Have you taken the indie pill yet user?

Have you taken the indie pill yet user?

Surely you aren't a pleb who only plays AAA games?

Attached: i.jpg (900x900, 285K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CVMGUjREdg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 3x3.png (900x900, 383K)

cringed and seethingpilled

Attached: muhOC.jpg (1041x832, 145K)

>indie games
yikes

Attached: Indie shit.png (1382x536, 9K)

I'm assuming you're being a big goober on purpose, but for the record, N+ is the shit, and if you don't think so, you can fuck off

Attached: 1469178920466.gif (488x288, 272K)

top should be you fuck up several times

Attached: buddyxbuddy.jpg (3264x3264, 567K)

Hotline Miami 2 is a fucking disgrace.

Autism

Attached: games.png (900x900, 908K)

a real platformer is dustforce
IT'S FUCKING PERFECT
youtube.com/watch?v=1CVMGUjREdg

Losing a life sets you back to the last checkpoint, losing a continue sets you to the start of the level/world and no continues restarts the whole game. That is how it should be, games can have unlimited continues though.

most platformers have some for of life bar though

True, and it represents how many mistakes can be made per level without losing a life. Its a really elegant system that indie developers largely refuse to embrace.

I prefer Terraria

Attached: 1507704503714.jpg (749x497, 147K)

>Indie platformer is harder, so it's justifiably less punishing
>"real" platformers are way easier, even the NES ones, so the harsher penalty isn't as punishing.

>hard
>no punishment for mistakes
Pick one and only one.

Being more punishing doesn't mean being more difficult.

There can be no difficulty without punishment for failure.

The punishment is being forced to retry the section. The sections are shorter, but far, far more difficult to make up for it.

I sure am having fun playing the 5 minute long first level of Super Contra for the 10th time in order to gain 3 attempts at a level 30 minutes away

The punishment is not sufficient enough to provide an actual challenge. This whole design is made to feel hard, but not actually be hard. The level may take many tries but there's usually only one solution and the game is only expecting you to preform well for less than a minute. Contrast that with a real platformer that expects the player to complete a 40 minute to hour long game with only a set number of mistakes.

My 3x3 is the best and these heads prove itCoin Flip: Tails

Attached: Mosaic 3x3.jpg (900x900, 367K)

You should, I just recently played through that game and had a fun time doing exactly that.

3/4
fuck spelunky

>mario kart wii

absolutely based and redpilled

Attached: 1538924716167.png (800x449, 558K)

3/4 +Spelunk, N++, GW3. ~Nex.
Honestly didn't like all the voxel density clogging up the screen. Only 3 trophies away from a plat on GW3. 2 for co-op and 1 million geom total bullshit grind. Got the 3 star adventure mode one yesterday. The final boss took me a few hours.

Attached: vgaem.jpg (1213x1337, 1.14M)