Go into games journlalism

>go into games journlalism
>suck at playing games
>no, it’s the developers who need to change
Why do they keep doing this?
Also, I find it glorious that the Japanese developers are probably disgusted by the mere suggestion of an “easy mode” in a game that revolves around challenging combat
forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2019/03/28/sekiro-shadows-dies-twice-needs-to-respect-its-players-and-add-an-easy-mode/

Attached: 62EE45A0-BD01-41A2-BFD1-A01C2F97E1DA.jpg (1242x1598, 857K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/vmeIQ
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/davidthier/
youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>journlalism

It's just click bait you morons, he did the exact same article for dark souls.

Fromsoftware are based af. Game isn’t even that hard. Yes, conpared to some normie shit these journos are playing sekiro is probably the new battletoads to them, but just because you need to actually git gud at a game doesn’t mean it’s too hard.

>protagonist of the sequel undoes the villain's consequences
also
>linking Forbes clickbait

Attached: file.png (1080x708, 388K)

Journos are the lowest form of scum. The sky is blue. Any more obvious statements, user?

most of them don't go into it for games. It's just a thing to pay the bill. Usually that have several games and not a lot of time to play them.

Wow, thanks for direct linking that article that is definitely interesting and not at all clickbait.

Attached: peter-gabriel.jpg (1018x700, 50K)

Wow, the thread is ruined now. No one will ever make sense of the post because of this

Ok, here’s an archived link
archive.is/vmeIQ

There's been several threads at any given time about how hard the game is. Yea Forums is just as bad

Erik Kain is the only good part about Forbes' gaming, he is honestly too pure for them.

>journalists are merely pretending to be subhuman
No, they are subhuman

boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/davidthier/

Attached: 1539276164492.png (657x527, 300K)

Isn't that disrespectful? You think the players are so dog shit garbage that you make a baby mode for them?

You already start the game on easy mode, dumbass

IT DOESN'T MATTER
IT'S JUST CLICKBAIT BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES THESE PATHETIC PIECES OF TRASH ANY REVENUE
IT DOESN'T MATTER
IT'S JUST CLICKBAIT BECAUSE IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT GIVES THESE PATHETIC PIECES OF TRASH ANY REVENUE
IT DOESN'T MATTER
IT DOESN'T MATTER
IT DOESN'T MATTER

This. The guy is literally getting paid for >(You)s and you idiots fell for it.

Attached: 02f(2).jpg (655x527, 36K)

Games "journalists" need to respect developers by not blaming the games for their own incompetence. Seriously, how can you have a job that's literally just playing video games and writing about them and still not be good at games?

Look at this idiocy. Literally a video game fascist

Attached: 84F0B9D1-3B08-4D0D-8BE9-7FC11A8383A3.jpg (1242x1985, 1022K)

Games AREN'T for everyone. A blind, deaf, mute retard with no hands and feet cannot play video games.

What sane person thinks they can mandate who a company creates their product for?
This is fucking absurd

Wouldn't that be a games gommunist?

>people who aren't even handicapped bitching about the accessibility of games, even going so far as to co-opt disabled people as part of their argument
I can't wait for some handicapped person to beat this game and btfo these retards

"X is/are for everyone!" is always wrong.
It's like they don't understand market segmentation.
Don't get Spurdo into this.

I would actually, unironically like to see a game developed for blind or quadriplegic people that able people would also find fun.

Games can't be made for vegetables either.

Sekiro is already on easy mode. You have to give back the charm and ring the bell to increase the difficulty. In souls you can summon help and over level.

Attached: 4g7ecuoxa6221.jpg (788x725, 38K)

For blind people, a game needs really good sound design. Fighting games are the prime example because the arena is limited and sound cues are great.
For quadriplegic people, if they can still move their head then they could use a mouse with a special extension so anything that can be played with mouse only is playable for them.

This is such an immature and entitled take. Being a rational person means realizing that there are somethings that just aren't made for you in mind and being okay with it... because there are going to be other things that are. You can't possibly cater to every single type of person and you shouldn't. I don't like anime looking JRPGs, it would be fucking stupid for me to throw a fit about Monster Hunter not being more like the western CRPGs I do like. Fuck off, just go play something else.

Do retarded normies really play video games like this for the story? Jesus Christ that’s cringe. Read a book or something if you want a story. Games aren’t for you

Pretty much this. Also I guarantee that that dude would say something along the lines of
>Who cares if it doesn't cater to white males
If you were to bring anything up along those lines.

>For blind people, a game needs really good sound design.
What if it also took advantage of touch? Like, a board with little bumps rising and falling according to the game's flow or something. I bet the combination would be interesting for a blind person.

All games designed to be easy should be considered lower quality than actual video games. This includes games like TLOU or Kirby or animal crossing. You shouldn't be playing video games if you don't want a challenge, and you should constantly strive to push yourself further. go be "comfy" in some other medium.

Attached: 1501949401_hollow-knight-white-defender.jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

You'll never have sound design good enough for a blind person outside of making the game nothing but vocal QTEs.

There's literally a version of DOOM that's 100% audio with no visuals at all and it's completely playable.

the guy in OPs pic is a faggot but your opinion is exactly the same as his except from a different direction.

>LGBT flag
like fucking pottery
I'm so tired of this 'inclusive' fad, when will this retarded shit end

>respect their player's time

Is a valid criticism. I uninstalled deus ex because those fuckers expected me to wait 5 minutes just to do a hack again.

Attached: mrpeanuts journalist.png (485x640, 323K)

Why? Because I don't find artistic merit in walking simulators?

The thing is games are for everyone, which is why a multitude of varying genres and difficulty levels exist. So that there is a game for everyone.

It's just a clickbait article, when will you retards learn this

this argument falls apart so easily if you think about it for a minute.

I don't play sports games because they're not in my demographic, I'm not gonna demand the developers start changing their sports games for me

This is the kind of subhuman that praises snoy's movies.

>respect their time
This one I agree with. Fuck Elite Dangerous and fuck Braben.

Based Erik Kain. If you ever disagree with anything he says about vidya, you need to reexamine your view.

Fuck off, Erik Kain has written a lot of retarded bullshit too.

There's a blind guy who plays Street Fighter 5.
Also there's a game called "A Blind Legend" you might want to check out. It has no graphics.

Only a mentally ill person would actually believe this

Dude, are you serious?
You can play Deus Ex without hacking a single time by just looking around for passwords and logins.
You could also just level up hacking, I recommend getting to at least level 2 to be able to hack turrets.

>Gaming "journos" being dumb as rock is shocking

youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE

>DMC scales down to beginner level
And yet there are still people who bitch about DMC’s learning curve, and difficulty, even when the default difficulty for DMC5 isn’t even that challenging.

There’s absolutely no pleasing some of these retards until devs make their action games play themselves for these guys. They simply refuse to accept when a game isn’t for them because they really want in on the conversation and hype and feel included.

This is what you get when you subscribe your outlook to blind inclusivity in all things at all costs. These people probably dont even think test scores should apply to colleges, it should purely be how un-privaledged you are for entry.