Is this still worth a playthrough in current year?

Is this still worth a playthrough in current year?

Attached: Chrono_Trigger_cover.jpg (857x600, 522K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cmY2wf7T428
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get it on DS

Yes, it's good fun.

Yes.

Don't do this.

Wrong

yes

Its the best way.

Yeah. It's pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=cmY2wf7T428

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

If you do play it on DS, skip the arena and skip the Lost Sanctum. This new content is shit.
Specifically, the Arena is a monster battling thing that's really unfun, and the Lost Sanctum is a shit-ass dungeon that makes you backtrack the same fucking linear path and encounters over and over.

The Dimensional Vortex post-game dungeon is actually good though.

There is one perk to the Arena, it lets you get a Workman's Wallet accessory at the beginning of the game. This lets you do a low level run.
The Arena also lets you farm Magic/Power/Speed tabs, which are normally finite in the game proper, with exception to Power Tabs in a certain part of the Black Omen.

It’s shit

Absolutely, Chrono Trigger is a timeless classic and one of the best JRPGs ever made

I played it for the first time and absolutely loved my time with it. It’s pretty worth it, imo.

Attached: 6781E17D-802F-4851-87A3-07B5E3C765A1.gif (166x189, 5K)

No one's ever made anything like it but better, so yes.

It's a game for brainlets.

Did the game somehow rust or spoil? Don't be a retard

Maybe.
I played through it and had a blast with the battle system.
The soundtrack is the best soundtrack of any JRPG in literal decades, every track is extremely fun and memorable.
The story is alright, I didn't really care, the bosses are awesome and challenging enough.
And the characters are all great, Ayla is objectively best girl.

Objectively yes, it's one of the best games ever made no matter how much contrarians will claim otherwise

Attached: 4x9.jpg (2924x1477, 3.7M)

DS is the definitive version

If DS isn't the right way to play what is? I'm interested. Can I emulate it?

>TWEWY
My nigga

Sure, just don't expect much special from the characters. They're likable but they really don't get a whole a lot to do or say due to the 3-member limit.

emulate the SNES

this, the "bonus content" in any version after the original ruins the kino experience

> Trails in the sky, Valkyrie Profile & Vagrant Story, Phantasy Star, Skies of Arcadia, Wind Waker, TWEWY, Persona 2, Fatal Frame, NiGHTS & Panzer Dragoon
Based as fuck

Yeah, it's a timeless game, just like Chrono Cross (faggots will disagree with me).