Not yet, the Star Fox thread has just begun

Not yet, the Star Fox thread has just begun.

Attached: sfleon.gif (949x949, 916K)

Star Fox>64>>>>Assault=Zero>>>>>Command>2

All I want out of this miserable existence is a Battlefront game, except with Star Fox factions.

Attached: ema_by_xxkuronoxx-d82fapz.jpg (1320x880, 980K)

This shit series has a worse track record of decent games than sonicfags do

There are only two starfox games.

I can't fathom how you could possibly like the SNES game the most and yet also hate 2. It's sure as hell better than Command, that game was just a shitty imitation.

Attached: Dr. Andross, I'm Star Fox.jpg (1134x1440, 495K)

No Adventures?

2 naturally didn't even feel like a complete game to me. It's over so quickly and there really isn't anything interesting about it. It has nothing like the amazing levels and bosses of the first game.

64>assualt>command>everything else>>>dog shit> snes

I guess I don't even think of it as a star fox game that it didn't even cross my mind. It's okay and I'd probably put it behind Assault and Zero.

This is a star fox thread not a loz thread

It's designed for replayability, even more so than the others. You're specifically intended to beat it as fast as you possibly can so you get the higher scores and unlock the bonus shit. I disagree about there being nothing interesting, being able to freely fly wherever, engage an enemy over a planet, and have the surface of the planet below you during the dogfight is really damn neat. Different ship classes should be included in every game in the franchise.

Reminder that Starfox adventure is still the best game in the franchise

Should I get 64 3D? I like having 3D on btw

>Different ship classes should be included in every game in the franchise
I can agree with you here, it really would add more replayability especially if some dialogue got changed with your character choice. Star Fox just didn't really leave an impression on me but at the end it comes down to preferences.

I haven't tried it but people have told me the controls are a bit awkward. Though I don't think it will matter unless you decide to start score running the game. Other than that it's mostly an improvement

Attached: Sector Y.webm (640x480, 2.66M)

is ok, i have turn off the 3D but for a remake, is done really well plus the game gives you the option to play as the original 64 or the 3DS mode which i don't know what is the difference

Found this on wiki
>The single-player campaign features two modes: "64 Mode", which replicates the original game's objectives and difficulty, and "3DS Mode", in which difficulty and objectives have been tuned and balanced to account for the 3D perspective and gyro controls.

Also says they got rid of the battle mode unlockables which is super gay. Playing on-foot as your characters was some serious "that kid" shit before it started being verified wider and wider on the playground.

Zero>64>Adventures>SNES>Assault>>>>>>>>>COMMAND

I need to play more 2.

>zero that high
is it really good?

Attached: Great Fox asteroids.webm (620x480, 1.2M)

Attached: Star Fox arrives.webm (1280x720, 2.45M)

I can understand liking Zero more than some of the other games, but over 64? Like 70% of the content is just rehashed from 64, except worse.

Oh yeah, it's a lot of fun. Very mechanically complex, there's no real skill ceiling.

i should give it another chance, i couldn't get into the gyroscope

>Assault but you can either be one of those Doggos from the Corneria mission vs the Monkeys from Sargasso

Sounds neat

I could expect somebody would like it more if you got used to the controls. But there's still too much unnecessary shit like the helicopter and the walking robot.

Has anyone played Starlink on switch? It’s on sale for 20$ at a local store so i’m thinking about picking it up

Do you mean score run wise? I know they changed how you can score points off enemies you have already shot down or something, is there something else? 64 is a lot of fun to score run every now and then. I would be more interested in Zero if it had less all range mode levels

Attached: corneria.webm (640x480, 2.97M)

>maybe want Starfox 64 3D
>voice acting sounds surprisingly faithful and the 3D fits perfectly with the series' knack for using novel technology
>but it's a straight remake of a game I played a billion times and the rearranged soundtrack kind of sucks
>maybe want Starfox Zero
>practically guaranteed not to get an up-port to Switch since it relies on dual-screen thus gives me more of a reason to bother having a Wii U
>has some decently sleek visuals and good performance
>but mandatory gyro controls and the soundtrack kind of sucks

Attached: larry.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Attached: 22299718_p0.jpg (800x1119, 601K)

Attached: 1447643835196.png (915x590, 35K)

Does Krystal have a place in the team or even the franchise? I think she'd work well as a side character like Bill and Katt, maybe a little more prominent with the whole telepath and love interest thing.

Attached: 1493826574604.png (800x800, 521K)

Not a Starfox character and Fox is gay anyway

Attached: krystal1.jpg (620x822, 479K)

Attached: 1482346629753.jpg (2806x1984, 1.79M)

H-hey guys

Attached: SQ_NSwitch_StarlinkBattleForAtlas.jpg (1000x1000, 338K)

Wonder how this game is

It’s what zero should of been. Many suggest the digital version because the physical requires a toy to play. Like the Skylanders or Disney Infinity.

Seriously Nintendo. You have this system, but little knowledge about the planets there.

lol'd
more?

It's great, I'm having a lot of fun. And they give you an arwing, all of that for 20 bucks. A real deal. Controls are enjoyable , I just don't like how the arwing cannons work but you can change weapons.
I'd say buying starlink is a good thing also because it will incentive nintendo to make a star fox game

Assault sucks

Assault was good.

Attached: Oikonny.png (400x300, 150K)

Attached: wolf_o_donnell__a_break_by_beary_boo_dafnn0r.jpg (4500x3000, 1.28M)

I always wanted an option to play as wolf's team, surely that wouldn't have taken much work.

I've been wanting something like that too, but 3D is basically a 1:1 copy. Adding the option to play as Starwolf would require changes to the story or an entirely new game mode if they want it to make sense

I don't have a problem with her sticking around on the team, as long as she's treated the same as the others and given focus equivalent to them. Just because she's the chick doesn't mean she should be shoved right to the forefront as the secondary protagonist, after Fox.

Attached: 1553770286133.png (576x952, 34K)

Agreed.
That position belongs to Lombardi.

post krystal

I have mixed feelings on Assault but it would have been so easy to fix for a sequel: make it harder, and if you must keep the ground missions have the reticule controlled with the wiimote ala the Resi 4 remake. Those two things alone would have made it an actually good game.

I just meant in multiplayer, play with their arwing models and portraits.

How can a series survive and be loved for so long with only 2 good games?

I think it was basically solid. If they could iron out the kinks with the on-foot gameplay and introduce 64's branching paths, that would be an ideal direction to take the series. I've also heard that similar to Pandemic's Battlefront 2, the campaign was basically an afterthought and constructed out of existing multiplayer maps, so maybe just work on better singleplayer stages in general.

Attached: Star Fox,2c.jpg (800x1100, 715K)

I really hope to see a new Star Fox game on Switch. I'm glad to see Star Fox getting more content in Starlink, but I want an actual Star Fox title.
Preferably in the same vein as Star Fox: Assault. Such a fantastic game.

Attached: Assault.jpg (867x678, 151K)