Borderlands 3 Epic Store Exclusive

twitter.com/Wario64/status/1112771380813025280

Honestly? I'm okay with this. Steam needs competition and I couldn't think of anything that would drive normies to EGS than BL3 - plus I don't like the series anyway.

>I have to use free launcher B instead of free launcher A??

>NOOOOO

Just shut up and get a real complaint.

Attached: bl3.jpg (605x601, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcharts.com/app/49520
arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/2/
tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html
gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program
youtube.com/watch?v=My2ByuvhNxM
boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1449327471120.jpg/
reuters.com/article/us-take-two-grand-theft-auto/u-s-judge-blocks-programs-letting-grand-theft-auto-players-cheat-idUSKBN1L12NS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

From Randy a few hours ago

Attached: bl3 randy.jpg (722x899, 168K)

unironically what could we do to stop this? 2K will surely do SOMETHING if we kick up enough of a fuss.

I will use the CPY store
FUCK CHINA
FUCK TENCENT
FUCK EPIC
FUCK RANDY PITCHFORD
AND FUCK GEARBOX

Attached: 1539555488628.jpg (720x599, 29K)

USE MY STORE

Attached: inde2345x.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>FUCK GEARBOX AND NU-BORDLERLANDS
>NOOO CHANG PLEASE RETURN MY GAME
Stay contrarian

It's always the same story.

>He actually believes this
Please, they already got Epic's paycheck. Nothing will change. Just wait 6 months, according to Randy, and buy it in the actual platform that's consumer friendly.

Attached: 1484641056hj.jpg (598x451, 76K)

I don't care about BL, but isn't Xcom and Civ published by T2? Could they be exclusive in the future?

FUCK steam
FUCK epic
FUCK GOG
I take the third position, the CPY store

A quick question: can I buy games off of the Epic store, without ever once touching the client? i don't want to download even one byte of data from them, as I do not trust them on my computer. DRM is objectively always bad, and platforms like steam are not exempt, Epic even less so. Tell me why I should tolerate this without being a bootlicking retard shill.

Attached: 113.gif (274x249, 214K)

absolutely based and Tim Pilled.
Queue the fox and the grapes.

>steam shills and fanboys
You better make more bullshit spyware myth to defend your beloved company monopoly.

Attached: 1449327471120.jpg (978x972, 182K)

>Just shut up and let us take away your freedom of choice gwai lo.

>Have to download Steam to download your games

Why is this okay?

cause only pluing GoG games would be shit? just sniff packets if you are tinfoily inclined and make a pf sense box so you can control what comes in and out.

>theres nothing wrong with pc multiplatform goy just buy our game

wonder if bl3 will have loyalty rewards like they did with tps and bl2 for playing previous games.

Its gona be hard to implement unless it checks through shift now. I know I was not able to get any gear from tales of the borderlands onto my copy of tps on steam because my tales of copy was from twitch.

why the fuck did twitch ever try doing a store? I dont think anyone at all has bought anything from it and only get the free games

it's not a big deal desu, it'll be exclusive to the Epic store for like 6 months and then be on Steam, just wait 6 months you nerds

Suck it hard Randy.

amazon prime benefits. I dont think they are trying to sell shit per say.

If Epic is dealing with Take-Two there's a 100% chance RDR2 will exclusively be there.

>literally said "steam is not exempt"

Nice try asshole.

>you don't like suspicious programs accessing your data? lol tinfoil!
>GOG is evil because DRM is necessary

You on the other hand didn't even try.

>B...b...but I never had friends to play with anyway
absolutely sad argument to make valveshills.

Tiananmen Square Massacre of 1986.
Tiawan is an independent country and the real China
Winnie the Pooh

So how big is Epic's paycheck for 2K where they even considered putting it into Epic's store rather than Steam when the later has a bigger userbase? 5-10 million?

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: epic chad cuckold steam.png (1024x576, 572K)

>lmao Epic is just taking the shit games that Steam doesnt care about
>NO NO NO MY BORDERLANDS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Pcbros need to be hung already

you can look what what is actually being sent back and forth. instead of reading random shitposts and spreading misinfo further (Nvidia drivers/Geforce experiance is what you should really be tinfoiling about). That being said, I never said GoG is evil. I love GoG. But I am not going to limit myself to their small library just cause you dont like the reality of DRM being necessary.

at least 2 million, i want to say 5 mil since outerworlds and bl3 is on there

would have done it for free probably. They just know a sinking ship when they see one.

>19 IPs
>30 replies

Does anyone even cares about Borderlands? They are boring as fuck even when playing with friends

2K are so fucking rich and epic has unlimited money from the chinese government. I would guess 100 million

>Defending chink megacorp

Gamers rise up!

Attached: 1554160400017.png (1572x1316, 1.73M)

epic's audience love skinnerbox simulators, i don't get why anyone's surprised by this move. memelands fits there like a glove.

we can read user. What is your point?

>2 million
>for one of the biggest IPs
Nah.

>and epic has unlimited money from Fortnite and UE4 engine royalties

Fixed - Epic actually earns their money unlike Steam/Valve

>you can look what what is actually being sent back and forth.
I already do look. It is accessing information without my permission.

>b-but steam
I said steam is just as bad. You will not derail the discussion.

>GOG is bad because DRM is necessary
See, and you keep saying things like this and expecting me to blindly support Epic as a result. DRM is NOT necessary, that is just a lie you swallowed like a good goyim, all because you put profit before customer rights. You've been on this crusade for several months, and I am sick of it you maggot. I'm done playing nice.

I was on the fence about buying vs pirating, BL games blow. So that's a pirate from me now.

>people shitting on phoenix point and praised nuxcom
>they do the same
it'll be real delicious

Don't worry, Epic is covering the bill for your pirated game

are you illeterate or just retarded?

based china-daddy giving me all the exclusives for just a little datamining for the glory of poohbear. I love it!

steamkeks

>People spend all their time complaining about store exclusivity deals
>Import the strategy to the online marketplace
>A bunch of people champion the choice to own the gamers
Fuck this shit

Mr. "games have to have DRM because customers are evil and entitled" is calling others retarded. hmmmmm

Epic has bought me a lot of games lately.
No idea what they hope to gain by giving us free games and paying the publishers for us.

>want to support American company
>forced to support Chinese

>BORDERLANDS IS SHIT
>BUT IM GONNA PIRATE IT

I wish Yea Forums make up its mind

elaborate on the epic spyware

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

See I already have two issues with this
A. Randy is a compulsive liar so I can't trust a fucking word from his mouth
B. He spent fucking time hanging out with Epic's higher ups at PAX, so the idea that there isn't already talks between them to make a deal with 2K for it seems unlikely

Attached: 1546320489842.png (640x482, 353K)

Scans and copies files from your steam directory without permission

>19 people out of a group of 833

Good job retard👌

Doesn't scan your computer anymore than VAC does, Steam drone

Attached: kern 2.png (2050x1004, 130K)

BL sucks, who cares?

>Games have good qualities to them
>Overall are a boring slog with stupid design issues
>First new title in several years
Maybe some people, like myself, were curious if they could make the games fun.

Turning your computer into a spyware machine which they use to sell the information to the Chinese.

Doesn't matter, MW2 was a huge hit on Steam and changed the course of COD games on PC

>Steam gives an APK to gather information
>Epic just skips past it and takes shit their own way

I don't have the Epic store on my computer.

Nice, day1 pirate

So why does the Epic Game Store scan your Steam files and save portions of it to your Epic Game Store files upon booting the damned thing?

What a successful boycott!

>and changed the course of COD games on PC

COD's performance on PC was fucking irrelevant compared to how it did on consoles. The seventh gen was entirely about consoles

>Steam gives an APK to gather information
maybe because they not have phones

I guess I'll take to the high seas.

Attached: yarr.jpg (83x125, 2K)

How much does Epic pay you Mark?

Attached: 1554156967941.webm (1259x992, 1.85M)

Just play Destiny 1 or 2 for your answer

BASED

FUCK STEAM

Attached: 1518626369909.jpg (804x804, 100K)

>Yea Forums still makes this cringe post in 2019

Attached: epic store btfo.jpg (1012x678, 151K)

look at my skelly you yellow monkeys

1 like = 1 tiananmen

Attached: xi.jpg (200x121, 5K)

stay delusional piratefag

Imagine wanting to play Borderlands enough to even bother pirating it

meanwhile in Steam...

Attached: Untitled.jpg (951x489, 172K)

>REEE WHY NOT STEAM ONLY
>WE, THE FANS ARE GOING TO BOYCOTT THIS GAME!
>SAY NO TO EPIC
>game sells millions of copies anyway
Gamers sure do love sending mixed messages

Attached: 66D06249-C9F7-4A2C-814E-8EEB4D1899D0-2858-000007510E924950.gif (300x290, 1.74M)

Borderlands 3 is shit and Randy was probably in Pen Jillette's bathroom eating his shit.

Like, comment, and subscribe.

have sex

Hold up... are you saying... We aren't dealing with a hivemind that only has ONE and only ONE opinion?
Are you saying people have different opinions regarding a topic?
You're fucking stupid bro. I'm giving you a pity like.

>the absolute state of Steamcels

Intellectual property infringement isn't a felony retard.

>It also isn't theft.

Attached: read-a-book.jpg (566x480, 35K)

Where's Randy's wife at? I have a cow fetish.

Why give him a like at all unless you know he's secretly right lmao

>caring about Randy Pitchford's games after he embezzled Sega's money to fund BL2.
I don't care if he's pushing his own store front. Fuck the bastard. Not the first time he took chink money.

Attached: 1343267702946.jpg (800x596, 124K)

Literally you.

Attached: incel.jpg (1670x1670, 220K)

>check out my epic Twitter screen cap

Attached: 1546877674030.gif (1221x1007, 142K)

>>game sells millions of copies anyway

So why haven't we gotten actual Metro Exodus sales numbers if they're so great?

>game sells millions
when did this happen

I agree with you, but retards, the normies as I described in the OP, probably didn't know about it or have already forgiven Gearbox for Colonial Marines.

Gamer retards (the same kind who bought Anthem) want to play BL3

>Caring about the like system that will go away tomorrow
You're also pretty fucking stupid. Have another pity like AND this pie

Attached: pranked.gif (607x609, 514K)

Personally I'd purchase it anywhere except Epic. It could release exclusively on Origin or uPlay and I'd buy it. I can't support Epic they don't care about their consumers in the slightest to the point of telling us they have absolutely no interest in providing us with anything. Even the absolute jews of EA at least claim to like their customers and can on occasion provide good things for customers. Epic doesn't even try, they only advertise their platform to businesses, it isn't a consumer product so I see no point in using it.

I don't care if it's releasing on the Epic store, is it EXCLUSIVE to the Epic store? That's all that matters.

The dev tweet pre-reveal seemed to hint that it wasn't exclusive.

metro exodus

>>game sells millions
>when did this happen

Previous Borderlands games that were exclusive to Steam

it is actually 19, out of the 32 online on the first page PLAYING IT. So we can extrapolate that way over 50% ownership. and that is just of the group retarded enough to boycott.

metro exodus

>It could release exclusively on Origin or uPlay and I'd buy it.

Those have even less features than Epic Store - what a retarded Steam drone thing to say

Attached: epics road map.jpg (1646x917, 78K)

Day 366

it'll be because of the console market, not EGS

This shit sure did a good job of revealing the actual shitters on this board. Easy bans, imo.

Steam needs competition but from a platform that has at least basic needs down, like a storefront that doesnt make my eyes bleed and a fucking wishlist feature.

Id legit rather use GoGs fuckin platform than Epics

show numbers

>Shopping cart
>6 months

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>2.5, JUST TAKE OUR WORD

Does it really? All I've ever seen Epic say is fuck consumers only developers matter, their store is perfect and they have no desire to ever give us features of any sort. the only advertisement they ever push on me is how much money they are saving publishers like I give a fuck.

look em up
im not your slave

We have no actual sales numbers for Exodus on the PC, and using any level of critical thinking will inform you that it sold poorly. There's a reason they had to try and spruce up their PC sales by saying "2.5x the week one sales of Metro: Last Light." They're hoping people will have forgotten that Last Light sold like absolute shit on release because it had no marketing whatsoever given that THQ had just fucking died and another publisher had only recently picked up the rights to go forward with its release

I completely believe they sold 2.5x the first-week sales of Last Light, but that doesn't mean they weren't still terrible sales. See:

Because goy you gotta stop caring about spyware or good service so that 2K and Deep Silver can get more money for their investors

Meh I'll get it on console

>if i cant see reviews or talk to ther people how will i know what to think

does randy still have his ''''''magic'''''' parties😃

you have nothing, duly noted

>only post bringing up features posted after this
based insect.

So 100k sales?

Is there any reason to use Steam anymore though? The only games that dont seem to be Epic Exclusive are all coming to GoG day one as well. Sure there is halo, but that is obviously an isolated thing purely for optics. I am sure steam will be fine, since valvefanboys dont actually believe anything they post and still use it over GoG. But it is interesting nonetheless.

>Implying I care about BL3

I can't believe faggots are actually claiming they like this franchise to begin with.

I want games to come to GOG, you ninny. I want games to not have disgusting DRM slapped onto them. That's why I dislike steam too.

Are you too much of a bloated shill to understand that?

>Maybe some people, like myself, were curious if they could make the games fun.

Let me ask you, did you find any of their recent games like Battleborn fun?

Attached: 1486970214236.jpg (1000x1000, 434K)

>Epic shills have gone to trying to prop up GOG as great just to spite Steam even though Epic steals from GOG as well

Does uPlay and Origin even have review systems? I've never seen it.

>take two
ahoy, my hearties

Attached: Untitled.jpg (616x308, 61K)

Don't need your help when i already know the answer. Isn't it curious that Epic waves around Subnautica's total downloads like a giant cock and balls despite the game being free with the app when they want to flex at Steam, but is coy with Metro Exodus numbers?

Attached: 1528622335719.jpg (400x800, 116K)

Try playing a game with a friend that doesn't use steam or another decent system like battlenet. You're in for a real hilarious time when you see how many hoops you have to jump through and how buggy/shitty most systems are.

Epic killed GOG's fair pricing program

>needing reviews and/or forums
>when we have Yea Forums

Isn't your average borderlandsfag are consolefags to begin with?

Does anyone even care? Borderlands 3's trailer was such uninspired shit"WHOOOOA A BILLION GUNS SO COOL". fuck off with your stupid 2004 bullshit.

I do as well bro. I am on your side. I am just saying things like vtmb 2, and even CDPR's own Cyberpunk will sell way more on Steam than GoG. And a lot of the people screeching about Epic itt are among those who will buy it on steam. I am not accusing you personally of anything, no need to get all pissy. I was just making an observation.

they don't publish Rockstar's games

Honestly fuck Epic for that bullshit. Tim lying about a 12% take being sustainable is going to fucking murder all stores that aren't Steam and Epic's store.

>STOP LIKING GAMES I DONT LIKE

this is a good thing though, Why did GoG ever think it was a good idea, did they understand VATS or transaction costs at all?

Does anyone know how Epic Store refund policy works? I read that they also have to 2hr/14 day thing just like steam but do you have to send in like your fucking ID and SSN and shit like when it first came out? Or is it automated like steam?

steamcharts.com/app/49520

>123,596 all-time peak

arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/07/steam-data-leak-reveals-precise-player-count-for-thousands-of-games/2/

>Borderlands 2 - 11,218,936

Oh man posts like this are taking me back to mhw getting announced. you ready for threads shitting down your throat again when the game drops and its glorious

Attached: 1478484731276.jpg (512x512, 43K)

>Policy that benefits consumers is bad

I would like some publisher to take that step and do big release on both simultaneously. And then we can compare numbers after a month.

you actually have to pay to get a refund
epic returns all the money the devs made but keeps their 12%

>this is a good thing though
>Customers paying more now is a good thing
Fuck off

765k im seeing🙁

>10 M+ views with all trailers combined in 4 days
>WOW DOES ANYONE EVEN CARE
That's 4 times higher than what Borderlands 2 did and that game sold 15 million copies.

those numbers doesnt count
literally no one wants BL3 to be made

Oh man, oh no.

Attached: 897789786.jpg (405x436, 31K)

Fairness is weakness. Thats why this money obsessed world will end up going to hell. (soon)

For me, it's Gaige.

Attached: 3635b9479b48d52b843e415ac79b61e9.jpg (810x1050, 106K)

literally only bots and shills watched the trailer
gearbox is known for doing that
all threads about that shitty meme game are made by paid shills who probably hate the game

doesn't benefit me. If GoG is going to pay my sales taxes for me, I am all for it. Otherwise it is fair to be kinda worried about the effects of the policy from a third party perspective. I want GoG to succeed. But the statement "cause $60 is not 60€" grossly mischaracterized everything, and taking the hit every EU sale is not good for them. If they want to slim down, Id unironically rather they do it the smaller margin/cheaper base price way Epic does it.

but this is not wow classic thread

Try just alittle bit harder dude

Attached: 1554103722560.png (362x259, 157K)

If you go by the growth of Youtube and the number of people on the internet in general between 2 and now that is a lower overall number of interest.

This is unrelated but which of the Borderlands games is the best? All this talk is making me want to replay one of them.

Attached: 1554119124058.gif (675x380, 1.35M)

They never needed to slim down until Epic started bullshit about devs needing a bigger cut and creating a race to the bottom, all the while prices for consumers are the same with less features

i dont have to try tho
cause im not a paid shill like you

>implying trailer views means anything.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-01 Battleborn Official Reveal Trailer - HD - US - YouTube.jpg (1899x910, 346K)

>Id unironically rather they do it the smaller margin/cheaper base price way Epic does it.

You mean the way where they aren't actually able to sustainably run a storefront on such a small cut for themselves? Switching from the standard 30% to 12% is a goddamn 60% reduction in revenue

I don't even like this shit game. But just saying "the number aren't real is kekworthy"

Attached: 1469498016508.jpg (323x241, 13K)

>April 1st

Attached: rocko unimpressed.jpg (357x402, 62K)

Except Capcom isn't the shithole that is Gearbox.

Battleborn got fucked by Overwatch and actual gameplay being shown.

Borderlands has no competition.

I told you shills the game was gonna be undiscussable here.

Enjoy the bitching about Chang in your advertisement threads though lol.

Here's a retarded question.

if I buy AC Oddyssey off the ubisoft store page, do I need their launcher too? I already have steam and b-net and thats enough bullshit for me.

this
memeshitlands3 will definitely sell more copies than memeshitlands 2 but not in a good way

The first, it has more actually unique guns and a less restricted gun generation system, along with more linear level growth while 2 onwards suffer massively with you getting weaker as you level due to bad scaling.
The humor is also better and story takes itself more seriously overall while still being a comedy instead of constant wacky non-sequitur.

2 is the best.

How do i talk about the game without being a shill lord user?

yes, all their games past and including Assassin's Creed 2 require uplay

Except for destiny, anthem, the division, warframe in the loot shooter department and shit like apex and fortnite in the cartoony shooter department.

trick question
if you buy any assassins crap it means youre gay

>they never needed to.
but they did with reduced prices for europeans.
brainlet.
Epic is running on 12% margin + taxes and fees
GoG was running on 30% margin+ taxes in NA
and 30% margin - taxes and fees in Europe with reduced prices on top.
Epics model is 100% sustainable. What isnt is effectively selling games for way cheaper in the EU. I often wonder who keeps making this posts? irrationally angry Europeans or Americans who don't know about VATS or the many other fees?

Now do it with Steam

>LOL j/k guiz its ackshually on Steam too :^)
Would drum up a lot of attention for sure

>Destiny
Shit
>Anthem
Shit
>The Division
Shit
>Warframe
Acceptable
>Apex
Shit
>Fortnite
Shit

steam just keeps getting cucked

like i said
no competition

you need it even if you buy the game from steam.

whats wrong with that? Reviews clearly show people like the game. Check out Trap Shrine if your not a faggot.

Personally I don't give a shit either way, borderlands 1 was boring and 2 leaned heavily on meme faggotry

Is Boringlands a meme? I tried really hard to get into the first game but it was just boring brown and grindy with respawning enemies. Kept putting me to sleep.

>Epics model is 100% sustainable.

If you assume that the take they claim they can do is viable while providing a fully-featured storefront on the level of Steam. Epic is also charging customers more if they want to use things like cash cards instead of taking the hit themselves like Steam does because fuck the customer I guess. There's a goddamn reason piracy went away to a large degree in the PC space and making things worse for customers sure as shit isn't going to keep it that way

You go to Reddit you fucking videogaymes loving loser

>Sweeny himself literally says model isn't sustainable
>Keeps being delusional about Epic's shit influence

Amazing how a bunch of lefty dorks can also be the biggest corporate bootlickers on the internet.

>epic gets exclusive games
>literally every single one is a game I wouldn't buy regardless

If they want to get me on board get something worth playing.

I Thought this was a fucking april fools joke you gotta be joking

Thanks for the feedback. I'll let Tim know right away.

Get #EpicShameStore trending

>piracy went away to a large degree in the PC space

Attached: tenor.gif (300x206, 921K)

no
BL2 is mouch worse
every other sentnce is either "fuck republicans and fuck drumpf" or "that was badass slab"

Agreed, the only game that's going to Epic that I have interest in is Anno 1800, and I'm getting it on Uplay anyway.

You have to somehow tie their actions to right wing politics to make them look bad on twitter

>steam had years and years to conceptualize and to come up with features
>epic comes in and couldn't even copy and paste, literally needs a roadmap when they can steal ideas and implementation from steam
Kill yourself chink.

Attached: 1551406971918.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

>fuck republicans and fuck drumpf
BL is a shit series and I don't care for politics in games but if you genuinely disagree with this you need to go home to /pol/ and/or hit the gulags.

Motherfucker. Console version it is then.

well... guess I'll just stick with the remaster...

Steam cringeoid drones finna ding dong diddly seething

Attached: steam drones seething 2.png (1102x714, 152K)

>Steam needs competition
>by creating an actual monopoly
I genuinely don't know if i'm being rused when people say this

t. literally never pirated a game before

>every other sentnce is either "fuck republicans and fuck drumpf" or "that was badass slab"
This is like the 7th time you've posted something like this and you've finally gotten one quote right
And obviously i'm talking about the fuck drumpf one good shit user.

Attached: 645654.jpg (566x692, 31K)

>you assume what they claim they can do is viable while also providing a cheomium based webstore
yes?
>charging customers
Steam is just charging consumers regardless of if they use it or not. Your post is like saying Southwest is shit because you have to pay to check bags but United gives you one for free. This is kinda the model of Southwest, be cheap as possiboe and charge for extras. Its the same with Epic, thin margins but paying for extras. Price setters obviously take this into consideration.Why games like Metro Exodus launched lower in price on Epic. If it cancels out cause you use cash cards, and live somewhere with insane transaction costs and a 20% sales tax that is hardly Epics fault. And hardly a justification for passing those coats on to North American CC users.

>wishlist
>additional payment methods
>mod support
>shopping cart
>gifting
>6+ fucking months

Fuck off.

have sex posters are chads and incel posters are your pic.. please do not mix the two

*for one of their biggest IPs

>Sweeney says the mode is 100% sustainable
>THEN WHY DO I HAVE TO PAY TAXES
this is your brain on fanboyism.

I've been pirating games since the king of games CD-ROMs
because third country shithole

Difference is, Steam will still be around despite Epic Store existing. EGS isn't a monopoly, it's encroaching on anothers.

Why can't Steam drones deal with another store existing unless it's some cuckolded boutique like GOG?

Attached: cola wars pepsi coke steam epic.jpg (550x379, 59K)

I would willingly want Anthony Burch to write just so it'd come to Steam

have sex

but its annoying especially in a game with no skippable cutscenes
the cutscene where claptrap or should i say fap 2trps pulls out a guitar and sings a song about punching nazis literally made me mute the game

Why would you pirate a shitty game?

I even messed up that spoiler but you know what I meant

>Steam needs competition and I couldn't think of anything that would drive normies to EGS than

As opposed to EGS having better features? Because there's literally no benefit to using it, all it has are exclusives. The defense for Epic's store seems to be fueled by consoletard shitposters and a blind grudge against Steam, as if competition should exist just for the sake of it and not doing anything better than your competitors.

>coke is better, but I really couldnt give a shif if a restaurant has one instead of the other, and will buy pepsi at the grocery store if it is cheaper
pretty accurate metaphor desu.

based

Attached: IMG_1232.jpg (700x471, 69K)

>as if steam accepts pesos

I can't even understand what the Epic shill is trying to say anymore, did you even read my post? Also fanboyism? Somehow wanting good policies rather than sucking money to video game publishers and investors is fanboyism?

I will gladly buy her game no matter what!

Attached: Maya BL3.png (601x973, 697K)

It's not steamdrones, it's people not wanting literal chink spyware on their computer.

>EGS isn't a monopoly, it's encroaching on anothers.

Attached: 1548933310050.png (2117x1835, 957K)

>SteamSpy says 5M - 10M BL2 owners
>Assume 3M BL3 launch sales if it was on Steam cause numbers outta my ass
>Worst case 70% on all units x $60 = $42 revenue per unit
> 3M x $42 = $126M
Again numbers out of my ass but the scale of Epic's moneyhat would have to be huge to secure exclusivity. Fortnite can only print so much money

The metaphor falls apart when you can't value shop for Pepsi because its only sold at one store.

I don't want that either, so it's a good thing Epic Store is an American owned company.

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: epic store humble.png (1037x801, 89K)

Simple, buy retail and pirate the game itself. That way devs/publishers get the money and Epic gets nothing.

To be honest that's pretty cute

>go to KFC
>can only buy Pepsi

I never said piracy disappeared. People literally told Valve to not bother with Russia and China because they only pirate, and now China is one of their largest markets and Russia's pretty big too

>Fortnite can only print so much money

Why do Steam drones forget that Epic also makes the most used engine in both the 360 generation and the current one and gets royalties for its use?

Attached: epic store steam split.jpg (714x1017, 83K)

the devs/publisher are the ones who decided to go to Epic, why would I give them money?

>Humble Store "Partnership"
>Charging the exact same price as Epic as they get all their keys from Epic, not from the publisher itself

>Go to Taco Bell
>They only have pepsi products
>OMG LOOK AT DIS MONOPOLY GAMERS RISE UP

Mortal Kombat 11 is using a heavily modded version of Unreal Engine 3

>illeterate

The beauty is you don't have to buy off steam since keys are sold on third party sites outside of just humble unlike EGS

Attached: peso.png (966x896, 943K)

>did you read my post
I did, and you are legitimately retarded if you think he said that. Where I live taxes are calculated after price for instance. When Sweeney says he charges a 12% margin here he means before taxes, he is simply doing so in Europe as well, and eating less of the fees.

Games only only sold on EGS+Humble is somehow less of a monopoly than being able to buy games on steam + humble + hundreds of other key sites.

You happy? Or are you gonna keep crying like a little bitch, Epic drone?

>KFC
>Taco Bell
wtf are these niggers and shitskins doing here?

Epic is still getting paid

>Fortnite and Unreal Engine can only print so much money
At the scale of tens of millions per AAA game, the war chest will get drained quickly if EGS can't get people to actually buy from them

EGS has humblebundle deals
but still
fuck chinks

But you can buy Pepsi from the grocery store and thousands of other places instead of just KFC. You can only buy EGS games from EGS or the humble store.

thats a big IF
zoomers will always have access to their parents wallets

Reading comprehension
>are sold on third party sites outside of just humble

Also humble store != humbebundle deals. They never mentioned anything about EGS games being sold through humble bundles, people just assume that because it's humble and don't know they sell games directly through a store for full price.

>when the later has a bigger userbase?
fortnite alone has more than steam.

tiamen square
fuck off chink shill

Sure just like Riot games is an American owned company :^)

I honestly can't see how you can be so retarded to support having so low a margin for competition and passing aspects like transactions costs and bad regional pricing onto the consumer is as sustainable or good for the consumer

Liked your post. Why are there so many EGS shills lately?

Attached: hamster.png (1169x857, 144K)

You've got me confused with the epic shill.

cause it saves me money?
same reason to fly budget airlines. regardless of if you like it, it is 100% sustainable.

Meant for

this literally just happened with Metro and Steam revoked a huge portion of the keys because Deepsilver came back around and informed them of the issue.

>BL games blow.
>But I want it.

You know you have other choices, right?

Attached: photo.jpg (1280x1131, 70K)

You retards also said Apex Legends would destroy Fortnite and kill Epic Store, thus saving Steam

Attached: fortnite apex games twitch.jpg (1345x907, 469K)

So show me where the savings are, because all I see are much higher costs on Epic's store and their actions causing prices to rise on GOG

>cause it saves me money?

So you're a moron who doesn't buy games cheaper from any of the tons of legitimate third-party distributors who buy their keys directly from the publishers? Those third-party distributors who will never sell Epic Game Store games because Epic doesn't do free key generation and likely never will?

There is no other game that is exactly like borderlands.
I've tried everything there is and nothing is the same.

Attached: 1470821908799.jpg (599x462, 31K)

this literally just happened with Metro and Steam revoked a huge portion of the keys because Deepsilver came back around and informed them of the issue.

Both Apex and Fortnite can go die in a fire as far as I'm concerned. It's irrelevant to the point that Epic's moneyhatting of AAA games is unsustainable if their sales numbers remain at Metro Exodus levels

>show me where the savings are.
tonnes of games such as Metro Exodus becoming $10 cheaper.
>muhh steam keys
I am strictly comparing the policies of two retailers.
>causing prices to rise on GoG
prices on GoG are the same. The European discount was inevitably going to die, there are a lot more factors at play than just EGS. Though a store not passing on costs to North Americans could be a bit of a last straw for them.

All I see are prices in burgerland higher than what keysites once had even on day 1 and much worse regional prices, all so that publishers and investors can get that sweet cut you bootlicker

Epic shills referring to GOG as a "cuckolded boutique" says all you need to know about their agenda.

Is that Sly Cooper?

that is completely different than to what I am talking about. My orignal post was saying Id rather GoG copy the Epic model than just sell games to Europeans and insane discounts if they want to cut margins.
He said legitimate keysellers you retard.

1. That was me and only me
2. It IS a cuckolded boutique because it's been in business for 10 years and has done nothing to oppose Steam
3. GoG is the guy in the dog mask to the old guy's Steam in the Shining (see pic)

Attached: dog mask.jpg (612x456, 47K)

>Only 6 months exclusivity
Who cares? That just means you will get the GOTY edition with all DLC and 1 or 2 more characters and if TPS or BL2 are anything to go by, the best characters are for the most part post-release.

Attached: c1a2719a377e82d1ed1de78bc5909c32_400x400.jpg (400x400, 36K)

That was from someone working in a distribution center copying unused Steam keys that weren't going to be used after switching to Epic keys. It's not the norm at all and don't pretend it is

A friend explained it like this: Epic takes 12.5% if you use unreal engine (which borderlands 3 does) and 12.5% to be on the epic store, but if you do both they only charge you 12.5% once. Steam takes like a 30% cut, so if you also use unreal on top of that, almost half of every fucking game you sell goes to other people.

Stop fanboying a company that doesn't give a fuck about you or developers. That's fucking retarded and you know it.

>Actually shilling for higher prices and getting rid of discounts with nothing in return

>>Only 6 months exclusivity

It's usually 1 year exclusivity. Where does it say 6 months?

that is a completey different beast. I am compring steam and Epic as retailers based on pricing models and margins. Not everything has to be about your daddy Gabe.

kill yourself

I wish I could dm those Apex shills to see their reaction it was so obvious it was just overhyped from a bunch of paid streamers.

Randy said 6 months.

>reading comprehension.

bruh

Attached: Capture.png (418x96, 9K)

Don't forget Valve drones

Attached: cringe valve fans.png (1608x1029, 148K)

>defending a shop

If that was the case then epic wouldnt need to shell out that ALONG with a cheque would they? you realize they still get that same rate without the exclusivity deal right?

>it's been in business for 10 years and has done nothing to oppose Steam

Yeah GOG should have been money hatting exclusives instead of trying to make their service better than Valve's. That's the future you're encouraging by the way, fuck making games easy or convenient to buy, everything should just be exclusives.

seething steamtard

>GOG removes program and compensation is removed
>Epic have worse prices everywhere besides america and even there prices are higher because no keys
Work on your english chang

REMINDER THAT THE WORST THING THAT EPIC HAS EVER DONE WAS AWAKEN THE VALVE DRONES AND CONVINCE PEOPLE THAT DEFENDING ONE CORPORATION IS BETTER THAN DEFENDING ANOTHER

Attached: Cwyin.jpg (1028x732, 340K)

i have 300+ games on steam, i'm not going anywhere else unless steam starts treating ME badly. this is irrefutable

customers dont give a single shit what the publishers want. they just want to play a video game, and if theyre hindered trying to play a video game they will flip shit.
stop fanboying a company that doesnt give a fuck about you or developers. youre fucking retarded and you know it

>Steam takes like a 30% cut
They lowered it if you hit certain revenue milestones, which is how it also Epic 12.5% cut works.

Also your fanboying comment applies equally to steam and epic apologists

they are mostly giving them sales garuntees. Because Epic needs to have a userbase for it to be succesful. all the devs/publishers are rooting for it. But nobody wants to be the first to make the jump. The goal is to reach a takeoff point.

>Buying a Borderlands game on launch after the DLC shitstorm that was 2
Big yikes to anyone considering this no matter what store it uses.

If only GoG had some sort of... game... or series of games... that they could have made exclusive to GoG, like how HL2 is exclusive to Steam...

Nah, that's crazy.

Attached: witcher book.jpg (1337x750, 184K)

anything chink is better than western

>Please stop giving Epic shit for being absolutely fucking terrible because Valve is a corporation too

>Give Epic only 12% for their game instead of 25% like an user said earlier and get a big fat paycheck of probably 4-8 million on top of that
>Can then get another Steam boost of sales 6 months down the line
>Still allowed to release the game on consoles
You're all dingus if you wouldn't take such an offer.

the only problem i see with epic store is that accepting this data mining might lead to some worse stuff being taken as a norm in the future
in general i dont care about some chink scanning my steam library to see what i play and send me some targeted ads or whatever

>Buying a Borderlands game on launch after the DLC shitstorm that was 2
explain!

Yeah Witcher 3 wouldve totally been better if it was GOG exclusive. Fuck off.

>implying I want Epic to not get shit
I want Valve to get shit too, you absolute fucking mongoloid - giving them both shit isn't an impossibility you corporate cocksucker. They both suck. One just sucks less - that doesn't make it GOOD, that just makes it preferable.

steam keys largey cut steam as a retailer out of the process tou complete fucking moron so there is no margin there.
>Epic has worse prices everywhere but America
for the game itself they are selling it for the same USD price, go cry about 20% VATS and your other dumbass costs of doing business to your government, not me.

Valve should start flexing their muscle with some of these publishers. Stop giving them easy ways out and stop letting them come back down the road. Take a hit to hammer a big publisher once and watch the others fall in line.

Yeah, but look at GoG now

tweaktown.com/news/65367/gog-com-barely-making-profit/index.html

gog.com/news/conclusion_of_the_bfair_price_packageb_program

Attached: monopoly.png (2117x1513, 1.56M)

Bl2 had paid dlc and user hates that if there's more to the story then fuck me

>Valve axes a publisher
>other publishers don't give a shit and threaten to just pull their business entirely from the store
amazing plan, brinksmanship ALWAYS works

>using first party games to defend third party exclusivity

Do Epic shills all have brain damage or something

Just look at the DLC page on Steam. Season Pass didn't include every level boost pack for example, GOTY version came out later with the biggest DLC for cheaper etc. BL3 is going to be a DLC hellscape so if you buy it on launch you're setting yourself up to get fleeced.

But that defeats the free market shit you Valve cuckolds keep bragging about - would be pretty hypocritical

yeah, not welcoming them back is a great way to win them back
>w...we didnt want to carry your games anyway!

You want a game that's like Borderlands
Except you hate Borderlands
Is this Stockholm Syndrome?

Attached: 1553659733871.jpg (526x842, 102K)

>>Still allowed to release the game on consoles
As opposed to Steam or GOG who don't allow that.

Anyway its cool Epic is compensating publishers for "lost sales" basically an invitation to pirate their games since they get paid either way.

>They both suck. One just sucks less - that doesn't make it GOOD, that just makes it preferable.

So what's shitty about current-day Steam as a storefront?

My name is Dave from Gearbox, calm down guys. It's a joke. At midnight we'll let everyone in on it.
That said, Buy Borderlands 3!

So any real argument for why people should accept higher prices in all regions from epic so that they can give it to publishers and shareholders besides steam keys don't count and GOG is bad for covering consumer costs?

Brinksmanship is a solid plan if you have the clout and numbers to back it up and like Steam or not it has both still. Letting people use your platform for free advertising then getting nothing out of it is not a winning strategy.

on monday come into my office

How fucking pathetic do you have to be to argue for exclusivity, the kind that literally provides 0 benifit to consumers, using GOG as a cudgel. Pathetic.

this is the last straw Dave come into my office RIGHT NOW

>advantages
What?
>I'm fine with timed exclusive
>Epic
>cross platform
Is cross-platform just a PR buzzword by now? It's always mentioned but I don't see what they mean by that

Dave no!

>Sales on a constant decline year after year
>Valve rigs the stupid fucking ""competitions"" they put out
>artificially inflating the market
>absolutely shitty browser still to this day, literally getting worse when they update it
>awful support system
that's all for the consumer. in an unrelated-to-the-consumer note
>greedy jews who keep their company abysmally tiny to keep their profits up

>and GOG is bad for covering consumer costs?
Yes GOG should have made their games exclusive instead of DRM free. DRM is good and we need more exclusives.

I want to buy Borderlands 3 on steam at the same time everyone else can, why shouldn't I be allowed to do that?

Attached: 1521479996585.png (412x390, 90K)

GORILLIONS OF GUNS

Because Steam thinks they can take 30% and get away with it.

The only ones I see bragging about free market shit are Epic cuckholds. And a store leverging their market dominance is part of the free market you fags worship.

I don't know either. Also this competition talk is stupid especially when GOG has been a thing for years now.
If anything GOG should be the store journos should shill for to stick it to Steam for allowing porn games

Holy shit I can't tell if its shitposters or that there are people dumb enough to shill for DRM and exclusives

I don't hate borderlands at all but i keep getting told that the game is shit and i should play another looter shooter.
But i've played them all and none of them are like bl.

im going to get called a shill but what the fuck ever.

Your memes are outdated

It's like you like installing more chinese spyware on your pc. Hard pass.

How pathetic have Steam drones been in treating GoG like their little bitch boy now have to use GoG as their shield because Epic is now raping Steam, which incidentally shits on weaker sites like GoG?

>people are this retarded
Just read the thread on twitter, niggers
it's not a EGS exclusive

Attached: 1554104240760.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

>But i've played them all
No you haven't.

Attached: please say sike.jpg (500x559, 32K)

>finding furshit on steam
you know that on steam you find more commonly things that steam think you like, right?

I'm a consumer, that doesn't mean anything to me, why was I able to buy every other borderalnds title on steam when it came out?

the prices are not higher, they are the same across regions. GoG was previously selling them for DRASTICALLY cheaper in europe.
Steam keys can count if you like since they operate more closely to the Epic pricing model than to the steam or old GoG one
>bad for covering consumer costs
bad for charging insane margins in one region just to operate at razer thin profits cause they are eating insane costs in another. It may have made sense post 2008 crash, doesnt now.

You're not very convincing when you're pulling that 15 year old copycat bullshit, kid.

>>artificially inflating the market
What the fuck does this mean? Is this some shitty slight against Valve not being the gatekeeper for who can sell their games on Steam?

except that cut doesnt apply to big games at all, after you reach certain milestones it's essentially the same cut, with the added bonus of actually getting more sales.

>metro exodus
2.5x of almost nothing is still almost nothing, or youre that bad ad math?

I don't remember giving steam permission to do that

Its the top entry in the "New" tab on the main page. The algo doesnt matter there

As if I didn't already have enough reasons to pirate after replacing Maya with a disgusting nigger.

Attached: 1547669474046.png (327x388, 217K)

badass

Attached: badass.jpg (194x259, 11K)

>Steam drones been in treating GoG like their little bitch boy
That was you though. You literally called GOG cuckholded.

the community market, idiot, i don't give a fuck about who gets kicked off for selling some hentai game

All this bickering.

Attached: AMARA.jpg (3403x4095, 1.09M)

Why are the chinks so angry?

Attached: 1530451876362.png (1021x873, 410K)

So explain how they 'inflate the market'

Well I wasn't gunna get it before but now I have a reason to shitpost about it.

And so why should I care if a company is running without as much profits if I benefit as a consumer as opposed to raking in money to do nothing for me but pay out shareholders and charge me more?

>I don't remember giving steam permission to do that
Steam dont need permission to see what games you search and buy(furshit mostly for what we see) on steam itself, you are giving that info on steam in the first palce on your own will

they earn 50 cents for each post

There's literally nothing wrong with DRM or exclusives and you're using GoG as a shield because you're mad Epic is getting raped by Steam.

Attached: 1525757576988.png (2507x3037, 1.81M)

>sales on constant decline

Attached: lol.png (1354x734, 605K)

I like how Epic shills literally beg other platforms to start doing the same bullshit Epic does so Epic doesn't look like the bad guy.
Epic is the only one bribing here, and it'll remain so, because they are the only ones incompetent enough to not being able to attract an audience otherwise.

I hope you're right but It sure looks like it will be.

>Steam isn't mentioned
>Continues to shill for DRM and exclusives
Are there god to honest shills here?

No, they are just too dumb to pretend they are not marketeers.

Attached: 1533172003487.png (2081x2196, 1.7M)

you shouldn't it just wasn't sustainable going forward. Especially when the law of one price holds a lot more if one international retailer starts to stick to it. If GoG wanted to cover my sales tax, and pass the cost on to Europeans, I wouldnt complain. I just wouldnt be surprised when it came apart.

WHY YOU NO RIKE STORE GWEILO SCUM? BY EPIC STORE FOR GRORIOUS CHINESE REPUBRIC OR DING DONG BANNU.💢

The confusion was why people who don't even like Borderlands/looter shooters would want to play it
Instead of literally anything else they might actually enjoy.

U-Unf

Attached: 1530213602900.png (708x590, 216K)

The only shills are the ones hired by Valve to make Epic look bad.

they take products and large cuts of every transaction between two users even though it's literally fake funny money that they own

Based

you know what valve should do? they shouldnt let borderlands 3 be on steam AT ALL unless it's coming out day 1.

Well it was sustainable for years until a certain company set up shop, whose business model you seem to be defending as a good thing, fuck off

When will you epic shills learn that the Windows Store is the true king of PC gaming. Epic will come and use your Vbucks to buy gay porn for your children while you play one of the 14 games on your store. Epic will devour you and your livelihood, shill.

A message to all Epic shills and steam cucks:
Abandon the false gods of Steam and Epic!
Block out the false song of Sweeney and Newell!
Accept the Windows Store and Bill Gates as the one and only saviors of PC gaming!

Attached: 1548859933018.jpg (1200x1200, 67K)

Why the fuck would i click on a borderlands thread if i didn't like or care about the game?

Attached: 1546761762626.png (878x510, 882K)

I meant the quality of their sales, FUCK

Attached: 1551383874565.png (1297x896, 219K)

>Stop fanboying a company that doesn't give a fuck about you
I'm not fanboying Epic though

>”just” the talent
Almost had me

Tim Sweeney looks like a stereotypical pedo. Makes you wonder why he owns all that land....

Honestly BL3 probably wouldn't exist without Epics huge paycheck, we all know there was no more Borderlands.

it worked for years because of lots of different economic factors such as exchange rate that have drastically changed, I dont think Epic really effects GoG that much. But yes, Epics pricing model is a good thing. The launcher sucks, paid exclusives are annoying/bad, no key resales sucks. But the pricing model is legitimately good. I would rather better platforms take the pricing system, than die in stubbornes.

Is it really a borderlands thread if the majority of posts have nothing to do with borderlands?

hee hee

truly 4d chess

And so do you have actual sources that say that is why the program closed rather than the message GOG put out themselves pointing to increased cuts paid to publishers?

Attached: 1552295260846.png (2310x2461, 790K)

>chinks are the same as nips
back to twitter. black people will never think you're cool

>I was on the fence about buying vs pirating, BL games blow. So that's a pirate from me now.
>BL games blow

Attached: e487d703a2f15524fc2de6231f564479.png (1939x2059, 320K)

Borderlands was never good

Hey kids, did you know

I love how literally none of the epic shills tries to refute these. It should just be spammed in every single one of these threads.

When is this actually supposed to happen? How is it taking so long for Epic to get their games on humble?

Weird, I could have sworn they came out on consoles, too.

because they were taking less revenue on each sale.

Not me

Attached: Aint me.jpg (645x173, 18K)

Attached: 1530118595995.png (1871x873, 267K)

Jesus
How can the chinks be murdered, cannibalized, raped, conquered, communism'd and tiananmen'd to such a degree where they literally act like soulless insect drones and not even realize its so obvious to everyone else?

Attached: 1554051937238.jpg (365x346, 7K)

i do not care about the launcher i care when i am fed cheap chinese steak with tencent trained tapeworms that collect my dna data

Attached: epicstore china.png (890x2048, 2.31M)

here is the reason I only want to buy on steam:
It's a long lasting, time proven platform that I know I can not log in for 7 years and come back and still own the games I bought and download them.

I don't have the same confidence is literally 10 other launchers.

With steam I actually feel like I *somewhat* actually own the game. I feel like im renting by buying on ubiplay or any other launcher

>tfw abandoning PC gaming for the glory of the Xbox One X
Why haven't you jumped ship yet, PCbros? Scared?

Attached: x.png (200x197, 26K)

Imagine wanting to guy a Borderlands game after 2 in the first place.
It won't even be worth pirating

>There's literally nothing wrong with DRM

Attached: 1547147964620.gif (374x400, 89K)

I had that figured from the first reply.
Responding to a post about someone who didn't like Borderlands wanting to play it anyway.

I'm not even disagreeing with you.
Why the fuck would someone who doesn't like the game want to play it?

I couldn't care less where it's going to be since I don't plan on buying that shit anyways, but why the fuck do people get angry. Maybe it's because I'm an idort so I'm used to buy on different platforms all the time, but who the fuck cares. You download a fucking program and just play it from there. Make a fucking desktop shortcut and you'll never see the storefront again.

Attached: 1540118447175.jpg (337x290, 56K)

I was the other one, I replied saying they got good elements but are ruined by their issues.

Because so far Epic have been incredibly anti-competition. I can buy steam keys from a whole range of sites for a whole range of prices as these stores attempt to compete with each other.
Epic games can only be purchased from the Epic store, for a fixed price.

steam has built a social media platform to keep their attention when they are not gaming, to them it is more than just a game store. It is their crackbook.

This

Also increasing their levels to increase their friends list

It's just shitposting about stores and borderlands nothing needs to make sense if you're shit flinging

you know that's actually a valid point no one else has brought up yet. that epic is basically the champion of crossplay right now. They managed to force all the console devs into accepting it. They have framework for every single system to be compatible in terms of network, we know BL3 is on UE so it's probably not too difficult to adapt the infrastructure.
shit.

those keys aren't supposed to be sold and are in a grey market area, which is why shit like all the keys people bought from those shit sites getting revoked for metro exodus.

>humble keys aren't meant to be sold
Do you even listen to yourself?

The thing is that buying something from the EGS you are basically supporting someone who is creating a monopoly, even tho the same person said that monopolies are bad (I am looking at you Tim).

Sorry if Steam Guides are actually better than guides I find online or if I chat with someone on said game on the Steam Forum

>Also increasing their levels to increase their friends list
Does this have any relevance?

Attached: 1554065463570.png (681x821, 929K)

Only a select few sites are like that. Namely, G2A and Kinguin.

Only way for me to use Epic Store is if they try to compete with Steam and put Gears of War or something to combat Halo.
I don't give a shit about how much money Devs make, Devs are fucking faggots.

Attached: 1406303857237.jpg (459x694, 195K)

>consolebros win again
PKEKS GET DABBED ON

Attached: DAB ON THOSE NIGGAS.gif (398x204, 487K)

What is Shift? Always avoided the service, apparently it gives you free keys and probably some spam to your email.

That would be such insanely suicidal practice unless they're also launching the remasters on epic games store on the third when they drop. They said themselves that there's going to be benefit from playing/having saves for the original games.

Someone explain because i've never used it either

you basically hit it on the head. it's a newsletter. They give you info on gearbox titles, beta info that's not just thrust out into the world, and codes for golden keys.

>wanting to actually buy Randy's game

Attached: 1519101504182.jpg (225x225, 5K)

retared xbonehead
there is no xbox logo or ps logo
what makes you think consoles can even handle these games graphics

>What is Shift?
codes you get from twitter then type them into your computer and then you get keys to open the chest in sanctuary
only can get purple weapons though

This is fine, Borderlands was never good.
It was a shame when we lost Metro to the trenches, but codex fixed that right up.

I'd like not to puke as I suffer from simulation sickness

What's the point of Epic if it provides no features for me, the customer? It's just unnecessary DRM.

>metro good
>but borderlands isnt
i almost forgot it was april's fool day

JUST

MONIKA

how come black people always call eachother monica?

Would you let that track panther girl suck you off after class user?

Attached: 92g0aoeoqpi21.png (1206x1018, 709K)

Should we tell him?

Attached: 8df.png (1280x1171, 949K)

Damn right, Borderlands has 500 guns that all feel terrible, Metro has 8 that all feel great.
Borderlands has a million quests and levels that are all inspired, Metro has 10 that were all tightly crafted.
Borderlands has a million low effort assets to go along with it's boring art style, Metro has significantly less but they all look sexy as fuck.
I can't remember the Borderlands story, but I sure as fuck remember all three Metro games.

Exodus wasn't perfect by any means, but I know for a fact that Borderlands 3 will be the same crap that 1 and 2 were.

>implying i buying ANOTHER generic doom rehash

Attached: 1992 - current year.png (900x1082, 843K)

Attached: 3942a94.png (737x910, 499K)

cringe

Hey guys, it's Randy. Thanks a bunch for your support!
Here's a picture of me, working hard to ensure I make BL3 just as well as I made Battleborn, Aliens: Colonial Marines, and Duke Nukem Forever!

Thank you for saving my company so we can continue to fight bigotry and be BADASS for many years to come!

Attached: randy bobandy.jpg (656x874, 87K)

>randy knew all these manbabies would throw a fit
>accidently leak epic only trailer on april 1st
>every npc starts saying epic bad and starts dropping their tendies
>2 days later randy goes on stage and announces it will arrive on all platforms
>all these "gamers" realized they threw a fit for absolutely nothing
screencap this

Totally not shilling guys.

I've never even played a Metro game, but the guy is right. Borderlands guns are fucking boring. And any gun you find that might be remotely interesting is replaced almost immediately because the damage output won't keep up with the enemy scaling.

Why wouldn't they go for the ebin exclusive since they're using UE4, it's not like PC sales even make up 10% of the total sales for big multiplats. May as well get the UE4 license for free and get some exclusivity sheckles.

I pirated exodus buddy, it's a good way to spend 15 hours.
I don't care if you don't play Metro, but if you do anything with your life, don't fucking spend 1-200 hours drudging through the newest looter shooter because you're better than that.
Have some respect for your time.

RAGE 2 looks better, not even going to bother EGS is a seal of shit quality.

Your fortune: Bad Luck

>metro is good
>but i never played it
>also i never played borderlands

>game is going to sell millions of copies on console
>will sell a few hundred thousand on pc
>not just taking the free cash and splitting
>pc twitch boxers actually think their platform matters
OH NO NO NO

youtube.com/watch?v=My2ByuvhNxM
>these are the people who think epic is bad
wtf i love epic now

>Borderlands
And nothing of value was lost.

More like the kind of person who actually enjoys Borderlands.

>Steam needs competition
You know, I have yet to hear a single person say why. Why? Why do they need competition? They aren't a monopoly. They actually provide the best service in the industry. The only way anyone can even be 'competition' is by substituting exclusives to make up for not being able to provide as good of a service as Valve already does. WHY does Steam need competition from people that aren't better than them in any way? WHY do we have to sacrifice principles and convenience to force it?

>They aren't a monopoly.

t. steam drone

this but unironically
>im all for competition but not from epic

not him. origin, gog, uplay, piracy, old games, and launcherless/third party launcher games all make steam factually not a monopoly.
also you're more than likely shitposting so I'm wasting my time replying anyway

wow
i wish i was a s cool as you
but i like to play it safe
>kicks a rock
and my mom wont let me anyways
>sits on stump and ponders what couldve been

>epic bad because it has no features
>origin, gog ,piracy, good
wait what?

Saying Epic is competition is like saying a woman is taller than you and disregarding her high heels. Epic is not a better service. Period. Everyone knows it. Drones or not. And they are also they only ones participating in monopolistic practices. Being the best does not make you a monopoly.

>not him. origin, gog, uplay, piracy, old games, and launcherless/third party launcher games all make steam factually not a monopoly.

What made Steam the monopoly is that if your game wasn't on Steam, it was basically fucked.

Still can't answer the question. Good work.

I'm not even happy with steam but I won't use epic because I'm not a nigger.

Attached: DwoUYclVAAE324G - Copy.jpg (517x536, 78K)

fuck you
i said i agreed with you fatass

I didn't call them good idiot, I was responding to the accusation that Steam is a monopoly.
Yeah Battlefield, League of Legends, Fortnite, Apex, etc, etc are "basically fucked", right?

There's a reason Riot hasn't tried to make other games

Because they're on easy street just maintaining their current huge successful one, and thus too fucking lazy to do so? Same reason Valve spent 5 years not making games

this
>bother making game when you can just do event and selling skin for as much money with lower effort

Those WERE Steam's own directories, dumbass.

>bik numbers scary

This - Steam drones are just paranoid

>Why can't Steam drones deal with another store existing unless it's some cuckolded boutique like GOG?

If (Game) released on Steam and Epic Game Store at the same time, I wouldn't complain.

Exclusivity Is like magic, isn't it, Randy?

Attached: 1551879134590.gif (406x202, 3.42M)

Totally going for the CPY store and best is it comes without any bullshit because the scene actually cares about the games they release to the public.

unlike the actual publishers

New thread

Another game I will be pirating, thanks epic!

>tfw it will sell millions more on epic than on steam just like metro
I don't want to live on this planet anymore

Attached: rage 2.jpg (725x992, 400K)

Lol who cares about borderlands anyway you fags

Attached: images - 2019-03-29T224120.622.jpg (245x150, 10K)

It wouldn't surprise me if Epic actually told them they would only allow it if the game wasn't on Steam. Otherwise, wouldn't it have already happened?

enough people that you gotta post this

isn't VtMB2 doing that?

>t's irrelevant to the point that Epic's moneyhatting of AAA games is unsustainable if their sales numbers remain at Metro Exodus levels

Tencent has half a trillion dollars. Throwing a few million around here and there is nothing.

Capcom before the release of MHW wasn't such paragon of good games and marketing either, but still, prolly better than Gearbox now

>Tiananmen Square Massacre of 1986.
>Tiawan is an independent country and the real China
>Winnie the Pooh
Are these, like, anti-China things or something.

>it's not okay when Steam does it.
>THANK YOU BASED TIANANMEN-EPIC-SQUARE MONOPOLY SALUTE
Hypocrites gotta be hypocrites.

Fallout 76 win again
Hahahahah

Your fortune: You will meet a dark handsome stranger

Attached: Todd_Btfo_Randy.jpg (183x275, 6K)

china denies tiananmen square happened, also it was 1989
taiwan is where the KMT (the original republic of china) fled to after their civil war and the communist party always wanted to conquer that
the current chinese president got compared to winnie the pooh so now winnie the pooh is pretty much banned in china

its like they want to out do battleborn as a complete failure.

epic store, really?

yeah, im not buying it then. not when steam has HALO.

>millions
It sold at least 5 times less on Epic then steam. Redux is sitting at 2 million atm

Gay

So here's a question ... Rockstar Games published RDR2. Rockstar Games is a subsidiary of Take-Two. Does Rockstar Games work independently of Take-Two (since Take-Two are also a publisher) or would that put RDR2 on the Epic store?

I'm just interested from a business standpoint. I really don't care about the game. I also think it's value will be depreciated enough that China will have no problem buying out the exclusive rights to it since the hype train ran off the tracks and everyone knows what the game really is now.

>i dont care
>but i do

>no shopping cart
What the fuck? That's like a basic feature. Must be hard to be a chink store shill.

Attached: 1466452761996.jpg (400x800, 246K)

Metro Exodus sales on Epic Store were a joke. How do I know this? Because they refuse to give any numbers.

Not all companies do give out number but Epic loves to brag and boast about it numbers when they are good. That is why I know there are 25 million+ downloads of Fortnight, and over 4.5 million have taken free downloads of Subnautica and Slime Rancher.

But Metro Exodus number are cryptic and instead we have it as a 2.5 times as many as the previous game on it launch day.

It the numbers had been what Epic wanted they would be bragging to world about how many millions had brought the game on launch this is because they have a track record of bragging to the world when their numbers are good.

testCoin Flip: Tails

>hur dur y u wunna lurn big wurdz tho
Some people are just interested in how the world works and don't like going through life a drooling moron.

BUY it on the Bethesda launcher

>Metro
>Selling millions more
user, there's a reason why Epic used such a vague value as 2.5x more sales over using a direct number. If I remember correctly Last Light sold like 300~400k on the first week or something on Steam. Exodus probably didn't even break a million units on Epic on the same time frame but they sure as hell want you to think they did. Maybe by now it did, but we won't know because Epic won't tell us.

Deep Silver themselves haven't said anything about the sales shit other than Exodus on PS4 did better than Last Light on PS3. You'd think they'd immediatelly follow up Epic's claim with a confirmation of their own, touting how profitable of a partnership it was, but they've been pretty tight lipped so far, and it's been over a month since the game came out.

>My game good
>Your game bad
>Just because i say so
Come on, what the fuck am i supposed to say back to this?

>P-please don't blame me guys blame 2K
What a load of bullshit. Gearbox has their own publishing. If they wanted they would make BL3 but name it something else and have their own IP.
Oh thats right Gearbox haven't made anything worthwhile on their own so they need BL IP to survive

The shills dont know enough English to debate anything.
They are just given copypasta from higher up to spam.

I'm fucking convinced you're a bot. I see this same fucking post every thread.

Rockstar publishes their own game despite being owned by Take-two who is also a publisher. That doens't mean that take-two doesn't put their hands where they don't belong, see when take-two went after single player mods since they 'affected multiplayer'. Which r* basically told taketwo to fuck off. Rockstar is big enough that they'll back down and bend over for Rockstar.

What's far more likely is that they'll sell purely on their own launcher.

Borderlands is objectively shit and Randy eats Pen Jillette's hot, corny shits.

>no reviews
>no forums
>no community guides
>no workshop
>store panders to developers instead of consumers
Here's your real complaints bro

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/1449327471120.jpg/
Imagine being you.

>Tfw never bought a Borderlands game
Pirated them all and played with a friend through Tunngle.

>Wholesome
When did steam start hosting patreon-tier furry sex shit?

New thread

Take-Two probably lets them do their own thing while their own lawyers do their best to protect their image and bottomline.
reuters.com/article/us-take-two-grand-theft-auto/u-s-judge-blocks-programs-letting-grand-theft-auto-players-cheat-idUSKBN1L12NS
Here's an example of take-two's doing.

>What's far more likely is that they'll sell purely on their own launcher.

There was a time when I would believe that. But, I think now that it's been out and (despite sales) the response was luke-warm, they'd consider just putting it on Steam a safer option to secure sales. Now, if they released the PC version at the same time as console, then absolutely, they could have made a killing if they sold it on their launcher. But, I think it's too late.