SEKIRO

>half of Yea Forums found it pathetically easy

>other half of Yea Forums found it hard

Who am I supposed to believe?

Attached: Sekiro_Art_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqQsQKkypbxxkGLu6JU8b2QKfk7bxqeI-RJzwIB1bgqTk.jpg (480x300, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adYloWQmgBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zT35HWy_qvQ
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA
youtube.com/watch?v=Ccacj8YGByw
youtube.com/watch?v=QDA4kwAfxME
clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Half of Yea Forums, obviously.

my friend hasnt beat it and he has played it non-stop since release

Most people find it hard even on Yea Forums

It's hard, but you get used to it. The people who """found it easy""" are flexing on you. It's a very common thing.

i found it hard. Until I realized I should not play it like a souls game and properly learned the controls.
Then most of the game is pathetically easy.
This game isn't a case of git gud.
It's a case of learn how to play the game you lazy piece of shit.

Once you learn the mechanics it becomes a good game. It's not easy, but it's fair. If you try to play it like Dark Souls, you are gonna get fucked.

>but it's fair.
I agree with this on all but that retarded Ape with his shitty hitboxes. They hurt your back if you stand too close and block.

It's actually really entertaining watching the souls youtubers struggle and claim the headless and seven spears guy are hard

>people who don't co-op in Souls games found it easy
>people who do co-op found it hard

Its easy, but you can make it challenging (Demon Seed/Path of Hardships). The people who """found it hard"""" are shitposting. A very common thing

I did co-op in DS3 because some of the bosses in that game were retarded and made to favor only specific build. Never found this problem in Sekiro.

Sekiro has brought about some of the worst examples of humblebragging I've seen on Yea Forums in a while.

Yourself you dumbass, play it and decide by yourself

>made to favor only specific build.
Like what?

>this game is bad because it hard
>>what are you talking about it's pretty fun
>stop bragging

???

it was kinda hard for me to get into, but on my second day of playing i got gud and it was a lot of fun.

Its hard when you don't understand how to play.
Its easy when you do
There no middle ground in this game.

Very humble flex right here.

This, I bet most people are still trying to dodge all the attacks like they did in dark souls.

Right. So people who says its hard are legitimate and those who disagree are flexing?
You realize why I'm making fun of you, yes?

It doesn't have a middle ground.
It's when you realize it isn't a fucking souls game and you start to learn the play the game correctly.
That middle ground is brief.

>"sword saint wasn't even hard, beat him in 3 tries tee hee"
the humblebrag

>So people who says its hard are legitimate and those who disagree are flexing?
Yes. I'm glad you can read.

The demon of Hatred isn't remotely as difficult as Sword saint.
There was a very definable pattern to the Demon.
Sword saint is chewing my ass raw with his 4 health bars.

It's pathetically easy compared to souls games. Bosses in Sekiro go down quick if you're fighting them right so there's less room for a major error. Souls bosses generally take a while unless you know a cheese strat so you have to not fuck up for five+ minutes depending on your build. Sekiro is like playing a spectacle fighter on the hard mode with out having gotten to grips with how it plays on normal first.

Being able to be lightning countered automatically invalidates a boss difficulty.
Genichiro is a jobber
SS P1 is a jobber
SS P2 is easy to read and fight is based on spacing rather than aggressive play
SS P3 doesn't even exist since you drop him in 2-3 lightning counters

>SS P2 is easy to read and fight is based on spacing rather than aggressive play
Part 2 and 3 won't happen if you managed to not drink from the gourd after part 1.

The people who have trouble just spam attack and jump around instead of timing deflects and using the mikoro counter.

Half is lying, like my friend that got pissed when i said it was a 7/10 game "YOU ONLY SAY THAT BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT THE GAME!" only for me to find out he still did not beat Genichiro while i am having no fun whatsoever fighting Owl "SLASH SLASH PARRY SLASH SLASH PARRY oh no he insta kill me when i tried to play fair", not a bad game but it throw the "tough, but fair." out of the window.

IT'S NOT EVEN A FUN GAME. WHAT A FUCKING AUTISTIC SHIT FEST.

LITERALLY THE VIDEO GAME EQUIVALENT OF BONDAGE.

YOU MUST PLAY IN ONE WAY ONLY, YOU CAN'T LEVEL UP, YOU MUST RESPOND WITH EXACT BUTTON PRESSES IN RESPONSE TO A COMPUTER PROGRAMMED ENEMY.

IT'S LITERAL VIDEO GAME BONDAGE. NOT EVEN FUN.

FUCK THEM. MAKE A GOD FUCKING VIDEO GAME THAT'S ENJOYABLE TO PLAY.

You know a game is hard when people are using the
>oh i could beat it but uh its just so tedious yknow
excuse. Someone earlier actually said it wasn't hard, it was just boring taking 2 hours to beat a boss.

Dumb rumor.

all those "hard" threads were falseflags to sell more copies
maybe 5% were genuine

>people that learned how to parry properly in the other games
>people that just iframe rolled through every game and never learned how to parry
there

Nobody found it "pathetically easy", and sure as SHIT not "half of Yea Forums".

GIT

The way I think about Sekiro is that is initially harder than the souls series. In the Souls games once you get good it can still be really challenging at times. In Sekiro it has a steeper git gud curve requiring better mechanical execution up front. The thing about it is that Sekiro gives you overall way better tools than in Souls. Once you even remotely get good at all of the mechanics to a degree the game technically becomes easier than the souls games. Things like stealth attacks and infinite stamina really help as well.

Literally not true, I've gotten to part 2 with all gourds many times and it didnt change anything

>try and doge and block all attacks like it's dark souls
>wow this game is stupidly hard, the bosses are so tedious because my attacks do so little damage to their health
>deflect attacks instead, focus on breaking posture
>wow this game sure is challenging, much like From's earlier works.

This is the truth

I never learned how to parry and just Tanked most everything in the other games. Instead of bloodborne where I rolled and dashed away from everything.

The parry window in Sekiro is fucking Huge. Spamming L1/LB will deflect 95% of the time and Perfect Parry 70% of the time.

Its pretty hard to fight Wolnir as a caster.

Never had the patience to do any SL1 runs but I’m already on my third playthrough with Kuros charm and while it is challenging, I honestly felt I had more trouble with Bloodborne in the long run. I think Sekiros early hours are the toughest if you’re used to the Souls style of patient play.

But the last boss is the one people find the most difficult.

>parents pumped you full of ADHD medicine since you were 10
Easy game
>normal person
Hard game

It's hard until it clicks. Then it suddenly becomes easy as fuck.

Attached: 1553581040558.jpg (372x521, 97K)

It's a fairly hard game. Saying otherwise is needless chest thumping.

>kept dodging the one armed ninja's attacks in the starting well area
>kept backing off to heal
>kept getting shit pushed in
>decide to go all out
>keep pressure on him, back him into corner
>he only had like 2 easy to counter moves
>kill him only getting hit once
>realize i was being a retard for hours

Not really. Int weapon/faith weapon. or Summon sword or whatever. Just fight it like a normal person. hell the bangle take huge damage from anything blunt so just bless a blunt weapon.

This all reminds me of the faggots saying they beat Pontiff or Friede 1st try.
Nah fuck off.

The people who found it easy are watching twitch streamers play it and going
>LMAO I play games like this a lot, it looks easy

This should sound true but My brother was pumped full of ADHD meds but he can't focus on shit.

>he becomes a regular enemy in the endgame
>mikiri their asses all day every day
Feels gud

It's moderately difficult. Not unfair, not too easy. Just the right amount of challenge when you understand the game, and you truly get your money's worth for the price of admission.

It's easier than blind naked bandit knife DS3 run for sure.

FIRECRACKERS

Attached: 1554047078127.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

It's true though. It was a fucking fluke because I was aggressive as shit, Over leveled and whipping around his weakness apparently.

Sekiro isn't a souls game. So the moment you stop treating it like one you start to understand how to actually play the game because you aren't trying fight enemies and bosses like they have a health bar you should deplete or attacks you should dodge.
It's that easy.
It's like if you played Shooters all your like and tried to play an RPG like a shooter. You won't get anywhere because you are actively choosing to play the game wrong.

>tfw finally beat demon of hatred
>think my struggles are finally all over
>no way last boss will be that hard...
>getting casual filtered by Isshin
youtube.com/watch?v=adYloWQmgBQ

Attached: wew.jpg (3440x1440, 836K)

Or maybe some people are simply good at games? I have a friend who plays nothing but monhun and dmc breeze through the game in less than a week. Once your eyes have become used to reading animation frames in slomo, games become easy as fuck apparently

Practically everyone at release was saying it was harder than Soulsborne.

You made the mistake alot of people have been of treating it like a Souls game when From told everyone for months to not do that. Always be aggressive and awake. The AI is clearly designed around exploiting the player's cowardice and panic when shit gets real.

its only hard if youre playing for recreational purposes with turning your brain off.
sure its not an easy game, but if youre ready to learn and actually try you will be ok.
i want to see the playthrough of somebody who says that they cant beat isshin or genechiro or butterfly after 50 tries.
like seriously nigga ok isshin is hard, but youre dying to him in a similiar fashion for 30 tries, do you have no thought process at all or you never played action games before?

yourself
just fucking play it

Why doesn't this skill have a number by it as if I can't get it, even though there's a line leading to it? I don't have to get the other skill first do I? Why would it look like there's a line to it otherwise?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1644x756, 325K)

They could be telling the truth if they grab all the summons and they will do the work for them.
But for solo blind run? Press X to doubt.

you need to learn slide too

You need both lines acquired.

If there are two lines leading to ability you need to have both of them learned.

People who play DMC or MH have no genuine advantage in this game(And you're deluding yourself into thinking either of those are comparable even). The voyeurs are your typical armchair idiot found here. Stop acting like the shit you're talking about is some elite super power, it's cringe.

It's hard relative to almost all vidya. Yea Forums just loves to stroke its E-peen. Videogames IN GENERAL are easy because its the definition of lazy "challenge" (sit on the couch and press buttons like an autist)--this is why manchildren with no other skills gravitate toward this hobby. So you have to consider difficulty relative to other games, and for that reason sekiro is pretty tough IMO.

As far as why, it has the same souls formula in terms of harshly punishing mistakes, but because the game (basically) requires you to counter/parry etc you really have to be on your game to not fuck up. Compare that to souls games where defensive play is entirely possible and practically encouraged.

Of course there are plenty of features that make the game quite cheesable, notably how you can leave/return to fights over and over again to "stealth kill" entire groups, if you have the patience. This is one of my biggest pet peeves for this game. I try to avoid it but its like why would I face a miniboss with 2 full health bars + all his little minions when I can face him by himself with 1 health bar left.

This is one of the three mistakes I see people make all the time. They give enemies way too much respect, allowing them to recover their posture. The other mistakes I see are people jumping away from the enemy, when they could be bouncing off their head and destroying their posture, and forgetting they can deflect anything that isn't a perilous attack, some people see a giant monkey arm swinging at them and they intuitively (perhaps thanks to Souls) think they can't parry it.

The people who say it’s hard because they’re being honest and played the game. The people that say it’s easy are already being dishonest so you can disregard the rest of their opinion. Also as someone else said, a lot of people in the “it’s easy” camp haven’t actually played the game, they’ve just seen videos and webms of people playing the game well and not understanding the skill and timing it takes to do that.

At absolute best. If someone only played DMC3, 4, and 5 exclusively as royal guard Dante. They might have a little bit of an edge on the parrying. But Parrying/deflecting in Sekiro is fucking stupid easy to do.

I beat Owl. I will beat you too, Isshin.
No matter how many times I have to cut down that dog Geni, I will beat you.

Attached: 1546798903733.jpg (750x735, 44K)

Why cant you believe that some people simply find it easy? By comparison he doesnt get why dark souls is hard at all when some monsters in mh are far more aggressive

Projecting so hard, shame.
It's not harder than other souls game there is just no summoning aka easy mode.
Is it harder than majority of brainess games? For sure.

not waving my e-peen here, I genuinely didn't have a hard time with owl didnt try his second fight though but Isshin is fucking destroying my sphincter. The moment that spear comes out I may as well press alt f4

>tfw stuck between guardian ape and illusion munk
What do Yea Forumsros?

>says I’m projecting
>then says it’s harder than most games

Stop being dishonest

Alright so the second headless ape is only there if you kill the first boss right? Because I already explored that shitty place and there was nothing.

Also where to farm snapseeds for corrupted monk?

>it has the same souls formula
No. You can shut up now.
The reason people are bitching that it is too hard is because they are treating it like a soulsborne game. They are playing it like a game it is not and refusing to learn how the game actually works. They want to Dodge everything and think the objective is to deplete a health bar to 0 when that isn't the point nor remotely viable for 90% of the games bosses.

Because its dishonesty in its entirety and you know that

>>deflect attacks instead, focus on breaking posture
except when you wanna fight monk who is like "lol let me just heal my posture"

Right so its only honest if its in agreement with your opinion. Cool

Believe in yourself. You're a better person than you think you are.

At absolute best those people wouldn't touch this game because 5 minutes in they'd realize its not worth the challenge to them and the reward is nothing special or to flex about. These people play for the challenge, not the game itself.

Why is it fucking dishonesty when I know and have seen the guy play? Not everyone is some anonymous shitposter you know.

Yeah, There are very few attacks that can't be parried in some way. Be it the Jump kick over a sweep or Dashing into a thrust.
Also they have the idea in their head that every fight with a boss is a battle of attrition. When in reality it is normally a 50% battle of wits and 50% aggression.

It’s dishonest because the game is hard. That’s not an outlandish thing to say. Then you come in, act like a contrarian prick, and inadvertently agree with my opinion like the brainlet with a head up his ass like you are.

>People who play DMC or MH have no genuine advantage in this game
As evidenced by Maximilian DOOD. He mostly plays fighting games, but used to be obsessed with Monster Hunter World and is a huge DMCfag. He has shown time and time again that he can tell what frame rate a video or game is running at, something I sure as fuck can't do. He's also beaten every Souls games, DS3 twice and Bloodborne like seven times.

He didn't beat Sekiro. He fought the final boss for an hour and a half and called it quits, eyes full of salt. Ape and Butterfly also took him over an hour.

>3rd person single player game (friendly reminder that multi in souls was totally optional)
>mostly melee combat with hints of range
>world filled with almost all hostile NPCs/monsters
>can slash, block and parry
>spend souls on upgrades
>explore and find items & consumables
>bosses

i didnt say "its identical to souls" but its the same fucking thing with a higher emphasis on aggression/parrying and a *slightly* different upgrade/currency system. in either case i was mostly just comparing it to souls as far as its "punishment for mistakes" which is a hallmark of the series, and my point was only that sekiro turns this up a notch (since you basically HAVE to counter to beat a lot of encounters, and missing a counter is often a big deal).

Use firecrackers.

You are the one acting contrarian.
Every one is saying the game is hard when you don't understand the game's mechanics, afterwards its relatively easy.

Stop shitposting

I did, but I think a large part of that was that towards the very end of the game I had resorted to playing it like Dark Souls with infinite stamina. Running away perpetually (instead of blocking perpetually like souls) and getting a couple hits in when safe. Like that, it really wasn't any more difficult than Souls. I think a lot of players put themselves into the mindset that they have to always play it differently than souls, which is going to make it seem far harder than what's actually required to win because there's a much larger skill ceiling for getting good when you force yourself to stand your ground ground on a boss than there is in Souls.

I also said the game is hard. Never did I say you can’t get good at it though. Learn to read and learn to admit to your own mistakes. Otherwise you will always be a child to everyone else.

You are really trying to milhouse this Flex term.
You remind me of this retard that tried to push the word Sickdark for Bloodborne.

Nobody is flexing. They are telling you to stop playing the game like its something else and get your head out of your ass and learn the games mechanics that trivializes most of the games conflicts. it's not a matter of skill it's a matter of learning to play the game remotely properly.

The people who find it easy are people who have played a fuck ton of Ninja Gaiden. The people who find it hard, have not.

Majority of games require almost no use of brain and could be played by monkeys. All difficulty is subjective, so calling a game "hard" is retarded.
If i had no legs or was 500lb landwhale i would say walking is hard.
What you can say however about Sekiro that it punish player mistakes, require player to focus even when fighting weak enemies, if you don't master game mechanicks you will get stuck.
And there is no fucking waypoint telling you where to go.
If this isn't enyojable for you then don't play.

That's the game it honestly reminds me of the most. It's Miyazaki's love letter to NG, the combat system he's been wanting to make since BB.

Mikiri Counter's description needs to be more clear. I spent way too long trying to kill this fucker doing it incorrectly, because Hanbei allows you to counter him without doing it right. You need to dash TOWARD the target as it's about to hit. If you just hit O, or hit O and any direction aside from forward, it will make you just dodge.

Attached: Untitled.png (474x538, 50K)

If they say it's hard it's a shill
It's just prepare to die marketing again.

>kill snek
>go to cave where the snake was guarding and you had to distract him with the monkey business
>snake is alive and well

Attached: .png (480x360, 411K)

What if there are multiple sneks?

No you said everyone saying the game is easy is lying or dishonest. Fuck off out of here

Wrong. I said a lot of people, not everyone. Learn to read, readlet.

There are 2 snakes.
N

I've been only pressing O without any movement input for the last 3 playthroughs and it's been working fine, you just need to time it right because if you do it too early you just dodge

Just tap O, no directional inputs works for me

>game is hard when you don't understand the game's mechanics, afterwards its relatively easy.
Well, it's more than that. I've seen a lot of streamers quit the game or beat it off stream because they couldn't handle the backseaters, but the reason the backseating is so heavy in this game is that part of the game's difficulty comes from so many players being too stupid to figure out how to use their tools or too blind to find them to begin with. I can't tell you how many people I've seen scroll past Robert's Firecrackers - both times - and then act indignant when their chat calls them blind. How the fuck do you not see the weird as fuck item in the merchant's inventory and not read what it is? I've even seen people run past the flame barrel, despite From putting an obvious-as-fuck prompt in the fire you can see no matter where you are.

Of course, if you're good enough, you don't need those things, but most people should know they aren't good enough and they do need those things.

>Game company reputable for "difficult" games
>Game X is widely seen as pretty difficult for most players, even those well versed in the companies shticks
>"Hey BOSS is kind of hard, shit"
>"LMAO I beat it in 3 tries, hah hah ha stop being shit hahahahahah"
>Not flexing
Okay

>not everyone is a shitposter
No but he is
Look at how he backpeddled earlier

I don't know, I was not able to land any counter consistently on that guy unless I hit forward as well. Maybe it's just him.

>streamers
Who cares? They play for views not fun

Caleb Hart ragequit the game after taking 100 minutes to beat Butterfly and he's a Gaidenfag.

No, the grappling attack is the one that needs to be rewritten. Literally everyone buys it and thinks they can now grapple into enemies.

The entire argument starting this is a backpeddle you paranoid cocksucker

I guarantee you the people calling this game pathetically easy now were the people who were crying about it earlier. Its one of those games where you need to get decimated and humiliated then you rise from the ashes to kick its ass. These people just usually forget the first part.

>they're an Xfag or a Yfag
It doesn't matter what experience in other games you have.
Sekiro requires you to play the game like a sekiro game and not whatever else fucking game you're used to

Anyone who calls this game "pathetically easy" is someone with a fragile ego and a chode who thinks they're tough shit for playing a video game.

It's okay to say it was a challenge.

It just has a learning curve you have to overcome, like dark souls, if you do that you shouldn't spend too long on any boss. Just don't play it like souls because the dodge in this game isn't an option that solves everything.

t.still on ogre

>Who cares?
They have playthroughs I can point to as evidence. If I say, "My cousin did this," it's meaningless because you can't go see my cousin's playthrough as proof. If I say, "This asshole over here did this," yes, you can go see it for yourself, so I'm not pulling something out of my ass.
>They play for views not fun
That might be true for some people, but it's not true for speedrunners or some other people. Do the people who beat the game off stream play for views? Whoops. They got zero views for their playthrough. Wow, they must be bad at doing the one thing they want to do, according to you. Do people who quit the game early because it was too hard or unfun play for views? I guess they're just lying about why they quit, but they can't get past you, user.

>half of Yea Forums found it pathetically easy

I haven't seen this sentiment outside of the people who dropped it after they did like 3 stealth kills on trash mobs.

>3rd person single player game (friendly reminder that multi in souls was totally optional)
As is countless other games.
>mostly melee combat with hints of range
As is most other games.
>world filled with almost all hostile NPCs/monsters
Ect.
>can slash, block and parry
Clash swords, jump, Kick off, redirect, Run away, Turn around, and stealth kill. But yes. Those 3 basic as shit things in most games too.
>spend souls on upgrades
You fill a EXP bar that gives you a point that won't go away on death. Uses exclusively on skills until you make a optional mask to raise only attack power in NG+/++/+++ You have Money for items and shit as a separate thing.
>explore and find items & consumables
Like countless other games.
>bosses
Like countless other games.
Most of what you listed is basic bullshit for most games. That would make Gothic a fucking Souls game in your dumbass mind.
Outside of that superficial shit you also have to break a enemies Posture to kill them because you deal dogshit damage to them and they block most everything. There is basically no I frames on dodges so trying to dash around a sword is just going to get you locked into a quick death. Many bosses and enemies are easier to deal with by stealth and are Completely intended for you to do so. Your Ninja tools are essential. There is no builds in this game. the Shuriken is to keep pressure while back way from the unblockable or status ailment attacks. Or to make sure they don't regain posture. The Axe is to break shields, enemies blocks, and later scare red eyed enemies because of fire.
The spear is to pressure blocking enemies while shaving off health. and to a much lesser extent stripping two enemies of something on them.
The Canon is to spit fire and set what looks flammable on fire and scare red eyes.
The whistle is to confuse beasts into attack each other so you don't have do with large groups of them. and later scare ghosts.
Everything in the sekiro's arsenal has a use.

100% this.

>all negative reviews for sekiro include the writer saying they "have played dark souls/bloodborne" and that sekiro is too hard because it doesn't have summoning
So everyone who thinks it's too hard and not a good game were the same breed who summoned for every single boss and let other people take care of the challenges for them.

Why the fuck do you play these games if not for the high after you beat something tough?

Attached: 345.png (1095x805, 72K)

You need be hit during the iframes of your dodge. Dodging away works but it's just making the timing much harder than dodging forward, since moving away is only delaying the time it takes for them to hit you and making it more likely to hit outside your invincibility.

t.streamer

>keep hearing how hard poop ape was
>beat him on my 4th try
Lmao fucking Soulbabs find everything hard without summons

Wow it's almost like these games have always had varying opinions on boss difficulty due to play style

Isshin is hard, but you shouldnt get filtered if you made it that far. It took me about 20 tries until i finally beat that fucker

Woooow 4 tries?
Get good shitter
I beat him in 3 tries.

I'm 99% sure that mikiri counter window is larger than your i-frames

Pretty much
I brought the game on a whim I haven’t beat it yet because I get easily distracted but hard?
Nah
Mot, Demi-fiend are slow burn fuck you hard
This is like “Ok I see where I fucked up” then I beat it my second try 80% of the time

Nobody is bragging dick lips.
They are just telling you that you find it difficult because you refuse to play the game correctly and calling you a whiny bitch because of your obstinance to learning a games basic fucking mechanics.

The game is Challenging, yes. But it isn't remotely as difficult as your dumbass whines that it is. Only thing making this worse is you.

>read a bunch of guides and tips on boss
>do better than fighting blind
lol scrub

I would replace easy with "just right" but yeah, this is pretty much true for all From games or any challenging game in general

I didn't read shit, my dude. Is it really this hard for you to believe that not everyone is as shit at games as you?

>So everyone who thinks it's too hard and not a good game were the same breed who summoned for every single boss

It's an open secret that is 99% of the 'git gud' souls community. I knew after 10 mins of playing this game that there'd be a sizable revolt.

It's hard but it's well designed so after you are done with a fight you feel like you figured it out and that it was actually not really hard.

You have only the right to say that it was easy if you beat a boss in your first or at the very least second fight.

>not beating him on first try with no attack and health upgrades
Get the fuck out of here, casual.

>having to lie on Yea Forums about spoiling the bossfight for yourself
lol sad

I'm curious how many people on Yea Forums used the bell.

Your niggerape brain doesn't seem to understand what bragging is if you look at this thread and others prior and don't see the amount of it occurring left and right around specific bosses. Gitting gud aside, the amount of people shitposting on both sides are retarded and you yourself are not contributing anything besides more shitposts to the pile defending or fighting against the arguments.

Wtf imo ishin's hardeest phase is his first
2nd iis much more predictable and easy to block

Bondage is pretty fun, though.

It is, it's quite a bit more lenient than dodging or parrying.

I did from everything post Genichiro.
Isshin finally made me turn that shit off though, good lord, but the mats game was ridiculous.

>tfw keep dying to the dogs in ashina outskirts

h-how do I beat them bros

Attached: 1549301232489.png (619x615, 341K)

I'd say that also applies to the bosses
>die to ashina tower gen tons of times learning him
>the time I kill him I don't get downed even once
>same thing happens on almost every boss

Throw your arm at them, they will play
fetch

I'm having a ton of trouble with it, even to random enemies I die constantly. I've only beaten the one boss but I'm totally stuck, there's a couple paths to take like the castle and reservoir that have mini-bosses I need to beat to progress and then the temple I just can't get past the generic enemies. I've used up all the dragonrot cures and I currently have like 6 dragonrot curses, so I guess I won't be getting to do any NPC questlines in this game. I really hate being so bad at videogames.

I'm not saying I'm better than you. I'm not haling around my ability to play the game correctly.
I simply saying the game isn't remotely as hard as whiners are making it out to be once you stop treating it like a souls game since it's doesn't play like one.
You're choosing to not play the game correctly and getting mad at the people who are.

Form your own opinion and then tell half of Yea Forums they're wrong.

I know we're not supposed to praise anything here but I have always hated this gatekeeping aspect of Fromsoft titles. You meme it up acting like it's sooo hard even though you summoned for everything, call others shit and to git gud, and perpetuate the idea that only "good" players can beat it. These games are beautiful and deserve a wider audience. Casual players absolutely can and do play and beat Fromsoft games. It just takes patience and learning mechanics.

How do I get more divine confetti?

Attached: images (99).jpg (743x413, 29K)

Just parry them bro

Progress with game and buy them from shop keep

No way, I'm tech-retarded and have the charisma of a tree.

>Why the fuck do you play these games if not for the high after you beat something tough?
Many people say they don't get that high from beating bosses, probably because they're not chipping away at health like they would be in a normal game. It's more like they slowly work up the opportunity to one-shot the boss and they don't find it as rewarding. I've seen several people say, "I can't even get a hit in."

I used to find it really odd that people hated Elena in Street Fighter. You could tell from audience reactions that the reason was her heal. As someone who first got into online games with an MMO, healing to me looked as integral to game design as dealing damage is. Sekiro, although I think I started to get it with Dark Souls, made me realize what it was specifically that caused people to get so salty at enemies who recover health. It's because they don't see the enemy as an individual with their own toolkit built around survival and their health as a measure of how well they're surviving; they see the enemy as an obstacle and the enemy's health bar as symbolic of their progress over that obstacle. When the enemy recovers health, they feel as if their progress has been "stolen" and they get upset at the game.

What does fresh and dried serpent viscera do?

Gen is the boss you fight to master the basic of the game. Every other fight afterwards is a test of multiple mechanics at once.
Sword saint is the basics again but now it's not a learning experience. It's the final exam.

buy it

People equal frustration with difficulty so any objective metric of calculating challenge doesn't matter. Some people may die literally like 10 times to a boss and still will say it wasn't hard just because they weren't frustrated, they actually felt like they could beat the boss every time. But Sekiro is actually very fair and well designed so you will only feel rarely frustrated if at all.

I'm not getting mad at anyone, I'm pointing out that its easy to say you're playing it right when there are now hundreds of LPs and webms of people doing so. Its no different than when people make claim that Godhand is easy after dudes did max difficulty shitpost LPs crapping all over it and memeing it into the ground. Any game is easy when you know it, but the initial blind entrance is what defines the intended difficulty, Soulslike or not.

If you can't buy them yet, you can farm them from the blue samurai guys in Ashina castle with bell demon and item balloon

quick, prove you beat sekiro

Attached: file.png (940x84, 14K)

Nobody found it pathetically easy. Every one of these guys who advanced through the same either died 100 times to Genichiro or watched some video on cheese strats. ANYONE ELSE who tells you otherwise is lying.

Half the people had the tenacity to keep smashing their head against a wall and the other half got frustrated and quit.

Ending mcguffins.

I CAN'T ISSHIN IS IMPOSSIBLE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Buy it or grind it from the swordsman from the castle annex

How do I deal with these no honor gun cunts in the depths

Attached: isshin.jpg (1900x1077, 443K)

Just haul ass through and come back up through their butts.

>even to random enemies I die constantly
HAHAHAHA THE FUCKING STATE OF Yea Forums

Attached: 1534688136004.jpg (249x249, 8K)

Gay i wanted an item or skill or something not a shitty cutscene

Video games have largely become more of a social function than an actual hobby or practice with younger millennials and zoomers. People on and off of Yea Forums spend more time talking about them than playing them. The market is like this by design, much like the recording industry. It allows companies to insulate and control public opinion for purposes of self-perpetuation. I'm not sure if we will ever see an alternative at this point.

you can beat him by just running away like a bitch the whole time then hitting him once when he whiffs something. it will take like 20 minutes but youll do it

Alright guys what the fuck do you use the upgrade materials on?
I'm up to the guardian ape I've beaten 4 bosses got 9 healing flasks 5 necklaces and the mortal blade but I've still got no clue what the hell I'm supposed to do with all this gunpowder and scrap.

The fuck? You know "casters" have magic infused weapons, too? You even have a fucking spell called magic weapon that infuses anything you hold with int scaling.
Fucking summoning idiot

upgrade your prosthetic arm nigger

The fact of the matter is that the game will be hard for the first couple of hours, then you will reach the boss/miniboss that teaches you how to play.

Yea Forums is not the best place to rate the difficulty of a game since everyone knows that admitting that you found some part in a video game difficult will earn you tons of shitposts and people will immediately disregard your opinion. Yea Forums has a deep insecurity when it comes to this topic, probably because people on here don't have much else in life next to video games.

I went in blind on this thing. A LP and Webm won't tell me the exact buttons to press to perform these moves or how my reaction timing is on parries and deflects. Souls was deeply grained in my fucking play style until I got to Lady Butterfly. She beat that the fuck out of me to the point that I have trouble playing souls again because now Sekiro is ingrained in me.

People telling you to learn the games mechanics are not remotely wrong. Over half the game is teaching you the games mechanics. Before Genichiro every boss and mini boss is a test on individual mechanics. Genichiro is a low end test on all of them you learned thus far. After that each boss turns into a test on a combination of mechanics at once leading up Owl which is a mid to high tier test on those mechanics. repeat for every boss after owl but more mechanics mixed in baring a boss or two you missed, Then Sword saint happens and he is your Final exam on everything you learned baring stealth attacks.

The game teaches you how to play it and the people bitching that is to hard are the people refusing to learn.

You want to be at mid range for the ape. It makes parrying his shit way easier because his hitboxes make a lot more sense from that distance. Up close and in his face is just asking to get fucked because they just don't translate the same and are nearly impossible to judge the timing for. He does seem to have one hitbox that doesn't seem to work properly though. When he flops on his stomach, slides towards you and swings, I don't think I've ever actually been hot by that attack, whether blocking parrying, or eating the damage no matter where I stood. It became an attack I just stopped worrying about altogether and ran in to hit him since it was literally never touching me.

your friend might be in a coma, go check on him

Really is that it all the upgrades seem so useless

That's not what I've seen. I've seen people saying it's not hard as a way of protecting their own pride, because they took two hours to beat a boss or ragequit the game. Someone (if I mention streamers, Yea Forumsirgins get mad) beat Nameless King in 30 minutes, and he said it was a cool but not particularly hard fight; Corrupted Monk took him a few minutes less, but he said he felt nothing after killing her and seemed to genuinely be hating the game at that point.

I mean I already said I'm bad at videogames so I'm not blaming the game or anything, not sure why you feel the need to be a normalfag and insult me for it

Make sure to get some skills. Whirlwind slash is great, Mikiri counter is a necessity. Also be sure to get prosthetic enhancements.

because they are useless. most combat arts, upgrades, skills are trash

Half of Yea Forums is full of shit
other half is casual redditors

It's a hard game but most of the difficulty comes from inexperience,
once you've learned your foes, they're 99% easier than what they were when you didn't know what they do yet

"first try" killing bosses in Sekiro is WAY harder than other souls games, simply because in Dark Souls, offense is never defensive (bosses have so much poise), you're always dodging and hitting once or twice before avoiding the next strike.
In sekiro, you're ENCOURAGED to be the one slapping the shit out of the boss, atleast as long as it's man-sized

This was my problem in the beginning.
Tho I did beat ape 3rd try playing souls style but with fast boy legs

The difficulty is pretty inconsistent. I thought the difficulty was perfect for a bit but then gets a little too easy for my liking after the second Genichiro fight. After that the bosses are bosses are a bit easier than I would have liked, until the good difficulty comes back for the final fight.

this is the right answer, just like the souls games. once you figure out enemy paterson and what works and doesn't the game if far more enjoyable

You are intended to run from the scream.
You can't parry it because it will Terror you.

Also, don't rush into mobs. It took me a bit to figure it out but the optimal way of playing is to stealth kill as much as you can. You will get bumrushed otherwise, it's impossible to counter/stagger everyone at the same time, and Wolf's health is dismal at first. The stealth is pretty forgiving, you can go kill someone and alert like 10 guys then run off and wait for them to de-alert.

For the Shinobi Hunter miniboss it's best to stealth hit him for one of his health circles, then Mikiri Counter his ass.

Video games are an incredibly easy hobby and single player games are the pinnacle of easy shit to do. All you have to do is just not be a faggot for a second and continue playing, as long as you don't give up your brain does the job on its own and you will get the necessary muscle memory to beat everything. You usually see results almost immediately in video games, that's why you must be completely retarded to regard video games as challenging. In other topics like mathematics you sometimes need to work weeks or even months on a problem till you see some positive results, everything before that is just gritting your teeth and hoping for the best.

This happens to me too
Like, I make stupid mistakes and die over and over again, even when I already know what I'm supposed to do.
but, when it finally clicks, I gracefully slap the boss and don't even need resurrects

i want to do as many boss battles as i can.
which ending should i strive for?
i'm pretty sure i'm on the right path for most of them so when the time comes i can choose

You must have like, no health if Owl can insta kill you. Also, he has some pretty clearly defined attack patterns and follow ups that make reactions fairly easy. It took me quite a few tries to learn his timing and patterns but there is absolutely nothing cheap about him.

Purification

user... The age of "that kid" is dead thanks to the internet, where you happen to be posting this, no less. Stop.

It's not hard but it's not fun so getting good is the least rewarding it's ever been

>playing "fair" as a fucking ninja fighting ANOTHER fucking ninja

The first corrupted monk is really lame because the moveset never changes and it's just a massive single wall of health. Without knowing about snap seeds, the fight is going to take forever and mostly wear people down through boredom. It's just a lot of time to make mistakes.

Meanwhile True Monk feels like a good boss fight. 3 unique phases, moveset changes, shenanigans to keep you on your toes, tricks to make it much easier that rely on the environment rather than rare consumable items, and the bitch's posture bar actually fills before her health hits 0.

There is no "perfect parry" dumbass. You either block or you parry. You are blocking 95% of the time.

The people who say it's hard are legit casuals who pretend their good at games. Any souls fan who played a Dex build will be able to pick up this game relatively easily. You parry a lot, and you can parry almost everything in different circumstances, then you stay in close and land hits to make sure the enemies posture/poise doesn't reset. As long as you're capable of being aggressive, and can parry, the game isn't hard. I wasn't overly fond of this game but I'm thankful because it revealed that half of Yea Forums are fags who insult game journalists, but are just as skilled as them. Unironically if you found this game hard, you either aren't as good at video games as you think, or you're a casual.

Another Ninja who is sekiro's father and is proud of him for kicking his ass after he wins.

>he didnt play with demon seed
Owl one shots you with it

There is perfect parry's.
There is a Block, There is a parry and then there is a perfect parry.
Blocking makes a small spark takes large posture damage and you get whatever status ailment built up on you if the enemy has it on their weapon. Parrying makes a bigger spark and takes less posture damage and less status build. Perfect parrying makes a huge spark and you take negligible posture damage while also not taking any status build up.
Those none of that blocking and parrying will stop the damage you take from certain boss attacks that ignore it. The multiple quick slashes of the samurai minibosses or virtually any attack from the Sword saint or any headless attack.

>Try to beat Lady Butterfly for nearly a full day before giving up
>Try again next day
>beat her first try

This has happened a lot for me in Sekiro. Sometimes I don't even need the break, I'll just suddenly manage to beat the guy who killed me a dozen times before without taking a single hit.

The game has a huge thing about stagnation.
I'm guessing you just needed a break.

People who claim this is impossibly hard are the same people who play this like a Dark souls game.

For the ape, firecrackers help on first phase but aren't super necessary. Also, run behind him when you do because he will try to fall on you sometimes. When he runs away and then stares you down, watch for the grapple marker to appear for some easy his. He always throws shit after a fart so when he farts, stay on him and run circles around him while he sits as it makes it much easier to dodge the shit and then follow up with some hits. If he stands up while running towards you, fucking run away because he's going to dive and grab you.

For second phase, stay at mid range because it makes judging his hitboxes much easier. When he jumps in the air, he's going to sweep when he lands so jump it. He usually followed up with a drop slash. Parry that and he'll fall and open himself to a bunch of hits. Just make sure you get out before too long because he's going to scream afterwards. For the rest of his shit, a few parries will trigger the falling slash which again, less to an easy parry and a bunch of free hits, followed by a terror scream.

Ape might be one of the easiest fights in the game once you learn his patterns and the best places to be. Keep at him and you can do it.

The same people who play DMC3-5 on easy Automatic and still fail to finish it.
Essentially people who don't want to put effort in anything they do.

Snap seeds work on him? What do they even do?

Sekiro offers you more tools and so seems easier but demon of hatred and SSI are as hard as any souls bosses

They remove his second phase clones. Which a quick aerial stealth kill during the clone summons trivializes that phase entirely.

They are the only bosses designed as such.

what do i grind for scrap iron?

I found it easy because it's basically MGR and I'm not new to action games.

>Souls games
you MIGHT die if you don't understand core mechanics (rolling, shields, etc) but you can muddle through it otherwise
>Sekiro
you WILL die AND be unable to kill anything if you don't understand core mechanics (deflect/parry, posture, etc)

people who find it brutally hard/bullshit just don't get the mechanics, people who find it easy understand em.

Attached: 1337620141975.png (840x708, 234K)

It's hard. Not the hardest game ever, but hard.

If you have to dash toward him first, then you're not at the right distance to begin with. The game is also pretty fucking generous with how far you can be from them which tells me you're staying WAY too far away from. The counter has a range of like, 6 feet. Sounds to me like you're standing at 15.

No
There is no perfect parry. You either deflected or blocked.

Incorrect.

also Sekiro is a lot easier once you understand the mechanics, forgot to mention that. If you can shred posture you can kill anything super fast.

Stop lying

Who the fuck thought making other upgrades necessary for a tool was a good idea?

Attached: 1539275815352.png (643x649, 191K)

Me

play it and decide for yourself faggot

I'm not user, I've played through MGR on max difficulty, DMC3,4,5, Bayo 1 and 2 and every ninja gaiden save 3 including the sigmas. Posture bars and parries are nothing new and pretty much just zandatsus that end in a obliteration technique. It's really nothing mind blowing at all.

Attached: 1414647905287.png (473x489, 469K)

Path of Hardship only enables chip damage on block.
If what you said is true, you wouldn't take damage on "parries".

There is only deflect and block.

Thanks

Incorrect.

Sure guy
Also dmc and plat games arent hard so who cares?

even when you git gud it's still harder than souls games

Demon isn't hard, just incredibly tedious and boring. His health and posture is the spongiest of sponge and his attacks doesn't give you much options like deflecting due to stupid burn. Umbrella is also limited in use

Sword Saint is stupid easy once you figure him out. Took me around 4 tries in NG+ despite repeated attempts of fighting him for an hour in NG

The people who find it hard just haven't learned to play the game completely right yet. If you haven't learned that then it will be harder than Souls, but if you learn that quickly then it'll be much easier than souls.
I also think it depends on what games you play. If you're an action game fan and like Devil May Cry, MGR, Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden or Fighting games then you're going to be having an easy time. If you like slower paced RPGs or stuff like that then it will be hard.
People saying that it's easy aren't trying to flex on you, they genuinely found it easy, and people saying it's hard just haven't really gotten completely used to playing the game yet.

Not that user even though you're still gonna call me a samefag, but if you honestly believe most people aren't flexing when they say it was easy then you might as well apply for retard bucks, gubment will surely give them to you.
Just look at responses like
>if you can't put your shit together and deal with the challenges this game gives you it says alot about what a person you are in real life
There literally are retards who act like being good at a video game amounts to anything at all. Those same retards get a kick out of beating a hard game (this in itself not being something bad, BUT) and then act all smug like it was easy to get an even bigger kick out of it. They're practically inflating their e-pen.

Now you're the one that's lying. It's a straight up fact that morons around here never play those games at the hardest level. Show me you're NSIC run user.

>video games dont matter argument
Okay fuck off, not even related to the topic at hand. Get out of here my man

Believe the half that aren't inflating how good it is just like they did with Dark Souls 3 in the hopes that Bloodborne can finally be dethroned.

>No stamina
>Stealth attacks
>Refillable potion
>Easy escapes through grappling hooks to reset any fight and even most mini bosses (allowing you totally cheese them)
>fuck up a deflect and still be put in block

Sure sounds hard!

Game is easy as fuck and boring as fuck

Attached: 20190331190616_1.jpg (1920x1080, 157K)

Imagine being so insecure that you cannot accept people found the game easy because that would mean you just aren't that great at it

>one person being a retard must mean every single person who also feel it's easy are also retards
Retard.

No really, why should anyone care about someone bragging about games where you juggle brainless eneimies?

Nobody is going to take you seriously if you honestly think you sound convincing witht he words Gubment, and retard bucks and ironically using the word E-pen in this day and age.
And I will call you a same fag because nobody in this thread used E-pen or Flex except that same faggot who keeps doing it.
You also type the exact same.
Learn to play like everyone else and stop blaming your own stubbornness to learn on other people playing a game correctly.

I think this is why Soulsfags are one of the most insufferable fanbases around. They view their game as the highest bar ever and anything that conflicts with their self image is a lie. Its weird to watch.

Imagine being so fragile and self conscience about your own abilities, or lack thereof, that you deflect to an arguement about how nothing matters in life.

Does leveling get slower the more points you have used? because it certainly feels like it does

So you have no idea what you're talking about and have never played action games on the hard difficulty. Got it.

Attached: 1362362732936.jpg (325x328, 25K)

Throw shurikens at them, they die in one hit.

>Sekiro comes out
>faggots who've championed Bloodborne and Dark Souls for years and years as masterpieces suddenly go: "Yeah Bloodborne and Souls are good enough games, but Sekiro is a REAL masterpiece"
2 years from now
>"Yeah Sekiro was good enough, but (new Fromsoft game) is a REAL masterpiece"
>mfw

Attached: 1522755808490.gif (446x412, 2.74M)

I'm so impressed with pressing launcher and juggling a brainless enemy till it dies.
Sooo stylish and cuhrayzee amirite? Woohoo pizzaman

>Bloodborne can finally be dethroned
Bloodborne isn't the hardest in the Soulborne Series.
That would still be DS1.

No. A red spark means you parried. A tiny yellow spark means you blocked. There is no in between and you're an idiot.

You really need to come up with better bait user.

Attached: 1349757476852.jpg (425x415, 59K)

Watch this, hope it helps:
youtube.com/watch?v=zT35HWy_qvQ

Not that user but DMC games on it's multiple hard difficulties allows you to juggle enemies due to inflated health bars. That is not include Heaven and hell mode where everything dies in a single hit including yourself.

It's fucking annoying. The hardcore soulsfag just cannot, cannot at all, accept that some people find things easier than them. It's like their entire world comes crashing down when they realize that their "soulsborne veteran REAL gamer" badge of honor doesn't actually mean anything

why is kuro so cute?

After killing the white snake, I fell of from the bridge and missed the item. Is there a way to go back there?

>20 obvious things you could easily figure out yourself and you should be ashamed if you didn't already know most of them.

Attached: 1542537463809.gif (420x420, 1.61M)

>b...bait
Cuhrayzee fags everyone

As far as I know, no. Same thing happened to me and I tried exploring everything in and around that area and I couldn't find a way.

Honestly, I never cared about these games being hard or not. All I care about is fun.

I'm having a hard time with mission 8 in dmc5 on dmd, and it's not fun at all. Bayo on NSIC is fun. Bayo also becomes much easier once you learn dodge offset. Sekiro is fun, and it gets easier when you stop playing it like Souls.

Who cares if the games are hard?

What part are you struggling on in mission 8?

Fucking lame. Do you know what's the nearest warp point?

Its the same effect with halofags, they hold a reasonably middleground game as the highest standard. So nothing can be better, just under or on par, halo has to be the greatest thing of all time or bust.

It's the first souls game with mechanics other than attack, sprint, dodge, block and parry, so of course people are praise it

The fact that it has vertical movement, jumping as a combat mechanic, working stealth and skill trees etc already make it stand out so much better than the boring souls format we've seen before.
Bloodborne was a step in to the right direction, but Sekiro really nails it

You can skip 2 of the big fights on mission 8 by using triple jumps + gerbera to jump across the pits

The warp point in Riven Valley I think it's called, the warp point right before the Big Centipede Giraffe retard mini-boss or the warp point right before you can jump and kill the white snake.

Yeah user anyone who says dmc enemies are just sandbags on the highest difficulty hasn't played it. In fact they specifically have mechanics to make them not sandbags. That goes doubly so for bayo, sorry spouting memes didn't get you the reaction you wanted.

The behemoth.

>Souls format suddenly boring
Pottery.

BELIEVE THE POWERBOMBS, BROTHER
youtu.be/pSbI04ELTYA

Thanks, I'll try it.

Ok thx

I mean the mechanics, not the games themselves,

When you sleep your brain learns

>I've even seen people run past the flame barrel, despite From putting an obvious-as-fuck prompt in the fire you can see no matter where you are.
tfw i realized that i missed the flame barrel

Attached: 55EB57CF-A2ED-4862-8FD0-7F80D0635EF8.gif (480x480, 669K)

DMC doesn't have difficulty.
The difficulty comes from forcing players to get S rankings via collectathons, time trials and stylish meter.

Not the enemies.

The more points you have earned*, yes.

You don't cheese then you get one stealth and if you run away it resets

I recommend Rag-time for its breakage, Overture if you're confident, Punchline if you're not and Buster in case.
Once it breaks free from the chains holding it and it starts charging everywhere try staying in the air more. Ideally, you don't want to be on the ground. Punchline is good since you can get more damage while shooting it with charge shots. You do have triple jump right? Get used to JC'ing Calibur, this allows you to get some powerful attacks in whenever you can see you have a chance, but still keep you in the air.
If you are good at noticing when you can buster the Behemoth it might be smart to take a Buster Breaker with you since the breakage Buster from the Breaker deals a lot more damage than regular Devil bringer busters.
Overall, it's a matter of using your aerial attacks like Calibur and Payline, but making sure you JC them, getting fully charged charge shots in whenever you can and using breakers smartly.

So I just got into Ashina Depths and the Abandoned Dungeon and the first thing I fight are Snakeeyes. Did I do something wrong ?

I totally missed the flame barrel until that one vendor, who I also found way later while backtracking through the area, mentioned it

>S ranks via collectathons and time trials
You didn't play DMC5 huh.

well that sucks,
It's gonna be insufferable as fuck trying to grind 4-7 points for all those special attack skills

Because you're a gay pedophile and you deserve to be in jail for being a degenerate pile of garbage.

Notice how i said DMC and not DMC5

>requirements for S-ranks differ from game to game
>still acts like it's the same in every one of them

>find havel ring
>find any heavy armor
>level end
>completely annihilate any difficulty except for a few bosses

The special Mushin arts are fucking trash-tier and either way just move on to NG+, you get way more EXP there.

>dmc doesn't have difficulty except for these things it builds difficulty upon.
>Laughing riots and furies.jpg
Whoa crazy..how'd you figure that out.

Half of Yea Forums are soulsfags who found Blunderborne or Dark Snores hard and couldn't adjust to an easy action game. The other half grew up playing actual action games and quickly saw through Sekiro's gimmick.

4 out of 6 games have the same requirements.

When the game clicks and you learn to deflect like a god it goes from dogshit hard to punishing but fair.

>fuck up a deflect and still be put in block
It depends on how you fucked up. If you're too early, then yes, you get a block. If you're too late, not only do you eat the hit but you also stagger and get a shitty version of block that locks you in place and takes so long to come out that the enemy can punish you well before the blocking frames activate, making it useless. That's why going for deflects comes with risk.

If it was a bit easier it would be a better game. Now you have to do some fights like 30 times over. Butterfly woman comes to mind. You spend so much time that when its over you forgot why you went there in the first place.

How do you die to her 30 times? I only died to her 4 times and she was my first boss so I had no idea what I was doing.

do you have a pc or a console

Just installed it and played what seems like "the prologue".

Can anybody explain me how the different "endings" work ? spoiler free please.

Im not a fan of running a game more than once so i ll try to do a 100% run or w/e the first if possible , would like to get some clarification on how it works.

Thanks and all that

>collectathons
Wut
>Time trials
If by that, you mean clearing a mission quickly, sure, but part of that comes with being able to quickly beat enemies, which requires knowledge of your tools, knowledge it enemy tells and patterns, and execution to dispatch them quickly
>Stylish meter
Again, have to know the same things as before to keep combat flowing in your favor to get the stylish rank to actually increase.

tldr: you clearly haven't played the game and have no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Dropped Sekiro after being taking 2 hours to kill the 3rd mini-boss.
I killed Headless got a shitty buff item, little to no Exp and Sen and I quickly realized what kind of game it was. I'm not going to force myself to keep playing If every miniboss is going to take 45+minutes of perfect play to defeat.

Look I understand the challenge. I understand the appeal. But it just isn't for me. Besides I need to finish my DMC5 platinum. Got DMD all S left.

cope

Its Dark Souls,bloodborne
all over again. Dont belive the fuckers saying its hard.

I fell for that shit, then i found out how easy those game where. I ran through them on level 1 too.

People keep saying this isn't a souls game but I've been partying since fucking ds1 through BB. I just beat the ogre at the beginning and have found it pathetically easy except for the very first mini boss. Obviously I'm still at the beginning so my opinion doesn't mean anything, just confused on why people act like BB especially wasn't built adlu d partying already.

What's the point of dodge if it's pointless though? I also don't see the point of the two different meters since when you break these poise you insta kill or get rid of a health bar anyway. Why is there a health bar? Seems impossible to just kill them thet way. Just give two red circles for parry hits or what ever they're called and that's it.

cope

Score in DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, DMC4 ia affected by Orbs collected.
Score in DmC: DMC is impacted by finding secret items.
DMC5 doesn't have this.
So 5/6 games have collectathons.

I think you should consider playing the series before blindly defending it, DMC5bab.

Built around partying already?

>seriously pretending MGR on any difficulty is as hard as Sekiro

Built around parrying*

The best hint I can give you is that you have to do everything before fighting owl. If you beat him before fulfilling the conditions then you wont be able to do the best ending. Also to avoid an early ending make sure to stay loyal to kuro.

enemy vitality affects posture recovery
less health means their posture takes longer to recover, making it easier to break
the better you are at breaking posture, the less vitality damage you need to do before a deathblow

It's balls hard until you git gud, and then it becomes a much MUCH easier game than any of the previous from soft titles.
The key is to break everyone's posture. You can even defeat some bosses in seconds without even touching their life bar.

>What's the point of dodge if it's pointless though?
it's not.
>I also don't see the point of the two different meters since when you break these poise you insta kill or get rid of a health bar anyway. Why is there a health bar? Seems impossible to just kill them thet way.
that's not how it works.
The health bar basically indicates how quickly their posture regens.
There are certain bosses where they regen way too fast and so you need to focus on their health pool first.
Then there are other bosses where your physical attacks do very little and so parrying and working on the posture works better instead.

You're basically given a choice on which bar to focus on.
You can treat a fight like a duel, where you work on the posture but if you fuck up they'll just regen.
Or you can treat it like a trickster where you use shit like fire, poison, etc to try and get their health down first.

Once you reach the top of the castle for the second time you acquire the ability to Easedrop on key characters conversations. Continue to do that to get one of the endings. One has something to do with Rice and Persimmons. I'm unclear exactly what to do about that. The other two are a yes or no answer on a boss fight you have on your second run to the op of the castle.

Ok, so then let me repeat myself in saying that getting all of those orbs comes from getting high stylish ranks so again, it goes back to being good at the combat.

I think the game is 50/50 itself. I found some of the bosses easy as hell, but others way too hard. I died to the miniboss right before Ashina 20+ times, but I got Ashina on my second try.

both my carp merchants died after giving the precious bait. what the fuck happened?

Thanks! Yeah, Rag time helped me with Furi, I'll try it on the behemoth too. Feels like Nero's defensive options are very limited compared to Dante.

>every miniboss is going to take 45+minutes of perfect play to defeat
>Look I understand the challenge
No you don't.

I just beat Owl, dunno if I can handle another difficulty spike.

Attached: 1554022230202.jpg (1024x951, 176K)

I just don't see how having two bars makes you play differently. No matter what you parry parry parry attack parry parry attack because attacking hits their posture too. You say you can choose to focus on one, but it feels like you're focusing on both no matter what you do anyway since every action affects both

Half of Yea Forums are unwilling to learn and would instead blame the game for not letting them rush in and button mash everything to death.
The other half can objectively look at the game mechanics, the challenge and what they're doing wrong and therefore correct it.

Wow.. I guess... shadows die twice.

Attached: shadows die twice.webm (1280x720, 2.65M)

The game is fairly challenging. I wouldn't say "hardest game ever" nor "lmao easy as fuck bro". I think the issue is that most people don't understand the mechanics. I was watching my friend's bf stream the game one time. He was fighting through Ashine Castle and got up to the fucking dojo before he realized that sprinting was something you could do. He also had a bunch of unused sugars in his inventory and didn't even bother to read what they did. I explained to him at one point that a Gachiin Sugar would help him stealth a certain segment better and he was astonished at how well it worked. People just don't read shit nor do they use Hanbei for practice.

you really do have to focus on one or the other in different bosses.
Basically the fat big ones generally leave themselves open for attacks and feel more like a Souls boss.
You're best off going for health because their posture takes so long to accumulate.
Then the smaller duel style bosses have much smaller windows for those kinds of attacks and will just parry riposte you, so with them it's all about posture.

I've been hearing it's hard as fuck too, just bought it and got to the first boss (guy on horse)

So far I've died twice to the ogre, once to horse guy, and twice to the spear guy at hirata estate, plus a few deaths here and there from the snake and random mobs.

Game is hard but not as hard as i've been hearing. I've heard of people stuck on the ogre and horse guy for hours

>if u haven't 100%'d sekiro by now just kys casual filth
Who else hardcore gamer here?

I just need all skills and I 100% but grinding is causing me to lose interest

Like how many of my first grade classmates exclaimed, "it's not even cold," as they stepped out into 40 degree weather

Are you fucking kidding me? They die in 1 hit from anything

Lmao you're not even 5% into the game yet. Go meet Lady Butterfly and the purple ninja at Hirata at least before you form your opinion.

Neither. It's not pathetically easy, but it's nothing impossible either, it's definitely hard but manageable, you just have to apply yourself and persevere and you'll get better and better at the game.

Keep in mind your posture recovers faster when blocking. Game wants you to keep holding block. Dodge has i-frames on it, but they are limited, you have to time it well.

Also, jump on their heads when they sweep you, it does good posture damage. Mikiri counter is incredibly useful against all thrusts, not only spears.

I think challenging is the best term I can think of for it. It seemed incredibly difficult until I got good, but even now I will run into a random enemy that gives me a good challenge.

I never said I was good or anything, just saying i've been hearing chaned ogre and horse guy are hard as fuck from many people and they're not

Be honest, how many of you cheesed him?

Attached: stBug5k.jpg (800x450, 42K)

Only the most casual of casuls would have any level of trouble out of those two. If you want an early litmus test of your skill, go find the purple ninja atop the pagoda of Hirata estate. Also Lady Butterfly is a good approximation of what the game will throw at you later.

>So far I've died twice to the ogre, once to horse guy, and twice to the spear guy at hirata estate, plus a few deaths here and there from the snake and random mobs.
Wow you suck.

I killed Pontif first try. Not everyone has the same experience there's plenty of other from soft bosses that have slapped my shit and others have breezed through them.

literally nobody says the horseguy is hard
chained ogre is just annoying

There's literally no point in the whole game where you should feel the game is hard.

Finally finished it, Dragon's Homecoming ending. Man, what a ride. Sword saint was pretty easy after Owl 2 and Demon of hatred, but still a great spectacle.

Attached: 20190331222754_1.jpg (2560x1440, 623K)

The NPC is cheesing him. Skipping that option for "muh gamer cred" is just skipping the neat surprise of that fight.

I didn't cheese him to the extent most people seemed to have. I shurikened the first 3 people to death and lured him to the samurai so me and him could two man him for both his health bars while I oiled and burned him.

But you got to understand. Your a fucking Ninja. Victory by any means necessary.

very humble brag, bro.
you're sure to make a lot of anonymous imageboard users jealous/impressed

I cheesed the first fight with him, the second one no.

I'm currently at Fountainhead Palace, found Pot Noble and completed the dragon mask. Where the fuck do I go? Also should I go around collecting lapis for the final upgrades to the tools?

They're alright but the only that really matters is the 2nd upgrade to the umbrella that block apparition-type attacks, everything else seems unneeded.

Attached: 1540763270770.jpg (606x592, 57K)

Underwater, after the carp.

Yeah, that fight you're "supposed" to have help anyway, no point in fighting him "legit" with "honor" unless you're autistic

The games certainly hard on your first playthrough. But since there's only one main approach to most boss fights once you get past unfamiliarity it's never a problem again. It's not like getting PP on UC in Bayo 2 where that shit is blood pumping whether it's your 1st playthrough or your 100th like Adventure Rebirth where I've played that games thousands of times over the years and can still fuck up my no death.

Sekiro runs out of juice at the end of your second playthrough when you one shot Isshin. I really wish bell spirit or kuro's charm returned affected difficulty and wasn't solely for influencing incoming damage, rather through larger numbers or chip damage. Else I wish there were different main weapons so you had to adjust your timing for your approaches.

Neither exist. So the initially difficulty is high while all replays will be low.

>tfw 2 ape
>brown one down
>white ape nearly dead
>die once again to combo because camera fucks my shit up in the heat of the moment

fuck the crew

Attached: 180px-Lanky.png (180x188, 45K)

If you found the game easy and beat the final boss in less than a couple of attempts you should be a fighter pilot and stop wasting your time on gaming.

Everyone who says it's easy is trolling. It's at the very least challenging.

I didnt even realize that samurai dipshit was hiding in the grasses at all since I snuck around every time, only after killing everyone and the boss the dude suddenly shows up and says some pathetic shit like "my name is hiroshima nagasaki and im here to kick ass and chew rice", and he's literally standing in the courtyard filled with corpses and talking to him fucking self. And he kept hiding and watching me fight 30 dudes alone.

Cunt samurais.

Demon of Hatred is a bad and boring boss who feels out of place. I wouldn't be surprised to learn he was cut DS3 content, or that the area he was originally supposed to be the boss of was cut. He has no intro cutscene, no new arena, and no lore explanation. He's also the only boss with an unexplained teleportation to the fight.

Other than that, I really enjoyed Sekiro and am excited to see how From next deviates from the Souls format.

The final boss is actually really hard. Fuck everybody claiming this game is easy once you learn the mechanics, this game can be legitimately challenging even when you do learn how it wants you to play.

>focus in on one nuance of anons argument
Pottery.

just skip this game, it's boring as fuck.
easy,hard, nothign matters, the gameplay is bad, the story is bad, it's a tryhard game.
>muh L1 dancing
>muh deflect
zzzzz

youtube.com/watch?v=Ccacj8YGByw

Attached: 1488345185641.png (354x286, 29K)

It's not anywhere near as hard as people say, you just have to be prepared to leave a boss at the point you find it and come back later after getting more upgrades etc

On a fundamental level, it is easier than Souls, better combat/controls/performance make a world of difference. Same shit when Nioh came out.

Also you can use the spear on him during his second phase when he's flat on the ground to do huge damage
Haven't done it myself, but apparently it's definitely worth doing

It's difficult in a different way. Every boss can be beaten pretty quickly once you learn their patterns and the mechanics. Souls is a marathon, Sekiro is a sprint.

Souls is press O to avoid damage, Sekiro is press O or L1 or X or L1+O depending on what happens. Sekiro is fundamentally much harder than Souls

You sound like those retards who describe RE4 as "just spam headshots bro"

youtube.com/watch?v=QDA4kwAfxME

Attached: emma.jpg (800x1132, 473K)

>Who am I supposed to believe?
Yourself.

The people who says it is "pathetically easy" are lying faggots, the people who says it is hard are casuals. It is a mix really, most of the game is fine but there are spikes, but some of the bosses a pretty hard. Isshin the sword saint is pretty hard. The ministry ninjas are kinda hard. The second time you fight Geneshiro is kinda hard. For me it kinda clicked.

SS Isshin isn't even as hard as old man Isshin. You'd have to be literally brain damaged to get hit in his first and last phase. Which means the only phase you have to learn is the second one.

>I have a friend who plays nothing but monhun and dmc breeze through the game in less than a week
It'd be dumb for a person like that to say certain things a majority of people know as hard are actually easy, which is what Yea Forums does. It's not "this is easy for me", it's "this should be easy for everyone".

It's like a guy with a 6 year in Physics and a job at SpaceX expecting everyone to know every major equation concerning quantum field theory by heart already. Pure 'tism.

>Same shit when Nioh came out.
Nioh is relatively harder than souls because they give you less wiggle room for fuckups and the bosses are mean spirited one shot creatures in the abyss. It's realistically easier because with enough time and autism you can fuck up every later abyss boss double matches without breaking a sweat

>"Ease of success in video games doesn't actually determine your real world value as a person"
>SO YOU'RE DEFLECTING TO AN ARGUMENT ABOUT HOW NOTHING MATTERS IN LIFE NOW?

>Kept holding the kid's arm
Oof, nice way to give the lad a dislocation along with whatever concussion doggo dished out.

>This game isn't a case of git gud.
>It's a case of learn how to play the game you lazy piece of shit.
Those literally mean the same fucking thing.

what the fuck kind of "miniboss" was this even

you air deathblow him then r1 mash the second

If you find Sekiro easy then your experience with the game is worse than someone who worked hard to beat the game. You'll never know what actual satisfaction is. Determined plebs are the real winners.

>One has something to do with Rice and Persimmons. I'm unclear exactly what to do about that.
Basically, don't hold on to the rice. Use it as often as you can and get more. Also, give some to the nice crazy lady who says things that don't make sense, and figure it out from there

clips.twitch.tv/NastyArtsyPepperoniBIRB
Nah I'll be fine with what I got.

So I just styled on Genichiro, phase 3 in particular was a joke. Is he actually hard or are people just bad at this game?

>some virus link
No thanks.

People are just bad at this game. Genichiro himself is an idiot and he actually gets easier in his final form. Easier second form is a recurring theme in this game for half of the bosses.

Should I kill Hanbei the undying?

Attached: 1485996795476.jpg (562x389, 66K)

He's good for distracting the fatty while you take turns aggroing him so he never actually lands any hits on you

The real joke is that there are so many people who legitimately think like you're pretending that I never know if somebody is shitposting or not on this website anymore.

phase 3 is pretty random

He wanted death, so I gave it to him, although I felt kinda bad afterwards cus he just kneels and accepts his death. I wish he gave one last fight as some kind of secret miniboss.

Yes.
Finish his torment.

>Easier second form is a recurring theme in this game for half of the bosses
mada mada sure fucking fooled me on that one, but I see your point, Lightning Reversal is absurd. Hell after I hit him with the first one I actually said aloud "I'm not gonna fight you, I'm gonna kick your ass" and from that point on I was mentally invincible.

Anyone saying its easy is lieing

Jokes aside, if you're not a salty faggot like that, then it actually is satisfying to preserve. People who don't breeze through things and can appreciate being challenged have the most fun.

>gets easier in his final form
How so? The first two parts of his fight are just as formulaic as the final form, but they also give you room to breath if you fuck up and need to heal. It seemed like if I needed to heal in the final form then I was SOL. Also, pressing R1 in the air did not send back the electricity 6 out of the 7 times that I tried...

Honestly though that fight was making me wonder if I had major input lag. I'm playing on PS4 Pro and had HDR on. I didn't beat the game until I turned HDR off and I had times in the fight where it seemed like my attack came out literally seconds after pressing R1. Anyone else have any input lag issues on PS4 Pro?

If I missed a chance to eavesdrop on Emma and Sculptor will I get another opportunity

>How so?
>loses 4 moves
>Loses 3 bow moves
>his deflect response is slower
>he uses more variations for his overhead more often but will now thrust after you deflect the normal attack or the end of his long combo for even MORE posture damage
>doesn't require AI manipulation to even move towards him when he jumps back now
>his lightning literally kills himself on you

Also you're probably suffering input lag because you're not the first place I've read about playing on console but getting shocked despite spamming R1

Unlike regular souls games, going through levels can be pathetically easy, but the bosses punish you for cheesing. I think the problem idiots are having is that the difficulty does NOT come from RNG. That means the game is indeed hard, but the more you learn, the easier you will make the game. Once upon a time we cried for the end of artificial difficulty. This game does just that and instead of being praised, gets blasted by these idiots that don't know any better. I hope no one calling the game easy are in their late 20's or older and grew up playing games. If so then you have become as pathetic as the normalfags that you loathe so much...

As long as you don't acquire the tears from fountainhead eavesdropping at the END of that questline is guaranteed. She outright won't leave until you kill that thing.

If she's not there you haven't started the quest properly by eavesdropping on kuro.

>no coop and summons to cheese the game and get carried

Yep, Yea Forums can't play it.

Attached: 1549807621045.png (372x372, 138K)

>45 minutes to beat a boss
lol wtf

Wow beating this game without co-op and summons to cheese the game sure was hard. I sure hope those difficulty options aren't just for show and actually do anything but increase damage on enemies who can't hit me.

Attached: O6eOxLc.jpg (1920x1080, 509K)

>virgin neet tryhard has time to play 24/7

>loses a bunch of moves that gives you time to hold L1 for a complete restoration of posture
Those moves are the reason I beat him with 0 damage in his first 2 forms...

>probably suffering input lag
Now I'm wondering if there is correlation between finding the game difficult and having input lag. Maybe that is the reason we all can't understand each other when talking about the difficulty.

I've already agreed with her on Kuro so it's begun, just need to get all the other points out of the way.

See the exact same image in every thread.

Fuck this SJW cringefest

So any tips with the Demon of Hatred? I actually found most bosses like Lady Butterfly, Guardian Ape/Monkey trouble X2, Corrupted Monk, Gen, Owl and the likes decently normal and not super challenging They were the fair in my opinion but god damn is this boss the first time i felt actually really challenged

Attached: 1430015874440.jpg (420x396, 75K)

>Shura ending Isshin becomes a firebender
whoever told me SS Isshin was the hardest boss is an asshole

Attached: file.png (719x713, 587K)

>>>/facebook/ with your no effort buzzword-riddled retardation, take this (you) and fuck off

>try hard
>singleplayer game
>that takes 2is hours a run after NG
>Sasuga shitter

Don't know what to say. Have a new one.

Attached: sLO7XCt.jpg (1920x1080, 353K)

Old Isshin is far harder despite being relatively easier to posture break. Mostly because you can't fuck his AI at all. He'll use all of his moves and there's nothing you can do about it.

>Suzaku shield blocks nearly everything
>Malcontent whistle stuns him for a good 5 seconds
>Shurikens to last hit him just in case
That's about all useful prosthetics on this fight. You should try to deflect his stomps and headbutt, when he runs away from you DO NOT run back at him or you'll eat his fireball, let him come closer and do the easily dodgeable arm flail, and ALWAYS grapple on him whenever possible for free hits. Good luck user, I'm about to attempt him on NG+ with bell and path of hardships

Lotus Umbrella his slam. Stay below him always. Jump to the left as soon as a Kanji shows up.

Sekiro is unironically drawing out the more skilled souls players from the ones that rely on cheesing or aren't as good in general. Even in Sekiro, there are many cheap tactics (sneak attack for free meter, double ichi, firecracker spam, distanced shadowrush spam) that'll allow you to make the bosses easier, but they still take some degree of skill to pull off. There is also absolutely no getting around learning to parry. Add that to the no summons thing and you can see why people are saying it's too hard.

let me know when they make this mod
>boss rush, 10 gourds
>general, shinobi hunter, ogre, emblem refill
>seven spears, loneshadow, ashina elite, emblem refill
>jyuzou the drunkard, lady butterfly, genichiro, emblem and gourd refill
>armored warrior, headless, shichimen warrior, emblem refill
>ape 1, ape 2, emblem and gourd refill
>o'rin, monk 1, owl, emblem and gourd refill
>monk 2, sakura bull, divine dragon, emblem and gourd refill
>emma, isshin, demon of hatred, emblem and gourd refill
>owl 2, sword saint

Beat him. Biggest problem I had was the fire swipe attack with the red kanji. I though I was supposed to jump over it the whole time but it hit me every time and killed me from like 75% health. I had plenty of experience against regular Isshin but it was that fire attack that fucked me the most

>for a complete restoration of posture
If you deflect his left right two hit you can fully restore your posture when he's doing his combo. The moves he loses are his ones that actually have a chance of ever hitting you.

Though I guess it's hard to show the example without running all the way to Genichiro and I can't stomach the thought of spending the time to do that.

セックスをする

fucking this, the sr is already down to sub 1h30m for shura and if you aren't fucking braindead you can pull it off. this is not a long game by any means

what does the bell and path of hardship do exactly?

bell says it makes item drops more frequently but supposedly makes the game harder, I've noticed certain enemies more aggressive, for example, archers fire arrows more frequently.
But what about hardship? Someone told me it just makes it so that you take damage when you block, so you're forced to parry instead, is that it?

Attached: GkerWsK.jpg (500x375, 32K)

>The moves he loses are his ones that actually have a chance of ever hitting you.
I guess this comes down to a difference in opinion. The moves he loses are the moves that never gave me any trouble. Honestly the two moves out of his entire fight that were of real risk were the electric attacks (input lag as previously discovered) and his grab attack in his final form. Hell, I probably need to relearn how you are supposed to deal with grab attacks since that seems to be something that tends to kill me.

What's the hardest run through for this game?

More aggressive enemies, more HP/Posture/Damage for enemies.
Hardships makes you take chip damage when you block. Deflect or bust.

Kuro's Charm increases XP gain and Sen gain but not item droprate. Increases enemy health and posture, and makes you take chip damage from blocking.
Bell Demon increases enemy HP and posture and item droprate.

The ones who actually played the game.

I'm really tired of this hard on that miyazaki has developed for surprise health bars.
I don't mind just having multiple bars that you can see, but it feels like a trick to get you to manage your gourds incorrectly

half of v has good reflexes, the other half is disabled

did you try the box next to invincible guy?

>This game isn't a case of git gud
>It's a case of learn how to play the game

Attached: 14D5F9EA-99D9-49FF-A240-47E185C38EF2.jpg (921x640, 100K)

so you didn't actually play it?