So is it a day 1 buy or a day 1 buy?

So is it a day 1 buy or a day 1 buy?

Attached: dims.jpg (1920x1080, 99K)

I still don't understand how that is possibly going to run VRchat.

>weaker than a 2 year old mobile phone
Wait for Valves new VR headset instead.

Just get a PSVR

Oh it'll easily run it
At 480p

Will the index be completely stand-alone though?

Need to build a new PC first. Not just VR, but in general.

Quest is garbage.
>battery powered wireless VR

yeah nah. The Rift S is what I really wanted but they made that worse than the regular rift in ways that matter. Looking forward to the next vive.

get the Valve Index headset.
It's Modular, you can upgrade it rather than having to buy a whole new thing when better shit comes out

Source: my ass

I honestly don't see the justification for the $400 price. The Playstation VR is the same thing. I don't get it.

Nice graphics

Attached: 75wo9k4f8po21.jpg (960x1080, 164K)

>graphics>gameplay
Big yikes

Attached: 1512708322164.jpg (876x579, 62K)

It is the same games, so graphics+gameplay > gameplay. However, since you brought it up, the Quest and S have downgraded tracking compared to the Rift and Vive, which directly affects gameplay. You do get get to avoid a one time ten minute setup through, so I'm sure that is an acceptable sacrifice for your $400 device.

vrchat

>downgraded tracking compared to the Rift and Vive

no, is pretty much equivalent

>he doesn't like good art

>he plays art
What's your score on The Mona Lisa?

It is almost as good as long as you stick to the areas where it was designed to work. Having faster tracking in front of you or anywhere else in the room is objectively superior. The only reason inside-out is being used is because people will spend $400 on a HMD, but are too lazy to spend ten minutes to make the most of it. Under the assumption that Valve will keep using lighthouses, their headset will be the only one that is actually a full upgrade over the Rift and Vive rather than a step to the side.

Cmon man this is just embarrassing. You are damage controlling on graphics from 1998

You do realize Minecraft has 1990 graphics but became popular because it was fun, right?
Fuck off numale

>new vr headsets are weaker than current ones

What the fuck man it’s like they want vr to die.

They're too stupid to realize the issue is lack of killer apps rather than price.

Personally I'm getting the Rift S. Its fits more with what I want in a VR headset. I'd wait to see whats up with the Valve Index, but even if it has inside-out tracking as an option in case you don't want to use the lighthouses, it seems it would only use the two cameras, which is shit. The 5 camera's on the Rift S are a major step in the right direction for inside-out tracking. All thats left is putting a camera or two somewhere on the back of the headset strap to get back tracking working properly.