EASY MODE JOURNALISTS BTFO

EASY MODE JOURNALISTS BTFO

youtu.be/tso8u4OJLuI

Attached: 4514B1AF-6D3B-4B76-B491-BFA1F9B0A607.jpg (750x831, 399K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lcvw1E0Mcac
youtu.be/S2Ws2vibGlg?t=49
clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/30/sekiro-sales-impress-worldwide/)
youtube.com/watch?v=vfIn9OqhZWo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How can he be quadriplegic if he has arms

B-but it needs an easy mode

wouldn't be easier if he was using the special xbox controller?

Attached: 1483928465870.jpg (680x941, 90K)

That doesn't prove why it doesn't need an easy mode.

Why don't journos just watch a walktrough video?

they probably do, but they wont tell anybody about that

>no bell
>no PoH

Yup, easy mode.

HAHAHAHA imagine half of Yea Forums is worse at video games than quadriplegic.
imagine being THAT BTFOd, how does it feel?

Nonononono, now my 20 tweet essay has gone to waste! Those cripples should've just let me use them as an excuse for the industry to pander to shitters like me!

Attached: twit.png (618x889, 81K)

Eat shit and die scrub!

do you want them to change the rules of basketball so it is easier for lazy faggots to have fun too? how about we make it so you can move whatever pieces wherever you want in chess, huh? Maybe give you unlimited boost in mario kart as a handicap? Stop being such a fucking retard and play a game that doesnt make you cry out in pain you buttblasted degenerate. jesus christ, the game is slightly difficult, so git gud. the entire fucking point of the game is that its hard, so if you go changing the rules then what is the point? watch someone elses playthrough if youre too much of a pathetic faggot to play it yourself. holy FUCKING SHIT

Attached: Screenshot_164.png (351x552, 200K)

why do we care about journos again?

I mean, there's wheelchair basketball, but you can argue that's actually more difficult than regular basketball.

Honestly pretty based

Its amazing how transparent these "arguments" are for "HELP I CAN'T PLAY GAME AND I DON'T WANT TO LEARN OR PRACTICE! MAKE IT EASIER FOR ME OR I SCREAM! I SCREAM!"

>journos complained that DMC doesnt have good music because its constantly muted during combat

>there are twice as many disabled people as there are non-disabled people
Imagine actually believing this

I think this guy is disabled but that doesn't really excuse the behaviour. I do sympathise with people who have physical impairments but a creative vision shouldn't be compromised. Honestly it's astounding that we have a game like Sekiro being published by Activision.

Playing hard games doesn't make you a better person and it won't make people actually respect you

Okay? Now try without using your hands retard

I honestly can't stand you fags and your "creative vision" bullshit. It's a product, made to sell and make money. The creator is charged with making something that will sell, not with something a faggot can jerk himself off about how they have good taste for liking it

It somewhat invalidates any opinion you have regarding difficulty if you struggle with something a disabled person can complete.

Reminder that easy mode shouldn't exist.

Cope

Journalists are ALMOST as bad as jannies and trannies.

Those are other people's arms.

git gud

Believe it or not you can have both

git gud

Tbf, it is like that on Yea Forums and 4channel

Deflection, make an actual argument faggot. I've played and finished all of the Souls games. Y the way but I can't stand the retards who want to pat themselves on the back for playing those types of games and using the "artistic vision" excuse

No they aren't.

Make an argument. I have played and finished the games, I just don't like the infantile fans. Difficulty fags are one of the most cancerous bases in gaming next to Smash fags

Regardless, don't talk to as if it's the all serving element of a game that's intended as a product because it isn't

selling point is that its a difficult game. Selling point of hot sauces is that they're hot. Go tell a 10mil scoville sauce to turn it down a notch because limp wristed betas think its too spicy

Attached: girlgamer2.jpg (561x692, 54K)

No they aren't what retard?

Gamers rise up!

He has 4 legs

Dumb double negative poster

Attached: 1550194796003.jpg (700x702, 66K)

What the game is has nothing to do with using the "artistic vision" reasoning you idiot. My point is that using that as an argument is fucking stupid and needs to be done away with. The game is a product, not art and you aren't a good conniseuor for liking it

>"artistic vision"
making the game difficult is the artists' vision.

Attached: hahgay.jpg (205x238, 21K)

>Regardless, don't talk to as if it's the all serving element of a game that's intended as a product because it isn't
It is though...

>When you're so bad at your job a quadriplegic does it better than you for free

Attached: 1525884097906.jpg (250x251, 11K)

How do you know that? You're simply presuming

Presuming, once again

>these people are stupid because they don't realise easy mode is actually hard mode for less skilled players
How stupid do you have to be to actually believe that? That's such an insane oversimplification. An experienced player playing on hard mode and a new player playing on easy mode are not the same thing at all, the only thing that's similar is how often they die or how much they struggle with things. But there's way more to a game than that. I'm pretty sure these people are being wilfully ignorant.
Also why is it even a choice between 3,000,000 playing a game and 1,000,000 playing a game when only a small handful play on easy mode? I actually don't get what he's trying to say here. All 3,000,000 of those people can play the game anyway unless they're severely disabled. The main difference is if they enjoy difficulty or not, and if you don't enjoy difficulty you won't enjoy the gameplay on Sekiro because that's what it's built around. If you made your HP super high so it's way easier then it wouldn't be fun for anyone, people would get bored super quickly. I guarantee you nobody would enjoy an easy Sekiro, it goes from a 9/10 game that's maybe a bit niche and not for people who don't like difficulty to a 4/10 game that nobody can enjoy. And the whole "player choice" thing doesn't matter because you cannot trust players to make the choice that's best for them.
God people are so stupid

Have you ever see a woman play vidya?. This guy is Daigo Umehara compared to the best female player

Attached: 1553624142102.jpg (699x761, 232K)

>How do you know that?
Because they made the game difficult

Attached: girlgamers2.jpg (1919x997, 364K)

>quadriplegic
>Has two functioning arms
????

I think everyone who wants an easy mode in Sekiro is fucking retarded but the argument just isn't about being able to beat Sekiro. Many people don't enjoy challenge, I don't know why those people still feel entitled to play challenging games regardless but it's how it is.

Is it normal for there to so much slowmo?

desu most people in general are bad at vidya women tend to not care for it so there's even less good female players

To be fair vidya "journalists" are mentally handicapped, not physically disabled.

I think it more of provides more reasons why the difficulty in this game is a meme purported by normalfags who've haven't played many action games. Now I don't mind an easy mode, and I know you're going to say, but user thats casual! However most normalfags here never play ng+ in games, never play hard modes in action games, never 1cc. So if them putting an easy mode means we get a proper elder hard mode then yes I'd be for it. Some retard mashing his way through easy won't take the challenge away from hard mode if done properly. If Sekiro gets a mode al la Master Ninja or infinite climax I wouldn't mind it, but it has to be a tradeoff for something.

Attached: 1415683873575.jpg (342x359, 37K)

🙁

I'm willing to bet that these are the people who always lost when playing multiplayer games but they never learned to have fun or improve.

>SEKIRO NEEDS AN EASY MODE
>Why because you're terrible at video games
>N-NO IT'S UH, IT'S F-FOR THE DISABLED! YEAH, THAT'S IT! I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP THE POOR DISABLED BECAUSE I'M A GOOD PERSON YOU SH-SHITLORD

Attached: 1533585318028.png (1832x1734, 1.96M)

Corrupted monk is easy, i want to see him beat sword saint.

lmao, I love how these dipshits think it's some kinda freak accident or something

he beat the entire game

Does the lack of testosterone actually lengthen your reaction times? Are there any studies on the subject?

If profit was the sole motivation behind all videogames we wouldn't be having this discussion, because Sekiro would already have the easy mode to increase its potential audience and sales. The very fact that it doesn't is proof that the creative vision of Miyazaki/From takes precedent over making money, and that you're a fucking moron.

What’s the deal with the fucking ogre? Why does everyone act like he’s the hardest thing ever? Even the general that’s just after him is harder since he has all three types of 危ぶない。

Attached: 1545444250055.jpg (1355x1452, 228K)

Hidetaka Miyazaki: We don't want to include a difficulty selection because we want to bring everyone to the same level of discussion and the same level of enjoyment," Miyazaki said. "So we want everyone … to first face that challenge and to overcome it in some way that suits them as a player.
We want everyone to feel that sense of accomplishment. We want everyone to feel elated and to join that discussion on the same level. We feel if there's different difficulties, that's going to segment and fragment the user base. People will have different experiences based on that [differing difficulty level]. This is something we take to heart when we design games. It's been the same way for previous titles and it's very much the same with Sekiro.

It did sell not their fault you're terrible at it.

imagine

UH EXCUSE ME MR NAZI BUT YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PUT IN EFFORT TO BE REWARDED STOP BEING SO FUCKING BIGOTED NOW WHERE IS MY PLATINUM TROPHY FOR BRIEFLY PARTICIPATING
t. game """journalist"""

Does anyone remember that shitty journalist in IGN bitching over the fact the fact that bloodborne didn't have a map system. How retarted do you have to be to get lost in that game? It's pretty much straightforward

Attached: 1551350547237.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Imagine complaining that something that can be beaten by literal children and people with no functioning limbs is too hard

Attached: B3D3580A-B787-4C54-87FC-F7F7DDA1B9B0.jpg (1242x1334, 596K)

Wtf, i thought the definition of quadriplegic was "cant move none of his arms and legs"

Journalists can never recover from this one.

I agree with his points, but then why were there summons in all other souls games?

>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY DOESN'T THE GAME TELL ME WHERE TO GO AT ALL TIMES NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 2/10 - IT'S AMAZING NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Handicapped people should just be put down like niggers. They don't contribute with anything to out society, fucking retards.

[THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE COCA-COLA COMPANY]

Attached: 1552593541328.jpg (1400x976, 186K)

if you make a hobby out of it, enjoy difficult games and all that, unlike these journalist normies, it might not seem as hard as they make it out to be

>they probably do, but they wont tell anybody about that
But they all get early releases to push out reviews as soon as possible.

He’s right. When I killed the horse man after 25 tries I was overjoyed, screaming FUCK YOU DIRTY NIGGER! FUCK YOU! YEEEES

This handicapped boi just irrelevantated half of the difficulty whiners so fugg off

>B-but games are for everyone! Including shitters like me!
Reminder that these are the same people who’ll say “You’re not the target audience” when a game panders to the woke crowd.

Attached: DAC2C3EC-D985-4EF1-ADDE-70EE1AB44907.jpg (210x240, 19K)

Part of the fun of From’s games is memorizing the map and shorter ways to get places by opening up shortcuts and shit. A map would defeat the purpose of the game

>conniseuor

I laffed

connoisseur or connaisseur

I'm all for full button customability but this journalist mode shit is retarded

That is forbidden.
Handicapped people CAN NOT be allowed to seem any smarter than the average fellow white man.

Attached: 1552648765348.png (1246x1488, 825K)

Multplayer games nowadays have matchmaking that put scrubs playing with scrubs

How the fuck do these faggots have a job reviewing and talking about video games when they suck ass at them?

Attached: 1549667185290.png (562x389, 194K)

Custom button mapping and accessibility options like subtitles for audio and sounds colorblind settings, and other shit that professionals say will aid disabled gamers, yeah. Lowering the games difficulty is pandering shit though.

>actually more difficult than regular basketball.
If they got wheels they can ramp off stuff for sick air time. Seems easier.

-__THE__MAN_EXQUISITE__- Drop likes for my mother who is battling cancer!

the dumbest thing is that people dont realize that they are actally struggling against their own shit brain memory, the game does everything it can to teach you that you need to go in and block and deflect shit, once the combat clicks and you gain a few upgrades the game combat truly shines

how would they even make it easier? by giving you more health/attack? arent there already candy that helps with that?

these people just dont want to learn a new thing, they are better off watching a youtube playthrough rather than stir shit in social media, yea im pissed

I think he was implying that the game would sell more if it was accessible.

>most of Yea Forums is so shit that they are outdone by a fucking quadriplegic
TOP FUCKING KEK

Attached: 1331681743192.png (477x700, 419K)

>professional reviewer doesn't understand the most basic mechanics of a game he's being paid to review as his career
>"he's mocking THE DISABLED!"

Attached: 1553588541251.png (326x281, 164K)

mad respect for the dude. just proves that video game "journalists" are worthless subhumans.

you are a worthless subhuman shit eating brainlet. kys for failing so hard as a human being

Attached: the current state of modern video game 'journalism'.webm (640x360, 2.32M)

go larp on Retardera.

Cunnysseur

>smarter
having no legs does not affect your IQ you banana dingus.

they are offended sensible persons, let them be

I wish all romance movies would have an action version made of them too, I don't like romance films and they're too hard for me to get through.

Reminder that if you subscribe to the games as art creed then you must accept no Sekiro's difficulty as part of the dev's creative vision.

That's why enemy location/attack indicator, enemy health bars, boss health bars, compass, auto-lock as a part of the HUD is a fail in the God of War. They are on by default, promote bad play but most importantly bad and lazy gameplay design. The game is much better without them yet since they are in the devs didn't have to account for that.

being hard is not the problem

being a shit game is

It's kind of like that girl who played DaS3 with a DDR pad
Like sure, it's cool, but what does it prove? That the game can be played with almost any controller setup if you play it enough to know what to do? Same could be said for any game

i wish they add an easy mode on the next game, that locks you out of the best ending/ boss battles, whatever

there should also be a reward for people that put in the effort to learn the game, else i can also whine on twitter

based

If their arguments were simply "We suck" then they could be dismissed by telling them to git gud, but they're using people with handicaps as a shield to shame FROM and deflect criticism. It's fucking disgusting that the narrative has become "FROM is insensitive to people with disabilities" simply because game journos are super fucking casuals. They nothing better to write because they got walled by the miniboss in he tutorial.

Journalists will pretend that they want easy modes for the sake of accessibility but the reality is that they're all just total faggots who want their jobs to be made even easier than they already are because they are lazy cunts who are terrible at the one thing that their entire joke of profession revolves around

All corporate gaming journalists deserve nothing but death, prove me wrong

Attached: 1505056396092.jpg (1024x885, 40K)

>colorblind
I'm red/green colorblind and I've ever had it be an issue in one game: Beyond Earth it was difficult to see miasma in that game as the colors blended together. If a game offers it as an option, I don't even bother turning it on on the offchance I have someone over and they question why my screen looks weird.

Which website do you review games for?

If they ever add an easy mode it should make fun of you like ninja dog in NGB

The same people that want more games to have an easy mode are the same people that whine about life not being easy enough for them. Work for something and try to better yourself scrubs.

that'll make them cry and moan even harder

>that comment by vaati

Attached: 1553954850437.jpg (560x746, 175K)

These are the same people who play Life is Tumblr and "Generic Cinematic Sony Third-Person Game: unironically

>Heh, games aren't for you anymore shitlords
>GAMES SHOULD BE FOR EVERYONE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1553887895091.jpg (872x685, 104K)

>FROM adds easy mode
>calls it Reviewer Difficulty

How big would the fallout be?

They're hired out of nepotism and their creative writing degree, not their interest in games.

>easy mode is hard mode for less skilled players
this almost makes me wish we didn't stop having global wars

Turthfully, I'm surprised FROM didn't do something like this for April Fools.

Seriously more games should have "game journalist difficulty" and it should be below easy and very easy. Your character can't take damage and all enemies die in one hit.

God what a fucking faggot you can just tell he’s a liberal retard

They're really more interested in the idea of gaming than gaming itself. They're the types who will read the lore dumps instead of discovering it in game and then just binge watch a youtuber playing it for them.

Huge, especially if they put a very blatant visual cue somewhere to make it obvious that it was being played on that mode when watching footage.

>If a game offers it as an option, I don't even bother turning it on on the offchance I have someone over and they question why my screen looks weird.
Why the fuck are you embarrassed of being colorblind unless you're a member of the KKK?

>game wants to understand the mechanics and slowly master the gameplay
>BUT NOOO I WANT TO ROLL AND MASH MY WAY THROUGH EVERYTHING

Regardless of what you say making an easy mode completely missed the point of the game and diminishes the experience.
Half the people that play it on easy will just coast through and probably not even enjoy it. They'll grow bored with just hitting a foe that strikes once then waits 10secs to do anything ending up putting down the game and then claiming it's shit.
Here is your easy mode
youtu.be/lcvw1E0Mcac
Does that look fun?
Fighting games are meant to be hard. No challenge equals no fun. It just means the genre isn't for them and there are thousands of other games they can play.

They should make an easy mode where when you press it then it takes you straight to the final cut scene and "you win"

Almost every Sekiro boss has a way to make the fight much easier like firecrackers against the bull these people are just retarded

>quadriplegic
>simply using his hands

Attached: 1548650603616.jpg (408x439, 59K)

>Huge, especially if they put a very blatant visual cue somewhere to make it obvious that it was being played on that mode when watching footage.
Dragon Quest XI had a persistent notification if you played with any of the increased difficulty options. Only braggarts didn't turn off the notifications in the options, tho.

So your retarded ass could play it on easy mode

>FROM hates people with disabilities so much they shame people who defend them

thanks god From is not your out of the mill cucked american developer then,

you can bet your ass we would have a PR person saying that they value everyone's opinion and are looking into what can be done to make the "experience enjoyable for everyone"

based japs

I love how they're blatantly using disabled people to push their bullshit. I'd be pretty sore if I was a cripple

Based pigeon

There must be varying degrees of quadriplegia? I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't lift his arms above his head or make the OK sign with his fingers.

He's a C-5/C-6 which means he has very limited arm and hand movement. So someone who can barely move his arms is able to play Soulsborne and Sekiro better than all these professionally paid video game journalists who are saying the games are too hard for people like him.

seems like bullshit desu, that's like me saying i'm disabled because i have poor vision and a sub 50 iq

I know, but it looks bad for these guys complaining about it.

I bet you take issue with old people claiming to be disabled because they're physically weak and their bones are brittle, too.

He's wheelchair bound, can barely lift his arms, and can't even hold a proper controller. There are just varying degrees of quadriplegia. Not like he's living a 100% full life here.

Also technically speaking glasses DO make you disabled. It's not just a disability any one gives a shit about.

people with brain damage are disabled

>that's like me saying i'm disabled because i have poor vision and a sub 50 iq
You do know that legally blind and intellectual disability exists, right? They're both disabilities that make you eligible for permanent welfare or early pension.

Attached: 1534712905609.jpg (750x749, 130K)

>Leftist shitter attempting to shitpost
You can't even do that properly. Do you need an easy mode for that too?

Is being an immigrant also a disability?

depends how retarded they are

CRIPS RISE UP

Because they're reviewing the game before those have been made?

Journos eternally BTFO

>Is being an immigrant also a disability?
No, but being unable to speak English certainly puts you in the same ballpark as retards.

are you fucking retarded? do you know what the fuck commercial art is? the vast majority of the great works of art in the universe were made as paid commissions, being a professional LITERALLY means using your skillset as your profession rather than being a memecal retard dickbag who "makes things for the sake of it" and dies irrelevant and poor

Already beaten the game and got the dragon loli ending but Fromsoft games are way more enjoyable for their atmosphere, exploration and world building than the difficulty. Always hated how Dark Souls 2 onwards the community shifted towards circlejerking the overexaggerated difficulties of DeS / DS 1 like it's some sort of accomplishment they have the brain capacity to hold their shield up or press the dodge button the moment anything dangerous looked remotely in their direction.

Fuck journalists eitherway

Attached: 1553295532366.png (1023x985, 793K)

Nigger, please. I already made a review of Outter Worlds based on the gameplay videos. 8/10.

>very blatant visual cue somewhere to make it obvious that it was being played on that mode when watching footage.
Something like this, but actually in-game

Attached: wolfenstein.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

user...

Dude's limbs looked pretty functional to me.

But art DOESN'T have to be for everyone.
Why do people insist you must be able to complete a game?

Do you know what I would do based on what he is asking for?
I would have the most insulting patronizing boss fights ever. Like, you get to Owl, and instead of a fight this happens
youtu.be/S2Ws2vibGlg?t=49
And then the boss self-destructs and you're allowed to advance.

>someone who can barely move his arms

They judge it by shoulder rotation limitation. Finger dexterity does not come into it.

This is a debate on something which games as a medium itself is based on. No matter how easy you make something there will always be people unable to compete. It's a downward spiral into promoting mediocrity and feelings of entitlement.

Why i'm watching this video again and again?

It doesn't need an easy mode because every Fromsoft game is roll to win
The entire RPG element is absolutely arbitrary, in NG+ and above you need to reply on invisibility frames to have a fighting chance, all stats be damned

Why do I read
>everyone should be able to play
In every tweet posted here? Shouldn't they say
>everyone should be able to finish the game?

I think the most helpful feature developers can add for the disabled is button remapping. It's the controls and interface that matter a lot more than in-game difficulty.

>Devs should make shittier games in order to sell more of them

A surprisingly lucid description of capitalism

What's the point of gatekeeping a single player video game?

The addition of an easy mode would take away nothing from your experience but improve the experience of thousands of others. There's no good reason to argue against it.

Do you incels really have nothing else going on in your life than bragging about how you beat both phases of the Scary Claw Demon on your first try?

Why would I ever want to improve their experience

The thing all of you dumbfaggots don't understand is that it does affect the """"""""vision"""""""" of the game

If you design a game with multiple difficulties you can't just add more hp or higher damage because then it would be a shit design

If you don't have any type of "select your difficulty level" but instead add a dynamic difficulty system or design the game where it has different difficulty spikes then you can waste all of the hrs of the development of the game on more important shit

No game with good design should have an easy mode. Just look at all the shitty games where the high difficulties are just bullet sponge enemies
Go fuck yourself faggots

Attached: 1538356748936.jpg (417x384, 62K)

Why would a developer make their game worse just because some idiots ask them to?

>easy mode is just hard mode for less skilled players
not really, easy mode let you finish a game without knowing half the game mechanics. You miss as much of the experience as skipping half dialogs in a movie.
>From software is a small 300 person studio
yeah, not an argument, lazy done easy mode can be just changing variables
>"but muh accomplishment!"
which completely backfires because "finishing the game in the only difficulty available" will become "finishing the game in tryhard difficulty" and he will still complain about normal people finishing the game in the normal difficulty

"accessibility" doesn't mean "not expecting you to know the basic rules of the game"

No one takes game journalism seriously but we use their articles to OHNONONONO-post anyway

At the end of the day, this debate is gonna rage on because video games are an accessible hobby and fags like these are desperate to fit in somewhere.

To play ANY video game, all you have to do is push buttons in a correct sequence. 99% of people, sperg and normie alike, can do this.

But, can you bowl a strike? Or shoot a free throw? Or solve a Rubik's Cube? Not nearly as many people can do that shit. These hobbies are more complicated than "press button" and take more time to learn the bare basics. You think the average Twitter retard has time for real dedication to a craft?

So when these faggots fail at a game like Sekiro and their complaints are dismissed, they take it personal because they thought they finally found something they could do. a cool, easy, skill-based hobby they could brag about. And they were wrong

Attached: Kirk_reacting_to_computer_voice.jpg (825x652, 69K)

based

Maybe you should try reading the post again. Carefully. You don't have to want it, but opposing it is the height of retardation and incel insecurity.

How is having an optional lower difficulty worse?

>if they don't add in an easy mode then how will vegetable and comatose people play?!?!?!! checkmate, gamergate

Attached: terrischiavo.jpg (259x194, 6K)

Do you really think Sekiro's gameplay would be fun without difficulty? If people were to play on an easy mode they would get bored and drop the game half way through

Opposing it is entertaining because I get to watch these faggots trot out the disabled in a desperate attempt to turn their incompetence into selflessness. So really opposing it does nothing but benefit me.

why are weebs so bad at videogames?

clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB

Difficulty is part of the game
Death is part of the gameplay
If you take that away you cut out a design from the game
If you make a game where death is a gameplay mechanic and then just add an "easy mode" you are just presenting an incomplete experience for those that play easy mode dumbo

>everyone's idea of fun and tolerance for muscle memory training and autistic repetition is just like mine!
Nah.

>height of retardation and incel insecurity
Fits to a t.

>insecurity

>Laughing at idiots = insecurity

Keep being mad about it, I'm still enjoying myself here.

Why can’t you like on mobile?

If you don't enjoy difficulty then you won't enjoy Sekiro. What are you actually playing the game for at that point? Sure you can look at the nice animations but that will get boring very quick. There are games out there that are designed to be mindless fun, Sekiro isn't one of them

Don't you have some articles to write for Polygon?

Attached: 784.jpg (768x551, 44K)

>Should videogames like Seriko have an 'Easy' mode? No. Don't like it? Don't play it.

You're passing it off as "They just know how to play"
Do you understand HOW they learnt how to play?

B Y G E T T I N G F U C K I N G G U D

The same anyone can do if they stopped fucking crying and asking for an "easymode"

>Sekiro isn't one of them
And there's absolutely zero intelligent reason why it couldn't or shouldn't be one of them.

>I'm acting like a huge retard and you called me a retard for it, why you so mad dude xD
Epic "trolling" right there, son.

Boy you sure are upset at me laughing at these retards. I wonder why that is...

Attached: 1546674338464.jpg (460x326, 28K)

What bugs me is that I can’t enjoy a game if it’s too piss easy
In fact, after struggling for an hour on Lady Butterfly I then had it click for me, and after Genichiro nothing gave me trouble and by the end I was even a little disappointed how easy Sword Saint was after hearing how much trouble people were having
I feel like the people who write this stuff literally have less than an hour a day to play games and I feel like if that’s youre situation that’s fine but you shouldn’t then be given any credence to being a voice in the hobby
Which I don’t, mind you. Who fucking actually reads videogame journalism?

not everything under the sun needs to be created by committee for mass appeal. either. so their argument would fail there as well

>didn't even know about the instant kill for the second deathblow
What a chad.

Because then they'd have to redesign the entire game just to add an easy mode. Should every developer have to include hundreds of different modes that are basically completely different games just so they can appeal to every possible person on the planet? Why can't they just make the kind of game they want to make and anyone who's not into that can play something else?

>Who fucking actually reads videogame journalism?

This thing

>These faggots want the game to play itself
Fuck off faggots

Attached: 8407A21D-ECA3-4E23-9860-5E9A510C65AB.jpg (1024x675, 61K)

You're getting awfully upset about people mocking those retards.
I wonder why...

Attached: 1551578618332.jpg (592x457, 34K)

>this book is so long I can't read it all, you should make a cut down version for people like me
>but this is my vision, I can't just remove half of it
>Wow did you ever consider my feelings?

so between this and the pigeon on a box, what else is smarter than a game """"""""""""journalist"""""""""""""🏴

salty

Bullshit
My friend has CP (Cereb palsy) yet she’s beat dark souls with no problems.
Hell she prefers the slowness because it gives her time to react accordingly

My question is why on earth they WANT to play sekiro? The entire fun of the game is that it's challenging.

>doesn't even know he can skip the first 2 phases

what a fucking casual

also people with full blown ALS have beaten shit harder than this with an eye tracker

>"But video games are interactive so it's different."
>"But if you just want the non-interactive part why don't you watch it online?"
>"It's not the same!"
There's no winning.

I honestly have no clue why people think Sekiro is hard.

Attached: 1553695594442.jpg (740x980, 249K)

>all these retards giving some guy a bunch of (You)'s because he's repeating what dumbass journalists say
Why do you faggots even bother responding to him? It's like the people who reply to white guys larping as niggers and posting BBC images.

This
Fuck game reviewers
We don’t need their outdated tabloid asses

SUBSCRIBE TO THIS GUY

just do a good deed and subscribe to a cripple

Imagine supporting appealing to the lowest common denominator for sales as anything other than someone that will directly profit from it, absolute spergo you.

I half agree with you, but only because I don’t like the movement that’s trying to make videogames into art- but only because that’s in the service of focusing instead on delivering the best possible gameplay experience. Gameplay and input enjoyment need to be everything. Frankly, if you want an easy mode in Sekiro, it’s not going to be that enjoyable because it’s airtight and deliberate combat system is inherently linked to difficulty and that’s its main selling point. People bitch that ‘everything kills me in two hits!’ But if they didn’t, you wouldn’t have to care about being tight in your gameplay, and the game falls apart at that point.

if a game is too hard I just cheat

Kill yourself

Attached: CD3A7CF1-5C04-430F-92CF-9D4332DE9AAB.jpg (664x666, 163K)

This proves nothing. Of course he'd fucking good at it. He is quadriplegic it's not like he has some other stuff to do

>altering some numbers is "redesigning an entire game" and results in a "completely different game"
Cool hyperbole there, incel.

Imagine being such a retarded nigger that you reply to obvious falseflags.

Why not use CheatEngine instead of bothering the devs?

Would it be acceptable to have an easier mode included into a very hard game if there were a disclaimer that you wouldn't be playing the way that the artist intended? This could be made more apparent by disabling some achievements or having a symbol somewhere on the screen making it clear you're playing on easy. I think this would appease just about everyone. Dev gets more people to play their game, the artistic vision is intact, and elitist can keep being elitist.

Attached: question.jpg (375x500, 158K)

If you just want them to give you infinite health you can do that yourself, you know.

Stop replying to this faggot, he’s baiting you retards

>dude i know absolutely nothing about game design but just like dude clickity clack some code in the beep boop box and presto an easy mode that makes everything better it's like super no probs bro

Attached: 1526679849905.gif (350x335, 1.17M)

Can you not read? I said Sekiro is not the kind of game that is fun without difficulty. To make it that kind of game would require the game to be completely redesigned. The game as it is would not be fun without difficulty, it isn't designed to be a mindless fun kind of game

All games shouldn't be "beatable" by anyone. Some games are going to be harder than others. Too fucking bad, get good. Part of why I like playing games is they have a challenge to them. If some scrub can't get through a difficult game, they can go watch on youtube or something.

>altering some numbers is "redesigning an entire game" and results in a "completely different game"
Yes, you seem to understand perfectly. Every number was carefully chosen.

>All games shouldn't be "beatable" by anyone.
This is retarded. The difference between skill levels of players is vastly overrated. Anyone can beat Sekiro unless you have some disability that massively worsens your reaction time, as in your reaction time is so bad you can't even drive because it would be too dangerous for you to be on the roads. The only thing that really matters 99% of the time is if you enjoy the game enough to learn it

I don’t understand why people want to play a game that’s “too hard for them”.
Everything is “hard” at first, getting Gud is repetition.. people who progress through seikro and dark souls are actively trying over and over, learning from the mistakes they make. Even dark side Phil beat the dark souls series despite him being absolutely terrible at the games. There’s proof right there. If your not interested in a challenge then why do you even want this game? It’s exact design is to challenge the player. This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why buy the fucking game in the first place? Is it because all the cool kids are playing it? Are people this feebile in 2019? Being compelled to buy a game no less, that they didn’t even want to play in the first place, my god.

It seems pretty condescending for able bodied people to assume what disabled people can and can't do.

If these shitters can't play the game they can go watch it on youtube or fuck off. Not everything is made for everyone. Fucking entitled asshats.

>everyone's idea of fun and tolerance for muscle memory training and autistic repetition is just like mine!
Nah.

There's absolutely zero intelligent reason why Sekiro shouldn't have a game mode where enemies are less aggressive and/or deal less damage. The fact this mode wouldn't be fun for an incel who suffers from crippling autism, like yourself, is irrelevant since the default mode would remain intact.

Paralysis isn't necessarily fully paralyzed

Good on the guy

That seems more for people who are completely missing limbs or motor control, but maybe.
That's one fot he few things that I was genuine;y impressed by from Microsoft

The don't like it don't buy it thing goes both ways though, they just don't want to admit a game is too hard for them.

Without the Difficulty the game is 4-5 hours tops.

It makes a mockery of the primary argument journalists have been falling back on, which is "WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE DISABLED PEOPLE, IF YOU DON'T THINK IT SHOULD HAVE AN EASY MODE YOU'RE ABLEIST"

>Anyone can beat Sekiro unless you have some disability that massively worsens your reaction time, as in your reaction time is so bad you can't even drive because it would be too dangerous for you to be on the roads.

This. I don't know why some people like to use the age excuse ("I'm too old to play this and don't have the youthful reactions I used to have", etc.), because there isn't a single challenging singleplayer game out there that needs super fast reaction times. It's more about game knowledge, finger execution and strategy than anything else.

Fast reactions are like the least important thing about getting good in a videogame.

All fucking casuals must fucking hang.

>B-BUT THEY'LL GET MORE SALES!
>B-B-BUT THE PLAYERBASE WOULD BE SO MUCH BIGGER!
FromSoftware doesn't give a fuck. Miyazaki has a vision and clearly these faggots seem to have forgotten what a developer's vision is. They make games the way they do because they like it that way and their games are significantly more memorable because of that. It's not the only aspect that makes their games memorable but it is definitely a part of that. Fuck these dumb retarded late 20 year olds they need to go back to whatever casual game they came from.

I swear review copies should start coming with a build in cheat menu

lmao♨️

>FORM adds easy mode
>It's easier, but still challenging
>Game ends after the second Genichiro fight, you don't even get the cool lightning phase
>Worse ending than Shura
>'To see the true ending, play on a harder difficulty.'
>No option for NG+

Attached: 1460268355273.jpg (593x564, 397K)

>There's absolutely zero intelligent reason why Sekiro shouldn't have a game mode where enemies are less aggressive and/or deal less damage.
Absolute brainlet spotted

Let me tell you something about game design and difficulty. You think its just something they slap onto the game after being done with it or what? Because you certainly talk like its the case.

But in reality difficulty affects everything, from level design, enemy placement, generated atmosphere and tension, even down to sound design. A game like this, which is from the ground up designed around its difficulty would suffer a lot when simply changing it.

You can easily change the difficulty in a lot of games without feeling much difference. Souls games or Sekiro certainly arent them though. Everything youre saying is basically:
>I dont give a shit how much effort the devs put into delivering a certain experience, its too hard for me and therefore needs to be different!
And in the end you'd only go "meh it was ok, but a bit lacking" while struggling to find points that dont just show that it lacked due to your meme easy mode.

>sub 50 iq
This is disabled.

From just makes Castlevania on NES tier games.
The difficulty is the padding

some people just want to experience a cool world, story, or feel unstoppable.

Even better, they're forced into the Shura ending because they're too weak willed. They can't choose the other option to break the Iron Code.

ive seen this before and i still lmao

Well yeah most of their games are like that. That's generally why they add all the optional stuff so you have something extra to do should you conquer the main stay of the game. I just wish they'd add a fucking boss rush mode to one of their games already for shit's sake

That fucking videos makes my hands hurt and feel numb, imagine your arms being asleep for your entire life.

That's an incredibly stupid thing to say, incel, but it doesn't even matter in the slightest. Even if the drivel you just typed out wasn't as stupid as it is, none of that "suffering" would affect you, so arguing against having it as an option is absolutely retarded.

the participation award generation

>Junkofag is complete shit at Shinobi hunter
>mfw Mukurofag and beat the game for the Purification route and beat Demon of Hatred
Junkofags fucking suck at everything.

Attached: 1039.png (326x277, 71K)

I don't think they even understand how to use CE.

Easy mode in games like Sekiro are only acceptable if they meet all of the following conditions
>Difficulty name is insulting, or some variation of "Game Journalist Difficulty"
>The game is insultingly easy. You take very little to no damage, you never get hitstunned by anything, and everything dies in a single hit, no exceptions.
>Every NPC has new dialogue implying you're a coward
>The game cuts out partway into the story. In Sekiro's case, the story just ends and rolls credits after Genichiro(not the prologue fight). Telling you to play a real difficulty for the rest of the story is optional, but recommended.

>"I will downvote my review and change it to upvote when the dev meets my cognitive demands!"

Well you do clearly have a sub 50 iq.

does this retard realise that the souls series and others games like bloodborne and sekiro are immensely popular due to their difficulty?

>There's absolutely zero intelligent reason why Sekiro shouldn't have a game mode where enemies are less aggressive and/or deal less damage.
The game is selling great without one (source: playstationlifestyle.net/2019/03/30/sekiro-sales-impress-worldwide/) so using the difficulty as a hook (which FromSoftware always does) is working great.
People complaining about the challenge on Twitter clearly hasn't affected the bottom line, so what intelligent reason is there to add an easy mode?

Attached: new-york-seinfeld.jpg (1000x563, 497K)

They don't pay attention, especially to the tutorials that pop up on the screen. They have no excuse to not read them because you can't mash X/A to skip it, you have to press the start button.

>Uhm Uhm because UHM UHM...UUUUHHH IT MAKESS THE GAME BAD...

Lol there are going to be mods for an easy mode anyway in the near future

Fuck you. Life is Strange is good and i'm stuck at sword saint

>it's already selling great so selling even better is not intelligent, and neither is keeping those customers happy who bought it but don't enjoy it much due to how punishing it is and as a result won't buy DLC for the game or support future FromSoft titles
Very unique perspective.

Game journalist here. I'm gay btw, if that matters.

Please don't insult faggots like that.

>pandering to vocal minority that is just riding the latest outrage and in all likelyhood wouldn't buy the game anyway over the core audience
Lmao
Literally every souls game had retards screaming about muh easy mode, didn't hurt From in the slightest.

If you can defend muh walking simulator because "games don't have to just be for hardcore gamers who want a challenge" then you can't also have the position "games have to be for everyone"

based and cripplepilled

>people being unhappy with the product doesn't hurt
Good thinking.

gamer entitlement

>a game marketed as an unforgiving, gritty adventure, one of many successful FromSoftware installments since 2009, will definitely sell even better and keep its clientele happy if it abandons its proven effective marketing strategy

Attached: spock.gif (245x170, 559K)

>imagine being worse at video games than a fucking quadrapalegic

Attached: 1542918253828.gif (320x240, 2.65M)

>the words in this book are too hard for me to understand therefore the book should be changed because mentally handicapped people might not be able to read it
The absolute state of clown reality 2019

>WAAH DARK SOULS NEEDS EASY MODE
>is a success
>WAAH DARK SOULS 2 NEEDS EASY MODE
>is a success
>WAAH DARK SOULS 3 NEEDS EASY MODE
>is a success
>WAAH BLOODBORNE NEEDS EASY MODE
>is a success
>WAAH SEKIRO NEEDS EASY MODE
>is a success
See the pattern, shitter? (((People))) who don't care about the product literally (literally) don't matter. Go blogpost somewhere else.

>Disabled People Can Still Be Toxic Gamers (And Thats A Good Thing)
>author Isuck Cuckmark
>I write about video games and technology

Attached: 1554015414685.png (1920x1080, 1.45M)

How the fuck is he even supposed to recover after this? he tried to use a group of people that definitely have a harder time in life to push for his own personal gain and still got blown the fuck out.

How do I get a job doing journalist shit and writing out long boring video game reviews? companies are literally sucking their cocks off too.

Attached: 1553748681419.png (325x328, 265K)

have sex

make me

What disingenuous bullshit from that twitter idiot.

This confused disabled man has clearly become a pawn in the hands of the gamergate altright manbaby fanboys. Sekiro needs an easy mode more than ever now.

>journos already ignoring his accomplishments and stumbling over each other trying to claim they or someone they know is "more disabled" than he is and as such this proves nothing

What a fucking circus. This was never about disabled people.
Snowflakes to the end.

Why do people think accessibility is about making it so as many people can get to the end credits as possible? Accessibility is supposed to be about making it so as many people can properly play the game and get the intended experience as possible. If you're running through Sekiro one shotting every enemy and taking 0 damage, not having to learn the mechanics or anything then you're not properly playing the game. You could argue the game has been made less accessible by adding that as an option because a certain amount of people are bound to pick that and then have their experience ruined

But there is easy mode.
Just don't ring bell.

Sekiro wasn't marketed for its difficulty. Not that it would matter even if it had been since the original mode would be left untouched so the "clientele" would be entirely unaffected. Just try to read slower and more carefully.

Where did anyone say Sekiro isn't a success? And FromSoft is a profit-oriented company, so yes my dear retard, those people who refund, won't buy DLC or future From games, do matter.

>Game journo faggots uses cripples to distract from how they can't play games for shit
>Get blown the fuck out by cripples

Today was a good day

Attached: 1530683435254.jpg (800x600, 36K)

People who actually buy games rather than blog about them on twitter and tumblr still bought it, and all other previous games. Shitters like you are just a very retarded, very unimportant and very vocal minority.🏴

>Do you incels really have nothing else going on in your life than bragging about how you beat both phases of the Scary Claw Demon on your first try?
I've never seen someone so desperate and frustrated by being unable to get past the scary claw demon in my life.

You would think in the age of YouTube and letsplays/streaming that these people would be satisfied by watching the footage of someone successfully beating the lava spider in Devil May Cry 1, but no, it's not enough that they could see it done and enjoy their movie experience, they have to water it down FOR EVERYONE so that you're as miserable as they are. That's what they really want. They don't want you to be able to enjoy things the way they are right now, like them.

Attached: blue_husky_abradolf_lincler_by_kyuniko-d933jwc.jpg (1280x1564, 271K)

I feel like pushing for rebind-able controls as standard and more options for people to use their own input devices would make games much more accessible than just pushing the easy mode meme every few months

They should add a difficulty selection at the beginning, but
>Easy is just the way the game is right now
>Hard has you start with the bell demon
done

Mate, look who published the fucking game. Even Activision, the most money-grubbing fucking publisher on the planet, knew not to fuck with Fromsoft and their development. They knew it would sell without their interference. And it did. And fuck you for pretending you know any better.

They never want to make their own thing, always trying to force other people to change things to suit them.
Why don't they make easy games for that uncited audience of millions? Why don't they start a commune with their own laws? Why don't they move to a neighbourhood of the color they want?
Nah, makes more sense to pressure the people actually doing stuff with their life, right?

did activision even do anything other than make them add the teaser line "shadows die twice" to the title of the game

It'll never happen when journos ignore disabled people who don't echo their narrative. Worse when they act as proxy and warp their message.
>actual disabled people: "yo just give me a controller that makes it easier for me to play with my mouth/feet/voice"
>journos: "disabled people want an easy mode!"
>"no, that's not what I sa-"
>"shush, cripple! can't you see I'm trying to save you!?"

Journos are already shitting on/ignoring the quadriplegic who just dabbed on them cause he isn't the "right kind of disabled".

I just got back from Senpou Temple and am at the part where all those ninja fags have overrun the castle. About how far into the game am I?

>bell demon
>hard

Attached: evans.png (2000x1500, 2.63M)

Does it make you feel good that journos and casuals are bad at video games you like? Does it feel good spamming this shit every day? Does it make you feel like you've accomplished something in life?

Attached: 1545474594701.png (658x1195, 407K)

accessibility doesn't increase sales, it increases attach rate. in a single player game with no monetization attach rate only matters for sequels or dlc down the line

Admirable.

Feels more rewarding than crying about being bad at games on twitter, that's for certain.

Attached: 1445196764212.jpg (374x421, 37K)

I've seen nothing but pansies and faggots crying about accesability for people with disabilities. You know, able bodied people speaking for others. Usually white people. It's fucking pathetic

>still bought it
And evidently a number of them are unhappy about the difficulty.

Understand that while they are a vocal minority, and indeed rather unimportant, what they say makes complete sense. Having easier options would raise their enjoyment and potentially draw in more buyers without taking away anything from the current players. Ironically it's you who's completely irrelevant, unimportant and on top of that, also fucking retarded.

You're irrelevant and unimportant because to most buyers it wouldn't matter if they added one extra difficulty or five, or if they kept the game as it is. They can just play the game as originally intended. So who cares?

And a you're a pathetic retard too because opposing the other vocal minority for no sound reason just means you're doing it out of spite because you're a miserable little shit. You get nothing out of it, your natural state is just to be a toxic fucktard who's a cunt to others around him. You'll die alone and unloved.

Yes, because I am capable of enjoying games, unlike the people who cannot do that and want to drag down everyone with them

Kingdom Hearts games?
If you play on easier difficulties, you have to be a completionist to get the actual ending and bosses.

>a number of them
No, a number of people who've not played the previous ones. Not the intended market, basically.

I love this way of difficulty, when the game rewards you for playing on harder difficulties or just being good, but doesn't punish you for being a shitter. God Hand is a prime example.

>locks you out of the best ending
Better idea: locks them out at a point of the game where something really important gets revealed, and tells them that they are missing out.
Possibly followed by a smiley :^)

>toxic
So it's been r*ddit all along!
You know what, r*ddit, I suck at bowling, so I demand there be bowling balls that home in on strikes. You don't have to play it, but I demand that option be available to increase the accessibility of bowling. Whaddaya think?

That's funny considering the useless faggots that have been complaining about how difficult their video game reviewing job is seem to be more than willing to throw disabled people under the bus as proof.

cuck

sekiro should have an easy mode where when you get to the owl it tells you that you are too weak willed to betray your father and are forced to take the shura ending

>so Dash Rendar did survive, I knew it!

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>quadriplegic
>has hands

Putting aside for a moment the fact that From's action games are SOLD on the premise of their difficulty, please explain to the class why you think a game selling better means that the game is better.

why don't we make college easier so more people can attend and finish?
make doctor / lawyer / engineering exams easier so we have more qualified people?
the bar is set so you can overcome it. it is fixed. you are not.

That's a baseless assumption followed by a dumb argument since it aims to keep the "intended market" smaller and limited for no benefit.

I think you're mentally unhinged. But aside from that, if such bowling balls were made but you could still play bowling the way you wanted to, why the fuck would you care at all? Oh, because you're an incel who has genuine autism.

Lmao he didn't even cheese him. That retard is BASED.

There are plenty of games for those people. Games like Sekiro come out once or twice a decade, and people who get catered to with every other release can't stand that people who like Sekiro finally got a game that appeals to them.

Sekiro wasn't marketed for its difficulty like Dark Souls. Not that it would matter even if it had been, no one wants to remove the current difficulty.

>you think a game selling better means that the game is better
Where did I say I think that? Speaking of classes, you really should start attending some.

the fact that a quadriplegic man has better rhythm and game skills than these "seasoned" game journalists asking for easy mode is what speaks volumes.

They do though, they sell smaller basketball hoops for shittier players.

the best thing is that these people are PAID to play videogames. If they can't play games they should be fired right?

its not a difficult game, its just an unforgiving one so if you fuck up you die but the fights themselves aren't that outrageous

>incel
that's because having sex is too difficult
women need to lower the difficulty
everyone should be allowed to have sex with them

>your natural state is just to be a toxic fucktard who's a cunt to others around him. You'll die alone and unloved.
but you're the one being an unlikable cunt right now. you just described yourself perfectly. not that user, but you're clearly an asshole with no self awareness.

showcscore

FUCK JOURNOS
FUCK JANNIES
AND FUCK NIGGERS

As far as I'm aware it wasn't marketed for it, but it was certainly designed around it. They designed the game to be played, not watched.

Adding an easy mode is the same as adding a "skip gameplay" button. Struggling at times is part of the experience they created, it's not something to bypass by flipping a switch.
>it's already selling great so selling even better is not intelligent
>Where did I say I think a game selling better means the game is better?
Really? Do you think an intelligent decision, in your words, would make a game WORSE, then?

HOW?!😃

I think everyone knows the kind of people journalists are, its not just video games

The assumption is based on the fact that the fans of the previous games obviously enjoy/tolerate the style, so will naturally be drawn to Sekiro
The argument simply follows on from that, in that it doesn't really matter if anyone outside the main demographic likes it or not

I beat LadyB on my 3rd try, you nigs told me she was hard, shes just long

Game journalists are failed Chads/Stacys who sucked cock (both genders) throughout university and therefore couldn't get a decent job at a respectable news corporation. They tried being Chads/Stacys, thus abstaining from nerdy video games, but failed, so they could only do bottom of the barrel game journalism. Thus, the credentials for journalism are there, but the passion for vidya is not.

it doesn't. But casuals should acknowledge that not every game is for them. They have thousands of games they can play but they need to complain about the few games that doesn't pander to them.

>If they can't play games they should be fired right?

The people who hire them can't play video games either. They exist to generate site traffic.
And being a whiny contrarian bitch baby about inconsequential topics is the hottest click generator these days.

Exactly
Until we see a journalist complete it we won't know for sure if it is truly accessable

Video games are inherently childish. Fuck off if you can't child games.

Attached: imagine.png (130x192, 26K)

all games should start adding a journo mode that would be godmode basically to mock them

The shmup way?

Its so fucking easy to destroy these arguments from easy mode cucks. If an easy mode or a difficulty slider removes the core vision of what the developer wants from the player, then it is completely justified for it to not be there.

The same people would still be drawn to it if it had extra options. It does matter because From ultimately want to make money. They aren't rehashing the same game for the sixth time in a row because they enjoy being stale, uncreative hacks, they just know it brings in the revenue.

Exactly, and selecting the master key in DS is like activating god mode in cheat engine amirite? Damn, the way you gen z people throw around hyperbole is astounding at times.

It wouldn't make it quantifiably better or worse. Is dying in two hits better or worse than dying in three? Is resurrecting 50 times better or worse than resurrecting 45 times? It's just different, and some people will like the former while others the latter.

THE BASE GAME IS EASY MODE YOU RETARDS

IT BECOMES HARD MODE IN NG+ OR YOU CAN ENABLE IT IN NG

Attached: 1446012783305.png (481x511, 182K)

>The same people would still be drawn to it if it had extra options
You clearly haven't met hardcore Soulsborne fans

Attached: ck observing the plebs.jpg (346x344, 20K)

Holy shit, I forgot about the bell.
>"Sekiro should have an easy mode"
>the game's actually already on easy mode

The only thing he is right about is the custom button mapping, even though if you play on PS4 you can kind of do it for any game you want from the main menu (though its inconvenient)
Other shit like Font changes, subtitles and more advanced option configs are basically always good but easy modes are not

I haven't played Wheelchair Basketball but I did get to try Wheelchair rugby(touch only though) since my school was hosting some disabled people in sports event a good 7 years ago(it was part of a community outreach program the school ran). IT'S FUCKING CRAZY HARD. Surprisingly fun though. I highly recommend giving wheelchair sports a try; you don't need to be cripple to do it and it's incredibly fun, brutal as well.

>game journo
>not disabled

based

Attached: 1552862253508.jpg (397x165, 13K)

▲ ▲

>holding his ground against all odds
based and redpilled

Attached: 1548958560298.png (480x480, 423K)

I don't think there is another job that exists like "games journalist"

It's a job where you can be bad at both games and being a journalist but still claim the high ground. Unbelievable.

VIDYA "JOURNALISTS" CONFIRMED TO BE WORSE THAN LITERAL CRIPPLES

Attached: 1528142267645.jpg (2544x4000, 906K)

The opposite is true too: I dropped Senran Kagura SV after a couple hours because it was too easy and I was just mashing. I never bought another SK game after that.

You say that like it's a surprise
youtube.com/watch?v=vfIn9OqhZWo

>he creator is charged with making something that will sell, not with something a faggot can jerk himself off about how they have good taste for liking it
Target audience is part of business. One of the highly functional stratagems of running a business and selling a product is to aim for a smaller audience overall BUT have that audience be dedicated so that while you won't make as much overall you'll instead have consistency of sales which is far better than a single spike followed by a drop and flatline.
Also if you truly believe that then all games should have sexy women in them because guys like sexy women so that'd make the games sell more. Why aren't western devs making sexy women if they supposedly want to sell to everyone?

Some people also enjoy when they kill everything in one hit and never die because they turned cheat engine on. But since I'm not sure if you're the kind of moron that would reply "sure, put that in the game too", let me spell it out for you clearly.

From's games are balanced around one difficulty for a reason: the struggle is part of the experience they wanted to create. The struggle, failure, and need to try again is not a design flaw. Adding an easy mode does not affect my playthrough, because I'm not interested in it, but it affects the experience of the people that would select it - they're playing something other than what was intended.

I do tech support for the disabled, and that sometimes means being a play by play announcer for games of NBA jam 2 v 2 matches with completely blind people, helping with character selection ect. .

NONE of the fuckers claiming that it's for the disabled are disabled or even interviewed anyone in the disabled community. They didn't talk to Gauladet, the trajan center, AFB, NAD, TASH, UCB. The very idea that a game HAS to have an easier difficulty just for the disabled is offensive as FUCK. Some games will always be easier, some games will always be harder. Some people will fail. And SOME people will fail without even trying.

These bitches just want cheat codes without feeling bad about them. Let them watch youtube videos.

Maybe, but it looks like he's doing pretty well. The base new xbox controler is usually for people who have even worse fine motor control, so they'd use coarse motor control. Eg, move the L and R triggers and bumpers to the feet. Or someone who can't hit buttons 2 mm away from each other reliably. Or someone who uses a straw and their lungs for buttons, or shit like that.

Now there ARE accessibility things that advocates actually have asked for. Closed caption text for the deafies. Color blind mode for match 3 type games.

I value my shins too much for that.

You realise that you dropped a game series and stopped paying attention to it because it wasn't for you, right? The exact thing these asshats should do? As long as you're not bitching about how Senran Kagura needs to change to suit YOU better, then hiding behind "insert marginalised group here" when people call you out on it, it's not the same.

It's really this simple. If the consumer wants, go use cheat engine if it means you will have more fun but the developer won't include something to circumvent the game mechanics that are intended for you to struggle and adapt to learn

my god just play any of the thousands of games with difficulty settings, you dont need to insist on changing the few that don't. JUST PLAY OTHER GAMES

Wheelchair kino

Attached: 20190401_144337.jpg (720x1131, 335K)

How is "people will hop over the vision for the game" a good arguement either?
Things as simple as turning off the music or setting the dub to another language can do that too

ill never understand why people feel entitled to complete a game. if they cant finish it then surely its a fault of theirs and not the developer???

user we've had Demon's Souls, three Dark Souls, Bloodborne and now Sekiro.

None of them have difficulty options.

If at any point From Software thought it would be to their benefit to add difficulty options to their games, it would have happened by now.

>AUTO

Just wondering, are you Canadian?

It's more fundamental. There's no requirement that the game even be completeable. In fact many games cannot be completed.

Funnily enough I have a friend who tried DaS3 as his first Souls game, dropping it after a while. "I couldn't; this game isn't for me" and that was the end of it.

>entire argument is about how a number of players and From itself would benefit from adding a mode they didn't originally intend
>make a post that states that's not how they originally intended it
Wow.

Did you finish grade school, user?

based and quite honestly /ourguy/

I can believe it. With enough deliberate learning of patterns, sekiro doesn't require many inputs every second. you move, deflect and use one more buttons to counter perilous attacks.

>being a play by play announcer for games of NBA jam 2 v 2 matches with completely blind people
That sounds amazing. How do you even land such a job?

KILL YOURSELF

Attached: 1550726550634.gif (2952x3047, 1.76M)

>vidya
>hard

Attached: 1536972805987.png (533x526, 202K)

>wow he can kill 1 boss that means the game is easy

ok lol

>OH NO NO NO

souls babs lmfao

Attached: 1553454146991.png (1352x3728, 3.19M)

I'm sorry, I thought this part was implied, but I guess I have to be even more perfectly crystal clear for you.

If a game is carefully designed around one particular experience, altering that experience by simply removing key elements of it (i.e. the difficulty) would make that game worse.

If you have any trouble with any of the words please let me know, I'll be happy to clarify.

>Play game with reputation for being difficult
>Complain that it's difficult
Why would you do this? Do they just want e-cred without putting in any effort?

Corrupted Monk is one of the last bosses in the game

Most of these journos are getting assblasted over a mini-boss in the first area.

Do happily clarify how adding an extra optional mode would make it worse. By extension of your genius logic, removing the DMD difficulty from a DMC game or removing Revengeance difficulty from MGR would make them better, yes?

>Do happily clarify how adding an extra optional mode would make it worse.
Sure. In fact, I'll go ahead and just grab the thing I already posted since you seem to have had some difficulty reading it.

>Adding an easy mode does not affect my playthrough, because I'm not interested in it, but it affects the experience of the people that would select it - they're playing something other than what was intended.
Not wanting to include a worse version of the game is perfectly understandable.

Attached: GIT GUD.png (100x100, 1K)

I don't understand the game journalist complaint about easy mode. Like they all complain that without an easy mode folks can't play it. But they can play it, they just blow and don't enjoy it. Should we make football easier by removing the defense so that shitters can score a touchdown?

>it would be different than intended so it's worse
>>HOW does these having optional differences make it worse?
>it would be different than what was intended

It's like every post you make is more embarrassing than the last. I notice you dodged the questions about grade school. Did you finish it?

Now try to answer how does being different than intended in the way I described, make the game worse. And answer the question about DMC and MGR as well. Make an effort and try to actually read and understand sentences this time. Ask for help from people around you if you have to, you seem to be in desperate need of it.

I remember when I was a kid, I was looking up to the reviewers in the gaming magazine of the times (90s), there was usually multiple pages of review on the game describing gameplay to even giving tips to new players, you could feel the passion they had for games in general in their writing.
Why the fuck are game journalist today unable to fucking play games anymore?
What the fuck happened?

Attached: 1286164110673.png (400x400, 5K)

Each difficulty mode requires its own time and attention during development

Should be pretty obvious how adding or removing difficulty options impacts the game as a whole.
The more difficulties there are, the less time each one is given, and the less intelligently designed they are.

That's how you get shit like DMC's difficulties which are primarily about damage calculations and enemy HP, the laziest type of difficulty adjustment.

When you give your game difficulty modes, you're essentially creating multiple different versions of the game. That's splitting your development time between all these versions, to design, program, balance and debug them.

Sekiro already has a problem with reusing boss enemies in the second half of the game, I can't imagine what the game would look like if they had split development between even just two difficulties.

Nepotism, "appealing to a wider audience" and no child left behind. In America, public schools fucking SUCK, and thus produce retards like these.

came here to post this

I already explained it several times. The difficulty is a defining feature of the game. The struggle is part of the experience that you are meant to have. Removing a defining feature of a game makes it worse.

>but it's not removed!
It is for the people playing easy mode.

>And answer the question about DMC and MGR as well.
I didn't answer it because the question was completely irrelevant nonsense. Those difficulties, which must be unlocked, are balanced around being extensions of the previous difficulties. It's the equivalent of NG+. How you thought my position was "any difficulty changes are bad" is beyond me, we are talking about From Software.

>journalists
>even remotely comparable to chads and stacies
Maybe they have the brain capacity or the interests of normalfags, but they're too limpwristed otherwise.

that webm isn't a video game problem. the person playing it clearly has more of an IQ problem. the way -- and how quick -- a person can solve simple problems is based on their IQ. this guy is pretty low-IQ. most 1st-worlders are above average IQ and are able to solve something like this, and a person really doesn't even have to play games to figure out those mechanics in a few seconds

>Should be pretty obvious how adding or removing difficulty options impacts the game as a whole.
Yeah. It pretty much doesn't.

The way you talk about "splitting development time" is as if you think one person made the thing. Even an intern could handle watering down the numbers about attack frequency, HP and damage. And it takes one extra person on Q&A.

Not to mention the game is post-release, so your entire argument would be moot anyway if they make the mode now.

i mean, you're partially right, but it really is to make things more accessible. journalists are now there to convince people who don't usually play games to purchase x game. this is the only way AAA publishers can attempt MAX PROFITS in order to pay their shareholders

>quadriplegic
>Is using his hands and fingers, albeit clumsily
I thought quadriplegics didn't have the use of any of their limbs? How is he holding the controller?

Quadriplegia is paralysis resulting in partial or total loss of use of all four limbs.

You can clearly see he has very limited control over the muscles in his hands. He appears to be resting the controller on a stable surface, possibly his lap, and just setting his hands on top of it.

that's just because you're an unrefined monkey who doesn't know much at all to even ask something like this. a lot of them just have very limited movement in their arms/hands; not close to as sharp as people who aren't quadriplegics

The difficulty is a huge part of the game's narrative.

*ahem*
Journalists are a joke, video games don't need coverage, EGM was just ads for new games and social media replaced such an antiquated concept

If you suck at games, you just suck at games, get better or play one of the million grandma games on smartphones

Video games aren't movies, if you want an entirely passive experience, watch a movie

Wanting an easy button to pass by a game ruins the game, and people who want that are spoiled entitled babies, imagine sitting to play Chess with someone or against the computer and demanding a victory because, you feel like it.

Fuck you, fuck off, you're shit, and REEEEEEEEEEEEE I STILL CAN'T BEAT ALIEN SOLDIER I JUST BEAT CUPHEAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EASYYY MOOOOODEEE EAASSYYYYY MOOOOOOODDDDDEEEEEEEEE

No but seriously those people are shit, sorry sweetie honbun darling, you're not going to tell developers to make a skip game option, you can watch a let's play of a better player like all the other folks

No, it's not removed for them either. They can move on to playing your epic struggle version anytime. It would be an extension of the previous difficulty, after all, just like moving on from easy to normal in DMC4.

Those other games in the genre usually have several difficulties unlocked by default. Which, by your genius logic, is a sin and totally ruins the game because there should only be one intended difficulty and anything else makes for a worse game.

this OP webbum is proof
this dude is legit broken arms fucker and he is better than people paid to play games and write reviews on said games.

ie, he is gitgud in HURR DURR broken arms form

>CheatEngine
Ift they cant play ekiro, i dont think they are good enough to know how to use CE, and since they play the game before release, there are no premade tables online for the to usel already.

Nah he's just an ableist disabled person.

This "everything should appeal to everyone" mindset scares me.
Imagine if all the food was removed and the only thing available was "that" drink.

>They didn't talk to Gauladet, the trajan center, AFB, NAD, TASH, UCB
>Color blind mode for match 3 type games.
Is there someone I can contact regarding visual accessibility in games? I need subtitles for everything, and my father, king of Genesis games, can't really play game anymore because he needs high contrast to focus on things now

Something like Sekiro has alot detail is blurred altogether for him

>a genre known for it's difficulty
>"i want to paly it too!!!"
>"but it's hard, make it easey for me to paly too"

Really, why they considering From games in the first palce, if they dont like hard games? It's like if i will go watch a real sport match and then complayinging that its boring to me because i dont like watching sports.
Why there it's my fault for going watching it, but here it's the game fault for not pandering to people who dont like the product in the first place?

Well... it’s a game, innit?
The challenge of it IS the fun.
Like, if you played basketball and everyone got a ball, then it wouldn’t be as fun would it?

>No, it's not removed for them either. They can move on to playing your epic struggle version anytime.
You are fundamentally not understanding the words I am typing. Is it my fault? Let me try again.

For as long as they are playing easy mode, the difficulty is removed. They are playing a worse version of the game. From Software does not want that worse version of their game in their game.

>Which, by your genius logic, is a sin and totally ruins the game because there should only be one intended difficulty and anything else makes for a worse game.
If difficulties are selectable from the get-go, then the difficulty isn't a defining feature of the game, is it? Again, we are talking about From Software, try to stay focused.

Never fails to baffle me.

fuck you
your post isnt bait, its just bad opinions pushed as 'fact'

faggot

>top comment is that Vaati faggot

Attached: large.jpg (579x584, 34K)

Nah fuck you, you're shit, swallow cock and bitch more

Based and, dare I say, just a tinge of redpilled.

solving a rubik's cube is incredibly easy you just need to learn the basic rotating algorithm and then you can solve any scramble no matter what

Gaming "journalist" should stop existing, its,they got paid to cause infighting

He's a whore, what did you expect?
Worst part is that ENB died for his reddit popularity.

SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARDED NIGGER

Who the fuck is this guy? Look at this, it's the most stupid argument I've ever seen

Attached: 89498489.png (593x365, 41K)

How do you know when to stop? Checkmate!

where's the proof that it needs an easy mode?

Dummy.

󠛡 󠛡 ▲
▲ ▲

s-shit you're right fuck I'm cumming from the aneurysm i'm having from this logical overload making me spurt my load

''easy mode for me it's hard mode for you''

''a transformers movie is for me is a david lynch movie is for you''

Attached: 1545714874106.jpg (638x633, 32K)

>failing every single mikiri counter
still a scrub

>that's like me saying i'm disabled because i have poor vision and a sub 50 iq
Yeah but what's important to know is that your parents still love you user.

did you get bored of the video 10 seconds in and just imagine the rest of it? he lands the mikiri counter at like 0:18

i hope Froms next game is borderline impossible to finish, something like bloodbourne with no parry, fatroll only, every encounter has at least 10 enemies that instantly aggro, and everything is one hit kill

Attached: la-noire.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

like this post and i'll make sure to make it as painless as possible

Attached: 1405843333655.webm (294x125, 2.87M)

Sorry buddy, you don't get to experience it :^)
How about a round of Angry Birds?

It's so confusing because the appeal of these games is the gameplay and challenge, so if you take that away, why do they even want to play the game. It's not like their missing some riveting story and if they like the environments then just watch a YouTube video. Why do they even want to play a game like this?

when will video game journalism end
it isn't even necessary anymore

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>food analogy
i get what youre saying but also cringe and checked

what a fucking pleb

FUCK YOU YOU STOLE OUR TRIP

Are you all dumb? No one talks about this except trolling Yea Forumstards who wanna get replies.

Whose trip?

>doesn't cheese her 2nd form
Absolutely fucking based

Attached: DfnNdVPV4AAjF5W.jpg (1200x900, 288K)

You can cheese her first form as well.

holy shit we need to go back

Why are all of these game journos acting like implementing additional game difficulties is easy?
Don't they realize how imbalanced most game difficulties are that the devs didn't specifically design the game around?

Because they want to belong to some made up group of people they have in their heads.

No, it's not your fault. You were born with mental retardation, much like the person described in the OP was born with a physical one. It's outside of your control, it happens. You are genuinely so stupid that you're incapable of explaining how the easier mode is worse, instead you just keep parroting "it's not intended" because you can't understand basic sentences.

Even if we pretend it's Sekiro's explicit purpose to appeal to the most autistic IWBTG playing difficulty fetishists, it still wouldn't matter at all, you utter moron. Because the argument is about whether the game would benefit from having an extra difficulty. And the answer is an objective, resounding yes considering it's optional and would help certain people get into or finish the game without taking *anything* away from what it is currently and what many of its players like it for, but the devs benefit and the less skilled players benefit as well. It's the definition of a win-win situation. Having difficulty options in other games of the genre doesn't make them worse either. It would take an absolute drooling retard to argue against this. And that's you. So enjoy your last (You) and take your meds regularly.

Yes!

i hate you

i love you

I have lived in America my entire life tf are you on about

>that walltext to justify that you can't play a shit game because it's too hard
seething, keep going please

Why are you trannies so obsessed with other peoples' sexual lives?

tfw a quadriplegic is better than you at games

wow lol

Uhhh, is this implying disabled people would have a harder time with the game? Because that seems pretty ableist.

Products are art.

The game isn't even that difficult once you understand the mechanics, it doesn't require some super reflexes either, you just need a working brain

>it wouldn’t take anything
One of the most enticing things about a game can be exclusivity, and having a shit for babies mode entirely removes that exclusive class. People don’t play competitive FPS to die a lot, and people don’t play the current releases of Fromsoft games to breeze through the campaign.

No one's actually said this yet but the Journalist's pushing for easy mode literally do not matter for another reason. THEY AREN'T CUSTOMERS. They get the game for FREE, EARLY. They never spend a cent on the game. What they want doesn't matter because they aren't even giving FROM money.

They are pushing a narrative, as they usually do. They are using their position to attempt to warp everyone’s opinion through the illusion of universal consensus.

nice

>So we want everyone … to first face that challenge and to overcome it in some way that suits them as a player.
But you can only play Sekiro one way...

>you're incapable of explaining how the easier mode is worse
No, I actually did explain that to you already, but I think you're so seething at this point that even if I explained it to you again you still wouldn't get it.

You can play it many ways, but you can only play on one difficulty setting.

game is perfect at it's current difficulty

That's because you're autistic and trash

YOU ARE ALREADY EXPERIENCING THE GAME AS I DO
WE ARE PLAYING THE SAME GAME
THE PROBLEM IS IN YOUR SPOILED PUSSYASS PUSSY ASS

Liked and subscribed

No because the game is built like Simon Says.

One aspect of the game is simon sez, and you don’t even need to fuck with that. It’s like you are complaining that you can only identify one strategy in tetris.

why are people so opposed to getting better at things
being shit doesnt make you unique, step up to the plate for once.

>implying I didn't beat those games on emulator either
What kind of casual do you take me for?

Years and years of participation trophies and never being challenged by anyone.

You're a soulless bug.

lmfao, faggot

If we want more difficult games like Sekiro we just have to buy them to show there's a demand. FROM will never capitulate to retards like this anyway so it's a great first step.

>Do you really think Sekiro's gameplay would be fun without difficulty? If people were to play on an easy mode they would get bored and drop the game half way through
It's almost like Sekiro is a garbage game with garbage mechanics, garbage characters, garbage designs and garbage music and that the only reason people care about it, its only saving grace, is the difficulty.

Insisting that game devs make an easy mode for any game is like forcing a chef to make a mild version of every dish.
Sure it may make sense in some cases to widen your appeal, but you wouldn't ask for a mild version of a carolina reaper. It just doesn't make sense.

One half would sperg out and the other would love it as they could just breeze through games now.

True, though if you think about it. It's easy to fuck them over here regardless of narrative. If they aren't buying the game. If they're getting free review copies. Why would anyone that isn't an agenda pushing fuckhole want to side with them? They push anti-consumer shit because they never get hit by hit. They don't care. So turn that around.
>If you want an easy mode so badly then BUY the game. Give FromSoft money and say you want an easy mode. Leeches don't get what they want only customers do.

women have slower reaction times and their test ranges from 25-85 or so.

People need to accept certain types of games aren’t meant for them. I’ve never played any souls-like games besides some of 2 and I don’t plan to. However I’m not going to bitch and complain about for the devs to change their vision for me.

>april fools is the only day game journos can be honest
weird

Attached: 1551614607735.png (667x1144, 180K)

Wow it's almost like the game was designed to be challenging

god damn what a stallion

what's the cheese? I never got hit by the vomit grab, just dodged it

You can cheese her first form by swinging up tot he branch above her head as she recovers from dropping down for a quick deathblow.

You can cheese her second form the exact same way by getting to that same branch before her spooky ghosts come out.

Why do we even need journalists? We can watch the trailers and demos. And if you really want to see gameplay there are streamers. Journalists are uneccessary

I'm one of those people who need to have an easy mode in games because I'm UNABLE to get any better no matter how much I practice or learn. I have an extremely bad reaction time along with other mental problems that makes it very difficult to impossible for me to play like everyone else. No amount of git guds will magically make me any better. The few games out there for me are stuff like Animal Crossing but they get boring after a while and I shouldn't be limited to either a few titles I can actually play, be forced to watch let's plays or get out of the hobby just because you feel threatened by the idea of anyone being allowed to do what you do.

The only thing I agree with you guys on are about the game "journalists". I hate those faggots and wish they'd drop dead because they're a bunch of piece of shit hipsters who insist on spreading their bullshit SJW propaganda around. I want my fucking easy mode but without the black Muslim tranny dyke characters who dindu nuffin.

It's ok for the tryhards to demand a hard mode regardless of the creative vision and yet they turn around and complain about that if we want easy mode.