What do you want to see in FINAL FANTASY XVI?

What do you want to see in FINAL FANTASY XVI?

Attached: FFXVI.png (1245x921, 1.4M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1112740722883461120?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no VR no buy

RIP FFXIV.

I hope it's FF16, and tries to return to the ATB roots.

The good from XV like party with tons of dialogue and interaction and actually feel like friends, dungeons seamless with overworld and roaming monsters, but chrono trigger combat and more level designed areas rather than just open plains with few points of interest

I don't want to see it.

i just want a game that was actually thought out

>Yoshida
>More XIV shittery
No thanks.

Your fortune: Average Luck

An actual good game.

Pls bring him back for fuck sake

Attached: Itou.png (398x533, 174K)

Turn based combat.

how funny would it be if from the latest 6 numbered releases 3 would be MMOs

this desu👌

all "good" things must come to an end

Attached: goodbye.jpg (900x900, 47K)

I honestly don't care what they do. XV was a mess and KH3, while it was better than XV, still suffered from a lot of glaring problems. Square Enix doesn't have the talent to make AAA games and their management is fucked beyond belief.

Attached: 1552170608313.jpg (1000x563, 110K)

Cutscenes that aren't shit.

a return to more beastial races and maybe even prty members

Attached: 1553803967373.jpg (1012x1350, 660K)

will I finally be able to unsubscribe to his game

Your fortune: Outlook good

>HD

Things were better in SD

SquareEnix STILL haven't been able to make a good mainline FF for the HD era.

kh3 is way worse

But they have. Three times now.

Attached: Regalia.webm (960x544, 2.98M)

>large-scale HD title for next generation
Then they're already a fucking generation behind because it's all about the 4K.

Whatever it is should have a Battle Royale mode

I can't wait for Gex IV

Attached: Gex_the_Gecko Transparent.png (480x621, 171K)

>First final fantasy that lets you choose your character/race
>Can name your character
>can choose factions to join
>can choose your outfit instead of wearing whatever the developers think best fits the blonde water football jock
>after so man years and 14 iterations and Square finally made an actual RPG
>but it's an MMO

Attached: 1553117534425.jpg (800x800, 72K)

elder scrolls VI clones and they'll pretend it's not.

>next generation
who the fuck gives a shit, not going to be out til 2035 judging by their time table

xv is the only good 3d ff

Attached: 0rS2uCo.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

fuck off ____ kun

1.23b was good but everything after it sucked.

>>after so man years and 14 iterations and Square finally made an actual RPG
You mean 11.

Free trial up to level 35 and free base game with Twitch Prime.

Attached: 1504333138803.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

Main character is undead and this affects the gameplay where he has various immunities to status effects but healing items fuck him up.

big brown butts

Attached: brw.jpg (1526x2048, 257K)

Attached: 1549493671730.gif (460x258, 1.25M)

Yoko Taro directing

cope

Attached: N7vqkJC.png (1920x1080, 3.18M)

How does this even make sense?

This.

Final Fantasy XVI: Pharaohs on Motorcycles.

You'd be surprised how much sense it does make.

Attached: 1504333138802.jpg (2480x1240, 955K)

magitek

IT'S THE CRYSTAL CHRONICLES SEQUEL
FOR REAL THIS TIME

sure, barry.

Attached: 1548525427103.png (983x738, 215K)

Why to never bother with Final Fanservice XIV in a nutshell.

What if they make a game that isn't Final Fantasy?

An actual game

You have my attention.

Attached: 1532036863544.png (554x460, 291K)

cope kh fag

Attached: 1551618299421.jpg (3266x2180, 2.59M)

Gex IV or riot.

Final Fantasy. I mean just final fantasy, you know the game with White and Black mages. I don't know, I'm fine with some technology, but it's basically been turned into some weirdass pop thing with ramen and bag advertisements.
Octopath made me happy about turn based combat not being ignored, but I just hope that for the next entry they at least try to innovate to make things better, not to simply change the formula.

No it isnt

it is

Attached: kh3 and xv doing nothing comparison.webm (640x720, 2.98M)

i don't need to cope. kino hearts is a goty contender, xv is a "worst game ever made" contender.

Attached: ffxv in a nutshell.webm (1280x720, 1.88M)

I couldn't care less what this creatively bankrupt franchise shits out

A full game based on that Agni's Philosophy short

I love the juxtaposition of fantasy with modernity

You clearly are, also why are you posting a webm of a retard that doesn't know how to take off the car properly?
KH3 is the worst SE game ever made while XV is the best.

Attached: kh3 camera 2.webm (1280x720, 2.22M)

not final fantasy
let the series die, clearly they've lost their mojo

>divert budget from FFXIV to fund other projects for most of it's lifespan
>now it's getting replaced like FFXI
Oh no no no...

I haven't bought a squeenix published game since nier automata and I probably won't buy another. Fuck them for never fixing the issues the PC port has and fuck them for releasing the goty edition without even an option for original owners to upgrade.

xiv money funded xiv

A man who is coping the hardest telling others to cope. Sweet irony.

Attached: 1554053233643.gif (500x516, 152K)

>kh is a goty contender
LOL. FFXV might have sucked but KH3 already got BTFO by REmake 2, Sekiro, DMCV and probably a few i've forgotten as well.

Nothing. After X-2, XII, XIII, and XV, I don't care what's in the game, I'm not buying it for more than 20 bucks, and will only do that if reviews are saying shit like, "Game of the Generation." The fact that there hasn't been an even remotely good FF in like 18 years really says a lot about the franchise.

Yikes

Well-balanced ATB combat with full control over the entire party
The Main Job/Support Job system from XI
A good main villain, and a central plot that involves all the main party members in some way
A world map in the vein of something like DQVIII or XI that is worth exploring
Good sidequests and optional activities. Hunts are fine but there needs to be more than just that
A multiplayer mode that lets you make your own character and explore the world and do sidequests and dungeons with others (or play offline and explore freely with a party of custom created characters)

I don't any of this is unrealistic. If the game was built from the ground up with these goals in mind it seems perfectly doable.

says the coper
even this dino is better than kh3

Attached: kh3 camera 1.webm (1280x720, 2.4M)

>zoomers never played FFXI

/ss/🖤

MUSASHI FIERCE SHOGUN

I expect it to be the actual final game. Last good game was IX

I really don't understand how you morons continue to argue with a broken record. Honestly.

Attached: 6a0120a66c8606970b0133f46675a8970b-800wi.jpg (400x287, 29K)

bigger tits

you keep defending kh is the actual sad thing

Neither of those fix its awful combat that's even farther from FF than II.

>IX
>good
It was the best of the PSX era but still shit compared to 4 or 6

Reminder that Yoshida is the guy who insisted on bringing back the Final Fantasy to FFXIV, who gave us classic FF jobs in the era of leather-wearing boy bands, who always tried doing new cool shit with his game even when said game relies on the broken piece of shit engine that was handed to him, and who got Soken to do the soundtrack for his game and allowed him complete creative freedom instead of breathing down his neck because he's not a completely out of touch exec
He gets a lot of (mostly undeserved) flack for some of FF14's shortcomings, but honestly he's the only guy left at SE I'd trust to make an actually good mainline FF

Attached: 1552211680555.jpg (313x323, 37K)

you mean the FF theme park not an actual FF

Yoshi is a hack that cloned WoW to revive a failing MMO

No wonder Shadowniggers feels so shit
>Shoestring budget
>Director has to manage two games at once

The literal video of nomura commiting suicide and apologizing to everybody

the new game has been in development for 3 years

even moreso now that hamaguchi became co-director on ff7r aka the real person in charge of it

Attached: 1554108813091.jpg (985x529, 138K)

It is a crossover puzzle platformer game where your party consists of Princess Yoyo, Princess Alicia, and Riona.

I haven't played since Heavensward. Is there any lateral progression or customization within the Jobs yet? Or is it still just an endless gear treadmill?

God I miss XI

>hurr durr the FF mmo plays like a mmo

Attached: 1547284305789.jpg (268x306, 17K)

>gave us classic FF jobs in the era of leather-wearing boy bands
I fondly remember that time back when it was called FFXI.

These.

A good game.

Cope

I just want to see them back with proper classes and a huge world map

its literally the same shitty gear progression with a worse story

you can literally do almost nothing in the newest dungeon and the game beats it for you

im saying its a ff theme park with no integrity or identity of its own, not a real ff

This

less machines and more fantasy

Attached: yoshiblood.png (843x1024, 2.28M)

I'd be pretty hopeful knowing yoshi p was directing it. I feel like he'd make a nice classic FF style game. He doesn't seem so over the top or crazy with his games art direction, which i feel is one of the biggest downfalls of recent FF games. The worlds are too complex and high fantasy. Something like FF9 or 6 with modern graphics would be amazing.

you mean diablo 4

Think they'll ever make 1.23 playable again, even as a 1-2 month "Try it while it's hot" experiment?

What if the cast were all machines, but could use magic and there were mechanical dragons and asshole octopus and such?

yeah and that time was 2002, what's your point?

14 literally has mechs and motorcycles and trains and shit

Crossover with KH, Final Kingdom: Fantasy Hearts. The whole game is about how bad XV and KH3 were.

I unsubbed and decided to play ESO.

They should do something crazy. Like a final fantasy rpg with tap timing ddr gameplay.

So did the older Final Fantasy games.

so does FF6
FF9 had trains, industrial towns and spaceships

no kh deserves to stay in the trash
and xv is pure kino

Attached: 9yYn1aq.png (1920x1080, 2.46M)

>kh
>crossover with final fantasy
It already is you fucking retard

A video game

yeah that's my point, 14 isn't any more tech focussed than even 15 is

And FF1 has time travel, talking robots, killer mechs, and a space station. The main character of FF4 is from a species born on the moon, and FF9 is largely about an invasion from an alien planet. Sci-fi elements have always been part of the series. When people say they want a "fantasy" FF game again, they're almost always talking about the aesthetics, not the actual tech level of the setting.

>KH3
>Crossover with FF

Attached: 1542110565390.jpg (259x194, 9K)

I want a team full of sexy baras, not twinks. All the females should be bunnies.

Thoughts on the FF16 based on the confirmed Leaks Yea Forums? This came from the same person who accurately stated that FFXV was being retooled into Versus 15, which is what Verum Rex was teasing

>winds up being better in XIV than in XV
lel

You don't even know if this guy is that guy, who do you think i am do you have my post history? Want to guess how many posts i made in this thread? Why would you assume that you're responding to the same guy and not some random guy who lodged himself in the convo?
I see this everywhere, do none of you understand how to have an anonymous discussion?

the aesthetic never went though
like lockes in ff6 actual items of clothing are the same thing noctis is wearing by default too
shortsleeve jacket, tshirt, combat boots, glove

Attached: Aranea_and_Verstael (1).png (776x423, 470K)

There is no versus xv, that's fake made up by that retarded larper zeal who constantly pretends to be a SE dev and always posts his fake "leaks" on Yea Forums so he can pretend his bullshit is real

It's not

Attached: XVPS4_28.webm (960x540, 2.83M)

uh they already showed a teaser of FF16 on Japanese TV

Attached: Pop Team FFXV.jpg (1920x1080, 384K)

based
twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1112740722883461120?s=19

Thank you for posting 98% of the game.

Samefag.❌

Science fiction elements
Fun gameplay
An actually finished game
A good cast of characters
Hopefully good music

If something like versus XV does get made what would they do with the original lore? Would it go back to Fabula Nova Crystallis or retool the new XV lore?

Attached: Fabula Nova Crystallis.jpg (1600x900, 116K)

Ok nomura you can go back to not working

>Business Division 5
>3rd Development Division
Those gooks and their clever names.

New system of battle. QTS only.

After the dumpster fires that were XIV and XV, we need Yoko Taro or whoever did DQXI.

Attached: 9Skyrim.jpg (2696x4044, 817K)

>new setting influenced by spira, ivalice, and gaia
>some evolved form of XII's combat with gambits not allowed for the currently controlled character. No QTE's
>job based system with branching skill trees (not an illusion of choice like the sphere grid/licensce board, but actual skill trees with only enough points to fully max one tree and go half into another)
>dungeons. A fuckton of dungeons.
>towns
>sailing and flying, no fast travel until after story completion
>true ensemble cast, no "main" protag
>all equipment reflected in appearance
>world roughly 5-7x the size of XV
>equipment cannot be bought, only found/rewarded from quests/crafted
>steal dqXI's crafting
>make summons great again

Theres more but I think everything else is too specific to the things I like and other people wouldnt like them as much (i'm a huge fan of the weapon/ability system from IX, for example)

Nice to see they've found the next scapegoat for Nomura. Wonder how long this guy will stick with it before he quits like Tabata.

How about they stop funneling funds into their failed FF series and focus on Deus Ex and the other stuff they own?

>likes go up by exactly 2 everytime
>from the ban evading mobile poster
xv-kun you need to stop

I played XV on release. I mostly liked it, hated the last 3rd though.

Is it worth replaying with the royal pack dlc(as I understand that includes all the dlcs released so far?) How significantly has it changed since launch?

I want it to not be a huge bloated mess that gets stuck in development hell for a decade before Square cuts their losses and hurriedly pushes it out

And for the love of god bring back the whimsy. Enough with the modern day and sci-fi bullshit, bring back the fun, the FANTASY. I think that's one of the reasons people still stick to KH, because it's inherently a colorful and memorable franchise

i like both ffxv and kh3, what now faggots

A like a lot of that except not having a central protagonist.

That main character archetype is a big part of what made FF successful.

Decent but short sidestories for the 3 friends, but combat in the main game is still crap (though now you can switch between any of the characters but only in battle).

Final dungeon is a tad longer. And that's it. Not really worth it IMO.

Sci fi can work really well though, FF7 proved that.

I'd really be down to fight aliens and robots again, as well as traditional monsters.

Otherwise I'd just go play Dragon Quest.

Jesus, Day 1 FFXV is fucking terrible, if you liked that than Royal edition is basically the same thing but with actual features that should've been included day 1.

That's actually a lot of people. Only one guy screeches at KH and other series. He's also gone from sucking off Tabata to sucking off the new co-director of VIIR.

Attached: 1494603098879.jpg (600x964, 148K)

I want them to fucking finish the projects they start
I've had less and less hype for FF7 Remake everytime something gets said about it but holy fuck finish the damn game already
Remakes of PS2 era games like Shadow of the Colossus get finished in the meanwhile and turn out just fine
>but its a hugggeee game
No its fucking not, its decent size yes but the game is 20 years old, back then it was still a grand experience and it can be now at the same scale with visual and QOL improvement but no, they are Squareing it up again, i love many things this company does and has done but boy do they do some fucking stupid shit

cancellation♨️

Less of a focus on graphics and a return to turn based combat so they can start making final fantasy more frequently than one game a decade (that ends up sucking anyway)

>tons of dialogue and interaction and actually feel like friends
It didn't have that though. Every. Single. Time you get on a chocobo you get the same WOO CHOCOBOS line. I have no idea why they don't write like 500 random lines for the characters to say. Would it really be that expensive to have voiced? Every game is terrible about this btw.

Nobody gives a shit, let them burn

Attached: Square Enix Collapse Soon.png (1964x1107, 2.17M)

No, that will never happen. All that's left are memories.

Attached: FFXIV_1329360729.jpg (1680x1050, 759K)

I can't bring myself to dislike Quiet Man. Maybe because it's too experimental and I'd feel bad for being too harsh on it.🙁

What the fuck is wrong with SquareEnix? They've been in the shitter for how fucking long now? Only a handful of what they release is barely worth it.

The biggest problem with XII was Vaan.
The biggest problem with XIII was Lightning.
The greatest strength of XV was the power of friendship
I agree that a central character is usually important, but I'd just really like to see what they could do with say, 4-6 characters who where all equally important to the plot. Ideally each would get specifically focused on for segments of the story before coming together. I'd like to see a FF that drew inspiration from Arturian legend, something like the knights of the round table except Arthur is missing. Obviously not anything close to a direct adaptation but something like
>6 playable characters
>They are all in service to some kind of leader or monarch
>something or other takes the monarch out of the picture
>the PC's are all out in various corners of the world when this happens on varying missions, or perhaps all seeking the same thing in different places
>each has their own 8+hr story
>can play these in any order
>they have to hire sellswords/mercenaries of some sort to fill out their own parties, these characters have personalities and dialogue but are mostly side characters, think valkyria chronicles
>last 20hrs of game all 6 MC's come together to put together the pieces they all found and fight the big bad
>some form of substantial endgame content after where you can either use all 6 MC's or whatever mercs you want.

Is SaGa any good?

Not according to the series creator.

Then Arthur turns out to be the villain and when you beat him, a weird primordial god of evil appears as the sudden final boss.

I think most of my enjoyment came from hype and the fact that I spent $60 for it on release day. Objectively speaking i wouldve rated it 6.5/10-feels unfinished, combat didnt feel like a final fantasy game and was far too easy.

I also really liked XIII's combat system though so maybe I'm just a contrarion.

They have been pozzed by Chinese investors, look it up. The chinks said they wanted to buy them out and they have been working hard to halt the invasion by cooperating with them, in their favour so the don't buy out their stock.

>You can't lose the final boss fight because everyone gets re-raise
>You can't win the final boss fight unless at least one character has an ultimate weapon and can break the 9,999 damage limit because the boss heals for 9,999x3 every turn
>this actually already happened and I'm still mad.

God of War did a pretty good job with Kratos and Memer (+boy).

>Active Time Battle
>Elements that are appropriate for something with Fantasy in the title.
>Some kind of Non-human party member.
>At least 3 female party members.
>Good memorable music
>A fairly linear focus and in the 2nd half a focus on exploration and a litany of optional side-quests.
>Enjoyable minigames
>Some kind of art style instead of offputting hyper-realistic looking JPOP idols
>Nothing that has anything to do with Fabula Nova Crystallis
>A main character that isn't a Naruto or a Sasuke.
>A satisfying enemy death sound effect

Attached: Mahjong Fantasia 3 175b.png (1920x1080, 71K)

Attached: The Tencent-Square Enix’s alliance could lead to original games.png (1193x1398, 949K)

What if the main character is a Sakura?

I like all of that but save the exploration and sidequests for the endgame. Put some of it in the main story but honestly I prefer some linearity (not hallways, just structure) in the stories of my JRPGs, I like to save the extra shit for after I've completed the story.

FFXIV doesn't play like an mmo tho
Neither does wow

So octopath traveler

This with a world map, minigames, quests, good combat and focus on exploration.

Maybe, never played it. I was more basing it on the structure of IX's opening but more drawn out.

>16/2
>8
graphicaly like FF8 but on HD
world traveling/space
junction
weapon crafting
materia system (like some attribute gems on weapons/armor or someshit)
ATB
card game, with region rules
bigger world
GF system was nice with custom commands

If Square Enix doesn't go back to their roots (strong stories, turn based attacks, interesting settings) then they might as well just put the themselves out of their misery now.

>whoever did DQXI
you want another brap ost?