You know what the main issue with Sekiro is? Enemies do too much single hit damage

You know what the main issue with Sekiro is? Enemies do too much single hit damage.

It's almost ridiculous how much damage some of the mini bosses do in a single hit. You can have literally 90% (Not an exaggeration) of your health taken in one fell swoop. Couple that with the fact you only do minute chip damage when you hit them, and the combat basically feels like total unfair bullshit.

You know it's true.

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI
youtube.com/watch?v=zT35HWy_qvQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

maybe... don't get hit?

you're bad

You're not even supposed to be seen let alone hit.

>git gud, dont get hit etc etc

The game could be one life, every enemy kills in one hit and the responses would be the same. It's against the rules to discuss dificulty unless you are advocating on making the game harder because that makes you cool.

There’s no way to kill enemies that have 2 deathblows through stealth alone.

At least not that I’ve found

It's just Dark Souls 3 with arkham mechanics. It's a shit game.

Attached: 1554158472283.jpg (1400x915, 292K)

Attached: 3213231.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Imagine being worse at a game than an actual cripple

youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI

Attached: 2b alive.png (500x536, 443K)

The only real objective problem about the game is the fucking AWFUL camera. Like jesus christ From, you've had so many games to improve the fucking camera and you still manage to make it even worse than before.

Attached: 1542940552474.png (169x302, 44K)

You have the posture gauge that you put on the line before you make a mistake and the enemy takes your HP. Just block and deflect.

You forgot:
>The horrible sharpness of the visuals
>Every environment in the main area looking exactly the same
>The graphical 'mesh' being clearly visible when hiding in long grass
>The hit and miss nature of blocking/parrying
>The cumbersome and awkward jumping

Sekiro is far from perfect, even when you look at it from a purely technical stance.

What's awkward about jumping? I think it's tight, very useful in combat too.

>I think it's tight

Fucking hell, have you even played it? It's so unresponsive and clunky it isn't even funny. Particular double jumping. Double jumping to a ledge is pure hit and miss. It's really, really bad.

It took me a few hours to get used to the delay that comes from jumping while sprinting (trade-off being extended distance) but in combat and for general platforming, jumping is fine. The other user is full of shit.

>The horrible sharpness of the visuals
huh?
>Every environment in the main area looking exactly the same
so you don't like that a big castle town is big? You don't have to go that far to see some other types of environments
>The graphical 'mesh' being clearly visible when hiding in long grass
pass
>The hit and miss nature of blocking/parrying
wah i have to learn how to time a button press
>The cumbersome and awkward jumping
maybe you should play the game on a tv without input lag

I'm playing it and I see no problems with the jumping.

How many action games have you played? The camera is fine, just be mindful of the corners.

>TV with input lag

This isn't 2008, user. All TV's nowadays are -10ms. The lag isn't from the TV, it's from the game itself. It isn't even lag, it's just poor coding. Jumping is unresponsive, laggy and clunky in Sekiro. Deal with it.

You deal with it, I'm having fun with it.

>I suck, so it's the game's fault!

Curious, what platform are you playing it on?

>single hit damage
if they didnt the game would be too easy
ng+ is already a cakewalk with the bell on

Gave up ok genichiro I know his every move but my posture bar always fails because it’s less that half the size of his fuck this dumb time sink of a nip game

I only wished there was different DANGER signs, like blue for a thrust, green for a sweep and red for a grab, but I know for a lot of people this would make the game absurdly easy to them

Every time you're backed against a wall the camera goes batshit, goddamn. It always makes me rage something fierce when I die because of this.

I dont think it would be too easy because you still have to time the input, and if you built the game around this system you could tighten the windows

Attached: 3-11.jpg (800x492, 78K)

They have different wind up animations anyway, just look at the enemy and not the kanji.

It's extremely punishing, but not really unfair. It requires plenty of memorization and learning like most oldschool games, but that's what makes it satisfying to the demographic that's into this.

I'd say the early game in particular is fucking garbage because everything kills you in two hits, you have a single potion and zero sustain abilities like the healing deathblow you can get later. That made for one wonky-ass difficulty curve where the very beginning was pure hell, then later on it's way less punishing and more fun overall.

Xbone X.

Why?

the random run of the mill enemies feel way too easy and I'm not even going for stealth kills. the only ones that gave me any trouble were the flailing ninjas on the roof of ashina castle and the flailing monks in senpou temple.
The bosses feel really fair actually and I like where they are balance wise. the mini-bosses are actually the hardest part of the game.

Attached: 1538698424213.jpg (888x1332, 238K)

The areas are boring. Sunken valley and mount senpou and getting to the top of ashina castle is cool. Abandoned dungeon, hirata estate and fountainhead suck ass. The areas don’t even feel that big

Don't defend shit coding.

The jumping IS clunky. If you cant feel the obvious delay on every jump press you might be fucking stupid. You know it's there.

It zooms in too much, which limits the view you have. Also you can see the graphical meshing when the camera does this, which is really sloppy.

Nah you're a fag, it's got issues but that's not one of them. The attacks that take out 90% of your health are VERY well telegraphed, you can easily run away and take a sippy during every single boss fight, you've got revives that you can recharge, and a parry/block button that literally lets you get away with panicked mashing 90% of the time. And are you seriously whining that bosses are unfair? Nigger they're supposed to be unfair otherwise they wouldn't be bosses, and they wouldn't even be fun to beat. Single player games are all about overcoming overwhelming odds, wanting them to be fair is retarded.

Of course I have. It's unacceptable that when the camera hits a wall it will just do a 180 and untarget whatever you were looking at.

Maybe it has delay on consoles, I don't know. I don't feel any delay on PC.

>Sunken Valley
>Cool

It's just a bunch of grappling hook platforming.

>fountainhead sucks
disliked

The camera is shit compared to previous From games. Genichiro even tries to actively outrun the camera/turnspeed in his topless mode
They even fucked the free camera, you need the lockon in this game while in Souls games one of the tips is to avoid using lock-on

It's not tight at all. Even in combat it gets sometimes delay but you won't get hit because you get some kind of bonus i-frames or whatever. I don't know how many times I jumped too late against the ape's right arm swipe and still got away with it. Sometimes I barely jumped at all and was completely in the attacks range.
It also seems kind of inconsistent sometimes. Sometimes I press attack but fucked up because there is an incoming attack (eg. thrust) but when I press dodge, I still get to do the mikiri counter. Sometimes it doesn't, other times I can't even get a block off.

TVs have input lag but it's because of those fancy settings. Just turn them off. Most if not all TVs even have a console-mode that turns all of the shit off for you

user my honest, 100% advice is this:

MANY mini bosses have ways you can sneak up and take away one of their deathblow thingies. Once you've done this, I advise you fight and hold your ground. Parry/mikiri counter every thing. Don't try to run, just fully parry everything and strike often. The trick in this game is there are few attacks that enemies won't reaction to, you can cancel most of their animations due to them blocking it. This means their next attack will be very predictable.

I hope you are having a lot of sex OP

Attached: 1553231836369.gif (320x240, 2.15M)

>The camera is shit compared to previous From games.
Sekiro is also much faster, and has more mobility options than Souls. There's more variables for the camera to handle.

>you get some kind of bonus i-frames or whatever
The jump has i-frames, just like the dodge. Like I said, it's tight on my side.

>It also seems kind of inconsistent sometimes
You can cancel the wind up animation of your attacks, it helps with deflecting.

>All TV's nowadays are -10ms
Sweet delusion. The better models are around 26 ms after you activate game mode, 100+ if you don't activate it.

bloodborne had the same thing

My main grip with Sekiro is that while it's trying to not be a Souls ripoff, it is very much it aside from the deflect/counter mechanic. I find the logic of the gameplay is very much Souls like, the stealth and agility components are not well implemented. The level design isn't up to the challenge either. And of course the fucking camera.

The stealth is there to initiate. It's a substitute for coop and grinding, you can use it to gain advantage.

>while it's trying to not be a Souls ripoff, it is very much it
I don't think it's anything like Souls. I didn't like Souls, and I'm having a blast with Sekiro.

>and has more mobility options than Souls
Dedicated jump button and the hook, and those things don't work sometimes.
Don't give me that dumb excuse when it doesn't work for combat. Especially the free camera should still work but the mechanics are almost dependant on that shit to work.

>The jump has i-frames, just like the dodge. Like I said, it's tight on my side.
It's not tight, sometimes he doesn't react or does late which is where the very lenient i-frames come in.
I wouldn't call it tight when sometimes I don't get to grapple a point or when Sekiro jumps across the room when I jump on a sweep attack and want to punish that.
>You can cancel the wind up animation of your attacks, it helps with deflecting.
With what? Sometimes I do the shit I did before and it works or doesn't against the same attack.
It's not all the time, but just sometimes. It still works well after all

Well with the level design I think the stealth is a badly implemented feature to help thin out the enemies. Usually it's just getting to the air and deathblowing who can be.

The whole game is Souls like. The whole system of Idol, of the temple, minibosses and bosses, experience loss, etc. It just almost completely deleted the RPG mechanics. But I think that while there is good ideas (the deflect one for example) it's a game that didn't separated itself enough of his heritage.

>You know what the main issue with Sekiro is

That the gamepaly is boring trash, yes.

i beat gyoubu on my first try today after i heard my friend complaining about him for the last few days so i feel pretty good

It's almost cute that you find your own opinion to be so important.

>about to fight drunk fuck
>hes got a mob of npcs your supposed to srealth to death
>npc right before him
>blabla honor blabla warrior something
>charges like a moron into the group
>dies for horaba combat and in the proccess of trying too keep him alive die myself
>dragon rot increases

Its like being a white phantom all over again

While i agree with what youre stating I enjoy this about the game, infact its my most favourite aspect of it.

>With what?
With blocking, but maybe with anything judging by your post, I'll try it out.
>Sometimes I do the shit I did before
Are you mashing? The game might be queuing up your actions. I'm not mashing, so I can't say for sure.

Clear out the mobs, lose the drunk's aggro, stealth deathblow him and only then talk to the samurai.

>ids bad bcuz ids too hard (((((((((((

The idol/bonefire are simply checkpoints, albeit very smart ones since the player is in charge of triggering them, they don’t make you waste time by having you save, you can reset the level etc. Honestly, you could replace the dragon statues in Ninja Gaiden Black by idols and it wouldn’t make it a souls games, it’d just make the game a bit better.

>finally kill headless monkey and corrupted monk after 2 days
>fucking ninja guy and his butt buddy in Ashina Castle bring me right back to square one
When does my ass stop getting raped in this game?

Attached: 1512831937192.jpg (400x400, 26K)

This game goes against everything the previous games taught you and it makes shit difficult when your muscle memory works against you.

It’s a clever fight, dude. You can make it very easy by clearing the adds, getting a stealth hit on Juzou and then inviting the samurai. Or you can be a beast and do it all yourself while dealing with Juzou and the adds. Or anything inbetween.

Oh my god please unironically git gud, I haven't seen a valid complaint about the game other than its too hard.

>Are you mashing? The game might be queuing up your actions. I'm not mashing, so I can't say for sure.
Sometimes, like when I pressed a button (eg. using an item, dodge) and I don't see the character reacting but I then press that button maybe twice. I admit that I sometimes mash the L1 button
Mikiri counter is also weird, it's very easy to do but sometimes I just straight dodge past the enemy. I don't take damage but miss out on the punishment and I'm very certain that I pressed the dodge button once.
>With blocking, but maybe with anything judging by your post, I'll try it out.
I think by pressing R1 you can cancel the long animation after Ichimonji (Double). I tried blocking but I still got hit in the recovery animation or whatever it's called

Yes by itself it's not an argument, it's the global functioning that is like the Souls games.

You just reminded me of Ninja Gaiden, I bought the Xbox just for this game, good times.

If an enemy is doing like 90% damage it's probably because you were hit while dodging or facing away, like in the previous games. Imo that mechanic wasn't really necessary in Sekiro since you already have enough to take care of manging and your and your enemies health and posture and given how fragile Wolf.

I took High monk just for lone shadow fuckers, hate those guys

Check out this video, might clarifying something for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=zT35HWy_qvQ

It mentions the queuing and canceling.

>Mikiri counter is also weird, it's very easy to do but sometimes I just straight dodge past the enemy
Sounds like you're too close. The timing is very easy, you only have to delay the B press slightly if the enemy is far away, so that the spear reaches you when you dodge into it.

You can stealth the goon and even puppeteer him to help you fight the other guy.

>Sounds like you're too close. The timing is very easy, you only have to delay the B press slightly if the enemy is far away, so that the spear reaches you when you dodge into it.
I dodge right into them but go past them.

I'll check out the video. I mean I know a bit about queuing from the Souls games but something feels a bit off sometimes.

You'll go past them if you're too close. Keep your distance when anticipating thrusts.

>Every environment in this single area looks the same
Kys faggot, of course a single area is going to have the same type of environment.

What am I supposed to do when they do the thrust right in front of me?

inflated difficulty is done like this. have enemies deal ton of damage. 1 or 2 mistake and you are dead and you see faggots cheering how hard the game is .

>babby vilehand
>"When does my ass stop getting raped in this game"

He doesnt know about Sword Saint yet

Or Demon of Hatred

not true. The game serves a distinct niche based on the demanding nature of the inputs. This isn't souls. You're only going to get through a given encounter by doing what it asks you to. It's not about chip damage as the op mentions. It's about timing the rhythm of thlose deflects so well that you get to the opening for a deathblow.

It's rough but you're supposed to get an endorphin rush when you do finally pull it off. A game isn't immediately bad if it's not your thing and v just doesn't understand that

>forgot reaction imag

Attached: kisspng-pepe-the-frog-pol-4chan-anonymous-frog-5ad37bf46b7580.9438093015238092684402.jpg (900x840, 112K)

I think you can still mikiri them, it's just that if you press it early you will end up dashing past them.

There is a bit of a delay before parry is active. I have one of the fastest HDTVs on the market so it's not that. There is a little animation between pressing the button and when parry is actually active, it's pretty bullshit

Nope, playing on PS4 here no delay. user is probably running the game on a toaster.

I do sometimes, I play on PC. But it's often when I get around fast and not in combat.
I don't know how many times I fell down a cliff because I couldn't get off a ledge/tree and fucked up when it finally worked