It is hard for me to believe that a game this amazing came out in 2008... Will we ever see a GTA game this good again...

It is hard for me to believe that a game this amazing came out in 2008... Will we ever see a GTA game this good again? The setting, the music, the missions, the characters, the game physics... No words to describe how awesome this game is.

Attached: Grand_Theft_Auto_IV_cover.jpg (256x320, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=riEEhh8vsX0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>the characters
good joke.

I thought IV was the most dreary of the the GTAs. Vice City and GTA 3 were the last time that Rockstar knew how to build fun games. They took themselves too seriously after that.

I can tell you for a fact we won't, rockstar seems to really be holding off on GTA VI with the current political climate, and I doubt there'll be a day that we could look back and say "remember pc culture?" because it's here to stay...aaaand get worse

Rockstar focuses on realism too much with their GTA series now
GTA IV spawned the downfall of GTA being fun to play.

Niko was a pretty interesting MC.
Much better than everyone in GTA 5.

Agreed.
They did make things a bit more lighthearted in 5 (and Ballad of Gay Tony), but they still haven't returned to the atmosphere of the earlier games.

it was a big step backward for me in terms of gameplay.

But San Andreas is wacky as fuck

Rockstar makes good stories for videogames but they are still hacks that just copy popular movies
>3 and 4
Sopranos, Goodfellas etc
>Vice
Miami Vice of course and other 80s flicks
>San Andreas
Boys n the hood, menace 2 society etc

I love this meme you faggots always try to push that GTAIV was ever good. I bought it launch day on the 360 when I was 17, it was the first game I bought with my own money from working and I was just old enough to buy it myself. To this day I have never finished it and it is probably still the single most disappointing game I have ever played.

Oh and I forgot the most notable example
>5
Heat

I felt that way the first time I played it but the game was a lot better on a second play-through a few years later. I do think the older GTA's are ultimately better though.

San Andreas is still the best

4 is alright but the driving is hella bad.
the cars handle like a turd sliding on a sheet of ice.

Glad it was it’s own game instead of coping everything from SA. If I wanted SA, I’d play SA.

>Vice
>Miami Vice of course and other 80s flicks
Scarface definitely worth a mention by name too. They don't even try to hide the mansion or final mission being ripped directly from it.

Bullshit.

Are you on meth? GTA 4 has the best vehicle physics in the GTA series...

no it's really really bad.
the way they tried to add the weighted feel is just wrong.

Attached: DQkgVaWVwAAO8Tt.jpg (1200x675, 80K)

Everyone remembers the first time they played IV. Going from 3, VC, and SA - to IV. Mind completely blown.

Attached: yellow cup.gif (346x192, 765K)

Used to dislike IV till I played V.

I just remembered that gameplay is funner in GTA IV than GTA V.
They removed a ton of interaction and character AI in GTA V

>tfw you can kill pedestrians with one punch like 90% of the time in V

Attached: sad.jpg (615x410, 35K)

youtube.com/watch?v=riEEhh8vsX0

Just throwing a granate into a traffic jam, kino