Epic Already Rejecting Shitty Looking Indie Games

web.archive.org/web/20190329145012/https:/twitter.com/SanatanaMishra/status/1111579316091904001 (Now deleted)

store.steampowered.com/app/250110/Assault_Android_Cactus/

>B-b-but having standards and rejecting games BAD

Thanks Epic, fuck Steam

Attached: android epic steam 2.png (1195x570, 256K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/428880/The_Quest/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/456497020
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Aren’t you tired of shilling Zhang?

I genuinely would like Steam if it was like this 8 years ago

>Assault Android Cactus
>shitty

Attached: havin a real think.png (603x460, 327K)

The market is oversaturated with indie shit, at least epic is trying to set a quality standard.

PRETTY WINGS
BLUE CIRCLES

I hope they're paying you well

>87
>not high enough
What are the scores of games on epic store?

Aren't you tired of sucking dick?

i don't know you tell me ching chong man

>Android Assault Cactus was already on every platform so we couldn't twist everyone's arm into buying it on our shitty storefront

Attached: 1551471991986.jpg (715x658, 102K)

tim sweeney will save gaming

Attached: 1540751450749.png (613x626, 70K)

>at least epic is trying to set a quality standard.

Such high quality games Epic is providing for us, a PC port of a Switch port of a shitty mobile game

Attached: RCTA.jpg (1280x720, 288K)

I still don't know because I never shilled Steam

big if true

You already posted this once. Fuck off. Nobody here likes Epic except ((you)). I will never buy from a store with such a cringy name.
>epic
Fuck you faggot

Daily reminder that if Tim Sweeny had his way the company would still be called "Epic Megagames"

I have more of an impulse to buy that than android.

Store doesnt have automatic submission tools yet, everything is being added manually and whole lineup for 2019 Q1-2 is built already. Surely they cant add everything.

>Store doesnt have automatic submission tools yet, everything is being added manually
Epic outright doesn't want automatic submission. They want everything to go through a person determining if the game should release on their store or not
>and whole lineup for 2019 Q1-2 is built already.
So if some dev announced the release date for their upcoming game is sometime in Q2 of this year they're completely fucked if they want to release it on Epic's store?

So you're a retard that buys solely on brand recognition?

What happened?

Enough people in the company told him it was dumb so he eventually relented.

This strategy might work for now, but as soon as more "mediocre" games start showing up that some people really like or even just the general mass of submissions rise it's going to be harder to manually verify these games. I'll applaud them for trying, but it is a logistical nightmare the bigger the store gets.

>I'll applaud them for trying

Why? It's moronic to think that a person or group of people will be able to efficiently and accurately provide 'good' games for the storefront and not miss out on gems (which Valve devs have outright said some of the successful games on their store like Slay the Spire wouldn't have been accepted onto Steam back during the curation days)

I said the impulse to buying it is more felt for that game than Android, which is the point. There are people that would buy it

> When you apply to get your game on the Epic store, within seconds you get back an automated email. I applied, this is it below:
> Thanks for your interest in the Epic Games Store, we are overwhelmed by the response! The product lineup for Q1 and Q2 2019 is nearly complete, but we are actively building tools and technology to ensure developers have a path to the store later in 2019. As we release more features, we will be able to support more titles. This email is not a rejection of your game, just an update on timing. We look forward to talking more with you in the future. Of course, Epic will be making additional announcements about the store all year long, so please watch our social media channels for the very latest!
AAC Dev didnt get personally rejected, they either have enough games lined up for the next 6 month or dont have the staff to go through all the submissions in a timely manner.

Better they try, fail and realize why it is never going to work rather than never trying and fucking up other basic things. I did say it will never work.

So you mean it's not about quality like Epic pretends to uphold.

GoG has been doing it for 10 years - why does curation seem like a mystery to Steam drones?

This wouldn't be happening if Cao Cao hadn't died early

Attached: cao cao.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

GoG doesn't have the mass of game submissions Steam has to deal with.

Besides that, I just use GoG for older games I don't feel like emulating.

GOG probably doesn't get 5% of the submission requests Valve regularly got when they were curating their store

The game doesn't look THAT bad - it looks like that old Amiga game, Theme Park

store.steampowered.com/app/428880/The_Quest/

GOG turned down one of the best RPGs on Steam right now, but isn't it worth it for the few bad games they deny?

That game looks at least decent to me

Generally when people complain about the trash on Steam, it's not stuff like this where people have clearly put in actual work

I expected a lot of attitudes about Epic would change if they kept their barrier any higher than 'Don't be a slapdash bug-riddled asset-flip that looks like something a ten year old tossed together'

That's exactly my problem with Epic strutting around that they will be the arbiters of quality on their store, it's entirely subjective and good games will sometimes be denied and bad games will sometimes fall through the cracks.

Valve's method lets a lot of shit onto the store, but also let the consumer decide themselves what they want and don't want.

Steam clearly has curation with the removal of Rape Day, but they just don't want to actually do it.

Yeah a lot of the Steam-critics don't seem to get that there IS a real demand for a marketplace LIKE Steam, even if the demand might be from indie devs themselves as much as, or even more than, from the consumer base

The whole 'Epic is better for the developers' angle comes apart for developers who can't even get on there

>how bad taking the approach Valve did 16 years ago is.
>having a curated selection is bad
???

Steam is perfect for Android... doesn't mean it's right for every store.

I mean some people want that, and some people would prefer wading through shit to find the gold. I mean that's the essence of Yea Forums, if you want a curated discussion you can head over to some other forum.

I like that a corporation isn't telling me what games I should be playing and supporting. I'll make that decision myself. Steam wants to be the digital vidya equivalent of Amazon and that's fine

>and some people would prefer wading through shit to find the gold.
And that's fine too. But saying "X curating what sells in their store = BAD" it's stupid as fuck.

Do favors for Twitter? Like what

>corporation isn't telling me what games I should be playing and supporting
Good luck playing Rape Day, Kill the Faggot, those removed visual novels or the uncut version of Seduce Me.
>and that's fine
When I said it was wrong?

>not shilling for better store which gives consumers a better experience

>Good luck playing Rape Day, Kill the Faggot
Why would I want to play blatant troll games?

there are "developers" who work on and ship marketable titles, and there are "developers" who are aspiring amateurs that will probably never make a profitable game on their own and their best hope for entering the game industry is one day working as a small cog in a big company like EA

Nobody rejected his game. Epic just politely said that they wont buy his game as one of these free games, and he felt salty about it.

>a corporation isn't telling me what games I should be playing and supporting.

Featuring rape as a games content=trolling? Better stop reading Exhentai then because I'm getting trolled

is everyone on this website incapable of making a post to start a discussion without wording it like bait by making it so blatantly biased.

Attached: 1544065384424.jpg (600x750, 97K)

Ok but why did they allow the even shittier rollercoaster Tycoon adventures?

I mean Valve isn't saying no to those on quality standards, they're saying no on the basis of the fact that multiple government entities will get on their ass for selling and promoting rape content and the killing of gay people

Yeah you want that one chinese guy to decide what game is ok for you to play or not. Please don't mock our dictator

They're based in the United States and those games are protected by the First Amendment.

advertise their platform for your company more directly. Host official info on the twitter (exclusives and such), and some more stuff.

But they're making you choose between two shitty tacked on DRM clients. How do you justify being a drone for one rather than the other and vice versa?

You Don't.

Attached: 1517427052089.gif (496x278, 500K)

You still need to follow the laws of other countries if you're going to sell things there

What are you talking about?

Just don't sell it in those countries

Pretty much no ban on video games applies to digital.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games