Key takes up as much space as a shotgun

>key takes up as much space as a shotgun

Really made me think. Why would they go back to this bullshit system after getting it perfect;y in RE4?

Attached: 220px-Resident_Evil_2_Remake.jpg (220x263, 23K)

because original was this way, you filthy zoomer

Because it makes you think.
The DE-make was completely fucked up in all other ways though.

>muh original

I knew this "argument" would come up. If the original is so great, why even remake it? Why is the camera changed? Why are the graphics changed? Oh right, because it's a fucking remake and they're supposed to change things for the better

>If the original is so great, why even remake it?
Because zoomers can't stomach anything with less than 10k triangles / character.
>Why is the camera changed?
Because zoomers can't stomach games that do not play like their Call Of Last Of Us

>Why are the graphics changed?
Because it's not 1998 any more.
Though the art-design in 2019 is fucking revolting.

>they're supposed to change things for the better
True, but they did not.
All we wanted was RE2 with REmake treatment. A proven formula for pure win.

Throwing grenades is also retarded, There's no way of knowing where and how the dumb fuck protagonist will actually throw them, making them often hit obstacles instead of the target.

>>If the original is so great, why even remake it?
>Because zoomers can't stomach anything with less than 10k triangles / character.
Not even him breh, but are you retarded? Zoomers didn't give a fuck about some middle-of-the-road boomer trash made before they were born like RE2. It had no business being remade frankly, just like RE1. It's boomers that want this shit remade.

>perfect;y in RE4

Attached: becca_face_unimpressed3.jpg (354x390, 25K)

RE4's inventory system was literally perfect, yes.

No it was casual garbage

>RE4
>large weapons are powerful but take up a lot of space
>constantly have to think if it's worth keeping that RPG, shotgun or rifle
>this is casual

Meanwhile in RE2
>lol it's just a grid where every weapon takes up the same amount of space
>having a grenade launcher is the same as having the weakest pistol in the game in your inventory
>no need to sacrifice space for more powerful weapons
>inventory management comes down to combining items that can be combined
>this isn't casual

I wish I had the brain (or lack thereof) of you faggots sometimes.

dumb zoomer OP got dabbed on by mr x too lmao

the brainlets have forced their ridiculous opinion that all inventories in all games should all be single blocks with one image for ants and text occupying the block
it's futile to argue with the lobotomized

>Because zoomers can't stomach anything with less than 10k triangles / character.
>>Why is the camera changed?
>Because zoomers can't stomach games that do not play like their Call Of Last Of Us
Fuck off you 30yo boomer, nobody liked tank controls even back in the day.
I remember when i went to play to my friends re2 that just came out and we just spend whole evening shitty on how bad it plays.

spoken like a true 100 iq consolefag

I didn't like the tank controls but the camera angles really added something unique that's missing from the remake. When the camera is in the developers' hands, they can choose the absolute best, creepiest angle for every scene. The remake isn't scary in the slightest for me. Every enemy is just another enemy, while even the basic zombies scared me in the original. Part of that is me growing up, but part of it is the changes to the gameplay in the remake. The original is still much scarier than the remake to this day.

not to mention you can just completely miss jumpscares or other events becuase you've angled the camera the other way

Fuck you, resource management is fun

>Fuck off you 30yo boomer, nobody liked tank controls even back in the day.
Shut up, 15yo zoomer. You wren't even BORN back then.
>we just spend whole evening shitty on how bad it plays.
ITT: things that literally never happened.

>Every weapon takes up the same amount of space
So he's confimed to never have played it, this whole thread is a joke

>attach stock to pistol
>it takes 2 slots
>a pistol with a stock takes up more space than a shotgun

Wow I'm so sorry dude, that actually makes so much sense.

Inventory management was made with gameplay in mind not realism.

Attached: 1553508096116.png (1423x1566, 631K)

>Grenade launcher only takes up one space
>Only the pistol with attrachments takes up more space
Play the fucking game before criticisng it retard

Attached: tofu-survivor-inventory.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

>haven't pllayed the game

Mad cause bad
Wrong cause mong

>implying RE2 has inventory management

lmao

Play
the
game

Attached: 1551339786328.png (716x370, 285K)

>putting things in an inventory = inventory management

Learn what inventory management is. Protip: play RE4, a game with inventory management.

Sounds like you just have shitty aim, tbqh. I never had an issue with tossing grenades where I want them to go.

>find ultra secure safe in office
>look all over the police station for the code
>find it on a note explaining how the valuable contents of the safe were moved to the office
>open safe
>it's a fucking fanny pack

Who the FUCK keeps a fucking fanny pack locked inside a safe?

>Ive never played the game so I dont know you have to decide what healing items, weapons and key items to take with you cause theres not enough room for everything

>Ive never even looked at the B route
Play the game

>first boss fight
>have 2 grenades
>Leon does an overhand throw
>hits a pipe above him
>grenade lands at his feet

You might as well say the same thing about any 20+ year-old game that got remade. Singling out RE is retarded.

Dude, follow the reply chain. He's only "singling out" RE because the previous guy said this remake is for zoomers, when boomers are clearly the intended target.

Have you played hardcore before?Oh(chukle), who am i kiding? Of course you haven't.
How is this not your fault?

Attached: nazeem.png (327x621, 399K)

He only does the overhand throw if you're aiming upwards. If you don't want the grenade to hit something above you, don't aim up.

re4 just had more space to work with and its upgrades went from resource management is key to survival to IM YOUR GOD DAMN OVERLORD NOW while re-make 2 was more "shit do I REALLY NEED THIS" and once upgraded it was more or less the same but taking into account the required firepower to take on bosses

if you must hoard up just do repeated trips, I certainly didn't need all the countless flashbangs and (near the end) pissy handgun rounds I walked past, meanwhile in 4 all I ever ditched was flashbangs and never used them

>Part of that is me growing up

so in other words, half of the reason the original is scary to you is because of nostalgia? not a convincing argument.

Daily v reminder that remake 2 saved the series after re4 ruined it

Attached: becca_scold.gif (340x231, 2.66M)

>How is this not your fault?

Because a really well designed game would give some indication of what kind of throw it'll be and what the rough path of the grenade will be. Learning these mechanics through trial and error reveals mistakes in the game design. This isn't a game breaker, don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly aware it's a nitpick but it was frustrating having to learn this shit by failing first simply because the devs didn't think to implement grenade throws a little better.

See above. I know this now, I just dislike trial and error learning when it can easily be avoided by better design.

Damn nigga. aim

I said it's still scarier today than the remake, you fucking faggot. Read the post.

plays like a video game and not an interactive movie, just deal with the logic and stop sucking ass

We finally got Barry back, when will she be in another game?

>the only 2 options are 1. super gamey and 2. movie game

Except that's wrong you fucking retard. Just because I don't like suspending my disbelief in the fucking heavens when playing a game doesn't mean I want movie games. Can anyone here construct a single non-strawman argument, Christ

I never fucked up a grenade throw, ever, I know its a game but the game does enough hand holding as it is, did you want a trigger to switch throws, a grenade arc line, a tutorial explaining how the throws work?

This is coming from a brainlet who tried to use a grenade point blank out of panic and learnt there is no explosion damage the hardway, and an hour later playing re3 for the fun of it blew myself up shooting an explosive barrel

Re8 if we're lucky. I'll even take a another shitty Revelations game if she's in it

Attached: becca_inject.webm (1920x1080, 1.16M)

I see your point, but i have never had problem with grenades.
>I just dislike trial and error learning when it can easily be avoided by better design.
Well i personally like trial and error design in my gayms but the grenades in re 2 are a scarce resource so you don't really have an opportunity to test them out.

>the prelude to an entire city dying and being overrun by zombies is because a guy who fucked leeches got killed, his leeches ate his consciousness, turned into an operatic Sephiroth clone and released the t-virus into the arklay mansion and surrounding area

Attached: 1549161268581.png (500x500, 177K)

There's nothing wrong with a grenade arc, user. If you were throwing a grenade in real life, you'd have a good idea of the path it would take. A grenade arc is arguably the best way to communicate where the grenade will go to the player because we can't read Leon's mind, can we? Having an aiming reticle serves the same purpose, it's there to communicate to the player where Leon is aiming his gun. A grenade arc would be no more casual/handholdy/whatever than a reticle.

Im so happy to see actionfags still getting this fucking booty blasted about it all being over for them. Fucking RE4 nostalgiafaggots.

Attached: B2DF39A0-6ED2-47A2-BD9B-710146FCF99B.jpg (720x720, 31K)

You are a fucking cunt mate, go play fortnite or something, you clearly do not like Resident Evil.

>It's boomers that want this shit remade.

Yes and? We are the ones with disposable income now, and our age group is the one playing video games. REmake 2 is what we wanted. Dont like it? Fuck off elsewhere.

>Remake of the original
>"Why is this like the original"?
>because it's a remake of the original
>I knew this argument would come up
Are you retarded?

The system isn't flawed at all, it's not weight or size but an item limit. You can carry 8 things with you, no matter what those are. That's it. The fact that you call it bullshit and can't handle it makes me think you're a coward brainlet who wants to take all his health items and ammo with him because he's too scared to move when he's not invulnerable.

I like some of the RE games, not all of them. Asking for positive changes in a remake makes me a Fortnite kid? The existence of Fortnite annoys me simply because you non-argumented faggots have a brand new strawman to use in your dumb shitposts.

You're missing the point entirely you fucking faggot. If it's supposed to stick to the original in every way, then a remake would be redundant since it would literally be a 1:1 replica of the original. Clearly the nature of a REMAKE is to REMAKE certain things about a game, not just replicate. So if changes are inherently being made, then why keep some of the shitty parts of RE2 in there? Christ you're dense.

It's a remake of resident evil 2. If you keep making changes - particularly one as core to the gameplay as the inventory system - then you're asking for a completely different game just with an RE2 skin. I mean what are you fucking gay? Just play the game

Just imagine if nostalfags are already mad because REmake 2 is Re4 style but less action how ass blasted would they be if REmake 2 followed the RE6 path

Attached: 30229b386292184e5239632fee83d1ed.jpg (397x391, 67K)

>There's nothing wrong with a grenade arc, user. If you were throwing a grenade in real life, you'd have a good idea of the path it would take
So I take it you played/were good at sports then?

Like I said I'm a brainlet and I can't even get it right with a toss, if I'm not breaking a window I'm dropping it infront of me, if anything fucking somehow the game is accurate to how I throw things.

Yeah, i lowball all of my grenades now and never fuck up, only penalty I get is a shock stun, but anything that close is usually fucked, and if its not fucked I keep backing up and spamming more like the super tyrant on hardcore, 7 grenades, done deal

Not him, unlike remake1 I consider remake2 a homage to it, as if it was designed for the current day with a new audience, remake 1 was just the first game but done with the original's intent.

IIRC 2 was done with a different lead entirely

All because they found a Virus that lived in a flower grown in an African cave.

user you seem confused, actionfags ARE the nostalgiafags.
>is it like RE4?
>guise RE4.
>can the invenetory management be like RE4?
>guys why not a sniper in REmake 2 like in RE4?
>does he say one liners like in RE4?
>what about meele attacks, they had that in RE4.
>RE4 changed the world you guys.
>when is the REmake of RE4?
>will RE8 be more like RE4 instead?
>cant wait to buy RE4 again on switch

They need to fuck off. RE4 is great but these nostalgiafags are fucking obnoxious, try to point it out and they just say "but RE4."

Attache case is an awful design choice for a Resident Evil game the fact that you're willing to use a realism argument, and then double back when shit like laser flipping comes up just tells me all I need to know.
Now tell me about how le epic the Merchant was and how he's a staple of the franchise because a bunch of retarded non fans love him.

Attached: 1550777727855.jpg (509x477, 19K)

>actionfags

What does action have to do with a retarded inventory system?

Stop enjoying Resident evil 4

Attached: becca_face_concerned_2.jpg (500x549, 41K)

It objectively made the inventory system more layered and grounded, so the decision making in this regard was more meaningful and immersive at the same time. It was fucking great. It can't be more casual if it's way more complex.

If re2 inventory management was difficult, it wasn't because of the system per se, but because the game itself put you in more difficult situations. RE4 can be exponentially harder than classic RE system.

Yes, simply buying a bigger attache case and having 6 guns, enough ammo to stop an army, several grenades and 8 full heals is VERY complex, just like the incremental upgrades for guns that merely vacuum the money that was literally only made to be spent at a merchant that hands you full heals and graciously gives you free ammo when you upgrade mag capacity on any gun.

>when you run a corporation built by taking the pet flower arrangement project of a bunch of literal spear chuckers and giving the flower's contents to an old faggot with a leech fetish who injects the flower virus into leeches to create a new virus and the leeches become intelligent but you don't care about that and just inject the new leech virus into humans which makes them violent and retarded but also has a 0.0000001% chance of making a human violent, retarded, and strong which you then consider the primary research path of your corporation but your most successful product is some lizard people and you also spend millions researching a way for women to give birth to disfigured fly creatures for some reason

>RE4 can be exponentially harder than classic RE system.

Attached: jillvoth_laugh3a.webm (342x332, 426K)

Attached case is a good inventory system for RE4. But it's horrible for almost every other RE.

>REmake 2 is Re4 style
But it's not.
You fucking zoomers don't even know how RE4 works anymore.

The gameplay is a LOT more RE4 style than it is RE2 style.

Funny, almost like all those people saying RE4 wasn't really an RE game were right, because almost every single design choice for it is dogshit for Resident Evil.
People will shit on QTEs in 5/6, but forgive 4
People will talk about how buying shit in 5 was nonsense, praised it in 4.
People bitch about upgrading guns in 5/6, completely ignores 4's.
People actually want the merchant back despite the mechanic behind him being retarded.
I seriously believe the 4 wank was "4 WAS MY FIRST GAME RESPEKT IT", which is why RE2make pissed people off, it had OTS Leon, but no suplexes.
So when the game isn't Headshot, Kick (2004) retarded newfags get upset

Yeah, and Serious Sam is more DooM than CoD. Does not make them one and the same.
Nu-RE2 is the exact same shit as Dead Space, Revelaitons, etc.

Yeah dude, I agree, like suplexing zombies, upgrading weapons at stores, ammo dropping from enemies, being able to flickshot instantly on the starter pistol...
Oh wait

Attached: 1531590822206.jpg (640x646, 55K)

Is there any DLC coming for REmake 2 lads?, I really enjoyed it and hope I dont have to wait for REmake 3/ CV for more

Yeah, it's actually totally like RE2, a fucking fixed camera shooter. lmao

Literally the 2nd most similar Re game to Re4 after Re5
>hehehe zoomer hehehe dumb hehehe

Attached: 1531398280775.gif (250x209, 1.82M)

So out of all the combat balancing, no ammo drops, merchant, boss fights that aren't trivialized by buying an RPG, you're going to go with the camera angle deciding your retarded opinion, when it was there to utilize a dismemberment system that actually made fighting regular zombie dynamic, instead of letting you headshot them and roundhouse kick them instantly afterwards?
Thanks for showing you stupid your ilk is, RE4 tard.

>after getting it perfect;y in RE4?
>but what does the complaint have to do with actionfags being actionfags?

Why is Leon such a manlet? All the zombies have at least 2 feet on him

RE2make is the best resident evil game, I'd even put it in front of REmake.
Outbreak here we come.

Taste so shitty should be illegal.

I agree thread was trash before I arrived

oh shit, I guess you're right
guess I also have to believe that the gameplay of DMC5 is nothing like DMC4 because it lacks the fix camera angles, thanks for pointing that out man

>RE4 derails the franchise from survival to action
>RE4fags bitch about RE5/6, because they're not RE4
>Capcom decides, "Fuck it" we'll do RE7 in a classic manner, since RE4 fags just want RE4 again and again and again
>RE4fags bitch about how the camera change will alienate fans and pretend to be oldfags even though oldfags have literally put up with it for over a decade at this point
FUCKING ROFL
>RE7 is decent but stumble in the last quarter of the game
>Generally well received among non RE4 autists
>RE2make comes out
>RE4fags cream themselves over OTS RE2
>Turns out zombies aren't very easy to kill
>Turns out there's no contextual melee
>Turns out Mr.X doesn't give a fuck how many hours you sank into RE4
>Turns out if you waste shit you'll eat shit and die
I'm so glad you faggots are angry and pulling the "Muh clout from playing RE4 in 2004" card, suck a cock.

Attached: 1531273639175.gif (467x398, 70K)

That's only referring to the inventory management you fucking sperg. Get some reading comprehension.

Yes and it's completely trivilized in 4 because key items and the fucking knife doesn't even get stored with regular items.
It's RE4 wank and retarded niggers that praise it should die

>oh shit, I guess you're right

You know it dude. Thanks for not being an insufferable faggot about it. Takes a big man to admit he was wrong.

>getting it perfect;y in RE4?
RE4 is the weakest games in the franchise what the fuck are you on. There's nothing "perfect" in it, it's a steaming pile of shit for casuals.

How the fuck is RE2 inventory management 'casual' compared to RE4 inventory management? Look at all this fucking shit I have.

Attached: re4.jpg (1680x1050, 253K)

Post the big attache case, I know the small one BTFO these autists, I just want to see it for comparison

The inventory was literally perfect in RE4. Deal with it you homo

I'm not that user though so I wasn't really admitting anything

You guys are fucking retarded if you think REmake 2 is ANYTHING like RE4. This is why people are calling you cunts nostalgiafags.

I wasn't the other user either so I wasn't really saying you were admitting anything

>We're living in a timeline where RE4 fanboys and classic fans got the tables turned
I hope you remember all those times you said the old RE formula was stale and people wanted action, you cock sucking shit birds

Attached: 1521936267733.jpg (936x622, 39K)

Fuck off cunt, it was literally an oppurtunity for OP to say "muh RE4" read between the fucking lines. Stop pretending to be dumb.

cool than, thanks for being honest and believing me

Post times
I think Birkin 1 might be the toughest part of the whole game

Attached: 53599113_10100693583342952_5032812947689177088_o.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

Shit man look at all the deep and intricate choices I need to make about my inventory space, I can't literally just shit on the entire rest of the game with what I have in this case right now on its own

Attached: bigger case.jpg (1680x1050, 263K)

>carrying 150 pounds of ammo
It's perfect for COD.

Attached: iT6EUWd.jpg (2076x1080, 605K)

So is he carrying around a lil suitcase? Why can't we see it on him?

>Can fit an RPG in there and one shot any boss of your choice
>Can even upgrade the striker to carry 100 rounds so that you never have to hold a shotgun round in your inventory again
Yep, this game's inventory management was so DEEP, 13 year old me was a fucking GENIUS figuring this shit heap out
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
MUH DEEP INVENTORY LMFAO

Attached: 1522106372628.png (762x448, 603K)

Stop pretending to know what OP was trying to say, fucking wannabe psychic faggot

Replace the Striker with the Riot Gun then we can become friends.

It's a particularly damning screenshot because I very clearly wasted a fuckload of inventory space on the Mine Thrower, too. But I just wanted to practice El Gigante quick kills.

OP wasn't really saying the remake should give you MORE space, you know. All you faggots are just arguing how RE4 is casual garbage because it gave you too much space.

Its so fucking based, and to top it all off they know 5 and 6 were shit so they go full nostalgiafaggot buy droning on and on about ONE GAME from 2005.

>discard item
>it vanishes into thin air instead of just dropping next to you

This was such complete bullshit.

I wasn't really sure what the point OP was trying to make, I just skimmed through the thread and stopped at the initial post I replied to because talking about having to 'think if it's worth keeping that RPG, shotgun or rifle' is a gigantic load of bullshit.

It was just as stupid back in 1996.

Unlike literally every game ever made, RE doesn't let you drop items. Combined with an extremely nonsensical inventory system, where a key takes up the same space as a shotgun, and you can only carry a handful of items, this imposes a lot of restrictions on the player. The thing is, these restrictions don't enhance the survival horror aspect, they UNDERMINE it.

To demonstrate what I mean, let's take the following gameplay scenario I experienced during my playthrough of Resident Evil:

I load the game from my last save, right next to an item box. I go to explore a part of the mansion I hadn't yet visited. After struggling past many zombie-filled hallways, taking some damage and using some of my bullets in the process, I encounter a locked desk. I remember the desk key I found earlier, but I stored it in the item box because I wanted to leave inventory space for any items I might find while exploring.

Gee, what should I do? Should I:

>A) backtrack all the way back to the item box, take the desk key, and backtrack all the way back to the locked desk, taking damage and using up limited healing herbs and ammo to kill zombies in the process, on top of the resources I already used up on the first go around?

OR

>B) simply reload from my last save, take the desk key from the item box and, now knowing the path ahead, avoid the zombies and not using any resources?

There is literally no reason not to pick B. Not only is it faster to reload than it is to backtrack all the way to the item box and then backtrack back to the locked desk, but it saves you resources.

Sure, you can save scum in almost every game, but usually it's very tedious. Not only does E Evil encourage it, but it actively REWARDS it, since it's both faster and saves you resources. The only thing the nonsensical inventory system achieves is forcing the player through a bunch of rote tedium and mindless busywork.

Attached: 1553096619953.png (894x894, 97K)

Am I the only one who did this? Fuck these enemies.

Attached: dogs.jpg (1680x1050, 231K)

>re4

Attached: Claire_no.webm (736x720, 71K)

That's where limited saves come to play, casual.

I feel like this argument stems from players being disingenuous and not immersing themselves in the game though, anyone who wants a challenge is just gonna use another save slot in that scenario so they don't permanently fuck themselves, but they're not going to cheese it, or die to reload the save.
A lot of single player games involve trusting the player to self imposed challenge, because if they make it so loading a save deletes it, casuals will CRY.
Also, inventory is the way it is BECAUSE of item boxes, RE0 demonstrated this, ultimately if you want a magic box that teleports all your shit, you also got to accept the ground sucking up shit you drop, it sucks, but having both makes the game too easy from an inventory standpoint.
I liked RE0's system

>I feel like this argument stems from players being disingenuous and not immersing themselves in the game though

>immersion
>item boxes with the magical ability to teleport items to other item boxes in completely different areas
>your character is unable to drop a bullet clip to make room for a healing herb, even when they are on the brink of death and said herb would save their lives
How immersive.

Attached: 1552471961527.png (1000x432, 165K)

This is a much more articulated and well-thought out point than the OP, who I honestly assumed was false-flagging with the sheer amount of incorrect shit he said that made it seem like he played neither game.

You would honestly need to have some sort of brain damage to actually ever run out of ink ribbons, they really drown you in them in every game.

Not enough to savescum every locker.

>He can't enjoy the game for what it is and needs to game the system for every possible advantage because he can't have fun
>He feels the need to post brainlet wojak when someone took the time to give him a measured response and was trying to be civil with him
Yep, fuck you. You're the casual you complain about dude, don't complain about shit being too easy when you feel the need to meta the game because living with mistakes scares you.

Attached: 1522606361063.png (584x553, 672K)

>Yep, fuck you.
I actually like classic Resident evil, I just don't think it's in any way immersive. So "immersion" should never be an argument.

Attached: 1552492992360.jpg (562x490, 41K)

It says pretty clearly that you can't have it back, so I didn't mind that.

k

Attached: 3A35978C-BF69-460E-8D61-40A2C4B29846.jpg (4032x3024, 2.25M)

RE4 was the beginning of the end. Back to the roots and kill yourself, cancer.

wait wot. Why are you even back there?

Yeah, I did that too.

just because it's not item tetris doesn't mean there isn't inventory management in re2 - the player has to manage what items go into the inventory and what to skip, if the player finds themselves with a full inventory and wants a new item then a decision has to be made to either hit up an item box or discard something not needed for the item they would like, it's pretty simple

to be fair, on the "regular" difficulty it pretty much didn't
if capcom were cooler they would've released the game without multiple difficulty settings

it's been 2 months, and I still can't replace claire with a naked sherry
what gives?

Sherry is not for lewd

then why did capcom make her so sexy?