Can we have genuine discussion about Epic Store? I don't understand the hatred towards it...

Can we have genuine discussion about Epic Store? I don't understand the hatred towards it. Steam monopoly is finally crumbling down at fast pace, while Epic Store is gaining more popularity and users than in the whole lifespan of Steam. Epic also offering better deal and cut to developers seems great to me. Steam is mostly focused on useless bullshit, while Epic gives you a fantastic sleek and simple platform to play and sell your games with huge cut. They are also working on improving their security and store front with shopping cart and wishlist coming very soon! (Less than 5 months)

Attached: 30ad5e5b14f44605a0e5cb8fa2aeb741.png (434x465, 26K)

Go home Randy

>Can we have genuine discussion about Epic Store?
Apparently not, Ching Chong. Your president looks like Winnie the Pooh, by the way.

Come back when the epic store panders to consumers and not developers. Steam is still not losing.

>can we have a genuine discussion
>proceeds to poison the well

>I don't understand the hatred towards it.
Xi Jinping is using it to watch you jerk off, Chang.
>Epic also offering better deal and cut to developers
I don't give a fuck about what developers get cause I'm not a developer.
>Steam is mostly focused on useless bullshit, while Epic gives you a fantastic sleek and simple platform to play and sell your games with huge cut
Wow, what a great platform that has less features than Steam and steals my data.
The only game Epic has over Steam is Fortnite and that game's for retarded streamers and the stupid kids who watch them. Go die on an escalator already in your God-forsaken country.

Attached: epic steam user data.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

Agreed. I've fully dumped Steam and gone all for the EGS. Fuck Valve

Its really baffling that anyone even defends the epic store. The infrastructure they have is not near as robust as steam's. You get almost no features, few sales, no humble bundle, no trading cards, workshop, communities, etc. And then they come out and say shit like this. Literally the only reason I can fathom someone defending this tripe is that they're chink bootlickers.na

>Cloud saves
>Servers
>Linux/MacOS support
>Offline play
>Built-in controller support
>VR support
>Free networking socket library for devs to use
Cloud saves, wishlist, refunds, gifting, reviews, mod support
a shopping cart

>not a new IP

Reminder that Epic does not care about you

Attached: Epic Consume.jpg (1080x928, 149K)

>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers
>NIGGERS
niggers

Attached: 1553985177614.jpg (333x283, 18K)

Why are people responding to this falseflagger?

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-111128_Firefox.jpg (1071x630, 193K)

boredom mostly

>lightweight
lol

Attached: Launcher memory.png (1127x955, 149K)

>Can we have genuine discussion about Epic Store?

Attached: 1409251112247.gif (200x182, 1.45M)

>Epicshills call steam bloatware but somehow Epic requires more memory with less features

Attached: mqhOEVb.jpg (300x400, 15K)

>From a gamer's perspective
>gives developers a better deal
kek literally can't come up with a good reason for any gamer to use EGS

Fuck off.

Steam's "monopoly" isn't faggy. These cunts are actively persuing to be one. There isn't competition that's beneficial to buyers because they attempt to be the only vendor selling a particular product.

as much as we know since they arent giving numbers epic didnt have any succesful launch or any increase in popularity, still their money is coming up from fornite and tencent

In all fairness, if you're a ramlet or just dumb enough to run all of those clients at once then you're most likely retarded.

>Its really baffling that anyone even defends the epic store.
Nobody is actually defending it. It's obvious falseflagging.

00110001 00111001 00111000 00111001 00100000 01010100 01101001 01100001 01101110 01100001 01101110 01101101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01010011 01110001 01110101 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100001 01110011 01110011 01100001 01100011 01110010 01100101 00100000 01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01000011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100001

01000010 01000001 01010011 01000101 01000100

I don't even play on PC, but if you haven't been able to pick up the reasoning by this point, you're retarded. The only other possibility is that you DO understand the hate, but want free (you)'s.

Nice copypasta, but I’m also starting to believe all this talk of chinks is hurting the cause when there’s plenty of legitimate reasons to not like what epic is doing for consumers outside of racial stuff.

REMEMBER TO DO YOUR PART IN THE FIGHT AGAINST THE SOULLESS CHINESE WHO CONSTANTLY SHILL THE EPIC GAME STORE ON Yea Forums! SAGE THESE THREADS ON SIGHT AND TRIGGER THEIR GOVERNMENT CENSORSHIP WITH KEYWORDS AND PHRASES!

>PRESIDENT XI JINPING LOOKS LIKE WINNIE THE POOH!
>TAIWAN IS A SOVEREIGN STATE!
>THE 1989 TIANANMEN SQUARE MASSACRE WAS COVERED UP BY THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT

Attached: 53fbc5d967e3d.image.jpg (1200x766, 122K)

>fantastic sleek and simple platform
>epic
are you sure about that?

Attached: 0a2.jpg (349x379, 110K)

The GOG launcher can be reduced to 0MB RAM usage since it's not required for any game.

It is simple. So simple they don't even have a shopping cart.

fuck off post dinos

OP you're right but the majority won't listen. They are too blinded by mob mentality and their steam collection they've accumulated. Most will hold this anger until they are dying bitter old men and there's no convincing them otherwise no matter how much Epic improves.

00110001 00111001 00111000 00111001 00100000 01010100 01101001 01100001 01101110 01100001 01101110 01101101 01100101 01101110 00100000 01010011 01110001 01110101 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01001101 01100001 01110011 01110011 01100001 01100011 01110010 01100101 00100000 01000110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01000011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100001

I'm not using a client which hides player numbers

Attached: !222 (6).jpg (3500x1562, 144K)

CDPR, which more than pretty much every other video game developer/publisher had a vested interest in digital exclusivity, still released Witcher 3 on Steam.

this

how dare consumers be mad about something that negatively affects them

Can we have genuine discussion about Epic Store?
*moneyhats your games*
I don't understand the hatred towards it
*blocks 99% of legitimate third party stores*
Steam monopoly is finally crumbling down at fast pace
*has no idea what this word means lol*
while Epic Store is gaining more popularity and users than in the whole lifespan of Steam.
*i just be making it up as i go along*
Epic also offering better deal and cut to developers seems great to me.
*ignores that fact this isn't sustainable*
Steam is mostly focused on useless bullshit
*you can filter this shit out*
while Epic gives you a fantastic sleek and simple platform to play and sell your games with huge cut
*client eats more ram than everyone else's*
They are also working on improving their security
*sends you another 20 emails because your account is compromised again*
and store front with shopping cart and wishlist coming very soon! (Less than 5 months)
*billion dollar company takes this long to make a basic ass client*

I'm conflicted.
I used to really like epic games because unreal engine is available for free. I've used it for quite a bit for architectural visualization and there's some neat stuff on the market place. They've also developed datasmith to make it even easier for visualization industry. So they're quite innovative in that regard and pretty user friendly.
But then they do this store, which is fine I guess, since others have done it before them. But paying off devs for exclusivity is console tier bullshit and I don't like it. Then again this is already common in the gaming industry as a whole, just not that widespread on PC.
But making a store with no features when there is a perfect store (steam) you could copy is fucking retarded and idk what they were thinking. And of course the data mining is complete shit and I'm kinda glad I made the switch from Unreal Engine to a traditional 3dsmax + vray pipeline so I could get rid of epic games launcher.

That should say "publishers" instead of "developers."

>seething valve drone thinks yelling into the void of the internet with impotent rage will stop the chinamen from getting more exclusives
like pottery

Attached: !222 (4).png (836x983, 570K)

Pc store exclusivws are cancer

This store is literally spyware

DO NOT USE IT

Fuck off you fucking chink shill.
Valve built their userbase by providing the best service. No third party has ever been forced to use Steam.
Epic have an objectively trash platform that only exists because of exclusives. Nobody is going to use Epic store as their primary store for content, they'll only buy shit that's exclusive.
If Epic wanted to be competitive, they should pass the 18% extra cut directly to the customer by discounting games. But they're greedy chinks, and their software is 100% spyware.

Attached: xipoo.jpg (960x540, 73K)

Attached: 1553757965428.jpg (958x821, 134K)

>implying I use any of those

The Epic store is basically Nintendo. Nobody uses Nintendo as a primary gaming platform, they just own one for the first party exclusives.

Epic store is missing features that are pretty important for a store, like a cart. Other than that, so long as it avoids the same bullshit that steam fell into like user profiles, streaming, music (lmao) movies, all that garbage, it'll be a better storefront than steam in no time.
people are just mad they don't have everything on one platform.
>muh data!
everyone does the same scraping.

Implying i use social media

>so long as it avoids the same bullshit that steam fell into like user profiles, streaming, music (lmao) movies, all that garbage, it'll be a better storefront than steam in no time.
>It'll be better if it has less features
??????????????????
Fuck off chink

It has no prepaid cards
It will never be better than steam

Nobody would care if that was the case. Ubisoft did the same thing with Uplay and EA with Origin. People grumbled about having to download another launcher, but the act of exclusively releasing your own games on your own platform isn't actively anti-consumer. As easy as it is to hate on a company like EA, they didn't buy exclusivity from 3rd parties or force exclusivity on anything that wasn't made by them or their subsidiaries. Fuck Epic.

Why is Epic taking this much RAM

>people are just mad they don't have everything on one platform.
yes I am, whats your point?

you act like those are hard to get set up.
features that take away from the fact it's supposed to be a storefront, yes. It doesn't need to be a social networking site, it doesn't need to sell music and movies and streaming, it needs to have games, and a basic friends list. It has both.

>if I shill the epic store hard enough on the autistic anime forum Steam will surely get rekt!
The argument goes both ways retard

Attached: 1524532379121.jpg (750x730, 33K)

All those still provide a better service than Epic.

Okay chong

>features that take away from the fact it's supposed to be a storefront
>take away
????????????????????????
You're actually fucking retarded. Please explain how completely optional features take something away from it being a store.

Refunds that actually work would be a good start but I guess we can't expect that any time soon since they prefer spending money by shilling hard their useless crap on social media.

Valve drones don't care about choice, they didn't care when Valve took choice away by getting rid of physical copies on PC and gave digital distribution a monopoly on PC.
I started pirating because of Steam. EGS would have never even been attempted if Valve were boycotted into bankruptcy after they launched Steam like they should have been

Attached: the only acceptable answer2.png (991x356, 19K)

>I don't understand the hatred towards it
Then you honestly need a bullet in your brain.
>cut to developers seems great to me
>cut to developers seems great to me
Not one customer should give a shit about the developer.

>Steam forced everyone to stop making physical copies
Proof of this?

Just because its popular and iser friendly doesnt make it a monopoly you dunce also most game released on steam are on at least one other store or DRM free

Yeah I guess they're just not spending any money on that shit, you're right, it magically exists and no time or effort or money was spent on it. good job, enjoy your leveling and ERP steam profiles, friend.
refunds are automatic and have been since february though.

you forgot your shit crawling wojack edit pasta poster kun

This site is full of retards. Anything that's the most popular thing for any reason is a "monopoly." I bet these faggots would call Coca-Cola a monopoly.

Steam user profiles are fucking great though, you can see how big of a faggot someone is without having to spend months in an IRC talking to them.

>it magically exists and no time or effort or money was spent on it
Time, effort, and money they could have spent bribing publishers for exclusivity, right?

>Steam monopoly
Don't tip your hand so early, Chang.

'''''''monopoly'''''''

Attached: steamvepic.png (1370x1068, 409K)

The Steam store experience is by far the best in the industry. Name a single digital store that is better than steam for games.
You failed to explain how irrelevant optional features have ANY impact on the store experience.
Why the fuck did you even respond? You just confirmed you're a fucking retard dude. Holy shit.

>discussion

Attached: 187687687687.gif (263x200, 1.43M)

my IP reset and i lost all my likes, can you kind people give me likes please.

Spying

remember to post skeletons to shoo away ebin shills

Good job ubi

>Steambicile status: BTFO

Attached: 1451513958847.jpg (978x972, 248K)

Tienanmen Square status: massacre

Thank you kind user that gave me like, may you have Godly Luck fortune

Your fortune: Better not tell you now

Attached: D3HmWraW4AA_qSC.jpg (800x800, 94K)

>burger
>chink
Yah its eaay to decide

>The Epic store is basically Nintendo

No, they're not. That's the problem. They're not funding, developing, marketing, creating, maintaining a brand, taking investment risk or making new IPs. Nintendo is carried on its internally developed games and brand power, something that comes with large risks just like old SEGA used to. In fact we had some of the greatest gaming years when SEGA and Nintendo were constantly investing into new IPs and their studios were creating the foundations of gaming.

What Epic is doing is just astro turfing other's work to circumvent the consumer in the nation of competition. The money they spend is not going to the benefit but some higher up in the companies pocket. Everytime shit like that happens an industry becomes anti-consumer and loses all respectability of quality.

>Can we have genuine discussion about Epic Store? I don't understand the hatred towards it.
Unironically kill yourself. If Sweeney isn't removed, he's going to make triple digit prices the norm of games. Laugh while you can, it's only a matter of time before he forces this on America too.

Attached: Thanks Epic.jpg (389x351, 51K)

have another like from the skelebros

Bethesda the fuck you smoking my dude.

Attached: doing a big aaaaaaaaas.gif (400x400, 557K)

What the fuck is there to discuss about this, the store is shit, the exclusives are shit, the garbage UI didn't even had a search function until like 2 weeks ago, the optimization is shit, the thing is just blatant bloated spyware that only shitty """trolling""" can defend, they don't defend Epic Store anywhere else except here because they would get rightfully called out and get a bad reputation in their account and their personal vendetta against Steam isn't worth that. This whole "debate" it's such a fucking unfunny joke.

But Nintendo make their own games and invite 3rd parties to put their games on the store. "Nintendo exclusive" 3rd party games like Bayo 2 are entirely funded by Nintendo.

Rolled 3 (1d6)

Let faith decide even yes

>%20 discount and the lightest client
based uplay

>third parties
Be careful, talking about a multiple party system can get you arrested

Attached: cvhgv.png (414x586, 49K)

>tfw Sweeney's 12% strategy is such a drain he needs to charge Europe $20 more for games and Asia $30-$50 more for games

Attached: Epic.jpg (739x856, 173K)

But Epic shills told me that 12% fees to Epic would mean lower cost games for me!

>Why should customers want to use your store
>Because it gives people other than them a better deal!
How fucking lacking in self awareness do you have to be to say something like that?

Read
the
archives.
We
had
this
thread
already.

Welcome
to
Yea Forums
newfag

Nope, enjoy $100 games in 5 years. Epic's games have been slowly getting more and more expensive. I wonder how long he can keep low prices in America, right now the Epic store can only operate in America thanks to massive mark-ups on Europe and Asia prices, plus Fortnite money.

Shut up goy, those publishers need that cut for their investors and shareholders

Its almost like the rules of Supply and Demand don't fucking work when there's infinite supply

Maybe public opinion of your storefront wouldn't be so bad if you stopped fucking spamming about it everywhere, chink shill. Moves like making motions for ports that would have otherwise not existed (Detroit etc even though those are shit games it's still always good to get more ports happening for the consumer) to gain exclusives is a positive movement, making exclusivity deals that rob customers of options that would have otherwise existed (See: bribing devs to grab games primed to arrive on Steam) is not and another large part of painting your poor current PR image.

they are cheap only in america for now, rest of the world get the cut

All you've gotta do is download more ram bro.

PC master race pretty much has their own console war now.

In the same way there's a console war between the PS4 and the Soulja Boy console.

Somewhat, if the Soulja Boy had a shit-ton of money to buy developers off with to BTFO the PS4 leaving them the choice to either REEEEEEE or buy a Soulja.

skellington so you'll see my post
no one cares when i bring up how epicgames doesn't care about
>consumer safety
my account as well as multiple people since 2017 across the web is accessed almost weekly by IPs overseas. thanks to 2 factor authentification they never get in but i can see the ip of who's entering it and it's always an asian country (philippines, indonesia, etc) what does it mean?
>originality
there have been multiple proofs of fortnite stealing designs almost perfectly from artists online. this one is less severe, it is just cringy to see a huge company take a design posted on deviantart 6 years ago and turn it into a fortnite skin without the person's knowledge
>ui
it's just shit you can't argue against me with this

i have issues with steam too so don't call me a steamshill

Or just pirate the games, like every person with a brain does.

desu i dont give a fuck about epic games store i just want bb for pc so i can pirate it and play it.

>my account as well as multiple people since 2017 across the web is accessed almost weekly by IPs overseas
How the fuck does this even happen? I'm genuinely curious. No one has even once attempted to get into my Steam account in the 13 year period I've used it but everyone's Epic accounts are CONSTANTLY targeted.

t. false flagging sony pony

Attached: 1553549193773.jpg (645x729, 69K)

Gabe is getting his ass ripped by Chink cock.

BEGONE CHINK

I wonder how much the Chinese paid the mods to take this down every time it's posted.

Isn't hiroshimoot a chink? He probably makes jannies delete it for free.

>implying i give a shit about what kind of (((deal))) developers get

He's a nip so if anything he should be happy about it.

There are two ways to encourage people to your platform. One is offering a better service than other platforms, the other is bribing people to be exclusive. The latter is anti consumer.

S-s-s-shut up, Steam shill!

Shills like you keep calling Steam a monopoly, when that’s completely false. At least try to bring some factual arguments to the table, you slit eyed bottom feeder.

>assuming I care if my game is on steam or epic
yeah, totally goes both ways, u dumb fuck

Attached: 1553206064846.png (660x421, 350K)

for the developers, it's fine.

for the end user, it sucks, because we're getting less for the same amount of money.

On steam, we get forums, technical support from the developers, the option for refunds if the game doesn't run correctly or we don't like it, steam remote play support, controller support using steam big picture, and VR big-screen support (playing games in VR as if you're at a giant theater). On the Epic games store, we get.... uh.... a search bar i guess.

It's all about the value proposition. Epic can charge a smaller cut because they're offering less in terms of end-user benefits.

Fuck Steam tbqh

>compete with steam by offering worse service

I'm a nep fag from ps4, should I care with this issue?
will this impact me in any how? e.g. like censorship

Attached: 1475180406086.jpg (1920x1080, 373K)

Let's see how long until mods delete and ban this one.

Attached: AwildFaggot has appeared.jpg (600x800, 108K)

It doesnt happen anymore.

No we can't.
kys lmao.

Attached: 1538769514238.jpg (1125x1500, 149K)

It panders to publishers, not developers. 4A got fucked just as much as the players.

*it doesn't happen so blatantly anymore

Ironic shilling is still shilling, user. Fuck Epic, Fuck Tencent, Fuck China, and Fuck Niggers.

Attached: tencent.jpg (1800x1189, 536K)

Based

Nah. Real spyware with internet connection wouldnt store your data on local hard drive. It would just upload it without leaving any traces.

I like the steam monopoly. I like having all my digital games in one place, making it easier to keep track of what I have.

Epic games store is chinese. I do not trust the chinese when it comes to anything digitial.

If a PC game is not on Steam and its something I want to play, I will pirate it. If a multiplayer based game is exclusive to the Epic games store, I will simply never play it.

Attached: 1450660136582-1.jpg (995x720, 89K)

>same thread as yesterday
ok retard

Epic prides itself on not letting bad games into their store. But why?

In Steam, to put up your shitty game, you have to pay $100, which Valve will not refund you unless you make a certain amount of money. This stipulation encourages people to ensure the games they put up can sell, or they'd be simply throwing away $100.

The chinese want to control the gaming industry

I don't give a fuck. I'm a customer.

They just want control.

Buying videogames is even a negative hit on the Chinese Social credit system.

Kiss your social credit score goodbye, chinks!

Attached: 180601RFA-June4.jpg (1000x773, 133K)

Thanks OP, I'm uninstalling it right now!

Attached: lmao.png (613x203, 40K)

based and redpilled

What program is that?

Pretty much, poor guys lost out on a ton of dosh because of that shitty maneuver.

What I'm saying is Sweeny was being really fucking disingenuous when he said he panders to developers because he knows that video game publishers are generally hated by the community, but they are the ones who he's really courting.