Meme or kino?

Meme or kino?

Attached: rdr2-officialart-3840x2160-2.jpg (1600x900, 283K)

Meme kino.

I thought it was alright but not better than RDR1

WHY ARE ANIMALS INSTANT KILL?!?! HUNTING IS FUCKING ANNOYING WHEN COUGARS COME OUT OF NOWHERE AND INSTANTLY KILL ME

tis kino my brother

I stopped playing once Arthur died. Seeing him and how he interacted with everything was honestly what kept me interested.

It was fine. I still like 1 more

kino

>Arthur is GOAT
>hunting is comfy
>random events aren't tedious or boring
>the weather system works good
>interactions in camp

not saying it's perfect but it's really hits home

Attached: 1544158596342.png (695x618, 561K)

Kino
>tfw still hoping rockstar will make a dlc where you play as Arthur leading up to the events in Blackwater and Undead Nightmare 2

Attached: Gunslinger.jpg (1137x640, 47K)

A rare example of a good SJW game.

Kino but they desperately need to rework their mission structure

One of the best games I ever played.

It's fine if you're ok with slower gameplay. The weapons being de-equipped every single time you get off your horse is really fucking annoying though.

kino, but not for everyone

Singleplayer is a slow burner kino, too bad Rockstar's jewish overlords at TakeTwo keep pushing them to force down the online so that there will never be singleplayer dlc the same caliber as Lost and Damned, Ballad of Gay Tony and Undead Nightmare.

Attached: 0_4.jpg (1920x1072, 537K)

Both, unironically.

Attached: 7242F631-FA82-4DD9-A437-3C5E0781E006.png (750x864, 801K)

This. Absolutely great game but there are several gripes I have about the game. The good vastly outweighs the bad though.

Attached: 1548277564767.jpg (1920x1080, 425K)

I...didn't...love it.

As much as I love Arthur and know that he's a better written character than John, I still like John better. On my second playthrough now and I'm sorta rushing through the story and not doing any side quests that aren't exclusive to Arthur so I can take my time and do everything as John later on

>The weapons being de-equipped every single time you get off your horse is really fucking annoying though
I still have no fucking idea if that's intentional or a bug or something (that'll never get fixed). Because it didn't even unequip it every single time either. Like 20% of the time it works fine, but the remaining time the shit happens. It felt insanely random if it was about to happen or not. And it makes me want to tear my hair out, seriously among the most fucking frustration things I've ever experienced in a game. Still loved the game overall though

I hate Rockstar games but this is the only one where I played through the whole single player campaign.

>WHY ARE ANIMALS INSTANT KILL
spoken like a true cityslicker

Attached: 55E32A83-33D2-4EC3-9B4D-69E225280741.gif (320x251, 2.18M)

Waste of money is what this is. I should've waited till it's a bargain bin sale instead of paying fill price for this overrated turd.

Attached: 1476547464238.png (569x629, 656K)

they need to tweak it. But I think the railroaded nature of R*s missions is why they're memorable.

>random events aren't tedious or boring

>Hey PURRNDER suck this venom off of muh dick or else I'll die!

10/10

Kino movie game. But a movie game no doubt.

You couldn't be more wrong

The most overrated cinematic garbage released in the past few years.

The first one was fucking kino, this one fucking blows, its like an empty shell.

Hello Youngdefiant

Unironically a 10/10 game which doesn't compromise its vision.

Meme. When the design fails at even the simplest level (choosing input delay instead of greater animations), you just know this is a mediocre dev team using popularity momentum and a fuck load of cash (the natural environment is technically impressive) as a crutch. You could take nearly any other serious AAA (besides their equally lacking disciples, CDPR) dev and have a much better game with the same budget.

>choosing input delay instead of greater animations
Elaborate greater animations. Increasing input delay allows for more time to create animations giving smoother reactions and a more realistic approach. I really appreciate how RDR2 isn't trying to rush me into making decisions in most cases and the increased animation length gives you time to reinput commands.

There are things that are undeniably great about the game
>soundtrack
>graphics
>detail
>voice acting
>story
>well written main character
>incredibly realistic gameplay

Look you don't have to be offended that I called your goty a movie game. I thought it was a really good movie game.

There are enemy gang ambushes, stagecoach / train robberies, animal attacks, shooting challenges and so on. There's a huge varièty of interesting random events.

Attached: 1543150690962.jpg (1920x1080, 345K)

Or you can just shoot him in the dick, watch him die slowly from the venom or shoot his leg off.

The venom encounters are amazing bro.
Great encounters:
>any time a gang ambushes you
>any time you encounter homies that want to get in a fistfight
>mugging
>KKK shit
>that encounter where murfree nigs are about to kill that woman
>shooting contests with that bitter mexican dude
>people challenging you to races
>people trying to blow a safe open
>guy who enlists your help to rob his friend
Kino encounters
>dude who asks for whiskey and then tells you how he's a guilt ridden mess for killing indians
>guy who is building that house outside of Valentine and interacts with you at several points
>veteran in Rhodes
>blind man cassidy
Shit encounters
>hunter who's trying to find game (takes fucking years to watch and not much interesting happens)
>people who want a ride back to town
Cool the first time and then shit every other time
>guy sifting for gold
>dude who tries to fix his horse's shoe and gets decked
>hunter who is trapped in his own trap
>guy who wants to duel you but falls over drunk
>anyone asking for money
>veteran in Valentine
Overall pretty good, lots of variety

I fucking love those ones with the safes. I always hogtie both dudes who are trying to open it, free the horses, blow it with dynamite, take the money in front of them and then leave.
>Today's just not yer day, fellers.
>I'll come back! I promise!
>They'll be fine!

dull as fuck
no interest in wandering into the wilderness as theres fuck all there

It's a walking simulator. The missions are literally not worth doing and the "open world" gets pretty boring quickly. Poker and hunting were fun but not enough to justify a 150 gb game with crap gameplay. So much potential but horribly executed, it's a 4/10. Rockstar will keep putting out shit and shills will keep eating it.

Neither. It's generic cutseneshit for pretentious 20-somethings who don't actually like playing video games to jerk off over.

It was meh. Very overated

I've never understood this opinion. It feels more alive than any open world game I've played. There are region-specific encounters to bump into, points of interest and hidden goodies to find, gang hideouts to shoot up, robberies to find and perform, tons of animals to hunt including legendary animals, quite a few sidequests to get involved in, points of interest to sketch, etc. I've spent the last three sessions now just roaming around the world staying in various towns roleplaying as a detective.

Nigga you have no idea what youre talking about
>suck out venom
>say goodbye
>10 hours later
>the same dude stumbles out of the woods
>think: oh shit well I guess these random encounters had to repeat themselves at one point...
>dude starts saying "oh man you won't BELIEVE what happened to me again!"
>Arthur is in disbelief
Fucking A!
Same with the prisoner, who comes out a second time going like he's gotten himself in trouble again, and Arthur leaves him saying they'll probably see each other again very soon if he isnt overthinking his life choices.

Anyone else find the fist fighting system to be oddly satisfying even though its very barebones?

Game of the decade and dethroned the first one for me.

>its good because I make up my own stories pretending to be something the game doesnt' allow you to be
relying on this does not make it a good game

The repeat ones are hilarious. I love Arthur's attitude around sucking out the venom too.
>"You gotta suck it out of me!"
>give health cure instead
>"You are LUCKY I had this on me."
or if you suck it out
>"Oh thank you thank you!"
>"Uh, let's just keep this one between us."

You focused on a completely irrelevant part of the post but alright

I guess what I should ask is what open world games do you like roaming around in if RDR2 isn't one? Or do you think all open world games are trash?

>huge variety

Nah, sorry pal, I like this game more than you and even I need to stop you right there.

Not him but there are a pretty incredible amount of separate random encounters

It was pretty cool seeing Arthur go from villain to hero while, at the same time, Dutch go from hero to villain. Seeing Dutch become gradually more unhinged and retreating to Micah was super effective.

unironically the first RDR

Kek, what? What is the difference to you that makes this one not fun to roam in?

There's like 20, calm down

goty even Better than God of war

There's literally 92 distinct random encounters in the game, retard.

2019... I am forgotten...

knew I shouldn't have answered your loaded question you would reply trying to belittle whatever I said. retard.

Ok? Game is still boring shit

There's more, actually.

I was curious and inquiring more, why are you so goddamn touchy?

You dedicated anti-RDR2 fags act like underage retards 24/7. Actual gamefaqs-tier behavior, its cringey as fuck and ruins these threads

>gets called out for being wrong
>responds with a passive aggressive roastie comeback
You have to go back.

Attached: hehe.jpg (900x900, 79K)

Spooky encounters
>When rival gangs hold you up when you're camping
>That crazy lady who asks to sit with you in camp
>The night folk ambushing you in the swamp
>The strange man's cabin where new stuff appears each time you go there
>The inbred couple who drug you and take your money
>The hillbilly who knocks you out and butt rapes you

I came into the thread to give my honest opinion. if you want the same opinion from everyone with everyone patting each other on the back Im sure there are places like that..

Almost forgot
>The guy in the cave who thinks he's the devil
>The Saint Denis vampire
>The hooker who asks you to dump a body for her

You came into the thread to act like a bitter passive aggressive beta cunt about a game you don't even like lmao, you remind me of this nerdy kid who used to follow us around whining in hs, just teeth grindingly annoying

>bring this concerned with the opinion of an anonymous stranger online

youre projecting here. calm down. learn to live with other opinions

>Give him medicine
>two days later in the town
>he recognises me
>he lets me take anything at the gunsmith's and put it on his tab like a true bro
>buy a new item for free

Nah you come into these threads to throw trash around and shut down discussion. You come off very poorly and aren't interested in any kind of discussion, you just want to start flame wars. Please fuck off.

>give honest answer
>n-no you dont
this is pathetic.

>calm down please! you're scaring me :(
Could you be any more of a bitch?
>>>reddit

>the inbred couple who drug you and take your money
I remember after this happened I went back in, killed the husband and then tied the wife up, looted the entire house, and fire-bombed her and left

>just going personal
nice to know how easy it is to win an argument with you :-)

ok cuck

Same.
Only without the tying up. I just kept throwing fire bombs until the house burned.
First time I really noticed how fire spread around. Neat little thing.

>he took it as a personal attack
I would say I'm surprised that I actually hit a nerve, but you do legitimately seem like that IRL so I'm not really all that shocked.

listening to that's the way it is right now.
Definitely kino.

kino meme

>When American Venom kicks in

Attached: image.jpg (768x1024, 99K)

Poor Keem