Of all the embarrassing and cringey shit Sonic did during his Dark Age, it really feels like this one gets overlooked

Of all the embarrassing and cringey shit Sonic did during his Dark Age, it really feels like this one gets overlooked.

Attached: DarkSpineSonic.gif (500x500, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1GZLSlyKfAv
youtube.com/watch?v=N5K_JGNLndY
youtube.com/watch?v=J4pwfJdfjMA&t=4m24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one of the coolest transformations sonic has had. closet we'll get to dark super sonic

Better than Super Sonic for the umpteenth time desu

why does he have the Addidas stripe on his head?

Darkspine wasn’t bad.

It seems cringey out of context but honestly this was good, especially since it was at least something different than the usual.

Yeah but Excalibur Sonic was cooler in some ways

True.

t. angsty 14 year old.

From the anime?

Holy shit cucks in this thread actually defending s*nic games lmfao, thanks for the newaughing material when I'm smoking with my friends tonight op

Thats not even the cringiest part of that game. That tittle goes to the handkerchief scene.

The Golden armor + Excalibur with the tune around the blade was the best shit

Just....why does the cape start at his butt?

For comparisons sake, what's the edgiest Mario has gone with his power ups/transformations? Can't think of any other game mascot that pulls this shit other than Sonic.

I didn’t know that Tails Gets Trolled is N anime

I think this is one of the only things this game did right: different Chaos Emeralds leading to a different form to try out. The design stinks but I like the idea of a different form for this game.

nobody played secret rings and the few that did don't even remember it well enough to hate it unlike 06

I only just realized he isn't wearing shoes

Attached: concern.png (143x163, 41K)

sonic has literally nothing to do with mario

this.
I would like to see more unique transformations.

Sonic is one of the most stupidly designed characters in all of fictional media.

No. Dark Super Sonic originated from Sonic X.

Attached: 032CC2D7-1DD5-43E8-B32C-5AE451887885.png (301x550, 140K)

Mario has never dipped into edge. Closest comparison is Mega Man, with its dedicated "darker" series Mega Man X.

And to think, Darkspine is still incomplete. He’s only using the World Rings of rage, hatred and sadness.

What was even the point of that transformation? Sonic goes edgy for one minute and then Eggman shows up and is like "Calm down, faggot." and then he never does it again.

Paper Mario’s one underwater level was pretty edgy.

>If this is your world then it's a world I don't want any part of
The most kino scene from Post-Dreamcast Sonic

why does sonic look like kamen rider drive?

Attached: 45655164.png (1195x1104, 896K)

It was most likely supposed to return in season 4, along with whatever transformation was later turned into Nazo.

Because he got mad that his friends were hurt while surrounded by a bunch of fake Chaos Emeralds.

Don't know, but I remember it being caused by being around a shit ton of fake Chaos Emeralds.

Oh, okay. That makes sense, then.

because they're both based on the same thing in this instance

>saying something positive about jason griffith sonic

Sonic's "dark age" is basically 2/3 of his existence.

That I'll never understand

Sonic's best voice was Griffith, but only in Unleashed. Maybe the storybook games too, never played those.

Super Paper Mario

>it really feels like this one gets overlooked.
Because as a form it was a neat concept because it was both forced and technically incomplete because only 3 of the 7 rings were used.

Attached: C0F486AF-E1F9-4F7F-9CD4-288471F724D3.gif (480x237, 988K)

Golden armor in any form of media on any kind of character is pure kino

The flying transformation in Mario Galaxy?
Most underused transformation in a Mario game by the way. They didn't even bothered putting it in the sequel.

what would he have looked like if all 7 were used?

The edgy Spyro reboot had a Dark Spyro transformation iirc.

The edgiest Mario has ever gone are those football games. And even then just in the art and not ingame.

It was actually cool

Even then, that's just edgy because of the color scheme. Not like flying is an edgy ability.

Post it.

Wouldnt be surprised if thats actually what it was. The crescent on knuckles was originally a nike logo

Attached: DarkSpyro.png (418x208, 160K)

Mega Man waffled in tone a lot but I don't think it ever got as bad as Sonic. I think that's partly because even the most story-heavy Mega Man game still didn't come close to the amount of story in a 3D Sonic game, but mainly because the basic conceit of robots shooting guns is a lot less inherently ridiculous than a hedgehog running fast.

Don't get me wrong, most Mega Man games that try to have stories have awful stories, but they're mainly failures of execution rather than concept. There's no particular reason why Mega Man X4's story was a bad idea; everyone involved was just incompetent.

I liked that GBA version better.

>Dark Spyro is a powerful dark form that Spyro gained during his fight against Gaul in The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night. It has since served as the dark side of the young purple hero in The Legend of Spyro series.

Attached: Dark_Spyro_DotD.jpg (1053x451, 64K)

Mega Man has always been a bit messed up. Think about it. In the first game, your mission is to go and kill your younger brothers.

Mario is the Nintendo mascot. Sonic is the Sega mascot. Mario & Sonic are ,were rivals & they got a whole spinoff out of this (Mario & Sonic at the olympics ).

Yes, they got something to do with each other.

THIS IS NOW AN EDGE FORM THREAD POST EDGE FORMS OF CHARACTERS

>the main character has an evil alternate version
>it's name starts with Dark/Evil
>it's color scheme is inverted or just black
>no pupils
easiest way to tell the developers ran out of ideas.

Attached: 394.jpg (913x685, 51K)

It’s overlook by us because it was overlooked by Sega. I literally just remembered that he looks like that because he used the power of the rings with negative emotions.

Why are boomers on Yea Forums so intimidated by edge in video games? This entire thread is just damage control from a bunch of ugly, retarded piece of shit intimidated boomer drones.

>never got as bad
"WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?"

Black Knight was okay, but I didn't play much if Secret Rings so I don't remember it was good.

Obvious bait aside why would series about a smug blue hedgehog and a smug purple dragon need edgy "MY INNER EVIL IS GROWING, RARGH!" plots?

How about an edgy character instead?

Attached: C8298F6C-A3AD-4B37-B582-FF8A9014F7D3.png (894x894, 445K)

Arin says it’s shit because he doesn’t know he can’t play it right, but even my 8 year old cousin can do better than him.

Hello

Attached: B8DGE0GCYAAm7ON.jpg (600x338, 48K)

I'm the lad that said Mega Man got a darker series. I like edge (big fan of Mega Man X and Mega Man Zero).

YOU KNOW

i would rather have that than another boost like story

EVERY WORLD WILL HAVE IT'S END

>Mario dies and goes to hell
>Mr. L
> Final boss is some fucked up half Luigi half jester thing
Checks out

AND I’M HERE

Except that isn’t the plot in Secret Rings. It’s literally just evil genie tries to escape book prison to destroy real world. The form in OPs pic only appears at the end of the game after using the power from 4 of the 7 world rings he collected.

TO PROVE IT ALL TO YOU

Attached: 79CE63AD-E1C4-4256-A295-6C09D9E569ED.jpg (400x566, 106K)

Both are one and done games for me
Get that weak shit out of here

Not 4. Only the World Rings of rage, hatred, and sadness, because those were the emotions Sonic felt when Shara died.

no you don't that's TROO FAR TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAAAAAR

Attached: mrania...team....MRANIIAAA TEEAAAMMM WHAT HAVEYU DOONNEEUUUU.png (329x325, 225K)

Infinite was such a nothing character. Embarrassing.

Shit, I thought it was 4. But still, the point I was trying to get across was there wasn’t really any “edginess” about the plot itself.

Except for the fact that Sonic was dying throughout the entire game.

Black Knight was unironically his best performance both in delivery and writing. whoever the voice director was for that game really brought the best out of all the VAs

Its kind of hard for me to compare them both. Black Knight was such a nice improvement over Secret Rings control wise but at the same time slightly worse mechanics than Secret Rings. I kind of like the soundtrack in Secret Rings a tad more though, not saying I didn't like BK's soundtrack. Both were pretty top tier.

>saying something positive about roger "BALDY MCNOSEHAIR" craig "SWEEET BOOSTPADS" sonic
Fixed.

Jason had a rough start with Sonic X. Sonic sounded like a little child, and that was quite uncomfortable to hear.

But he quickly got used to the voice and sounded better the moment he started to voice Sonic in the games. In 06, the storybook games, Riders games and (especially) Unleashed, Jason has done an amazing job to portray Sonic, no matter on which sentiment and emotion.

Attached: sleepyhead cutie.png (283x361, 233K)

Don't let anyone tell you an idea is too ridiculous to be totally awesome

Attached: 1554050014639.gif (326x300, 796K)

And throughout his time of “dying” Sonic hardly made it seem dire acting as he normally does.

>06
>amazing job
pick one

>IN MY TIME OF DYING

I AM THE TALLEST OF MOUNTAINS I AM THE ROUGHEST OF WAVES IM THE TOUGHEST OF TERRORS I AM THE DARKEST OF DAYS

God I love his theme

Jason sounded rough in general until bits of Secret Rings and all of Unleashed. He definitely gave it his all by the time he got the boot though

>game has literal palette swaps that are sort of evil character variants with the same voices
>they're some of the best characters in the franchise

Attached: Dearche_GoD.png (600x800, 345K)

I'm not ever clicking on it

>that transformation
Excalibur Sonic was the coolest shit

Enjoy the TASTE of despair!
Your death shall end your Nightmare...

Attached: V Devil Trigger.gif (360x203, 878K)

I don’t see how this is so “edgy” when the plot itself is still Saturday morning cartoon tier.

>Theme of Infinite coincidentally uploaded the same day the lead singer of Linkin Park took his life and sounds like some of their songs
I'll never forget that day

What game

this is probably the weakest villain sonic has ever had. Even those deadly six motherfuckers had this concept of being a force of nature given flesh. What's this dude's motivation? Being butthurt about Shadow BTFOing him?

It's chuuni not edge.

When chester died I started to listen to linkin park instead of my usual attitude of they are just for kids I enjoyed some of theirs songs

no wonder he is soo fucking pissed

In Mega Man Zero 4, Zero gets a kino callback to that scene before the final battle.
>I don't recall calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. If an obstacle gets in my way, I will destroy it.

Mandatory

Attached: 1554053676354.jpg (850x1197, 305K)

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha: The Gears of Destiny
One of the only times a game tied in with an anime was good.

MAKE BELIEFS REBORN
MYTHS IN MIND RETHOUGHT
QUESTION ALL THAT'S KNOWN
LEGENDS BLURRED AND TORN

Yeah, glad you could dress the Avatar up in Excalibur armor in Forces, that was cool
They have good stuff, yeah. The last album was their weakest, especially compared to the one before it but it was alright

>Used to have all kinds of fun transformations
>now SEGA is too chickenshit to even make Super Sonic important
I Mean, I get that having all the games end with needing to use all the dragonballs can get stale, but you can still try to mix it up. Like have the final boss have extra phases if you have all the emeralds or something.

Attached: 1536861639863.png (600x800, 129K)

That’s not his edgy form, this is.

Attached: 6FD382AB-DDDD-47B3-A849-AE8DD665346F.jpg (1920x1080, 888K)

Chuunibyou is literally just the Japanese equivalent of "Edgelord," since it refers to the same mindset.

Sorry kid you can only play as Sonic because people don't like his friends.

And Super Sonic can't fight my new Nega Wisp Machine reskin, he's banned.

If Colors Wii had the Nega Mother Wisp as a secret final boss for getting all the Emeralds like the DS version did, that would have been neat and promoted even more replay value, extended play time, and incentive to unlocking Super Sonic than there already was.
But at the same time I wonder how many people would even want to considering all you have to do in order to unlock Super Sonic in regular stages

>nega wisp machine
Ill never forgive sega for re using the same final boss that many times

I thought chuunis were less "I can be ur angle or yuor devil" and more "my hand is possessed by a demon and every day I wallow in the darkness to suppress it"

People bitched because Super Sonic fights started throwing everything out the window to basically be a fight for an entirely different game. Then you have Time Eater which is just irredeemable trash.

There's no reason you can't have a fun Super Sonic fight that still tests you on the game mechanics thus far. The problem is that Sonic Team doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.

heroes was a mistake

Attached: metal retard.jpg (1332x2046, 743K)

Both of those are equally edgy, my man. The term literally means "Middle schooler syndrome."

>that one mission you have to complete withough touching any rings and not getting hit to unlock the final world ring

Attached: 1554051619999.png (252x227, 146K)

To be fair it didn't start with Secret Rings. Remember SA2 had Maria and in 06 Sonic actually died.

I'm not denying they're edgy I'm just saying it's different brands of edgy

less apples and oranges more red delicious and mcintosh red

It's understandable that you may not like Sonic's voice on 06, as he only sounded either always unnecessarily serious on the cutscenes, or mostly tedious and silent on the gameplay. Personally, I myself like this (and still better than Roger), but still, understandable.

Regardless, there's still plenty of lines and sayings on 06 that amazes me to hear, showing that Jason was, indeed, great, such as:

>You think you can intimidate me with just your voice? Come on! Let's see what you can do!

Or..

>Hey, I can finally see your face! Now it's my turn!

Amazing might have been a strong word, but theses all are still much better than Roger.

I can only feel something is wrong upon hearing Jason on Sonic X. I don't see how he sounds rough on the games.

Although, I agree that he DID gave it all on his last days. The peak performance of Jason, definitely, was on Unleashed and Black Knights.

Attached: gadget_by_kajikimaguro427_dc82owj.png (1000x1000, 415K)

It isn't fully SEGA's fault.
The blame goes to Morio Kishimoto, he worked on Colors, and then directed Lost World and Forces, and the only time that boss was done well was the first time in Colors because despite being easy it just made for a great finale, and now its context is ruined because it's been reused so much.

>5 minute transformation
What were they thinking?

SA1 had Pachacamac's Echidna tribe attacking all of the innocent Chao to the point where one of them mutates and kills them all.

I'm going to kill Baron Praxis

>But at the same time I wonder how many people would even want to considering all you have to do in order to unlock Super Sonic in regular stages
It baffles me why Sonic Team keeps fucking up the Super Sonic unlock methods. Just have a special stage for each zone/world you can enter in some mildly out of the way manner that requires a bit of skill and when you clear all 7 you unlock him. Not this inane "collect one billion specific collectibles" shit. Imagine if going Super/Hyper in Sonic 3 & Knuckles required you to hit EVERY giant ring, that's the sort of shit some of the games try to pull.

If I'm being honest if I had to choose between one level as Super sonic or a transformation I could always use I'd pick the latter every time.

>Why are boomers on Yea Forums so intimidated by edge in video games?
there's nothing wrong with edge. sonic just sucks at it.

Attached: 42777170_p0.jpg (600x1200, 273K)

That's not edgy. That's tragedy, apocalypse, serious, but edgy, no.

>sonic team
>thinking
good one user

This is the best racing game to ever come out of a non-race franchise, and you cant prove me wrong.

Attached: Sonic_Riders_-_North-american_cover_for_PS2.jpg (355x500, 197K)

>along with whatever transformation was later turned into Nazo.
Nazo was just some concept art for regular Super Sonic

I don't think Chaos started as a Chao,I thought he was like a mystical being watching over them or something

granted I know fuckall about the lore beyond what's in the game itself

How is Maria's story edgy?

I like it because it’s one of the few times Sonic actually beats shit up with his fists.

Attached: B7D77774-7E8D-4FD6-9E57-D95EA9499576.jpg (640x341, 35K)

He was just kind of annoying due to the voice direction in the first couple games he did and because he was getting started. Then after 06 he started getting the hang of things for real

jet is still so cool.has he been in anything but this nd black knigt?

Default Wolf and Infinite are cuties

That's because no one actually played the Story book games other than those that care about story and characters in Sonic over any and all things else. If you played 06, and ended up not outright hating it, you on the spectrum and likely brought Secret Rings and Black Knight in response.

Chaos legion?

>punches the shit out of the purple nigger so hard he loses his power ups

Attached: 1553042617328.jpg (389x398, 40K)

>girl with cartoon aids is shot down in cold blood for a reason that doesn't concern her directly
>not edgy

It's never outright stated or shown they Chaos was a chao so as far as I'm concerned it's basically headcanon

Well, it's not a transformation but Strikers?
And someone hasn't played Spyro before it seems. He actually has a canon dark form before Sonic does, which only exists in a bad anime, which the 3rd season wasn't even planned originally by Sonic Team, just made in response to America loving the show so much.

Tikal made me horny
She must atone for this

The fact his whole character originates from
>WAAAAHHHH SHADOW CALLED ME WEAK!
Means he's still outedged by the real OG of Sonic Edge

>shot down in cold blood for a reason that doesn't concern her directly
Right, exactly like the chao in SA1. Only difference is that its humans doing it.

*now
Classic Sonic does if you want to get technical. Modern Sonic, does not, he's friends with Mario.

The other Riders games and some of the Mario and Sonic games, plus the Forces Speed Battle app
To be fair I didn't mind getting the Red Star Rings in Colors, it was a nice little collectible that promoted exploration and gave you extra content to play as well. They didn't even need to have Super Sonic in that game, they just went the extra mile and did it, and it was a nice little feature.
They shouldn't have even done it in Lost World, though.

>murdered as part of a military cover-up conspiracy

The game was shit but this was honestly one of the better moments during the shit sonic game era

Attached: lolnope.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

>a military cover-up conspiracy
They murdered them because he was doing illegal shit without their approval

Attached: CF456FFB-5DBD-4EE8-AB08-41F32612DF24.jpg (540x960, 86K)

WHAT THE HELL IS IT ABOUT SONIC AND EDGY SHIT?

Like, can somebody provide a semiotic analysis of this phenomenon or something?

Attached: 1358495732308.jpg (867x554, 59K)

That, my dear Vergil, is what happens when someone gets very upset when they’re near something that feeds off of negative emotions.

Neck yourself immediately

>tfw you are the incarnation of Edge

Attached: shadow.jpg (309x309, 21K)

>illegal shit
Gerald was working under direct orders from the government and they they betrayed him because they deemed shadow dangerous, retard.

>cartoony echidna tribesmen knocking over Chao to steal some magic rocks
vs
>entire research facility staff being actually murdered as part of a government cover up conspiracy

Because zoomers are 2000s babies? Not are fault you niggers grew up in the most embarrassing time for America's history, first from foreigner assrape then presidential assrape in the 2010s. 90s was pure kino for America. The last and truly last time "Burgers" could ever be considered to be treated with respect.

>I'm going to kill Praxis

I know it's not actually brought up but I feel like the Eclipse Cannon would be the real danger of the 2 when compared with Shadow

And the Biolizard.
And the fact that Gerald was working with Black Creatures.

vocaroo.com/i/s1GZLSlyKfAv

He only set that up after they killed Maria.

He built the eclipse canon to kill the Black creatures, which the government wasn't filled in on, bonehead.

Wrong, he made the Eclipse Cannon to prepare for Black Doom's inevitable return to attack Earth

No, it was there before Maria's death. Remember, Gerald's plan for revenge was the ARK crashing into the Earth, not the Eclipse Canon destroying the Earth.

I legitimately unlocked the red robo just by playing naturally, this game fucking ruled. Really great learning curve to it that was so satisfying to get over. It's a shame it's never been replicated since, the sequels are all a downgrade.

> Like have the final boss have extra phases if you have all the emeralds or something.
Oh, so like Sonic 3 and Knuckles? You know, how you keep a bonus power up, a bonus? Instead of getting cucked to get to the "real ending" unless you have all of the emeralds? At least you get a final boss fight at the end of S3K without the emeralds, and the final is considered like those secret mega boss fights you see in the Final Fantasy series.

>And the fact that Gerald was working with Black Creatures.
Only talking 2 here. Shadow, Battle and Chronicles throw too much into the mix.

I actually really enjoy Darkspine's design because it looks and feels like an angry Super Sonic. Makes me wish we got it instead of the Werehog in Unleashed since it'd make more sense for the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds to turn Sonic into a very angry entity that wants to punch things instead of the former. Also could've created an interesting dynamic in Sonic's character since he wouldn't act like himself whenever in Darkspine form.

And then, they killed Maria, so he reprogrammed it to destroy Earth.

He even has a Card called "Cyberdark Edge".

Attached: ZaneTruesdale.png (1067x800, 1.07M)

You realise the black creatures shit was a retcon right?

See Gearld's plan for destroying the Earth didn't even utilize the canon, which begs the question for why it was there in the first place (which Shadow's game answered).

Infinite is a hilarious awful character with no sense on his motives. He has nothing of good on him, and his overall edgy behavior, appearance and speaking is practically shameful. Cutie? An edgelord? Impossible.

However, Gadget is a total cutie, for sure. A character with potential to explore, and with great adorable design.

Attached: tumblr_ow1q6ivTPs1uwb389o3_1280.png (1280x983, 743K)

Technically, he does have a Dark form in the anime, but it only appears once.

>There's no reason you can't have a fun Super Sonic fight that still tests you on the game mechanics thus far. The problem is that Sonic Team doesn't know what the fuck they're doing.
Fucking this x1000. Why is Sonic Team the worse studio for keeping a series consistent no fucking matter what part of the series that is?

Nope the Ark's programmed to fall to the earth.
The Eclipse Cannon has no real purpose Gerald never had it planned for his revenge, it's a big question mark because we have no clue why he made it.

The only bad thing was the werehog voice before the werehog even existed.
Otherwise it was refreshing. The chaos emeralds weren't in the game, and I recall sonic only used 3 of the ring's powers. Imagine how powerful he'd be with all 7

>implying Sonic isn't embarrasing and cringey anymore

This, you fuckers ruined Sonic forever by praising Colors instead of Unleashed

Attached: modern sonic fans.png (1026x1026, 29K)

But colors was better than Unleashed

To be fair, colours was the better game.

Sammy was right.

>Shadow with a gun is too much
>But sonic with a sword is fine
Fuck yall.

crush 40 version was the best version.

That’s because it looks too goofy with Shadow.

I like both games but I prefer Colors in some ways. Not to mention that Unleashed laid the groundwork for Colors and Generations, technically.

>Sonic with a sword in a literal fantasy storybook

Have you seen him without his mask, tho?

There's literally things called "Chaos Chao" in both games
It's common knowledge Chaos is a Master Emerald infused Chaos Chao. SEGA doesn't tell you this shit because they have autism but they still told it in game what needed to be known.

Attached: a93271d82fe114877a4c3634b0258b6d.png (236x290, 85K)

weak

Attached: 1540761277037.jpg (376x365, 62K)

>2d block platforming with mario powerups, recycled levels and bosses and "HUEHUE BALDY MCNOSEHAIR" is better than fast-paced levels that require great amounts of concentration, decent combat combined with challenging platforming and the last kino story in mainline sonic
"No!"

Guys, GUYS. What if Mario said fuck?
>human comedy

One of the original edgy transformations.

Craig was good in the boom cartoon
It judt hoes yo dhow that after thd ehole comics fiasco the directors at sega are playing it way yo safe for sonic to ever have a personality again

Unleashed/Colors reminds me alot of the divide between the Adventure games and Heroes. One is a lot messier and does some really dumb shit at times but it feels like the people behind it put their heart and soul into it while the other is more polished on the surface but by beltsanding the edges off they lost a lot of that heart and soul in the process. The only difference is that Colors is still actually alright.

The Werehog overstays it welcome though user and I say that as a guy who loved Unleashed.
His stages are just far too long and it's really not helped by the fucking Battle theme that NEVER changes

No he didn't. It's a fucking laser powered by Emeralds, it could just destroy Earth all it wants but it wasn't custom set to do so. In ShTH, it was made to kill off Black Doom's army when they come back to Earth 50 years after the whole shitstorm happened in the first place.

Goku lost his way to the other side, but he knows Sonic won't come. Kirby's coming for you, just like he did Majin Buu.

Attached: Ridley Kirby.jpg (425x425, 36K)

What are you talking about

>that require great amounts of concentration, decent combat combined with challenging platforming
You what? user, unleashed coined the term boost to win because it required next to no platforming skill to play.

MARIO

He's posting in two threads

they should re-release unleashed and
>add more night battle music
>lower the medal count for casuals who are bad are exploring (medal count is a complaint I heard often but never experienced myself)
>either raise EXP gain/lower EXP needed to level up werehog (werehog needs to have more combat variety from the start instead of slowly unlocking skills, and if strength/life can be gained quicker people wouldn't complain about the werehog that much)

"Challenging platforming" refers more to the Werehog. And while "boost to win" is somewhat of an option, actual skill is required if you want a good rank.

Autism. Colors wouldn't have been better even if it was edgy shit because Kishitmoto is just a shit director anyways. All the "soul" of Sonic died with 06, and new blood was literally requested by SEGA for Unleashed, and said team wanted to go all out with "Pixar Sonic" and well, if the Werehog never happened, you'd get more games like Unleashed, not full on comedy like Colors, but still likely less edgy Sonic, bitch Tails, and still useless friends. The soul of Unleashed was nothing but high product value, not gameplay value. Boost is just casual shit gameplay, and that's how it's going to stay. It's not bad, it's just not Sonic at his best. His best will and only will be classic era gameplay in 3D, which to give SA1/2 credit they tried to make it work, and could have, given more time to polish it. But no, waste all that time with fishing, meching and hunting garbage instead. Thus killing any hope a 3D Sonic series would ever be objectively good by all people on the planet, like Mario.

with her mouth

Attached: 1527283899078.png (487x700, 104K)

Colors has a lot less problems than Unleashed. That said, Unleashed has higher highs and lower lows.

Attached: SNCE8P-6.jpg (2500x1440, 2.7M)

>"Challenging platforming" refers more to the Werehog
Which required less from the player than the day stages. The only "difficult" stage was eggman land which was more of a war of attrition than anything else.

>next to no platforming skill to play.
Unleashed actually does punish you for just boosting

>tfw you are the only character to have a decent and completed multi game arc

Every megaman battle network past 3 had an edgey dark form, but they serve RPGs much better than platformers

Attached: 1513992038626.png (900x962, 239K)

>judt hoes yo dhow that after thd ehole
>>>>>>phoneposter

Attached: 1553570193461.png (248x288, 228K)

Shame Smash made him so reviled.

Attached: Darkpitart.png (1200x1600, 1013K)

Attached: 1492650449924.gif (320x213, 1.28M)

FEEL THE HATRED OF TEN THOUSAND YEARS!!

Attached: illydarn.jpg (950x633, 383K)

To be fair as a kid i was extremely worried on how i was supposed to defeat this big fucking bitch.

My obnoxiously large thumbs are good for vidya and not much else
actually come to think of it joycons have been a real pain

Attached: 1553975669983.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

Colors was the better game by a mile and fixed several problems from Unleashed. The issue is that Generations came afterwards, was a step back from Colors, and people praised that and they took all the wrong implications from that.

Show is those thumbs, freak.

Generations was good though. A nice celebration game that had some great reinterpreted Modern Sonic stages like Seaside Hill, Sky Sanctuary, and even Crisis City.

Pleb

BUT HIS NAME'S DARK PIT, HE MUST BE EDGY

Oh wait youtube.com/watch?v=N5K_JGNLndY

We're still IN the dark age you dumbass. We haven't recovered from 2006. Mania was a breath of fresh air but not a cure.

wasted potential: the character

Took pick with nose

Attached: rwal4sjto0i11.jpg (3024x4032, 767K)

Boomers aren't intimidated by edge, zoomers are because it's being genuine and that's "cringe". 90s-2000s were filled with genuine unironic edgy shit and it was great. I miss people being themselves.

>tallest of mountains: the character
FTFY

its all about context.
shadow wrecking shit killing literal humans in front of tails and fighting satan is hillarious, not edgy.
also why use a bike when you can run faster than light.

Good lord.

i always thought the eclipse cannon was just one more project they developped in the arc, just to develop a weapon
the immortality research was done with military purposes too after all

Toe thumb or no thumb, I always say.

Holy fucking Hapsburgs your family tree isn't a tree, it's a fucking wreath. If you were anymore inbred you'd be a sandwich.

it's odd how characters that represent independence are called edgy.

>Generations
>a step back from Colors
I legitimately wonder what makes you think this

Attached: 291px-TPHD_Wolf_Link_and_Midna_Artwork.png (291x300, 100K)

I’ve seen edgier.

The issue is that characters don't talk enough in Smash to show their personality during battles. I feel like that really hurt Dark Pit and Palutena.

That Link was already edgy enough as is

and i've fucked your mom dog style

Attached: rika-linkle-and-wolf-link.png (1181x900, 1.53M)

>Is just some simple dude who wrangles goats
>plays with kids
>edgy

Sega wants Sonic to be a shonen anime really badly and fail spectacularly because the characters are all cute animals with googly eyes

Attached: 1494907118209.png (605x596, 171K)

It's because humans are social creatures

THis and the Wii one were GOAT

Why does sega want that

V is less edgy than Vergil

The hell is wrong with you? why the fuck do they look like that? Are you a mutant?

Attached: image.jpg (750x750, 92K)

Because to Sega it's what's cool to the kids and they've always wanted Sonic to be cool

Super Sonic is a straight rip off Dragonball and that came in his very second game

>Throws and wrestles Gorons
>Can take down giant monsters and knights
>All of his artwork

Attached: 1553745750575m.jpg (410x1024, 54K)

$$$$$

Probably the best Link design.

>>Throws and wrestles Gorons
Which he cheats to do, plus that just isn't edgy
>>Can take down giant monsters and knights
Every Link does this
>>All of his artwork
I guess?

I can live with that. I enjoyed Colors a hell of a lot more than I did Unleashed.

RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAUGHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: evilryu.jpg (800x450, 64K)

I don't much care for RCS as Sonic, but the bigger issue is Graff and Pontac.

reminder
youtube.com/watch?v=J4pwfJdfjMA&t=4m24s

Attached: hqdefault (6).jpg (480x360, 10K)

Agreed.
I mean, I can see not thinking he's edgy, but his design alone makes everyone think he is.

Attached: Screenshot 2017-06-03 at 1.43.59 PM.png (401x509, 166K)

>intimidated by cringe
imagine being this cucked by Yea Forums that you have to delude yourself into redemption

Attached: SnSyfAh.jpg (959x482, 50K)

But SEGA hasn't wanted that since Colors, and when they tried doing it again in Forces it failed horribly. Modern Sonic will never have soul ever again

demise was better, what point are you trying to make by the way

Are you Dan from Game Grumps?

>Evil Ryu
Old and busted. Pic related is the new hotness when it comes to edge.

Attached: 1545052247087.jpg (793x867, 104K)

link brutally killed ganondorf in a nintendo game and you see him screaming for almost an entire minute.
i dont know about you but thats some edge.

How do you make an already edgy monster even edgier? You grow out the spikes and give it explosions!

Attached: 1494650644190.png (1092x985, 1M)

I miss Shounen Sonic.

>Rainbows don't shine in hell...
I fucking love this

Attached: 1551954708963.jpg (1280x1263, 258K)

Attached: ssb4___master_edges__sabers__by_skythevirus-d8bkn81.png (900x805, 574K)

This guy counts right?

Attached: image.jpg (250x726, 64K)

What the fuck were they thinking

Attached: 1553975892936.png (640x480, 375K)

Attached: edgelord.jpg (1773x3732, 1.1M)