OH NO NO NO

OH NO NO NO
HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN AC3 BROS!/

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 10.40.20 PM.png (1266x1430, 753K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YfKwS9ebHxA
youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what the fuck is it with all these """remastered""" editions of games ending up worse than the original? has there actually been a good one yet?

Was anyone asking for a remaster of 3?

Is this like the last time where it was actually a different character?

Soul vs soulless

what level of braindead do you have to be to like asscreed?

This No one even likes that game, what a gigantic waste of time for everyone involved

one their development is often outsourced and two, when it isn't outsourced it just proves that there has been a clear decline in quality of games due to hiring practices.

Maybe because Switch is a piece of shit?

upscale some textures and give 16:9 support.
why is it so fucking hard?

>Is this like the last time where it was actually a different character?

It clearly is the same character, look at the blemish by the eye on our right and the lock of hair on our left

I'm playing the game and it legit looks worse.
Even on high settings the textures are extremely blurry.

based

Whoa! Immediately to the Rent Free huh?

Imagine buying AssCreed 3 in 2019 after we learned in 2012 that it's a piece of shit game.
You'd have to be an incredibly special brand of retard.

Attached: 1552445983273.jpg (902x960, 86K)

Virtuos fucks up another remaster again

I hate tech illiterate retards. The reason the screenshot on the right looks worse is not the "new" models. Its the fucking lighting. Figures zoomers who like Assassin's Creed can't tell the difference.

Fun fact this also happened in the AC2 remaster. Just play the original my guy.

I hope you are just baiting

you're a brainlet. look at the nose on the right. it's a different nose, these are new models that are either bugged in some way or just look shit.

it reminds me of the LOD bug dragons had in Skyrim, like the models aren't loading properly

No one cares, remasters were just as bad from PS3 to PS4, and in this case it's literally portable. No one is going to care, no matter how much you want them to.

Attached: hn9U-b.gif (320x240, 2.13M)

>Ah yes, the new lighting! That would explain the model on the right looking like it's from a Wii game!

Stop letting Virtuos remaster shit

Attached: CxgGCNpUoAALzcn[1].jpg (400x463, 21K)

This company is fucking terrible.

Attached: D2xpS8yUkAUr5jh[1].jpg (1200x675, 93K)

That can't be real, what the fuck Ubi?

I didn't know they released AC3 on the PS2/Switch

why would anybody want to play AC3 again?

youtube.com/watch?v=YfKwS9ebHxA

It's real friend. Sometimes i wish it never exisited. I feel shame just looking at how much they fucked it up.

Attached: D2xpSN9X4AAkrM6[1].jpg (1200x675, 102K)

So I guess PC version of AC3 is the definitive edition?

The original has been delisted.

Link? There any other comparisons?

Holy fuck this is horrible.

Remaster actually looks way better during the normal course of play. It's just the closeups on faces that are atrocious.

Attached: ass3r.png (1280x720, 1.48M)

>ignore blueprint to save a couple bucks
>outsource to some chinks and build bad will

it's just that devs these days have a fetish for ugly character models.

What the hell did they do to this?

These are actually from the Switch version by the way.

LOD was massively scaled back and it feels like npc count also took a hit

Lighting makes quite a difference

Attached: screen_shot_2016-04-06_at_2.02.17_pm.png (1110x924, 1.76M)

No way is lighting the only difference.

People trying to justify their existence by doing busy work. But they're not the kind of people that need to be doing anything.

60fps should also be mandatory.

the fucking water isn't even there

water is not there, but lighting is the primary thing that give depth to graphics

Attached: doom.jpg (800x600, 86K)

Water is its own thing.

Attached: Layout_to_final.jpg (550x479, 36K)

That's the thing, it has NO new models, the models remain unchanged while the lighting system got replaced by that of the newest AC games, when the rest of the game was not designed with that lighting in mind.

Attached: 1553610212500.jpg (1920x1080, 174K)

Attached: ddom.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Yes the models are different, but OP's picture is implying the new models are why the game looks like dogshit. The game looks like shit because of the lower quality shaders on top of worse shadow quality and lower texture resolution. The change in models is hardly noticeable and I'm not surprised you faggots can't tell the difference. You think the hair on the right is entirely dark because of a difference in models? What about the dark eyes with no gleam because of shit shaders? And the teeth looking like piano keys? Kill yourself zoomers. I shouldn't have to spell this out for you

I sure do love that Sweet Sweet Switch version

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 12.03.39 AM.png (3360x1980, 1.61M)

a lot of those around

Sometimes it looks better, but other times it looks worse.
The game is just not made with this shit in mind.

Attached: 1545081286964.jpg (1920x1080, 226K)

Its the biggest difference, the one that makes the top look like Oblivion on low despite the insane polygon count

There's also this weird shit where their eyes glow as if they were robots.

Attached: 1538388512171.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

Ubisoft being bribed to downgrade the other versions.
Nintendo sure likes to money-bag.

If you retards can't tell yet, the right has higher resolution textures, higher polygon count, but worse lighting.

Oh man, the REALLY fun ones are when people decide to needlessly meddle with working gameplay aspects and shit all over them in the name of their vanity and their deluded artistic vision.

fuck you Aonuma, your laundry list of "tweaks" stacked up and ruined Majora's Mask.

Attached: jeebus.jpg (618x410, 70K)

The lighting system is the one from the newer Assassins Creed games.
It's just not meant for these models.

Attached: 1545149695332.jpg (1920x1080, 231K)

you cant be this stupid you must be baiting, shit isnt even rendered

It's probably that the models were textured and tested with the old lighting, so the artistic vision was thrown out the window when they redid the assets for a quick remaster

Seriously, compare those two pics with this one.
I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

Attached: 1544402095961.jpg (1920x1080, 255K)

The lighting looks like chiaroscuro, with huge contrast between the light and dark places. Also people in this thread don't seem to understand that the model is literally in my pic. This is the model before textures, shaders, or lighting is applied. A difference in the model is not going to cause the changes we're seeing in this remake.

Attached: 1524483538222.jpg (1024x717, 242K)

The important question is: is it multithreaded now? Original has abysmal CPU optimization.

Wait they remastered the worst A.C. game? I was so hype to play as a native American at the time and they just made him the most boring protagonist ever. Ubisoft are such shills

Connor was fine, he was just a naive boy who had a lot of hopes and dreams about doing good, and who was used by other people to do their bidding, manipulating him with the hopes he had.
There was even a deleted monologue of him admitting all the mistakes he made, which I have no idea why wasn't in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=H6d79JHh3cU

A majority of people got it with Odyssey's Season Pass.

SOSA'D

Attached: 110709+Sammy+Sosa+split.jpg (652x489, 62K)

I'm a flag-waving burger and I didn't even want Ass Creed 3.

The problem with Assassins Creed is that literally the first half of the game is a fucking tutorial.
The game doesn't open up until you are half way through.
5 sequences out of 13 just for the story to begin at last, what the fuck?

that literally doesnt matter if the lighting makes the game look worse than the original retard. are you going to say people should be happy about pic related because it moved to a better engine and had some nice ripple effects on the cape?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

Top has more soul

Halo 2 Anniversary is fantastic.

Combat Evolved Anniversary is also decent thoiugh a few levels have fucking up atmosphere

OOT3d is also great aside form a few specific scenes people cherrypick and then edit images of to make them look evemn worse. MM3d is fine visually but fucks up about as muich as it improves in terms of gameplay

>Combat Evolved Anniversary
I really don't like the art style, H2A was well done though

btw it's the same developer that fucked this up.

outsourcing to chinks

just look at return to arkham or FFX

Dark Souls, this game, Batman. All the same remaster studio, all shit the bed.

>porting a 360/PS3 game to switch
>"remaster"
that's now how that works at all

starcraft.

CEA pretty much murders the artstyle of the original CE completely, but 2 Anniversary is pretty much a 1:1 translation and is extremely faithful to the original 2 campaign

To be fair the right is what a European man would look like in the 1700s. They're going for accuracy here.

Turok(s)

>porting a 360/PS3/Wii U game to switch
ftfy

Nothing tops Fable Anniversary in the shit remasters department

>normal map has baking errors on his lips
>they ship it instead of fixing it in photoshop in literally 5 seconds.

i don't know who's worse, ubisoft, or the retards that buy their garbage.

BioShock's was good.

>Ubisoft

Attached: guy walking out door.jpg (640x360, 51K)

The hd remaster of REremake was done well and followed this exactly. The game still looks great.

I like the game because I have a boner for the American revolution

the riddick remaster was great