Your honest opinion?

Your honest opinion?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (460x215, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YJoJOPdOGKg
youtube.com/watch?v=7-_ll1wdf1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i really didn't like it and thats okay. no specific reason why but it just isnt my type of game

Attached: spin bread.gif (120x120, 137K)

Bloodborne = Sekiro = DS1 = DS3 > Nioh > DS2

I like it

So far every boss seemed reasonable and killable
I just got to owl though and he's a bitch

Beat him, today. Took about as long as Genichiro. He "clicked" for me eventual, realizing some attacks are better to dodge through than block helped. I don't think I can handle another difficulty spike though.

ur a faget

Yeah it is tiring
Hoping the last fight will be the last spike

Attached: file.png (853x483, 61K)

There's really not that much in it. It's a direct action game with no RPG elements or possibility for variation. Very linear, very boring, very monotonous, very difficult. Not for me.

I got all the way up to Lady butterfly playing it like bloodborne and not finding it very fun at all, but after stopping listening to my dodge instinct and instead learning to parry, it's a lot more fun. Now I've just beaten the mounted cavalry boss, and he was actually really fun to fight

Love it

The combat is fun when you get into a groove of attacking and then parrying. The world and level design is a MAJOR step down from previous Fromsoft games.

Fucking loved it. Miyazaki really knows how to cut the fat and refine what makes the games great.

Gameplay is fun but generally worse than souls or bloodborne. Restrictive builds make progressing less interesting and i preferred bloodborne's dodge and parry gameplay. Not enough enemy variety.

Also the world was dull. People won't be talking about it years later like soulsborne. I'd give it a 7.5.

parry simulator.

Owl is one of the easiest fights in the game. Just wait for the double shuriken then overhead, dodge and hit him then repeat.

Extremely fun and rewarding. 9/10.

Pretty fucking bad.

No consistency with difficulty. Constantly waffling back and forth between eye gouging difficult and brain dead easy like some retarded spastic rollercoaster.

No weapons and only "gadgets" to add any semblance of diversity to the samey combat.

Stance system is nonsensical and easily broken despite being there to make things more challenging.

The parkour is fun but ultimately under-utilized in most situations.

A lot to it. A direct action game with RPG elements and variation. Non linear, very fun, very exciting, very difficult. My type of game.

It's as if Tenchu and Dark Souls had a child

Good gameplay wasted on a boring setting. They gave a little more direct narrative this time which was nice but in general the world was dull.

They almost should've scrapped some of the supernatural stuff and had more about the interior ministry making moves of ashina as it ended up being the most interesting bit. Whereas the divine heir and dragon tiers was boring.

>In a game where you are expected to die a lot and retry
>Make you infect npc with coughing disease the more you die
That's offputting

Play more than 10 minutes. You get near infinite cures. The dragon rot system is poorly implemented though. It should have been based on revives, not deaths.

Played it once and am probably done for good. Everything but the combat is just a major step down from their previous works (which is being generous, because only boss fights take significant of advantage of the combat mechanics while everything else is torn through like paper)

7/10. Fun, but lacking. The world struggled to hold my attention and IMO a jump button and some counters do not make up for a lack of multiplayer and other features.

Just beat it, very good but oddly I like the monster bosses more than the 1v1 sword battles, although they're still great bosses. Ape and Hatred Demon are up there with some of my favorites in the series for sure. Combat with normal enemies is way better than rest of From games. Prosthetic tools are great sometimes but occasionally feel useless, which makes the game feel more loadout-based than the souls games imo so don't get why people say it's less of an RPG. I do appreciate how many tools you have through stealth, items and skills for every encounter, even if there are stretches where you're just deflecting non-stop and that's getting you the best results. Excellent level design as always but visually gets a bit samey in few spots.

Story is interesting and it's nice to see that Miyazaki can still deliver a compelling world in a more straight-forward structure. Was far more pulpy than Nioh where it just appropriated the culture, here it feels inspired. Good cast of characters and how they fit into the main plot. Really like Wolf as a protag although they went way overboard with the MGS "Keycard" dialogue.

Overall another great miyazaki game but I'll wait for possible dlc based on the true ending for series ranking. As it stands it's behind Bloodborne but pretty close to DS3 for me.

nobody dies from the dragon rot. It's pointless and I have no idea what the point of it is.

Ludo

Sekiro is the greatest game I have ever played in my entire life. It’s not a game; it’s a way of life. I cry tears of joy every time I boot it up on PC as my decrepit, nearly dead hard drive grinds away like two cars crashing in a car accident. Tying on my kimono, I use the katana controller from Onimisha 3 to fully immerse myself in the *true* culture I was MEANT to be born into, had the ancestral spirits not screwed up and made me a white man instead of one of the chosen with skin of gold. Anyone who dares to criticize Sekiro is merely a weak mortal unfit to wield the ancestral steel of the Japanese people. Thank you, Miyazaki-san. Arigato and bravo.

Attached: D432C752-845D-4654-AA20-9772C0460A54.jpg (500x700, 39K)

Robert > solaire

Seeing the knight in full armor come out on the bridge and the little story about his coming to the east looking for a cure for his son was the highlight of the world building which says a lot. It was a kino mini-boss though.

Great first attempt at a mixup of the formula but needs refinement. The game shines in boss fights. The sequel needs to improve the loot, level design, depth of npc interactions, stealth mechanics, grappling hook mechanics, feature less linearity and add replay value incentive. Awesome first playthrough though.

a downgrade to the souls games in every aspect
literally every aspect
i can't name a single redeeming factor

I like it. Feels like a cross between Dark Souls and Assassin's Creed. I'm pretty bad at it, though.

amazing game, topping even the first Dark Souls

That is really time consuming

Literally, unironically, actually, unequivocally, veritably, genuinely, truthfully, this.

>buy new tech and read how it comes from overseas from a young child
>read on chan, about a knight guy
>think it‘s him and some optional fight
>suddenly he comes out
>doesn‘t wanna fight, just don‘t want you to go there and kill everyone
>can‘t kill him because his armor is too good, can only throw him out of the bridge
>while he dies he screams his sons name
>you talk with twink jap boy #2
>he tells you every kid is dead except him
And people act like solaire‘s shitty story was sad.

You're right. Despite verticality levels were pretty linear. DS still has best level design in the series. Also - teleporting literally 5 min into the game, super lazy.
Human enemies were boring as fuck. All that deflect shit got old super fast.
But Demon, Ape and Bull were incredibly fun

Well that's the easy way, there are a few extra opportunities. You can often dodge round his gas bombs for a hit and he has one or two combos where you can dodge through the final attack and hit him in the back.

that's not exactly a high bar

This game confirms it
If Miazaki is directing, i'm buying regardless of genre

Hello there jim

I don't know how the team that created yharnam came up with such an uninspired world but the game was still fun.

It just made me want to replay bloodborne though.

Attached: doggo.webm (760x700, 846K)

Probably my favorite game ever so far. Best combat, best bosses, gorgeous world and interesting stuff happening in the story. No complaints, except a couple really minor ones.

It's just kind of whatever and the bosses are hard but I don't have any desire to try to beat them.

>Everything but the combat is just a major step down from their previous works
You are not in any position to know whether something like that is true or not, as you said you played it once idiot.
You are literally in the early game. Vast majority of basic enemies in late game are miniboss tier difficulty.

Fuck instadeath.
Game is already difficult enough ffs. Then they add shitty enemies you can only beat with two items, and one of that niggers even slows you down, because why not.

>dog jumps at you
>press L1
>pet his neck

Or you can play the actual game and git gud.

>depth of npc interactions
You are though aware that Sekiro has more depth to NPC interactions than any previous FromSoft games? I agree that they should improve on that even further, but as it is, Sekiro has by far the best NPC questlines.

Literally ignore Headless until you get the purple shield, which utterly trivializes them.

Those dual wielding monkeys in the poison canyon are fucking ridiculous, they should be mini bosses

Not true, there are prosthetics that can make terror enemies easy. Your flame vent literally becomes a flamethrower of holy flame that deals crazy damage to apparitions.

It's like dark souls but without the fun and customization.

9/10
Game can be a bit too punishing at times and hitboxes on grabs are super fucking wonky but otherwise it's great

Are you slow?

Probably my least favorite of their games. Still good though obviously, I just really don't care about *unsheathes katana* or feudal Japan.
I grew up drooling over Ninja Scroll and this is kinda like that but I still can't bring myself to give a single fuck.

Beasts fear the cracker!

It has pretty environments, alas there is nothing there to find most of the time because the game has literally no items. At least put scrolls with lore text there or whatever, don't just leave it empty From ffs

No it doesn't. It's useless. Malcontent is best for them. Shield is ok for shichimen warriors.

The point is you can't so side quests but all the side quests suck anyways since all the characters are boring shits who do nothing then die.

Sure I agree but there could be more, and what’s there could be better and more fleshed out. Some NPC interactions for the purification ending specifically feel ridiculously obscure. I know this is not unusual for a FromSoft game but it still makes me scratch my head and wonder if the whole point is that you’d have to look at a guide?

>Not enough variety in combat, Prosthetic Arm is just a slightly different magic system and CA are just weapon arts.
>Sekiro has so little character that I don't why they didn't just let us make our own Wolf.
>Majority of the sidequests are trash that go nowhere
>Stealth is too simplistic
>Too many useless items
>Very little replayability
>Headless
>Exploration is rarely rewarded with anything cool, besides the rare seed or bean
>One optional area
>Bosses feel a bit stale after while because of the overuse of parry. Would've been cool is dodges were a bit more viable during the early stages, then at later stages, the bosses become to aggressive to reliably dodge.
Great game, hope they add some more player choice when it comes to gameplay in the next game.

amazing game
though i wish it had a couple characters to choose from, instead of just the one character
and it could have used a bit more content

Just killed the corrupted monk and I'm enjoying it so far. I like that the combat revolves more around parrying.

Even if Malcontent is better, I beat 3 Headless by doing R2 + R1 and it took about 15 hits with the fan.

That's literally always been the way. Remember bloodborne's umbilical cords? The game set a precedent that certain items were much better to hold onto than use then just reveals nope you were meant to eat them lol.

What's the optional area? I thought senpou was until the game made me head back there.

No idea how. I use it and barely touch his health.

he prob means Hirata memory

It's too hard.

>>Too many useless items
t. did not utilize his pocket sand to maximum effect

Attached: 1553353146625.jpg (400x400, 42K)

Best action game and 0 replayability
FUCK

>RB RB RB RB RB RB LB RB RB RB RB RB RB B RB RB RB RB RB RB

Attached: 1554025041111.jpg (192x200, 6K)

its god hand but for casuals

Probably my favourite game of theirs, which I say almost kind of begrudgingly because I love knights and I am not even a fan of the feudal Japan stuff.

>LB LB LB LB LB LB LB LB LB LB
>still misses the parry

Gameplay: 8, Great but little enemy variety
Graphics: 6, It's a fromsoft game. Actually looks worse than DS3 or BB in some ways due to larger map sizes.
Story: 4, More direct than most from games but surprisingly dull as is the world building.

>not LB LB LB LB LB
ahahaha you have to go back to souls

it's decent, but anyone who lists it as their favorite from game or even has it in their top 5 is a massive brainlet

You've got it the other way around, retard

the goty

It’s better than Bloodborne which is saying a lot cause it was my favorite game ever. I honestly feel leaving the RPG elements and online garbage behind was the best decision Miyazaki has ever made.

People complain about it too much, knowing it was going to be a completely different experience from the normal souls games
People still never shut the fuck up about it because "MUH DIFFICULTY"

Attached: Idiots die twice.jpg (797x799, 129K)

t. Mega-Brainlet

It's okay. Just wish arts and tools didn't become complete throwaway concepts halfway into the game.

ironic

I wish Wolfie threw it like that...
He throws everything like a little girl and it takes like 3 seconds.

8.5/10

Loved it. Solid 40 hours out of it and got everything except the less-than-true endings. I greatly appreciate the combat, level design, and the tight and compact focus of it all. I hope it’s formula is expanded upon, or that something else entirely new comes from FROM, as I only ever liked Dark Souls 1 for a single playthrough and never touched any of the other games. This meanwhile felt amazing. Unironically even felt a bit on the easy side by the time I reached Sword Saint, but that’s just because it clicked and resonated with me so much.

>not dropping your RB spam on purpose to bait an easy deflect and break posture faster

>Game becomes good after you beat it

Weird, no I didn’t play much Bloodborne the setting kind of repelled me. But yeah I do and don’t like that there’s things in these games you will just never be able to figure out without a strategy guide, wiki, friend whatever. It reminds of old school games trying to sell issues of Nintendo Power.

That's Dark Souls 3.
Sekiro is r1 r1 l1 l1 r1 r1 l1 r1 r1 l1 l1 r1 r1 [...]

Can some one tell meme how to do or trigger the carp guys quest? And how to kill that giant carp

Liked it but there’s no replayability. I hope if we get dlc, that they add AT LEAST ONE new weapon and plenty of prosthetics and additions to the skill trees. Game is the same on consecutive playthrough because of no build variety

They don't lol. Ichimonji Double is the best attack in the game at the end and through every NG+, and all prosthetics are insanely useful.

No one said that. It is fantastic on first playthrough already, hundred times better than any Souls game. You're literally in the first areas, you played it once you fucking cuck.

I feel like a solid 30-40 hour singleplayer experience is just fine. Will definitely appreciate DLC, but i don’t think it has to be the kind of game you replay again and again. But that’s different person to person.

>One optional area
I'd say this is good, actually. I found it baffling that so much of Bloodborne was optional while the main path of the game was extremely short.

I'm using the ashina cross right now, the damage is pretty sweet too. Deals a ton of health damage even through guard but I guess on NG+ the HP will be to bloated implying I will replay this game ever

At least it has different approaches to situations unlike move forward -> kill all dudes in order -> pick between two paths at best from other Souls

Speak with the pot noble in Hirata and Fountainhead repeatedly (you might need to buy some things from them). Each will give you a truly precious bait item. Speak with woman inside Fountainhead.

Feed the carp regular bait (4 times = 4 free scales), then feed one of the nobles and it dies.

I don't know why this is so fucking difficult for Yea Forums idiots to understand, but it's not possible to add weapons. The entire combat system has been built around your katana, that is why the gameplay is so good, and why the gameplay in Souls is so awful in comparison, because they have so much weapon variety that the combat can not have all these interactions between player and enemy.
For this sword clashing combat to work, they had to make a game about one weapon.

And you sound pretty stupid, it has more replay value than Souls games since it has 4 endings that actually have some unique boss fights to them. In Souls games there is no reason to ever play through again because the only difference is a different 10 second ending cutscene.

I find NG+ even more fun than NG, since you can't block or L1 mash anymore. It's so much harder than NG.

Absolutely amazing, but I almost dropped the damn thing because of how lame the very beginning was. Two-shots up the ass and a single potion dude, lmao.

Use your normal bait before truly special bait as the latter ends the carp interactions.

I haven't played bloodborne but this looks right to me.

I prefer the senpou punches. They come out quickly and usually don't get interrupted. Inchimonji needs a lot of set up and is regularly interrupted.

>RB RB LB LB LB LB RB RB LB LB LB LB B B RB LB LB LB LB A RL B RB RB RB LB LB LB LB
Probaby more like that desu

It's okay. Worse than BB and DS3.

Even better: ignore them entirely. The reward for killing them is shit, there's literally no reason to ever attempt one of them.

Is that due to Kuro's charm or is that just the default difficulty?
I'm gonna do Shura on NG+ and also to try the Temple skills. I'm at 80 hs on my first playthrough and there's no way I'm going to farm 200k exp to get them.

Honestly the minibosses are the worst part, 30-60 seconds of running back to them is just pointless. It's just an unnecessary delay because nothing can actually slow sekiro down

Ichimonji’s posture regeneration becomes invaluable in New Game +

You can eat that bitch like a sandwich with the nightjar slash, he does so many back dodge wind ups back to back. Nightjar slash is to owl what shurikens are to lady butterfly.

Implying I'm going to play again. It's definitely a one and done type deal, a good game to play but the game world was totally dull to the extent i just cared to get it done.

DS2 > Demon's Sperm > everything else

The temple skills are sadly a meme. That guy who was praising high monk before must have just been bad at normally reacting to sweeps, as that’s it’s only marginal value is auto techjumping them. Exorcism is good against mobs that you should already have 20 other ways to take down quickly. So not very exciting.

>Regular NPCs should be harder to kill
>There should be less bonfires
Those are my only complaints so far.

The punches are very good. Always a free hit on enemies and deals posture damage through blocks.

What is this, Bloodborne with swords?

Have you made it to New Game + yet? If you got all the prayer beads in your first playthrough (or 38/40), there’s almost no incentive to do anything but rush through the game as fast as possible to get the last lazuli upgrades you need, fight the one or two new bosses the ending route you chose adds, and watch the ending. Now a lot changes. People love to shit on Dark Souls 2 but take a look at everything that changes in that game on a New Game plus playthrough. Then factor in you can completely respec your character and play it in a different way. Sekiro doesn’t feel like a different game because I equip one Shinobi prosthetic over another or change my combat art. On new game plus it sets in how much you can just completely run past and skip and then playing just to see three other endings feels more like a chore than a fresh new experience.

Bloodborne with fewer swords

But the posture damage? Is that a meme too?
From the webms it looks like they have shorter windups and recoveries than 90% regular combat arts.

Ruined by the meme difficulty

It's a pet peevee, but one of the things I found Sekiro lacks is good shots in the cutscenes. Bloodborne was full of them, whereas Sekiro is very forgettable in that regard.

Bloodborne was unbeatable kino so best they didn't try.

Sure dude, you sound like the kind of person that only plays for instant gratification. It's not your kind of game, and that's ok.
But the game is even much better in NG+ since you take damage through blocking or badly timed parries.

Everything is fine except Shura ending.
How the fuck Owl dad shop up and said some shit that makes sekiro just go "ok bye fuck Kuro"?
At least make some reason or side quest that choice-based result(like fucked up some npc or something), to make player become shura.

Demon’s Souls is forgotten or overlooked too much because it’s not on PC and SOTFS is severely underrated on this board despite the fact there are some evangelical DS2 proponents here.

Kuros Charm difficulty. No reason to play NG+ without it active, since after NG you are good enough to easily beat the bosses by using blocking etc.
Activate Kuro's Charm at the start and let the true game begin, no more blocking or L1 mashing allowed.

Those monkeys fucked me harder than the horseman

Let's say I'm at 80 hs because I'm a scrub and every recent boss fight requires 6 hours of practice from me. Should I actually use the charm? Can you cancel its effects or restart into a fresh NG+?

No reward for doing so outside of internal pride just makes it a masochistic exercise. I get that it is the ultimate of got gud the game provides but it really feels like a missed opportunity.

A very solid game, but not without flaws. Besides technical problems, like the traditional shitty FROM camera, the most glaring one is the rollercoaster of difficulty. Levels are mostly easy as shit and even if you fuck up you nearly always can extract yourself from the mess. But a lot of mini-bosses and bosses are teeth-grindingly hard, which is made worse by the fact that often you need to clear a ton of mooks before challenging a miniboss.

It helps you really master the game, and that can be a fun challenge if you don't mind failing along the way.

You can cancel it, but if you do it you can only activate it again on your next NG+ cycle.

>They should be mini bosses
Finger whistle fucks them up,
Kite the first one into the pack, blow the whistle, grapple up to the nearby branch.

>like the traditional shitty FROM camera
It's the worst their camera has ever been in indoor areas. Unplayable at times, the fuck were they thinking

Yea Forums sucks at it

No u

What about the lock-on breaking in about 60% of the boss fights? I thought Japs were like God tier in math and programming.

This is even worse for me because the R3 on my controller is fucked and refuses to work sometimes

I'm having mixed feelings desu
>combat is great once you get the hang of it but being limited to one weapon kinda sucks
>platforming is pretty fun but it's all built around a single gimmick and it got stale about 15 hours in
>very little enemy variety
>stealth system is just dumb and easily exploitable, enemies literally stumble upon dead bodies and do nothing
>visuals are great and the atmosphere is amazing but the overall world design feels worse than every other soulsborne except maybe DS2

Overall it feels almost like a boss rush game and the world was created around it. I'd say it's somewhere around 8-8.5 game.

Bloodborne > DaS1 > DeS >>> Sekiro >>>>>>>>>>>> DaS2

This was so irritating, and made worse by the fact that fromsoft enemies can hit you through the same objects that are breaking your target lock. A boss can be completely unaffected by the a boulder on a battlefield between you and him and swing a giant spear or shoot a laser beam through it to kill you. Bullshit that’s been around since Demon’s Souls

youtu.be/YJoJOPdOGKg

Thank me later

Pros:
Combat system is amazing

Beautiful worlds, their best level design yet

Storyline is pretty cool, it has a good anime vibe like Ninja Scroll

Most boss fights are tough but fair. Learn to parry the combos and execute

I actually really like the soundtrack. It's always there but it doesn't dominate everything. Lady Butterflys theme is especially good

Runs really smooth on my 970GTX

Cons:
Shit camera

Copy pasted bosses

That's pretty much it. FROM really knocked it out the park with this one

Pretty sure I'm too casual for it, and I say this as someone that trucked through both BB and Nioh

Forgot about DaS3, I'd place it as equal to DeS

SOTFS is trash. It is overrated if anything.

Not at all, i just found the world very flat and dull. I replayed all other souls games numerous times.

It's amazing but I am so bad at video games it will probably take me over a year to beat like Bloodborne.

>SOTFS is severely underrated
Well, it's good old DaS2 except they utterly botched enemy placement and fucked with the Alonne Knight's AI, making for the most stupid moment in Souls history as they all aggro on your ass at the exact same second from a mile away. I quite like DaS2 and would seriously recommend anyone to play the vanilla version over SOFS. SOFS is an amusing romhack at most.

Lol thx user I giggled at the “clown”

The only game from From that managed to hold my interest up until NG+7 which is the difficulty cap, and even then i still want to replay some of the bosses.
Mastering parry is addicting, and finding new uses out of your prosthetics+consumables makes fighting bosses straight up bully-tier
Played DaS 1-3, BB and i'd say Sekiro does the combat better by far, level design, and bosses.
OST and >nobuilds is it's weak point and even then the game wouldn't function as well had it not been designed around katana fights.

Attached: 56582195_2907718375912670_5793046069164113920_n.jpg (960x540, 54K)

The game has nothing to offer but difficulty. Love the souls games but this is just no fun for me.

The only thing this game has to offer are the boss fights, and for me they are bad. I enjoy to learn enemy attacks and build a strategy. Sekiro has non clear hitboxes, ultra fast enemy movements ( more than bloodborne) and pretty much ALL attacks are a one hit KO. This makes the learn curve very tedious and time consuming. The other games mitigate that learning curve with rpg elements, iframes, exceptional 1HKOs, larger life pool,...Sekiro feels too obsesed with difficulty for the sake of it to me, with nothing to offer apart from that.

Other example are thatfastest way of kill the 90% of regular enemies is smashing attack button. And they are usually in larger groups to make things even worst. In general sekiro seems afraid of not putting an enemy every 2m.

Overall its just mediocre to me

I thought you died, Ken-sama!

>and finding new uses out of your prosthetics+consumables makes fighting bosses straight up bully-tier
What are the best tools in your opinion? Up till NG+3 I played mostly sword-only, but on NG+4 Owl was so darned tanky that I had to bully him with oil and fire to help a little.

Whew man even if you think it’s the worst Souls game it’s still better than 98% of video games ever made and that’s not counting App Store and indieshit. I’m talking actual video games. And for Souls fans to say it’s trash is just such a weird identity to cling to.
See I can respect that. Yeah the run to the smelter demon is probably the worst thing I experienced in any Souls game because of sotfs.

Damn.

Attached: 1440692143869.png (1000x800, 192K)

It didn't top Bloodborne or DaS1 which I hoped for. I'm not even sure if I liked it more than DaS3.

Still a really solid game though, easily better than anything western devs released in the past 5 years.

lmao you couldn't handle the game and got pissy

Attached: objectivetruth.jpg (600x1268, 484K)

SOTFS is a bad video game. It isn't only the worst FROM game, it is one of the worst games ever made.

>easily better than anything western devs released in the past 5 years.
more like 15 years

what about a chart ranging from SOUL to KINO

>Sekiro on par with DaS2
Put it in "Good" fgt

Attached: 1552859403878.png (285x267, 148K)

Shichimen warriors love to beam you to death through geometry.

>DaS2 anywhere but absolute dogshit tier

Attached: 1462742876903.jpg (800x800, 325K)

OK, now edit the image so half the cover of DaS1 sits at "Pure Ludo" and the other half at "Trash".

But it's not as good as those games. It's just ok.

I got to the Sunken Valley with the Giant Monkey and just uninstalled the game.

It's just not rewarding, Dark Souls had deliberate combat where you felt like you were overcoming the odds. All the bosses in this game follow the exact same pattern, 1) Parry all the combos 2) Evade backwards so your poise resets, 3) Parry 4) pray you don't get 2 shotted because your timing is slightly off.

This is just repetition. What is the difference between this and a JRPG?

>consumables
Snap 3x takes out 30% of Mibu Monk's health
Confetti+yashariku+pacifying makes short work of any apparitions
You can essentially refresh Ako sugar once you did Anayama's questline since he sells infinite amounts of it
>prosthetics
Spear for headless ape's stumbling after parry
Axe to extra punish sweeps (dropkick>L2 in midair)
Firecrackers is crutch for some bosses since some doesn't have cooldown, therefore liable to get stunlocked by it e.g: both versions of Monk
Umbrellas is GOAT, always keep one on me
>purple to hardcounter Shichimen's beam, and ape's roars
>red to hardcounter: ogre, red eyed enemies (Mizuo, etc) and DoH
Shuriken is VERY versatile, allowing you to keep up 100% pressure on almost all enemies with it's followup R1

Attached: 1553981636353.jpg (1268x1368, 80K)

>shitsona fag having any form of opinion
Yikes

You have not played many videogames to make such an absurd claim.

Wrong

Perfect.
Tnis should be in every from thread

>linear
Pft

I'm only up to the part with the blue samurai guys with the destructible slide doors. It's a very very scary game. A lot scarier than Bloodborne.

Anyone has a good screenshot of the golden buddha statues that appear in that cutscene before the Hall of Illusions? I want to use it as a wallpaper

Attached: 1553852008458.jpg (665x724, 72K)

While I can appreciatte that you are not one of those inseufferable MatthewMatosis hipsters that rank Demon Souls way higher than it deserves, your opinions is still total garbage and you should kill yourself

>DaS1 above BB when shit like BoC exists
>DaS2 not in trash

Attached: 1371894378307.png (389x450, 158K)

My opinions > Your opinions

Masterpiece.

Based
Scholar > Sekiro
even if Scholar was like 80 hours I still felt like replaying it as soon as it was over. That slapped together mess has such an ugly fucking charm to it.

>What is the difference between this and a JRPG?
I mean for starters Sekiro has absolutely nothing in common with a JRPG.

They need to increase basic enemie difficulty and put some variation when going into NG+, but other than that, I think the game stands amongst the better titles they put out.

>Snap takes out 30% of Monks HP

Does someone in the game inform you of this? How do people learn about this stuff instead of just randomly spamming all the items and hoping something works?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1200x800, 155K)

It's alright and makes Yea Forumseddit scream

Bloodborne should be equally recognised for having a weak second half.

Would be the best From game if stealth wasn't garbage and platforming wasn't alternating between X and L2

As it is it's below BB and DS1

it's an illusion
snap seeds work against illusions

DaS2 and 3 should be swapped.

Don't tell me you're a Sekirolet?
Look, Sekiro's combat is solid. But thar's more or less it.

Compared to the other games Sekiro comes short in juat about every other aspect from music to world building to replayability to availability of different playstyles through other weapons etc.

Also its stealth aspect is half-assed at best.

>When I learned you can actually dive like 15 hours into the game

Attached: ..png (825x960, 775K)

Nah, found it myself during one of the earliest help threads
NG+
>wait why are there exact same 2 corrupted monk with one being purple-transparent-y like the mook illusions?
>but i already killed em so whatever
NG+
>try the snap on a lot of shit
>literally made her stunned, and takes away a good chunk of vit

>muh builds
>muh weapons

The Katana in Sekiro is way more polished that the lmao2moves generic weapons from Souls series

Second half of BB wasn't anywhere near as bad as shit like Bed of Chaos

Why do you people keep saying this? Ichimonji, firecracker, follow up strike, puppeteer. Seriously do you people just not know how to utilize tools?

You can dive?

Probably my GOTY 2019, and there are some great games coming out later this year

Attached: 14743854654380.jpg (980x893, 111K)

Watch out for the Demon of Hatred

You get that after beating the a certain part. It's not something you can do inherently.

Uh sure if you say so.
It's like playing through Souls with only an uchigatana in every playthrough

It has a couple weak areas like Byrgenwerth and Lecture Building, but Nightmare of Mensis and Unseen Village were amazing, so they're not all stuck on the same portion of the game like DaS1.

Dark Souls had two bad levels in the form of Demon Ruins and Lost Izalith. The rest are good. The second half of Bloodborne is mostly middling.

>"Sekiro bosses don't have health/posture bloat you FUCKING CASUAL!"
Miyazakami made another perfect game.

Attached: sekiroattackupgrades.png (480x360, 186K)

Is it something deep in the game then? I saw a fish boss underwater behind the castle and I want to go kill it.

Still stuck at corrupt monk in mibu desu

It’s got way better enemy and level design

Actual spoiler you get it after beating that exact boss So push on, friend.

literally after that very same boss
snap seeds x3, divine confetti and firecrackers to wreck his shit in

Nightmare frontier, mensis and bygenwerth were all amazing.

Tomb of Giants was pure shit too, and Seath's area wasn't exactly fun although at least it didn't feel half-assed like the rest. I'm of the opinion that New Londo is the only good area in the second half of DaS1.

That’d be really dumb

I can't be assed to farm the monkeys for snapseeds, and I am out of divine confetti.

I didn't know firecrackers worked on him, I thought those only worked on animals.

>Nightmare of Mensis
Letdown bosses
>Unseen Village
The area with the red mist enemy buffs? That's the worst level in the game. It's only saved by the cool twist that it wraps back around into the prison area the bag men take you to

Tomb of Giants is perfectly fine except for the cancerous meat grinder of massive tomb of skeleton giants where the Divine Ember is

Sekiro has no atmosphere, no soul, no memorable boss themes and no passion in it.

It's a product made to fit guide lines
Dark Souls and Bloodborne are the results of people loving their work and just going by what they felt like doing.

>Sekiro has no atmosphere, no soul, no memorable boss themes and no passion in it.
It has all of those things though.

Game is deceptive in it’s linearity. Yeah you can go fight corrupted monk before the guardian ape. You can explore gun fort and Senpou Temple before beating Genichiro but it’s almost pointless because you don’t get the means to progress deeper in until after beating him. You have options what directions to travel and when but they don’t really amount to the choice you’re given in dark souls where so much of the world loops in on itself.

Lmao you fell for the git gud meme

It would make more sense lore wise and also makes the revive system have a point. Currently apart from raging there is zero reason to ever not revive. They might as well have just made you take half damage.

not needed desu, and after you beat like 2-3 bosses after it you gain the ability to buy infinite seeds and confetti so just keep pushing on with crackers m8

Wrong.

>
You don't know what you're talking about

You sound like a cuck who gets triggered by these two words

git gud

>That's the worst level in the game
Well, opinions for you. I liked it quite a bit, and I think you can at least see it's a proper full-fledged area with proper level design and challenging enemies.

Shit like Byrgenwerth and Lecture Building is just kind of there, one is ultra short, the other is just a bunch of rooms you can explore without any measure of challenge.

>buzzwords

Opinion discarded

>Tomb of Giants was pure shit too
Not at all, Catacombs and Tomb are both good. Tomb forces the player to explore with a new sense of tension and dread. Catacombs is 4-2 from Demon's Souls but with way better level design. Duke's Archives is short but good. Crytal Cave is aesthetically beautiful and brings a nice variety to the game's aesthetic, but the invisible bridges are a bit stupid, though thankfully short. New Londo is great.

>you see the game might have branching paths and a non-linear progression but IT'S STILL LINEAR

DS1 is linear because no matter what you do in Part 1 you still end up in Anor Londo

how would it be dumb
now there's absolutely no reason not to use the revive, you're only spreading the dragonrot more if you dont use it

it would make sense to have a drawback to using it
but instead you have a drawback to not using it

> being taken to the prison without reading a guide on ng+
So you're a shitter then

I like it, on my way through NG+3.
It clicked for me and i find very satisfying pressuring bosses.

I didn't play Bloodborne's NG+. What are you on about?

It was all fine and fucking dandy until the last boss. Is this fucking guy is an asshole. If they patch one thing make it this fucker. Idk whats off about it but it feels like this nigga is straight up cheating

It has good bosses but he was right on everything else.

>mfw going HYPER aggressive and making the bosses literally can't do anything but do flimsy counterattacks which i've already memorized the pattern on and punish accordingly

Attached: 1553758860382.jpg (400x408, 45K)

Not him, but punishing you for using the main gimmick of the game is a certain kind of harsh bullshit, punishing you for dying is fine obviously.
I liked the res gimmick though, and killing enemies to regain your res points was neat.

I finished it yesterday and to me it's a bad game because of technical issues

It’s a pretty linear progression. Make it to Ashina and beat Genichiro.
Collect the stone and flower.
Make it back to Ashina and beat Owl.
Choose your ending.
Do the endgame

This game has ridiculously potent atmosphere, you're dead wrong.

the best soulsbornekiro hands down

cannot wait for DLC since they have a history of being even better than the base games

Hesitation is defeat, user

Sekiro is pretty mediocre all things considered

DS1 is so linear

>Make it to Anor Londo
>Get the bowl
>Kill 4 bosses
>Do the endgame
>pick your ending

git gud user
There's nothing hard about him besides phase 1 of Isshin

I play vidya for entertainment so the difficulty isn't a selling point for me. All around the game is pretty good but nothing amazing. I didn't feel the same level of excitement as i did playing Dark Souls, Bloodborne or Demon's Souls. Flavor of the month but i think i will forget about it in a year or two.

One of my favorite games. Played 50 hours in under a week, super satisfying game feel, great learning experience, interesting mechanics to explore, great exploration. Hopefully DLC is as good as in the last games.

After a few playthroughs though, I have little interest in playing any more. The combat is relatively shallow with no meaningful customization to change how to works from playthrough to playthrough, the freedom in structure doesn't make for any navigation and really just results in a few choices in the order you want to tackle bosses. Doing a fight without doing all the optional stuff which sort of overlevels you is the only interesting challenge, just watch Lobos' no upgrades run, there's no more depth there and fights play out the same way regardless of power level.

Why is linearity bad? I'd like a bit more linearity in Sekiro desu
>beat Genichiro and Kuro tells me I need to go do some stuff
>I've already fought all the way through the buddhist temple
>I've already jumped down the hole and fought all the way to corrupted monk
>have to listen to them have a conversation about maybe jumping down the hole I jumped down 10 hours ago
>already fought all the way to the gun fortress where I need the key I just picked up from Kuro's room

Look how much that opens up when you’re hunting the great souls, not to mention the optional areas like painted world. Sekiro you get minor optional areas to acquire the tools for the return ending and you get just a few optional bosses

2/3 revives don't refill just from resting so that's a reason to not use them every time possible. For lore, the dragon blood allows you to rise again but if it's not ready it will be forced to happen, infecting those close. Something like that. I kind of agree that reviving isn't very interesting, but I don't think it's that pointless.

Being killed and taken by the hooded guys at that stage is just poor playing.

Worst game I've never played.

Literally 2/3 of the comments are how boring the world and story was.

I don't care.

Revives only matter during boss battles so that's irrelevant.

>bandwagoning with normalfags
Not a good look. This is why we shouldn't let gaijins play Japanese games.

Nonsense if you want to fit in here you have to irrationally hate DS2 the most

Really disappointed with the story. I thought that the reason previous titles had this cryptic, weird way of telling plot was purely stylistic, but nope, apparently that's all From can do. Especially after all the talk of how "preset main character will allow us to focus more on his story" it's baffling that 90% of his lines are "......."/yes/no/grunt. And the rest of the cast are still stuck standing in one spot repeating their lines with minimal animation.
Here is one example that really irked me, sculptors transformation into the demon. Yeah he talked about his anger issues, and carved wrathful buddas, but the impression is that's it's all past. Then suddenly he snaps, unprovoked (the temple has no signs of invasion near it or anything). A different, competent studio, would have foreshadowed this event somehow. Maybe after one too many sake the sculptor gets a little too worked up and break a statue, etc. Then after a transformation there would be a burned path from the temple and samurai corpses. Not to the point of spoon feeding, but just so there is a little sense to thing (not like there was anything subtle about the old lady after the fight going "did you know who that was? sculptor lmao")

I think Bloodborne has set a precedent for big cheesy gothic horror settings being "true atmosphere", so they look on something more quirky and subtle like Sekiro negatively.

Sekiro is good, but I think From's next title will be better.

99% of those comments are from people who couldnt get past the ogre
>ugh this game is so linear!

It's still the honeymoon phase. Give it time.

Game is linear you will realize it when you are on your third and fourth play through a etc. it will sink what is required of you and what you are wasting your time at because the game doesn’t want you doing yet.

please spoiler that shit, fucking idiot

Wow, it's like there's no foreshadowing of Shura being a demon who lurks battlefield and Ashina has done a great karmic debt as a warmongering territory
It's like there's no foreshadowing why he's in that temple which the outside is absolutely littered with wards
It's almost like Isshin and Emma don't tell you of the risk of Shura and can piece it together after all that
It's terrifyingly like the Central Forces's invasion doesn't play a part in Shura getting massively buffed and Orangutan knowing his time is up, up and goes to the battlefield rather than risking his loved ones (Emma)

Attached: 659CD3FC127F407C8BE12BDA018801AB.jpg (480x480, 29K)

DS2 is the worst game I HAVE played.

Lol alright you’re in

>which the outside is absolutely littered with wards
Shit, never noticed that. That's real interesting.

It was pretty ho-hum. At least I could follow the story this time, well the immortal severance ending I got anyway.

Sekiro himself sucks though. Fucking weak bitch closet pedo ass nigga

>subtle like Sekiro
I don't think this game has a single subtle bone in its entire body. Those were the best parts too. Dragon tears and cursed swords, The Golden Child starring Eddie Murphy, and strange flowers that bloom in some valley, sakura trees, strange temples, tampering with secret arts, old masters and all that shit.

Im i missing something? How the fuck can people on youtube beat isshin with base posture while deflecting all of his hits without breaking their posture. While i have all the beads in the game and i cant withstand more than 3-4 hits? What im i doing wrong? Or are these people fucking with the .inis?

What are you doing in this thread? Go play the game idiot.

I love the game but got to agree with this slightly. The generic YOOOO setting just doesnt really do it for me. If ive seen one japanese temple castle thing ive seen them all

get some taste

You need to go along 3 linear paths to a boss on each after reaching the castle. You can also do Senpou early, but not its boss. The game is a ton of fun to explore first time through, I felt like I always had 2-5 areas to do something in or with, but once you know how it all fits together there's never any reason to nor any way to break the structure and it might as well be entirely linear. Even DS3 had more interesting nonlinearity for replayability and navigation, with a lot more optionals and early Dancer.

Pretty sure confetti doesn't work on her

When you deflect an attack, your posture can't break from its damage. If you deflect every hit you will never reach max posture.

If you perfectly time your deflects your posture will never break.

It's shit.
*AHEM*
Demon souls is shit
Dark souls is shit
Dark souls 2 is shit
Dark souls 3 is shit
Bloodborne is shit
Sekiro is shit
Any future games will be shit

Attached: xx1552979891474.jpg (1087x1080, 125K)

Sekiro is great. Just not "game of the decade" tier like DaS or BB.

I guess it's my bad for missing those hints by choosing to forgo visiting the stuck in the ground NPCs after every boss to clicking through their monotonous dialog in hopes of new options opening up. This whole "show, don't tell" principle of story telling is overrated anyway

Bloodborne was much beyond gothic horror. Nor was sekiro quirky, the best moments like the fountainhead was just a worse version of the lecture hall anyway.

Give a Dragonspring Sake to Isshin, it sheds the most light on why Orangutan is there. Why he's kept alive (past relationship with the whole cast), why Isshin had to be the one to cut his arm and why he carved those buddha statues.
The bad ending also sheds light on the past would-be Shura.

Confetti works for every boss, it's used on the monks because it's one of the most impactful fights to increase DPS in.

BB = Sekiro >>> Souls

Is it just me or is wolf's design pretty shit? Hes just looks like a plain old dude that had some flour thrown at his head

>Confetti works for every boss
What?

It's a very good game and it's good seeing Fromsoft on form.
The game does sometimes feel like a bit of a slog. I could play any of the Souls games all day long, but Sekiro burns me out a lot faster. Focusing on parrying is an interesting change of direction but it means you need to constantly be on point, one slip and you get fucked.
I also find myself noping the fuck out of areas a lot more frequently due to practically getting one-shot.

I'm interested to see what speed runners do with it though.

it is the best souls game released, there were a lot of fantastic moments

the camera was annoying however when i was cornered against a wall

Oh enlightened one please tell us what you class as a good game?

youtube.com/watch?v=7-_ll1wdf1E
oh no no no no
our guy is unable to enjoy it it needs an easy mode fast!!

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (421x316, 20K)

Speed runners have already got the game down to about an hour. There’s not much to it when you know what you’re to do.

Maybe there's some it doesn't but pretty sure, yeah. It's like a resin, pretty weak but it saves like 10 sec on guardian ape for example.

>literally a video essay on "i don't like thing because it's not my thing but it's not bad"
I don't get why he even puts this video up

Sekiro retroactively made me wish that Bloodborne had been an even faster game and it would probably have been better if it cut upgradable stats as well.

Sekiro is FROM's best single player game and Dark Souls 2 is their best single/multiplayer game.

It’s almost like his entire life has been a cry for attention hmm very profound wow loud fat guy dirty humor lol made me chuckle sorry your mom abused you fella

Released this year yeah

FAP FAP FAP UGH U-U-U-UGH!!!

Attached: 1551658234236.gif (280x280, 1.57M)

just got to fire bull.

What the fuck? Why is this 10 times harder than the mounted guy moments before?

thats not what i said

You can parry him. That's what hold everyone up.

Also if you just constantly sprint chasing him in a wide circle it trivializes him.

Yikes, lots of zoomers today
Oh right. Sunday, no school.

Well, not that user but I've played so many video games that there are PLENTY better than dark souls 2 sotfs. I don't know why everyone hypes it up, it changes enemy placements and in plenty of areas just adds to them, which is one of the things people didn't like in the original game. It adds Aldia who adds some lore sure, but it doesn't make up for the consistent gang bangs, bosses with adds, downgraded and frankly ugly graphics/art style, terrible bosses, nonsensical and lazily disgned areas, music which is nowhere near as memorable as the others (majula is excellent though) and the DLC as far as I'm concerned is overrated only because its all better than the base game, which leads people to think they're amazing. I didn't like the iron King dlc overall but at least it had 2 good bosses. Sure, build variety and pvp were great, but that's never what souls was, at least for me.

It's his job isn't it? and I'm sure his viewers hounded him about it.

there's probably thousands of e-celebs and streamers playing Sekiro right now because their fans were begging them to do it.

I just dodged through him a lot and kept chipping away at his health with an occasional well timed parry and a firecracker or two. Hes not that hard

How is that NOT playing the game? Dodging for opportunities to take down vit means his posture will go down slower when yoy deflect. You clearly don't know how to play the game.

How is he doing with Sekiro?

>yikes
>dark souls 1 worshipper

What the fuck is wrong with linear? I hate you open world cunts, go play anthem

Sure and despite all that I’ll still sink an 80 hr playthrough in it once in a while.

>no potions just rice
>monkey 2nd form is at 6% health
>rush to it try to kill it
>he does his instakill shit
>too late to run away come on wolf, JUST DO IT
>couldn´t kill die
>REEE.....but wait
>do you want a revive?
>ORAAAAAAAAAAA
fuck you you shitty disgusting ape.

BB>Sekiro>Das>Des>Das3>Das2

I think it's a good game with some pretty obvious flaws.
>Mediocre and forgettable OST
>Spirit Emblens are a uselss mechanic since you get a trillion of them
>No way to preview or test skills before buying them
>Extremely limited training dummy
>Divine Aid is another absolutely useless mechanic

Incredible

nioh is dog shit tho, I dont understand how anyone can enjoy that fucking game the loot system is so terrible and the only redeemable feature is that you can change stances which is pretty cool

As mentioned already several times, the more open structure in Dark Souls lent to part of the replay value. Sekiro is a one playthrough game with 4 endings.

Still cumming.

I do like the game. My biggest problems with the game is that the normal enemies are super easy and there are way to many of them. The same tactic works on them for a long time. Also, most action games have multiple weapons and diffrent playstyles and there just ain that much here, the prostetic weapons and combat art are not enough. I would like diffrent weapons and stuff like that but i know that it is never gonna happen. Stealth is also very bare boned, it is not the focus of the game but i think that i needed more things to make good stealth. The AI is dumb, From has never been good at making AIs in games and that is very apperent in this game, with the speed and verticality of Sekiro. But i do like Miazakis bullshit, the bosses, the story and tone. The atmosphere, progression with the story and character. In the end im glad i got it. 7.5/10.

Sprint after him. He constantly runs away from you and does that drift to turn around.
it's pretty funny because it becomes almost like you're chasing him around.
also: wall-jumps are overlooked.

good

I really like it. It is fun.
Personally, I got tired of same souls games. DeS and DS1 were the only one I beat. DS2 was the same old shit and I didn't even buy DS3.

Overall incredibly nice. Enemy balance feels right, time between bosses/mini-bosses is pretty quick, good enemy variety. Divine Confetti is a bit retarded, some prosthetics feel weak (looking at you, poison dagger thing), and most of the arts feel kind of shit to use (bad damage/time[/skill] investment value). Other than those three complaints though I can't remember any specific problems with the game. In addition, basically no FPS drops with a 6700K and 1080@1080p. While that's not exactly terrible impressive, it is nice that From got better at their PC ports.

yeah have fun beating that "fish" once you get the ability to dive

>at no point does he elaborate why he doesn't like the game
Is he afraid of offending his fans or something? what a fat faggot

Yeah that boss is a real feeding frenzy

Very good, about to start NG+3 and with each playthrough I notice new little details and animations which only enhance the experience and appease my inner katana wielding weeb, good shit

That brain damaged retard plays Musou games. That should tell you all you need to know when it comes to his proactive not only to action games but life in general.

Would be my 10/10 but camera and losing lock target likes to fuck you sometimes.
Solid demanding game, great combat system. I wish to be more games like that.

Didn’t like it

>what is fountainhead palace

the feeling you get from beating bosses after many tries is even better than in the souls games
you truly have to git gud and study their movesets which are now way more varied and demanding several inputs with different timings
by far the best combat system they've ever designed
the rest of the game is on DS3 levels of polish in terms of level/world design and NPCs, so very solid yet not as amazing as DS1 or Bloodborne
overall probably a close second to DS1 and slightly above Bloodborne for me

Get a stack of action games and crank up the difficulty. That should do the trick.

unfortunately it's only one area out of the entire game. Getting there was a huge breath of fresh air, but for the most part everything else is pretty samey

I don't really see it that way, I see using Kuro's Charm as the intended way to play the game, and NG is like an easy mode.

THE GOTYAY

>very little enemy variety
Wat
Literally has new enemies in every single zone, and even in old zones when you return to them later in the story

Why, when he's wrong. Sekiro is their best game yet, by far.

I want to fuck Kuro

Very good game
But i'd still rather have a dark souls formula game instead, or at least more options. Maybe for the sequel ?
The replayability just isn't there in sekiro and i value that a lot.

>get to the ape
>figure him out
>second phase fucks me
>git gud
>beat second fight with Headless Ape and his bitch first try
>get to Owl (father)
>get fucked by him
>beat his ass the next day
>get to Demon moments later
>get fucked by him nonstop
>stuck on him
>fianlly check online to see what people are saying about it after a month of avoiding spoilers
>people say final boss is harder
>the secret ending, which I've unlocked, apparently has a tough boss as well
>mfw I can't believe I ever used to feel good about beating Headless Ape first try
Everytime I do something I feel goodabout, something new crops up to fuck me. 10/10 great game.

Attached: ah fuck.png (268x325, 87K)

I don't like it because its too difficult. Yes I know I'm casual. I'm not able for hard games anymore. I used to love hard games when I was a kid and teen though.

>Is he afraid
oh you bet he is. in his last podcast he was complaining a lot because the game has no easy mode but stayed quiet in this video since he know even his paypigs wont be happy about it.

can someone explain why the ministry shinobis only have 1 arm?

The item description literally tells you it affects apparitions. The monk appears out of thin air and looks weird like the apparitions of Ashina guys that show up in the forest and other places. One of them pops up right after the Sakuza bitch's arena, right before you get to the monk, to remind you of this. You'd have to be playing with your brain turned off to miss this.

Attached: hiss.jpg (325x326, 59K)

>I saw a fish boss underwater behind the castle and I want to go kill it.
>fish boss

Attached: jesus loves you child.gif (200x200, 1.8M)

????

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-31 14-45-59-684.jpg (1920x1080, 305K)

I love it. I beat it yesterday and it probably sits alongside Bloodborne as my two favorite From games. I hope they never go back to the Souls series and do more unique IPs.

mfw just brute forced it and bludgeoned him with my blunt sword.

Attached: 1505983009078.png (658x662, 37K)

How is this on base PS4?

Good enough for me to get to NG+6

fine

It tries too much to appeal to the "hardcore" gamer

>A different, competent studio, would have foreshadowed this event somehow.
This is how you out yoursef as a faggot who didn't get any of the character convos or lore

The later parts at the castle made me physically ill, the entire game fucking tanks hard. Other than that I didn't have any trouble playing it.
I have a very high tolerance for this stuff through.

Anyone? Why did I go through the kite stuff when I end up between two dead ends?

Come back later, I'm pretty sure you have to go through the gun fort door first

I meant "more subtle", in comparison to Bloodborne. A scary feudal Japan setting is more original than a scary gothic/Lovecraftian horror setting. They are the go-to themes for a game that's meant to be "scary" ("scary" in the sense that enemy encounters are often brutal and tense, not in the "survival horror" way, though the two are connected).
>Bloodborne was much beyond gothic horror
It was just horror tropes through-and-through, really. It was silly and campy. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't think it's a shining example of atmosphere in video games.
Sekiro is very quirky. Giant enemy chickens, big fat sumo wrestlers chasing you around with hammers, a boss that's a raging bull with firewood between its horns, little gremlin men with hat-shields etc.

Most action games aren't similar to Sekiro, though.

They really dropped the ball with the divine dragon boss fight,
>F1 gimps appear and die in 1 hit.
>F2 jump to the tree about to be hit by lightning a couple of times
>win

nice use of a grapling hook and a giant dragon boss.

The noticeable drops only happen when you're whiping around on the rooftops so combat is largely fine. I imagine it's infinitely better on PC overall so I'll get it there once I upgrade my GPU. Base PS4 is working fine for me till then.

>every single sentence he spits out is self-contradictory vacuous bullshit
Jesus Christ games journos are fucking cancer retards

Sekiro = BB with DLC > DS3 > Nioh > DS1 > DS2

Attached: 1473877070035.jpg (1200x900, 130K)

raging alot

>friend dropped the game the moment he saw the ape again standing in the cave

Attached: 1553462697374.jpg (602x649, 56K)

Hated it. Thought combat was ass and completely tedious. The levels are mind-numbingly easy and the bosses are hard in the most annoying trial-and-error way. Only boss that didn't feel like total bullshit was Demon of Hatred.

Can you do this in Sekiro?

Thought so!

Attached: NGB.webm (640x480, 2.87M)

Git gud

>Dodge grab attack
>Get grabbed anyway
>Don't do anything
>Grab misses
lol ok kid

more like 30 years

>"OMG Lady Butterfly is literally DS3 DLC final boss difficult!!!"
>"Imput lag!"
>"I was dodging what the fuck"

>ninja gayden
Yikes

>Only boss that's good is the one that plays like a dark souls boss
get gud soulsbab

Damn NG was so perfect from the get go they could shit out sequels every year while keeping the base mechanics and just adding new enemy types and weapons

Tells you something about Sekiro's shit combat, doesn't it?

Sekiro reminded me a lot of Ninja Gaiden 3.

It tells me that you need to get gud

>Owl and Wolf meet again
>" I thought you died dad"
>"nope"
>"oh okay"
Are they both autistic

Attached: 1534790457576.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Owl was like "did you really expected me to die to some thugs? Son, I disappoint"

'dad is kill'
'no'

8.5/10
Pretty great game, but overrated and could use a lot of corrections and fixes.
If Fromsoft builds upon the gameplay a bit more then they could have another real masterpiece on their hands.
It's not as bad as Dark Souls 2 and 3 though, just not as good as BB and Dark Souls 1.

Way too annoying at first but gets more fun when you have more health and can actually take a hit and don't instantly die when the enemy sneezes in your general direction

Attached: sekiro 2019-03-28 17-16-54-408.jpg (1920x1080, 747K)

I can't help but agree with you. There are a couple of areas in the game that I think are quite nice, but none of them really reach the full potential of what you can do now with all the crazy mobility, and the rest of them are just kinda bad.

>Nioh literally makes you go the same level several times for different missions and it was ok.

If it were more fantasy driven instead of just the divine dragon/mortal blade then the rest is normal human NPCS or Memories of those NPCS and they fade to ash as you kill them.
Not saying sekiro is anywhere near realistic. But you have to remember the game is based in a time that ACTUALLY happened in real life. where war was always going on and shit wasn't prosperous.

>Dark Souls 1
>Good

Sekiro has 1's world design without being a shit game.
What goes does it do that DkS1's world is well connected when every path in that world leads to a massive half finished turd of an area?

What good*

If From continues the trend of god-like DLC then this game is going to be easy 10/10

Lot of the areas in Sekiro were surprisingly boring.

>Sekiro has 1's world design
What the fuck are you smoking?

>Sekiro has 1's world design without being a shit game.
It doesn't by having fast-travel from the outset
>What goes does it do that DkS1's world is well connected when every path in that world leads to a massive half finished turd of an area?
But they don't. The only mediocre area is Lost Izalith, and possibly Demon Ruins.

I don't think so. 9.5/10 at most. There's the big cliffhanger sequel bait ending that's just too large to finish in just a dlc and other than that there's the bells, but I think there are some deeper problems with the game that new content, however good it might be, cannot fix.
I can only hope the sales are good enough for From to start on a Sekiro 2 and follow up on the sequel bait ending.

>only good boss is the Souls boss
>which is also the boss the Sekirosperm complain is too hard
Could it possibly be that the one boss where you can't go into braindead autopilot parry mode is difficult to the Sekirosperm because Souls bosses take actual thought? Could it be that Souls bosses are actually more difficult than Samurai Simon Says? It can't be! G-git gud!

>Sekiro has 1's world design without being a shit game.
Nigger, you have fast travel from the start and waypoints every five feet. Almost every level is a tunnel with a dead end a la DaS2 and DaS3. The start of the game is a linear progression to the castle with one divergence, exactly the same as DaS3.

Not to mention Sekiro has its own version of the fucking volcano elevator.

>wanting sekiro 2
no thanks, dlc would be the best thing and then they should make a new IP

it's alright, would be great with some changes
Pros
>Setting/Story is well executed
>Skill trees and gadgets give tangible gameplay options
>Enemy moveset variety
>Level design
>Reaction based combat is actually difficult
Cons
>Enemies all have magnetic attack tracking instead of "logical" tracking. Besides being a design crutch creates artificially frustrating situations where attack telegraphs are bodyblocked out of players view while still being aimed directly towards them.
>Camera is buggy in certain situations
>Deflect can be spammed through everything, needs to be changed so that improper timing and spam is punished
>Repeatedly attacking as a means of inflicting posture fatigue and capitalizing on openings isn't very interesting. There needs to be more active skills available at once with drawnbacks to each

How does the elevator not make sense in sekiro?

1.) People said fighting humanoid opponents in a feudal Japan setting for 30+ hours would get boring, and they were kinda' right.
2.) People said you'd be able to get every skill in a single playthrough and them plus prosthetics weren't enough for multiple playthroughs, and they were pretty much right. You might want to get the loli impregnation ending, but otherwise, you're not playing it again.
3.) People said you couldn't have several Soulsborne features due to the focus on story. That's false. Other than the opening cinematic and Sekiro's white spot from dragonblood, there's nothing that solidifies what his character has to look like. Or even sound like: he has very few lines of dialogue. Currently, I'm unaware of what From worked on instead of implementing multiple weapons, online, etc.
4.) Despite there being only eleven bosses who aren't a glorified mini-boss or gimmick, they still had to recycle four. At the very least, Mibu's Monk should've been something else, and Headless Ape should've fought differently.
5.) Wish the game had more Japanese folklore shit in it. I at least expected to fight a giant golden bodhisattva and maybe meet some fox-people.
6.) The underground area is underwhelming. It's so creepy at first, you see a couple spooky tunnels, and then it just becomes mini Blighttown.
7.) They said they wanted this game to focus more on story, but I have no fucking idea what's going on.
8.) The twists are weaker than I was expecting.
9.) Why introduce carp and then have them disappear for 20 hours?
10.) Dragonrot is just nothing.
11.) A second mortal blade. Really?
12.) Why give me a choice to help Kuro or not if you're just going to force me into doing it?
13.) Third act needed to be longer. You get some ninjutsu and prosthetics towards the end of the second act, but barely have time to use them.
14.) Owl "died" and you got injured three fucking years ago, but the beginning of the game makes it sound like yesterday.

Otherwise, I loved it.

I don't mean the actual water wheel elevator, I mean the shortcut from Kuro's room to the dilapidated temple.

>no theyre easy if you use that one item you get after clearing the area
genius

LI isn't mediocre, it's outright insultingly shit and that is why even the devs thought it was best to let you skip it if you want. TotG is a mess and I have yet to hear from someone that they look forward to doing the archives + crystal cave to fight a boss with no moves.
Also Anor Londo is so overrated it's not even funny. The first thing you are encountering there is shit AI killing itself everywhere and the flying demons that brought you there falling to their deaths, what scrub kind of presentation is that?

>11.) A second mortal blade. Really?
Yeah, where the fuck did that come from anyways?

Attached: 1535598116035.png (552x688, 358K)

That's not even remotely the same thing though, might as well criticize that the other shinobi shit like making corpses fight for you doesn't make sense either. Also we have no idea what lies inbetween the shortcuts

It's shit and the "anons" that love eating this shit are subhumans.

>LI isn't mediocre, it's outright insultingly shit
BoC and the dragon asses are, the rest is just fairly mediocre with a smattering of decent level design ideas and a cool-looking environment.
>TotG is a mess
No it isn't. You're confusing your own discomfort playing it with its actual quality
>The first thing you are encountering there is shit AI killing itself
Three enemies accidentally falling doesn't suddenly make the entire level bad.

i didnt like it after ~3 hours

Best game this year
Top 3 game of the decade
Only mario maker and bloodborne are above it.

>Three
More
Also it makes the presentation really bad, the archers balancing on 1 inch ground isn't much better either. Anor Londo's entire architecture is massive meme with human sized doors and windows so far up the light should not even reach anything and of course the bosses just being 2 1999 tier AIs getting in each others way
More like Anal Londork

a ok but boring game. the difficult is mostly artificial( bullet sponges that kill you with 1/2 hits unless you really love parrying) with shitty hit boxes and a lot of tracking. loved parrying your way through Dark Souls? this game was made for you.

With camera issues like that the game is impossible to be rated higher than 7. Fix that shit already From. It has been how many years now? Jesus H. Christ. Other devs found solutions for it too, years ago.

fantastic bosses
level design is pretty subpar but the areas are nice
combat art and prosthetics are horribly balanced
its a nitpick but some alt costumes would have been nice, its practically an action game staple
better than base bloodborne but below BB + DLC

Japanese shrines and castles may be repetitive, but the level design is still really quite fantastic and varied. A few parts are basically the same as each other, but the outliers and set pieces really stick out

>Find hidden item
>Its just another balloon or other useless shit

Attached: 1528440836822.jpg (1200x1200, 198K)

based and REDPILLED

What else would there be, this game has no items. Very rarely it's a prayer bead, at least

>Deflect can be spammed through everything, needs to be changed so that improper timing and spam is punished.
Kuro's charm.

game needed skill point items
finding an item you can pop for 25 or 50% of your exp bar or even just a free skill point would have been at least something decent

I didn't like it up until Genichiro and now I have over 100 hours put into the game.
Sekiro has surpassed Bloodborne for me.

>Upgraded firecrackers

Attached: rh.jpg (1280x720, 74K)

I actually love it. It took me a while to get over the learning curve, but once I did everything became amazing. Lady Butterfly is the greatest teacher for the game's mechanics and I'm really glad I fought her early on.

>level design is pretty subpar
No it isn't, explain why.

everything a straight line with idols every 4 feet
dont get me the wrong the levels are fine just not up to the level of some of the previous games

liked it
consider the combat my favorite out of from's games
best level design and progression since ds1
didn't mind the lack of different weapons or armor on my first playthrough, but I'm in no hurry to do NG+ and I think that might be the main contributor
still prefer ds1 and bloodborne world/lore, but I liked sekiro's more than I thought I would

Attached: 1539583159537.gif (180x280, 246K)

>everything a straight line
Not true, but that has no bearing on a level's quality. Mega Man levels are straight lines, but the design is still great.

The combat system is the best that from has made. Time will tell whether i like it more than bloodborne overall. As it currently stands i do.

My biggest criticism is the rewards for exploration. There isnt a huge incentive to go out and hunt for items as your never awarded with anything exciting. You find a hidden path only for there to be some pellets and sugar at the end of it. The same could be applied to the npc quests too.

The most enjoyable time in a single-player game I've had since the first Dark Souls.
I have little incentive to play it again after finishing all the endings though. I might do some challenge runs after a while.

It's the bad kind of difficult, not the good kind. Uninstalled at le rape ape, I don't have a problem with hard games but I have a problem with autistic games that waste your time, this game isn't worth gitting gud at.

>bad kind of difficult
Elaborate

If you look at it from a Souls perspective, yeah, Nioh is dog shit. If you look at it from an action/diablo style game, it's a really good game.

It's not even close to DS or BB.

It feels incredibly dumbed down. The mechanics are waaaay more casual than a DS game. The music is completely forgettable. The setting is bland and boring. It was just a generic forgettable themepark ride AAA game.

Better than souls not better than BB. If the atmosphere and level design was better it mightve been closer.

Why does the dragon only have one - and the wolf? Why did both you and emma get found on a battlefield and give rice to save your life? Because the real lore is that you are all the same person: a hikikomori on a mushroom trip. From has done it again.

Did what I do with every Souls game.
Turned the game off for a few days and then got back into it a couple of days ago.
Things are starting click. Taking out the ogre was great. First boss felt kind of like a pushover in comparison.

Are you me? These are my EXACT thoughts on Heineken Souls 2.
>B-BUT MUH PEE vee PEE

PvPfags are the cancer of this series. Almost every negative thing about Soulsborne can be attributed to From trying to appease PvP faggots.

Attached: 1533399511895.png (1180x842, 246K)

Oh so you meant sekiro is more reddit and so random! Big chickens and a gorilla who FARTS on you!?! Sign me up good sir.

He's shit at the game.

I disliked that they overhauled the combat system but kept the estus flask in. Like you get hit and then you have to run away to heal up unless you want to die which takes you out of the flow of combat. I don't know what the fuck it would be but they should come up with a new system that forces you to be aggressive if you want your HP back.

Enemies can be cheesed very easily, running breaks bosses, as well as point blank rotating/defelct-attack sequences locking bosses in to only few moves, there is also a lot of examples of bosses being super dumb. In this regard combat is not polished at all and game looks dated af.
Upgrades/prosthetics are not very usefull. Ok look, firecrackers are obviously good because they straight up stun enemies. Flame vent is good against red eyes (found two of them in the whole game). Everything else is just a style thing. Some combat arts costing emblems make no sense. Ninjutsu cost is also confusing.
"second mortal blade" kek
no replayability
Its an ok game though, not higher than 6-7/10

Lovecraft is a lot more reddit than any of that I'm afraid.

Trial and error, enemies doing bullshit you had to know beforehand to react.
But since if you die you can come back and in a second get back to the bonfire and retry the place, it doesn't feel as bullshit.

I try to play each area perfectly before getting to the bosses since that fucking old woman died on me after I spent all my healing pumpkins just to revive 100% with tons of dudes in the room and the item you got beforehand being worthless.

Not him by the way.

It's a masterpiece, it's the first time I've ever enjoyed a souls game. In favt after I beat this game, I'm going to play blooodbourne, and then purchasw the souls trilogy when it goes on sale.
Sekiro is so good, that it's making me want to retry the souls games