If all 3D Zeldas are 10/10 then how come there are literally no 3D Zelda clones?

If all 3D Zeldas are 10/10 then how come there are literally no 3D Zelda clones?

Is it too hard to copypaste the dungeon/items/exploration formula? God damn it

Attached: IMG_6734.jpg (637x367, 81K)

>If all 3D Zeldas are 10/10
???

Souls games are literally Zelda games but with RPG mechanics and little to no puzzles.

>If all 3D Zeldas are 10/10
they aren't
>Is it too hard to copypaste the dungeon/items/exploration formula
they do those things very poorly

Okami

/thread

No sword no zelda

Well according to reviews and fans of the saga all of them are 10/10 flawless masterpieces :^)

Zelda Popularized & is credited for inventing lock on targeting, so basically every modern 3D game is a Zelda clone

>reviews and fans of the saga
wew lad

Ys Ark
Ys Oath
Ys Origin
Ys 7
Ys Celceta
Ys 8

So no zelda clones because zelda is shit and doesn't sell, it's a good explanation.

Wait.

I cannot think of a single game that uses the lock-on targeting from Zelda.

Pro Tip: Souls games use a COMPLETELY different system.

>Ys Ark
Kinda reminds me of Ragnarok Online, is it only on PS2? I'd be willing to try.

They are all on steam
Ark/Oath/Origin use the same engine, Ark is clunky and the rest are better polished and better games
Same thing with 7/Celceta/8, it's a new engine and 8 is the most polished one

Kingdom Hearts, Devil May Cry, Dark Souls, Metroid Prime, Grand Theft Auto III-V, Psychonauts, Shadow of the Colossus, Assassin's Creed, Bayonetta, God of War, Sands of Time, Beyond Good & Evil, Ico

dark souls (the first one at least) is far more reminiscent of metroid prime than it is zelda

Because developers chose to be a master of X, Y, or Z instead of being a jack of all trades. Ocarina worked because it was as close to being a master of XYZ as anybody came for the time, and in my mind the 3D series hasn't been worth a damn since.
To each his own, of course, I'd just rather play shit like Dragon's Dogma or Bloodborne.
I mean when its the same adventure for the nth time, and the gameplay is mediocre at best, I find it increasingly unjustifiable to even bother with it.

>all 3D Zeldas are 10/10
OoT maybe, MAYBE was a 10/10 game in 1998, all the other games are 8/10 at best after removing the Nintendo Bonus

> then how come there are literally no 3D Zelda clones?
Wasn't Dark Cloud a 3D Zelda clone? There's Okami too.

> then how come there are literally no 3D Zelda clones?

What is Sphinx and the Curse of the Mummy?

Attached: sphinx.jpg (1087x720, 202K)

What's the criteria for being a Zelda clone?

???????????

Attached: Untitled.png (1000x667, 1.6M)

Metroids is literally side scrolling Zelda

So which order should I play them in user?

Doesn't matter, stories are self contained but there are references to previous and future games because the series doesn't progress linearly.
Play release order. It's always the answer. That way you can see gameplay progression and understand all the lore referencea

Literally every single third person 3D game is an OoT clone in some way or another.

Release order is ideal because the more polished they are the harder it is to go back to the clunky ones, but the series is set up in a way that you don't need to play the others at all to enjoy or underderstand whatever game you start with
Outside 3D there is also 1&2 Chronicles that is still worth playing
Release order would be
>1&2
>Ark
>Oath
>Origin
>7
>Celceta
>8
You could argue that playing Origin right after 1&2 would be a good idea since they are the most closely related games in the series plotwise
Do whatever you want though, and if you don't really feel a game you can always try the other ones, especially the ones with different engines

Attached: 1444938378261.jpg (504x693, 289K)

Soul can't be cloned.

Darksiders was alright. They were basically "what if we took zelda and combined it with god of war"

Like the other anons said, generally release order is the way to go, but just know that Oath and Origin are the must play games. Maybe Chronicles and VIII as well to a lesser extent.

Attached: 1524731540983.png (1600x900, 145K)

>He never defeated Orochi
>He doesnt know the greatness that is stacking 2 swords together for maximum damage