Zoomers

This shit is getting scary dude oldfags are getting pushed out
>People grew up playing WoW and League
Someone told me that they were playing Wow in middle school,
Pokemania took off when i was in middleschool.
I see college students saying that they want to be LOL artist, and they've been playing since they were ten

>There are people on this very board who were born when pokemania took off
>there are people on this very board who don't know what life was like before cell phones and the internet
>there are people on this board who never experienced the console wars
I am talking the Sega vs. Nintendo dedlock that gave us the gaming technologies we have today.

>people who never saw bad game press
MK2 creating the ESRB, not gamer gate

>people have admitted to not knowing of the JRPG influx of the PS1 ERA

This is getting scary peeps.

Attached: 1fff73c0d10d7678edda20dce2d8291f.gif (167x200, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wJGcwEv7838
youtu.be/gAs9HZC9c7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Gru4IfbKlfU
youtube.com/watch?v=-NJXVXbO6oI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Someone told me that they were playing Wow in middle school,
And? WoW came out when I was a highschool freshman. I'm 30 now.

Attached: 1554009502351.png (703x579, 361K)

Impossible if you are 30 now that shit should have came out at the first half of junior or senior year November 23, 2004

The severe lack of any tolerance for Bantz at all is scarier man

>People grew up playing League
Disgusting

>People grew up playing vidya and not serving in the military
every generation user, every generation has the old fogies look down on the youth.

Attached: 1533389906384.jpg (793x594, 34K)

I know right?

Your time is over, old man. Video games always belonged to the youth and you are past the deadline. Grow up and go to work or something.

So what? There are faggots older then you mad that you didn't grow up playing the epic Calicovision they had. What a pointless, stupid thread.

I work in video games fool, I am a character designer.

>being held back or starting late isnt a thing
uhhhhhhhhhhhh okayy...

these were key historic points
The console wars spawned
>disks
>online play on consoles
>expansions on consoles
>memory cards
>backward compatibility
>psuedo virtual reality
>console esque

and a ton of other shit

can u get me a job i wana create occult furries haha
haha
plz :(

post your shit.

Times change, we are all getting older, kids don't remember the 90's anymore, people who call themselves "90's kids" were BORN in the 90's, they don't remember them at all. This is part of getting older.

the real scary shit is
>there are people on this board that didnt have to buy quake on the black market and support censorship for the sake of brand loyality.

Gay

>
military is not for minorities or people who aren't poor, go shove it dude.

90's weren't the best, they were kinda boring truth be told.
>anime was sparce and was on a video store to video store basis
>had to rely on magzines for game info
>couldn't download or watch shows whenever
>internet was in it's infancy
>Yea Forums didn't exist till 03'
>newgrounds was a mess

>People grew up playing vidya and not serving in the military
I did both

>>People grew up playing WoW
wow came out over 14 years ago, u ok dude

>having a choice to join
Fucking youngens. Now go play with you stick and hoop, zoomer ass faggot.

Attached: 1533738493986.jpg (777x439, 99K)

>XD ITS SO FUNNY TO PRETEND TO BE OLD OR YOUNG AINT IT REDDIT?

Attached: thetruth.png (1252x998, 202K)

They weren't that great looking back, but they were still a lot of fun. Honestly from 1998-2003 was the best though.

It's "Colecovision." You're welcome.

>2003
limewire was around, and some of the best vidya came out from 1998-2003, that's not nostalgia either, I actually played many games that I missed because I was too young,.
>earthbound
>thousand arms
>persona
>Valkyrie profile

That's what I mean, it was the golden age. Part of it is nostalgia for sure, but a lot of it was just that they had really, really, really good games coming out at that time.

M8, this isn't Africa, or whatever shithole that recruits child soldiers.

technology is scarier. Companies are already putting chips in their employees

Attached: 1536715989254.png (620x634, 203K)

FUCK ZOOMERS AND SCORELETS

>Part of it is nostalgia for sure,
I was more so refering to the fact that I didn't have memories of these games, and finding them years later after they were popular, I had the same sense of enjoyment as fans did at the time.

Oh, I get ya. Well yeah, even if you didn't play the games at the time, you'd still find them amazing, objectively good stuff was coming out at the turn of the Millennium.

WWII America was a shithole? You said it, not me.

Based on this, are you Gen X, Millennial, or Zoomer? I'm a based Zoomer (born 98).

Attached: eraszoomer.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

bump

Born in 88'
I remember most of the stuff as far back as early gen x due to my dad and reruns on Boomerang and TBS.

>first game was Mario on the NES bc my dad had it before I was born
>loved the turtles and gadget
>Remember early simpsons and disney afternon
>owned both sega and nintendo systems, but very few games (lived near blockbuster and played new shit every weekend)

>Watched DBZ early due to video stores and bootlegs like in 97 I was already done, and it aired on toonami later on

>Stopped watching tv altogether in 2003 due to limewire and easy access to anime.

Attached: 1432665393765.jpg (175x231, 15K)

>and the internet
Do you mean the world wide web? I don't think there are a lot of people here who grew up before Usenet.

yeah the world wide web

People born in 2000 will soon be able to drink in 2 years man, I'm only a few years older than them but I feel old already

Attached: she cant stop getting away with it.png (831x1050, 387K)

>>>>>>>>if you are 30 now 2004 should've been the first half of junior or senior year
>high school lasts 4 years
>game came out in late 2004
>someone who started high school in late 2004 would've been a sophomore in 2005-6, a junior in 2006-7, and a senior in 2007-8 and graduated in 2008
>someone who was the typical high-school graduate age of 18 in 2008 would be 29 now.
>it's reasonable to think another user might've failed a grade and could be 30
If you're 30 now 2004 should've been the first half of your sophomore year. You must have failed math even harder than the other user. At least he's only off by one year instead of 2-3.

Attached: 1553820950451.png (635x473, 292K)

I was a year ahead, I graduated in 05. Albeit born in 88 instead of 86-87 and my birthday is in July.

So even if I was in the correct year, I would have still been a junior.

>late gen x
What a time to have been alive.

Too bad, you could've used an extra year in school.

Your fortune: You will meet a dark handsome stranger

You now realize this happens to everyone, who cares dude. We are all just a spot in time.

There's already plenty of Halo nostalgia threads and even MW2 sometimes gets a few

I played WoW in middleschool and I'm 27

People grow, that's all. Pokemon was released when I was 5 years old, Pokemania took off on my elementary school days, I played Diamond and Platinum on Middle School, I stopped playing pokemon in highschool with Black and White because I didn't liked that metagame and I am curently 25 years old because by the end of the year we'll be further away from Heart Gold/Soul Silver than what those remakes were from the original Gold and Silver.

I despise shooters, they are products of their time, and age like milk.

Hey now, Doom is still fine and dandy.

Attached: even demons have families.jpg (1143x860, 179K)

>He doesn't know that Halo Combat Evolved came out 18 years ago
Thats like complaining about Pokemon Gold and Silver nostalgia when the games came out around the same time as Halo 1

Doom is pretty good

>5 years old, Pokemania took off
> Diamond and Platinum on Middle School
2007, you would have been 14.....That's high school...

What killed pokemon for me was mystery dungeon, another studio made a vastly superior game with the ip than gamefreak.

>old because by the end of the year we'll be further away from Heart Gold/Soul Silver than what those remakes were from the original Gold and Silver

YIKES!!!

Attached: WWp0RBR (1).jpg (791x633, 177K)

I was born december 1993 and Pokemon mania took off along with the success of the Anime. Peak pokemon mania was in the 99-02 range

>People born in 2000 will soon be able to drink in 2 years ma
Can't you start drinking from 18?

Attached: Huh1.jpg (500x489, 37K)

that's doom, quake, golden eye, halo, sotcom, and all the world war 2 shooters look like shit now

Not in the US.

Not in Côte d'Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Iraq, Kiribati, Micronesia, Mongolia, Nauru, Oman, Palau, Samoa, Sri Lanka, or the United States

Attached: 1554011820966.png (1100x846, 420K)

>Mystery dungeon
That wasn't even the first instance of Pokemon being handled better by a 3rd party.

Both Pokemon Colloseum trash the main games. Those are actual pokemon RPGs and they were made by Genius Sonority, who I am convinced were relegated into making shovel by the GF out of sheer salt and spite.

>Land of the free and brave

Attached: Laugh5.gif (355x201, 2.99M)

>Be zoomer
>everyone expects me to like fortnite and League
Fuck you, not only are handme downs a things, emulation being popular at the time for poor fags like me to get entertainment, growing up with peak AVGN youtube AND being around for the PS1/N64. And yet because NO other fucking era has bottom of the barrel, lowest common denominator normies, me liking Medievil or CS 1.6 is such an out there thought. I am booty blasted, my favorite game growing up was Ristar and Earthworm Jim. Not all of us are Yung lean, side cut rocking teenie boppers.

Attached: 1534201604513.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

>there are people on this very board who don't know what life was like before cell phones and the internet
This is the wildest one to me. Just thinking of the amount of shit that's changed technologically is fucking nuts. I used to have to plan a trip to the library if I wanted information about something. That makes me sound like an old man who claims he had to walk through the snow uphill both ways to google something, but I'm only in my fucking 20s. And it wasn't because I had limited access to the internet or anything, search engines were so shit Encyclopedia Britannica was making a killing selling offline software since finding information online was unreliable.

it was more so the sprite work and music KILLED R/S/E that's when I knew that it wasn't the fact that there were so many pokemon they had to skimp on the art, it was the fact that they are incompetent and didn't allocate resources properly

Freedom comes at a cost.

YEAH MAN, I hear you, I made a day of it back in middleschool just researching shit.

Nice blog post.

I always see it more as them trying to keep the artstyle of G/S/C and translate the art atyle into GBA what produced the graphics. That same style remained until X&Y.

I always liked the watertrumpets. So I can't complain about music.

Hey man, every era shits on the next generation. They did it with beatnicks in the later 40's and they did it with the woodstock free love crowd in the 60's. I might be an outlier, but I feel people are too hard on us zoomers. WE aren't all pozzed, screen obsessed shill bots.

Attached: 1535605399110.jpg (1200x897, 132K)

>I feel people are too hard on us zoomers
oh no people are calling you names on the internet, that's way worse than the groups of people who used to go around beating up hippies

NAH B, EVERYBODY upped their team sizes,
THEIR FUCKING COMPETITORS HAD 3D on the hand helds and fully animated sprites ,

5 years before b/w while they were using the same damn 3d models from stadium in battle rev,.

They were just shitty. Nintendo and all their branches are about innovation, and they stagnated.

I can shoot whatever scumbag that breaks into my house, if it means people have to delay their alcoholism by 3 years I'm fine with it

FUCK BOOMERS

youtube.com/watch?v=wJGcwEv7838

Attached: XXX.png (469x463, 107K)

Let's be honest, between hippies were gross and weird compared to beatnicks and the punk rockers. Zoomers to hippies, is gen _ to (anticomformists group #34). Again, too harsh. I'm all for tougher/thicker skin and saying what you want, all I ask is look at zoomers as a whole from when you were rocking out to blink 182 and watching beavis and butthead. Us having modern internet at our disposal just allows us to be us on a bigger technological scale. Think of it like this, for every snapchat filter thought we have today, there was a glammed out heavy make up mall rat Stacey back then.

Attached: 1536639640085.jpg (600x451, 65K)

BOOMERS IFFY UH
SHITTY GRAPHICS FISHY UH
ZOOMERS SPIFFY UH
FORTNITE GOT THAT JIFFY UH

Attached: 1554184743402.gif (220x233, 273K)

I know what you mean, my generation gets blamed forkilling businesses when the reality is I straight up can't afford most things because rent is nearly twice as much as when my parents were my age, and one year at university takes more money than it would have taken them to get a 4 year degree. And that's all after considering inflation.

Now we're seeing Early Zoomers posting nostalgia on social media for the late 00s-early 10s. Feels so weird, that stuff used to be widely considered the downfall into shit era.

Attached: 1549127539779.jpg (740x892, 110K)

Got a link to that zoomer song m8?

Me too. Did 2 years as a Para. Was OK but nothing i would not do again. You?

sure thing old man
youtu.be/gAs9HZC9c7Y
try not to let it LITERALLY BLOW YOUR MIND

Attached: 1552397084220.jpg (419x440, 18K)

>338 million views

How many of these are bots?

probably none, it's a genuinely good song. boomers like to shit on mumble rap or rappers in general when they don't realize that songs like that have a LOT of nuance and sublety, sixnine in particular is a smart ass motherfucker musically

To each his own I suppose. I'm not a fan of gangster rap as it promotes alot of bad things that youths will come to emulate in the future, even if it is musically sound.

>Call a zoomed a faggot
>He starts crying, reporting you while call you worse things like Nazi and so on, not realizing the hypocrite he is

In my opinion the term Nazi has lost its initial meaning and now just simply means "someone I don't like".

Tech evolves faster than animals. The cave man who invented the wheel was literally a zoomer, was probably ridiculed like one, and then laughed as he zoomed away with his unga wife. Also fuck schools.

Attached: 1536276574455.jpg (720x849, 40K)

Honestly, I blame SSRI's, tap water, pussified TV and shit school lunches for that. a 70 year old man from the 1700's would have more testosterone than a 20 year old man today. Bullying helped me toughen up, learn how to take shit and what not. And bare in mind recesses are cut down, P.E. stops being a daily routine after middle school and you're sat down for 9 hours a day thinking of ways to kill yourself or waiting to get home to fire one out. Having videogames is a fucking god send to us.

Attached: 1533930498649.png (1061x800, 1.04M)

Op here, I actually like older music, despite being a late 80's dude.
try this on for size,
youtube.com/watch?v=Gru4IfbKlfU
youtube.com/watch?v=-NJXVXbO6oI
much better than zoomer shit.

>Blue magic
Holy shit user, who are you and where can we meet up to for a Dazz Band concert. I'm a zoomer and I grew up with Zapp & Rogers, Earth wind and fire, Stevie wonder, the temptation etc.
Again don't blame zoomers for bad music tastes, that's learned, save that for parents and peer pressure.

A gave dev living in la, I just got tired of getting shit on and zoomer pitches being made at work

Well sir, as a boy grown from atlanta to all over, good soul and R&B is not a foreign thing to me. Some zoomers like normies deviate from what was and I guess want to be in the present with others.People make shit pitches all the time. Normies and stream flowers are ever lasting my friend. I will say, given my upbringing and having the Internet music, games any form of media can weed out the forward striving trend setting normies to those the treasure any era including the present.

Attached: He+bathes+in+gravy+regularly+he+keeps+_17fd012ccde209beef3e6ab6435fd225.jpg (262x200, 13K)

How did you get into all of these oldschool things if you were born so late?

My beautiful coal burning white mom. She was heavily into soul, funk, r&b, jazz, colorful woman. And I wanna pass that taste down too. I can't stress it enough man. The future chasers do not define a generation no matter how vocal they are. Hell if not for her, than DOOM/kanye/dilla/madlibs samples would've made me want the source. I think any decent human being can appreciate source material.

Attached: 1536440842652.jpg (307x223, 24K)

indeed, my good fellow