How much would you be willing to donate towards a kickstarter for a modern 2d Fighting Game Maker program that can...

How much would you be willing to donate towards a kickstarter for a modern 2d Fighting Game Maker program that can replace M.U.G.E.N. ?

Attached: latest[1].jpg (656x517, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4Dm_P8Khl3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm sure you'd find funding. But you'd need to prove yourself. Backwards compatibility is a must too.

I'd like one based around a platforming fighter, but an upgraded mugen would be nice too. SSF2 once had the idea of having custom characters, but the idea was scrapped and the devs never discussed it again.

1 peso.

Just to annoy all of the population in mexico

$0.
mugen is still entirely functional, and gets characters made all the time.

So.. FreeSmash?

never heard of it

Mugen is a closed source DOS program that has been hacked half to death to run on modern systems. It is ridiculously outdated and a replacement could be made which can run cross-platform with ease and take advantage of two dozen advancements in technology since Mugen was released.

And it still works, so there's no reason to replace it, and no one will want to replace it because of it.

well get on it user. I'm expecting big things from you

Attached: 1537770478618.webm (640x800, 1.98M)

FreeSmash?

Attached: image.png (640x480, 100K)

This mentality is why Mugen has such a shitty reputation.

Attached: image.png (640x480, 131K)

I'd be down for an open source ez fighting game engine as long as you avoid the common open source pitfall of shitty UI

Not sure if kickstarter is the best choice for funding platform though, considering you'd need some reward tiers.

if it has a shitty reputation then you're obviously not someone who fucking makes mugen content, and that is exactly why your shit pre-shill is failing, faggot.

>all those horribly scaled and mismatching sprites

Have these niggers never heard of CRT-Royale?

Attached: 099834.jpg (258x195, 11K)

The only way a new engine could replace Mugen is by being backwards compatible with 99% of existing Mugen assets from the moment it launched.

Is this supposed to be an image that converts Mugen non-believers?

Attached: image.png (640x480, 137K)

Attached: image.png (640x480, 113K)

no just posting my mugen

Attached: image.png (640x480, 148K)

there are alot of spergs though, pic unrelated

Attached: kisspng-m-u-g-e-n-dark-souls-m-bison-dragon-wiki-claw-5ac274a6bab279.6003855215226932867647.jpg (900x1040, 166K)

Please use ReShade over top of your Mugen to add more effects to allow your sprites to match each other better.

Doesnt reshade fuck up mugen 1.1

Do you have any screenshots of reshade running with Mugen? I want to see please.

Attached: image.png (640x480, 112K)

Attached: retroarch 2019-04-02 03-23-27.jpg (640x480, 437K)

I have no idea, never tried.

You should try putting a screenshot in RetroArch and applying shaders. That is the potential that is out there, but I do not know any way to implement it.

0$

Your fortune: Godly Luck

By the way this was just a rough test the limitation of 640x480 is apparent. To do it right you'd want to run in 1600x1200 or higher.

Fuck MUGEN.
Literally just take the character creation from Honey Select/Koikatu, give console modding support for new costume pieces, and strap on the engine from Fighter Maker 2.

Attached: FM2.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Imagine this post except about furries

This is what mugen autism looks like

Here is CRT-Royale on default settings in 1600p. Be sure to view this in 1:1 ratio in an image viewer, your browser will probably not display it correctly.

It's MUGEN, so likely, every character was made by a different person, none of whom are working to the same scales or standards. It's pretty unavoidable unless you find big collections of characters all done by one guy with consistent quality.

This Broly on the left is MY CHARACTER. I repeat, he's MY CHARACTER meaning that you can't upload the files on your website. If you want to download him, you need to go to MY web 1.0 ad-ridden site to get these files. I DO NOT permit any Mugen community websites to steal and host this Broly.

Attached: Goku SSJ3 vs Broly.webm (632x472, 2.62M)

That look an good TOO BAD I HAVE INTERGRATED GRAPHICS

>I don't like mugen, it's shit
>but I want to get everyone who likes mugen to pay for me to try and make something that's going to be even worse than a closed source dos hackjob
kekus maximus.

I'm not OP
Just pointing out mugen medically severe autism

Nothing because I couldn't be fucked to do everything myself.
I remember a long time ago someone was making videos of an absolute god tier custom Mugen with amazing music/character/UI + some amazing custom stages and consistant character resolution and I remember the hit counter was called "Showtime". I really really really really wanted to play that one but he never shared it and deleted his youtube account..

Attached: 1532440470625.jpg (250x250, 18K)

forgot attachment

With shaders you can mitigate this mismatch. Theoretically each sprite could be pre-scaled independently to a shader before rendering in a Mugen replacement program.

Attached: retroarch 2019-04-02 03-34-54.jpg (1942x1461, 2.81M)

The evil ryu and evil ken by reu are still the best thing that came from mugen.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Dm_P8Khl3I

Pick a resolution you want your Mugen game to run at and name that as the Native Resolution of the game. Pre-scale every sprite to this resolution in photoshop/gimp/whatever and your game will look a lot better. No integrated graphics needed.

Only if its a professionally made H-mugen type game

>forgetting based evil dan

it's a shame that he's like 80% complete compared to those evil ken/ryu versions

cringe-worthy garbage

I fucking loved MUGEN and would kill for a new update for it. If whatever you're proposing doesnt have support for old MUGEN characters, however, it'll be DOA.

>lol animation frames wut

>3 cartoony anime characters
>on western background of a game that was made to look live action

Ikemen is an open source mugen reimplementation that seems to be doing the work fine

MUGEN is still more pratical and less buggy but Ikemen has potential.

I've been thinking for some time if I should make some sort of framework in Godot.
but i want to go the 3d route

16x32 pixel anime character vs 1080p prerendered 3d character the game

On a hunch I googled "Ikemen tutorial" and as expected there are a dozen video tutorials describing all the bullshit hoops you have to jump through to enable online play.

>mugen was done for free
>wanting a kickstarter for a replacement
How about you go fuck yourself

Attached: image.png (1280x720, 175K)

20$. Compared to 0$ especially if there was an easy way to export your own games

Mugen also made no money and stopped receiving support 15 years ago.

where the new fighter op

officially. There's still workarounds and modified clients that get released all the time.

>>mugen was done for free
But that's wrong. You were supposed to pay when the trial ran out.

What's the best way of putting together a mugen roster from scratch? I've not done it in years.

And many of the customization is character-side

>open source Mugen replacement
>uses electron
>”””””minimalist “””””” ui
>have “”””””community guideline"”””””””

I once saw a friend of mine playing some One Piece game and while the game itself seemed eh/10 it looked like it had a lot of potential for a 3d mugen-ish game.
>Characters are anything from "generic mook" to "fukken whitebeard"
>Characters selected are valued by points or something, so your team could be 50x generic mook or 1x Whitebeard or some variation therein

Take that system, make some kind of open source 3d fighter (As in, 3d movement rather than 2d), and let people go whole hog on ripping models/animations from other games to make shit. The biggest hurdle for such a thing seems to me to be making AI for a 3d fighter compared to AI for a 2d fighter, since even my brainlet self was able to make a shitty MUGEN character work somewhat.

>donating
Zero.

3D fighters sucks.