Hello Yea Forums

I class myself as an avid Final Fantasy fan of the classic era and have completed entirely the below
> 4
> 6
> 7
> 8
> 9
> 10

I dropped 12 after about 5 hours in when it first came out but have just repurchased the PS4 version.

Am I likely to be happy with it.

***I enjoy side quests, character building and grinding for super bosses.***

Attached: FC02F529-D02C-45CB-A18F-4B563438188A.jpg (500x500, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ywzw9cHTrDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

enjoy watching it, the game will play itself

>Am I likely to be happy with it.
>***I enjoy side quests, character building and grinding for super bosses.***

Maybe? The hunts in the game basically become their own side game with its own pseudo plot and conclusion. In terms of character building, its basically the original License Board restructured to take into account assigning jobs to each character. The remaster lets you assign two jobs now compared to the old ps2 International Job Version. Yiazmat, Ultima, Zodiark and Omega Weapon should satiate your superboss needs.

The music is a disappointment so far, are there any great pieces later on in the game?

I like the more plinky, plonky emotive music from FF7 and 8....

Are there any parts in the game that could potentially make you cry? No spoilers please.

Its an entirely different composer from past mainline games. If you're not into bombastic and militant tunes you may not get much enjoyment out of XII's soundtrack. It does have a few more ethereal tracks later on at least. Personally I think its fantastic.

Probably not. Its not that kind of game. The characters and story serve more to propel the politics of the setting. Although who knows. You might connect with Fran's predicament or the issues Gabranth has to come to terms with.

You should play 3 on steam (if they fixed the bugs), 5 on mobile or an emulator, and then the side games, like bravely default and octopath.

I don’t particularly enjoy the political angle in games, I’ve shut off from the story already in fairness.

I’ve recently broken up with my girlfriend so have a lot of spare time on my hands, so I want to put time into it and get it completed at least.

Out of interest, did you enjoy 15? I played it for an hour and fucking hated the combat so much I couldn’t play anymore.

I played the original 3, didn’t enjoy it.

Played 5 and didn’t enjoy it either, I can’t remember why.

>5 on mobile

Good fucking god no don't ever suggest that to anyone. Not to say OP shouldn't experience V; its one of the best entries in the series. But the mobile remake was dogshit, and its a damn shame the Steam version uses that.

X has a better story but overall I like XII better for the freedom it gives to the player to explore and do side quests. Also despite X having a better story I like the characters from XII better.

You know what's worse is that this one got a sequel and they made it exclusive to the fucking DS.

Try Lost Odyssey if you can. It's pretty much a Final Fantasy game with a different name.

Lost Odyssey's problem is that it really is a Final Fantasy game in all but name. That means it also comes with a lot of the issues that have plagued past FFs.

FF12 had a sequel?

I never knew this.

Needless to say I won’t buy a DS for it.

FFXII is fun, expect a refined WRPG game rather than a JRPG game.

by refined, i mean, expect actually using some amount of strategy compared to a brain dead wrpg like skyrim. Either way, its a good bit of fun. Hunts are a lot of fun, especially the special hunts. The only real sidequests in the game are those hunts and some minor little things through the story. The bazaar essentially works like the synth shops from kingdom hearts 1 and 2 and will be how you get some of the best weapons in the game, and you can really abuse the system to get multiple end game weapons at once.

The game in general, if you are dedicated enough, can be broken pretty early. But that requires a lot of autism and time. Best thing to do is have fun mixing and matching jobs. Should be getting a patch soon that lets you change those jobs at any point if you talk to someone in the game. The switch version is getting it, so soon should the rest of the console versions.

black mage / monk is hands down one of the best builds, as is samurai / knight. Hell, even shikari/redmage is an incredible all arounder

Attached: 1550723278252.gif (250x250, 220K)

Worth mentioning that there are no good final fantasy sequels:

> Dirge of Cerberus - shit
> X2 - shit
> entire 13 series and it’s sequels in particular - shit
> FF4 After Years - shit

The only possible exception to this would be crisis core, which of course is a prequel so you could argue leaves it exempt. I didn’t particularly enjoy it anyway, it was just something to play whilst I was visiting China.

Yes, Revenant Wings. Don't bother, it's short as fuck and it's a rts.

What platform?

Which FF would you compare it mostly to?

Are there any FF references eg moogles, tonberry, Biggs, Wedge etc.

Ahhhh do remember having seen it actually, possibly blocked it out with it being DS

the original 12 is A tier
TZA would be C tier

Attached: FF Tiers.jpg (1450x1550, 411K)

Nice, the job system has made me anxious already.

I can’t help but feel ill fuck up the game with my irreversible choices.

What’s the difference?

Why zodiac age worse?

I thought it was just remastered?

That's why it's worse.

🙁

I'd compare it mostly with VI because of the atmosphere.

There are FF references, for example the two kids are exactly like Palom and Porom from FF IV and there's even a scene in which they almost get turned in ice (a reference from when Palom and Porim get turned into stone in FFIV) but instead it's the other two characters that turn freeze solid. But there are no direct references to FF.

Xbox one is currently the most optimal platform to play that game but who knows, they might port it to the PC in the future.

Original 12 is harder but also more boring because everyone is literally the same.
IZJS fixed this with the job system, people are no longer average at everything but are not exceptional at one thing. The game is easier, but requires a bit more though.
Zodiac age ruined the balance by allowing you to choose 2 jobs and apparently balancing the game to be easier because there was a ton of backlash from the western audience because they were too dumb to see how much better the locked job system was. Yes choosing a second job is optional, but even still you can now be exceptional at everything with certain job combos.

Also you can take rewards from the trial mode into the main game now through a little exploit, so you can get sword of kings or whatever its called really early, multiple of them if you are dedicated enough, and put them on everyone since they do not have a license board required to equip it.

>> X2 - shit

Wrong. Say what you will about the story, its got some of the best gameplay in the series.

I'd probably compare it more to IV, but that might be because Kaim goes through a similar situation as Cecil (stoic hardass learns to lighten up and let others in) and because of the kids.

>because there was a ton of backlash from the western audience

False, since the the original IZJS never saw release outside japan.

PS4 version is actually dog shit so even if you like it you fucked up.

Dumbass.

good gameplay, everything else is so unapolegetically bad that it isnt worth slogging through the game for just the gameplay. The way missions are set up is shit, the way you can permanently miss out on stuff unless you follow guides to a T is bullshit, the fact that you cannot skip cutscenes without permanently ruining your completion % until the next playthrough is dogshit retarded. The game was made on a shoe string budget and is designed to sell strategy guides.

The story is horrendous as well and everything they did to yuna is unforgivable. It is exceptionally cringe and the only saving grace of that game is rikku's new design and the combat. Who the FUCK is the punk bitch and why should i care about her moody assholery?

its a bad game

Attached: 1522530353252.jpg (186x246, 45K)

It was just silly, I can’t handle silliness.

not false, this all happened during the announcement of zodiac age. about 6 months after the announcement, square said they are implementing the double job system to be more inviting for players.
Being on any gameboard at the time, except for Yea Forums, there were tons of people complaining about being locked to a single job. They outright said they would not buy the game because of th e"limited freedom" and "dumb way to artificially increase difficulty"

these people are retards because they never researched a bit into it and did everything on gut instincts alone

Man I fucked up, I wanted to say VII not Vi. LO has the same kind of industrialized atmosphere with a moody atmosphere that oozes of magic everywhere. VI is more steam punk.

And I agree Kain is a bit like Cecil but the reason he's like that is because he outlived everyone he loved.

>Man I fucked up, I wanted to say VII not Vi.

I was curious about that, as I found very little of VI in LO. You're not wrong about the VII vibe though. Hell, I even felt a bit of X in spots. Really Lost Odyssey borrows a lot of little bits from various FFs if you look hard enough. Which makes sense considering Sakaguchi.

Either way I’m definitely interested.

Fucking Xbox though.....that’s a problem

FUCKKKKK

I just checked on Wikipedia - is Uematsu the music for it too???

Yes

nothing, literal retards who bought the original and the IZJS are mad for beta testing

Yea
youtube.com/watch?v=Ywzw9cHTrDk

I’m going to have to buy a 360 just for it. That’s my purchase this week....

Just had a flick through, it oozes Uematsu - Neverending Journey sounded like something taken straight out of 9.

On Lost Odyssey, going back to one of my original posts.

Does it have side content, super bosses and grinding characters levels up to it?

I’m excited, genuinely excited.