SEKIRO LORE THREAD

where did the bugs come from?
also how and why the fuck did that fat carp teleport to the watering hole?

Attached: 1554050689255.jpg (1920x1080, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl_Sutra
folkency.nfm.go.kr/en/topic/detail/5537
youtube.com/watch?v=3-FJP8Kjc3k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Bzws05nZYM
youtube.com/watch?v=DA4IwMhSHbU&feature=youtu.be&t=4
youtube.com/watch?v=UNPrcl88Jd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you look at the antique map, you can see that the waters flow from Fountainhead directly to the watering hole. Also the description for the flower says something about growing from sacred waters.

I find the parallels to the animal zodiac interesting.
For example Dog(Wolf) and Dragon are diametrically opposed on the cycle.

Attached: aic-zodiac-3.gif (424x424, 32K)

oh, I feel dumb now
another question, is the pot guy in hirata estate and fountainhead palace the same dude? is he the fish with the red eyes that swims around in mibu village?

>where did the bugs come from?
they were normal bugs, they became clever immortal bugs drunk on divine power

I didn't get anything in this game. I don't know if I'm a brainlet, but I genuinely don't understand any of it. I got the true ending, by the way

The Infested are the one who have insect in them, my guess is they are the monks experiment.

Attached: 1552776496403.jpg (642x642, 105K)

that's kinda uninteresting but I guess it makes sense

No, he's a different guy who hear of the immortal carp and send you to kill it

you can see weird worms in palace pond.

Don't worry, gamers. Our boy will provide us with answers

Attached: idiot.jpg (900x900, 77K)

what's the downside to clean sacred water? why did genichiro want kuro's blood when he was already immortal? sorry if it's obvious but I missed it

can't wait him to steal Kuro is a girl and loli rice is eggs theories.

seems like a coincidence, if the other animal shinobi were there you could be on to something

i don't think the worms have anything to do with the lore.
The centipedes were created by the monks the reach pseudo immortality in form by puppet control by bugs

any theories on why the dragon only has one arm?

you still die of old age, can't cure diseases, kuro got direct connection to dragon power

he's probably in this thread right now taking notes

Beside Owl(Father) and Monkey(Sculptor) there's none

Theres a note a Senpou saying to not drink the water because eggs.

dragon is the giant sakura tree in the palace. owl broke it's branch.

>i don't think the worms have anything to do with the lore.
what? they're obviously what polluted the sacred water, where else would the eggs come from?

Right now it's either Tomoe or Owl that did it

Sun Wu Kong kicked hiss ass and made him run to Japan. Now we are going back to kick his ass and that of his simian relatives.

Monkey is the giant ape guardian.

damn I actually knew that, it escaped me for a moment
it was definitely owl

But the Corrupted Monk is infested and has nothing to do with Senpou Temple.

Why did young Isshin literally come out of Genichiro
Is he old Isshin?
Did Isshin betray you?
Why did he need a mortal blade
Why is Genichiro immortal, is he infected by the centipedes?
Why did Genichiro kill himself
Why did the sculptor turn into demon of hatred
?

>le kuro menstruation meme
First of all, he's explicitly male you tards. Second off, menstruation is seen as extremely dirty by Buddhists. So dirty that it lands you in hell. This is why women can never be Buddhist monks. Menstruation is impure. There is an entire Japanese sutra dedicated to describing the torture in hell of woman who have menstruated yet not repented.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl_Sutra

no. sculptor nickname was orangutan

I look forward to him taking stuff from these thread and acting like he came up with them.

She doesn't?

yea me too, I can't wait for him to repeat all the reddit post he steals. i..i mean gets inspired by

I don't think the monks created the centipedes, since that would mean they created the guardian ape and corrupted monk which don't seem to have any relation to senpou, it's more likely the monks just found the centipedes through their research

And ape guardian is a monkey.

what happend at mibu village?

Too much Sake

>he's explicitly male you tards
let's ignore all context evidence and love of japan for reverse traps. you sound gay user, why are you so set on Kuro being male?
secondly Kuro got absolutely nothing to do with Buddhism.

why are ministry shinobis one-armed? or at least only using one arm
>Why did young Isshin literally come out of Genichiro
it was genichiro's desperate last wish, he had to obey it and fight sekiro
>Is he old Isshin?
no, prime
>Did Isshin betray you?
no, see above
>Why is Genichiro immorta
rejuvenating water
>is he infected by the centipedes?
no, clean sacred water
>Why did Genichiro kill himself
he used the black blade to bring isshin back because he was too weak himself
>Why did the sculptor turn into demon of hatred?
he became a sculptor when he almost fell to bloodshed, and the war with the ministry tipped him over the edge. he failed to become shura (manifestation of asura) and became a demon instead

I think she's based on the Tale of Yao Bikuni.

so is the sculptor in his final form.

I'm 99% sure she isn't. Shes a guardian of the Fountainhead Palace and even made an illusion of herself to block the wedding cave at Mibu Village.

You mean not enough Sake

Sekiro>soulsborn story

>Why did young Isshin literally come out of Genichiro
power of black mortal blade- opening the gate into underworld

I'm seriously wondering this too. why were they all fucked and high on shitty water? none of them were immortal

>why are you so set on kuro being male
This is a retarded question. That's like asking "why are you set on sekiro being a shinobi". It's a fact, tard.
>kuro has nothing to do with buddhism
The entire game upholds Buddhism you retard. It speaks not of Shinto at all.

bloodborne has a way better and more coherent story than souls, don't lump them together. but yeah sekiro actually has decent writing

additionally the infested seem to be a known thing in the world that has been around for a while since the mortal blades which can kill them likely predate the senpou temple monks losing their way

his videos arent bad, just infuriatingly shallow. he just drops some vague shit here and there and moves on. and then asks to like and subscribe.

but its youtube. what the hell do you expect. if you want real lore, do your own snooping. vaati viewers are all just kind of lazily watching shit like any youtuber.

They're two different guys, even their names are different. Hirata one wants to become a carp, he's not the fish with red eyes in mibu village.

Where's this note, I think I must have missed it.

He's just waiting for others to do all the thinking for him.

I think it's lovecraftian idea at work here, they are half into fish people territory but not yet like palace nobles, sake is very diluted carp waters

Good guy Isshin stopped sculptor from becoming shura once by cutting his arm off

Blodborne's story isn't coherent at all.

can someone explain to me what being the divine heir actually does? I guess I just am not following why he's important in the context of society in ashina. Is he kind of like the pope?

>It speaks not of Shinto at all.
it speaks of both, you are simply too ignorant to see it.

what part isn't?

Bloodborne's plot is intentionally incoherent because it's trying to use lovecraft as inspiration.

that new fedora smells nice... i can smell it from here...

you have to ability to make people immortal, and it has to be given, not forced. that seems like a pretty big deal to me

>clean sacred water
why didne"t he use that on his troops then?

>Is he kind of like the pope?
kinda, but with real divine powers.

>Bloodborne's plot is intentionally incoherent
what part? what are you even talking about? some lore here and here is vague, but the story itself is very straight forward

i legitimately think this is the guiding moonlight that ludwig was talking about. They basically "guide" you through the level

It even has similar particle effects as the holy moonlight sword

Attached: guiding moonlight.jpg (3840x2160, 985K)

he didn't have whole pond of it?

I want to have sex with the rice girl

I would imagine it takes quite a bit of effort to get a hold of clean sacred water, it's not something just anyone can do

>lump of fat wax
>item description says it's found in people who are diseased badly and dying of cancer and shit
>hard to find for most of the game
>after doing PLOT STUFF suddenly starts dropping very highly from monks in the temple

VAATI WHY ARE THE MONKS DYING THIS IS WORTH A VIDEO

No it doesn't, retard.
>muh miko
Kuro is not a 巫女 (Miko lit. "Shrine Girl")
He is a 御子 (Miko lit. "Divine Child" aka synonym for the Emperor's son, prince)
>muh gods
Buddhism has gods. Every sugar you get in the game has the name of a Buddhist god attached to it. There is not one Shinto kami mentioned at all
>muh white snake
That's not Mishaguji.

can I get a quick rundown on loli eggs theory, I missed the thread

>guy goes to Yharnam for some reason to seek paleblood (????)
>bumps into dream (???)
>whacky shit from henceforth
>barely even get to learn about the church and the vilebloods or who oedon is
the game is 100% intentionally incoherent and leaves a bunch of things as vague as possible.

Because you die if you arent compatible as evident by all the child corpses at Senpou.

You have too much insight bro, stop before you go mad

if you look really closely frame by frame, you see that you actually turn into a pig on the exact frame you kill the snake

and, didnt emma say he died of a disease? doesn't sound so clean to me.......

what happens in the bad ending exactly
how come following your father means you become a demon

Why didn't kuro took that secret passage that connects his chamber to the dilapidated shrine while in captivity? It was probably used by Emma to visit the sculptor, so it's not like he didn't know about it

Unironically based. Those who say that it's not about Buddhism at all are so damn blind it's shameful.

They talk about becoming demons, its becoming a Shura. just some blood lust shit, nothin fancy

Dude vampires.

Isshin died of a disease, and he never drank the water.

>guy goes to Yharnam for some reason to seek paleblood (????)
the main character is sick and comes to yharnam for it's infamous blood, it's explicitly stated
>bumps into dream (???)
the fuck are you talking about?
>whacky shit from henceforth
again, what the fuck are you talking about?
>barely even get to learn about the church and the vilebloods or who oedon is
we learn loads about the church, it was founded by laurence after he found the blood deep among the ancient civilization in the labyrinths
oedon is a formless god, there's not much known about him
it's not very relevant to the story, at all. you're grasping at straws

Not tall enough to ride the shinobi door ride

He still turned into the Demon of Hatred tho

it doesn't, it means you have given in to being a killing machine

Sculptor snapped now you are too

i swear im not mad though, they're everywhere in the level

>the main character is sick
proof?

I think one of the more important questions is how the fuck Isshen popped outta Genichiro in the Immortal Severance ending. I felt gypped, like they couldn't think of a better final boss, so they unnecessarily tacked on a previous one for the first phase, making you fight him over and over again every time you get destroyed by Isshen. It was retarded.

it's sealed, it says so when you try to use it before saving him

DoH is like a failed version of Shura

kuro got direct connection to divine dragon,
like japan emperor got direct connection to amaterasu.
that's what shinto is about. you don't understand what shinto-buddhism means or why it became that way. fyi it wasn't that way during sengoku, it was still quite separate and only started merging

Do Kami in Japan simply not exist or did From willingly choose to not use them for Sekiro? Only reason I could think of is that they planned a duology for the game to ease players into the buddhist/hindu setting when the characters go west.

why else would he come to Yarnham for the shit that is explicitly used to cure people of ailments.

Red sword kills immortals, black sword brings people back from underworld. Genichiro brings his grand pappy back because he's too much of a bitch to defeat you.

There seem to be multiple factions.

Palace nobles - cthulhu fish people in japan.

Senpou centipedes - desperate monks trying to go immortal.

Dragon Blood Heirs - Ashina.

Favorite area of the game?

I said I wanted proof, not suspicions or theories.

who cares what you want

Why does daddy Owl murder you and then still have you side with him?

Alright Yea Forums how do you decide to give which sake to which character?!
I have like 5 sake,but haven't used them yet cause i don't want to miss out on important dialogue or any sort of extra secrets they may tell me

because that's the reason the old blood was used, people injected it to stay healthy but it backfired. do you seriously need everything spelled out for you?

I see lot of people missed a chest near isshin room.

what happens if I ring the big green bell?

Attached: 172367ede31e3beb7d4ad02a612832d3ecfc2b6fc8793304d73e2a5a2576809f.gif (160x160, 170K)

The game has heavily Buddhist overtones more than Shinto ones, which is why Kami weren't used as far as I know.
>going west
Considering the Dragon is Chinese, since that sword is distinctly Chinese, they're going to CHOINA and it's going to be more Buddhist probably.

Give them to Sculptorbro for feels
Give them to Emma for Sculptorbro feels and some stuff about her
Give them to Isshin for broing it up

also, the background of the character is player determined, all you need to know about him is that he went to yharnam for it's blood
it's extremely straight forward, I don't understand how this makes the entire plot incoherent

It will ring your jimmies in return

fountainhead

it's that way for ashina because it's dominated by a damn dragon, dragon is the master of ashina on divine level

>Considering the Dragon is Chinese
Well, technically, the dragon should be Korean since it wields the Nanatsusaya.

>isshin
>broing it up
>LMAOO IMMA KILL YOU SEKIRO
he's a piece of garbage

mibu, senpou,palace, I like castles so that
valley was okay with giant statues part

So was Owl with the people invading Ashina or did he have his own agenda?

are you fucking retarded? he HAD to, it was genichiro's last wish and demand. it wasn't a choice

not him, but i think Oedon is why the blood has healing properties. Why does he do this is unknown though its theorised that he was using it to spread the word (since he only exists in voice) and locate women to impregnate with an infant Great One

It said "locked from the other side" retardo

The Emperors don't communicate with with Amaterasu. They're just descended from Amaterasu.
>muh dragon god
Vritra, Kulika, Anata, etc
The Nagarajas AKA the Ryu-o in Japan are Buddhist dragon gods. Since the game only names Buddhist deities and not one kami, and since this dragon has no official name, it's likely one of the Ryu-o.

were the people who raided the hirata estate really just bandits?

It was created in China.

I think you're right about that, been a while since I've messed around in bloodborne
either way, the story isn't incoherent at all and that user is a huge brainlet

>honorfags

no.

WHY THE FUCK IS THE SPEAR NOT PULLING OFF THE ARMORED WARRIORS ARMOR?

I read you pull his armor off with the pull mechanic and its not doing anything.
I wanted to kill his ass and not resort to knocking him off the cliff

That sword was stolen from the chinks by the gooks, since it's origins are from China, whether we're going to Korea or China is debatable now that I think about it, since both are West relative to Japan.

Yes, eavesdrop on them in the Purification route.

The game's general story isn't hard to understand at all. Scholars found an alien and vials of blood. They used the blood to heal people but then they turned into monsters. The head scholar banned the use of blood and decided to instead try to push human evolution by grafting more and more eyes into the brain, to have people LARP as gods instead of being infused with their essence. One of his students said, "Fuck that," and created the church to administer the blood from the alien body they found as a "cure" for the old blood's side effects. This church then enlisted hunters to kill people when they turned into beasts to try and hide the side effects of the new blood, as well as a new school to try and ape his former master's research into (literal) insight. That part of the story is easy to understand. Oedon is an invisible great one who impregnated a woman (descendant of the Pthumerians, I think) and gave birth to Mergo.

I find Sekiro way more confusing. Is Butterfly on Kuro's side? Their little exchange implies as much, and she thinks Wolf is trying to kidnap him when she's actually protecting him, right? Was Wolf three years ago ACTUALLY trying to kidnap Kuro? If so, why did Owl backstab him? If not, why did Owl hire thieves to attack the Hirata Estate and not tell Wolf, then pretend to die to give Wolf the key to Butterfly's room? Why not give the key to the thieves? Who's side is everyone on?

Why does Genichiro want the dragonblood when he's already immortal? Why is Kuro getting stabbed by Genichiro's mortal blade a bad thing but getting stabbed with Wolf's is what he wants? Why did Genichiro do that at all?

Whose side is Isshin even on? He actually died at the top of the fucking castle when there's no enemies around and Emma is fine, to "his illness?" That sounds retarded. It sounds more like he killed himself or faked his death or Genichiro killed him. But then Emma would have to be in on it, 'cause she's a doctor and wouldn't be fooled. What

>yes
>no
!!

That's just a theory

>antique map
Got a pic?

okay, but genichiro was with kuro the whole time, how would he escape?
>thinking it had anything to do with honor
I think the black blade is a bit more important than that

Because that armor isn't loosely fitted.
It tears off other enemies loosely fitted armor quite well though, and does good posture damage that way.

Eavesdrop on them during the Purification route.

European full body armour>>>shitty japanese plates

learn to fucking read you absolute brainlet, it says poorly fitting armor

Just go to the travel option at the idol and hit Y/triangle.

it pulls off "poorly fitted armor" it wasn't made for glorious European steel

did emma make kuro a man?

are these areas supposed to be perma locked at the end of the game? need to know before i fight the final boss

Attached: are these supposed to be locked.jpg (1920x1080, 252K)

Did isshin do it because he honored his grandson's last wish (and because he fucking killed himself for it) or was it magic that forced him to do it because geni wanted it.

It literally has chinese inscriptions on it.

Also the entire Senpou plotline kind of references a particular korean folktale
folkency.nfm.go.kr/en/topic/detail/5537

lol

So i have to kncok him off the cliff then?
Lameeeeeeee

FUCK

Would be interesting regardless, I'm game for more Divine realm raiding. Korea has it and so does China. But fountainhead is clearly wearing okami armor, not sure why though. Not really sure why there's a fucking dragon holding the seven branched sword in the first place.

A Game Theory
I'm sorry I had to

Who were the red dudes that invaded the castle. I didn't get that.

Did you know Koreans also spoke Chinese until the year 500?

>The Emperors don't communicate with with Amaterasu.
they did before whole buddhism revolution. then it faded a bit and then they did again, shinto faded from political structure for a while then returned at the end of heian when shit hit the fan and people got desperate, but stuck this time kamakura and muromachi was a shinto revival
and sengoku of course because things gone mad
my point is it's both. it got buddhist and shinto themes like historical japan, buddhism and shinto coexisted then merged in duration of 600 years.

>how come following your father means you become a demon
It's stated at the beginning Wolf has lost any will of living, cutting his ties with Kuro cause Wolf to go bonkers and become Shura(being blessed with immortality and being good at killing is a deadly combination). Isshin saw that in his eyes.

pretty sure he had to, I mean he was literally brought back from the dead in his prime
>So i have to kncok him off the cliff then Lameeeeeeee
it's unique as fuck and the only time you have to do that in this game. why would you have him be just another enemy?

Because the Dragon isn't native to Japan, the riceloli says this.

the ministry, it's stated early on that the ashina clan is falling apart. that's why genichiro is so desperate, he wants to preserve their reign no matter the cost

Huh, never noticed

>Is Butterfly on Kuro's side?
Of course not you dumbass, why would she maim the Hirata lord and hypnotize Kuro if that were the case?
>If so, why did Owl backstab him?
Because he's a dirty asshole
>Why does Genichiro want the dragonblood when he's already immortal?
Genichiro isn't immortal, the rejuvenating waters he used just give him VERY high recovery and resilience but it's not on the same level of the dragon blood, Genichiro also wanted to mass produce dragon blood so he could create an invincible army to protect Ashina, that why Doujun is doing that research in the dungeon.
>Why is Kuro getting stabbed by Genichiro's mortal blade a bad thing but getting stabbed with Wolf's is what he wants?
Because Wolf has the Dragon's Tears and Genichiro doesn't? Hello?
>Whose side is Isshin even on?
His own.

The most important question need to be answered.

If the rice loli could feel that Kuro was happy inside of her in the Dragon's Homecoming ending. Can Kuro feel the pleasure of being cummed inside?

Attached: 20190331195314_1.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

How did they go from chinkspeak to that abbominable tongue they speak today?

EXCUSE ME BUT WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT GIANT MOUNTAIN SIZED STRAW MAN

Owl is a shinobi, a mercenary for hire, he more than likely planned to assist, or act like he was helping, the Interior Ministry, since some of the spies start killing when he goes to Kuro. He says he wants to take Kuro away from there to stash the dragon blood for himself. Basically the same reason for why he wanted you to protect Kuro. Lady Butterfly was with Owl too. They were going to hypnotize Kuro to give them the blood. Too bad you ruined the plan and Owl just kills you then and there. In the Shura, ending its revealed that he wanted to rule over Japan so that his name will ring across Japan, Ukonzaemon Usu-- something.

Possibly a bit of both, magic forced him to do it but since it was his grandson's wish and he really wanted to fight sekiro, he eased into it

late japanese armor is essentially brigantine type
was very expensive and valued in europe
also keep in mind armor was for cavalry most of all.

Try going to all those idols.

>it's unique as fuck and the only time you have to do that in this game. why would you have him be just another enemy?
True True.
I just beat him thanks for aid guys

in the bad ending hwat happens to gennichiro?

It's actually pretty good. Simpler than Chinese and easier to learn. The king then cooked it up for his people to learn cuz he said "fuck Mandarin"

Damn that attire ususally makes woman look ugly but rice-loli looks cute.

>Kuro is a girl theory
??? is this some kind of homo cope theory

no, why would you think that?

Reposting from another thread because this is more on topic: who stabs wolf after the butterfly? Is it Owl? The blade looks too straight to be his.

Also, did he threw the shuriken in the cutscene after you beat the first genichiro? This could go well with the fact that he has the black mortal blade in the shura ending, but frankly I think that's the crow ninja's doing (the one who picks up kuro)

What's up with Taro Persimmon and how it differs from normal ones?

What are your expectations for the DLC? Personally I think we'll get another bell charm, possibly related to Tomoe and Takeru. The return ending's journey to the west seems too much like sequel material to me (which I hope we won't get, I'm fine with the immortal severance ending's sculptor Sekiro)

Last question: was the divine child actually pregnant in return ending?

Attached: Comics Store Guy.jpg (182x232, 11K)

You can assume he gets steamrolled by Shura Sekiro.

Sekiro destroys Ashina and kills almost everyone. You do the math on how Genichiro reacted during that

Chrono Cross reference.

Attached: 432434343.jpg (380x796, 87K)

Nice straw man

Why and how was the guardian ape possessed by a giant centipede? Also was the ape fully possessed by it? Or did it have free will till you cut off the head?

>Is it Owl?
yes
>Also, did he threw the shuriken in the cutscene after you beat the first genichiro?
no, the dude carrying kuro did that

google shimenawa

it's made of ropes used to belt sacred trees
dragon is a tree
and you say it got no shinto references, what the hell people

I misread

>Is it Owl?
Yes
>did he threw the shuriken in the cutscene after you beat the first genichiro?
No, those are Ashina Tengu shuriken, not Owl's
>What's up with Taro Persimmon and how it differs from normal ones?
Unique reward from Taro that you can stack in your inventory to have 2 persimmon slots, also gives you a unique dialogue option with rice loli if you gift it to her, it makes her very, very happy, so do that.
>What are your expectations for the DLC
Tomoe/Sculptor Bell charms.
>was the divine child actually pregnant in return ending?
Apparently so.

>that video of him dissecting what a meme is over the course of six long minutes

I have a boner, what's the epic lore on THAT, sekiretards?

Fuck off, Owl

>threw the shuriken
That cut protag arm? It thought it was a distraction from one of those fuckers that live on the rooftops of Ashina castle?

Fuck this ape thot

Attached: 1534427134673.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

>Why and how was the guardian ape possessed by a giant centipede?
Corrupted waters.

i did
couldn't find any unless i missed something

Yes but that dragon clearly isn't Amaterasu. It could be Benzaiten or Shesha for all we know.

new game + does not start automatically, you choose if you want to start it or not so don't worry about that

i never got that part either
why did he stab you in the first place after the butterfly fight

It's a old throwback of old Chinese myths, where emperors were descendants of dragons and had supernatural powers.

Kuro is a 御子, which means a prince, i.e implied to be the heir of a divine emperor, i.e implied to be the heir of a divine dragon.

he got killed by shura wolf
also the game should have let you play as shura wolf and destroy ashina

D:

Miyazaki forgot

>No Mibu ballon for skill points
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKK YOU FROM!

Attached: 1398627656046.jpg (430x544, 64K)

How can kuro be a woman if he can’t bleed?

Delet this

Attached: sekiro Screenshot 2019.03.30 - 21.46.55.61.png (1920x1080, 3.56M)

no, just inconsistencies with Kuro being male
1. miko is female
2. hiding chest, drawing blood from chest
3. wants to be cake maker
4. Ema empathy levels off charts for Kuro
5. dragon got female bride in palace
I really don't care, Ema is best girl anyway, but reverse traps are nice.

>die a lot
>everybody gets sick
what the fuck, this game really holds it over your head.

what's with the slugs in mibu village? the lake is full of them and all the corpses in the lake have their heads buried in the ground

I know it's some kind of Jap mythos creature, forgot the name.

The fountainhead waters go to it's watering hole, it got infected.
All the centipede provided was a shitter immortality compared to Kuro's, which was still pretty shitty but not as shitty. So the Ape did have free will, the centipede doesn't mind control or anything like that. It just provides whatever it infests with shitty immortality.

Yes, it's Owl. He does nearly the same to Sekiro during their second meeting, notice how no surrounding sound is made when Sekiro gets stabbed the first time, and when he tries to stab him the second time.
While that is kinda loose, he's in Butterfly's arena during the Purification route, and did try to kill him there.

Because Sekiro wasn't supposed to be there and fucked up their plans to get Kuro to give them immortality by killing Lady Butterfly/breaking her illusion.
Do the Purification ending.

sorry I know next to nothing about asian culture in regards to royalty and stuff. So he's in line to become king of ashina or the ministry or what?

what is the lore reason for dragonrot? is it possible robert has dragonrot?

I decided to look into it for a bit for you user. There is no explicit mythology of a giant straw man in buddhist mythology, but there are different states of being in buddhist beliefs, called devas. One of these are called devas of Rūpadhātu. They are sexless and passionless and are often guards of deva-worlds, basically heavenly areas that are above earth. Don't know if this is it, but searching "straw man" won't give you much.
I really fucking doubt this is what they intended and they probably just wanted some cool fucking thing to take you higher and not have to resort to teleportation again.

why does SS isshin have lightning?

>Of course not you dumbass
Well, then why the fuck did she lock herself up in that room? Why don't they leave before the Ashina soldiers show up?
>why would she maim the Hirata lord
She did?
>hypnotize Kuro
I dunno. Calm him down?
>Because he's a dirty asshole
Fine. Why did he think everything would be cool between you two when you met him later? What even happened to him? Did he backstab you and NOT kidnap Kuro? Or did you actually get up and fight him? Neither make sense.
>the rejuvenating waters he used just give him VERY high recovery and resilience
Oh, so he had the longsword +23 but really, really wanted the longsword +25. What a great villain.
>Because Wolf has the Dragon's Tears and Genichiro doesn't?
I don't even remember what the tears do.

>Ashina was doomed to fail and it did
The entire game made me feel really bad about the people of Ashina especially towards the end when the end was coming.

IGNORANT WEEB GETS DESTROYED BY FACTS AND LOGIC

They fucking tell you retard.
While Kuro's immortality is better than the centipede shit, the downside is that it takes the life force of those around them, which is why the people Sekiro interact with obtain Dragonrot when he dies too often.

never said that, I simply draw parallels
japan got thousands of gods, and every god got to have a priest/priestess
there were even traveling miko in middle ages

emma literally says it, repeated usage of the blood exhausts it's power and it has to draw from somewhere else

Because he fought Tomoe and admired her. He probably learned it from her.

>gives him the key to the temple
>Wtf whya re you n the temple

probably what infected the waters and made the villagers half-fish, it's basically fishing hamlet 2

>They are sexless and passionless and are often guards of deva-worlds, basically heavenly areas that are above earth.
*tips straw hat*

I don't really know much about tomoe, could I get a rundown?

fuck you man
emma is bae

Attached: file.png (1449x1691, 1.8M)

Damn shame this game has no secrets hidden locations and items with it maneuverability options.

Just more shitty not even worth the use items.
I havent used any candies since i started the game and im on the last quest in Kongo temple.

Can anyone tell me if the Phantom kunai are better than the level 3 shuriken.
Do those butterfly's do shit or what?

>in the ending where kuro dies emma doesn't marry sekiro
she deserved it

>need 35 skill points for everything on Mishin page
>ng++ still not providing me with copious amounts of EXP
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Damn shame this game has no secrets hidden locations and items with it maneuverability options.
You can miss a ton of places and optional stuff in this game wth

The hardest hitting part was seeing some of the larger ogreish guys just weeping near the Ashina castle idol and ignoring you.

phantom kunai is tight as fuck

Ashina was already in shambles by the time the game starts, nothing you could do about it.
And even if Genichiro won I doubt he would have seen his plans succeed either way, Dousaku and Doujun's research was a failure, Dragonrot would have eventually maimed his entire army of jobbers the moment they tried to go against the ministry, Isshin was also on his deathbed and on top of it all he had a timebomb Shura waiting to explode in his backyard.

>mother of genichiro
>oathbound to previous divine heir
>tried to kill herself, failed
>she's buried near his master, so they probably succeded in immortal severance

she was the main blade of the previous lord, lord takeshi
takeshi had dragon blood too like kuro and they tried to sever it but couldn't since they didn't have the mortal blade

>and on top of it all he had a timebomb Shura waiting to explode in his backyard
wut

very skilled swordswoman who was with the prior lord who severed immorality, she's dead but will probably be in the dlc as long as it's not journey to the west

>Isshin say he killed Shura before
Who is he talking about?

He's may be the literal empror of japan.
Or just a noble with magical powers. Since there was no actual dragons in sengoku japan it's kind of hard to reconcile game lore with reality.

I was also disappointed by the lack of little secrets. There were a lot of individuals with personality, but not like tucked into corners or anything, just out in the open, like the crying manbaby in pink or the celestial weeb dancing on the bridge.

>everyone called me retarded in another thread for saying the Shimichen Warrior in the abandoned dungeons was a mandatory mini-boss
>go there again in NG+ to clearly see that a fog wall blocks progression to the giant hole

Attached: 1533285551821.jpg (800x800, 101K)

Loli rice eggs makes sense.

I just want more bug stuff
They're probably natural parasites of the sacred waters that flowed down river and infected things like big monkey and then the monks caught wind of them and started experimenting
but I don't get how having an immortal bug in you makes you immortal
maybe the bug keeps your body moving as best it can but doesn't really heal you? That brings up questions with Hanbei who could seemingly heal

Damn yeah I remember those. Poor fellas.

basically previous sekiro
takeru +tomoe=>tought Gencchiiro how to fight
then takeru and tomoe went away somewhere and kuro got connected to dragon

>they were normal bugs, they became clever immortal bugs drunk on divine power

Attached: download.jpg (192x262, 7K)

Isshin chopped of the Sculptor's arm before he became a Shura.

nah he was a pussy who just retarded a transfomation into demon
he never could've beaten a shura even at his prime

>What ending u want dude?

Attached: 354435534435435435.jpg (664x258, 39K)

do you have any proof for the mother thing
all we know is that she taught genichiro

that's just straight up not true, you don't need to fight him at all
sorry, but you're still retarded

Hanbei doesn't heal, his body only function like a zombie puppet

explain, I missed this theroy

From what I understand the sacred waters give you immortality but some of the centipedes and other bugs became immortal and laid eggs in the water that got inside some people

it is not mandatory. Don't fall in his pit, jump into the depths and move on. RETARD

It's more or less the only shinto reference of the entire game, and it's more of a cultural thing.

There are no Shinto gods in the game. No Shinto myths, no Shinto powers, no Shinto gods being invoked for their blessings, no Shinto temple. There are, however, a Buddhist dragon, a Buddhist temple, Buddhist candies, Buddhist martial arts and Buddhist powers.

The only very vaguely Shinto shit is O'rin, and she's clearly some kind of Youkai.

I find it really charming. Games set in Japans tend to be heavily into Shinto and/or Youkai thematics, but Sekiro gave no fucks and instead chose to have a heavy Buddhist thematics.

>miko is female
For the LAST FUCKING TIME YOU GODAWFUL CLOSET HOMO RETARD
KURO IS NOT A FUCKING 巫女 (MIKO; SHRINE MAIDEN) HE IS A 御子 (MIKO; PRINCE)
HOW FUCKING RETARDED ARE YOU?
NOBLES AREN'T SHRINE MAIDENS
THE REASON HE IS CALLED THE DIVINE HEIR IS BECAUSE HE'S THE EMPEROR'S SON
AKA A PRINCE AKA A MIKO (御子)
NOT A FUCKING SHINTO SHRINE MAIDEN
>hiding chest
There is nothing to hide, retard. It's completely flat.
>wants to be a cake maker
So? You do realize that baking is a male and female job, right? Cookery isn't exclusive to women you absolute retard.
>dragon has female bride
Because Kuro is male? Retard
>ema empathy
Is Ema unable to empathize for males? Kill yourself. Your whole retard theory isn't a theory ar all. It's just cope because you are a closet homo.
>shitposting this hard
The dragon doesn't have a name and there are Buddhist dragon gods. Not one kami is named in Sekiro yet Buddhist gods are plenty.
>muh weeb
Are you really this offended that I know more about Japanese culture than you and ousted you as a closet homo who can't face the fact that his video game crush is a little boy?

Sekiro wasn't supposed to be there in the first place, not because Owl told him "don't be there", but rather the raid that was happening was because there already was a fight going on that left the Estate defenseless.
You can hear this through talking to an NPC in the house who accuses Sekiro of leading the bandits there, since there already was a fight going on and Sekiro was supposed to be in that area, not the Estate.
While he did give him the key, he did stab him there, since Owl is in that area when you use Owl's bell on the Buddha statue, and eavesdropping on the enemies in that area gives even more details about it.

I don't think he did, but he did chop off the Sculptors arm before Sculptor could become a Shura.

If you go through the well at the start of the game you'll skip it.

I must've missed something obvious, who's the girl at the top of fountainhead palace?

you really need kuro to be a boy, don't you you little faggot

She's an Okami Warrior Woman from the Fountainhead Palace that served the previous Lord Takeru and then Isshin/Genichiro. Its speculated she's this games version of Tomoe Gozen and Takeru might be Yamato Takeru but thats just speculah. She liked Genichuro as a pupil and according to Emma she created the lightning attacks for Genichiro since she always saw him chasing the lightning at the mountains. She also apparently fought Isshin in his prime and he tells you it was the closest he has ever come to death.

He's referring to the sculptor who can turn into one at the end of the game.

This's important, is Emma pure?

Attached: Emma the drunk.jpg (720x1000, 292K)

you get past him from another entrance.

Are you retarded?

GOOD Q

its probably tomoe

The Shimichen warrior blocks access to the hole which leads to Ashina depths you idiot.

Attached: 1535414864903.png (1591x872, 1.69M)

isshin was lonely user.....

Holy fucking based. Homos in denial BTFO.

he doesn't turn into shura, he fails and becomes a demon instead. it's literally stated in the game

theres a shortcut you dont know about nigger boy

Not if you move past without aggroing him you dumbfuck.

>hey let's put a Filianore reskin near the end of the game, this will wrap things up nicely

Who the fuck was the oracle of fountainhead palace?

git gud at jumping and you'll never encounter him

she's as pure as you get
emma is best girl

Oh thanks, good to know. But doesn't he need to swim for that? Do you mean the well that he starts in?

Deepest lore.

Attached: corrupted monk.jpg (1194x1247, 287K)

don't fucking fall in the pit, just go around
hahahaha jesus christ you're beyond retarded, don't fucking initiate a fight

But when you examine her again it says "the priestess sleeps peacefully" or something like that, and while this does not exclude her being Tomoe, she's never called a priestess.

It auto aggro's when jumping in the hole you disingenuous fucker.

vaati a a fucking fag and anyone who watches his vids is retarded

But that's Tomoe

No you idiot, I'm on your side. I meant you were destroying the other guy with facts and logic. I never once saw the connection to Shinto either.

we've been over this she can't be in two places at once

you don't jump in the hole retard. There are ledges around the hole that you can hop to and fro from.

the fuck is the point of this image? what's the implication with the fountainhead girl?

Old Hag.

holy fuck dude go through the hole you're stuck in at the beginning of the game. it has a path that completely avoids the dude.

Isshin can barely walk user unless it's about muh sword or muh Ashina

I don't get it, that bride isn't monk

>need kuro to be a boy
Are you this cognitively dissonant? He is referred to as male in-game and his name in concept art was the "The Prince". You are the faggot here. You literally can't accept a simple fact. You don't even have an argument. Get BTFO closet homo.

is that the villain from minish cap?

Owl gives Wolf the key so he’ll get rekt by lady butterfly. When he beats Lady Butterfly, Owl backstabs him, as a backup plan. Its like if you beat Genichiro your first time, he has that little fucker throw a shuriken at you to distract you. Shinobi don’t fight honorably, they manipulate the situation to assure that they will win.

I'm so glad that I'll never be as retarded as you

they look nothing alike tho

So maybe take the path that doesn't require jumping in the hole you stupid fucking nigger

The issue is that it's not clear. We didn't get anything to the line of "Kuro is the Prince, heir to the Divine Emperor". We get secondary clues that can only be understood in regard to Japanese/Chinese culture. It's vague.

What's certain is that Kuro could be literally descended from divine dragons, and be a literal prince or some shit.

might just be one of the other divine children like rice girl then
i'm still curious how kuro even relates to them
how did he even get the dragon's blood

i felt bad for the big guys

shura is demon, user

Tomoe is an Okami Warrior Woman

i thought a shura and a demon was the same

she never used lighting or swords tho
she's probably the girl at the top

>use fan on monks
>they disappear entirely

literally jump around him, you're beyond fucking retarded

Tomoe learned from the Okami, she's not an Okami herself.

Shouldn't have replied to me with BTFO then desu

Damn you Central Forces, even Gonzo himself got fucked

Attached: Save... Ashina....jpg (1280x679, 182K)

yes

Based on the fact that Isshin is the guy wearing the mask, he’s obviously enthralled by the idea of reliving his youth/regaining his past power. I think its an instance of “I just got my power back and I’ve really wanted to fight this guy, let’s fucking do this,” although perhaps there is an element of compulsion involved with Genichiro’s dying wish.

Dude, sekiro is a fucking retard. He says fuck every single person living there i gotta save my boipussy for tonight. He kills every single strong follower of ashina, kills tons of normal soldiers and in all endings he's either lol I'm out of he destroys it himself. Kuro is a little bitch, he does nothing for his own country or it's citizen. Genichiro is the only sane person, that has a real personality.

>she never used lightning or swords
>lightning of tomoe
>a hard implication of her being tomoe gozen

WHAT DO I CHOOSE

Attached: 20190331194904_1.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

>Okami Warrior Woman
I thought the Okami warriors were the women snipers of snakehead
Tomoe is the bitch who taught Genishi and Isshin the lighting blade,correct
Is Tomoe in the game or is she just mentioned a few times?

>He is referred to as male in-game
find that dialogue in japanese and link it then, I'd like to see it

Yes she is. Even the skills she developed herself depuct an Okami Warrior like the Floating Cloud Passage Skill. It also says she descendent down to Ashina.

I want to point out right quick that the DoH and Isshin Ashina (not the ss version) fights both have similar music. You can hear the flute and some of the same notes in Isshin's fight that also occur in DoH's fight at the some of the same rhythm. It really just hints that sekiro becomes a shura.
Compare them if you want to see for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=3-FJP8Kjc3k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Bzws05nZYM

>dubfags
youtube.com/watch?v=DA4IwMhSHbU&feature=youtu.be&t=4

You mean the one that needs fucking swimming first?
There's no side path in that room that goes around the mini boss you lying fuckers, i'm getting trolled hardcore right now. I want you to show me video evidence.

Don't mind me, just pirating this lore

Attached: VDq5rCg.jpg (445x518, 112K)

sorry you repressed homosexual but the thing is its very possible she was pretending to be a boy to avoid attention

the fact that your unwilling to even consider other ideas and go out of your way to insult people who spout shows us who the real faggot here is

Gun Fort fags are related to the Okami Warriors of Fountainhead Palace.

shura is the manifestation of asura, sculptor "failed" to become shura and became hatred demon instead
it literally says so in his battle memory, shura is probably way more dangerous

Attached: Capture.jpg (374x150, 14K)

Give, you won't ever use them anyways. Rice is infinitely better.

Tomoe is probably DLC bait. Some say she's the Miko that you find before the Divine Dragon but unless that is true, she is absent from the game despite being namedropped a lot.

Ah yes, another FS game where I have absolutely no idea what's going on and the later half turns into some bizarro horror shit. Splendid.

Attached: oceiros.jpg (480x360, 23K)

isn't demon of hatred just faster,more sinister divine dragon track?

>fail to deflect Emma's combo and she will push you away, and unlock the camera from her, while she charges an attack behind you
I usually hate when the camera unlocks from the boss, but this is pretty kino

i was referring to the corrupted monk
that the monk isnt tomoe

Attached: 653feccf926e9f3f2edb49011bb75c26e70300355599924ef6196f43c4a09c2c.jpg (600x300, 64K)

Why can't I go to the Ashina castle anymore? just got the snakes heart (the dried heart)

Holy shit you're stupid. You have swimming when you start the game. Did you even fucking try? Do you bother to fucking explore at all?

Virgin Sekiro is intimidated by the absolute chad that is DUB GYOUBU MASTAKA ONIWA

what? how?

holy shit fucking kill yourself dude

Holy shit thats awful

youtube.com/watch?v=UNPrcl88Jd8
Now kill yourself, nigger.

I was talking about the sleeping onahole...

Fuck you, Vaati is a leech who began his career stealing memes from Yea Forums and /dsg/.

And now he's basically the WatchMojo of the Souls community. He can't make creative or funny videos, nor can he do crazy challenge runs, so he relies on these "10 things" fluff pieces to bring in the ad revenue.

Do you... not know you can swim?
You unlock underwater swimming later, but surface swimming is available from the get go.

There's also the fact that Floating Passage skill says that it was taught by an outsider, aka not Japanese.

Okami warriors are int he fountainhead.
She's mentioned a good amount by name.
The Gun Fort ones are descendants, which is why the Sabimaru says "it might work on their descendants too"

Ah, my bad.

She's definitely not that Miko, more than likely she's some Okami weirdo

it took me 10h to realize water wasn't instant death like in other from games.

You are the most retarded poster I've seen on Yea Forums this year so far

Well shit you're right. The fight ends so quickly that I haven't really noticed. Doesn't help that the wind is so loud as well.

t. intimidated babby who can't pass the castle gate

And I'm telling you that you are retarded because Tomoe is an Okami Warrior (protip: they are not human)

>Another fromsoft game where they do thing they've become known for in their last 4 games.
...yes? I don't understand your complaint. It's like playing call of duty and getting annoyed there are qte's and cinematic gameplay.

dude his english voice was so hype
fok all these wanabe jap fags
"muh sub is greater than dub retards"

what was that guy doing at hirata?

>When we sing, the little ones dance.
>The little ones grant comfort to those who bear death and Dark.

>he's still going

Attached: laughting.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

You are right. I got disorientated by the ear deafening screaming

why do people say he looks good? the fuck is that neck and tiny head

It's in the subs of the game, samefag nigger. They wouldn't confuse male and female for a fucking translation. The burden of proof is on you to find any mention of female pronouns in the Japanese version, which you can't since there is none.
>you won't consider other ideas
Shooting down your shitty theory with evidence and facts is what's called you losing a debate, autist. You so desperately want Kuro to be a girl because you are a repressed homosexual who likes a little boy and you're protecting on me. Cope, retard.

Now he's going to be stuck on the purple ninja for ten hours.

japanese gyoubu is indefinitely more intimidating, even if you know a little bit of japanese. he talks like he swings his spear

He wanted a more perfect immortality so he could better protect his homeland, they literally bash you over the head with this you mong.

Anyone got any cheese strats for the one-handed purple ninjas you find throughout the game?

Every time I fight them head on they just kick my ass.

Attached: lone_shadow_longswordsman_two_sekiro_wiki_guide.jpg (300x168, 9K)

I'm not complaining. I'm just saying it's becoming near comical to me now.

robert was one of the divine children and the armored warrior wanted to get the dragon's heritage to save his life

Attached: 1553885619744 retard.png (645x729, 91K)

Subs are generally greater than dubs, FromSoft games are an exception because they know how to make good English dubs, ever since DeS.

fuck you vaati

What is the twist in this game?
t. Old user

Deflect their kicks. Dodge forward their red forward kicks. Jump on them when they do red sweep kicks or jump backwards. That's about it.

>what if bb and ds are in the same universe
all souls fag youtubers are aids
i remember ds2 area the cancer peaked

He was Robert's sick kid and he wanted him to become a divine child because they can't die to disease.

just deflect and coutner, you never have to hit them

We've known this for days.

Immortality fucks your shit up real good.

except it applies here, since activision did the dubbing and fromsoft took care of the japanese voicing.

its not like before where fromsoft took care of the english VA and hired theatre actors.

Why does Sekiro suddenly ask about Emma's sword training? When did he even see her use a sword? Or he can just "tell" from the way she carries herself?

pretty sure robert was just his son
and the two were foreigners

no twist

>SEKIRO LORE THREAD
more vaati thread, fuck off no one likes you

is that the helm in the back from his resurrected form?

will i dislike this game if i think buddhism is fucking stupid

What does that mean?
Just spoil it for me, I'm not gonna play this anyways

people say Sekiro turned horrific, but I can't see it like that. It was obviously not going to be noble feudal Japan empire fights. The centipedes are creepy I guess

By sword he means penis

My mistake, i've seen people actually complaining about FS doing their story like that before.

That's what I guessed too.

Git gud. They're strong, but not impossible.

i got that too, i was very confused.

The later, yes. Its your average anime trope.

Don't worry, so does the game.

But sekiro even says that he would not call her skills average.

It's really weird.

was the sculptor's friend a monkey?

rejuvenating water got polluted and the dragon's heritage causes dragonrot

What happened after Kuro resurrects Wolf? 3 years go by and then Wolf is down a well? Has Kuro been captive for 3 years?

>no porn of Monk blowing you
>no picture where her centipede helps out

Anybody else get pissed when the red hats and barneyfags started killing the ashina warriors, even though youve been doing the same the whole game.

the one in the well can be cheesed if you pull him up on the small ledge and stand under him, he can only hit you with the jumping stomp

>It's in the subs of the game, samefag nigger. They wouldn't confuse male and female for a fucking translation.
half of translation is modulation technique, they rewrote most of original script which doesn't match japanese VAs at all
also japanese has no male/female pronouns, you need explicitly call someone woman or man to make a distinction in speech.
I don't care either way, my point was to show possibilities and inconsistency. You gone ape shit insane on the topic for some reason.

The majority of things in the game with immortality are pretty fucked up, and people keep fighting over trying to get immortality. It's just a bad time for everybody.

I felt very conflicted when that happened. I hated those guys yet I also wanted to save them from the bigger baddies.

Also, Wolf thanks the sculptor for saving Kuro at some point, when did that happen?

yes, something to do with owl and genichiro. there is a connection there. but as for sekiro, i am 100% sure he just lived like a doomer for those 3 years in that well.

Seething

I think it's supposed to actually be sort of like the dalai lama, after the divine heir dies or whatever happens to them, another one is found as a random anybody child.

there's no twist

The Owl's "HIRATA MANSION WAS JUST A SETBACK"

You need to take the offensive and hit them, once they deflect you they either do a fast sword swing that is very easy to deflect, or slow kick combos that are easy to dodge and punish with a Mikiri or just HP damage. It gets harder near the end of the game when they gain poison attacks but the basic strategy still works.

So do all those Ashina Outskirts idols stay permanently locked at the end of the game? Is there no way to get back to places like Gate Path, Gate Fortress, and Castle Gate?

Attached: 1401758767899.gif (256x256, 5K)

>that godawful english
jesus christ, take a course or something

Anything between the Dilapidated Temple and the Demon of Hatred arena is completely locked off at the end of the game.

>Where did the bugs come from?
After a little digging, I found that centipedes are a symbol of 'kegare', a concept that relates to moral/spiritual decay. It's got roots in Shintoism. I imagine that it has some kind of regenerating ability for the host that it's implanted in, giving immortality in exchange for a warm body/soul to feed on. That, or the centipede kills them as it burrows inside and just puppets them around.

Sculptor's friend was a woman called Kingfisher. You get her whistle from the guardian ape because the ape ate her more than likely. Sculptor couldn't do shit against an immortal ape. Also, the sword embedded in his neck probably belonged to either the sculptor or the partner. Hard to tell.
Yeah, Ashina was already doomed and I understood why Genchiro wanted to get immortality to protect it. I don't think he could've done much to protect it from dual-sword chads, stronger firearms, vilehands, red hat spine breakers, and fucking flamethrowers. The ministers were clearly planning this long before hand because of the much stronger dousing powders they had.

I mean i have found some secret spots after getting the ability to go underwater,but those can hardly be called secret since thts the first thing youd normally try the moment you get the ability from Mibu.

>Its your average anime trope.
you can tell who was in military pretty easy, same with some sports and swordsmanship shows
comment about skill is anime trope, yea

how?
why?

no, monkey ate sculptor's lady friend.

>I havent used any candies since i started the game and im on the last quest in Kongo temple.
For me those candies were a blessing, specially the vitality and posture ones are great safety net for the worst bosses

Who's Isshin's son and Genchiro's father?

what ddoes you being old have to do with it?

Yup, they're locked permanently. I think you get Castle Gate back after beating DoH, but it's just from beating the boss and doesn't go anywhere (and is about 50 feet away from another idol).

Deflect and counter. That one big kick attack they do counts as a thrust attack, so it can be Makiri'd for some big posture damage. All else fails, they're vulnerable to firecrackers.

>lady friend
No friend drives a man to that level of bitterness. It was love.

>muh VAs
Ash Ketchem and Bart Simpson are voiced by women. Women commonly voice young boys in all media.
>rewrote
The wouldn't rewrite an entire fucking gender holy shit you god damn autist. You go from "Kuro is trying to hide her gender by pretending to be a boy" to "they rewrote the scrip"? Cope harder, closet fag. Kuro is a prince, literally, a Miko 御子 whose title in pre-release info was "The Prince".
>ape shit
You are going ape shit by trying to force your literal false information in every thread, like purposefully switching the word 御子 with 巫女 in order to make people believe Kuro is female. Luckily no one retarded enough has fallen into your shit trap.

any reason isshin just let's his country get destroyed? he could murk everyone if he wanted to

iirc Genichiro is not blood tied with Isshin and came to Ashina with Tomoe

1. Dragon tears grant immortality.
2. Tears end up in the waters of Fountainhead Palace
3. Centipedes are parasites that get a host body and consume whatever their host does.
4. Centipedes infest carps and thus carps aren't immortal since centipedes get it instead.
5. Fountainhead waters flow down to the temple grounds and mibu village etc, bringing the infested carps there too.
6. Pure immorality that can be passed down is granted from consuming dragon tears, pure but temporary immortality is granted by the clean water that got mixed with dragon tears and centipede parasites grant you this weird sort of immortality where the host body is undead corpse but the centipede keeps its parasitic host alive forcefully.

LOL Its funny casue its true.
Shure the boys intentions are noble becasue the dragon rot does casue suffereing,but at the same time his countries going to be destroyed.

More of a damned if you do damned of you don't kind of situation

My mistake, I meant under water swimming.

You fucking idiots said it was in the room with the Shimichen Warrior, not through the well path blocked by the Lone Shadow. I was specifically talking about the Abandoned Dungeon and not the Ashina Resevoir well. Not only that but you called me retarded for saying that there's a mini boss blocking access to the depths when it's true in either scenario.

Its an anime trope, calm down.

You're just mad because he's a millionaire by doing nothing, and you're stuck wagecucking

damn
okay thanks i guess i'm done with everything besides the final bosses right? this is mine

I'm sure this has already been asked a hundred times, but after gaining a cursory understanding of the rejuvenating waters, how in the fuck did that allow Isshin to crawl out of Genshiro like a goddamned moth

Attached: 1552578586431.jpg (500x468, 255K)

why though?

the thought of your love's sweet pussy canal flesh being broken down by monkey stomach juices certainly makes my blood boil

>shifting the goalposts
>it's the same exact room
>blocked in either scenario, which is false
holy cope

Attached: MAKA.gif (400x225, 241K)

bracku mortaru bradu

t. vaati

wait how did the water get polluted
and where even is the rejuvenating water
is it even in the game
or is just that entire pond with the big carp

That was the black mortal sword doing, it's stated in a paper you can find near Isshin chamber that a black mortal blade exist which opens gates to the afterlife, granting new life

no he couldn't, he's old and much weaker than he used to be. the ministry was an overwhelming force and a massive army with superior equipment

>You fucking idiots said it was in the room with the Shimichen Warrior, not through the well path blocked by the Lone Shadow
It is the same fucking room.

People still think the game is shit talking buddhism. Every villain in the game seeked immortality over living out their lives with passion and getting into heaven the normal way. They clearly tell you that the monks lost their way and some of the characters want you to cleanse it. One guy explicitly tells you he just wants to see buddha return to the temple. It's more of a look into the desperation many had to rule over everything in Japan. There are hardly many buddhist concepts in the game and the only one looked into heavily is Shura.

think about it, his dad died and he had to kill his mentor lady butterfly, and still didnt save kuro

What's the true ending?

Mortal Blad>Can open a path to Yomi>Gen pulled out Isshin by using his body as a fateway>theres a note and convo at Isshin that foreshadows the second blade.

What's the lore explanation for why Emma' so gosh darn cute?

The second mortal blade opens up a gate to the afterlife/underworld. Isshin dies after you beat the dragon, so Genichiro gives his own life to bring Isshin back from death to protect his homeland.

>>shifting the goalposts
You fuckers said there was no enemy blocking access to the depths and called me retarded while saying there was a path around the shimichen warrior int he same room as it.

>he's STILL going
KEK

What was his fucking problem?

Attached: 1550470301848.jpg (3840x2160, 773K)

he literally was. you eavesdrop on the vilehand at serpent temple, you hear him horrified at the 'demon of ashina' killing his friends.

return

and that is the case

No it isn't you fucking retard. To go around the Shimichen warrior you can't go through the room its in, you have to go through the reservoir well. Not the abandoned dungeon pit.

I want to headpat the Rice Loli!

Attached: 3544353543345.jpg (1120x1580, 1.24M)

He was saying that by saving Sekiro (by giving him an arm) he had saves Kuro.

parasites, you can find them in the fountainhead lake. that water is the very same that people drink at the senpou temple
>and where even is the rejuvenating water
fountainhead palace

did you watch the video? it's the same room

>abandoned dungeon - blocked by the shimichen warrior
>well - blocked by the lone shadow
How, in your opinion, is there nothing blocking access? Specifically just the fog wall type enemy.

It's the SAME FUCKING ROOM

No, Genichiro is Ishin's grandson. Tomoe was Lord Takeru's retainer, she trained both Isshin and Genichiro, teaching them how to use lightning. It's not stated in the game, don't think it matters. Isshin was a god among humans in his skills with a sword, he conquered Ashina by himself. Genichiro ( The new generation ) wants to protect Ashina, but doesn't have the power to do so by himself, so he wants the Dragon's Blood for immortality, even though that goes against Ishin's philosophy ( Always seek deadly combat, always live on the edge, only rely on your sword no magic no bullshit immortality )

Dude Sekiro isnt like Bloodborne where the lore is hidden in the items.

You must not be paying attention if you have trouble understanding whats going on.

I havent completed the game yet,but Ashina is in the middle of a war and Geneishiroo needs kuros blood for his powers to win.

Isshin is against it,but doesnt interfere csue he cares for his grandson

Owl is a conniving prick who wants the boys abilites for himself so he can be top dog Shinobi ruler(went back to his body in the past and hit it with your sword and you can see its an illusion)

Wolf is stuck in the middle of this shit being the only person that Kuro trust and cares for and the person he entrusted with the Dragons blood that the other two antagonist want/need.

The is basically the gist of what i understand so far.

Am i correct in my assumptions anons who have beaten the game?

Attached: according to plan.jpg (600x450, 18K)

You get enough to give everyone.

he basically used the dark mortal blade to get him back from the underworld

Does the Dancing Dragon Mask carry over to NG+?

>emma says she'll look for a way to sever immortality without killing kuro
>never brings it up again

Makes sense I guess, since the sculptor says Dogen saved him and in effect also Wolf.

yes

Emma's a doctor which gives a caring personality. She's also a loyal servant. The short tied hair is cute. The final reason is the traditional clothing she wears which from your eyes accentuate her cuteness due to its foreign nature.

you mean the purple mini boss? and tegu guy?
he could do a lot
he was the final boss

yeah you got it

>went back to his body in the past and hit it with your sword and you can see its an illusion
wew

you basically somehow transfer kuro's soul into the rice loli
makes no fucking sense

kill yourself retard

his master didn't hug him enough

>JUST GOOMBA HIM LOL! Its fucking retarded, even if you can dish out loads of posture damage with the jump kick the guy uses the perilous attack less than the flurry of attacks that somehow gets through your block.

Attached: long-arm_centipede.jpg (711x413, 34K)

you mean tengu? yes thats isshin. the 'rats' are the ministry's shinobi

I know the way around it "in the same room" but the access to that way around is through the well you fucking morons, you can't access that other way while in the same room before beating the shimichen warrior. You either have to beat the warrior or you go through the well and beat the lone shadow. This is what I was talking about the entire fucking time.

Sounds about right. Kuro sees all the terrible things fighting over immortality has caused, and wants to end it, thus making the plot of the second half of the game.

tfw his dad and grandma turned on him and tried to murder him

Well he thinks in the long run it's better for the immortality to be severed, because what destroys Ashina isn't external forces but a coup d'tat, the red forces are "the interior ministry", and considering how greedy the antagonists were with immortality, Kuro thinks it's better to get rid of it since it'll be a worse plague compared to his country being destroyed, since that can be rebuilt.

Black mortal blade, this isn't an asspull since you can eavesdrop Isshin and Emma talking about it vaguely, and a chest containing the fact that there is one is outside Isshins window.

>people
More like ""people"", I don't see how they think the game is shittalking Buddhism.

Isshin was the Tengu, but even then he was still dying. He could only go out in bursts, he doesn't have any sustain.

The devils in the details, and there are a lot of details in the items, and most importantly, eavesdropping, which I don't think a lot of people do.
You have the general scheme of things down though.
You understand why Kuro wants to get rid of it too, right? Along with why Dragonrot is a thing.

It's part of an ending path prereq.

oh this guy was trying to artifically create that immortality to help ashina

all he managed was the weak red eyes version

Thats only partly true. The mainstory is straight firward but the rest is still explained via items/skills/conversations via sake/the world. You would never know what Tomoe is if you didnt read the skill descriptions and the skill screens for example.

cope harder retard

2nd best girl
Doll is first
ds3 shit soulless fire keeper is worst

>guys this is what i meant the whole time despite posting dozens of times and stating the Shichimen was just entirely not optional
lmao holy fuck, i'm sorry you got so btfo on an american competitive patty flipping forum

>flurry of attacks that get through your block
I mean this in the nicest possible way, but git gud. Centipede is an easy boss if you know how to block/parry.

i want to feed her a big parmison

im still so pissed gyoubu is too easy. he should be hard as fuck. i just know the team cooked up a lot of moves but decided to keep him nerfed.

Learn the rhythm for deflections
>1234
>12345
>1
There, you won.

more like genichiro made emma a woman

>are voiced by women.
I can hear the words they are saying, it's not matching with english subs.
>The wouldn't rewrite an entire fucking gender
there is no gender in japanese script.
御子 except this, but where is it in game?

its stated tho that genichiro was adopted
and someone mentioned that he came to ashina with tomoe

yes, gave him a prosthetic cock and lapis lazuli balls

i'm pretty sure you get extra
i had 2-4 left over and i'm at the very end

Thats the thing. I can bring Genichiro to tomoe withouth any problems but the attacks go through the block. I take posture damage and then suddenly even if my posture isn't broken he starts doing vitality damage.

Dude just parry with correct timing (don't spam L1 like an idiot) and jump on him to cancel his perilous attack
If you parry correctly your posture can't be broken, even if the gauge is full. If you truly must, try to parry and get your posture broken on the last attack of the combo, so it's inconsequential and you can jump away from him

Also firecrackers

he isn't that strong when he's old, you'd be right if he was in the sword saint state. but he wasn't

literally eat a gokan candy or whatever the yellow one is and fucking learn to parry him, he's the easiest boss in the game

Thank you, I have another question. Why does Owl pretend to be dead, put you in the service of Kuro, and then ask you to betray him, and attack you on sight in his bell memory? I guess I should say why did he do everything that he did in the story.

Attached: 1552578215376.jpg (500x434, 59K)

>Press L1 9 times, wait half a second for his last slam, press L1 again
>See red mark
>Jump twice
It's that simple

>there's a mandatory mini boss before the depths
>not here isn't go around
>durr what is the lone shadow in the well
My mistake was saying the shimichen warrior was absolutely mandatory, but you retards kept saying the access route around it was in the same room as the shimichen warrior and that it wasn't blocked by another enemy.