Why was SomethingAwful able to create an entirely new video game IP but not Yea Forums?

Why was SomethingAwful able to create an entirely new video game IP but not Yea Forums?

Attached: IMG_6163.jpg (970x546, 68K)

because every time a dev starts to work on candlejack they get to the part where they ha

Who knows?

Should’ve known better than to say his name.

Because Yea Forums is lazy
There's been lots of attempts to make videogames here but the only thing that ever came out of it all was a cripple dating sim.

we almost did

Attached: PANIC.jpg (275x296, 28K)

We made Katawa Shoujo

Attached: 1305883756628.jpg (1044x1198, 388K)

Minecraft kinda came from here tho

Candlejack. There you go. I said it. Fuck your stupid reddit meme.

Because Yea Forums memes are shit.

But it’s a shitty IP.

And waste this chance that he's been given. No he's never gonna dance again.

Was KS Yea Forums or Yea Forums?

The he danced with you.

I thought the fact that he’s owned by WB was the problem.

Didn't Yea Forums create SCP?

I don’t think so.

Attached: E914C392-F47B-4657-A5B2-0BF2972F2597.jpg (1280x1738, 241K)

It's older than you are newfag

>it’s real
Please kill me.

Attached: 7C733643-6097-4AB7-859C-F120F4465D92.png (1000x1358, 1.01M)

Pretty sure it started as a Yea Forums thing, got sold by the original creator of the website, then got flooded with the SJW types

No /x/ did.
It was good back than and it's honestly still good now if you ignore all the meta shit and the politically charged faggots and non-faggots

Why does everything need to represented through a "collective" board or forum so-called group effort even when not necessarily everyone is involved or not everyone cares? Its BIRGing of the worst kind.

Katawa Shoujo was former/a/, not Yea Forums

Why must they do this?

>Lowtax is in debt because of american healthcare and nobody gives a shit about SA anymore so it doesn't make money
BASED hope hes forced to take it down

t. Candlejack himsel

>tfw Yea Forums made a better "game" than anything Yea Forums has ever churned out
Shoutout to the fag that made KO Mech tho.

>There are idiots ITT that don't know SCP started in /x/
Lurk for a year before posting. It's like the only good thing that came out of the special snowflake board that is /x/.

Seriously. People need to fucking lurk more.

>Yea Forums made Katawa Shoujo (or at least people that were browsing Yea Forums for the longest time)
>SCP by /x/
Also wasnt Risk of Rain made by some Yea Forumsirgins at the dev general at /vg/?

GOD
DAMNIT

Yea Forums made minecraft :)

Risk of Rain, Monolith, and helped with Minecraft.
Honestly wouldn't be surprised if a lot of indie devs lurked Yea Forums often.

Attached: 1525459778681.png (565x541, 157K)

Fuck off Candleja

I've known about SA for over a decade but was never willing to drop $10 on an account. Still occasionally visit though.

It always struck me how mature people are there for a forum that's largely about shitposting. Despite being full of oldschool internet nerds people there are pretty mature. You don't really see people throwing screaming tantrums over opinions on politics and video games like Yea Forums, Reddit, and Tumbler do. At least nowadays. They have actual discussions instead of circlejerks and basic-minded contrarianism.

People there are probably more competent at following through with those kinds of projects desu.

Attached: 1467073731300.jpg (442x650, 96K)

t.b.h --> desu

Happy April fools

Attached: 1421110497555.jpg (800x640, 203K)

Red Letter Media actually came up with Slenderman and he was stolen from them.

Of course.

Isn’t there a plan to make an SCP-3008 game?