“People pick Xbox because we have the biggest franchises, the biggest exclusives, whether you are a fan of Halo...

>“People pick Xbox because we have the biggest franchises, the biggest exclusives, whether you are a fan of Halo, or Gears of War, or Forza,” Greenberg said during Microsoft’s Gamescom panel yesterday. “This Holiday, personally, I’m really excited, [because] Xbox One will be the only console where you will be able to play Forza 7, Cuphead, and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, which we are super excited about. Also timed with the Xbox One X launch we have Super Lucky’s Tale coming, that’s exclusive. But it doesn’t stop there, because into the Spring, we have Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3. So we’re basically non stop hitting our fans with more and more exclusive titles, so there will be tons of great games to play.”

What went wrong?

Attached: portada-aaron_a9y4.jpg (1280x720, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0r30UuH_5mE
pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/soapbox_sonys_server_shutdown_strategy_is_making_the_publisher_a_laughing_stock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Exclusives. I guess?

Double A exclusives rather than Triple A. They are going to probably have a better lineup moving forward.

They fucked up early gen but as of right now I'm more sold on their outlook going forward that I am Sony's for sure if I had to pick. I'm legit considering going xbox next gen.

Reminder that pc is irrelevant. It's exclusive if only on that console.

The box of the multiplats

>The Mbox
>Multibox

I love the Bone X but let's stop pretending it has any must have games this is emberassing.

Microsoft didn’t see the benefit in buying companies and thought they could contract out like all other departments. Soon realized that if given a blank check, game devs will spend it all on frivolous bullshit. See Kojima.
They are taking a standard approach with Gen 9. Purchase companies, control all aspects of development.

They are pushing more AA in the future tho. They want quantity over quality as long as they get games that score 7.5+.
People can justify playing a rough game if they only pay 10 dollars per month.

Microshit been buying studios and fucking up the games since the x360. Goddamn do I hate this company and it's shills

Pajeets are the worst among all men of our world in the corporate yes men syndrome.
Mister Goldberg, lol, and his tribesmen that are in leading positions in microshit xbox department are detached from reality to much and their army of pajeet yesmen never challenge their retarded decisions and never bring forth new fresh ideas.

Irony is that the next xbox would do better if microshit hired a clueless random peasant from some village in Kazakhstan instead of their entire board of of directors.
A zoomer ideas guy that grew up with xbox 360 playing halo would aso probably lead the xbox department better.

Microsoft is by far the most consumer friendly of all their competitors right now. Even resetera hates sonys guts just go on the first page there and read through the driveclub server shutdown threads. Resetera was almost exclusively a Sony general forum this whole gen.

>Suddenly remember crackdown 3 after reading this
>I wonder when it comes out
>Wait it's already out what the fuck why didn't Yea Forums talk about it
>Mfw reading the scores
What the hell did they do?

make crackdown 1 again

>consumer friendly
Do you know how I know you're a paid shill?

I didn't got the PS4 because it had online play behind a paywall. You cannot imagine the contempt that grew on me against Microshit and it's Xbots because of it. I might not even get the PS5 because of it. Fucking Microsoft. I hate this company so fucking much

wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=0r30UuH_5mE

>At some point Sony is going to shut down the Bloodborne servers and both Yea Forums and Era will completely melt down

Attached: 1526837799118.png (474x720, 296K)

I'm a paid shill because I own a ps4 and haven't owned an xbox since 360? Well damn. Sorry for speaking the facts retard. Sony are scummy as fuck even moreso than Microsoft. Not only did they adopt paid online they price hiked it globally and then they cut down the 6 free games to 2 free games. Even worse you don't even get to keep them when the subscription expires. At least Microsoft allows you to keep the 360 and OG xbox free games and still gives them away unlike Sony who abandoned PS+ for ps3. Now they're even shutting down servers for games which came out THIS gen like drive club or GR2. That's not even going into the technical problems with PS+ like I only get half the download speed of what I should be getting meanwhile on steam I get my full ISP provided speeds. Fuck off with blaming every other company for Sony being scummy, anti consumer and incompetent.

Who buys a fucking console for cuphead? You can play that on a Facebook machine. Also doesn't PUBG run so bad on XBone that it's basically unplayable?

>Sony became Microshit
Of course!

>be Microshit
>try to fuck over the PC with Games for Windows Live
>PC gamers give them the middle finger
>make xbox360
>online play behind paywall
>xbots eat it up
>overzealot xbot drones hordes defend their shitty paywall
>get ridicule online
>microshit hikes the price
>still defend it

It was only a matter of time. This is all Microshit and xbots fault. I hope Microshaft hikes their subscription price even higher next gen

Attached: 6A6819777DD9436894453872516B2BA1.jpg (1125x1117, 1022K)

Did you not see all the hype about cuphead coming to switch? People want to play it and will buy these gaming console to play it despite their laptop being able to play it just fine.

Switch is different because it's a portable. You don't get anything out of playing it on a regular console. Being a low spec indie game, you don't have to invest in a decent PC either like you do for most other multiplats.

>be Sony
>adopt paid online despite not having to (greedy kike)
>price hike it so it's more expensive than competitors
>down time and info hacks
>have to pay for it to even download updates in rest mode
>cuts 6 free games to 2 games and you cant even keep them
>turns off servers for exclusives which came out this gen
>censorship policies
>says no wants wants to play old games (confirming ps5 will never get back compat)
>proceeds to release remaster of old games like uncharted collection, tlou remastered etc
>has such slow servers my phone can download faster at peak speed
>bans cross-play with other platforms because of childish greed
>even Microsoft and Nintendo support it now
>throwback to FIVE HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE
>started off this cloud gaming cancer which will ruin the whole industry
>shuts down more studios since 2005 than Microsoft has shut down in xbox history
>Sony cucks like you still defend it and blame everyone else

You're selling me more and more on xbox the more you post because it reminds me of how shitty Sony is.

Attached: 1534349349059.png (1778x677, 154K)

>Xbox One will be the only console where you will be able to play Cuphead

That didn't age well

Microsoft would be doing every shitty thing Sony is doing if they were the leader this gen.
Mandatory paid online was a Microsoft thing when 360 was king. Free games was a Sony thing when the PS3 was failing. The tables have only turned because the PS4 is succeeding and the Xbone is floundering.

lvl 99 bluff

Competition is good for consumers bbbbut Microsoft must die

they should have given away free xbox live subscriptions but i guess the live cash was just too much

Did this guy really say all that straight face? Did the journalist really listened to all that with a straight face?

This reads like a parody quote rather than a real one.

Difference is Sony have proven they're scummy shits for 2 gen in a row now with the ps3 and now with the ps4. Aside from online sub on xbox it was consumer friendly from what I remember. I can even get official drivers for my 360 controller I bought nearly 10 years ago for PC but Sony doesn't release drivers for even modern ps4 controller on PC. If I didn't get a cheap deal on ps4 I wouldn't even own one.

Yes, I agree. If Microsoft bailed out, Sony would have no reason not to keep amping up the anticonsumer bullshit.

You can get it for free by using bing browser a few searches a day or something. Some people I've seen have 1 year xbox live and 1 year gamepass for free just from using that.

>mad at sony for becoming microsoft
>defends the company who is responsible for it all

Xbots cannot into reason but this is beyond retarded. Sony gave years dedicated servers to it's 1st party games FOR FREE, ask those who remember KZ2 but what do they got in return? Faggot GeoHotz and malicious PSN cracking. Good boy Sony gave us nice shit and got a black eye in return. Microshit charged for an inferior p2p online play for their 1st party and even fucking Halo had p2p but Xbots defend it all and even had the audacity to claim it p2p was siperior to dedicated servers. Now Microshit fucked them even harder this gen with POWAH OF DA CLOUDZ and like the corporate slaves xbots are they ate it all. I hate Microshit and the xbots with a passion

Sony's base is in Cali now. They're just Microsoft with a different flavor. Even if one of theme is gone the other will act the same.

He's a Jew, user. Lying is like water off a duck's back.

>waaaaaaaa based Sony they can do no wrong but let me just conveniently forget what is happening in actual 2019 and keep focusing on 2007

Cope.

The absolute state of this post. Does saying I'm buying a Xbox Two and Halo: Infinite trigger you? I agree with the other user. Sony are shit and the whole internet is realizing it. Even PS fan sites.

pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/soapbox_sonys_server_shutdown_strategy_is_making_the_publisher_a_laughing_stock

I'm just triggered by retards. When Microshit did all the shady shit it did with the x360 the subhuman xbot gave no fucks but now it's suddently a problem. Blame Microshit and the retarded xbot for shape of console gaming today. They were the ones who said it was acceptable to fuck over gamers and even paid for it. Microshit wasn't a laughing stock when the X360 had RROD, eating it's own disks, paywall for p2p, no exclusive games, timed exclusivity and all the shady shit they did. I hope the faggots who paid for it get fucked even harder next gen.

Attached: KEK.jpg (1050x583, 68K)

>nice guy sony

nigga what? do you even know the real story behind the ps3 and why it was so shit? mark cerny, the guy who designed the ps3 and ps4, admitted in an interview that sony purposefully bumped 3rd party development libraries because they wanted the 1st party games to look the best. that's why ps3 multiplats were inferior to xbox 360 versions throughout most of the generation e.g. gta 4 was like 540p on ps3 but 720p on xbox 360. all those people who paid $600 for a ps3 got fucked over by sony because of that. there is no nice guy sony.

purposefully gimped*

>xbox

Is this what being a brand loyalist means? Don't you guys have any self awareness that you're just picking which cock to be fucked with?

Unfortunately for you Microsoft is going big next gen and has invested over 1bn dollars into first party games. That's one of the reasons I'm abandoning Sony for next gen. I'm sick and tired of this cinematic garbage. I'm playing Sekiro right now which is an amazing game but I saw a thread about Ghosts of Tsushima and I went back to watch the gameplay trailer and I forgot how fucking terrible Sony first party games are now. It's trying to be a Japanese game in the same genre as Sekiro but if you watch the trailer it's more like a fucking interactive movie. I'm willing to bet Microsoft will be very competitive next gen.

I have a PC, PS4pro and a Switch.
There is absolutely no reason to get an Xbone and there probably never will be.
With Sony probably doing this shit with next gen I’ll probably only stick with PC and Switch.

Attached: 30D8D2AA-DAFA-494A-B977-C002CB59E700.jpg (585x312, 37K)

Took him 5 years but at least he kept to his word. I haven't seen so much hype on this board as I have when MCC was announced for PC and I see daily Halo threads now. I'm definitely going to buy the next xbox day one for infinite. Can't fucking wait.

>Gamescom

Why do these dickheads keep having shows there? They have nothing.

You're just a shill. I don't even own a PS4 even though I really wanted to play MGS5 I just abandoned not only Sony but console gaming altogether. All thanks to Microshit and the xbots. Every goddamn thing Microshit touches turns to shit. They ALWAYS do things wrong and for the wrong reasons and I hope they fail at every single thing they do. Nobody truly likes them. Interactive movies is not only a Sony thing even thou they pioneered it. The ever increasing graphical detail is just too great and easy to make games look like poetic graphical art. Can't be helped.

You may be too young to know that it doesn't matter how many billions Microshit claims will dump on games because at the end they will fail to deliver to your expectations. They ALWAYS do this. It's just marketing. Tell me what happened to the POWAH OF DA CLOUDZ hm?

>It's that retarded shill from the nuked falseflag thread

Fuck off, dipshit.

Nope.

These are my posts and that's it. I made my feelings known about Sony from my first post. I'm not satisfied with them and if they makes you mad they stay mad. No two people are the same so get used to it.

Having backwards compatibility automatically makes them the best. I can understand why the switch can't support old Nintendo games but I will never, ever forgive Sony for abandoning backwards compatibility in favour of selling remasters instead. If a couple of neckbeards on PC can make a full ps3 emulator then Sony easily can too and even for the ps4. What a joke. I just found out Microsoft will be opening up the servers for star wars battlefront 2 because they're giving it away for free tomorrow with 4k enhancements and all the bells and whistles.

>choosing forza over gran turismo
you cant be more pleb

The PS4 has a fucking laptop CPU, there's no way it can emulate PS3 games. Hell even the PS2 emulator has problems in the Jak games.

>He still believes there was a conspiracy and not the Split Ram pool and RSX being weaker than the Xenon making it way harder to hit a 720p framebuffer
Sony fans have been in a perpetual state of seethe since 2006 and even winning they can't help but let MS, Nintendo and Valve live in their heads rent free.

The Xbox One has a just as bad laptop CPU and a 50% weaker GPU compared to the ps4 yet Microsoft still got these 360 games working pretty much flawlessly. 360 emulation has been a much tougher challenge than ps3 emulation to the point we still barely have a working 360 emulator on PC but you can play through the whole of persona 5 on rpcs3.

The 360 architecture is way simpler than the PS3. GPU power doesn't matter nearly as much as CPU power when it comes to emulation.
There's much more interest in writing a PS3 emulator than a 360 emulator when it comes to community solutions too.

The 360 CPU architecture is based on the same architecture as the ps3.

>I'm willing to bet Microsoft will be very competitive next gen.
No reason to believe that considering Microsoft history of mismanaging studios and ips. For me every new acquisition is another potential Rare situation until proven otherwise. There is never been a studio that got better after being bought by Microsoft, except maybe Bungie, and that one is not even theirs anymore.

X360 has a Radeon GPU. The PS3 had a Nvidia GPU. Nobody truly gives a shit about Xbox emulation. The Xbawks gamer is a retarded NPC and a consumerist. All intelligent chads got a PS console so it's only natural that they wanted to emulate their console of choice.

COPE

Both have a PowerPC but the implementation is different as is the GPU

That's just the PPC core(s). The Cell also has the six SPEs which are absolutely nothing like a regular CPU and are very sensitive to synchronization issues (i.e. one of the most expensive parts of accurate emulation).

Xbox emulation is tough because there's barely any documentation about it. Everyone remembers that whole situation about the guy on redd*t who wiped the OG Xbox devkit and lost valuable documentation. It's why emulation had stagnated so much. It's got to the point where people are literally begging Microsoft for a 360 and OG emulator now.

They bought Playground Games and they made a 92 rated game followed by a 93 rated game the year after. Bungie is only respected now because of what Microsoft did for them. Other than that Microsoft hasn't owned many world class studios maybe aside from RARE but they were a shell of themselves even before Microsoft bought them.

Fun fact: SoT was a result of Microsoft giving RARE 100% freedom of development and we all know how that turned out. Its supposed to be a decent game now but on launch it was a fiasco. Some studios do really need to be controlled such as Bungie.

"aa" is not a synonym for "another shit game by microsoft."
>I can understand why the switch can't support old Nintendo games but I will never, ever forgive Sony for abandoning backwards compatibility in favour of selling remasters instead.
why is it only acceptable for the switch to not have backwards compatibility? not only that, but they even got rid of virtual console in favor of overpriced "classic consoles" and subscription always-online nes roms as a service.
at least sony remasters their old games. nintendo ports wii u games over directly and charges full price as if they were brand new.
>If a couple of neckbeards on PC can make a full ps3 emulator then Sony easily can too and even for the ps4.
again, the same applies to nintendo. why couldn't the switch have backwards compatibility when cemu exists?

I JUST WANT TO PLAY WARTHOG RUN AND BIG TEAM BATTLE ON PC

Playground Games got bought after Forza Horizon 3, and only months before releasing the fourth game. We'll see if they can make something other than using the same formula over an over with that RPG they are making.

>Greenberg

Attached: 1397793473228.gif (501x585, 76K)

Are you retarded? Sony could easily support ps2 and ps3 disk back compat on ps4 but how the fuck are you supposed to use a Wii disk or whatever on a switch?

Attached: 1486057857047.jpg (259x383, 81K)

>easily
no

OY VEY GOYIM, SHUT IT DOWN

why couldn't nintendo at least do what microsoft did and make any game you bought digitally on wii u backwards compatible without needing a disc?
oh wait, that would stop them from selling the whole wii u library back to you all over again at full price.

>Sony could easily support ps2 and ps3 disk back compat on ps4
Sony already had troubles making PS1&2 work on PS3, making all of that again for the PS4 is not worth the hassle to repeat that let alone making the architecture work with that and modern games
>but how the fuck are you supposed to use a Wii disk or whatever on a switch?
They made gameboy carts work on GC and SNES

Very easy really. Just add a disk tray. Unlike the Sony consoles are very different one gen to the next but on Nintendo's case it's just the same hardware or very similar hardware so what's their excuse?

The Switch hardware is completely unlike the GC/Wii/Wii U hardware (which were very alike)

>Nintendo's case it's just the same hardware or very similar hardware so what's their excuse?
>Wii U hardware similar to nvidia tegra

No wonder Yea Forums is the laughing stock of /g/

the ps4's architecture is different from the shitshow that was the cell, but nobody gives sony a free pass on not having bc. why is it okay when nintendo does the same thing?

>we have Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3.

sjws taking over the company moving away focus from what really matters aka games to pushing sjw propaganda/feminism and hiring soley based on gender and race instead of skin color.
not saying that sony is much better. we are going to see the affect of sjws next generation even more there

So why we have this faggot saying that Nintendo gets a pass for having different hardware but not Sony?

they're both retards

>They made gameboy carts work on GC and SNES
Those console addons literally had a complere GB/GBA chipset inside them. The consoles did no emulation, they just did controller and video passthrough. The actual CPU of those handhelds were dirt cheap even back then, but I'm not sure how viable it is to do that today.

The Wii U couldn't be more different that the Switch hardware you moron. Both the CPU and GPU are MASSIVELY different to each other. The Switch also isn't that much more powerful than the Wii U. The PS4 is way more powerful than the Ps3 and the ps4 has enough horsepower to emulate the ps3 without latency. Many technical forums such as beyond3d have proven it can work.

LMAO what's the good in buying companies when you basically EA the fuck out of them. Rare, dead. Lionhead, dead. Next on the list the creators of DmC. They buy companies, still don't do shit with them.

>berg
salesman sociopathic liar

>the ps4 has enough horsepower to emulate the ps3 without latency.
high-end gaming pcs can't even emulate the whole ps3 library without issues yet, let alone a ps4. and it was even worse back in 2013 when the ps4 first came out. you don't know what you're talking about.

>The PS4 is way more powerful than the Ps3
When it comes to GPU, sure; but the CPU isn't that much of a step up.
>the ps4 has enough horsepower to emulate the ps3 without latency. Many technical forums such as beyond3d have proven it can work.
lol sauce?

Are you retarded? Honest question.

Why are you comparing the performance of some emulator to what Sony could do since they made the fucking console. Sony has all the ps3 documentation and they CAN make it work. Xbox and xbox 360 emulation on PC is practically impossible due to lack of documentation yet Microsoft has got it to work flawlessly INCLUDING enhancements on a low powered console. Sony are just being lazy and they have admitted they don't care about it. Hell they even stripped out the ability to use CD-rom on ps4 for no reason.

Beyond3d

Gimme a link bro. Google searches turn up nothing on the topic of emulating ps3 games on low end hardware.

It'll still be emulated, retard. Do you think Sony are magical unicorns?

They could atleast make them available digitally.

are you? do you have any idea how advanced emulators are these days? if a high-end gaming pc still can't handle most of the ps3 library in 2019, it's safe to say that a launch ps4 from 2013 wouldn't stand a chance.
the xbone could do backwards compatibility because neither of their previous consoles' architectures were a clusterfuck like the cell. even then, it took years to implement and still only supports a tiny fraction of the original xbox and 360's libraries.

>cell is a cluster fuck
>cell isn't a cluster fuck

Make your mind up moron. One minute you're talking about some emulator made by 2 guys in their spare time that has the ability to play late gen games like persona 5 the whole way through and the next minute you're saying its impossible for Sony (the people who made and hold all the documentation) to do better than these people, so which one is it?

And the 360 back compat supports a quarter of the whole 360 library and includes the most graphically demanding games to ever come out on the system like gta 4, halo games, gears games, assassins cree games etc. All run flawlessly on the xbox one with support for higher framerate.

>all these people defending snoy

microsoft is investing a lot of time and money into bringing these old games back for the fans to play for free using just their disk yet they're the bad ones and snoy are the good ones for forcing you to buy psnow to play ps3 games on ps4 and you don't even get to play the games you already own for free. sony are cancerous as fuck.

Not him but you're a fucking retard. It's not impossible for Sony, i's impossible for the PS4. Console gamers need to hang.

Attached: God_Damn_It.webm (720x603, 529K)

microsoft is doing the right thing by adding
free backwards compatibility but the ps4 is just too underpowered for such a thing to be possible on the ps3 and the idea is only a consolation to begin with considering the xbone doesn't have any new content to offer

POWAH OF DA CLOUDZ

Attached: 90_on_metatric.png (800x1011, 303K)

the fact that a ps3 emulator exists at all already and can even play a couple games without issues is a testament to how advanced emulation is today. however, just because it exists doesn't mean it performs at an acceptable level for most of the library yet. it's really not hard to understand.
also, people are willing to put up with bugs, glitches and quirks from rpcs3 because it's an experimental project. they would not be willing to do the same with backwards compatibility that's expected to work perfectly out of the box.

Reminder that industry insider Benji said Microsoft is truly going BIG for this years E3, confirming what Phil said in the interview with Major Nelson, where he mentioned that he has already played the Fable ARPG reboot from Playground Games, the new hack'n'slay game from Ninja Theory and a new singleplayer IP from RARE alongside other games such as Forza Motorsport 8 which will use some kind of raytracing on the next gen consoles, Halo Infinite and there will also be 2nd party announcements - one of which is a new Crytek FPS game in a Cyberpunk setting.
And on top of that, there will also be new studio announcements, IO Interactive seems to be a done deal but they're not the only ones who will join Microsoft.

Attached: 1537359544915.jpg (1224x1080, 236K)

Yet those games will be playable on xbox platforms for the foreseeable future and MS has publicly said that. What's Sony's excuse when Microsoft has both new and old games? You can't keep spamming this argument about no games consolation hurr.

Don't forget Sonic Unleashed, which actually pushed the hardware with CG quality GI across miles of environment back in 2009, unlike the Western muh grafix brown bloom meme trash at the time. Even KH3 looks dated in comparison.

I can play it on a train!

microsoft is still the company that introduced paid online, paid dlc, and microtransactions, tried to ban used games and force always online, and has an ea-esque track record of buying popular studios and running them into the ground.
also, let's not forget don mattrick's line that "backwards compatibility is backwards thinking." the ONLY reason microsoft added limited, cherry-picked bc is because they were losing and they had no new games. if the xbone was winning this generation, it would be an orwellian nightmare of a console with no backwards compatibility at all.

Microsoft is like that annoying cousin that keeps bugging you to play with him

Attached: aaa.jpg (1200x598, 148K)

>and has an ea-esque track record of buying popular studios and running them into the ground.
Sony still killed more devs

Except the xbox released with hardware acceleration for back compat from day one retard. It was always in their plans before the console even released.

sauce?

>People pick Xbox
top kek

This. Sony was much kinder to customers back when the PS3 was struggling to find them in the first place. The only thing that has changed is that Microsoft is in that position now.

It's crazy how people still discard all the brilliant and progressive things Microsoft has introduced into the industry in the last few years. Back compat, full cross play, play anywhere, forced psnow to allow downloadable games, bringing xbox games to windows etc.

Let's not forget that before M$ set it's undead foot on the console market they tried to fuck over PC gaming with Games for Windows Live. PC gamers kicked them in the balls and told them to fuck off. Nobody likes them.

Attached: DwRHlktX4AAdO8.jpg (1030x704, 62K)

Yeah, I went from 360 to PS4. I might go back to Xbox next gen. I hate Snoy California atm and the censorship shit, it hasnt affected any games I care about yet, but I cant deal with an entire gen of censored games. Arrogant Sony is back.

Literally the only significant game on that list is Halo

>play anywhere
what does this mean?

so? the gamecube had stereoscopic 3d capabilities built into its hardware that nobody, not even nintendo themselves, ever used. just because a console has a feature built into it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be used.
if microsoft was winning, there would be no used games, always online, forced kinect, and no backwards compatibility.

>Helping the task immensely is the fact that certain aspects of the Xbox 360 hardware design are indeed built into the Xbox One processor - specifically, support for texture formats and audio. "It's what makes this sort of possible for us, because then we can take all of those shaders that we collect and we can package them and all the Enlightenments, and then we just go through and we do actual performance playthroughs to determine that the emulator is executing everything right."

>But fundamentally, Xbox 360 back-compat works on the principle of an emulation layer. There is some hardware assistance and - yes - some 'secret sauce' (Microsoft didn't want to be drawn on how the emulator supports Xbox 360's VMX128 vector units, for example), but the team is now at the point now where everything an Xbox 360 can do, its emulator can mirror in software. And that's impressive - by the end of the 360 era, developers had leeway to bypass the DirectX API and address the GPU more directly, potentially making transcompilation of code more challenging.

>And we're at the point now where Xbox One routinely outperforms the same games running on original hardware, something that was a design goal for the team since the project's inception: "Parity wasn't good enough. We actually wanted these 360 games to run better on Xbox One hardware because we knew we had headroom and we wanted to take advantage of it," points out Xbox Program Manager Kevin Gammill.

They had hardware support from day 1 and their goal was always to allow 360 games to be played better than they were on the 360.

>that pic
How many copies did FH4 sell in the W10 Store?

>Sea of Thieves, Crackdown 3, and State of Decay 2 were either devoid of content or a technical mess and basically shat out to shill Game Pass
>Forza Horizon 4 was a big step back from Forza Horizon 3 in every way aside from the career mode progression
>Halo is a dead franchise to the point where people only care about the old ones
>Gears is a has-been franchise that's been surpassed to the point where Gears 5 is just Microsoft's answer to The Last of Us
>Almost all of Microsoft's games are on PC, and even then most aren't worth playing
>Microsoft spent a month downplaying single-player games but had to backtrack when God of War and Zelda took their lunch money
>The Xbox One has only TWO games: Forza Horizon 2 and Rare Replay
Is there a worst console library than the Xbox One's?

Attached: 1549576511380.png (825x1007, 500K)

That's pretty vague. "Support for texture formats and audio" could mean anything.

If you buy games like RE7 on PC or Xbox you get a free PC or Xbox version at no extra cost. They're planning to expand it so it's PC, Xbox and Xcloud so game purchases are linked to account rather than platform.

wtf is even forza, looks like some wigger car sim

>Responsible
This shit has been going on for decades, not just with Sony and Microsoft, but also with Nintendo, Sega and Atari. Leaders in this industry always make bad fucking decisions that leads to them getting fucked by the competition down the road. Sega never ever recovered from their practices though

Oh so it's just crossbuy.

Remember when M$ bought that Sony studio so it could make Sumshine Overdrive for them? WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Imagine being dense enough to not realise that xbox is going for a service model than being a backwards company who focus on solely selling $400 consoles for a profit. They'll sell consoles but they're nowhere near as important for MS as they will be for Sony. The real war is going to be stadia vs xbox. Nintendo is doing their own thing in what is basically the mobile market and Sony are still stuck in medieval ages with their next gen outlook.

Insomniac was never bought by anyone

They call it play anywhere but yeah its cross buy. They're the only company who support it as far as I know.

>2017
user, are you generally retarded? I need to ask, why would you grab an article from 2017, when that really doesn't apply today?

Any other company behind the XBone would've died in it's first gen. M$ just have deep pockets and can take the hit. All the bad press the XBone got at the beggining would've killed any other company. They just like to be dead last every single gen.

I crossbought indieshit on my PS4/Vita back when that console was still alive, but I guess that doesn't matter now the Vita is dead and hacked.

The PS3 was a much bigger disaster than the XBone was.

>anyone, buying anything from the Windows Store
No one plays Windows Store games.

They came 2nd in 7th gen according to official statistics from both Sony and Microsoft but thankfully the management has changed between then and now and the future of the brand looks extremely promising. I mean how can anyone hate being able to play more games where they want to play them (unless you're a linux fag)? MCC on PC is going to be a massive hit by the looks of it.

>actually owning your games is now the "medieval ages"
how much are you getting paid to shill against consumers' best interests?

Financially the ps3 nearly killed off Sony completely. They were very lucky the jap government loves bailing out companies with under the table cash funds. They recovered from it by basically releasing a 360 v2.0 in pretty much every way from hardware configuration to software like party chats and headset port in controller and all that. They took Microsofts idea and did a one up on them with minimal effort. I still remember that article from 2015 (I think) where Sony said they didn't know why the ps4 was selling.
Going into next gen is going to be a massive uphill climb for Sony because they can't keep stealing other people's ideas and making a success of it. Stadia will steamroll them and Microsoft is doing their own stadia/console thing which they're heavily investing in. No matter how anyone tries to twist it there is no competition when companies start bankrolling projects. This is the first time in xbox history where it hasn't had to survive on its own profits and revenue.

Indians

Where did anyone say you can't buy and own a game on next gen xbox or Nintendo?

I should say
when megacorps start bank rolling projects

Not true. The PS3 was outselling the X360 year-on-year since launch respectively. Now the XBone lost to the PS4 back in 2013 and everbody knew it. The XBone has no chance to beat the PS4, ever.

Metacritic has the PS3 ahead and back in those days the Xbots liked to use Metacritic for console sales and game reviews. WHAT HAPPENED HAHAHAHA

The management doesn't matter. They're just there to cut their heads if things goes south. Microshit never changes for the good. Microsoft is always evil.

That's not true, microsoft was burning through cash on the original xbox and the early 360. It was one of the reasons they were anxious to get the 360 out early, nvidia was screwing them over on manufacturing.

based nvidia

that's what you're implying by saying that microsoft is competing with stadia from now on. streaming games means never actually owning your games again.

I honestly will probably abandon Sony in the next gen and switch to ecksbawks. I'm getting real fucking tired of Sony's bullshit.

I meant VGChartz for console sales

sony's bullshit, while bad, is nothing compared to the shit that microsoft pulls when they're in a strong position.
keep in mind that microsoft created two of the biggest cancers in gaming today - paid dlc and microtransactions - when they merely came in second place. imagine how much damage they'd do to this hobby if they ever won a generation.

Nvidia fucked over Sony too hence why the ps3 has massively worse graphics than the 360. The 360 GPU was the first to every have unified shaders. Nowadays nvidia isn't so bad but I think AMD is still the better options for the consoles unless you absolutely need the highest efficiency like Nintendo because nvidia is unrivaled in that area. All the ray tracing that is being done on PC now is through Microsoft DXR (DirectX Raytracing). Many game engines are adopting DXR even for support on AMD GPU and going into next gen Microsoft is going to be miles in the lead regarding graphics API unless Sony start developing their own in house RT API.

AMD is very close to Microsoft so don't be surprised if Sony get some glimpse hardware for PS5 when the xbox 2 gets the cutting edge stuff. Lisa Su (AMD CEO) even brought out Phil Spencer at their conference in January explaining about next gen hardware like ryzen and all that. Sony have a lot to fear. You don't fuck with mega corporations.

>paid dlc
As if expansion packs didn't exist beforehand
>Microtransactions
Thank Bethesda for popularizing it and Microsoft for merely enabling it

They're still giving you the option to buy physical disk for next gen xbox consoles and they said that just a month ago on inside xbox.

Xbox is by no means innocent, but they seem to be putting in more work on their consoles than Sony. If the ps5 ends up being awesome I'll buy it. I'm just not getting my hopes up.

What bullshit?

Yeah, like all that work and billions the put for the POWAH OF DA CLOUDSZ right? What happened to that HAHAHAHAHA

>As if expansion packs didn't exist beforehand
expansion packs are not remotely comparable to paid dlc and you know it.
>Thank Bethesda for popularizing it
fun fact: horse armor was part of microsoft's microtransactions program through xbox live. that's why the ps3 version of oblivion didn't have it.

>but they seem to be putting in more work on their consoles than Sony.
the only work i've seen microsoft doing lately is cancelling most of their exclusives and giving the rest of them away to other platforms.

They're putting more work into everything not just consoles.

>back compat
>future games (planned one release every quarter)
>2 new consoles
>new streaming service
>xbox games on PC
>still attending gaming conferences like E3

Meanwhile over at Sony all they've done is start censoring games, decreasing the value of PS+, turning off game servers for exclusives, cancelling fan favorite conferences like PSX and E3 etc.

Jesus Christ I own a PS4 this is why nincels throw tantrums over Sony fans. If you don't know what Sony had been doing, or rather, not doing lately, you are being willfully ignorant. Jesus Christ use Google.

At this point xbox seems like the better option.
All the userbase for multiplayer games are on xbox.

>sony is bad for doing what microsoft has been doing every generation of consoles
Imagine being this retarded.

Fuck off Microsoft, nobody likes you

Microsoft hasn't started mass censorship of games. They haven't decreased the value of xbox live (they've increased it with OG xbox and 360 games). They haven't turned off servers for exclusives you can go back and play gears of war right now. They never pulled out of E3.

Cope.

>Microsoft hasn't started mass censorship of games.
it's pretty hard to do that when you don't have any games to censor in the first place.
>They haven't decreased the value of xbox live
xbox live has no value. it is and always has been an extra microsoft tax to use your own internet.

>People pick Xbox because we have the biggest franchises, the biggest exclusives
>the biggest franchises, the biggest exclusives
>the biggest
>franchises
>exclusives

Attached: 1536802111840.png (262x319, 101K)

I still have trauma from buying fighting games for 360 that were dead on launch.

Halo is one of the biggest exclusive franchises of all time probably only beaten by Nintendo franchises. It's also one of the only exclusive franchises to get higher than a 96 on metacritic and only Nintendo has achieved that. Sony never has in their history.