A quarter into the year

>A quarter into the year
>Still no gameplay
>4 more characters to be added before feb 2020

I highly fucking doubt it

Attached: GA_0331_2x1_331SmashFightersPass_D.png (639x232, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N9ytrX0wweA
youtu.be/xqTW13AYniY
youtu.be/ul4JYGZLFQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would they add a Sony character to Smash?

Because P5R is coming to the switch, for the love of Christ can we keep the console faggotry out of here

Is it though? That's the only reason I could justify this character. I don't see any announcements for P5R for Switch though, are you lying to me?

Why do people assume the DLCs will ALL be 3rd parties?

My guess is that he could have been out some time ago, but it’s been held off for a dual smash release/Persona 5 Switch announcement at the concert.

because joker is based

Attached: 13CF5DE9-662E-497D-A369-350E857FF2C1.gif (498x442, 1.87M)

Werent like... 4 of the DLC characters for Smash Third party

Because there aren’t enough/great first party names left. Also third parties means a chance of new people buying a switch because of it.

It's preferable to getting Goomba and Waddle Dee

Honestly Id be fine with Rex

Attached: D2_E3HYX0AAyKm7.jpg (838x768, 27K)

>There's new FE game coming out later this year
>One of the DLCs is going to be another FE character

Attached: 1466826583878.jpg (987x519, 74K)

Any possible events where they'll announce anything? Feels like we haven't heard anything in months.

they still have almost a year to bring them all out

Also judging by recent events, we're probably gonna get Joker pretty soon

>Tomorrow because Aprils Fools
Just few more hours user...

April fools. Its like, Almost 10 AM for them so if theyre gonna announce anything its going to be soon.

Because Reggie stated as such in an IGN interview

It would have happened already. it’s way too bizarre for the japs to simply throw something out of fucking nowhere. Not how they roll.

>ad used to be "arriving april"
>ad is now "arriving..."
false advertising

You mean like
youtu.be/N9ytrX0wweA
And
youtu.be/xqTW13AYniY

???

>Sakurai said the Spring update will be released before the end of April
>Atlus "supposedly" will reveal what P5: The Royal on April 24th
>April 24th near the end of the month
It seems they're literally planning aren't release him till then because of Atlus

Attached: IMG_4561.jpg (414x415, 13K)

because thats what nintendo said

I can see your reasoning, because the date is so fucking vauge and can literally mean any time from today to april 28, except that would mean we've been waiting 5 months for a single character and if I was a part of Nintendos marketing team I would start a full scale war with Atlus.

Also Pplant was planned for february and came out significantly earlier

Reggie said they'd be unexpected picks and the Nintendo execs are the ones who signed off on them so the chances of them being either well-known or obscure 1st party characters is slim

NINTENDO
FOR GODS SAKE
I PAID FOR THIS SHIT IN DECEMBER AND I STILL DONT KNOW WHAT THE FUCKING MODEL LOOKS LIKE.
... IS WHAT I WOULD SAY IF IT WASNT FUCKING LEAKED, GODDAMN YOURE SO FUCKING RETARDED

Wait why am I dumb?

Smash 5 without Joker: Shit
Smash t with Joker: Still Shit

All I’m really hoping for at this point is that there’s some SMT content included with Ren or his pack.

Maybe I’m being too hopeful, but I do feel like once Ren drops, news on the Fighters Pass, and Smash content in general, will begin to pick up. With how they teased the 3.0.0 update, I really am expecting a general Nintendo Direct, or a Smash Direct before the end of April. And in said Direct, maybe a new character will be revealed, and then dropped by E3 or EVO. Again probably just wishful thinking, but it just seems so “right” to me.

He really goddamn is.

God same. I really did want Rex in, with some sort of Blade-switching mechanic between Pyra and Mythra.

Attached: CC270095-BD0C-42EC-B8DE-0C7350DDDC5F.jpg (984x534, 88K)

user we just had plant

2 months ago

Plant doesnt count as DLC, he was more or less delayed from the base game because he was unfinished. And he was given for free to most people anyway

Because Shitkuari and Nintendo don't care about fans or what's popular. It's all about what Shitkurai wants and what his stupid kid wants.

Yeah, so it's still a decent gap if we consider 2-3 gaps per dlc

Yeah, but at least he was still a new fighter, so it's a nice stopgap.

>don't mind me, just begging for a company i don't like to lose an exclusive so i can gloat on Yea Forums and still not play the game, but can we keep the console war faggotry out of here?

I cant even say this is the most delusional thing ive read today, but it comes close

Attached: 1554082169480.gif (457x640, 2.32M)

>joker
>not popular
LOL

Are you implying he is popular and wanted? Because from what I'm seeing he isn't.

You guys know they have a game on the 3DS right?

>Millions buy fighter passes for Joker
>Persona 5 most popular game in Japan according to Famitsu

>>>NOT FROM MY BIASED VIEW LOL

>anecdotal """""evidence"""""
Nice

Since I've no idea where I read this take it with a grain of salt but I thought I saw somewhere that Joker was the last character they decided on and announced, and that they could have had work done for the other 4 before he was finalized.

It's possible that as various teams got done with Joker they moved on to other DLC characters as well. So the time from Jokers announcement to release may be the longest one we'll see and that the rest will roll out in a regular fashion. We'll just have to see.

It is really easy to troll Smashtards.

>Joker
>Tomorrow is April Fools Day
>Joker's tarot card is the Fool

Anyone think we might get a surprise release tomorrow?

Attached: p5_wallpaper.jpg (3840x2160, 2.36M)

I'd gladly play the game.

Imagine if the trailer starts out with this song, and the reveal comes on as soon the tone shift starts
youtu.be/ul4JYGZLFQs

>don't care about fans or what's popular
That's a dumb statement after Ridley, K.Rool, Chrom and Dark Samus just got it in because they polled high. As well as Inkling and Isabelle being the most popular character who weren't in last game getting in. Just because some of the characters are curveballs or surprises doesn't mean they just do whatever they want.

I bet you wanted Geno and/or are an anti-Inceneroar fag still crying like a little bitch.

Attached: 1431024609319.jpg (336x500, 104K)

Not gonna happen, unless "Jane" isn't the P5R girl.

This was the same with 4. They don't show shit until the very month they were being released at best or same day of release at worst.

They're obviously going to drop 2 more in a short span of time user. My guess is either announce 1 with the April update and 1 at E3 or 2 at E3.

>Extended trash
Get some tastes get some standards

if you were really that interested, you'd own a sony console to play it on or you'd have emulated it on pc by now.
port-begging has always been and will always be thinly-veiled console wars.

Who fucking cares man
Its the first thing that shows up when you search Layer cake

What if people want to play JRPGs on handheld where they belong?

Taking this long honestly just screams a Smash-focused direct. I can only hope whatever character they announce alongside Joker's release is something that will BTFO all this erdrick/banjo/steve/sora/doomguy/geno
circlejerking that's been going on these agonizing 3-4 months.

The surprise will be the second pass character being revealed and being released on the same day as Joker.

Persona Q2 is a 3DS exclusive that features Joker.

I'm not buying a Sony console for 1 game, especially when the PS4 is almost dead

Because there's no big names from Nintendo left that aren't already represented in some way in Ultimate, and not really much to shill besides Three Houses or some shit.

Why the fuck would they wait for a concert to announce shit when there's pretty obviously gonna be a direct.

Is P5R even the same game as P5? I thought it was a spin-off that ties into the main game.

I cant wait for Joker to become the new Bayonetta

Piranha Plant?

>with some sort of Blade-switching mechanic between Pyra and Mythra.

Would be great. They even have Pneuma as an option for Final Smash.

I don’t think Joker will drop tomorrow morning but I think it’s ridiculous to think he’s not releasing by the end of the week. The Best Buy ad specifically being for this week seals the deal

I think a Smash direct this week sounds more reasonable then a character release

they better have this as his victory screen

At this point wouldn't you rather just have the release than ONLY another video about Jokah? The hype is petering out.

At least Edelgard uses an axe.

That's what I keep telling my bro

I bet you think Cuphead was ever owned by Microsoft.

Who the fuck cares about reasonable, its been nearly 5 fucking months

why did they decide to open up with joker?

>hey here's this personality-less, mute character who isn't a third party icon like all the others, get hyped!
not a good start for the DLC

They'll probably add like 2 at once around e3.

Because Nintendo was thinking about the majority of people, who played P5, and not you, the shitposter who wants to rile up drama.

>majority of people who played P5
>sony exclusive
>not even 3 million sold
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

>implying we won't just get Byleth with a sword like Corrin and Robin before them.

Pretty sure Byleth would have another whip, if anything

if they wanted a game majority of people played, there are at least like 8 ps4 games they could have pulled out instead

>He starts running in circles for his

I pray to god they limit the third parties for the DLC. Joker is already a disappointment and there were too many as is

Attached: pondering.jpg (1300x1300, 208K)

It'll be either this week or next week I think, before Cuphead comes out at least. I don't think they'll launch him without a trailer or direct of some sort first, and I don't think they'll post one unannounced. They always announce the trailer the day before, but idk if they'd really put an announcement out on april fools day.

You got your overgrown lizard. Shoo shoo

>joker runs in circles around the losers
>they just stand there, clapping

Attached: 1514562373401.png (872x632, 159K)

There's no important 1st parties left. Porky missed his chance. Before anyone names a bunch of them, they're not important. It's scraping the bottom of the barrel just to include them, not because they would be fun.

I would rather scrape the bottom of nintendo's barrel than have a poor third party when there are better choices