There are people on this board who will never know the agony of v1.1 Planetoid C-2...

There are people on this board who will never know the agony of v1.1 Planetoid C-2, specifically when reaching the Life-Up only to miss a jump on the return trip at the last second and have to do it all over again.

Attached: HOLY FUCK I'M GONNA MAKE IT.jpg (690x391, 144K)

Also, I like how they put an extra ladder at the beginning of the flamethrowers on the return trip. Feels like a joke.

Its a lot more doable when you learn the jump button can be used to grab ladders.

>shooter enemy turned into flower'd version of himself that doesn't even shoot
Are they taking the piss?

>7th most popular game on the eshop right now
Feels good, it's well deserved and it's nice to see a niche series get some recognition.

woah are those like retro pixel art graphics like they used to do back in the day

>tfw you didn't get andreia's 4th life up, because you have no idea where it is
I mean, it didn't matter in the end anyways, but still.

>miss a jump on the return trip at the last second and have to do it all over again
I had to do that twice. That planetoid is a crock of shit.
That being said, literally everything else about this game kicks ass. Area-Omega especially; it's a change of pace that underlines the tension and looming hopelessness that the game establishes from minute one, and a great way to show that Eve has the agency she was worried about lacking.

Was it the one above Fred? You need to make a very tight double jump followed by a dash up to a platform from the other end of the room and follow the platform across.

Attached: 1448681594679.png (480x368, 175K)

No, I got that one. I think it was in the area where you push the blocks as Eve before you get Andreia. But not in the cave, because I got that one, too. The map stated that there was one in the area near the cave, but I couldn't find it. There was a third one I got elsewhere, closer to around the area you get andreia in, IIRC.

In other news:
>some knucklehead asks inti about DLC plans.
>Hollow Knight got an "I like the game"/potentially possible comment
>Miriam got a "no comment" with a smirk
>Dante from the Devil May Cry series got a laugh

Oh, that cave is bugged. Even if you get the life up, the map won't recognize that you did and still tell you that something is hidden there.
I ran around in that cave top to bottom at least three times before looking online and seeing that other people had the same problem.

I guess that was one of the bugs they fixed.
Well, shit. Now I wonder if there -IS- a fourth life-up for Andreia.

I'm pretty sure there are four. Can't check right now but I remember:
>the one above Fred
>the one in the interior area that's bugged
>the one at the end of the long hallway
>the one in the mini ladder room

>the one in the mini ladder room
Okay, I think I'm missed this one.
I mean, I already beat the game, but I was curious.

Fuck I just tried making a thread about this game. Fuckin' love it. This one and the previous one.

That moment, man, when you charge up your mega move as Eve, Mmm! Goddamn I love that shit. Had my heart poundin'.

>had rumble on
cool.jpg

The ending sequence made me really fond of Eve as a character. Pulled her weight she did. Went through hell for someone who did the same for her.

what the fuck is this

>the text slowly scrolling as you mash A
>your allies keep popping up as portrait cut-ins
>final CRITICAL HIT style portrait cutaway

Attached: 1553078921156.gif (367x265, 558K)

What the fuck is this fuckin' "Like" shit now?

I guess you get one, man.

I wish I had a capture card so I could sync that moment to the Gunbuster theme, or something equally hot-blooded.

It's the April Fools gimmick. You can also do dumb shit like this.

Your fortune: ( ´_ゝ`)フーン

The fight should have ended there, in my opinion. I get that they needed to give Jason and Sophia one last moment to shine but the actual final boss felt very underwhelming, especially compared to BMZ1's duel.

like!

Alright, I'll be the first to say it.

I want a live action movie of this, mostly practical effects like how'd they'd do it back in the late 80's early 90's.

I personally think it'd be kino.

If we're talking adaptations, then I believe a show, rather than a movie, would be a better fit for this game and the previous one. The visually distinct zones and planets lend themselves to an episodic format, and the longer running time would give each area a greater opportunity to present itself. It would also allow the show to have a greater emphasis on the relationship between Jason and Eve.

Pepipopo should've done a mock anime trailer of BM0 with BM aesthetics

Well, I didn't exactly mean based on these two games, but I feel ya tho.

I was thinking somethin' more akin to the NES one, with some nods to some of the other shit from the other games/books whatever. Like an amalgamation of the series. Just in a kino old school movie format. Complete with cheese. But keeping the undertones of dread and of a pretty much unstoppable, spooky scary multidimensional eldritch abominations that Lovecraft would be proud of.

Like, have a few scenes of ol' boy doin' shit in the cockpit, with switches and buttons and interfaces and shit, bein' able to see outta the cockpit (kinda like what happened in this last one), maybe using a small but detailed Sophia model for jumpin' around and doin' crazy shit, and maybe have some kind of 1 to 1 scaled vehicle that just looks like Sophia to use normally or just ridin' around or whatever.

A man can dream.

>the life-size Sophia is just a lifted Fiero with a body kit

Attached: 1540519965149.jpg (716x669, 97K)

100% fuckin' percent brother. It ain't even gotta be fancy, just look like the bitch, ya know?. Maybe make it to where the gun can move a little, but let the stunt double mini do all the crazy shit.

I don't know about y'all but I love stop motion shit.

>he doesn't know

Your fortune: Very Bad Luck

Just for reference.

Attached: Nintendo-Power-Nov-Dec-1988-39.jpg (951x2000, 97K)

>mfw I was looking up this exact image to post it after reading "stunt double mini"

Attached: 1547197936791.png (680x378, 389K)

Goddamn. It's threads like these that really make me feel good, man. It's a goddamn shame I gotta go to work tomorrow.

Memes aside, bullshit aside, this is distilled Yea Forums in it's purest form, imo.

It's the magic of Eve, ladders, and flathead-screwdriver wheels.

Attached: wp4EN1920.jpg (1920x1080, 1.7M)

What’s the best planet in the game? I cast my vote on Divido. Area boss was kinda lackluster, though.

Honestly, I like the weird plant/water planet ol' melon bitch is from. Really strange place I don't think I'll ever understand.

Eve is the best.

Divido was annoying in tank mode but the dungeons were the best. Best planet in my opinion was Stranga.

Montoj by a long shot. It's the first world that's actually felt like a place people live. There are signs of civilization in other areas, but Montoj has little details like farmland, old-fashioned spike traps, and that little cliff with the grave on it that really give off the impression that you're exploring a living world and not some post-apocalyptic subterranean hellhole.
Flosante is a runner-up. It was a neat concept for a level that really illustrated the fact that you were in space now, and I have to give it credit for not having that bog-standard Green Hill Zone feel that so many platformers have. It was nice to be introduced to bosses from the last game as plain old cannon fodder for Sophia, too. I'm half-expecting to see a Megaman-style disappearing block segment with Photophage in the next game.

UH, ALL THE INVEM, OR MUTANTS AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM...

Seriously, though, do the games ever acknowledge the name change? The enemies in Meta Fight were the Invem, while Blaster Master just called them Mutants and rolled with it, despite names like Invem Them All and Invem Sophia slipping through the cracks. Is there a conversation I may have missed where Eve explains that they're actually the Invem but we all just got used to saying Mutant, or perhaps some other form of handwaving?

Attached: a22.jpg (678x960, 82K)