These characters + Joker were a huge mistake...

These characters + Joker were a huge mistake. Look at all those spots that could have went to actual Nintendo characters.

Attached: tG1mBId.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0AC3wxMVrpf
forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-general/216412-hmk-asks-about-soras-rights-his-chances-being-smash-bros.html
deals.bestbuy.com/?category=video games3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nintendo characters like....

Sonic, Megaman and Pacman actually deserve to be there

>spots

> Sonic
> Arle Nadja
> Cloud
> Sora
> Sephiroth
> Snake
> Alucard
> Mega Man
> Pac-Man
> KOS-MOS
> Ryu
> Chun-Li
> Jill Valentine
There fixed the third party representation

>Wasted slot thread

Stop it.

>sora

We've been over this a million times.

they don't have any left they are more exiteing

It should be Crono but since his franchise is dead, we have to add Sora by default since he's more popular then 90 % of the characters i listed

Remove yourself.

i like most of these but cloud and bayonetta are boring characters from shit games and also frustrating to VS so fuck them, wish they were removed

Begone, Ashleyposter

Attached: F38F6343-C41E-48D6-BA05-31F60498ECCD.jpg (597x408, 154K)

> Forgetting about Reimu
Cope more Otisfag

Attached: Pokemon, Touhou, Zelda, Mario.jpg (2282x1256, 231K)

Most people who don't even play FF find Cloud really fun to play as though, so your opinion it not in the mainstream.
Also, SE being jerks prevented FF7 from being properly represented in SSB, both times.

Isaac, Waluigi, Bandana Dee, Krystal, Skull Kid, Ninten, Takamura, Chorus Kids, Tingle, Captain Rainbow, Birdo, Eggplant Wizard, Medusa, Hades, Professor E. Gadd, Geno, Mallow, Rex, Lyn, Hector

Nintendo has a huge selection of characters that deserve to be in the game over 3rd party shitters.

Yikes!

you could have at least not listed mostly reddit characters.

MOTHERFUCKER NAME ONE NINTENDO CHARACTER THAT EVEN COMES CLOSE TO ANY OF THESE CHARACTERS! YOUR DUMBASS PROBABLY WANTS CHIBI ROBO OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT. MOTHER FUCKING PAC-MAN IS IN THIS BITCH! GET YOUR DUMBASS OFF THIS BOARD AND HAVE SOME RESPECT FOR THESE ICONS. YA BITCH!

Attached: REEEEEEEEEE.jpg (550x525, 49K)

All of these characters should be in Smash, disregarding Sakurai's rules.

Attached: Noble Nine.jpg (2000x2000, 544K)

NOBLE NINE? SEPHIROTH? WHERE TF IS ABE FROM ODDWORLD?

>reddit characters
This doesn't actually mean anything.

Joker is the worst of the lot. Zero connection to Nintendo other than some shitty spin-off 3DS game. If they wanted a JRPG protag they should have used Isaac instead of some literally who.

Have you actually played persona?

Yikes

Attached: 1552762776052.gif (500x383, 1.25M)

> Persona is a SMT Spin off
> First 5 SMT games were on the NES or SNES
> Somehow has no Nintendo history
Kill yourself

wrong

Attached: mmhm.png (461x441, 175K)

Literally every character in that image has a justifiable inclusion
Joker really doesn't have any Persona stopped being a SMT spinoff a long ass time ago and has since become it's own thing but even then Sakurai always has a few self-fellatio characters each game so who really cares

Persona is only an SMT spin-off when you want it to be. Every other time it's oh I don't see the SMT logo anywhere on the boxes. FUCK OFF it's not a Nintendo series and never will be. Joker is a waste of time.

retard

Every single character in Smash has appeared on a Nintendo game before their inclusion in Smash, whine more fag.

>Sakurai always has a few self-fellatio characters each game
This is the actual reason for Joker beyond anything resembling "B-BUT SMT" and it was just a happy coincidence that it happened to be on the list that Nintendo gave Sakurai

imagine arguing things okayed by Nintendo

At this point, we might as well expect any character. Because all icons are created equal. and have the right to be in smash. #GokuforSmash

Valid 3rd parties that earned a spot
Sonic, Ryu

Sure, why not
Megaman, Pac-man

Can go
Cloud, Snake, Simon

Shouldn't have ever been added
Bayo, Joker

Let me guess bayo is too hot for you. It's okay not all of us were able to handle our first boner.

>Bayo

Attached: 1552984613477.jpg (872x960, 66K)

Sonic and Pac-Man are fitting to the roster, they're huge parts of video game history. All of those characters could "deserve" a spot if you think about it, but 64's "Nintendo All-Stars duke it out!" is long dead.

I want Erdrick in
because it feels like rosterfags need to get off the high ground to spew their rosterfag autism
so something the echo chamber doesnt want will break them again while nuFEfags seethe its DQ's turn.

also, they always attack PP because some shitty oc or groomed pooch didnt get in.
so when Erdrick is in, the autism beast gets the whip

>Bayo not deserving a spot despite being revived and getting a full blown exclusive sequel by Nintendo.
You gay son?

It really is hilarious how much Yea Forumsirgins despise Nintendo characters being in Smash Bros.

>Isaac
Literally who?
> Waluigi
Meme character, you can’t be serious.
>Bandana Dee
Irrelevant side character from a C-list franchise
>Krystal
Furbait
>Skull Kid
Zelda is already well represented
>Ninten
Ness is already in the game
>Takamura
The fact that you mispelled his name just goes to show how stupidly obscure he is
>Chorus Kids
Who?
>Tingle
See Skull Kid
>Captain Rainbow
Who??
> Birdo
Why?
>Eggplant Wizard
WHO???
> Medusa, Hades
Kid Icarus is gay. It got more than enough
>Professor E. Gadd
Why?
>Geno, Mallow
These are 3rd party you hypocritical retard
>Rex
Flavor of the year
>Lyn, Hector
You mean you want MORE Fire Emblem shit??

The current 3rd party roster is far more deserving than anything you listed. Thank god you’re not in charge. Your roster would be lame as fuck.

is this the banjoke thread?
just because stevefags are in a big opposition doesnt mean you can run free with your shitty muh nintendo all-star rosterfag headcanon

FF7 is more iconic then every single game on the Smash roster except OOT, Pokemon & Mario

>still pushing this meme

he's fucking in

Attached: 1552860914299.gif (500x500, 229K)

Yes loud and proud

>The fact that you mispelled his name just goes to show how stupidly obscure he is
So if I accidentally misspelled Trump's name that means he's stupidly obscure and nobody in the world knows who he is?

Really, it comes down to whether Sakurai likes them enough to bend his own rules.

Which he does almost all the fucking time. Looking at you Ridley.

>FF7 is more iconic that Street Fighter
>More iconic than Pac-Man
>More iconic than Metal Gear

Let's not get crazy, it's on par with most of them but it's not them out by a lot

>accidentally
>not knowing it’s TakaMARU
Stop kidding yourself, we all know he’s as obscure as they come. You’re literally scrapping the bottom of the barrel, which is precisely why the focus has shifted to 3rd party. Everything 1st party that could possibly matter is already in.

If Isaac was the reveal at the VGA's the response would have been way bigger. The only thing that got people excited in the Joker trailer was the smash logo, most didn't even know who he was.

Attached: isaac.jpg (900x720, 145K)

Same thing happened to K.Rool too. If the interviews are anything to believe, then he jumped in for K.Rool over Retro putting them in their own game.

Alph and Yarn Yoshi
>costumes only there to advertise miyamoto garbage
Dark Pit
>midtime fan favorite made into final minute clone

why do pikminfags want more miyamoto garbage? we lost the block yoshi alt due to shillfag desires

Street Fighter is debatable, it’s defo more iconic than MGS tho.

Stop spamming your shitty list, retard
YIKES
You’d rather have all those literal whos than actual video game mascots and icons? Kek imagine having such shit taste

>FF7 is more iconic then every single game on the Smash roster except OOT, Pokemon & Mario
No it isn't.

based
>pacman
cringe

Every Persona game before 5 has Shin Megami Tensei in their covers tho

>Golden Sun
>Bigger than Persona
Yes, I’m sure all 3 fans of that game would have been excited.

Yes it is
> Highest Grossing Game Franchises Ever
> 1. Pokemon (92 Billion)
> 2. Mario (36 Billion)
> 3. Final Fantasy (26 Billion)
It is objectively the 3rd most iconic game ever by default

Yes because they are Nintendo characters. Smash should be a celebration of Nintendo only.

Banjo just got deconfirmed today bros

You smash faggots are worse than pokemon/ponies/weebs/anything else. The absolute worst fanbase of all fucking time. Where the fuck is the smash containment board mods?

>Look at all the spots that are actual Nintendo characters
>"were a mistake"

Listen dumb bitch, Sakurai said it was never about just Nintendo characters, its about Gaming All-Stars, & stop acting like those 1stPartyOnlyFags

>Sepiroth
Sword too big. He is also boring as fuck, what the fuck man?

>IT'S BOTTOM OF THE BARREL BECAUSE I SAY SO BECAUSE I HATE I SEETHE I RAGE!!
You faggots think every Nintendo character not in Smash is "bottom of the barrel" no matter who they are and regardless of their actual popularity. Hell you did it to Ridley, K. Rool, Simon Belmont, and several others until they did get into Smash and you instantly did a 180.

How?

> Most popular game in the 3rd most successful franchise in gaming history
It factually is

Brawl was a decade ago. Get over it.

>FF7 is more iconic than Donkey Kong
>FF7 is more iconic than Street Fighter
>FF7 is more iconic than Pac-Man
>FF7 is more iconic than the entire Metal Gear franchise
>FF7 is more iconic than Yoshi
>FF7 is more iconic than Wario
>FF7 is more iconic than Miis
Hell I feel like you could even make the argument of both Kirby and Animal Crossing being more iconic amongst normalfags

Attached: 1535173934776.jpg (961x759, 97K)

They’re literally bottom of the barrel. Your entire list is full of spinoff and side characters, and obscure as fuck games hardly anyone has played.

If Nintendo announced a new Golden Sun for the Switch it would sell more than every Persona game combined.

Delusional.

Did you forget GS3?

I remember when you said Ridley was bottom of the barrel and obscure. I remember when you said K. Rool was bottom of the barrel and obscure. I remember when you said CastleVania was a dead franchise that was obscure and bottom of the barrel. You REALLY need to keep repeating that about everything because you have a mighty need to think something is bottom of the barrel.

Yes, because the Golden Sun franchise is such an important franchise. Fuck Persona. It only has five main games lord know how many spin offs and part of another big franchise with lord know how many games. But the Golden Sun games. Those three glorious (and underplayed) games surpass anything that Persona has done. Even though its been like 10 years since their last game. Still important. BTW #YourOpinionSucksGrowUpandPlayPersonaYouUnculturedFag

>would sell more than every Persona game combined
>he says this after Dark Dawn tanked harder than most games could ever DREAM of tanking
It's a shame that they're never going to do that since every game's sales got worse and worse and Camelot is banished to Mario Sports Spinoff Hell where they're making actually good games

It still is a celebration of nintendo. Like 90% of the roster is nintendo characters. Theres no problem with having some iconic third party mascots in there to diversify the roster. Besides, at its core smash is a big crossover game so why not throw in a few important third parties with history? I could see someone making a case for why bayo/joker shouldnt be in there, but the rest are absolutely deserving. If they started added characters like geno and takamaru, they’d be scraping the bottom of the barrel

You Golden Sun fans must be smoking some good shit. Hmu.

>Calls BWD irrelevant

You do realize that he's still getting Merch, man these LetsHateAllPopularPicksFags are annoying as shit, Steveposters are way better than them, & I'm a Steveposter, & I kindly ask you to leave the internet

Third-parties saved the franchise.

Attached: 2019-03-24 (1).png (1192x658, 147K)

Is OP cool with Ken being in? He’s omitted from your pic

REMINDER
Nyx is removing the PoS that is Incineroar in this mod

what character do you want in place of him? any Grinch characters?
>inb4 "cope, seething grinchfag"

Attached: kino.jpg (700x220, 37K)

No

Yeah
All the other third parties suck but Ken is based

>Golden Sun series altogether is just under 2 million
>Dark Dawn is the lowest-selling game in the series
>Persona 5 alone has sold 2.2 million copies as of 2018
But yeah, you keep thinking that.

Attached: 1539483789755.jpg (1920x1080, 203K)

Nobody wanted Miis
It was a dumb developer request excuse like WIi Fit Trainer was

Holy based

It literally is
> Best Franchise Ever Contest
> Round 1: Final Fantasy (107,000) > Diablo (17,000) (90,088 Difference)
> Round 2: Final Fantasy (105,000) > Mega Man (34,000) (65,586 Difference)
> Round 2: Resident Evil (62, 000) > Street Fighter (60,000) (1,779 Difference)
> Round 3: Final Fantasy (103,000) > Resident Evil (32, 000) (70,950 Difference)
> Round 4: Legend of Zelda (97,000) > Metal Gear (34,000) (62,856 Difference)
> Round 4: Final Fantasy (83,000) > Super Mario (73,000) (10,221 Difference)
> Finale: Legend of Zelda (80,000) > Final Fantasy (77,000) (3,123 Difference)

BASED STEVEPOSTER

Attached: Steve in collage.jpg (1095x811, 198K)

So, what exactly about Incineroar caused you people to become even more insane and whiny than Meleetards?

Attached: 1vwk8s.jpg (498x355, 40K)

>It is objectively the 3rd most iconic game ever by default
Ask any normalfag who isn't into video games who Clud Strife is and I guarantee they will have no fucking clue. Ask them about Pacman or Sonic and they will instantly know what you are talking about. CLoud is extremely iconinc, but thats within the confines of the video game community and at that point most of the roster will be known by casual layman knowledge.

Pokemon, Mario, Street Fighter, Zelda, Sonic, Megaman and ESPECIALLY Pacman are all way more widely known than Cloud from FF7.

Well, if you're taking out a Pokemon, then it's only fair...

Attached: buff___buzzwole___buffwole___by_lordblacktiger666-dbmh12n.jpg (1053x758, 99K)

Stay mad genofag

So not ken

>I remember when you said
Do you really? Because I never said any of those things. I’ve always been in support of those three characters, and my most wanted DLC are:

Banjo-Kazooie
Monster Hunter
Chosen Undead
Ryu Hyabusa

The difference between K.Rool, Ridley, Simon, the current 3rd party, and the characters I just listed, from the characters you listed, is that, unlike your hodgepodge of obscure side characters, everything I just mentioned is ICONIC and significant in the industry.

Yes, please tell me the cultural impact of Bandana Dee, Waluigi, or Takamaru’s game, whatever the fuck it was.

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Steve (yes, THE Steve from Minecraft) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Steve walks into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! VIRGINBEN SAID THE TOPDOWN WASN’T LINK’S AWAKENING! HE WAS FINALLY WRONG! STEVE ISN’T IN SMASH!!!!!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “Grinch leak” Banjocucks, Steve has a lot more distribution among other leakers. Ever heard of Hitagi, 7chan, and 5channel? And while you’re busy obsessing over Vergeben, care to explain how the topdown remake Vergeben predicted was exactly the title he said wouldn’t be featured? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

>b-but Banjo has a good history with Nintendo! He’s gotta be in!
“No!”

Sorry Banjo fags, but the Microsoft rep is taken by yours truly! Why would Nintendo choose a dead character over the marketing potential of the highest grossing game of the 21st century? The DLC characters have also been confirmed to be “surprising” according to the developers, so I’m afraid your years of crying for Banjo are going to be subverted once again with the reveal of our favorite underdog! But feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Attached: 3c4.png (1170x658, 380K)

Smash outgrew Nintendo all-stars, tough.

>More sales mean better mainstream recognition
And yes, I did say that Persona sold more than Golden Sun, but that's in the RPG context. There's no way Final Fantasy is more recognizable than fucking Mario.

>Steveposter
>is also a Hat Goomba fag
That explains EVERYTHING. It’s no wonder you’re all such cancer.

AYYY. ANOTHER HAYABUSA SUPPORTER. PERSON OF CULTURE.

My Man!
>vocaroo.com/i/s0AC3wxMVrpf

Attached: Steve Digs In.png (586x360, 179K)

>Can't have obscure Nintendo characters in the Nintendo fighting game
Might as well throw fucking Skyrim into Smash then because it sold 8 trillion copies. That's all that matters according to Yea Forums

>Ryu Hayabusa
>Monster Hunter
based

Virginben has never once been correct.

smash players should be shot

BASED. OP BTFO

>Final Fantasy won some obscure online poll, so it is actually far more iconic than Mario, Zelda, Pac-Man, Sonic, and Donkey Kong
Honest question here, do you have autism?
Do you genuinely believe what you post?

Attached: 1545627460430.jpg (258x254, 38K)

Attached: This triggers the skeptics.png (1299x656, 89K)

>everything I just mentioned is ICONIC and significant in the industry
Funny, I recall the exact opposite being said about Ridley and especially K. Rool before they were revealed.
>Yes, please tell me the cultural impact of Bandana Dee, Waluigi, or Takamaru’s game, whatever the fuck it was.
Tell me the cultural impact of Shulk, Daisy, Corrin, and Lucas.

No.

stay cuck'd grinchfag

>Metal Gear
>Sonic the Hedgehog
>Final Fantasy
>Castlevania
>Megaman
>Pac-Man
>Street Fighter
>Megami Tensei

Yeah screw all these legacy franchises, give me some flavor of the month Nintendo characters

>Tell me the cultural impact of Shulk, Daisy, Corrin, and Lucas.
I like them therefore they should be in
I don't like Bandana Dee, Waluigi, or Takamaru so they're not in

>another anime swordsman
>Camelot character
>hat goomba
>yiff in hell
>come now, you only want Skull Kid in because you think he looks cool, not because he'd be a great rep or have an interesting moveset
>who
>who
>boring shitters
>who
>worst suggestion yet
>who
>No one gives a shit about Kid Icarus
>No one gives a shit about Kid Icarus
>same as skull kid, except minus looking cool
>Might as well add Goombella, Starlow or Bombette
>who
>who
>who
>who
Face it, a lot of these characters would be extremely similar to characters we already have. Isaac a swordsman, Waluigi would be like Luigi, Krystal would be the 3rd fox clone, Ninten would play exactly like Lucas/Ness, Birdo would be like Yoshi except shoots eggs out of it's mouth instead of throwing them, Rex would be another anime swordsman. Just get a grip.

Wrong, try again Zoomer

Attached: Blue is FF, Red is Zelda, Yellow is Mario, Green is Precure, Purple is Pokemon.png (1454x683, 77K)

Yea Forumsirgins believe anything and everything that makes their arguments sound like fact.

That's why we have assist trophies, user. It's Sakurai's dumping grounds for "characters with no future" which happens to be one of Sakurai's rules.

He's just had lucky guesses, pic unrelated.

Attached: totallyanecho.png (769x85, 79K)

Honestly, agreed.
>HRRMHRRRM COLONEL THIS IS A GAME I DON'T BELONG IN
>.
>.
>.
>I'M IN IT

OH MY GOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDD this is so UNEXPECTED I'm SHOOKETH this is a TWIST

Roster's been trending downwards since

>sales determine an inclusion
how many times we gone through this?
nobody asked for samus with an alternate moveset. "Zero Suit's" origin game, Zero Mission, is the worse selling 2D Metroid

Fusion outsold Super and was released long enough to be part of the panning, so where's the recent updatw look like blue and edgy princess link gotten?

even if Ridley popularity was growing at the time, it would make sense to add him instead.

No we haven't. I'm here all the time and idk what you're talking about.

> 160, 000 people voting
> Obscure
Nice Bait you faggot

Shulk is le really feeling it meme.

Exactly, that's all these retarded "relevance" and "cultural impact" and other dipshit claims boil down to.

He's in

Attached: Shaking Steve.gif (500x269, 576K)

>456605183

I love you man, you're an awesome Steveposter

Attached: 1551833541977m.jpg (1024x1024, 137K)

160k out of literally every fucking human being who has ever touched a video game is really goddamn obscure dude
You never even sourced that shit anyway

Attached: 1547689130689.png (564x228, 41K)

add buzzwole in so bugfags can be exposed of who cried to most to chad cat's inclusion

This, all that matters clearly is how popular they are among gamers. This MUH RECOGNIZABILITY, bullshit is autistic as fuck. And means nothing after we have 8 FE characters & several other literal whos

bayonetta is dumb and not iconic like the rest on there, at least
snake is a distant 2nd

>Funny, I recall the exact opposite being said about Ridley and especially K. Rool before they were revealed.
Cool. I never said that, and I’m disagreeing with you rn. Those people were always wrong. What’s your argument?

>Tell me the cultural impact of Shulk, Daisy, Corrin, and Lucas
Given Project Rainfall, Shulk does have cultural impact. As for the other 3, I don’t like them being in, and they’re part of the “bottom of the barrel” plague that’s been happening. I’d gladly trade them all in for more iconic 3rd parties relevant to Nintendo. Everything 1st party, has pretty much been covered.

>160, 000
This might come as a shock to you, but that's not an exceedingly high number of people believe it or not.

I don't need a source because everyone who's browsing this thread that isn't a complete Zoomer instantly knows what i'm talking about, since they came from that website

I would rather have every Pokemon in Smash than one 3rd party character.

this is perhaps the best bait list I've seen so far

I love you man, you're an awesome Steveposter

Attached: 1553918062958.jpg (1000x1000, 73K)

Can't wait for our boy to join the ranks

Attached: Now this is an awesome photo.png (503x606, 332K)

>when i think Joker, i think of that 3DS game nobody bought

>those hands
Say it with me!!

N

Cultural impact & all of these other buzzwords is irrelevant. All of you faggots deserve to die
> Sakurai's Smash 3rd Party Criteria since Brawl
> 1. Characters from a series that has no future are rarely chosen
> 2. Fighters that switch models are a different matter."
> 3. Even if a character is unique, if they overlap with other characters and aren't unique as a fighter, they are rejected.
> 4. In order to fit the character into the world of Smash, I need them to allow me some artistic license.
> 5. It might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the history of being on a Nintendo platform.
> 6. The character must display personality in their game
> 7. It’s important to have something that ONLY the character can do
> 8. Potential development issues, and game balance is also taken into some consideration (Heihachi cut from Sm4sh)
> 9. There are some characters that can’t join the battle, even if they meet the qualifications
> 10. Is the character the representative character for their respective Source Material
> 11. The character must have something inherently unique about them
> 12. NO MANGA Originated characters allowed

I

>Sephiroth AND Cloud
Fuck off FFVIIfag. I'm not an xboner, but Master Chief over Sephiroth, Pikachu over Chrono, Pac-Man over Samus, heck; even Lara Croft over Cloud.

>I don't need a source

Attached: 1541058537400.png (1138x626, 39K)

>I’d gladly trade them all in for more iconic 3rd parties relevant to Nintendo
I too despise Nintendo characters being in Smash bros and want them all replaced with third-party characters.

G

I just like bugs, man. I don't even mind Incineroar all that much. Genesect would be great too. I pushed hard for Necrozma during the early days, and I have no regrets now

Attached: necrozma__the_prism_legendary_by_tomycase-daoy3lp.png (1003x797, 282K)

G

Then what is the fate for our beloved K Rool?

>“deserve”
This meme needs to fucking die.

>Waluigi, Skull Kid, Hector, Lyn

There. All the good characters you listed & they’re not even that important.

Its not even luck, its literally just picking the most well known characters people want in smash. Literally every other piece of information he tried to "leak" was completely wrong other than characters.

Boring to your contrarian ass yet the most popular FF character behind Cloud
also Simon

E

Says the replyfag

Attached: 0893d9f7d7dad313f7fb5949a09a0547.png (356x523, 98K)

It's something that was officially chosen based on data from 2002 to 2011, something you won't understand Zoomer. Nobody unironically cares about those literal who's like Chief & Lara Croft. Pac-Man stopped being relevant after 2002

Attached: GF Popularity.jpg (2001x2000, 811K)

R

(cough) all fire emblem characters (cough)

>Waluigi
>Hector
Good

>It’s important to have something that ONLY the character can do
>Gives all but one of the FE characters counters

>When third parties are the future of Smash because almost every important Nintendo character is already in the game
>Future Smash games will just be third parties & any new Nintendo IPs that exist by then

Attached: 0402DD96-D21E-4EAE-9944-79F377EFDB9E.jpg (1112x608, 82K)

Does anyone have the youtube link of Steve getting sucked into the Grinch's anus?

AHEM

Attached: PAC.jpg (1080x1080, 113K)

you listed a bunch of clones.

>PM improved Lucario despite being that stupid shillmon people are getting sick of
>Nyx deletes Incineroar for losing to a CPU
autism

not him, but isn't k rool a 2nd party character like dark samus and shulk? That criteria wouldn't count.

this
Blonde Roy? We already got Bayonetta

Attached: 1539894236454.jpg (448x412, 25K)

Number of Voters for each one, for reference
> 2002: 129,000
> 2003: 147,000
> 2004: 124,000
> 2005: 119,000
> 2006: 152,000
> 2007: 195,000
> 2008: 146,000
> 2010: 129,000
> 2013: 149,000

>>FF7 is more iconic than the entire Metal Gear franchise

This one is actually true, though.

Okay. Shame you didn't list any.

FF grossed more money then all of those franchises, so yet it is more iconic

>talking shit about Ryu
>talking shit about Bayo
>talking shit on Cloud
>talking shit on fucking Simon
You're a fucking autist aren't you?
You're the kind of person to ask for cringe ass shit like Geno or Ashley
>The icon of fighting games
>Icon of action games (Dante's in marvel)
>Icon of RPG's and Final Fantasy
>Icon of Stealth games and Metal Gear
>Castlevania man himself
They should've been in since BRAWL
It's a celebration of videogames not your weirdo ass uber-autism characters no one gives a fuck about

Attached: 1553840498256.gif (200x200, 3.89M)

Nah, I'm 32 years old and voted in every one of those polls. I just don't think those polls really represent how popular the characters really are.

It does when we are talking about popularity on the internet, and that's all that's relevant when it comes to Smash & always will be. Cultural impact among people who never played games has never impacted any Smash newcomer

literally who?

BASED

Bayonetta wasn't even a thing in 2008. Dante had a better chance back then.

>inb4ing your own post
cope, seething grinchfag

So what exactly is stopping Sora from being in Smash at this point? Disney okay'd him & he's clearly popular as fuck.

>that's all that's relevant when it comes to Smash & always will be.
this is simply not true user.

Definitely, Dante would've been cool in smash but again, he's already in marvel and he's absolutely fantastic

> What is King K Rool, What is Simon, Richter What is Ridley, What is Joker

Attached: Patrics_bait.gif (400x280, 1.24M)

Look, I'm going to say this now just to set you down a peg

Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Roy, and most of the post Gen 1 Pokemon were added via "relevancy". Not in series popularity. Most of these characters got in and only stayed in because they were added when Sakurai thought they be relevant. It took the ENTIRE planet to get fucking King K Rool in the game after 18 years he "should" have been playable. All the characters you stated literally have no reason to be picked. Who wants them? It doesn't matter, only adding really likable characters is what Sakurai is willing to do. He kept Ridley from being playable because he thought being a boss suited his character better, but lo and behold, him being a fighter has never been so fitting for a character canonically known for being vicious and fast, has been presented better than what Brawl and whatever Smash 4 was doing by comparison.

Long story short, none of those characters has relevancy as newcomers, and no where near the demand as high as the likes of KKR and Ridley. At this point, only recent characters, massively demanded characters, or shill cross content between 3rd party characters, is getting into Smash.

Attached: 1501170405442.jpg (340x192, 33K)

> Link literally wins every single one except 2003
Based, how does he keep winning?

Attached: LAW.jpg (700x465, 105K)

>Disney okay'd him
Source?

with bayo in I just want crash

Best post in the thread.

according to itsuno, he'll add him to Smash once his games are finally on nintendo consoles.
plus DMC ports are making rounds in rumors

Dante in Season 2 baybay

> forums.khinsider.com/kingdom-hearts-general/216412-hmk-asks-about-soras-rights-his-chances-being-smash-bros.html
Basically the only thing preventing Sora from getting in is Square Enix being greedy faggots again

All chararcters that are video game characters made in japan with some ties to Nintendo. Popularity is not the sole deciding factor. Also, I mistakenly cut off a portion of my text
>It does when we are talking about popularity on the internet
160,000 people voting is not indicative of opinions on the internet as a whole.

>FF7 is more iconic than Miis
Only greentext that was retarded. Everything else is correct.

It does when only two gaming forums existed at the time, the only place that ever got Traffic was GameFaqs. Most of Yea Forums's userbase came from GameFaqs

>Bayo
>Icon of action games
Obvious you aren't a Castlevania fan.
No outrage over Mega Man or Sonic?

Attached: laughing octopus.jpg (300x168, 8K)

>Season 2
Delusion

>removing characters for no reason
fucking autist, why do they have to be this way? fuck you and your autism

Link, Samus & Snake are objectively the faces of the Action Genre. And the most legendary characters in gaming history as a whole alongside Mario, Cloud, Zelda, Pikachu & Sephiroth. Bayonetta didn't become relevant until she was added into Smash

After K. Rool and Ridley got in, who cares. Those were the last important first party characters. Dixie too, but lol 2 DK characters in one game.

Attached: 1535837194980.jpg (1600x1200, 714K)

Dude. What in the fuck is wrong with Squeenix? Is Kojima seriously the only game developer smart enough to realize the advantages of having his series represented in Smash?

>It does when only two gaming forums existed at the time,
This might surprise you, but the year is 2019, there's a metric fuckton of more people on the internet now
>Most of Yea Forums's userbase came from GameFaqs
Yea Forums is not indicative of the internet as a whole.

I forgot to mention them since they aren't my favourites and because it should already be COMMON SENSE since Megaman is another classic NES franchise and Sonic is just too big to ignore also the castlevania action games suck

Stevecucks never learn.

Reminder that Ultimate literally gave us Ridley and K Rool, two highly requested characters and Banjo is also a highly requsted. In regards to Virginben please feel free to show me anytime his "history of success" because believe me when I say his record is far from clean.

Now then putting aside virginben, now that he has been ousted as a loser there's really no other leaker supporting steve getting in there was only two other leakers "supporting" steve and that was

>Hitagi
Admitted they were full of shit

>Xenother
A literal who, only ever regurgitated what virginben or Hitagi have said.

If that wasn't enough for you then let me remind you that Mojang themselves deconfirmed Steve, now in regards to Banjo the support for him is abundantly clear.

>Phill has said time and time again he's happy for Banjo to be in, he WANTS Banjo in
>Rare sprits found in game files
>Microsoft and Nintendo colloborating with each other alot more
>Potential for Banjo series to be revived.

What does Nintendo gain from putting steve in? Is there a new minecraft version coming to switch? At best, steve getting in would make the fortnite kiddies happy and at worst? alot of people could end up hating Steve's inclusion over other characters and it could very easily backfire but with Banjo that has no chance of happening because with Banjo there will be plenty of people happy to see him.

Sorry stevecuck if we are all getting a microsoft rep its not gonna some bad block character who is not even the mascot from his own series, its gonna be Banjo or nothing.

>Icon of action games
correct

>two of, if not THE, best spectacle fighters in the genre
>not a good representation of the genre in general
You're talking crazy. I don't see what Castlevania has to do with it, but that series and genre are represented too, so it's not like Bayo stole a slot.

BEST BUY LEAKED JOKER'S RENDER, THIS IS NOT A DRILL, HE HAS TO BE COMING APRIL 1ST

Attached: Joker Render.png (640x235, 105K)

Stupid euros what the fuck do you call the genre then? Hack and Slash?

3rd parties just killed any sense of uniformity the Smash community may have had in the past. Now, I have to share the franchise with the equivalent of immigrants who admitedly don't even care that much about Nintendo, just video games. It's like when Nintendo gets a good 3rd party title: It welcomes these people & divides the community. I can no longer ask the same questions I could before, because I could be met with people's indifference or even hate at some ideas that in the past would have been more or less universally acclaimed. It also drove away any sense of humility the franchise could have had, in profit of making it a game more marketable to more & more people that's never gonna evolve past just a fighting game.
These """people""" stole one of my favorite franchises.

Attached: Sad_Kirby.png (180x180, 47K)

Hack/Slash is undeniably Kratos, but he's Sony & will never be in Smash

This.

Attached: tumblr_pd5ocbbJ991uds8kfo1_1280.png (700x700, 503K)

I fucking hate this project __ meme so much
get a original name instead of aping project m you clowns

>Smash community
>Sense of uniformity
Pick one.

Attached: 1495611959232.png (287x280, 91K)

This, If SE wasn't retarded they would have already gotten Sephiroth & Sora in Smash by now

Fake as fuck and derived from a figure very obviously

is it still up? link?

I wish third parties didn't hog up so much attention for DLC. I don't mind them, but there are still plenty of Nintendo characters that would make for interesting fighters despite what relevancy fags think. And no, the roster for Nintendo characters is not complete, faggots. You niggers make up arbitraty rules for characters not getting in all the time and they're 9 times out of 10 wrong.

Attached: 1551351974362.png (394x403, 236K)

HAPPENING.JPG! HE HAS TO BE COMING THIS WEEK IF NINTENDO IS GIVING THE RENDER TO RETAILERS FOR ADVERTISING

>Hack/Slash is undeniably Kratos
KEK!
At least say Dante, dude.

Attached: 1553395254536.jpg (700x463, 65K)

No, they took it down, it was in their weekly ad
It's official, fag

Attached: JOKER'S RENDER.jpg (543x1024, 86K)

those characters aren't even in the same genre as bayo/dante/ryu

deals.bestbuy.com/?category=video games3

IT'S REAL

Attached: 3242462225.png (230x177, 63K)

So what genre do Dante, Bayo, Raiden and Nu-Hayabusa belong in?

Action is vague as fuck, anything with combat is considered Action

I just checked. It's still there.

You're right, I did as well, just screen recorded it, don't know how to post

3rd party fags should just fuck off & ask their company to make a Smash clone of sorts. I'm sure Sega or Capcom would have been able to make a very solid competitor to Smash that would have had its own niches over the Smash Games. That competition would have probably had good consequences for the future of Smash itself, whether it be its Solo content or the gameplay.

>3rd party fags should just fuck off & ask their company to make a Smash clone of sorts
Because that worked out so well for Sony, right?

Sony attempted a half-assed smash clone made by a team that didn't have any idea what it was doing. They could make a decent clone, but Sony copied smash for the sake of it.

>3rd party fags should just fuck off & ask their company to make a Smash clone of sorts.
But I want that Nintendo brand quality to my game. I don't want another Playstation all-star debacle.

That's why I said Sega & Capcom. I have faith these two companies are competent enough to make a great Smash clone.

Capcom doesn't need a Smash clone, they have real fighting games. Sega is just a joke.

>I have faith these two companies are competent enough to make a great Smash clone
I don't

BROS I'M CRYING

>being this retarded

Yeah we could have had Camilla, Celica, Waluigi, Blaziken, Tom Nook and Shadow Mario

The shame

This guy is right

Maybe even Ryu and/or Simon, but those are already pushing it. All the others are bullshit.

I don't see no reason why we get Bayonetta and not Wonder Red

Give it a rest tabbender.

what's the best way to C&D this.

It's not enough that I succeed, others must suffer.

Why does Incineroar still manage to produce so much salt?

It was literally one of the worst reveals, putting aside the grinch leak it was still such a shit reveal and incineroarfags liking incineroar just to make others seethe didn't make anyone like the character any better, its the same with the now dead plantfags.

I half agree. Sonic and Pac Man are equally synonymous with "video game" as Mario is. The others are just "They existed on a Nintendo platform, at a period of time, therefore, basically Nintendo." I like Mega Man, but he was a colossal disappointment when I was looking forward to Nintendo characters at launch. I'm not against a FF character, but a FFIV character made more sense than fucking Cloud.

Sonic has been such an embarrassment to the industry since the mid-2000's or so that including him in Smash honestly tarnishes its pedigree.

Only mistake is Cloud, should have been a Square character that actually debuted on a Nintendo system. They only picked Cloud because he's the most popular protagonist by far and had shock value.

Why do people have such bad taste? Cloud has no appeal.

Sonic's been on more nintendo consoles than sega

After reading this I’m suddenly a lot more appreciative of the third party reps. Nintendo really doesn’t have any big characters left to add.

It really is hilarious how far baitfags reach to cast their line.

He's pretty recognizable man

just cause you dislike him doesn't mean he shouldn't be represented, all things considered his series had 3 games on Nintendo consoles, and he starred in two of them.

He wants another Square rep. Simple and Clean is an ominous droning that quickens his pulse and makes him sweat and swallow when he hears it. He's compromised by his alliances.

Bayonetta essentially is a nintendo character.

The only deserving one there is Krystal and maybe Birdo.
Who the fuck is eggplant wizard.

As if anyone but people who grew up with the GBA care about Golden Sun. Joker's game was much bigger in the JRPG genre and comes from a franchise with a lot more legacy in terms of gaming as a whole than Golden Sun ever did.

We don't want her.

Well Nintendo obviously wants her, probably to help break the perception Nintendo consoles lack mature games.

To be fair, a couple of the 3rd parties on the roster haven’t been the same as they once were. Metal Gear Survive happened for instance and the Lord of Shadow games. Not to mention Square Enix in general has apparently been scum.