtube sucks. They tried to bring me back to stream with youtube gaming, when I asked why I was making less money on youtube with five times the amount of hours watched, they had no valid explanation, just excuses.
fuck youtube.

How many subs do you need before you can live off donations? 50,000?

because everyone is doing it and you have to pander to children

youtube subs, it doesn't matter. you could have nearly 100m subs like pewdiepie and still barely have 5-6% retention. It's all about how many people actually watch ALL of your content. If you're eligible, try that youtube membership shit. It's basically just twitch subs/patreon shit but for youtube.

>bought a dazzle just for uploading cod4 footage
>mp, speedruns, whatever, all about cod4
>hit 15,000 subs just posting shitty modern warfare footage
>mw2 comes out, I hate it, don't play it
>don't get views anymore
life sucks.

It's just like any other business; it's a grind to break in. You have to constantly upload content, have content that people actually want to see, and stealth shill (because people hate blatant shilling) your shit everywhere. You also have to network so other people don't mind shilling your shit too

test

Funnily enough this showed up in my recommended a couple of days ago.
youtube.com/watch?v=xHdOo3JVeXk

Also, pretty much every channel I've seen that has talked about making it big, their big break came from the youtube algorithm RNG and it started plastering the video everywhere. Basically, you have to go viral 2 or 3 times to become big, but these days it's youtube's algorithm that decides who goes viral or not. Not people sharing it and shit.

>Is anime more or less saturated?

Gonna guess just as much. Find something actually unique.

the algorithm is gay

hurr durr you have to upload videos that aren't too short because you can't make money off them but not too long because the kiddies will get bored, so 90% of all videos end up being 11 minutes exactly

hurr durr you gotta have a clickbait title because you gotta get dem clicks

hurr durr you gotta do something controversial, so you have to have a contrarian opinion (even if it's a shitty, poorly explained one) to get dem clicks, dem comments, and dem downvotes (because downboats = viewer engagement)

hurr durr you have to do something controversial, so you gotta start some fake drama with someone more popular than you for dem clicks

hurr durr you have to collaborate with people more popular than you to get dem clicks

hurr durr you have to be attractive to get dem clicks

hurr durr you have to pander to children to get dem clicks, because children have more free time than adults (better start screaming and shouting and having fake reactions to everything, also better start going on and on about le ebin "memes" and le "meme culture")

hurr durr ad revenue is shit, so you have to either shill a sponsor or get a patreon to make more reliable revenue

hurr durr you need to cover recent games, because recent games are more popular, and that helps you get dem clicks

hurr durr there is no reliable way to get your youtube channel known other than by aggressively shilling on Yea Forums and on reddit

it's all predictable as fuck, youtube is gay

To be fair, most of these are less about the algorithm and more just about any money making/popularity venture ever.

PICK YOUR TARGET AUDIENCE

also

>hurr durr you have to keep pumping videos out like a factory or the website forgets about you

likes/dislikes don't, and haven't had any bearing on anything in regards to the algorithm in any way, for half a decade. Since they switched to thumbs actually.

test

Is there still an audience for ROM hacks or just modding in general? I got a lot of views back when I was a kid doing mod videos, at some point I stopped and even when I did new videos afterwards (usually gameplay only), they'd barely get any views.

I did another mod video recently (in 3 parts) and in a week the first part already got 1.5k views with a lot of positive reception. Makes me think I should just focus on that but I do like to post gameplay from time to time as well. The problem is simply that I lack the time to upload regularly unless I sacrifice sleep or other priorities.

DSP Here. the trick is to beg

Have you tried getting into minecraft roleplays? Because you too can make a lot of money off of mentally enslaved kids while at the same time plagiarizing content and adding it to your own OC. The best part? You will never be held accountable for it. You can do this even well into your 30's and beyond.

Go for it dude!

Attached: aphmau.jpg (900x900, 104K)

Its not hard to start a gaming channel lol, make and upload videos

Oh you wanna get famous quick do you? And why the fuck should anyone watch your content?

I've been wanting to make a in depth video about Bastion and Transistor for life 5 years now. Should I do it? I REALLY give a shit about these games. Bastion's themes in particular, because its message spoke to me at a point in time when I really needed it.

Attached: 1510166758940.jpg (1008x1080, 1.44M)

no, because literally everyone felt the exact same way, no one gives a shit about your personal story until you're already relevant so the point of the video would hit exactly 0 people.

Literally just ripoff the Super Best Friends to fill the power gap.

Bastion barely has any message in it. It has a theme and some hidden things but other than that, nothing.

Well go on, now, we’re gonna need far more details than that, user.

Because the market is saturated with other thousands of lazy fucks that din't want to work a day job

>lazy
t. never edited a video in his life

>implying

Attached: 20190402_104653.png (565x300, 9K)

Raocow has been doing romhacks since he started and still continues to do them. He only has like 30k subs, but it is still an audience. His humor and voice is annoying as shit though.

yeah that explains why you have 1.7k subs instead of 10k. jesus christ. do they at least all watch your vids or are you some pathetic fag that doesn't hit 100 views day 1?

I work for a channel with now 30k subs and several videos in the 100k-200k view range.
Consistent uploads aren't nearly as important as it is commonly believed as long as you can consistently make your subs actually watch your content, which then will increase the chances of the video being recommended to non-subscribers.

By far the most important aspects of a successful video are the thumbnail and the title, followed by what percentage of the video people actually watch.
Those points seem to make up about 90% of how well a video performs in my experience.

Actually seething are we lazy boy?

consistency is absolutely important because it removes you from the algorithm entirely as punishment until you show you're capable of maintaining a schedule. It's also why people who upload erratically also don't get vids recommended versus those who upload on a more stable fashion.

And yeah the 10 minute videos thing was shorthand for making sure people watch all the video. 10 minutes is the golden time marker which is why most videos you'll see that are successful are around there.

Interesting

Attached: interesting.png (736x720, 528K)

>scorelet and has no subs
lel. Since you didn't respond to me i'm guessing i'm right, you probably get 30-40 views on a new video. you poor soul.

Another guy who would treat YT as a real job, and feel like he got sentenced to a gulag if all that gravy train money were to go away?

I say the oversaturation's doing a decent job here.

i dunno fag, motherfucking E;R's upload schedule is consistent as wet shit but his views and subs keep rising.

>why is it so hard to obtain a job in an oversaturated industry

Because everyone on their fucking mothers are doing youtube, get a job you stupid fucking NEET.

Attached: 1483485925736.png (399x322, 42K)

>seething
>>scorelet
>lazy fuck
>probably fat too
[email protected]

Attached: 20190402_105829.png (617x322, 14K)

Yeah i worded that poorly, consistency is definitely important. I more so meant frequency.
Oftentimes we don't upload more than 1-2 times per month, but many of those videos still get far more views than we have subs because of the points i've mentioned before and the fact that we don't have a lot of dead subs.

Good luck user!