Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Is_You#Reception
youtu.be/KmSDE-lmMvo?t=83
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

THOUGHT ON THIS IS HONEST
IS
YOU

good game
Woudnt have gotten popular if it wasnt for the cute characters which proves how important aesthetics are

This game is making me realize how FUCKING retarded I am.

Enjoyable but ultimately too frustrating for non-autists.

Both of these points are positive and support the game.

unironically good game
great brainlet filter
requies legit creativity not just learning game mechanics
cant do more than 4-5 levels without getting mentally tired

>cant do more than 4-5 levels without getting mentally tired
What's your diet like? You getting enough Vit A and D?

I was giving my thoughts, not trying to shit on it.

Attached: 1552890461534.png (529x495, 15K)

It's very good and I don't have a problem admitting that I am too stupid to beat it. You need like 4 little Chinese children working to help solve some of these.

im dumb as shit and suck at it, but i still enjoy trying to get through the levels

best puzzle game in a long time
genuinely makes me feel like a retard

This.

Haven't played it but seems like a mid 2000s era puzzle game I'd see on newgrounds and don't know why people are paying for it.

It's fine, just not my kind of game and kind of regret thinking it would be. I've never been huge on puzzle games, or just anything that requires commitment & patience yet isn't exactly fun to fail at since not much is happening.

It's fucking excellent, I'm just sad that it made me realize how fucking retarded I actually am. I'm only like 40 levels in and already got filtered hard.

Attached: 1473115309973.jpg (437x292, 47K)

I am sorry to hear that. What made you think Baba Is You would be your type of game?

my diet is fairly ballanced with slight overabundance of sweets
I just feel like I've ran out of creativity after playing trough couple tough levels

Post MEGA link

all the hard levels in baba involve some really stupid interpretation of the rules that doesn't feel good to figure out

I don't understand how anyone can act like that
>we should disregard visuals in video games, which is primarily a visual medium! and it's literally called "video" games! muh gamepray!
Before you ask, I'm quoting the guy on Yea Forums who is always saying this shit, don't @ me

i like puzzle games but i suck at them
how do i even beat the first 'AND' level?

Because it's a good game.

What's the title of the level?

Haven't looked into it but I keep mistaking it for a bara thread because I misread baba as bara.

Shit game, only got some popularity because it's great at making dumb people feel smart. Anyone with a degree dropped it after 20 minutes because it's a game aimed at people with a child's intellect.

>tfw stuck on wireless connection
Despite being an actual scientist, this game is making feel like a retard. It's spacechem all over again

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
what's the fucking catch someone tell me or I'm gonna lose it

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (941x702, 28K)

Do you work with equipment that could potentially kill you if you were an idiot with it?
If not, then you aren't a real scientist.

Pretty interesting game but I cant like puzzle games where there is no tetris effect like The Witness. It makes me feel stupid really, progressing or clearing a new level doesnt make you better at the game.

Shit, you too? I don't know how to get these fuckers to moves up or down when they're in line with the FLAG and WIN statements if they have to be pushed to change direction.

If dangerous pathogens count, then yes

You gotta get to the flag
It says flag is win

I got tetris effected by this game, thinking of how I can swap objects' properties, until I realise that I exist in reality and reality does not work that way.

Real scientist confirmed.

Attached: Hospitals open.jpg (834x584, 71K)

icy waters

You must underestimate the power of the NOT

It's a very simple solution that you're likely overthinking.

Puzzles are enjoyable, not done with it yet but so far the dev did a good job with making puzzles not obvious right away but also not epic length.

Oh,this level is easy. They literally only give you one thing you can do, so do it.

Also that's not what transparency is for.

Attached: icy waters.png (870x519, 20K)

One of the best games we've gotten in 2019 so far

Great game. Best puzzle game in years

Fantastic puzzle game with tons of crossover as far as fanbase. My wife enjoy getting drunk, naked, and playing Baba as our weekend plans for 2 weeks now.

Attached: 1325551005940.jpg (463x462, 113K)

figured it out
and I alredy known power of not when first posting
just didnt know how to use it in that particular case

That's what I'm stuck on too. I have a feeling that you have to make one of them MOVE and the other one PUSH and alternate until you get all the statements to the other side of the bog. It seems tedious as fuck, which is why I haven't tried it lol

I'm only on the 2nd ocean level, the one with the crab, and I am beyond stuck
Game needs a hint system bad, i dont wanna cheat but i could use a tip

First crab level is piss easy because there's literally only 1 thing at each stage which can possibly help you.

I've only played the demo, I've already spent a lot of money on games this month. 100 dollar Hollow Knight physical edition with all of the collectible stuff, Rain World and it's OST, and Monster Prom and the Second Term DLC.

How long is the main game compared to the demo? How hard do the puzzles get?

Here's Dim Signal, the harder variant.
The user who said you can't turn the moving guys when they're on the other side of the river is correct.
The level is winnable, obviously.

Attached: Dim signal.png (870x519, 20K)

I get through to the crab command but all I have then is the ability to push and to manipulate a rock/crab into a star, rock, or crab
I can sink but i cant sink the fucking wall so im lost

Here's a hint: STOP and PUSH do not matter at all, you can ignore them entirely

>How long is the main game compared to the demo?
220 levels compared to the demo's 10, and the later levels are longer and more difficult enough to count for 2 or possibly 3 of each demo one.
>How hard do the puzzles get?
Demo's roughly a 2/10 in difficulty.
The game goes up to an 8/10 in meta.
Most of the game is 3/10-4/10 though.

Why do you think I stopped playing Prof. Layton?

because unlike your example, it lasts for more than 30 minutes.

You're talking about this level, right?
Okay. Do you remember literally the very first level you played. Level 01 on the world map.
How did you win that level?

Attached: lake 2 turns.png (870x519, 17K)

Thanks senpai. I'll take another crack at it later tonight.

Disregard my previous statement, PUSH does matter but only in the beginning

Correction. Level 00 on the world map.
Do you remember how to win this level?
What do you have to do to win this level?

Attached: baba is you first level.png (870x519, 10K)

I'm dumb

Alright. I'll keep that in mind!

you solve puzzles by re arranging words which themselves create the rules for solving the puzzle

e.g. "baba is you" "wall is stop" and "flag is win" with no flag appearing in the level can be solved by changing "wall is stop" into "wall is flag" and using "flag" to form "flag is win" vertically, then standing on top of the flag

the game becomes ludicrously complex the deeper you get into it

oh god
what the fuck

Attached: what the fuck.png (1272x705, 57K)

OP
IS
FAG
GOT

Ah, you're playing the switch version.
That level was changed to make it harder on the big boy pants version of the game.
Don't worry, you'll get it eventually.

Attached: a way out.png (870x519, 23K)

There's also a version more similar to that, as a later level.

Attached: another way.png (870x519, 22K)

Really good puzzle game but it's definitely on another level of lateral thinking than the normal person.

Attached: 1553239314025.jpg (1095x1195, 287K)

I'm on a pirate version

>lateral
It isn't. Baba's thinking is logical and linear as fuck. Thinking about what you can do, what might help, what you can't do, and what you need to do. Then you string the steps together.
What trips people up is that they make bad assumptions.

How come on some levels teleporters teleport text but on other levels they don't?

You solve basically the exact same way, what are you on about?

text is float

Now there are fewer possible solutions.

Ah, that one was kind of tricky. Didn't realize the words didn't need to move on the right.

When two objects are on the same tile, a FLOAT object will only interact with another FLOAT object.
Rules affecting adjacent tiles (e.g. push, stop) are unaffected.

It makes me feel like the retard that I am.

Post yfw you complete THAT puzzle

Attached: 73a.png (680x788, 94K)

Attached: expand mind.jpg (480x360, 51K)

Attached: erika.jpg (245x206, 14K)

Fuck Prison

Attached: 250.jpg (1600x1579, 300K)

BABA
IS
JEW

It looks nice but I don't understand why so much fuss about it like it's the best puzzle games of all times. Gameplay-wise it doesn't looks so original. I've played many other puzzle games much fresher than this. And I bet it wouldn't get so much praise if it was released from a big company like Nintendo.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baba_Is_You#Reception
Holy shit! Why is the developers and game journalists so much pretentious over an average puzzle game?

>And I bet it wouldn't get so much praise if it was released from a big company like Nintendo.
You're right, and that's a good thing. It means the game can target a more niche audience.

>On release, the game received positive reviews. Polygon considered it "one of the best puzzle video games in years", with the reviewer observing that it "asks me to toss my assumptions about how rules in video games work, to analyze how and why they exist in the first place. And that sort of reprogramming of my brain, oddly enough, happens best when the game is turned off."[1] Pocket Gamer was similarly positive, describing it as a "ridiculously complex puzzler that has you questioning not only every decision you make, but how anyone managed to think up something so bizarre", and concluding that it was one of the "most inventive, exciting puzzle games you will ever play. It's beautifully simple in its graphics and its core design, but it'll make your brain hurt with how nonsensical the solutions appear to be,"[2]

>pretentious
?

Attached: question mark.jpg (500x657, 16K)

>world 8 without looking anything up yet
I'm scared bros. I don't want to give in and start asking for hints but this shit keeps getting harder and more clusterfucky. I don't know how long I'll keep going.

Attached: 1357281126025.jpg (380x391, 41K)

Push the rock right and up then grab the flag? I might be medically retarded if i still dont get it

Relax. If you've beaten the flower garden, the rest is easy until you reach the 2nd secret world.

>Push the rock right and up then grab the flag?
That is ONE solution. In general, what do you need to do to win a level?

Attached: 02 now what is this.png (870x519, 12K)

GIVE UP user

> Gameplay-wise it doesn't looks so original
Show me another game with the same concept. pls

Baba Is You seems to contain a small musical reference/tribute to an old game that I can't quite place. I feel like it's something from NES...The music in question is right here.

It's the exact same sequence from an old game so it could be just a coincidence but it feels intentional. I just can't remember what it is

youtu.be/KmSDE-lmMvo?t=83

I thought it was from Kickle Cubicle which is probably one of baba's inspirations but I couldn't find it in that game

The Legend of Zelda overworld theme.

Nope. I'm talking about something that follows the exact progression at 1:23

Well I don't know, sorry.

Simple but clever puzzle game. It alright.

The dev cited Steven's Sausage Roll directly as an influence. I only saw a little of it at the end of Barry Kramer's Baba stream, but it looks fucking hard. Will play.

It makes me feel really stupid but then it makes me feel really smart right before making me feel stupid again.

Now that you mention it, it does sound kinda familiar. Can't quite place my finger on it either

arrrghhh

i'm sure it's from some NES puzzle game or something, I keep thinking kickle cubicle, Lolo's adventure, etc etc

Lolo's adventure was the beginning of Baba