Sekiro

Now that the dust has settled, and everyone's had time to adapt, was it really all that much more difficult than mainline Souls titles?

I'd say it's still probably bit harder, but not by that much.

Attached: Sekiro_art.jpg (280x350, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/HilariousCarelessToadFeelsBadMan
clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
clips.twitch.tv/PunchyAdventurousMochaBudBlast
youtube.com/watch?v=v-xFO9-07MM
youtube.com/watch?v=I8N90wbYM8M
clips.twitch.tv/ChillyGlutenFreePepperoniGingerPower
youtube.com/watch?v=fQmpNbKRoDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's easy just like all From Software games.

I feel like in a weird way it’s easier because once it clicks in your brain you feel like a god, until you ditch Kuro’s charm anyway, but nothing in it is as he’d as OoK but it also demands more overall, I’ll put it in the middle, definitely ahead of DaS3 and Demon’s probably ahead of DaS2 but behind BB and DaS

It's only slightly harder. It's more engaging, definitely.

I still have a few bosses left but the only bosses that gave me any real trouble where the Hirata Owl fight and Lady Butterfly at the beginning of the game.

Other than that I strugged less than in Dark Souls in general. T
Somehow managed to do the first ape in 4 tries and the second ape first try, Corrupted Monk 2 in 3.

I feel like once the combat clicks you just have so many ways to avoid damage it's hard for bosses to be challenging. I really loved the game though, probably my favourite From title after BB. But yeah the difficulty is crazy overrated, it just takes some getting used to.

Nigger your faggot dust settled a billion times already. Fuck off!

what does kuros charm do?

It doesn't get difficult until after you beat the dragon. The new mini bosses and the demon are brutal.

New game + snake eyes are fucking impossible so for the first time in new game + history a miniboss type enemy is now fucking challenging

If you block an attack you still take 50% vitality damage.

gives you free access to his boy cunny

Attached: 1554182257195.png (1300x1200, 493K)

thanks. sounds somewhat interesting for a challenge, just the raplayability is just not there somehow, all the endings sure. but not for gameplay

At first I found it way harder than any Souls, before beating the first Samurai Miniboss.
Soon afterwards it clicked and I've beaten any boss on second try now. Even DaS3 gave me more problems with some bosses (Dancer, Lorian)

Source on artist? Damn.

lads, I just beat genchiro and now you can either go abandoned dungeon > senpou temple

or sunkey valley

Which way? The little abandoned dungeon felt much, much smaller than what I thought it would be, thought it was gonna be a giant cave system

Even easier once you're used to the combat. I'm on NG+4 with Kuro's Charm and the Bell Demon on and no attack upgrades from the mask so far. Shit is so easy, it's almost dull at this point apart from a few bosses.

I even started a new game and beat the headless and got the Bell Demon as soon as possible. 3 bosses in and I'm starting to realize that all the talk of it being hard is peoples inability to drop what they've learned in Souls and adapt.

I meant i gave Kuro the charm and have chip damage. It just makes you learn to get perfect deflects even more, which after 1 playthrough you shouldn't find too difficult.

Go Senpou. Also make sure you’ve done Hirata Estate

The only thing I want to comment is the game is piss easy once you beat it once
Dark Souls and Bloodborne stay somewhat difficult on the next playthrough
Not Sekiro

It was hard at first because I didn't want to deflect everything, then when I did it became laughably easy.

multiple combat arts mod when?

i dont like it

When you say done Hirata Estate, you mean beat butterfly? I've already done that. Do I need to go back to Hirata after beating Genhiro for anything, or?

>piss easy
>Once I beat it multiple times
The thread

NG cycles are very strange right now. I have no idea how they work and im on NG+5. I have stockpiled over 30 something boss memories but I'm still cleaving through enemies as fast as NG+2.

It seems like difficulty in this game only cares if you have the Bell Demon active or not. And Kuro's charm but that's more of a mechanic you're given to deal with than enemy numbers going up.

I caught on by the second half of the game on my first playthrough and coasted through everything after that.

I think somewhere it does mention that enemies do more vitality and posture damage in NG+ but i agree, if there is a difference it's minimal.

About the same.
At least you can't fuck up your stats like some of my friends do.

The point people and making is that the combat system itself is just different and once learned makes the game trivial, even before beating it.

I don't think I died a single time on a boss fight passed the halfway point on my first run, until the final boss.

Terror can suck my dick. Its worse than insanity or whatever that bloodborne thing was

It'll probably be like DS3 or BB where the start feels extremely difficult and then you unlearn bad habits and it becomes manageable. I'm at the start, for instance, and it's still pretty difficult for me to read weather a boss is going to do a thrust or sweep.

You should probably just uninstall and quit vidya, casul. I only died twice in Sekiro, and that was from classical FROM camera fuckups. Game is easy if you aren't a complete retard.

>struggle to beat boss
>go to sleep
>wake up
>beat him with little to no effort
>tfw you finally beat the boss that has been trying to filter you for a while and you all needed was a bit of rest

What now, boss-kun?

Attached: Smug Pepe.jpg (409x409, 45K)

You can zoomzoom past everything to the bosses

Which is what I'm doing on NG+ with bell/no charm right now, and its tons of fun, the no charm really forces you to actually git gud

It's a bit harder but it's like 20x more fun than Dark Cocks or Cuckedborne

Attached: smiling sekiro.png (631x710, 1003K)

It's unpolished and inconsistent which is what makes it feel harder.

>combat system itself is just different and once learned makes the game trivial
just like souls games in general? demons souls is piss easy but it still was dubbed as omg so hard because it was the first souls title and people werent used to the jank.

I'm trying to take on the shichimen warrior, and I ran into a place earlier where I can deal a death blow on him from above. Only problem is I forgot what idol/path I'm supposed to go through to get that first easy deathblow. Anyone remember?

What are some other games with a big emphasis on defensive play and constantly reacting to the enemies that don’t feel boring? In most games, you’re either on the offensive and sometimes you dodge something just to keep things interesting, but Sekiro feel more like a conversation or something.

It has an early difficulty because you arent yet used to the game and mechanics. Usualky either after Genichiro or Owl you will have become so good that the game either becomes easy or a bit challenging but not hard anymore. I guess this for every character action game in the first place so its fine.

This. Why does it happen so often?

not that much harder
muscle memory that carried over from dark souls fucked you over, but once you got used to the combat system it wasn't so bad

They nailed the PvE. It's good enough that it make me want to do a playthrough for the fuck of it sometimes.

When it came down to Bloodborne and Souls, after beating it once or twice it was a complete and utter slog. The fun in those games came from trying out new builds and weapons, but the actual combat part was dull as shit.

Happened to me with Sword Saint Isshin. Was struggling with at second phase, went to sleep and the next day beat him after 4 more tries.

I think it is hard but fair and more fun than dark souls once you get the parry system down.

As a side note, i loved getting revenge on Owl in Hirata2 by backing him into a corner and making it so he couldn't jump away from my attacks. That is what you get for fucking up my camera so many times you old fuck. On to SS Isshin i go.

Who's the authority on difficulty though? A friend of mine is so bad he couldnt even defeat Gyoubu even after I told him that Firecrackers stun the horse. Dude couldnt even defeat the Ministry Shinobi in Hirata.

Do you think there is a system in the game that adjusts difficulty? I could honestly see Miayazaki doing some troll shit like that.

I feel like the consensus is easier areas, harder bosses

>reddit anecdotes
The thread
Show your proofs of these ng28472891 and "easily beat this boss and that"

I'm guessing he is a shooter player used to playin games on m+kb right? Sekiro makes you unlearn almost every other type of game to play it.

Am I imagining or does the Divine Confetti do more damage and maybe even stun more almost everything in this game? I guess I grind sen to fill my stock on these before starting ng+

based and kunnypilled

Isshin still did the same bullshit as before. The only troll I know off is that if you somehow break SS at the second phase so he doesnt pull out hishis spear he gains a 5th phase where he pulls out the Spear and you need to fight him a fifth time.

>fighting Genichiro on the rooftops
>having a close fight but manage to get his two pips down
>Well that was a fun fig-
>there's a phase 2
>die
>can't get back to the second phase
I guess I'll never be good at videogames

Attached: 1551971535929.png (396x188, 51K)

Just took out the Demon of Hatred.
I am invincible.

Attached: IqgkgiJ.gif (384x360, 645K)

Yes Confetti is a universal buff in damage. Not just apparitions.

I'm talking about something behind the scenes that adjusts damage/posture numbers, since we no longer have access to those. Has anyone been poking around in the code of the game?

Because your memory solidifies after sleep.

Pretty much.

Still on ng, but what about bosses on ng+? Does they damage to health and posture go up significantly? I hope they dont do any bullshit one hit KO moves on higher cycles?

Where do I go to feed the carp?

Sekiro can be many things but certainly not unpolished.

This
If your first boss is Butterfly it will force you to git gud and you will zoon through the game.

Puffy Vulva

They do. I've heard Ogre 1 shots you if you don't get all 10 prayer necklaces on your first NG.

thats orange peel. aka orenjipiiru.

oh and btw I'm playing on a keyboard and mouse because I can't get my gamecube controller to work with the gc adaptor, and my little finger is too short to properly hit the shift key which is my sprint button.

I have to dodge things with jump most of the time.

Thats not true. Only the Idols he shots did one-shot me if I got hit (only hit me once though, so they arent really an issue)

What are you talking about?

Edgy

Disregard the post. I somehow interpreted Ogre as Demon of Hatred.

I'm starting to be at the end of ng. Before going to ng+ I think I should kill those headless and Shishimonji warriors or whatever they were. Can I get the location of those enemies? I have forgotten where most of them are

What does the bell do?

>NG+4
or maybe they haven't played they haven't played the game as much as you? Some people don't play 8hrs a day

Enemies do more damage but have better chance to drop items(the chance is huge so use it if you are grinding for items)

doing my second playthrough now, and it's honestly easier than any of the souls games. didn't die until I got to the isshin elite cause i fucked up parrying his attack.
managed to beat genichiro and lady butterfly first try as well this time, with gourds to spare. now that I have the mechanics of the game down, it is significantly easier.

just look it up on the wiki senpai

This. I think regular enemies go down too easily while bosses can be fucking ridiculous in the DPS they do to you. The only time I ever found the regular enemies to be a hassle was when they were hugging a mid-boss.

on the HUD, what does that symbol that has the person kneeling and the person standing up mean?

It's still harder, yeah.
And the people going "eh it was hard at first then it gets easier :D" are full of shit since the endgame bosses are objectively the hardest.

Sasuga From.

Attached: 1532709905789.webm (852x480, 2.83M)

He does yet. I went for the ending where you betray Kuro and the game ends before even exploring all the zones so I haven't even had access to all the beads. The ogre one-shots me on all his grab attacks unless I use a candy

I thought you were saying the fucking Ogre starts throwing Idols at you on NG+ and they 1 shot you. fucking shit thats horrifying.

Edgy.

Most underrated item in the game. Fuck the whistle, shards are better.

Just parry/counter him a lot, Genichiro fight is like an anime or movie sword fight.

If he's cornered, spam attacks until he starts countering. He can "panic" and try to jump away but keep getting stunlocked.
If he jumps, parry/dodge and get ready to mikiri (in phase 2 this could also be a side sweep, if unsafe just get some distance)
If he starts his long ass quick combo, get some distance and when he's about to do the last hit, calculate the distance and charge up axe prosthetic or other attacks, landing just as he finishes the combo

Phase 3 is more of the same, you can also mikiri when he lunges at you like at the start. If he jumps and shoots lightning, you must: jump, get hit and press R1 before landing.
Try and keep this fight short because the lightning reversal is very unreliable

Just like real life.

Casuals are intellectually weak.

If you walk away from a challenge in a video game that says a lot about you as a person and tells me that I can walk all over you and you won't do shit. I will purposely go out of my way to berate you if you're a casual.

I'm so sick of hearing "it's just a game" no, it's a right of passage. This is a pathetic excuse that casuals hold onto instead of strengthening as a person. You are inferior to me in every way.

this. it's amazing what you can do with them.

I'm at Fountainhead palace and I havent seen even once some white powder upgrade material I need almost every second to last prosthetic upgrades. What is it and where do I find it?

Rank the bosses

Genichiro 2 / Sword Saint Isshin
Genichiro 1
Owl 2
Owl 1
GYOUBU MASATAKA ONIWA
Guardian Ape
Butterfly
Corrupted Monk
Headless Ape
Demon of Hatred

I should note that I don't particularly dislike any of these, and I haven't had a chance to fight the bosses locked behind the Shura ending.

> while bosses can be fucking ridiculous in the DPS they do to you

It feels that way early game and late game. Once you level health and healing items though, they do a pretty reasonable amount of damage. It was pretty frustrating fighting the first couple of bosses though since their fast regular attacks (which they'd chain) seemed to hit for half your health, and your healing gourd only seemed to heal a small amount of that damage. Of course, you could always cheese by doing hit and runs, but who wants to be that bitch?

Also this doesn't have much of an effect on normal enemies, but it can make bosses hit very hard.

Basically there are 2 modifier in this game. Hard mode and Harder mode. The bell is the hard mode, and in NG+ you get a charm that makes you take vitality damage even if you block attacks. This is Harder mode.
These can of course be combined.

fulminated mercury. drops from ministry fire-squad soldiers in the last act of the game.

>Sekiro can be many things but certainly not unpolished.
Are you sure?
Items can't be picked up unless the camera angle is correct, sometimes you can't jump from ledges/branches, sometimesyou can't hook because the camera wasn't at the proper angle or whatever, boss cutscenes always play even after you saw them (this is jank compared to past From titles but then again, compared to other From titles this is probably the most polished alongside BB)

After beating genichiro, should I go explore ashina reservoir or go talk to isshin first?

I feel like exploring the reservoir, what do you lads think?

That's pretty normal but I guess zoomers don't know the feeling of getting stuck in a level/boss

I found that it dropped much more frequently from everyone in the gun fort, but that may just be anecdotal.

>SAINT TIER
Isshin

>SPIRIT OF PEACE TIER
Demon of Hatred

>GOOD TIER
Owl 2
Ape + Bride
Butterfly

>Alright tier
Ape 1
Gyoubu
Owl 1
Corrupted Monk 1 and 2

>JOBBER TIER
Genichiro

I had way more fun with DaS and BB though

Attached: 1535866372146.png (850x653, 78K)

In Hirata Estate there’s that small cliff near the first spear mini boss across the river. Down this cliff is 2 spear dudes and the cave entrance to the burning area. Thing is, that cliff has another next to it. But it’s too far to jump. What do?

I spent hours on Grape Ape
When I got up the next morning I styled all over him, got hit maybe twice in the entire match, and beat him before I was fully awake

No clue i never found out how to get there. Maybe a shinobi door somewhere.

W hat is the purpose of ringing the bell and making the game harder? Any story significance? Do I have to do it once to unlock something or? I'm just not gonna ring it at all if not

Attached: 1521944966539.jpg (720x439, 47K)

im doing ng+, no kuros charm, and demon bell. im on the owl fights and they are actually so unfair.. if you accidentally hit him at the same time he flipkicks you (a insanely fast attack that he sometimes throws out just for fun) your attacks will collide, you get staggered, and the second he's done flinching he immediately stomps on you and kills you.

all the challenges so far have been fair but losing all my health because i traded for one of the fastest boss attacks in the game is pretty unfair.

Do you see like a tiny manlet-sized house on that cliff with a small light on it?

You might be seeing the shortcut that takes you from Owl dying and over to the burning area. Nothing significant if that's the case.

No story perks. It just makes the game harder and makes enemies drop loot more often.

It's still way tougher for me. I had very little trouble with Souls and Bloodborne, beat Kos(m) on the first try, but just about every boss and mini-boss in Sekiro takes multiple attempts.

I dunno if it's just very different, not having huge dodge i-frames makes things more tense.

Isn't this a sign of a good game though? I mean the older souls got much easier with each playthrough as well but they always had some artificial difficulty to them thanks to janky mechanics and sometime fucked up hitboxes. Meanwhile on Sekiro the hitboxes are pretty clean overall and the combat is accurate.

Geni is SUCH A BITCH LMAO

the fact that you can choose between so many different game play styles makes dark souls so much more replayable
>dex, strength, quality, mage, pyro, faith
not to mention the close to 100 weapons in each game

it's technically more complex but after you learn when to do it's really not that hard.

This is what happened to me with genichiro tonight. Got merc'd a few times. Took a breather, read the kids a bedtime story, came back and made it through his first health bar without getting hit. Had achieved some sort of zanshin.

Pic Related anyone know?

forgot pic kek

Attached: How do i get here.png (1440x817, 2.32M)

help

I did all of Hirata first before going past the ogre. The game is hard for three hours tops then you get it (or apparently some people don’t) and it becomes frankly pretty easy. I only ever played dark souls one and my first playthrough of that seemed harder than my first playthrough of this. I don’t know or care for any of the others.
Sekiro is great though because it always feels like it just wants to provide you with chances to do cool shit. It never feels like it’s trying to ride on the back of difficulty like Dark Souls always did with all the ‘whoooa prepare to die’ stuff. That’s why all of the idols are right next to bosses so that if you do die it lets you get right back into it. In dark souls they’d make bonfires have a decent amount of enemies between you and the boss if you died because the point was the challenge, meanwhile Sekiro you can parry even the seemingly daunting attacks of a 20 foot tall gorilla zombie with a massive sword slamming on you because the point is doing cool ninja stuff.

You know that house right behind the large building you're looking at? its brown and has a waterfall near it. Inside the house is a bunch of flute players. Get in front of that house, then look out the door and to your left. There is a far away free you can bunch on. Keep going from there.

Prepare to feed fish.

Talk to Isshin and Kuro to get another resurrection. Then go Reservoir/Dungeon/Mt

Imagine being so trash at this game you get stonewalled by a pushover like Genichiro.
How the fuck do you shitters expect to beat guys like Owl in his second fight?

oh yeah its definitely a better made game than any of the souls one. I haven't had any issues with hitboxes or anything.

It was easy after Butterfly the first time
There’s even a little meta in her memory description because it says she was wolf’s strict teacher, and often the teaching sessions were brutal and violent or whatever
Meaning if you get through her by sucking it up after you get your ass kicked enough and learning, you get prepared for the entire rest of the game.

and each playstyle is as shallow as the other. I never got the appeal of "builds". youre killing the same bosses with just different flavor of damage.

so why was Kuro bleeding at the end?

he got stabbed?

YEEEEES YES YES FUCK YOU NIGGER
unironically thought it was a pretty cool boss fight, it's neat how the focus is more postioning yourself to go apeshit with punishes on his laggy-ass moves, cause a stagger, punish MORE, then repeat but FUCK ALL OF THOSE STUPIDLY BROKEN GRABS

Attached: 20190401235554_1.jpg (1920x1080, 523K)

so soulsbourne + diesx2
baba 100%
spire 20 on all characters
cuphead deathless
the witness all hidden puzzles
elite as donkey kong in ssb

bare minimums for posting

why

>not to mention the close to 100 weapons in each game
Well, there aren't that many different weapontypes but I agree. The worlds are also more interesting and have atmosphere.
Sekiro has a small world without much (reason) to explore. The game itself is pretty short and sound design is mediocre. I mean I replayed it for different endings, but still. It already feels like I played through the game like a billion times due to fighting bosses so often
Sekiro is still a pretty good game, I had more fun fighting against bosses where I didn't die in 1-2 hits but it trivialized them. I wish the game would've tried to be hard by coming up with some solid gameplay/boss mechanics and not just ramp up damage numbers.
Owl1 fight was pretty fun with the way he used different kinds of items. Owl2 is just a much faster and harder hitting Owl with only more elaborate attack pattern while sacrificing item use.

I beat Owl's first fight by running around in circles and baiting the attacks that leave him open for a whirlwind slash.

I hope I can do the same for Owl (Father).

I dont understand parry. I dont understand deathblow windows, and I dont understand what the game wants me to fucking do

Ive pressed LB right when a blow is about to land, barely 1/4th of their posture goes up, and they usually have a fast as fuck attack right after. Sometimes though, I block one thing, and suddenly I can just R1 them to death, other times its immediately blocked

I still dont know what the fuck it wants me to do against the fat enemies, I always beat them by sheer luck because it randomly decides to give me the deathblow window.

Ive hit a guy when his posture was long and orange, he fucking punches me right after

Not as hard as The Adventures of Cookies & Cream

Enter the cave via Ashina Reservoir

Attached: 1554094772630.jpg (600x800, 67K)

its harder for sure

Attached: 1554091317542.jpg (1920x1080, 282K)

It's absolutely easier. It's impossible to complete Soulsborne games solo.

where do I go after killing the divine dragon and being teleported back to kuro's room? the game wont let me open the window or go on the roof and every way back to the castle is blocked, can't go through outskirts from temple, can't go back through dungeon and you never could go back up from first sunken valley bonfire.

Attached: brainlet_hole.jpg (1024x595, 74K)

You can safely attack them until they parry (it's easy to tell when they do), then get ready to parry yourself. Amount of times you need to parry depends on their attacks, it's different for everyone, just get used to it.

For fat enemies, they often have hyperarmor, so they can start attacking even when getting hit, so be conservative, get 2 or 3 hits in and then dodge or parry.

Watch their hands. When their hand swings the weapon forward, parry it. Doesn't work so well on spearfags but cheese those dildos.

>people got frustrated at frustrating game
I mean, was this really a surprise?

3/4 done and still not good at it.
I think it's hard for me because it does have core combat mechanic, while dark souls you have to figure out whats best for you.

I keep doing underhanded things to beat bosses because I get frustrated with the block timing and I feel the camera and lock on fuck me over. Like I'm blocking and countering illusion monk then suddenly all I see is it's upper body and no idea which way it's attacking or where sekiro is. So I just run around and butt poke him 50 times, it works but I still suck.

Only bosses I mostly played right were Genchiro and Ape. even then I show rushed Genchiro every chance I got.

On owl now and want to fight him man to man. So far it's not horrible but I feel like I still don't get the combat.

I really wanna knock his ass down with a Zweihander or WOG him to death.

because genichiro is a fucking retard.

The camera can be a bit of a cunt. Just try not to get too close to walls.

There's a world of difference between an ultragreatsword and a straight sword when fighting bosses. Also, many bosses, at least in DaS III, require you to change your style to optimally beat them. For instance, most bosses shit on you if you use a shield (you'd rather want to roll), but dancer and the twin princes are trivialized by a high stability shield. Soul of Cinder gets shit on by roll attacks since he's not good at roll catching and leaves just enough of a gap for you to get an attack in and out. Demon Prince is a chore unless you've got a bleed weapon, in which case he goes down quick. There's some bosses that that you'll want to whack with your UGS, while others you'll want to swipe at then get the fuck away.

This. Builds are a fucking meme in dark souls. I got remastered and even sperged by using a build calculator online to make a cool looking yet still (so I thought) powerful fencer chick. Got my full build and the damage is still piss poor to bosses, which is amplified by the fact that you’re still just hitting them while they miss a big attack you rolled out of the way of and they don’t block or dodge or react at all to you poking their ass. PvP is even more of a joke because the horrendous netcode means the only way you can be effective is rolling with a huge swinging hitbox weapon that tries to kill in one or two hits. It’s such a fucking joke.
Give me a game without all of that false pretense of variety, instead focused on a singular experience but polished and properly condensed into a single diamond.

Back him into a corner with R1s and parries. Ez win.

it punishes souls veterans, but if you're good/quick at unlearning habits it's much more forgiving

git gud

I think it's something to do with giving your brain time to absorb and process information. Same reason why cramming directly before a test doesn't help at all, you need to do a little bit of studying every day leading up to it and it'll be stored in your long-term memory parts

Owl Father is a really cool fight if you fight it head on. When I fought regular Owl I eroded his HP bar to kill him as well, but I got good for Owl Father and it was my favorite fight in the game.

The second fight is a completely different beast. Whatever cheese you tried in the first fight probably won't work as well there.

Sekiro borrows from the DS2 school of difficulty by cramming the screen with 2 or 3 enemies.

I can't fucking believe there are people here who think this game is even as good as DS3, it feels exactly like the B-team.

I have 62 hours of playtime with Sekiro, I've beaten it three times, have done everything and I feel I've "gotten good" because I am comfortable with beating every boss in the game. Maybe it'll be different for you, but I feel like many bosses in this are trial and error, you learn their moves by dying to them a bunch. It is satisfying once you've "learned" a boss and can deflect and dodge all of their attacks flawlessly, but I doubt it's something that you'll ever comprehend on a first encounter.

Whereas, I could learn bosses in Bloodborne immediately. I beat Gerhman my first try because he's really a culmination of everything you've learned in Bloodborne with dodging and gun-parrying. Isshin, on the other hand, pulls out brand new moves that you've never seen and have to learn just for his fight. Isshin has lightning fast sword slashes that you only know are there if you've been hit by them before and Isshin has halberd swing attacks that are obscured by the flower field that you can't know are going to happen unless you get hit by them before. It's a load of bullshit, but once you've learned it is nice.

I guess I can say that my complaint of Sekiro is that you are going to die a lot even if you think you're good and think you've "figured out" the game. You're going to die learning how to react to brand new attacks that you have never seen before. Whereas the answer to such attacks in Dark Souls and Bloodborne is always obvious, DODGE!

>bonfire
You deserve to be stuck user

At the end of the day it's still just dodge and counter attack until you win. Just now instead backing down and waiting for stamina to regen you spam R1.

Regular enemies are fuck easy to take out though. They're only really an issue if they have a boss or midboss with them.

Definitely the hardest one, keep in mind I have played them all and am based.

Much easier if you had a limit to stamina in general with running plus combat and not just "posture" with guarding then i'd say much harder. As it is the games very easy to cheese

The way you fight is dependant on your build though. Sure, sometimes it's not that different but come on. You have different range, movesets and so on. Counting every weapon is unreasonable though, BB said fuck it and pretty much condensed everything.
Denying the replay value builds give, is ridiculous desu
>I got remastered and even sperged by using a build calculator online to make a cool looking yet still (so I thought) powerful fencer chick
>Got my full build and the damage is still piss poor to bosses
Doesn't sound like proper planning desu

Attached: 1536207054380.jpg (680x492, 34K)

Best place for Sen in the final world state? Do I do Ashina outskirts or do Fountainhead palace?

Attached: el bow.png (361x240, 6K)

first area of senpou temple with the golden fan that turns enemies into sen.

his rolling grab is insanely telegraphed and you literally can just jump over his other grab

Such a memorable boss fight, it genuinely freaked me out when it got back up.

Outskirts get you 5 free backstabs on ministry gunners and a bonfire nearby. It's better.
Also, mibu balloon affects money picked up, not money dropped. So you can kill everyone, pop a balloon and only then succ it all in.🦖

I'm work'n on it!

>turns enemies into sen
I think you mean senemies

Attached: 1534695249501.jpg (600x600, 35K)

It's too hard. Imagine being such a braindead company that you turn away money by not adding an easy mode. I want to PLAY the game I don't want to be forced to dedicate my life to it.💯

If you actually act like a shinobi and dodge most encounters you can get to the chained ogre without having seen the tutorial for how to attack.

git guuuuuuuuud

Attached: 23-1553710862-1317105593.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

>get the mortal blade
>don't even get to wield it and replace your regular katana, only reserved for deathblows on certain enemies and bosses and its signature combat art
This is probably the one thing that disappointed me in Sekiro. Even Genichiro uses his mortal blade.

The grabs are probably the easiest to dodge in the entire Soulsbourne series.
Also I hope you had fun in both phases and look forward to 2ape :^)

With the addition of the tooth and the multiple lives, this game got real technical real quick. I have to decide if I want a half full heath bar or cure poison through death. Shits like the last 6 minutes of any sports ball game.
"I could keep fighting this dude but I might waste my resurrects"

I actually think base game should have had NG+ difficulty since then you need to actually mind your own posture.

Hirata Estate. Pop a loot balloon and kill everything up until the two shield enemies.
Don't loot anything yet.
Once they're all dead, pop the wealth balloon and go collect your money. What many don't realize is the wealth balloon gives its bonus when you pick up Sen, and not when you kill an enemy.

Thanks mr box

Im assuming its like what Isshin says, know who you are going to kill before you draw it.
This game is just metroid, you get tools for more tools and unlock new areas in areas youve already been to.

And you should've taken chip damage through non-perfect blocks, like you do without Kuro's talisman.

Sekiro's objectively pretty easy once you get down parries and perilous attacks. The learning curve can be a bit of a bitch though.

Killed Genchiro yesterday and I can tell this game absolutely destroys me.

Attached: 1514010710235.jpg (600x719, 129K)

>didn't get likes
yikes

>watched vaati vidya video
>thinks this is actually correct
KEK

I think missing the Owl 2 fight on NG made consequent NG+es unnecessarily harder for myself.

Also sequence breaking makes the game progression easier, because you don't have to deal with all the black phantoms spawning at dusk.
The game wants you to go genichiro->fushigiri+flower->stone. Which would make 2ape fight mandatory. But you can just go light the Senpou Temple main hall bonfire, kill monk, but don't pick up the stone, then do genichiro and ape, and just teleport to the monk's bonfire and get the stone quickly and leave 2ape fight optional (although you still wanna do it at some point for the memory attack boost).💙

Yes. I tried playing DS3 after Sekiro NG+ and was laughing to myself at how easy it was.

I just did ape the very last and didnt have to do 2ape that way. still did the fight though even if it was optional.

I just started today, got to an autumn looking forest/that flying guy on the roof.
Which way do I go?
Also, the game is OK difficulty-wise. The last Souls game I played was Bloodborne, so I was being way too aggressive at the start.
When I realised that block actually blocks all damage (i still dont reslly understand what the red kanji means), it became way easier. you basically want to be blocking as your default stance.

Like, you hit bosses and they take DAMAGE lmao
And then a couple of hits laters they die and you win. Imagine that.
In Sekiro you just bang your face against their block, then get you one shotted. Repeat a million times until you have the perfect timing/luck.

>Which way do I go?
Just explore. Although I recommend clearing out the Castle and surrounding area before you advance the story too far, because some stuff might become unavailable then.🌈

red is a perilous attack, aka you cannot block it and must move

>When I realised that block actually blocks all damage
It does... with training wheels. Once you beat the game for the first time, you will get an option to play it without them.

souls games are a joke after taking the sekiropill.

I used a trainer for godmode during owl fight

don't do this to yourself user, stabbing that deadbeat of a dad and making him recognize your existence and strength is one of the best feel in the game.
make that double.

Attached: 1552095656076.jpg (636x564, 43K)

What is the best prosthetic tool for sword saint?

Nani the fuck is that?

If you’re unable to git gud for some reason (which shouldn’t be difficult unless you’re mentally handicapped or only have one hand) you’re hardstuck and can’t proceed, because unlike souls there’s no level grinding or summoning your buttbuddies as a get out of jail card.
That’s why you see so much seething from the shitters.

>cheated on Búho already
What hope do you have facing against Búho (Padre)?🏳️

He isn't that hard, I beat him on second try.
On the other hand demon of hatred took me 15+ tries.

if you cant overcome a challenge you dont deserve to see the outcome.

But Padre is easier. Especially the second phase where he hands you free punishes.

Should I do the Hirata Estate the moment I can, despite it being early on in the game, or should I continue with the main zone?

I used a trainer for the last 3-4 bosses in NG+ because that shit was impossible and fuck starting over to get the Return ending.

Except when you can block it like thrusts sometimes but not on all enemys. The rules are so damn unclear.

wtf is a trainer?

Early Hirata Estate is pretty easy
Once you hit the burning area, you may want to go and do the main stuff and get a bit stronger

i went to the forest area first but peaced out when the wall said something about being caught, and headed back the castle. will finish it up now
can you block it, and take reduced damage?
cool. i thought it would work like Dark Soul shields, where it doesn't block all physical damage.

I went up to the Water Mill Idol in Mibu Village before Genichiro, did everything else I could in the world including Senpou before the fight and beat Corrupted Monk right after him. I picked up the stone then. I didn't even know there were black phantom enemies until I went back to one of those areas later on, trying to farm. I had a really difficult time with Snake Eyes, but that whole adventure was pure ludo.

>last 3-4 bosses in NG+ because that shit was impossible
>impossible
Dude, I'm playing through NG++ without Kuro's charm and with the Demon Bell curse on, and I'm killing the bosses in no more than five tries, mostly first. The game isn't that hard if you drop your souls habits and learn to play it properly.💢

It's suppposedly a different moonrune indicating if it's thrust/swipe/grab but fuck western audiences lmao

I'll believe it
That nigger slammed me into the dirt like an invisible baby and left me with almost no health

Perilous attacks can be deflected but not blocked. And I'm sure some of them bypass deflects too, like certain grabs or a lategame boss' massive perilous charge. But if they are a sword swing or thrust and they're perilous, you can still deflect them. The timing is sometimes very strict, though.

Elemental damage always goes through your blocks and even deflects. But without the charm 50% of all physical damage will go through your normal blocks, and only deflect gets 100% physical damage reduction.✔️

Souls games require you to dodge for everything. Nothing else is required. Sekiro requires you to parry for most things, and sometimes jump. Therefore it's literally twice as complicated as Souls games. Checkmate.

Hardest from game without any doubt.

I fucking loved Bloodborne. Haven't purchased Sekiro yet. Am I fucking up?

Honestly I agree. It really isn't that much harder then Soulsborne, heck I might say its a bit easier than BB. Once the game just clicks for you, everything is just a matter of learning the patterns so you can parry and attack properly.

I am currently doing my NG+ and literally flying through the game. I pretty much beat every miniboss and boss so far on my first or second try. It feels like once you beat both SS Isshin and Demon of Hatred everything else is easy in comparison.

The game really rewards you for getting the core mechanics down.

Attached: 10351473_10152994366013266_8912251509990781001_n.jpg (500x375, 34K)

Yeah well I fucked myself over by going Shura in my normal playthrough so I had lower stats all around. Or I might just be bad and it would have made no difference, dunno. I just lost my patience after owl NG+

> being drunk and sitting on hirata owl 1 hour
> wake up next day and beat him 1st try
Ez clap

I find myself being more aggressive in Sekiro than in Bloodborne. BB's rally system is a meme, it helps with regular enemies but when you're fighting an actual difficult boss and you get hit, you lose enough health that it makes you go and use a vial instead of getting it back through rally. Even if you got hit at exactly the end of a boss' combo string and you hit them before the next one, you won't regen a big part of what you lost at all and you go scrambling for vials again. In Sekiro, pressuring a boss enough that he doesn't get to regain posture is a very big mechanic, and it actually matters to the point where a perfect offense can kill bosses before they are lower than 3/4 of their HP.

Attached: valtr1.jpg (650x717, 385K)

what a fag

yes and here is proof.

clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB

clips.twitch.tv/PunchyAdventurousMochaBudBlast

>I used a trainer for the last 3-4 bosses in NG+

What a fucking scrub

Attached: 1512983671043.jpg (740x660, 93K)

The second phase of Padre is easier but the first phase is much harder than both of Búho Forma Base's phases.

It is not.
They are all the same kaiji( 危 lit:Danger)

Stop spreading this meme you dumb EOP fuck.

Using inf posture is okay since retards like emma destroys it in 2-3 hits on ng+

You really shouldn't have anywhere near as much trouble on NG+ as you did on NG though, because by that time not only you have access to all your prosthetics, but more importantly you know the bosses' attack patterns, and don't have to learn it mid-fight.
Oh wait, you're saying you went Shura first, meaning you didn't fight Owl. Anyway, he's not too bad.💯

>can you block it, and take reduced damage?
Perilous attacks CANNOT be blocked.
Perilous THRUSTS can be deflected (i.e. perfect blocked), or MIKIRI countered, but you have to learn this skill first.
Perilous SWEEP attacks can't be blocked, deflected or iframed through, but you can avoid taking any damage from those if you jump. Alternatively combat arts that lift you off the ground can also avoid sweeps.
Perilous grabs can't be blocked or deflected, but can be iframed through, although window is narrow. Jumping has no iframes, but jumping away can put you out of effective grab reach, as well as dodging away. Sometimes.♦️

First play trough is harder, Souls games become a joke after a while just because the sheer amount of possibilities you have.

New game + is harder.

I don't know about challenge runs because I never did a sl 1 run in Dark Souls but I imagine a honorable fights only run (stealth, hiding and running away is not allowed) could be definitely much harder. Dark Souls just suffers too much from having too many RPG elements. You can always make the fights a joke and the bosses are more sluggish and have easier patterns because your character controls so slow and sluggish itself.

I just got to the bull and I was wondering if I fucked up by not fighting Lady Butterfly first.

That's mostly correct but jumping has iframes at the start of the jump.

Dragonrot seems like a pointless mechanic.

She can’t break your posture if you deflect all hits you scrub.

It doesn't. Or do you have any video proving otherwise?

It's there mostly for flavor. I can see how that's pretty bad for a mechanic, but at the same time I don't think it would be cool for the game to kill your NPCs as punishment for getting stuck on a boss.

>too brainlet to even check if the kanjis look the same before spouting his memes
Stupid eop

It's only harder because I can't summon when I get sick of getting gud

I don't think there's any videos or data about this game's iframes at all, but I jump a lot and I often feel like it has iframes. So, just experience.

Well, you shouldn't jump a lot. It feels that way because the jump just gives you a really quick boost in both vertical and horizontal speed, and the hitboxes are really tight in Sekiro, so it just puts you out of enemy's reach. But it won't work against attacks with good tracking, of which there are a good amount in the game, because it's focused more on parrying than dodging, so devs gave stronger tracking to enemy attacks.

Sword Saint's first phase is so fucking hard to read goddamn it

Why do I have to fight Genichiro every time I die to Sword Saint
It's just wasting my fucking time

I just wanna finish the damn game already

>first phase
Dude what? He only uses like three easily deflected attacks in the first phase and no superarmor moves. He also has literally no posture on phase 1. You just trade blows and deflects with him and he dies in 30 seconds.

His attacks are fast and the silvergrass keeps getting in the fucking way so I can't tell if he's going to thrust or sweep, it's pissing me off

It doesn't though since ev ery single playstyle plays the same in Souls, just dodge and R1.

Attack him first, force him on the defensive. Do 1-2 swings at him then parry his own. When you're up close to him he almost always attacks with his basic 1-2-3 combo, which can be easily deflected, and deflecting it interrupts it, so you can do 1-2 swings of your own back at him. Takes literally half a minute to go through phase 1 with no damage.

it's the easiest souls game but also the most artificially difficult

don't know about harder, just difficult to adapt at first. Definitely a lot more fun than soulsborne when it clicks for you though

If reading his first phase is giving you trouble, you're gonna wind up spending another 10 hours getting through his 2nd one.

Did I do something wrong?

I literally went to the dungeon>temple right from the bull and then did the sunken valley path next

youtube.com/watch?v=v-xFO9-07MM

this shit

I think his second phase is easier to read/deflect I just keep getting dunked on by healing at the wrong time

here's the quick rundown
>run up to him
>mash R1
>deflect the two sword strikes he'll counter with
>repeat
after a certain he'll get sick of your shit and do one of 3 things
>push you back
he'll thrust his sword right after and give you a free mikiri counter
>sheath his sword
run back when he does this, but not too far because he'll start spamming his gay AoE. 9 times out of 10 he'll just do a dash followed by two slashes which he'll whiff if you're already a decent distance away.
>ichimonji
wait 1 second and then dodge immediately after

just keep mashing and deflecting those two hits while going through the autism flowchart if he does something else

Attached: 1552212886807.jpg (1024x832, 79K)

modded

you haven't played shadow tower kiddo

yes. I don't even like asian shit but it's great.

It's fantastic

The bull is easier with a prosthetic you get on the way to butterfly.

>clips.twitch.tv/HilariousCarelessToadFeelsBadMan
>clearly not blocking as Sekiro is not in the block animation
>blames game for not blocking
Why are speedrunners such whiny bitches? Either you weren't pressing L1 or your controller is broken

It's certainly a step above souls in terms of combat. Love how many zoomers it made upset too.

The difficulty was about the same. While Sekiro doesn't have co-op and stats to help you, it also didn't have invasions, which can be as challenging or more than toughest enemies and bosses in Sekiro.

Does bite down have any significance or is it just a meme item

He thought the game should have blocked because he was pressing it, but what he didn't realize is that the attack knocked him down, so what he did was a recovery roll and those have greater recovery so he couldn't block yet. He used the roll too early and got fucked by the recovery.

Use it if enfeebled by Mist Nobles

He was trying to jump when the dragon wasn't using a sweep attack and got hit by a vertical slice. Seeing how it's a "speedrunner" subhuman, he very well might not have learned mid-air deflect.

Why not just take a hit from the enemy then
You're resurrecting either way

Enfeeble disables resurrection and bite down doesn't trigger the cooldown. Although I'm not sure if it could work in this situation, because as I mentioned enfeeble disables your resurrection charges.

>no build variety
>no weapon/armor to find
>prosthetic tool is a gimped version of bloodborne sidearms
game got really boring after one playthrough desu

what's the button for triggering the bloodsmoke ninjustsu

R1

>I'd say it's still probably bit harder, but not by that much.

It's only harder by virtue of not being able to summon friends to help you cheese levels.

If any of the previous Soulsborne games were re-released almost exactly the same but without the ability to do co-op, then they would automatically be harder even if they are otherwise 99% the exact same games.

>gimped version of bloodborne sidearms
>bloodborne sidearms
Literally one button you press to ranged parry which ruins every fight you can use it on except the Sharks in the Fishing Hamlet and Orphan because they realized they fucked up and gave them smaller parry windows. Bloodborne's guns were easily the worst part of the game's combat. The game would have been better if they didn't exist at all.

Attached: wlop.jpg (1200x732, 121K)

Cheat engine

A boss difficulty tier list (official consensus version)

>objectively the hardest fights in Souls
Sword Saint
Old Isshin
Father 2 (Hirata)

>overall challenging fights
Guardian Apes
Emma
Father 1 (Ashina Castle)
Demon of Hatred

>can be hard if you fight them normally, but a Pinwheel-tier joke if you cheese them
Corrupted Monks

>only hard because you're new to the game and don't know how to play
Gyoubu
Lady Butterfly
Genichiro

>nobody will ever find these bosses difficult no matter what
Folding Monkeys
Divine Dragon

Switch Sword Saint and Demon of Hatred. I also didn't fight old man Isshin, so I don't know how hard he is.

This happened to me for like every other boss in the game. I spend hours getting destroyed without ever getting past the first phase. But the next morning, I clear the boss on my first or second try of the day.

>Divine Dragon
He killed Distortion the speedrunner and caused him to throw a bitch fit. It wasn't even on his first playthrough.

>caused him to throw a bitch fit
HOW
I admit I died once to the Dragon but it was because I kept trying to dodge the wind slashes instread of blocking/running away

>Folding Monkeys
Honestly did not even realize this was a bossfight until it said "Shinobi assassination".

LITERALLY
BLOCKING

im having trouble with these 2-bar dudes at the castle (the samurai guy at the base, and the one next to the lantern at the top)

how do i kill them quickly? blocking doesnt seem to lower their posture at all.

I'm seeing people spamming L1 instead of attempting to time deflects

I naturally wound up doing the same thing

Did From really not see this coming? I was honestly surprised I could get deflects doing that, I figured there'd be some frames in the animation that were vulnerable to force players to either hold for guarding or actually time the deflect.

>prosthetic tool is a gimped version of bloodborne sidearms
what?
The prosthetics have like 50 times more variety and 100 times more different uses than the sidearms in Bloodborne.
You must be joking

Is it better to go to the abandonned dungeon through the hole in ashina outskirts or through the entrance in the building after the bridge?

first run

Obviously they did see it coming, seeing as how at the start of NG+ you are asked if you want to activate a hard mode where you take 50% of the damage when blocking.
Which means L1 spam is not viable in Hard mode, because most of the spammed parries end up as blocks and you will die of chip damage.

I had a rough time at the start, but once I got the hang of it I didn't have too much trouble. Some of the endgame bosses are really tough tho.

Through the well in Ashina Reservoir (where you were in the beginning of the game). You'll get 1 mini-boss and and an NPC with a quest line.

When you spam L1 the deflect window gets reduced, so you'll regular block very often and if you don't have the charm it'll fuck you up. Even without that optional mode, some fights really punish you in terms of posture damage if you block, those will fuck you and you will never get good, eternally a slave to RNG deciding if you block or get a deflect.

It's harder due to the much higher skill floor than Soulsborne, but like all FROM games, as soon as you get beyond that there's barely any challenge, you mostly need to get used to the usual FROM jank and more methodic approach to fights.
Shadow Tower is pretty easy though, outside of the fire world, fuck berserkers and fuck shockwaves.

This is pretty much the Sekiro experience in a nutshell.

>really hard first few hours worth of an adjustment period that 90% of people can't stand so they go on social media and call it too hard and quit
>middle part is incredibly easy because of how open-ended everything is and how you can use this open-endedness to power up and pick and choose how you want to go
>final part is a big difficulty spike with the hardest bosses of the game crammed for last

You can be certain that people who cry about this game being too hard are people who got filtered at Lady Butterfly and Gyoubu.

I'm at Owl. What's the best way to get good, not just at owl but in general. I feel like when I try to deflect I get fucked over and I beat the mini-bosses by being super aggressive and exploiting tools/surroundings. Only guy I really learned to parry was genchiro.

wrong lady was a fun and fair fight.

I've only played Shadow Tower:Abyss, but only the first two worlds were really hard. As soon as you get a big arsenal of weapons it becomes actually enjoyable. Chopping demon limbs with either an assault rifle or a mace is fun.

Owl 1 or Owl 2? Owl 1 is fairly easy. He has a lot of health, so you're going to have to chip at his vitality. Owl 1 also leaves some huge openings. Be defensive overall, but watch these moves.

>double shuriken -> jump: deflect shurikens, then dodge diagonally. Punish Owl when he whiffs.
>healing negate bomb: dodge the bomb, hit him once, then dodge again to avoid the expanding smoke
>Left swing right swing: Deflect Left Swing, dodge right swing, punish

Your punishes shouldn't be more than 1-2 attacks at a time. Be patient and learn the deflect timings. Phase 2 is actually easier.

It was neither fun nor fair when she'd jump away, I'd lose my lock-on and the camera would flip its shit almost-but-not-quite tracking her in the process

I swear in the midgame the most dangerous enemy is the fucking camera

my game has crashed twice now

I found Gyoubu to be a fun fight.Lady was a bit underwhelming for me (killed in 2 tries) but then again for the life of me I was not able to find owl (for the key) till way later so I had already defeated Genchiro + more bosses before I killed Lady.

When did I ever say she wasn't? I just said that she's a casual filter, alongside Gyoubu. If you look at Steam achievements at least, only 50.8% of people have beaten Lady Butterfly.

I think the problem was 90% of people were expecting darksouls or bloodborn where you could just dodge or block everything. People werent used to having to play aggressive. Its really only harder because you cant outlevel everything as much.

Same as these lads, I got my ass raped more by Seven spears than by Gyoubu and Lady combined

Which prosthetic is your favourite?

For me it's the Shuriken

>Its really only harder because you cant outlevel everything as much.

You can't really "outlevel" to begin with, since beyond like 12-13 attack power, any additional attack power boost you give yourself is so incredibly minuscule in its effect on posture damage, and even less noticeable on vitality damage.

You can fight Sword Saint on NG with like 25 Attack Power (by spending 10 hours grinding) and you would still do only a little damage to his vitality.

Shuriken feels extremely satisfying, nothing like throwing knives in the Souls games. Flame Vent and Sabimaru are my other two default prosthetics. Not that many enemies are weak to poison but when they are it's so fun to use Sabimaru.

Lady butterfly is honestly an extremely well designed boss fight, challenging at first but very fair.

Same with Axe being close second, I just enjoy punishing enemies that over-extend with Axe or Ichi.

Game is harder than any other From game for sure. Sword Saint is the hardest From boss ever. Just because some guys get lucky rng on some boss or AI loop does not mean the game is "easy".

Attached: 1530289908912.jpg (3440x1440, 556K)

Umbrella and Mist Raven for sure.

The "counter" attack on a fully charged umbrella does about the same damage as 4-5 regular slashes while only costing 1 spirit emblem. The Mist Raven removes dumb bullshit blockstun on otherwise unpunishable attacks.

I like Owl 2 more

the problem with Owl is his AI is just shit.

>Sword Saint is the hardest From boss ever
I had much, much more trouble with Owl 2. Like every Sekirsooulsborne game, "that one" boss is different for everyone.

right thats what I am saying, you can still level up your damage and get new skills but it's not the same as leveling in souls for better stats/gear.

Game was a bit harder for me but that's because I was a block or roll baby (never played BB but played DeS to DaS 3) otherwise once I got used to the parrying its a bit easier since stealth helps shitloads. Haven't played DMC5 yet but so far it's my GOTY, only criticism is I want more weapons even if it's within Japanese setting.

I'm inclined to agree that Sword Saint is the hardest.
I haven't fought Hirata Owl or even all Souls bosses but Isshin is a cunt for sure

It's no different than Metal Gear Rising really. You can also level up your blade there (to a certain extent) and buy skills from the skill tree, but everything else is on you.

I really like all of them outside of the fan.
I just wish some of the gimmicks were more relevant though, especially for the Axe/Spear, there's barely any shield users in the game or enemies with strippable armor, it's kind of a waste that you can't use their main gimmick much and end up using them more for damage/frame traps.
I hope the DLC fixes that.
>Sword Saint is the hardest From boss ever.
Nah, LRP Zinaida is still unbeaten by far.

>I really like all of them outside of the fan.

youtube.com/watch?v=I8N90wbYM8M

clips.twitch.tv/ChillyGlutenFreePepperoniGingerPower

Maybe you got lucky? Sword Saint has sometimes very strange AI loops and fail attacks.

I said the fan, not the umbrella, I know how broken it is, though Kuro's charm fixes that.

So when are we going to get a model swap that allows us to play as Emma?

I beat him on my 7th or 8th try, got to the last phase 3 times. Maybe I did get lucky, but from watching other videos I don't think so.

If you try to play it “legit” then yeah I’d say it’s noticeably harder than any other From game sans Last Raven.
But I also think Sekiro is even more cheesable than Demon’s Souls and that once you understand that it becomes the easiest.

Does it though? Sure it's not braindead, but it's still like top tier because of how generous the deflect window is.

>even more cheesable than Demon’s Souls
Nah. Can you summon people to beat bosses for you in Sekiro? Can you grind to the point where you can kill even bosses in one hit?

youtube.com/watch?v=fQmpNbKRoDE

The answer to both the questions above is no.

>muh bosses
Most of Sekiro is completely skippable once you realize that sneaking or running through zones is the fastest way to get through them.

>Does it though?
I'd say so.
Consider something like Shichimen, without the charm you can turtle him forever and take zero damage, you can soak up beams, bombs and even the skull machinegun, walk towards him, release the follow up, rinse and repeat, no damage at all easy victory.
With Kuro's charm though unless you deflect you're still taking damage, and considering Shichimen fills the arena with homing mines and projectiles you can't turtly anymore since you'll get massive chip damage, forcing you to play more carefully.

Another example, take Shura ending Isshin, when he use One Mind you'd normally just tank the judgment cut flurry with your umbrella and then release, with the charm you can't, you'd just fucking croak there due to the chip damage, especially on high NG+ loops.
You can even argue that Kuro's charm nerfs the umbrella too much in fights where it actually shines, it doesn't change a lot for things like Demon of Hatred that rely on single hit high damage, but a lot of high hit number bosses that get neutered by the umbrella now can't be cheesed with that.

>I beat him on my 7th or 8th try
maybe you're just that good user you should stream sekiro.

Attached: 1545539166890.png (220x220, 40K)

>Most of Sekiro is completely skippable once you realize that sneaking or running through zones is the fastest way to get through them.
Souls games are exactly the same though.

You literally just needed a break to calm yourself down so you could deal with the boss rationally rather than let your frustration get the better of you.
People work better when they have time to rest

And you still have to fight the bosses, most of whom are 100 times harder than any Demon's Souls fight.

Can't cheese Sword Saint or Demon of Hatred or Old Isshin. Like, at all.

I too remember using my overpowered mobility options to completely avoid drawing enemies aggro by running on the rooftops of the tower of latria.

I guess you have a point there. You can't just quietly sit there with umbrella anymore. You have to actually deflect or dodge.

Hence, "just sleep on it".

>most of whom are 100 times harder than any Demon's Souls fight.
DeS bosses are pretty easy but nearly every Sekiro boss can be summed up as “just parry bro”
>Sword Saint or Demon of Hatred or Old Isshin
Umbrella

I'm glad you do.

It's my GOTY

Your unconscious mind processes information while you sleep. Your brain is going through the fight and you are quite literally training as you sleep

Nice list. Genichiro is probably my favourite

The combat takes some time to learn, but once I learned the fundamental mechanics, there was nothing notably hard in the game. The movesets and quirks of each boss are quite complementary to the core mechanics, so I don't even know if there's potential (in DLC) for very hard bosses. The areas are also easy because of how broken the stealth is and how safe you always are due to crazy mobility. If you do no stealth, Snake Eyes and a few other minibosses will be tricky, but that's deliberately gimping yourself and doesn't make the game harder.

Attached: Review Tips Deflection.png (1276x710, 691K)

>nearly every Sekiro boss can be summed up as “just parry bro”
And any and all DeS bosses can be summed up as "just spam Fire Spray/Homing Soul Arrow bro", which takes a lot less skill and effort than deflecting.
Really dude, maybe you should go back to DeS and replay it a bit to see just how much of a mess it is.

Attached: 1298139663811.jpg (265x315, 59K)

At least you need to parry. You can beat any DeS boss without parrying.
>Umbrella
Good luck trying to make umbrella as braindead as running firestorm or homing soul mass combined with overleveling. You rely on umbrella and you'll run out of spirit emblems before you're even past the first phase. Meanwhile, one firestorm or soul mass is enough to kill any boss in DeS, as that video demonstrates.

Through the well you start in.

>dude this game is easy
>only beat the game on ng in babby mode

Attached: 1534952092711.jpg (215x198, 2K)

>which takes a lot less skill and effort than deflecting.
The only time deflecting becomes remotely challenging is on NG+ with the charm.
For the entire first run mashing L1 will take you far at zero cost.
At least spamming magic required you to constantly shove old spice down your gullet.

Don't even try to deny it. You can extremely easily run past every single enemy in every single zone of EVERY SINGLE SOULS GAME. Just run past everything and to the boss, it is very easy and what you do every time you die to a boss.

I can't speak for BB since I only got halfway through but DaS is far easier than its sequels.

main game is easier imo but the final boss is on a whole new level, hardest fromsoft boss fight hands down

Jump on the roof of the house with the corrupted nobles eating each other, from the roof you'll be able to find a new grapple point that will take you to the side of the Fountainhead Temple that you couldn't access, you'll find the Carp Master on a dock.

>The only time deflecting becomes remotely challenging is on NG+ with the charm.
Yeah, user, sure thing.
>For the entire first run mashing L1 will take you far at zero cost.
No it won't, mashing L1 will only leads to smaller deflect frame windows, which leads you to build posture and eventually get stance broken, Kuro's charm makes it even worse on NG+ since not only you get chip damage, you build posture a lot faster than NG.
>At least spamming magic required you to constantly shove old spice down your gullet.
LMFAO, you really think that amounts to anything? Especially with DeS generous amounts of consumables? You're a joke dude, just swallow your non existent pride already, this is embarassing.

>Isshin, on the other hand, pulls out brand new moves that you've never seen and have to learn just for his fight
They don't just oneshot you though. Gehrman will also have some moves you won't predict and you rally/heal back up now knowing about it. I got Isshin to the lightning phase on my first try because I did the Shura ending first and knew the base mechanics well enough by that point. Being able to block/deflect any new move that you're not sure what does makes it much safer to learn the movesets.

>firestorm
>a spell that requires you to clear 2-3 and at least part of 1-3 to get, which means the average new player won’t see it for awhile.
Look if youk’re trying to tell me that Demon’s Souls isn’t easily busted to hell and back by experienced players I already know that, what I’m saying is that Sekiro gives you all the tools that break the game right from the get-go, meaning that anyone at anytime can just blow through the game easily.

>running to a boss door on a route you already know is the same as being able to easily skip past nearly every enemy in an entire level

At the end of the day it's just a shitty rhythm game as you learn the patterns to the enemy attacks. Also

>game tells you to jump out dodge out of grab attacks
>a lot of track you pretty well and and hit you in the air, resulting in those retard Souls moments where you teleport into the enemy's clutches

>From Software final bosses are usually easy, I bet Sekiro’s final boss is also ea-

This was the best final boss in a FS game in terms of gameplay by far, fighting Genichiro, Way of Tomoe followed by Isshin, the Sword Saint was the hypest shit, oh my god

Attached: 9200E420-CFA3-48F7-9447-9650D7FAC3F4.jpg (480x360, 25K)

wrong, you’re jumping against thrust attacks if they’re following you

>meaning that anyone at anytime can just blow through the game easily
And you're flat out lying. No one has done a no death playthrough on their first time playing Sekiro.

>what I’m saying is that Sekiro gives you all the tools that break the game right from the get-go
So do any and all Soul games, see all the bitching about the shillswords in DS3 for instance.
Difference being that Sekiro is an action game at its core, meaning that you must learn how to use those tools in order to "break" the game, while Souls are RPGs, meaning you can just overlevel/get better beatsticks/armor and ignore a lot of core mechanics.

Attached: 1424429219388.jpg (500x281, 24K)

And no one has done a no-death first time playthrough of DeS either. And sure I died a few time throughout Sekiro (and a whole lot on Saint Isshin), but once I understood just how strong stealth and sprint are the game became boring as fuck.

Whats the very best place to farm xp and sen? I'm just before the very last boss, after Fountainhead

How do I get to the lone house with the item off the cliff on the left side of the fountain palace? I tried jumping off the highest roof but I can’t reach

My god you are fucking retarded. You literally just have to jump again from their face and their grab doesn't grab you.
Also you are flat out lying, literally only ogres grab tracks you ridiculously, otherwise every attack in the game has realistic tracking.

The gameplay is top tier and you are mentally retarded shitter.

Ashina outskirts stairway

Its not difficult, it requires you to understand how the game wants you to play and learn all the boss patterns. I completed my NG+ playthrough and I have to say that there is no replay value cause you only have to beat a boss once to be able to beat them again and again.

That's on you then. You literally have no argument because you can run past everything in Souls games on first playthrough too, which also makes them boring. Don't cry at the game when you're playing it in a non intended way.

>the witness all hidden puzzles

this kills 99% of Yea Forums, you posted an actual challenge

I did lads i beat issin all phases .
cant even express myself right now, like my sins have been lifted

Attached: 1549231270450.jpg (494x330, 32K)

>DeS bosses are pretty easy but nearly every Sekiro boss can be summed up as “just parry bro”
DeS has by far the easiest bosses out of the entire Souls series. The only remotely challenging boss is Flamelurker. People constantly foam at the mouth at other fights like Penetrator but if they actually took off their nostalgia goggles and played the fight again they would realize it sucks. Penetrator has like 5 attacks, and that's being generous. One is the grab and another is a gap closer that he spams every time you move away and it's extremely punishable. False King Allant and Maneaters are cool fights but their difficulty gets extremely overrated, like the soul level sucking. You pretty much have to get hit on purpose to get soulsucked by Allant, it is a slow attack with no range where his hand starts glowing for like a full second or more. DeS difficulty is a joke.
>nearly every Sekiro boss can be summed up as “just parry bro”
That's like saying every Souls boss is easy because it's "just roll it bro". Deflecting isn't incredibly difficult but it's more precise than rolling and you need to do it more often, and on top of that you have jumping and dodging which are useful too at avoiding other attacks. Souls games just have dodge and blocking with shields, and the latter is more braindead than any other form of damage avoidance. Also you can have infinite grass in DeS after a minor grinding session which means you can't die to a boss unless you give up or he one shots you. As if any of those gimmick ass bosses could do it.

noice, now go play with Kuro's Charm and Demon's bell and experience true suffering.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR 6 HOURS STRAIGHT, THIS MOTHERFUCKER IS TOO STRONG! FUCK THE DEVELOPERS!

Attached: pepe35.gif (990x1000, 1.71M)

It's only hard for Soulsfags who rely on summons and overleveling.

>meaning you can just overlevel/get better beatsticks/armor
This has always been a nonsense argument. If Drake and Josh are fucking your shit then having 20 points in vitality or 25 doesn’t mean anything. Weapons, weapon upgrades, and armor are all tied to your area progression as well, meaning that you can’t game the system there either.
The real crutch is online and even the boss gets a health buff and you’re relying on the other player not being a complete retard. And of course you have to use a resource first to even be able to summon in the first place (though to be fair these items aren’t exactly rare, though for new players a lot of them think they’re a lot more precious than they actually are).

This really is it, the "difficulty" is in figuring out how the game designers decided you should fight X boss. Once you do this, it's really quite simplistic. It is funny that the designers still haven't managed to make hit/hurtboxes retarded. Maybe they did in BB I haven't played it but this one has all the same issues that the Souls games had.

>that umbrella deflect on the dive bomber

Attached: 1544184452983.gif (245x246, 1.93M)

Still can't get the parry timing down, so for me it's hard as balls still. Which is weird because I was really good at it in BB.

>This really is it, the "difficulty" is in figuring out how the game designers decided you should fight X boss. Once you do this, it's really quite simplistic.
>When you figure out the intended solution the game becomes easy
Holy fuck, we have a Mensa tier colossus here, don't think too much user or your head might explode.
>this one has all the same issues that the Souls games had.
Nah, most grabs are still retarded but at least projectiles work as such and are not magical heat seeking patriot arrows.

i cant even explain how, but am thankfully to the lazulite sabimaru and praying strike exorcism.

>owl phase 2
what's with the funky music

Attached: 1544586133442.jpg (420x300, 13K)

you can parry Isshin's moves too, just not by spamming your gun from a safe distance like Gerhman's

Is anyone else bothered by the cutscenes before boss fights?

In Souls and Bloodborne, when you die to a boss, you get to just enter the arena and the fight is on. The cutscene doesn't play anymore.

But now, Genichiro, Owl, and Isshin all have cutscenes you have to skip every single time. Not just before the fight, but during the fight too.
It's a weird change for the worse that I just don't understand.

you forget DMC3 DMD
NG2 MN

>I guess I can say that my complaint of Sekiro is that you are going to die a lot even if you think you're good and think you've "figured out" the game. You're going to die learning how to react to brand new attacks that you have never seen before. Whereas the answer to such attacks in Dark Souls and Bloodborne is always obvious, DODGE!
How's that a complaint? The fact that you don't have a singular response to mash the magic dodge button to every enemy attack is a good thing.

>fireworks
>double ichimonji
>quarter of a posture bar gone
Works every time

Attached: 1553746438856.jpg (480x480, 21K)

annoying and a decision that makes no sense. surprise no one mention it to fromsotware

Attached: 1552380698408.gif (500x400, 1.96M)

When you fight Genichiro, Owl and Isshin, they're like 5 seconds away from killing or kidnapping Kuro had you not arrived. They can't really write the story in such a way that contextualizes you dying repeatedly and coming back to them.

Who FUCKING cares

How is our guy doing?

Attached: basedphil.png (580x582, 666K)

if you know what you're doing you could cheeze many bossfights with the right build in DS

Sekiro throws you at bosses with limited options so you have to face them like everyone else

If you're just going to be dismissive then I'll be dismissive too. Just stop dying and it wouldn't be a problem, faggot.

Speedrunners cheese every boss in Sekiro though. If you use a combination of Divine Confetti and other buffs, you can just spam R1 or Double Ichimonji and it perma stunlocks most bosses.
Only Sword Saint is a hard fight in speedruns, he's not really cheesable except you can prevent him from ever drawing the halberd in his 2nd form if you are very aggressively constantly attacking him and have a bit of luck.

>he didn't abuse the fuck out of the combat art once he got it

Attached: 1488746956002.png (585x633, 338K)

everyone knows that japanese have a limited field of vision
thats why the guy in the dress had to move his head back and forth just to see what every european could see by default

9/10
accurate and a nice detail

Attached: secret sekiro boss.gif (320x240, 1.44M)

He beat the 2 apes and corrupted monk yesterday and will fight Owl next

The grabs are complete bullshit though, depending on the enemy of course.

>Beat the second Owl fight in Hirata Estate
>Said "YES" very loudly
>Immediately fell asleep once I was done celebrating on finally killing him
>Had the best sleep I ever had in the last few weeks
I can just tell today is going to be a good day. Feel so good about beating Owl and sleeping more than just 3 hours.

Attached: 1553587574464.gif (300x300, 1.98M)

What's the point of using confetti on non-apparition enemies?

???
Genichiro uses it just as rarely as Sekiro, one or two attacks very rarely. It is a Combat Art for him as well.

Literally
And I do mean LITERALLY
Nobody gives a flying fuck if there's a minor narrative inconsistency if it's made to improve the player's experience.

NOBODY would be like "what the fuck shouldn't Kuro be dead since I failed"
And in fact, because the cutscene keeps playing, does that mean that Wolf isn't just resurrecting, but time traveling as well? I mean how else am I dying, coming back, and seeing these events play out over and over?
Hm?

In other words
It's a stupid decision that shouldn't have been made and does nothing positive for the player

Confetti gives a flat damage buff to your weapon no matter what. It's just a bigger buff when against apparitions. But it deals extra damage against every enemy, and the more damage you deal, the more you stagger and stun them.

Maybe it adds elemental damage to your R1? I dunno.

Oh, good to know

who

Was also really disappointed by this
They could have just copy-pasted a curved greatsword moveset from DaS3 and called it a day and that would have been fine

It's really dumb and should not be the case in my opinion. The damage buff is enough that you can just R1 spam some bosses, completely ignoring all other mechanics.

Any tips for fighting centipede Monk?

how did Isshin ressurrect from Genichiro’s body when his corpse is in Ashina Castle - Kuro’s Room? Is it not the real Isshin in the final battle?

fire crackers

Deflect and jump

She has a lot of superarmor on her attacks, so don't be too aggressive and focus on building up her posture gauge through deflecting.
You can also skip the first two phases.

You seem to think I was defending it. I wasn't. I was just explaining the reasoning behind it because you said you didn't understand, and now you're throwing a tantrum after I reacted in kind. Get some sleep.

He didn't resurrect "from Genichiros body". If you pick up the Black Scroll item from Isshins tower, it says the second Mortal Blade is also called "Open Gate" and it can open a portal to the Underworld.
When Genichiro cuts his neck with the blade, the wound becomes a portal to the afterlife, and Isshin can enter the human world again through that portal. He is not inside Genichiros body, but in the Underworld, and the wound acts as a portal.

>more difficult
lolwut? I swear every fucking clown on twitch finished it with minimal efforts. There's so many bugs and cheesing in the game it's not even funny.

I just gave it a rest when I got to ape boi. I haven’t played it for like 4 days now.

Why did Isshin turn younger when he resurrected?

Ape boi seems scary at first but honestly first phase only has like 3-4 attacks and plenty of openings, I played both like a dark souls boss and killed him no problems after few attempts.

So why does Isshin want to fight Wolf
Honestly I don't really understand anything in this story beyond the fetch quest for Immortal Severance.

Like what was Genichiro's motivation, again? 'Cause he's already immortal, but he wants the Dragon Heritage too?
Or not?
And why does Owl want the Dragon Heritage?
Why did Lady Butterfly betray Wolf?

It feels like some intern accidentally deleted the cutscenes for 40% of the game

>otherwise every attack in the game has realistic tracking

Attached: Snake Eyes.webm (800x450, 2.51M)

The memory description of Sword Saint explained that, but I can't find it online nor did I screenshot it. Basically, when you are summoned from underworld you are returned in your peak physical form.

I was drunk last night fighting the giraffe centipede guy and for the most part all I could do it spam parry.
I was thinking, "How am I gonna hit this guy?"
Sure I threw some firecrackers and got some hits in but I forgot all my parrying nearly broke his posture.
Tossed one more firecracker and killed his ass.
If some drunk boomer can mash parry and win, it's not any harder than Bloodborne.

Attached: 1538641854031.png (186x186, 5K)

>NG
>Beat Shinobi Owl in 2 tries, beat Owl father in >25 tries
>NG+
>Beat Shinobi Owl in >20 tries, beat Owl father in 3 tries
What is wrong with me

Attached: file.jpg (319x331, 18K)

>that webm again even though I remember we debunked it days ago
keke

Why do people keep having trouble with this grab? It's really clear that by the first time you get caught by it that you should be dodging the pull backwards and not the downward swing. Yet instead of adjusting accordingly, people just call it a bad hitbox.

>So why does Isshin want to fight Wolf
The dude enjoys battle.

>Like what was Genichiro's motivation
to save Ashina at all cost

>Cause he's already immortal
yeah but what if he was DOUBLE immortal? idk man

>And why does Owl want the Dragon Heritage
Dude's gonna die of old age eventually so immortality seems pretty good

>Why did Lady Butterfly betray Wolf?
Also an old cunt. May have wanted the same as Owl.

Just turn your brain off, bro.
Souls never had coherent stories.
From can't write for shit.

Is this supposed to prove something?
She tries to grab you once, if this grab fails she tracks you and tries to grab you a second time when she pulls her gun towards herself.

The slowmotion in the video even shows this 100%. Your own proof is debunking your argument.

imagine
jumping
backwards

Attached: 1554182757649.jpg (744x876, 129K)

I mean, does the game ever really properly explain why everyone respawns when you rest at a shrine? They can't pull the old Souls excuse with all the different timelines and worlds clashing bullshit. The story is more involved in Sekiro but isn't totally coherent even if you were to acknowledge all its rules.

The first part can be deflected so it's not a grab, it's a really weird attack and the game doesn't really communicate how it works. Tracking is fine though.

>to save Ashina at all cost
What does that have to do with the Dragon Heritage
Also who is the Ministry and why did they only show up at the very end of the game

Previous From stories were pretty straightforward though. There's a bunch of esoteric lore but the core plot itself tends to be pretty simple.

>tfw your habit of clearing everything available before progressing main story caused major sequence breaks where you miss a bunch of fights and problems making the last stretch of the game a couple hours long at best
It's pretty cool the freedom you're allowed but seeing people talk about stuff I didn't get to do feels like I missed out. Also you fags better have played with JP voices. Also praise kuro.

Attached: 783789056.jpg (700x862, 105K)

>What does that have to do with the Dragon Heritage
If he can respawn infinitely then he can just kill the entire army of the interior ministry by himself. Presumably the rejuvenating waters aren't quite powerful enough for that.

isshin wants to fight wolf because he respects wolf, loves a good fight, considers wolf best warrior he met, can respect his grandkid (geni) dying wish despite their differences
geni wants ashina to be strong and shit and for that he wants immortality, whatever heretical techniques he uses and however strong he is he is NOT immortal
owl is a typical powergrab type, just wants everything for the sake of it, and dragon cock is the shiniest toy in town that will make getting all of japan much easier
dont remember about lady but probably got bought out by owl or just joined him when he was planning hirata raid during which he "killed" you

lmao dude come the fuck on
its feudal japan and ashina is a literal who clan
what you see at the end of the game is just everyday feudalism
google some history on it if you really want to know what happened

>play with JP voice
>miss out on MY NAAAAAAAAAME
Why would you do that to yourself user

Attached: file.jpg (600x337, 31K)

>Japanese setting
>Japanese game
>unoriginal voices
Why would you do that to yourself user

It's because the entire story takes place in a memory.
OOOOOOOOOHHH!

>dodges way too early
>gets grabbed as a result
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOW
Are you literally DSP?

Sekiro is only difficult because most attack animations tell you nothing about the properties of an attack, save for whether it's a sweep or a thrust or a grab (and even then the animations for them are not really clear at first and sometimes blend together)
Like, when an enemy winds up his attack, you don't know the following just by looking at the animation:
>whether the enemy has poise
>what the estimated range of the attack is
>what the required timing for the attack is to successfully deflect it/dodge it
>whether the attack has tracking
>whether the attack will be followed up with consecutive strikes
>whether the attack can even be jumped over (some attacks aside from sweeps can be jumped over, but others can't)
>whether the attack has enough weight behind it that it will leave you temporarily staggered/knock you back even if you do deflect it
>whether the attack will deal chip damage anyways even if you do perfectly deflect it

Because it's impossible to know these things on your first try, you just have to figure out through trial and error what the boss' attack properties actually are and how you can respond to them. And because the rules constantly change between bosses, it never feels like you are applying fundamental skills, but more like learning abstract deflect timings based on abstract attack animations and enemy openings for when you can strike.

Having the same telegraph effect for three attack types is cruel because it screws with your muscle memory and causes option paralysis. I see red kanji so I jump, but it was actually a thrust. But at the same time the attacks happen so fast that you can't reliably respond based on reading the enemy's attack animation, while the animations for a sweep and thrust are often completely arbitrary and have to be hard memorized anyways. It's easier to just memorize when a boss will throw out a perilous attack and what type it is.

I like the combat in Sekiro, it's just that the learning process is painfully obtuse.

Attached: nani.png (583x522, 277K)

>Previous From stories were pretty straightforward though
So is this one honestly.

In the land of Ashina there are ways to become immortal BUT AT WHAT COST (it corrupts people) Divine Heir wants to end it, which is why you go about gathering ingredients to get the macguffin to sever immortality.

Interior ministry wants the power of immortality for themselves and invades Ashina around the same time.

W A R E !
A
R
E
!
ONIWA GYOUBU MASATAKA NARI

Attached: 1435692657141.jpg (473x357, 38K)

Dodging backwards just puts your of the grab's effective ranged entirely. But that's if you dodge early. You can just wait for the grab's active frames and iframe through them on the spot.

>start playing on nip language
>switch to english during gyoubu fight
>switch back to nip after beating him
Optimal way of playing the game

dubfags deserve the rope
kys

The English voices in Sekiro are bad

>why ordinary mooks respawn when time passes
their superiours noticed casualties on duty and replaced them?
not a single named dude respawns
everything that respawns is run off the mill standard trash

Yeah the quest for Immortal Severance is straightforward but everything else generally just kind of happens without much buildup or payoff, just "well now you have to kill this guy"

It doesn't make sense in any game apart from maybe BB as it's all muh dream. In Souls some unique undead enemies do not respawn while some non undead do. Time is convoluted and results in funky stuff but the 'alternative timeline on each death thing' or whatever is just a shitty attempt to explain what is simply a game mechanic. In Sekiro it makes no sense either but you just can't have each enemy stay dead after being killed now can you.

Yes and I suppose the interior ministry sends wave after wave after wave of shinobi's into ashinas castle and the ashina dudes get caught by surprise every single time right?

It's purely a gameplay mechanic.

Are their superiors really going to be so concerned about replacing that one purple shinobi they have stationed next to Mibu Village, especially since they have no way to know he got shanked in the first place since he's there alone? I appreciate the explanation but it's really flimsy.

Hmmm, makes sense, now I remember the stuff about the black blade being able to open portals.

So let me see if I get the first part of the story correctly:

Isshin Ashina fought fiercely in the Sengoku era and became a feudal lord with many vassals, among them were Owl, a shinobi in his service, who adopted Sekiro, and the Hiratas. 20 years later, The immortal Divine Heir, Kuro, also lived with Isshin Ashina, who offered him protection from people who wanted his sacred blood.

Sekiro was assigned to become Kuro’s personal protector and Owl, his master, was secretly jealous and wanted Kuro’s immortality power to conquer Ashina and later Japan, so he plotted with the Interior Ministry to overthrow Isshin Ashina, who was sick and being treated by Lady Emma. Owl, with the interior ministry’s help, paid bandits to attack the vassal Hirata Estate and pretended he was killed, but Sekiro managed to reach the inner palace room before Kuro was abducted by Lady Butterfly, Sekiro’s former trainer, who worked for Owl. Sekiro killed her, but was stabbed in the back by Owl (without his knowledge). Owl thought he was dead and left the area. Owl didn’t know Sekiro already had the power of ressurrection bestowed upon him by Kuro sometime before that incident.

Genichiro, Isshin’s grandson, saw his grandfather’s health deteriorate and the multiple plots to conquer Ashina, so he wanted to find a way to save the Ashina estate by any means necessary, including acquiring the power of immortality, either by Kuro’s blessing or the rejuvenating waters. He captured Kuro from the Interior Ministry and sent him to moon-view tower.

Some time before that, Sekiro revived, with amnesia due to the trauma of that Hirata Estate incident night, was captured while trying to find Kuro by himself and sent to the well, where the game starts.

Thoughts? Did I get anything wrong?

Attached: E198EC38-A255-4346-A126-5C12E6CF312D.jpg (1920x1080, 131K)

>play with shitty activision dub
no

Sculptor completely changes character in the English dub because of his voice actor. Fuck that.

>Sekiro already had the power of ressurrection bestowed upon him by Kuro sometime before that incident.
He didn't. Kuro digs him out from under burning debris and takes the Wolf into his Immortal Oath then and there.
We also know nothing of Kuro's and the Wolf's fate for the entire duration for the 3 year timeskip.

The only boss I found had unpredictable poise was the last boss. All other humanoid bosses could consistently be staggered out of their swings by attacking them unless they were already in the momentum of a perilous attack or something like that, and even then some could still be interrupted. And other enemies had reasonable poise as well. Axe bandits with armor have poise until you remove their armor, those giants have poise, etc.
As for the range and timing, I think it just has to do with reactions. People constantly talk down the deflect system as being easy, but it does ask more of you in term of reflexes than the roll system, which is very generous in Souls. If you're fast to react, you see when the sword is about to reach you and then press deflect.
As for the attacks that can be jumped over, all the ones that do not hit in an arc upwards can be jumped over. The only ones I find are very trial-and-error to see if they can actually hit you while jumping are thrusts. They really want you to Mikiri them and they gave some of the thrusts incredible vertical tracking.
Attacks can sometimes lead into consecutive strikes or not depending on if you block or deflect them. Bosses will reel back harder from deflects so this interrupts a lot of combos. There's others that go on anyways, but that's again, reflexes. You can cancel the first part of the R1 animation into a deflect so even if you swung you can deflect as long as you react fast enough to the enemy's blade swinging again.

Attached: critical.png (762x432, 570K)

Why would I want to play an as English speaking shinobi in feudal Japan?

they arent caught by surprise in general, unless you mean like in strategical sense but they are already inside the city and are clewrly overwhelming ashina so why would they get pushed outside again
most of the encounters are face to face fights, only a patrol or two get shanked which is to be expected since interior troops are leagues ahead of what ashina has to offer
well considering that someone stuck him there in the first place than yeah, they probably consider it important and he should have some sort of a base nearby and even if acts totally alone it will be apparent he died once contact with him stops and he should have a way to contact his command because there is no other reason to have a small detachments like that far from base other than to gather intel which requires some way of periodical messaging, considering timeline most likely he has some runner or messenger posted to him who reports back regularly, and the dude itself gathers info on weird happening in mibu village and all that fish noble stuff

Got the dried viscera of the serpent, without spoiling much what am I supposed to do with it?

First of all Sekiro isnt a souls game, second of all it isnt even remotely difficult

It's a quest item used for a specific ending.

Dark Souls was pretty easy if you ran a Faith Build. Literally just spam Lightning Spear and Heal. The only bosses that can really give you problems are Ornstein and Smough since they're resistant to that shit

An NPC asks you to bring it to them.

you’re correct, Sekiro gets amnesia after that first ressurrection, I assume. Their encounter in the moon-view tower makes me think that was the first time they encountered each other since the Hirata Estate incident three years earlier, which happened behind Genichiro’s back and was plotted by Owl and the Interior Ministry (hinted by the three-story pagoda dude watching from above).

Since Kuro was under Genichiro’s control inside Ashina Castle when you get the Kusabimaru back and Genichiro hadn’t ask for immortality yet, I’m assuming Genichiro’s men re-captured Kuro soon before that Sekiro-Kuro meeting, right?

>multiple touch enemies
>Backstab one, make him your puppet and fuck shit up
Best shit ever

Attached: 214332.png (740x696, 440K)

It’s one of the pieces required for the best (in my opinion) ending

Based

I think the story kind of falls flat after killing Genichiro because you don't have as much of a personal stake in what happens after that. Like, the game starts off almost like Megaman X where this faggot steals your shota and either completely deletes you or owns you in a cutscene like a total faggot, so you want to beat his ass as payback by getting stronger.

But then you kill him after getting like 30-40% into the game, and after that the story is just hunting a macguffin for Kuro to end his immortality because muh Shinobi code, which you as the player don't have as much of a reason to care about since all you've done up to this point is kill everyone to get your shota back. After that I mostly felt detached from everything happening around me like reading a history book, as it's mostly just From WorldBuilding where you explore things that have gone to shit and maybe find out how they went to shit, but in the end it doesn't strongly concern you either way as you're just passing through to get your macguffin. Even for Sekiro himself there isn't much of a stake in the story until Owl comes flying along

Aside from some bits like the Demon of Hatred fight or the Shura ending fights, most events don't particularly concern you. The Divine Dragon fight had an unironically epic presentation but the underlying stakes made it feel more like you were breaking into an old man's house to steal his cum

HELP ME LADS

WHICH ONE DO I PICK?

They’re balls

You literally have no choice in the matter.

get tome from the bottom of temple pond (diving is unlocked after corrupted monk boss fight) if you havent already gotten it from headmonk (disappears after castle geni fight), give to loli, get other visc from flying kite, going there and killing serpent and feed them both to her
if she ever goes missing from her pillow shes at hall of illusions, forgot what triggers it
once you feed them to her visit her later get tears and you have true ending unlocked

>and the Interior Ministry (hinted by the three-story pagoda dude watching from above).
There's like four more of them there, including a mini-boss, if you revisit the memory in the Purification ending. Although I'm not entirely sure the Lone Shadows work for the Ministry, even though Isshin calls them Ministry rats. They might be just hired assassins.
>I’m assuming Genichiro’s men re-captured Kuro soon before that Sekiro-Kuro meeting, right?
This would make sense, yes, although it's weird how Owl and hist gang of professional killers couldn't find and capture one little boy that night, and how he ended up with Genichiro.
>Their encounter in the moon-view tower makes me think that was the first time they encountered each other since the Hirata Estate incident three years earlier
If that was so, then how and where did Kuro survive the last three years?

I think the weakest part of the story was how it struggles to show the bad side of immortality. I think you're supposed to try to help Kuro because immortality is this horrible thing and it corrupts people who seek it, but the game doesn't have a great way of showing it. I just praised the story in the other thread, but at the same time I think that's the most flimsy part about it.

>you don't have as much of a personal stake in what happens after that
Yes you do. You continue serving your beloved shota master. If you didn't care enough about him, you wouldn't have saved him. And if you cared enough to save him, you must care enough to continue performing your duties.

Even just that teaser trailer with the English voice was very misleading about his character. I hope miyazaki lets other people write his games from now on because this was a pleasure to experience. Love the themes at play, the characters, and that everything ties together instead of the vague nonsense and a hamfisted ending in Dark Souls

Wrong

dude, Dragonrot is literally there to show how bad immortality is, as is the fact that such power will forever cause men to go to war to acquire it.

I dont know lad dragonrot scared me a lot my first playthrough, and there's the shura thing as well

>the game doesn't have a great way of showing it
Literally every immortal you fight is fucked in some sense. Monks are infested with centipedes and forgot their own teachings, abducted and experimented on people, the nobles even after obtaining a sort of immortality suck people's youth out. The ape's description implies it tried to kill itself many times out of loneliness. The immortal samurai literally only wishes to die. Then you have people like Genichiro and Owl who only seek immortality and fuck everyone's shit up because of it. It's a deviation from a natural order that Kuro wants to eradicate.

Dragonrot is one thing, but it's not about immortality itself, or what negative effects its uses have.
It's about what the very fact of immortality being possible does to power-hungry people around you.

>but the game doesn't have a great way of showing it.
>Literal rape dungeon full of rotting zombies, managed by a madman that eventually dies for the sake of his research and an assistant that goes quite literally insane and has to be put down
>An entire temple of monks who massacred villages and countless children, became hosts for demonic centipedes and god knows what else just for the sake of immortality
>A man who goes to extreme length to the point of sacrificing what little remains of his country with his own hands in the desperate search of immortality
>An entire village of people turned into soul sucking, cannibalistic abomination who sought and obtained an inperfect form of immortality
>A giant ape born to suffer from immortality and eternal loneliness
>A protagonist with an immortality power that is literal poison for the people around him
>doesn't have a great way of showing it.
No user, you're just fucking hopelessly dumb

Attached: 1533980197412.jpg (970x582, 138K)

You've got a pretty neat way of writing, user. I genuinely appreciate your style and humor.

I haven't finished Sekiro yet, but based on how much I've played so far I'd say that I agree on just about all of your points from a purely rational perspective. I'm far too drunk right now to try to expand upon this, but all I can say is you're right, I like the game quite a bit, and frankly being done with it will be a relief if nothing else.

M C G U F F I N
C
G
U
F
F
I
N

Attached: 1540396823931.jpg (1080x1080, 209K)

When owl takes over the castle am i supposed to explore it again or just fight him

The one you want you mouth-breathing retard. Are you incapable of your own choices?

Not that it matters.

I found the game easier than the souls games, and I didn't really think those were "hard"

You can do both. Though you do have to go through it once more (with a new mini-boss) to reactivate the statue near the Owl.

I think Owl and the Interior Ministry worked together, but the Interior Ministry didn’t know Owl’s true intentions, they thought he was simply changing sides for money or something. Hence my guess that the Interior Ministry captured Kuro after he revived Sekiro. Owl wanted to be 1on1 with Kuro to ask for the blessing but didn’t get that opportunity, so he bode time, the Interior Ministry couldn’t use his powers or force Kuro to cooperate (remember, he can’t be killed or even bled by normal means), they could just lock him up.

Then, Genichiro captured Kuro, Sekiro tried to rescue him, got his arm cut off by Gen, Gen asked for Kuro’s blessing, he didn’t give it, so Gen went forward with the rejuvenating waters plan while looking for the black mortal blade.

Sekiro's gameplay looks pretty damn neato, but man I just can't get over how derivative the rest of the game looks. It feels so utterly devoid of creativity, it makes the Souls games look like Dragon Quest.

Should I play it? Is the gameplay that good?

Attached: 1353700116931.png (621x954, 193K)

that’s the point, nothing inherently bad about immortality, the curse is always being coveted by men and never being released.

Touche. I-I'm just tired and didn't think of that now, okay? D-don't bully.

Attached: I_have_given_up.jpg (670x670, 46K)

Fair enough. Genichiro gets away and promises he'll be back but you're still fetching stuff for Kuro regardless. The only thing propelling you forward main-plot-wise is wanting to fulfill Kuro's wishes. Owl's betrayal being made evident was a nice return to Sekiro's agency but you go back to getting materials for Kuro again after you kill him.

When am i supposed to attack owl? I feel like im constantly on defence

guys two questions

where do you gfind the arm aesthetic [???] which lets you control people so I can use it on that little guy to keep the kite in the air

and when do you learn the swimming ability? thanks in advance

Attached: 1553272514095.jpg (576x318, 20K)

Best boss fight in the game

Attached: 1554207092962.jpg (1280x720, 301K)

problem?

Attached: monkey-business.gif (921x1168, 335K)

What’s the name of the doctor in the dungeon, do we ever see him? I think he only talks, we don’t gt to see or fight him, right? We only kill the assistant

Both are boss rewards, so just keep playing

The game isn't actually generic. It's just basically low fantasy for most of the story. It has great aesthetics still. The most generic From game with the worst aesthetics is still Dark Souls 2. Just look at pic related, Sekiro is peak From kino.

Attached: 20190330202926_1.jpg (1920x1080, 414K)

yes

This happens so many times with difficult bosses in Souls. I'd spend hours on Kalameet or Orphan, only to beat them in a few tries after whole week of not playing the game.

Wait, is it said anywhere the Ministry was also seeking the dragon heritage? I thought they just wanted to take back control over Ashina.

Item descriptions sneakily reveal they're the same person.

Attached: 1260499212661.jpg (200x197, 13K)

that’s not Isshin, the Sword Saint

The camera is actually the truest boss of this entire game, like it makes me want to cry at times how awkward it is.

But don’t they talk to each other at one point? Was that just schizophrenia?

It feels way easier so far, but I've only played DeS and DS1. Something about the blocking makes it feels more manageable? I almost snapped a controller for Ornstein and Smough, and I straight up cheated with the item dupe trick in DeS, never felt like I was treated unfairly in Sekiro

Guess I must be a contrarian faggot then. DaS2 is my favorite DaS game and that screenshot is drab as hell.

Much harder in the first half, easier in the second

Something like that.

>Academics' Red Lump
>Dosaku and Dojun were the quintessential master and discipline. Often when pursuing the ideal self, one needs only look within.

Note that it's also spelled Academics', as in plural.

Attached: ds2mmo.jpg (1200x4691, 3.95M)

What do you mean? I switched to English audio for NG+ but I've been pretty much skipping dialogue anyway.

okay so the shichen headless warrior in the abaonded dungeon

we ain't trying him until end game, yeah?

>I can't form my own argument, so I'm going to post this picture which I think makes X look bad.
Nice going, kid.

Do I get locked to an ending if I stick too close to one quest like Emma's?

Don't hesitate just because he's spooky, just bring terror heals

Anti-air deathblow is also effective when he likes to jump around, which I believe happens more likely if you don't use confetti but I haven't really tested that properly

Am I being trolled? Are people actually getting filtered by Gyoubu? lmao just stand there and parry then sidestep

Nobody can actually believe this. Souls ng+ is nothing, I did Old Hunters on ng+ for the first time and it was mainly hard because I didn't know the bosses and they hit like trucks. I did the bull first try on NG, with the charm active on NG+ he fucking killed me.

whoooah, makes sense

I'm at the end of the game when shit hits the fan. Can I go back to the starting areas? Because the path seems closed.

What argument is there to make? The designs in pic related are atrocious. Dark Souls 2 isn't a bad game in my opinion, but it doesn't have the same atmosphere or design creativity as other Souls games. A large portion of the game feels like a generic DnD inspired RPG. Of course when I'm saying "it feels like" there's a degree of subjectivity implied. But come on, there's cyclops, green zombies, shreks with hammers, etc. The only decent parts from a visual design standpoint are Drangleic Castle (when looked at from afar), Looking Glass Knight, Shrine of Amana and the DLC.

didn't play mainline souls, apart from ds2 which i quit after an hour due to shitty controls
loved sekiro tho, was hard-ish but becomes easy once it clicks, didn't even get mad over a death once. everything was my own fault

You can, there's a kite that you can hook on in the ashina castle, shouldn't be too difficult to spot

>Drangleic Castle
God, what complete disappointment that area came to be. That guy says the example you posted was drab when the entire Drangleic Castle felt completely dead inside, and not because of the whole "oh, it's the end of the world" but there was nothing to it aesthetically.

What I expected
>Extremely fun parrying game about being a ninja
What I got
>Pteromerhanophobia

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks

Attached: 1534615238465.jpg (533x534, 104K)

Yeah, some areas are locked off permanently though

Yeah but you can backtrack almost to the very start with a nice surprise at the end