10/10 beautiful graphics that rival if not beat (at least in scenery) metal slug

>10/10 beautiful graphics that rival if not beat (at least in scenery) metal slug
>10/10 gameplay that progressively gets more difficult while adding more and more obstacles
>builds upon a single dash mechanic beautifully
>best controls of any game i've ever played, YOU dictate where madeline moves
>in-game timer for speedrunners
>Yea Forums completely ignores it
i don't mean to call this board spoiled modern gamers who want every obstacle in their way in a video game to be a cakewalk to overcome, but that's exactly what it is.

Attached: Celeste.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uD6xX8oZ3dE?t=287
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I wanna be the guy ripoff but "platforms represent depression" pathetic oscarbait story.

>i wanna be the guy
you mean invisible traps and unfair gameplay? a-user, people like that game BECAUSE of how unfair and stupid it is, not because they like the game itself. and user, if you don't like the story you can skip EVERY cutscene in the game

You're fucking delusional with all the points you made.

The gameplay is great.

>and user, if you don't like the story you can skip EVERY cutscene in the game

>t. upset zoomer who couldnt get passed the first stage

But dude it gets more difficult as it goes on, and when you press right madeline moves right! You choose where she goes!

jumping and dashing is literally a platformer user, it's what developers do to build upon those simple mechanics that make celeste such a fun game to play
youtu.be/uD6xX8oZ3dE?t=287
they also managed to turn it into a fun collect-a-thon with the strawberries and rewards skilled players with the b sides

Indie platformers are shit.

>i have an opinion
k

Attached: The story of anon.jpg (381x484, 169K)

would rather play symphony of the night it's 100x better

Its simply a fact that IWBTG clones are bad games.

You're trying too much.🐷

Attached: Baba.png (240x240, 1K)

Their game design is trash.

Attached: Indie shit.png (1382x536, 9K)

The game has the first though too, gold strawberries require you to perfect the entire stage.

You call every platformer IWBTG clone?
And I see no difference in those you drew, just a matter of scale.
You still haven't said why celeste's design is shit.

Congrats, you got this (YOU).

>rival or beat Metal Slug
Surely you can't be serious

>Comparing celeste's mediocre pixelshit graphics to metal slug godlike spritework

Attached: 0f8de7cbaac4b50a5c0511ae63e12a80.gif (272x269, 831K)

>rival if not beat (at least in scenery) metal slug

Love this game. I've spent 98 hours in this game so far, I have 197 golden strawberries now.

It's really cool how the game opens up in greater and greater depths: the challenge goes from understanding the mechanics, understanding the gimmicks, beating B-sides, beating C-sides, and finally mastering everything altogether for golden strawberries. The golden strawberries really do open up a lot of replayability for each difficult level too, particularly the B-sides, because you can't cheese through anything with a million deaths anymore, you absolutely have to figure out how to master it. I also made all that progress without a guide, so I figured out all the crystal hearts on my own and mastered each level on my own.

It's that kind of good game; it rewards mastery, and that's what I really enjoy about it. I honestly didn't think I'd beat Summit/Core B-side or any C-side level at first, but when you persevere and put in the tries, you find yourself getting the C-side golden strawberries pretty quickly and a few B-sides as well, with a lot of persevering. Core B-side golden strawberry was definitely the hardest one I've got though; I only have Reflection B-side, Summit B-side, and the no-dash challenge left. Reflection B-side is annoying but probably doable, I'll probably use a guide for just the no-dash challenge, but Summit B-side...... I'm expecting that to be the hardest golden strawberry (and overall achievement) in the game.

Unironically one of the best games of the last two console Gens

I disagree with the first but the rest is pretty on point

But fuck the crystal heart shit.
It's a stain on a great game.

Attached: 1549796694418.jpg (280x330, 58K)

>Keeping the players time in mind and letting them perfect their run if they want to with Golden Strawberries while not wasting their time by letting them redo the challenge they need to learn to complete instead of making them do past 5+ challenges they already beat

Naw boy, They've got the consumer interests in mind. Theres literally no reason to push someone back 1+ minutes because they hit a bed of spikes other than to be a cumbersome punishing time waster of a game.

Attached: 1553614485139.png (367x337, 306K)

>generic indie pixel graphics
>beautiful

I think because played a ton of dead cells and hollow knight this game felt way too restrictive. The trials games seem like a way better version of the concept

>punishing time waster of a game
ah yes i forgot how productive playing video games were

Imagine being so dense you think all platformers are IWBTG.
That game was fucking terrible and is only well known for being among the first "troll" games. Stop trying so hard to hate everything you suspect Tumblr likes.

Well of course, its a form of leisure, made to engage and stimulate.

Last thing I want to do when playing a form of leisure is to be thinking about when I'll perish from the earth as I'm waiting for a loading screen to send me back 15 minutes to redoing a section of a game I've already beaten, JUST to be annoying.

I just think "Ok, thats enough of this trash" and move on.

I don't appreciate having to play the same levels I beat over and over just to get a chance to try my hand at the hard part once before dying again and again. I'd rather use a save state or a quicksave to avoid that shit. Matt knows this, which is why each screen is a checkpoint in Celeste. The harder levels have longer screens, and challenges that deny you your precious checkpoints, forcing you to master the entire level. But you can only do those after you've experienced the level the first time so you can practice it.

That's good game design.

Over rated.

This game is fucking amazing, but the problem is that people associate it with SJW bullshit.

One of my personal GOAT.

It’s a great game but is hampered by its gay ass theming and art. It’s a millennial hipster’s wet dream

>Yea Forums completely ignores it
It's been over a year now and there was an abnormal amount of Celeste threads being spammed for months after release so fuck off.

>I'd rather use a save state or a quicksave to avoid that shit
God what a casual faggot.

>I too enjoy wasting my time doing the same levels over and over meaninglessly
I bet you fight every enemy on your way to retry a Bloodborne boss again, don't you?

wow
you're trying too hard now

>I'll perish from the earth as I'm waiting for a loading screen to send me back 15 minutes to redoing a section of a game I've already beaten
>I don't appreciate having to play the same levels I beat over and over

it's called practice
If you need a game to handhold you, just admit it, but it's not good game design, it's just exactly what you equate it to, a save state for people who need it

That's not "design" at all, it's literally a save state

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 148K)

"wasting time" is not a valid criticism of a game actually punishing you for your mistakes as video games are always a waste of time technically.

>10/10 beautiful graphics that rival if not beat (at least in scenery) metal slug

Attached: 1544435596449.jpg (1920x1080, 202K)

Attached: celeste.png (924x606, 119K)

Honestly having played the game, I don't really see what the SJW lib complaints are really about.

Sure we got Theo being a black dude who references instagram and his sister is a civil rights lawyer, but that's kinda it. Those things don't even have a bearing on the themes of the story, it's just there to round out Theo as a side character and not just a silly doofus. Mr. Oshiro and Granny felt like they could've been anime characters based on how they were designed and written, and Badeline felt like a universal type of character and not related to SJWs in any way.

Like, let's be real. SJWs, libs, tranny culture are about acting like your problems can and should be solved by someone else doing things for you. Celeste is completely themed around getting over your problems yourself through self-determination and taking responsibility, and even about abandoning people like Mr. Oshiro who refuse to get over themselves. If this were a lib game, there'd be references to mental health and therapy and xanax or something, and it would be pushed into your face, Madeline would be made a latina, whatever. What I like about Celeste is that it communicates its themes artistically, through the chapter designs and music, rather than making everything explicit.

user that's barely even pixel art anymore

I agree, abortion is beautiful and women should have the right, no the PRIVILEGE of killing their unborn children!

THANK YOU CELESTE FOR TEACHING WOMEN IT CAN BE NOT ONLY FREEING BUT FUN TO KILL UNBORN CHILDREN!

Attached: dead babies are good.png (1698x866, 997K)

Imagine being so angry at the truth you have to lie. Blatant iwbtg clone being an iwbtg clone doesn't mean "all platformers" are.

lmao you zoomed in on a screenshot user what the fuck did you expect? you arent fooling anyone

Attached: Switch_Celeste_Screen6.png (1920x1080, 195K)

jesus both of them was talking about her dark self, stop being a sonyfag

That looks horrendous.

Sure, i wanna see you say those things again when you play side-b of any of the stages, or side-c

you cunt

i've already completed the game 101% since i'm not a garbage spoiled modern gamer like you

If the gameplay music visuals etc. were the exact same but the story wasn't about depression or abortion or some other thing what would it be rated on metacritic

lfuckingmao

What's so bad about the game being about overcoming depression anyway? The game does so pretty tastefully imo.

Also what the fuck, where is abortion mentioned anywhere in the game ever?
Wait a minute.... could those monster in the mirror temple and the past regrets be related to abortion? Could this be what Badeline means when she says "it's all your fault"? That phone call in chapter 2 was from an ex boyfriend, right? I mean there's no explicit mention of abortion but I guess when I think about it, I can kinda understand the speculating (if it's not just shitposting).

is that supposed to look good or something?

why the fuck are people even talking about the story? from what i remember all the reviews of celeste mainly focused on the gameplay and barely mentioned the story, at most saying the characters were likeable

>graphics that rival if not beat (at least in scenery) metal slug
nah

abortion meme is shitposting

Liar, only try hards complete 100% of the game and no one on Yea Forums is competent enough for that

How do you like posts?

Um it was big here when it released.

Yeah this is becoming a real problem. Shit like Celeste and Undertale are hyped up as the absolute pinnacle of vidya because they were made to appeal to these people.

Perhaps, but you can get close.

Attached: 798789324324.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

I’d get it but I’m already spending money on Mario Maker 2 and getting cuphead on switch. Then getting CTR on my ps4.

All I can give is a tendy for Celeste anons.

Honestly, it probably depends on how much you enjoy the game and how much you use a guide. I only have 3 more golden strawberries left, and I still refuse to use a guide for anything that isn't the no-dash run (if you got that golden strawberry without looking anything up, I bet you're bullshitting). I'm pretty sure you can go look up consistent strategies for each of the B-side golden strawberries, which are by far the hardest golden strawberries in the game. Personally I think that would take the fun away because some of the most satisfaction comes from fine-tuning your own consistent strategies to B-side challenges, but you could go do that if you wanted to get them with less effort and time I guess.

Each section ends up having some sort of consistent strategy to help you get through though, you can definitely figure things out with enough practice. It's not like you're throwing dumb lives at something over and over and relying on RNG to pass, which is one of my favorite parts of Celeste's design. Realizing you could let go of the traffic blocks and dash up in the first C-side was what made me feel cut out for the golden strawberries. Figuring out you can movely slightly away from a wall to consistently bounce on the mirror temple enemies was super satisfying too, and finding a way through that goddamn 3-lava 3-ice cycle room in Core B was really cool too.

Oh wow hah, I wasn't there for that but no wonder people shit on Celeste so much here. It's Undertale all over again; popular and vaguely friendly to lib themes.