What combat related stuff should Nioh 2 copy from Sekiro?

>inb4 talks about level deisgn, loot, enemy variety

I said combat related you cunts!!

Attached: nioh-2-announcement-trailer-e3-2018.jpg.optimal.jpg (1080x600, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyotomi_Hideyoshi
youtube.com/watch?v=j14e9zTnVbk
youtube.com/watch?v=zK0CAdbmPlI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nothing

Nothing

I want more ROBERRRTOOOO

Attached: Capture.png (415x263, 225K)

Good clashing sounds.

literally nothing

Nioh had better combat than Sekiro.

Oh yeah, this... Also more 'visceral' blocking animations

Deflecting

cinematic boss finishers
not in sekiro but different finishers for different weapons

There is a skill that does that in Nioh, but obviously the execution is not 100% the same

This

Already exists and also doesnt simplify the game like in Sekiro. It's just much harder to time.

Could definitely use this, hitting people with axe/hammer in nioh just doesn't feel that good when compared to a souls game.

Jump button would be cool. Also fuck living weapons and fuck overpowered ninjutsu.

First Nioh was pretty much perfect with the exception of what I stated above. If we just get more Yokai, i'd be happy.

Attached: file.png (854x480, 1.13M)

jump button

The audio and visual effects mainly. A timed guard mechanic already technically existed in the Ki Recovery (Timely Guard) effect (and others) but that one should be made standard.

just Timely Guarding or Parry to work on Yokai or some sort of other Yokai counters is all
I still have to test whether or not Timely Guard nullifies elemental projectiles as well as reduces received Ki damage
or maybe the nullify elemental projectile with Timely Guard was just due to Yata Mirror

Nothing. Nioh already has way more depth than Sekiro.
if they wanted, they could add some more enemies with rush attacks that consecutive perfect parries do loads of ki damage to.
Nioh 2 will have expanded combat with Yokai abilities, character creation and more enemy types.
hopefully they also nerf ninjutsu, stat & item cheesing or bring in consequences for their abuse.
(I also hope they add some jumping & air combat).

I feel like more finishers like the final boss ones would have been really great and been perfect for the other colossal yokai bosses like Umi Bozu and Gasha Dokuro without oversaturating the game with them. Imagine tearing the orb right outta that blob and cutting it in two or smashing it to pieces.

That's already in the game, but for only 2 bosses.

Nothing. Fuck sekiro.

I don't think that should affect elemental damage. What weapon were you using?

The movesets for the player were good, the real problem was that human enemies were invalidated by exploiting a few of the moves and youkai either didn't care at all or instantly died when you applied the elemental confusion debuff.

1kat against Mitsunari's 4 ranged slashes and I nullified the middle two with blocking somehow
I'll try to reproduce it later

These pretty much

They mainly just have to change the back Iai crumple to be one per combo like how the knockdowns are, I dont know why they didn't do that to begin with. Of course they also decided to give Confusion a defence debuff and make all the prerelease changes so who knows.

More distinct playstyles, like when going ninja build, I want to be moving like Hayabusa.

Nothing. Nioh's combat is leagues ahead of anything From has ever made. Sekiro has Nioh beat in terms of atmosphere and world design, but Nioh is a far better action game than "parry forever and then deathblow"

but then everyone will put points in the ninja skill tree to move like Hayabusa

And it won't be distinct anymore.

>Sekiro has Nioh beat in terms of atmosphere and world design
It's almost like one game is a made up world and the other is not

They can balance it in a way that it's more squishy and most people hate dying in one hit.

I mean, Nioh might as well be a made up world. Yeah, they say "Sekigahara" and "Nobunaga" but it's still an exaggerated pseudo-japan with mist and billion year old demon trees and trickster spirits lurking everywhere.

I see. I quite recently looked into blocking more thoroughly and that Timely Guard-esque effect of greatly reducing Ki cost is actually only present on mid stance for 1kat and kusarigama, though I didn't check it for elemental damage. Actually, what spirit did you have equipped, and do you have any Nullify Damage effects?

Diagonal running animations when you’re locked on to an enemy. That’s literally my only gripe with the game besides the enemy variety to be honest.
More weapon variety/different combat styles for existing weapons would be great too. Ideally I would want a fully customizable moveset with premade options for people who won’t bother

user, if you take away the demon shit in Nioh, most of the shit actually happened.

Jumping

>If you take away the spirits and the amrita and the english warlock and every boss and the ninja cat clock, there really was a battle in japan in 1600, and there was a guy named William Adams
A historical backdrop does not make Nioh a historical game. The story focuses on the magic, and the Sengoku period is merely set dressing.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokugawa_Ieyasu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyotomi_Hideyoshi

A bunch of the levels were real locations... Itsukushima shrine, Fushimi Castle, etc...

The reason the running animations look so awkward is because initially you weren't supposed to be able to circlestrafe running at all, and you would turn if you tried to do so. Most of the game was balanced around this and changing it due to people complaining instead of just learning to play caused a lot of issues with the game.

Hideyoshi is not in the game, why would you link him in particular?

I know. I know all of the characters are named after real people. It doesn't change what I said. It's like saying that Princess Mononoke is based on a true story because Japan made rifles during the Muromachi period.

Make it non level-based

I fucked up, meant to link his son.

This.

william is real and a chad unlike the beta you play in sekiro

It's just as much historical fiction as the samurai warriors games. almost every character is a fictional analogue of someone who existed, positions intact, accurate to the time depicted.

Not sure why Yasuke was ape'ing the Shizuma style and aesthetic though.

Bad comparison.
Nioh's characters, locations, and events are real. But injected with fantasy.

Sekiro stole gameplay elements from Nioh

oh, William was changed to be Irish instead of English, likely because of Irish folklore like the Sidhe.

playing nioh for the first time and godamn i love the tonfas

most fun weapon style by far

But the game IS based on a true story. The turmoil after Hideyoshi's death and Sekigahara all happened. There just wasn't yokai and William didn't fight, but there is far more accurate than you're giving credit. Even Nagamasa's goofy helmet.

Tonfa are a blast, just wait till you get Kannagi.

Static weapons instead of WoW/Diablo loot. I want more of an action game with less RPG elements. Makes it easier for them to balance boss fights to be actually difficult.

ah yes, I had Nine Tails as 2nd Guardian which had a 16% chance
and yeah, mid stance timely guard reduces received Ki damage by about 2/3 for me
there's little they have to do to the combat then

The events that took place in nioh were almost completely accurate. Look up the clifnotes on the tail end of the sengoku period leading into edo

you clearly didnt do the dlc or play ng+

Sekiro is normie trash

I did, high levels of NG+ are especially a mess and require you to make effortless meme builds.

diablo loot is the ultimate pleb filter

you only have to start making optimised builds at way of the nioh you must be trash

That's what I mean by high levels of NG+. I'm not talking about late Way of the Strong. I'm talking about like NG+++.

Yeah, just give that to every weapon, revert a bunch of changes and don't mess up too hard and they'll be solid. But I really don't expect them to see what needs to be done. Wish they'd just show something, anything to give an idea of where the game will go.

fpbp

Even if you get that far you can easily make plenty builds based around actually playing the game, or simply use consumables to do so. The only reason people think they have to resort to oneshot builds is because they don't bother spending the few minutes (over the course of the entire game) to actually see what does what.

And calling it NG+. You can move back at any time. Did everyone forget what difficulty modes are?

>It's a Ritalinbot thread
More like Retardbot

Smoothness and optimisation

What do people see in Nioh's combat? The dodging and movement felt good but the actual combat was basically just spamming 1-2 moves

WotN with the old movement would have been fucking unplayable

>Tonfa are a blast
literally, because that's their only viable move

>The dodging and movement felt good but the actual combat was basically just spamming 1-2 moves

What are you talking about? There are tons of moves that all have unique uses.

And they're all overshadowed by a few bread and butter moves. The stance mechanic was a giant meme too because you really spend most of your time in just one stance.

Nioh was the one that commonly hit 60fps on base PS4, though while it didn't have the input buffer issues Souls games generally have (not sure if Sekiro fairs better here) it at least had an alternative method to avoid the delay caused by having dodge and dash be on the same button. I hope in 2 they finally separate the two.

>but the actual combat was basically just spamming 1-2 moves
That's literally every action game, the depth comes from how you apply those moves, not how many moves you use

>The stance mechanic was a giant meme too because you really spend most of your time in just one stance.

Sure, if you're a retard who plays it like a Souls game. Optimal play involves using a lot of different moves and stances constantly. At least until you get to mega-endgame and make some meme 1-shot build.

>Optimal play involves using a lot of different moves and stances constantly.
No, it really doesn't. Not in WotN/Abyss, at least.

Sekiro feels much more like Ninja Gaiden than Nioh ever was

Why don't you read the entire post before you respond next time.

You underestimate me, but more importantly you underestimate yourself. Even leaving out the other changes, dashing was still as strong as it is now, as were many of the buffs, debuffs and elements.
Thanks for noticing but you really don't know what viable means.

>There are a lot of viable moves on the piss easy difficulties
Fascinating.

I am not a console peasants and the nioh pc version was unplayable

Yes. There are is a lot of variety in the first 150 hours of the game. Truly redundant.

>but you really don't know what viable means.
God I fucking hate you "everything is viable, just use whatever you like :)" niggers

You don't need 150 hours to hit WotN.
Besides, the lower difficulties are mostly just activate LW and faceroll.

Guess this is the thread to ask in. On my first playthough, just killed the toad demon. I've got what, like a region or two left until NG+? Also, I use 1 katana like 95% of the time, haven't been able to settle on a second weapon. Have an odachi equipped, but barely use it, and I don't want to write off weapons that seem like shit because I hadn't unlocked any skills for them. So, any suggestions?

1kat is all you'll ever need desu

Even at that point you can make several easy to acquire builds focused on survivability and every stance still offers several important advantages in both moves and movement. Think I'm repeating myself.

Name all the uses for attacks other than parry and iai/sotc on 1kat and 2kat

oh and windstorm for 2kat too

Retards like you probably say Sekiro combat is all just deflect and R1. The game gives you option to make the fight easier but people who never bothered to learn how to apply them to combat just assume that the combat is just spamming the same moves. You can spend 3 minutes on a boss by staying in Mid stance all the time or you could cut that time in half by knowing when and how to do high damage combos with high stance, you could also spend time blocking and recovering your stam from blocking or change to light stance to dodge.
The game gives you options to make your life easier, not doing those things doesn't mean they're meaningless.
It's like saying leveling up in souls is meaningless because people could do level 1 runs.

oh that's easy, you spam flowing shadow on every yokai. it even works in LW

Good thing that's not at all what I was implying. I love you "only the easy thing people told me is good works, everything else is SHIT" types, just so transparent.

Sure feels that way sometimes, there are very few situations where I think "man X weapon would make this easier". So at this point just use my second weapon slot for set piece bonuses essentially?

>Retards like you probably say Sekiro combat is all just deflect and R1.
I mean, no, upgraded tools are really strong, but combat arts could really use some buffs.
>or you could cut that time in half by knowing when and how to do high damage combos with high stance
Or you could just use whichever special move you have that shits out damage far faster than any of your combos.

Two regions, not including the DLC. Can't really recommend a specific weapon to try, all of them are fun. You should get about enough skill points through a Samurai playthrough to learn all the moves for two weapons, and you can easily respec to swap skills to train Proficiency as well, so all I can say is you should definitely pick up any weapon

I would but I'm getting deja vu of blowing out someone who acted the same way and asked the same thing. Go look it up, I'm playing vidya and -
>actually using Windstorm out of all the non-SotC 2kat skills as an example
You're clearly not worth it.

Each weapon has it's specialties but they're generally filled with options and can handle any situation. You can use one if you want but there's a lot of worth and fun to be found.
Which changes based on weapon, stance, the status of you and the enemy, the Ki of you both and the size of the opening. If you don't know the difference between when to use Moonlit Snow, Imperative Strike and Twin Moons for example, you have a long way to go.

>watch "Nioh 2 - PS4 Interview | E3 2018" on Playstation YT channel
>subs are fucking [SPEAKS FOREIGN LANGUAGE]

Attached: 1545336789562.png (290x400, 119K)

I think my issue is that I played the first level with onryoki a lot, gathering amrita to level some early skills and try weapons out. Single katana was the first weapon that really clicked for me so I just stuck with it. And now it's been so long I never really gave anything else a fair shake.

I will say that bath house mission with the raven tengu and flying bolt was some frustrating bullshit. Raven tengu being super aggressive and the flying bolt just hanging back and spamming its slow debuff was plain frustrating. I try not to use slot talismans or living weapon too much because they feel cheap, but I made an exception for them. Besides that one encounter, only other enemy that I hate is nue, for some reason he always gives me trouble and leaves me shitter shattered more often than not.

Jumping and a less retarded parry system.
Unlocking the special parries in Nioh made anything you could parry completely trivial but it did nothing to everything else.

I enjoy the loot system in Nioh and like shifting passives onto a pet weapon I wanna make into a big dick killing tool

Based
/thread

>what should the game with the best arpg combat copy from a game with average combat?
lel

>enemy variety
but that is combat related, baka

there is no real need for jumping
but it's true that the parrying is too strong, especially in combination with stat stacking
however, that was only true for single and dual katanas, since every other weapon had shit parries
so they also need to fix those unbalances between weapons

I am replaying nioh after reading about the sengoku period and I am enjoying it 10x more

when is early 2019?
I hope they're just waiting for people to get bored of Sekiro before releasing more news

You can build your William to several Omnyo and Ninjitsu builds, most of them are broken. Sekiro in my experience is much more limited, most of them revolves around mastering parries window,

Well, there's no time like the present if you want to give them a shot. This game makes it really easy to dip into things like that, and you can see all of the skills without getting them too.

That encounter can be pretty rough. I find the best option to be focusing on killing the bolt first while mainly watching the tengu, keeping her between you both and blocking her slow sweeps. You can also aim to break the tengu's Ki to make him easier to control while fighting the bolt. The big arena helps a lot, as do the three most important tools in the game, dashing, dash attacks and dodge attacks. Using those more helps with everything, including Nue.
To be fair, every enemy either had extremely quick attacks from low stance, unparriable attacks or both. They did do too much damage though but just about everything in the game does too much damage, so if they balance things out right it would be ok. I would have liked to be able to use parries (and all stance skills) during LW, they could even have let you parry other LWs and the oni during it. Just gonna have to wait and see how the yokai trigger works.

unplayable kek nice toaster

When I got sent back to the shrine I looked at my skills, and had a bunch of samurai points. I put points into flowing shadow to try it out, that and the parries are borderline broken.

As an aside, the blacksmith. I've unlocked the extra two item quick selects and have been putting points into the soulforging and forging options to reduce their costs. Since I have to old man now and have more options, just keep reducing those costs for future NG+ savings? I've been selling all white and yelllow equipment and deconstructing everything else for components for later.

It doesn't have to copy anything. Nioh 2 obviously won't be as good as Sekiro, but I still don't want it to be similar and I am still going to play it. Just make a different type of combat so there is variety.
This they could copy though. Sekiro probably has the best weapon clashing sounds out of any game.

It absolutely fucking did not. Nioh didn't even have better combat than Bloodborne. Sekiros is far above either of their combat.
Nioh combat was one of the weak points of the game it was so bad.

Attached: Maximum Bait.jpg (625x626, 40K)

>Nothing. Nioh already has way more depth than Sekiro.
Nioh fanboys might be the most delusional fanbase currently in existence.
Nioh had
>zero depth in enemy variety
>zero depth in level design variety
>zero depth in story
>extremely mediocre combat, nowhere near as good or as complex as Sekiros combat
Nioh was a complete shitshow and failure of a game, but maybe Nioh 2 will be good. I like to think they learned from their mistakes and Nioh 2 will not be similar at all to the trash the first one was.

>waaaah I can't I-frame through every attack

Attached: 1552424837920.png (800x750, 106K)

user, it is you who is baiting. Nioh had terrible combat, it was DS2 tier.

Make it like the original demos. The final build is so braindead that the “better/deeper combat than Soulsbornero” is invalid, what’s the point of having such a massive/varied movelist when you’re fighting literal sandbags. It’s about quality vs. quantity, Souls may have less moves but the enemies and bosses make me strategize and think way more than I ever had to in Nioh.
I like the game, I really do. But dumbing down the final game was one of the worst vidya decisions in years.
Just bring back the original difficulty and add all the new features, potential GOAT action RPG on our hands.

Don't make it "i-frame spam: the game" this time.

?
You literally can't do that in Sekiro, it has no i-frames except during finishing moves. But of course, the delusional Nioh fanboy has no idea how Sekiros far superior combat works.

>What combat related stuff should Nioh 2 copy from Sekiro?
>Nioh copying Sekiro

lmao. the state of FROMdrones

Attached: grayons.png (558x614, 45K)

>it has no i-frames except during finishing moves

Attached: 1543833344438.gif (367x337, 2.25M)

Sounds good, forging doesn't really cost much compared to soul matching or reforging though, and upgrading the shop inventory and selling prices is nice to have. Having a stockpile of materials is good but the rarity of them eventually won't matter so you can disassemble everything if you want more and they're easy to get as they are. Money can become more important later too, though the Amrita gains from offering are solid as well. Remember to check each day what your clan gives you for donating specific items, it can net you some nice stuff.

>You literally can't do that in Sekiro, it has no i-frames except during finishing moves

>he doesn't know

Attached: 1367678427749.gif (245x188, 674K)

>Nioh was a complete shitshow and failure of a game
yikes your opinion is shit
Sekiro fanboys might be the most delusional fanbase currently in existence if they think Sekiro had more depth than Nioh

cope

nioh was trash.
Nioh 2 has potential but only if it's exclusive and doesn't pander to causals who complained about the alpha like the first one did.

>who complained about the alpha
Only nipfags did that.

snoy fag mad its not a ps4 exclusive

okay and? it still ruined the game

>okay and?
Then complain to the nips, and not here.

Nioh 2 will be an exclusive PS5 launch title

Attached: gold.png (327x316, 208K)

Trash is very extreme but the game was severely crippled by that shit without a doubt. Gotta love how things turned out, people bitch it's unfair instead of learning to play, they buy the game and applaud the changes that do nothing but make it both easier and less fair, while still bitching it's unfair, when learning to play would still be the answer required anyway. It's a comedy and a tragedy.
That's who they listen to the most, though they certainly weren't the only ones by any means. Problem is though that a developer realizing they made a mistake and reverting poor changes directly to build on previous strengths instead of just trying to bullshit their way through with further changes is rarer than a five leaf clover. Nioh is filled with examples of that.

Nothing Nioh 1 was perfect the constant free updates were amazing.

ill be playing nioh 2 on my ps6 when its released
just like the people who waited for nioh 1 youtube.com/watch?v=j14e9zTnVbk

Are you sure? Here and the other forum cried rivers over alpha Muneshige.

>what’s the point of having such a massive/varied movelist when you’re fighting literal sandbags.
This was my problem with the game and I didn't even play the alpha. You can add as many combos and stances and moves as you want, but if the enemies are shit, you can't call it deep. Souls and Sekiro combat shines because the enemy design is very good, even if your moves are quite basic (especially in Souls). Nioh has so many flashy things but the enemies suck so the combat does not feel engaging and there's no point in using advanced tactics. Only Yuki-Onna and Muneshige were good. The enemy variety is also complete trash so once you develop a strategy to deal with the enemies you do not have to learn new timings or anything else. The red oni appear through the whole game and even if they get a new coat of paint they only gain a single ranged attack that doesn't track and is completely useless. Aside from that, same moveset. And you probably kill thousands of them. The way they implement difficulty encourages cheesing as well. Simply grabbing two bosses from the main game and tossing them at you without adding anything is just lazy. And I say this after having beaten Yuki-Onna + Nobunaga.

Attached: corvian knight.png (865x773, 536K)

Reskined enemies in souls with the same moveset sure.

what muneshige? alpha ended at nue

>dlc adds exclusive weapon types
Nioh was kike bullshit. Dlc even requires you to grind into ng+ to do anything there.

If you are into trophy hunting, put all the points in sell prices mark up. You will need it for the 60 requests trophy

Do I bother playing Nioh to the end when the sequel is coming?
By end I mean, clear all the ways and grind my way to overpowered Ethereal gear.

>dlc adds content
wtf I hate nioh now

>And I say this after having beaten Yuki-Onna + Nobunaga
lel you haven't seen 90% of the game and you can easily outlvl that fight

come back after you are around hundred floors deep into the abyss if you want to talk about the games actual difficulty

Nioh is a good game sure but it has many flaws and it comes nowhere close to Sekiro in several areas. The level design is nothing special, enemy variety is absolutely atrocious and you basically spend most of the game fighting the exact same enemy. I also liked Sekiro's vague and mystical story/world a lot more than the historical shit in Nioh. The combat doesn't feel as good as Sekiro's even though it supposedly has far more to it.

Muneshige was the Beta. There was much crying about both.
The enemies and bosses were good though. You're leaving out such a wide amount of them that do far more than you say, the variability of the Ki system in how they act and are fought and any influence the area and what combinations they can be found in has, except for some weak comment about dual bossed being lazy as if that has any bearing on the encounter itself. It could have used the enemies it had a bit better (the Alpha had more enemies in the missions it had so they were likely removed elsewhere) but that is where the combat options come in. Also you might want to play the DLC now as that adds some more enemies and has more great bosses.

Only if you're bad. DLC is an advanced casual filter.

We have no news yet still so there's time to get things done and rest before we get to see and play 2.

>come back after you are around hundred floors deep into the abyss if you want to talk about the games actual difficulty
That wasn't a thing when I played the game and Nioh didn't give me any incentive to come back. I don't have the desire to fight the extra 20 Onryokis they probably added, except this time they have some extra 0s in their HP bars to make you grind more gear.

How is Nioh? I've been eyeing it for a while now but people keep comparing it to dark souls and calling it a ripoff ,that shit is really off putting. How much truth is there to that?

>"nioh combat is good"
>spam ki damaging attacks over and over
>win against every enemy

>The enemies and bosses were good though
I did not like them. I think the only regular enemy that actually scared me was the ninja oni, mostly because it killed me often when I was just starting out. But aside from that I didn't find the others very interesting. The big-tongued ogres could deal insane damage, but the moveset wasn't interesting. I felt like this applied to a lot of enemies. Some were just trivial, like the red oni that the game spammed all over the place. Others were similar except they had a bullshit attack that did massive damage that you had to watch out for, but you usually stunlocked and killed them before they even got the chance to throw it out in the first place. And if you got hit, don't worry, you auto-resurrected with your ninja scrolls and forged forward. Also none of the bosses except Yuki-Onna and Muneshige felt as good as even average-level bosses in the Souls series.
I forgot to add, the level design was also atrocious. It's like they checked Souls levels and asked themselves "what makes a good level? Oh, shortcuts!" and they went on to create the most mind-numbingly boring stages I have ever seen except there's a door to the shrine in some place so that was good enough for them. My most hated level was that mansion/dungeon with the colored crystals. It's like they put more effort in it than any other area in terms of complexity and it actually came out worse.
Also I love Nioh's core combat system, I'm just sad about the game it got stuck in.

Attached: ebrietas.jpg (550x544, 66K)

It's like Souls only in the sense that it's in 3rd person view and you have to learn patterns and watch for openings (also learn to parry against humans) to defeat bosses.
Then it ceases to be like Souls and becomes more like Diablo, where you have randomly itemized loot and the ability to learn weapon/ninja/magic skills to give yourself an edge. And the game expects you to learn and use these things, so the hard factor never lets up.

It's clearly inspired by Dark Souls but it does some things better. It's not an uninspired rip-off.

It's not a ripoff. I would actually like the game more if it borrowed more from Souls in some aspects, especially with the game's stages. The combat system is great, enemy design and variety is trash, Diablo loot is trash, over-reliance on numbers and builds over skill is trash. Some people really like it though and it is very different than Souls, so if that's the thing that's holding you from buying the game, don't worry.

Nioh 2 should focus even more heavily on deflecting and muh honorabru Samuraimi bs than Sekiro did. Instead of jumping around and stealthing and using dickass prosthetics, you should be urged to clash swords with your enemy by timing your attack animation with theirs, or charge at them and time your slash just right so it hits them first and then you do the whole sheating muh katana and suddenly a wind slash pressure cuts everything. Hell they can keep the Mikiri counter.

Attached: 3243.jpg (1242x944, 927K)

Hino-enma was harder than the vast majority of souls bosses imo, even arguable compared to Sekiro. It's like suddenly Team Ninja forgot theyre making a Soulslike game and simply slapped a DoA moveset to her so she can karate kick spam you in a blink of an eye.

Not nearly as much as people parrot. It shares a few sensibilities but if you play it like Souls it'll be boring and you'll have a harder time. It has a much more refined and deep combat system and many more options in moves, tools and how to build your character, such that you should approach it like ARPG DMC if anything, trying to learn and improve all you can in the mechanics from the very start. It's easy to break, but the fun isn't in that.

Nioh kinda plays very close to Sekiro in dynamics at least, I want them to move away from souls formula a bit like From did. Get combat a second gear, make is faster.
They were already on right track so probably will be better than first game already.
Too bad Surge 2 devs won't learn and make another souls clone.

nioh had shit bosses desu
they should steal the idea that it's okay to give bosses more than 3 moves each

this. that's what I meant, hope sekiro 2 goes into samurais territory instead of sneaky combat.

most sekiro bosses barely got 4 moves, and nioh also got exceptions same as sekiro

Thanks, sounds like general consesus is that the game is alright. I thought it was just generic shit that tried to ride on the dark souls success train, that's what a lot of anons were saying when it released and it kinda stuck with me. I'll give it a try

Attached: 1544665792531.jpg (640x480, 86K)

Given the tease of a Not!Devil Trigger in the E3 trailer, I wont be surprised if they dropped the souls combat and became a Ninja Gaiden/DMC hack and slash game instead.

Why does every Nioh thread I look into has like 80% of it seethe about Sekiro? Same with every NG thread seething about DMC. Can Team Ninja fags not discuss their games without being mad at other vaguely similar games?

>Ninja Gaiden/DMC hack and slash game
please no, I think it needs to keep a balance
I like nioh and sekiro, would be great if two could be merged but not turned into DMC at the same time

Pre-release Sekiro threads were infested with shitposters saying how Nioh would be better than Sekiro. Then the game actually came out, and now only seething hatred remains in those individuals. I doubt they're even true Nioh fans, they're just contrarians, like the Dark Souls 2 defense force. From Software games are well liked nowadays so it's not cool to enjoy them anymore, Nioh is the next best thing as a pretty niche title that is not terrible.

Attached: plain doll.jpg (850x1202, 104K)

Because Ninja Gaiden is dead, Team Ninja could easily make Nioh its spiritual sequel. It's also different enough from DMC to stand out.

Why make it like Sekiro if they know they can't compete with it?

Since they seem to be focusing solely on combat since every other part of Nioh was mediocre, they should make combat as complex as DMC in the sequel so the game would have at least something good in it. Or they could improve the enemy variety, unfuck the level design and work on atmosphere. And remove that shit diablo loot for fuck's sake.

Nioh was great, give me more of it with new levels to explore. Don't fall for the open world mame

This is the dumbest post I've seen from a soulsfag to date. This is why no one takes you guys seriously.

not an argument

Yeah, I hope it stays mission based to make farming specific bosses more consistent. I'd rather they work on enemy placement on a per mission basis for challenge than try to do an open world system.

There's little argument to be had you're just an ignorant retard who doesn't understand why combos exist in the first place. Even better is that you would praise souls game enemy design when it's design is absolute trash. Every single enemy can be beaten the same way with little depth and variety, they're hardly even worth talking about. Grace and Glory are better enemy design than pretty much 95% of all souls games period, prove me wrong.

Not really sure what to say, I found just about every enemy and boss in the game to be well designed and interesting for their role outside of two. You mention the onyudo directly but they had a strong moveset that actively encouraged different responses and paying attention to the differences between their tongues and fists relative to their attacks as well as using the area against them. The only main problem with enemies was that they died too fast, a result of the complaining. I don't know how you could forget about Okatsu, Sakon, Mitsunari, Giant Toad, White Tiger and Ogress either, to name a few.
>the level design was atrocious
Are you being serious? Because there was more to the levels than just very well designed shortcuts as they're not intended to be designed the same way (since no open world) and their layouts were excellent as well. Your direct Souls comparison without talking about anything the levels actually had, on top of hating one of the more intricately designed levels because it had a lot to it (without sacrificing encounter design or keeping each part different) doesn't fill me with much confidence.

You engage in combat with an enemy. What moves are useful and how the dynamic plays is entirely up to the enemy. Nioh's enemies are shit. Therefore the combat system doesn't shine. Your post is not an argument. Apparently I should have waited months for the DLC to come out and then go to this Abyss to fight really powerful Onryokis so that I could start enjoying the combat system and how to stance dance.

>finished this game DLCs two weeks ago
>still can't bother with the last optional missions because Jin and final dual boss combo

Attached: 1423652612926.jpg (270x270, 25K)

Oh no. First soulfags complain about not enough weapons in Nioh, then they complain about DLC adding weapons and now they suck Sekiro's cock for only having 1 weapon.

Once again, you're saying this as though souls games and especially Sekiro are some dynamic combat systems instead of broken by the basic action slogs with enemies that are slow moving retards. Sekiro itself lacks a lot of the nuance that even MGR had with dealing with groups and somehow is more simplistic than zandatsus in execution. It is laughable that anyone would compliment souls games on having good enemy design. There is zero incentive to use any variety of moves because you are one so utterly gimped because the combat system is so simple and two because it is easily broken by just circle strafing and r1 spam. Or if you're playing sekiro just jumping and r1 spam, and yes I've already beaten isshin.

But you can keep pretending that purporting conclusions as fact is a proper argument, just like the brainlet you are for even saying souls games have good enemies. They are babby's first action game tier.

If it serves as any consolation Odachi is by far the most fucking boring weapon type and Tonfa are underpowered, but they're fucking fun.

That's what's known in the business as false flagging. If any two games were to have overlapping fanbases it'd be Nioh and Sekiro.
A very important part of the combat and the game itself is in that balance between the elements of cautious movement, positioning and Ki management and hectic high speed offense, the exact point between all it's influences making it Nioh. That balance was already left in tatters after the Alpha was changed, we don't need it getting even worse.
Or they could just make another Ninja Gaiden. It's only "dead" because they haven't done so in a while.

The onyudo had a multi-hit attack that was extremely dangerous and that was the one attack I was referring to. But yes, most enemies boiled down to "let's shut this enemy down before it can unleash its bullshit" when I prefer "let me learn how to deal with the bullshit and then dispose of the enemy". Also the game really isn't that bad, I am just exaggerating or being biased because of the state the game was in when I played it. With the exception of that one mansion. I really, really hate that level. Something about it completely crushed my soul, maybe how samey it all looked, how complex it was while still being filled of the same easy red onis and maybe a cyclops here or there. I hated that level so much that I took a break of like 3 days when I got to that level again in NG+ because I didn't want to do it again. Anyways I played it on release date, so this was when Sloth talismans and other cheese were king. This is probably why I found the other bosses so forgettable. I didn't read guides, I just stumbled upon sloth and that one bat spirit that gave damage from behind bonus, and I had the great idea that if I tried to stack this damage from behind stat and use it at the same time as sloth, it could be a decent build. I swear I am not joking, when I got to the latter half of the game I was going for those in-game challenges for flawlessing bosses, that's how easy it was. I literally flawlessed the Giant Toad on my first try, because it died in like 5 hits.

This is such a reductionist view that disregards what the enemies and the player and the game actually has to offer that I feel like I wasted my time making that other reply.

Ninja gaiden is dead because no one plays action games, Yea Forums has skewed your mind into thinking there's some large audience pining for a comeback but their isn't. Sekiro threads should be enough to show that most people never get to hard modes in these games, button mash through them, then call it a day on the easier difficulties. They are arcadey masterpieces that require multiple playthroughs to truly understand their mastery and thats too much for modern audiences to chew. They're rather move on mashing and using items like the casuals they are.

Its even funnier when he's defending an objectively simpler game with even less lethal enemies and a broken stealth system to make certain fight trivial which incentivizes cheesing even more than Nioh does.

You're fine, user. I enjoyed your reply. I just enjoy making these other retards seethe. Which isn't to say I lied, I just exaggerated a bit on how I hate Nioh. It is in my opinion the best Souls-like, and I like that it didn't just ape everything From did. If it had more enemy variety and actually good stages, it'd be a really good game. As is, for me, it's just "good".

Just ask for NG4, that way we don't have to deal with dumb bullshit like skilltrees and stats that get in the way of action.

No I'm just saying they don't need to make Nioh into a notNinja Gaiden when they can just, make Ninja Gaiden. The audience isn't the point, it's just silly to treat franchises as living breathing things.

But that's exactly why Ninja Gaiden doesn't exist and thats exactly how the companies that make them function. I love NG to death but it doesn't change the fact that souls garbage is more profitable and popular than action games. Even DMC5 which is the best combat in the series and has the most sales still gets outdone by GoW and Soulshit.

I wish Nioh was readily moddable or was popular enough to get a cracking community
mostly everything could have been fixed regarding balance and difficulty

there's cheatengine shit but it's limited to items, ez mode and player/enemy speed
a balanced but more challenging Nioh "1.3" that highlighted the combat system would have been nice

Attached: Change enemies and player speed separately mod Nioh-zTEAs70T-7M.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Well let's just hope DMC5 sales make TN really think about making Ninja Gaiden 4 because god damn we're overdue for a new game. Fuck soulshit, it has plagued the action genre for too long with its pseudo action elements. Even Sekiro which has almost zero RPG shit is the complete opposite to an action game because all you do is exploit enemy weaknesses over and over with a certain technique

How do plus values work in Nioh? Can't find info anywhere that doesn't conflict with other sources.
You have an item at max level (320 I assume) and then these + numbers to it, think max is 150. I take it they are additional levels, how do I go about increasing them?

Sekiro is only simpler than Nioh if you're a contrarian shitposter that didn't even play the former. Nioh is trivial. I played both games. It's not my fault Nioh was a single player game that needed a million nerfs, several NG cycles and several DLC until it could approach being challenging. I played both games at their respective release, and Sekiro is way more complex and engaging than Nioh, on top of having more artistic merit.

That attack has many ways to be dealt with and turned around on it, I wouldn't even consider it the most dangerous attack it has. There's only one enemy I would describe in those terms and you haven't fought them. The balance is of course a big issue with the game, but if you really banked solely on Sloth etc. despite obviously not having fun using it or actually learning about the combat then you only really have yourself to blame at that point. Also that level is meant to be challenging to get through but each area is still clearly distinct.
You're really not helping your case here either, especially by holding it so tightly to the Souls way of doing things.

>odachi is boring
Why, axe is way worse

Sekiro really isn't and once again you're just saying conclusions without backing anything up. Sekiro is literally MGR with better movement. Zandatsus and breaking enemy guard is just the same as the posture bar. Sub weapons and their utility options are the same as prosthetic moves only that in Sekiro those moves are even more broken. Same shallow broken stealth segments that trivialize encounters, and same usable items that either break or add flavoor to the game. The only people pretending sekiro is some complex new action game are casuals who have never touched action games in their lives. To even pretend sekiro has anything on Nioh's stance switching is bait tier and you are once again, a huge moron.

nobody that fully understands the systems in Nioh would ever say that Sekiro is more complex

Axe is fucking ass but at least it didn't decieve me into thinking it would be rad.

If I had a PC that could run it I'd be even more disappointed than I am about there being no Way of the Conqueror mod. Just have to settle with wooden weapons I suppose.
The game itself explains a bit about them and how to increase them. Essentially, any Divine or Ethereal equipment can have + levels, which add to the base level and increase its stat much higher at a rate of 10 levels (or maxed 999 Familiarity) for 1 + level. So something that's level 150(+10) is comparable to level 250 equipment. Soul Matching a piece of equipment with something that has a greater or equal + level will increase it by 1.

Wot youtube.com/watch?v=zK0CAdbmPlI

Not only are both extremely good but both are tons of fun. I pity those who don't wield and master every weapon

No.

I'm sorry, the conversation came from further above and I was saying that no matter what kind of mechanics you put in Nioh, if it throws you against trivial enemies they're completely wasted and worthless.
I see an Odachi, that's DLC. My experience with Nioh was throwing a spell at a boss, walking behind it, switching to high stance and deleting them in 10 seconds. Did the nerfs/DLC really change that much?

No not really. The nerfs only made the sloth spell wear off much faster but given who many uses you get, you can still break the game with it.

I'm sorry user.

Thanks user.
But damn, it's gonna get expensive.

Yep, like I said to another user money gets important. The price doesn't increase for those Soul Matches though, and Ethereal equipment can get the Reset No. of Soul Matches effect to reset the cost after increasing the base level so many times.

From my 500 hours of playing I would say the tonfas then the odachi are the most fun weapons